Old 06-19-2004, 11:52 PM   #1  

Question Rewards/Incentives

Hey guys,
Ricky and I went shopping today. We visited a tatoo artist's studio. I found a beautiful dragon fly (I'm partial to them because I have a df birthmark). I didn't want to spend the money on myself yet ($50.00), not until I have made more progress. I told Ricky I would maybe get it for myself when I've lost 50 lbs. He said, nope. He says he's going to get if for me when I've lost 25 lb! That's something special to work toward, if I don't chicken out!

I'm thinking of buying myself a pedicure/foot massage when I reach my first mini goal.

Who else uses rewards/incentives?

Do you think it's a good idea?

I know the reward of health, energy, a fit body, etc, are reward plenty, but what about rewarding our hard work along the way...as long as it's not with food!
Maricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:34 AM   #2  
Live for the Moment!

Maricky,

Great Post! I will be using rewards and incentives.. I think it just adds to the motivation and encouragement - gives you something to look forward to. My attitude before was that everything had to wait until I lost all the weight (which wouldn't be for a year) but now I've decided to start rewarding myself in small portions.. Here's what I've come up with so far..

25 lbs gone - Getting my nails done (I've wanted to do this forever)

50 lbs gone - Getting my hair styled different and highlighted blonde again ( it used to look so nice )

Final Goal - HUGE Shopping spree baby - Oh yeah, whole new wardrobe with clothes that I WANT to wear.... and its gonna be regular sizes.. even if its the biggest in regular I just want to get out of the Plus's for the first time in 3 years.

Biggest Reward - Steve and I want to get married within the next few years and it will probably be on a beach somewhere and girlfriend there ain't no way in HE** I'm going to a beach looking like this, especially on my wedding day..

Wow - Thanks again Maricky, after writing this all down, now I have even more motivation.... See that's why we're all here...

Ciao Bella,
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #3  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

my reward for hitting target is gonna be nothing more than smuggness. best way of stopping tattoos hurting don't think about it talk with the artist just general chit chat takes you mind away and don't hurt as much. 1 of mine dind't hurt at all the one on my calf hurt when it went over the bone but not much
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 11:42 AM   #4  

I use rewards and incentives. At my first mini-goal I got my nails done. When I meet my 4th of July challenge I am going to buy a new outfit. I think rewards and incentives are a great way to give yourself something for all the hard work you have accomplished.

Maricky, I have a tattoo and several body piercings. With tattos it is not so bad at all. When they say the outlining is the worst they mean it. I was just merely uncomfortable when I had mine done. And, my best friend went with me, and she does not deal with pain so well, did not have a problem having hers done either. I think you will do just fine.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 12:03 PM   #5  

Celina! You should print your post out and pin it up somewhere prominent, girl! You're sounding incredibly motivated!!

Slim and Tammy, thanks for the 411 on tatoos.

Slim, what an awesome plan, man! Smug as a reward. After all your hard work, you can be anyway you want to be!

Tammy, entering ONEderland certainly calls for a special treat! You'll look amazing!
Maricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:49 PM   #6  
Abby's Mommy

I cant say that I have a specific reward in mind after Ive lost all this weight, butI know I'll have new clothes. ( I'll have to, mine wont fit! ) I think I'll just set aside money for our vacation next year...Hawaii maybe!?!?!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:49 AM   #7  

Well I got my dog for my first 20 lbs lost. He is my new walking partner. I needed something BIG for my first goal because I usually quit before I get anywhere. For my first 10% gone which will be 36 lbs lost I want to get another earring. I have them almost all the way up both ears. I want one more pair at the top. Then I am going to do rewards for each 10%. When I have reached onederland I am getting a tattoo and when I reach my goal I am getting a whole new wardrobe and a belly ring. I have to sit and figure out what rewards I want for each 10% loss. I cant wait to reach these goals.
Safora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

That Belly Ring Idea.... hmm... since I have never really seen my belly button, that might be something cool to consider.. My belly button shows now and is not covered by a large roll!! hee hee. Still not an "outie" and don't know if it ever will be but its getting there. I have contimplated a belly ring but I am a sissy when it comes to pain.. We'll see!! I have noticed that I do more things with my friends now, camping, going to the beach (and wearing a real bathing suit) so those are all rewards to me. Great Thread!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:36 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I don't have any small rewards set up yet. I had a facial last night (Gift Cert from Mother's Day) and it was better than sex, so I am CERTAIN that will fall into my reward system.

But when I lose 100 lbs, this jewelry set will be my reward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg necklace.jpg (7.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg earrings.jpg (2.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg bracelet.jpg (5.5 KB, 9 views)
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:34 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

As cool as they are, I think I might be too old for a belly ring. Now, a tattoo....maybe.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Not quite sure what my reward will be when I reach 250 but I'm working on one. At 225, Jeff is going to teach me how to horseback ride at 200 I'm going to learn how to team rope, at 175 I'm getting at tattoo and at 150 I get a weekend getaway to some spa somewhere and Jeff has to quit smoking.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote