Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 01:51 AM   #1  
fatter than U

Talking In the Mooood for Loosing Weight!

A new day, a new thread. Shake off the cobwebs and start over. And put down that doughnut!

Was supposed to go and hang out in the computer room today with rowdy second graders but the teacher cancelled so I have the whole morning to do as I please. Which may possibly mean exericising and eating a healthy breakfast and listening to my mediation CD. Haven't decided yet. The Pre-Vacation Calorie Smackdown has been a tota bust so far. Weight just goes down a bit, then back up a bit. My Vancouver family will just have to accept my chubbiness and love me just the same. Dad informs me it's 30°C there right now. Yikes. Dh is busy buying Volkswagen parts on eBay to take over with us so Dad can restore his 1962 VW Beetle that I used to drive. I hate driving but I looooove that car.

So anyway, I haven't bought new glasses in about 10 years - just had the old lenses put into new frames so I wouldn't look totally dated. Went to see about getting new ones and because I'm blind as a bat, they're charging me EUR 439!!! That's over 500 US. I mean, really! Shouldn't I get a discount for being visually challenged? Seriously considering doing the laser thing. Might have it done some time in Vancouver, as you suggested, Wabby, because there's a really excellent clinic there. Apparently even people from Washington, Montana and Ohio use it. Must start saving my grocery money so I can get it done the next time we go on vacation. End of pity part.

Mantra for today: I am actively in charge of my life. I love and respect my ability to follow my own path
Old 06-21-2004, 02:12 AM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

Lovely mantra, Sugar.

I think I owe a tee shirt back to the grab bag.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #3  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Me too, Sugar.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:06 PM   #4  

I'm still fat. My pond is done. DS's friend brought me 2 koi. He is DS's good friend who doesn't live with us. He tries to give me advice on how to get DS's other friend to move out.

As usual, our house was chaos all weekend. The problem is not so much the one of DS's friends that lives with us, it's all the other ppl who come over to hang out with DS's friend. And DS. And DD. Then there is our annoying next door neighbor Bob, who doesn't know when to go home. He's retired and he really needs to find a hobby.

DH is leaving to go on a fishing trip to BC, Canada. North of Sugar's relations. Whaaah. I think I'm starting to feel sorry for myself.

Peachy, congrats on the rainbow assortment of t-shirts. You done good.

Kiwi, still waiting for that video.

Mantra for today - My life is totally out of control. I am being driven crazy by my inability to get it back on track.

Ooops. wrong mantra.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:11 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

no!! that was the right mantra!! it's actually working for you!!! sorry for you troubles wabby---come on over here---we have five teenage girls {dd20 moved out with her man,and LOVES being out of the confusion!!!!!} the entire upstairs is a mess of clothing that i refuse to launder and there are always about five tvs blaring or a computer spewing out music AT ALL HOURS------------I think i will escape to the garden---maybe i can take you some pictures of our lilacs-------THAT JUST CAME OUT THIS WEEK---IMAGINE THAT!!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 04:39 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I think I owe a tee shirt back to the grab bag.
Oops!

I need a mantra too. How about: Laundry is joyful way to spend my time. Folding clothes is the key to eternal happiness.

I'm not buying it.

I have found the solution, Wabby! Your next door neighbor needs a surrogate son! Move the kid over there and send the parties with him.

I think we will be taking a weeklong sail the beginning of July. It's been so long since I've been on the sailboat, that I am actually looking forward to it.

I can't believe your lilacs are just blooming, Bagz! Ours are gone gone gone. I think they were early this year. Right now it's the perfect weather in my opinion. It gets warm during the day, but not so hot that the house is sweltering, and it gets nice and cool at night. I can actually face housework for short bursts on days like these

Sugar, when are you flying overhead? Must be coming up very soon. Maybe Bagz and I will get together and wave a couple of tequilla bottles over our heads to commemorate your passage. Whaddya say?

Have to take one of my kitties to the vet in the morning to have her teeth cleaned. The brainless one, Coco. The vet has to put her under anesthesia to do it. I asked him how he would ever be able to tell whether she's unconscious...

Later babes,
Kiwi
Old 06-21-2004, 05:44 PM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

my vet wants to clean cat teeth, too. I'm against it. Cats have gone this long without this treatment.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:02 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

I've never had my other cat's teeth cleaned, and she's about a year older than this one. The vet showed me the problem--her gums are bleeding, looked kinda bad. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll bet the problem with this cat is that she will only eat cat food -- the older one likes mice and squirrels as well

Lush, have you gotten any emails from me? I got a couple of messages saying that my emails to your address have been blocked.

I'm marinating portabello mushrooms for dinner. MMMMM

Kiwi
Old 06-21-2004, 07:04 PM   #9  

I can't say I'm either for or against it. I'm so wishy washy.

Our lilacs were done the first part of April. Mock orange is just finishing up. Purple cone flowers & dahlias are starting. I know that when things begin to bloom up north that everything just POPS! Things come on a little slower here.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:09 PM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

you're against it, Wabby. Stick with me.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:00 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Peaches is against dentistry. I'm telling.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:39 AM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i am especially against human dentistry-----i like to do my own with my Sears Pliars ,nail file and eyebrow tweezers. Contact cement has worked great for my fillings and crazy glue holds my homeade crowns---{plaster of paris with shellac for a nice shine}.When I want to appear really cool,I paint one of my front teeth a nice shiny gold {Ceramcoat "shimmering sunset gloss". Anyone want my recipe for scratch and sniff filling paste?
Old 06-22-2004, 01:08 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, that's great, Bagz. You can do my root canal (I don't think I can do it myself, because the tooth is way in the back). I'll bring my own cordless Dremel drill, that'll work, don't you think? And a gallon of tequila.

Kitty is fine, but they had to extract a molar. It was broken off and infected. Maybe now she will be more willing to eat her dry food. I wonder if they make kitty Tylenol.

Kiwi
Old 06-22-2004, 02:23 PM   #14  

My golden retriever broke one of his front teeth. He had to have it pulled. Actually, I don't know if he had to have it pulled, but the vet pulled it and charged me big bucks. He still has horrible breath. The dog, not the vet. I guess maybe I am against it. It was expensive and the dog didn't say thank you.

Bagzie, I think you may have come up with your new career! No worries about college money now. You'll be set.

DH's leaving on this fishing trip and I have to get his laundry done before he goes. Why does his vacation have to cause me work? This is like double no fair. We went out in the boat for a quick river cruise yesterday. It's a war zone between the fishermen, the waterskiers and the jetskiers. It's a wonder there aren't more accidents.

There was a news story about a father's day incident here. Apparently husband and wife couldn't agree on where to go for dinner for father's day. Husband wanted pasta. Wife wanted low carb. He got mad, jumped out of car, called her names and walked off. She ran him down with the car, knocking him unconcious. Then she called 911. Makes our father's day seem a little dull. He was released from the hospital the next day with a mild concussion and cuts and bruises. I think this proves that Low Carb dieting makes you testy.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:26 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

[FONT=][/FONT]Oh goodie, Low Carb Attempted Murder. Next, the Low Carb Diet defense. "Please let me off, Your Honor, I'm too dumb to read a simple article about nutrition, so all I eat is beef jerky and axle grease. It wasn't my fault I drove my Hummer into the town meeting and killed the mayor!"

Dang, I got a message on my voice mail that I have an appointment for a physical tomorrow. I did not remember this at all. I can't decide whether to cancel it because I don't need a physical every freaking year, or to go because I could get some more good migraine pills. I have about 1/2 an hour to decide. Discuss. Please remember I hate going to the doctor and I haven't done anything about my weight or my cholesterol since last time...

Kiwi
Closed Thread