Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-19-2004, 07:10 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - June 19 & 20 (Happy Fathers Day)

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope your all off to a good weekend. Today I have some errands to run so I must be out of the house by 9 am (because the rug guy is coming to tighten the rugs lol ) DD needs sneakers so off we go.........

Watcha got planned?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I just did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP express tape! and now I have my hair wrapped in a towel because I just got thru coloring it and I'm fixing to hit the showers.

Just gonna wash clothes and hang out around here today. Gonna fix some ribeyes steaks for dear hubby for father's day, bec we are going to his dad's for lunch after church tomorrow.

Hope all is well!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:18 PM   #3  

Good morning everyone

It is a really nice day outside....sunny & warm....will be putting on my shorts soon. DH & I were on the deck for coffee this morning.

Yesterday evening DH & I went to the next door neighbors for dinner....their neighbor on the other side of them was also there....the neighbors told us they are moving to Kelowna...in B.C.....in the summer sometime. Dinner was over 4 hours....when we left at 11 P.M.....there was still some daylight out....Monday is the longest day of the year.....& we are 500 miles north of Vancouver. We had a really nice time.

It is hot already....we are keeping all the curtains & windows closed.....so the house stays cooler.

I called a naturopath yesterday.....have an appointment on Monday morning.....am going to try natural meds for the SAD....the regular antidepressants have so many side effects.....am tired of being tired all the time.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:23 PM   #4  

Still can't email. Am taking to smoke signals.

Not much new here. SSDD!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 07:33 PM   #5  

Awwwww Tippy - that is awful to not be able to get email. You need to spend more time in here chatting with us and telling us what you are up to. I miss chatting with ya girlie!

Hope all is well (except for your email of course).

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-19-2004, 07:35 PM   #6  

April - do you mean that it is still daylight at 11 pm up there? are you kidding me? I can't imagine what that must be like. what time does the sun come up in the mornings?

I hope the appt goes well on Monday. keep us posted.

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-19-2004, 09:54 PM   #7  

Cathy.....at 11 P.M. last tnight .....there was still some blue sky....for the next few nights.....it will still be not comepletly dark at that time....until Monday....when we will have the longest day of the year.....after that....the days will get shorter by a few minutes a day.....until December....before Christmas.....it will be dark at 4 P.M.

What time does it get dark...now where you are Cathy?

April
Old 06-20-2004, 02:01 AM   #8  

Hi everyone.....not much new.....trying to decide what I am gonna do in the fall.....going to go for BSC RN or join running room.

Feeling good......got my garden done...back to work is fun.......hope everyone is having a good weekend....

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 07:19 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Happy Fathers Day !!

Tippy, no wonder you've been ignoring me hope you fix it soon. Hey smoke signals = bbq

Cathy WTG on the exercise good going. So what color are you this week ??? just being a smart @$$.

April this is the longest week your right, just last night at 9:30 pm it was still light out. I was saying to DH oh lordy the fireworks in 2 weeks will prob be at 10 pm b/c its so light so late.

Hey Liz, Back to school for you again ??? you rock girlie. Glad your feeling well.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:44 AM   #10  

Every time I come here, I see the "Featured thread-Get fit for this summer-Draper on 3FC-IRON ON LINE ARM ROUTINE"!!! I think Ouch! Nobody is going to iron anything on my arm!

Been watching one of our outside cats playing with her babies. Her name is Mama Speed and her kittens are absolute hellions...cute as the devil. I couldn't sleep so I got up at 5:45 and my insdie cats, Tippy and Brat, are trying to convince me to feed them. I can see a deer up on the hill now. Such a pretty day-a bit cool, but nice and sunny.

We have church this morning. Gotta greet and also, Roger has an Elder meeting after. Then it's off to shop for Tuesday. We're going to the Milwaukee Zoo with DD and her family for the day.

Gotta get some coffee....see ya!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 01:41 PM   #11  

Good morning ladies

It is going to be hot today....already it is warm....DH & I had our coffee outside on the deck earlier this morning. I have been getting dressed when I 1st get up the first thing in the morning the last few days....trying to start a new habit.....have had the bad habit of stying in my bathrobe all morning....or later......most days....when I went to the classes on depression....living with depression....other women there did it also.

DH & I & Charlie....our dog are going to DS3's & his GF's house at 1 P.M. for lunch...brunch.....just a few hours from now.

I slept last night.....had no trouble going to sleep....that sure is good....tomorrow I go to the Naturopath.....has anyone ever been to a naturopath before?

April
Old 06-20-2004, 05:16 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon Gang!

we have had a busy day but it was all good!

April - right now it starts getting dark around 8. during the winter the earliest it will get dark here is 5 pm. I just can't imagine it still be light out at 11 pm and trying to go to sleep like that. I think my body would be so out of whack like that? So glad to hear that you slept last nite! that's great!

Leenie - I am "light ash brown", this week and every week LOL I only color my hair to cover the gray. I have so much gray these days that it sort of looks hilighted on the top and sides bec the gray colors differently the light brown hair does.

Liz - what is "join running room"? does that mean you are thinking about joining something that would have you running for exercise? you are always so motivated! if anyone ever asks me what my hobbies are I just say - LIFE - home, work, church and exercising - because that's all I have time for. Well I guess you could say that playing on this computer is my hobby, but you sure seem to be able to keep a lot of irons in the fire without going nuts! that's great!

Tippy - it's always so good to see a post from you! wish I could run up there and have coffee with you! wouldn't that be a hoot! I haven't been to a Zoo in years - sounds like fun!

Well gang I will say goodnight and meet ya here tomorrow morning!

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-20-2004, 07:35 PM   #13  
Walking by faith

Wink Hello Ladies!

Hope you and your DH's are having a Happy Father's Day

The surgery on my ankle went well. I went in at about 11 am, and was home by 3:30 pm. I see the Dr. for my follow up tomorrow. I wish that everything else was o.k. My DS has just about hit rock bottom. He decided to celebrate his 18th B-day by hooking up with some "friends" and getting drunk. Well, he was the only one stupid enough to get caught He's now about 70 miles away from here in jail, and we can't get hold of the bailbond people. He's been in jail since Saturday am, and I don't know when he'll be home. Maybe this is going to turn out to be a good thing-he needs to change the direction of his life, and I think GOD is going to be getting his attention.

Lynnie: I was reading Friday's thread, and I saw a lot of good things are happening for you!

Tippy: Hope you get back online soon

Love to all of you
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:14 AM   #14  
Oooo Silly Me!

Happy Father's Day!!

I had a good weekend, was long. I took my stepometer with me to the computer show... we walked 3 miles LOL well 2.7 miles. We were there for 5 hours. Got a few good things for the computer and a new harddrive as well.

Can't wait to get this sucker loaded in... not to mention I'm going to be upgrading to XP as well... hope I won't have anymore problems...

Just wanted to say hello to everyone!

Take care ladies!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:49 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girls

Joanne, I'm so glad your operation went well, what do you have to do now that your home? is it in a cast? I'm so sorry to hear about your son, you know its so tough to raise kids, you try and try and just some times they go a different route. We have 7 kids in my family and all but my one brother turned out "okay" what ever that means eh. No matter what my poor parents did, my brother just seems to want to do his own thing and get in trouble constantly. And parents feel like its something they did. As a parent we try to do the best we can, its really all we can do. Maybe by sitting in jail, it might teach him a lesson? we can only hope it will. Its a tough call, because bailing them out all the time is only aiding him to do wrong again. Hugs and kisses to you lady, I'll be praying for him and your family.

Sue, WTG on the miles