South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 07:22 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default TGIF--Yeah! Beach Chat

Good morning, Chickies~~

So glad the weekend is upon us, aren't you?

Friday is my "short" day at work...only stay til 2:30 instead of 5:00. This is going to be MY weekend. Since my birthday and Father's Day are colliding this year, my darling dh has booked a room at a nice hotel here in Atlanta. He's taking me out to dinner and has promised that we'll have a wonderful time together! Once we get home on Sunday, then it'll officially be Father's Day and I'm cooking him my World Famous Rotissierie Chicken with all the trimmings. His favorite meal in all the world.

I fell off the wagon a teensy bit last evening and had a spider roll at my favorite sushi place. Too bad I can't get them to do brown rice instead of white, then it would be nice and legal for us Beach babies.

I've stepped outside and it's going to be another scorcher~~sigh~~

Hope all you Chicks have a great day on the Beach.

Mamacita
Old 06-18-2004, 07:40 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

A semi-scorcher coming up here in The Great White North, Mamacita. Yesterday was bad with the humidex and UV high so Sarah and I did not bust our butts in the garden. I went to town in the afternoon and looked at new range hoods. I've decided I need an electrician to install it so will need to search around for another workie type to add to my "harem"! Kevin had a bad experience with wiring a few months ago and does not do that anymore.

This morning The Girls kicked up a big fuss at five. When I went downstairs, they were standing on the bookcase barking out the window! There was a deer in the dog garden! Silly thing jumped the fence and then could not get enough of a run at it to get back out! I had to unlock the gate and chase her out accompanied by offended barking and howls of outrage from inside the house! I'll inspect the back garden later - deer love to munch on bean plants and mine are just up - all succulent and tender! (Is chasing deer aerobic exercise?)

In a few minutes, I'm off to water the plants at the Fairground. (They needed it yesterday but I was too wiped by the time I got home from town.) I've planned a salad lunch and a new salmon burger recipe for dinner. It's nearly legal but has Hoisin sauce in it which I suspect has sugar!

Have a great TGIF and a wonderful weekend.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:42 AM   #3  

Mamacita,
Sounds like you will be having a wonderful planned weekend. I am also so glad its Friday its been a long week at work. I actually have to doctor appointments today early on and then the sky is the limit. Going to go out with a couple of friends and the hubby for dinner tonight. I will most likely fall off the wagon a bit. But I will try to do good all day and adjust my eating to balance it out I hope. Trying to keep off my lbs. I took off already isn't easy. Seems that when I get to my low point I go up an down for a few days flexing that number. Does this generally happen to others to? It isn't much fun to lose and get the numbers down and then up , oh well at least its only 1/2 to 1 lb. I am sure to keep track of it as I feel so much better now. Its not how fast for me that I lose but to keep it off and be healthier in the long run. I would like to lose 4lbs. more by 7/21 my birthday we'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a super day everyone and good luck to all of you with your changes in your lifestyles!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skyfirefly
Old 06-18-2004, 08:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, girls!

Mamacita, your weekend sounds wonderful! Have a good time, hon!

Ruth, deer chasing is DEFINITELY aerobic activity!!

Skyfirefly, enjoy your diner with DH tonight!!

Jodi, I am so with you re: getting back OP. I just can't get it together.

Clovey, peas were MEANT to be eaten right in the garden! They're such a sweet treat.
Compost on your back seat. I can so relate to that!

Cottage... a free sauna... How wonderful for Caitie to look forward to a sibling at her age! Our children are seven years apart, and right now they're giggling and having a morning cuddle together. They have their "moments", but for the most part they get along SO well. The age gap has really worked for them.

Laurie, your stomach is getting smaller!! The other day my trainer wanted me to stand and bend over so that my head was touching me knees. hahahahahahahaha! He doesn't appreciate that there's about 40 pounds of fat stopping me...
I belonged to a book club for a year or so. It was fun, but all of the other women were too "nice" to criticize the books other people had chosen. I was the only one who made the occasional negative remark, and it made me none too popular. Heck, if you think a book is crap, then SAY SO!!
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one bad with fines. We just got a fine from the library for 160 bucks. heh heh. I figure we're helping to support the library.

ADDFlower, I've read most of the Pollyanna books... I love them! I think you've got a great attitude.
I'm glad you're getting more energy! Rock climbing would be SO cool!

Dad is at the hospital today having his monthly blood transfusion, and Mom and DD and I are hitting the second hand stores. Our favourite place to shop.

love and hugs to everyone I've missed...
Old 06-18-2004, 08:52 AM   #5  

good morning chickies,
TGIF!!! this is truly a happy day. it is supposed to be my short day at work......the super from the main office just called and said their server is down so that means little to no work for me to do this morning. i really need the break i worked my butt off this week.(well i wish!!)

i went home last night and madr the broccoli rabe, i never had this before but it was very good. i winged a ground turkey, white bean and ww penne pasta with alot of garlic the dh and kids loved it so it is a keeper.

we are fast approaching the end of baseball season (thank goodness) so lots of games to get played this weekend, also the church festival, and can't forget about fathers day so it will be another busy one.
hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:06 AM   #6  
Reeling Reverend

BUSY, aren't we?! Glad everyone is doing well!

We were set to go to my brother's house in West Virginia this weekend for father's day, and he called yesterday to tell me their AC was broken. It's going to be near 90 or above with the heat index, so we're likely having it at my house. Ummmm... I haven't had time to really clean the house. I keep the kitchen and bathroom spotless, so the junk, crap, and clutter get put everywhere else, which is only two rooms, since our house is so small. Yeah, I'm going to be doing some cleaning when I get home from work! It's the motivation we needed, I suppose, and will look simply lovely when done.

Mamcita- I don't know if you have Whole Foods stores where you are, but they make sushi with brown rice. If I'm jonesin (which is nearly everyday) I go get brown rice sushi there.

Ruth, you deer-chasing fiend. HILARIOUS. Noodles has taken to patrolling the (NEW!) back door for any birds or bugs that might invade. I think she would run and hide if she saw a deer. Some rottweiler...

Sky- 1/2 loss is better than 1/2 pound gain!

Ellis- fingers crossed for dad! Second hand shopping. I am BEYOND jealous. There's nothing like someone elses junk to make your own treasure. LOVE IT!

Jodi- I am so jealous! If our server goes down here, yours truly has to fix it, though i know nothing about computers. Enjoy the relaxed day!

Everyone-Have a TERRIFIC day! (I will too since I just had a doughnut.. I'm HORRIBLE!)
Old 06-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #7  

Good morning All! Have a great weekend Mamacita!

Had a good OP day yesterday. Hope to keep OP this weekend. Everyone else enjoy yourselves and don't overdo it in the heat and humidity!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:48 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all...

Yay for all of you on plan! Yay for deer chasing! And Yay for good plans for the weekend!

I ma having a small gathering tonight. I was tempted to buy "low carb" beer, but bought 2 bottles of wine instead. If I want to drink, that's what I am going to drink.

Lost another 2 pounds from what I gained. But I am feeling totally frustrated ladies.

How can I stay on this plan is when I have a "bad" two days and eat a serving of fries and 2 slices of pizza, I gain 4 lbs!?!?! Seriously...I feel like I can never have anything good again. If I do, I'll gain and it's that much tougher to go back and try to lose it again. When I lost the 42 lbs on my own, I was able to have the "bad" stuff, as long as I didn't binge on it [like have 5 servings of fries and 1/2 a pizza].

[ /total frustration ]

Have a good Friday...I hope my friends get me out of this funk! I prepared all OP snacks for tonight: chimichurri chicken bites, roasted red pepper "salsa", turbo fast hummus, and black bean dip -- instead of chips I am making grilled polenta crackers [I know, corn, BUT it's low in sugar polenta] and whole grain Wasa crackers...
Old 06-18-2004, 10:00 AM   #9  

Hey chickies!!

Just catching up on the last few days worth of posts since we are still not online at home. I am teaching summer school this morning and don't have a first period class, so I have been skimming away!

I had a very off OP evening on Wednesday, but got back on yesterday. We went to Happy Hour where I indulged in beer, chips and salsa, and nachos. I actually felt ill yesterday morning due to the bad-carb overload. Definitely NOT worth it!!

I have been reading up a storm this summer, my favorite so far being The Pilot's Wife, by Anita Shreve. Very good!

Have a super Friday and a great weekend!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:06 AM   #10  

Wow I am so jelaous of all you chickies having fun this weekend. Other than baking birthday, father's day, and wedding cakes I get to study for two bar exams all weekend. Hooray! Please have extra fun for me!!!

Stick with it Jenne, after my slip up last weekend I'm now more motivated than ever to stay on this. I fit into my cute hawaiian (size 10) skirt yesterday and wanted to shout from the rooftop...size 8 here I come! Then one of my roommate comes down this morning and says that I have really slimmed down. It gave me that additional push to kick the pasta/chocolate devil out of my mind- for today anyways. Just know that even if you cheat- we are all still here for you to give you the push to get back on the perverbial wagon.

Tea time-
VTprop
Old 06-18-2004, 10:16 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Yeah but is being thin worth not having fun again VT? I mean, that's how I equated fun - being carefree, not having to worry about eating 1 or 2 slices of pizza. I mean, I won't be going back to my old ways, I am just having some doubts. I mean, it's been almost two months and all I have lost is about 14 total -- not counting the 10 I've had to lose all over again.

It just seems to me that while SB is great, it also sets you up for failure as well. If you fall off, you instantaneously gain.

I am the biggest proponent of SB. I know it doesn't sound like it right now, but I am. I know it's easy to lose the weight again. I just feel like a yo-yo and that I will never be able to eat the foods that taste good, but are bad for you.

Ignore me. I am in a pretty foul mood. I don't want to ruin anyone's day...
Old 06-18-2004, 10:16 AM   #12  
I found my hipbones!

Happy Friday, chickies!

Mamacita--What is in the spider roll to make it look spidery? I always see the little picture of those on the sushi menu and wonder... I know what you mean about that sushi craving though. I loooove california rolls, and I usually treat myself to an order of them a week.

Ruth--My sister's dog Lucky goes wacko over the deer, too. They call her the Deerslayer.

For my part, I'm hoping to skip out of work early today, too. They don't schedule many Friday classes during the summer, so the office is usually dead by 11:00. Would love to get the chance to go look for some plants for my new hanging pot.

I am expecting a barrage of phone calls any day now b/c I just sent out a ton of shower invitations for my best bud. (My weight goal for her wedding on September 4th was to lose 50 pounds, and I'm only 9 pounds away!) I tried listing my email for the RSVP in front of the phone number in hopes that people would get the hint that I HATE the phone... We'll see if it works or not. Any suggestions for OP shower hors d'oeuvres are welcome, btw.

Have a great day!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:38 AM   #13  

Well, if anyone needs a hand getting back on the wagon, just climb up my back. I'm the one hanging on by one hand, and the rest of me is slamming the ground! Lol!
You all sound so busy, hope the day goes well for all.
My son woke up asking to go Gwage swaling (garage saleing) so we will go after I clean up the house and pay the bills.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:44 AM   #14  

jenn- your gathering sounds great!! you have taken the time to plan so you should do great!!! i have the same frustrating thoughts life was alot easier before i started caring about what i ate. i am very impatient and i want this weight to go away!!! i'll be honest i don't think i can live my life never eating another piece of pizza, but looking at the long term, making the life change, in the end when i am at my goal that piece of pizza wont matter that much. to me the gains are not true gains because they are easily flushed away with extra water and a good carb day or two. i am struggling so hard to get back on this plan because i know this is the easiest (not fastest) way for me to get to my goal. i know that when i am eating according to this plan i am not starving and i feel good. i know that i have lost 20lbs on this plan since i started in feb. this is not a staggering amount of weight i know but it is gone for GOOD. keep your chin up, keep trying!!!
Old 06-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Hello ya'll

Well, you all sound busy. Yep, it's Friday here too, but doesn't feel like it for me. My son gets his wisdom teeth out today...yuck. I hate doing healthcare on my day off.

I survived girls camp. 10 13-15 year olds in the mountains in tents. I froze my buns off. We woke up to frost everywhere. Do you have any idea how cold aluminum tent poles are as we're taking them down?????? I did manage to lose a pound. I cooked for them, but ate my own private stash of food. Very OP.

Well, Jodi, I hope your servers stay down all day and you get a nice long weekend.

Ellis, don't buy too much stuff, but while you're out and about, you might want to mail my bracelet

Ruth, so cool that you live somewhere that there are deer! Hopefully your beans survived.....and that the dogs don't need therapy for having their space invaded.

Mamacita, have a great day at work. You deserve a weekend!

I weeded my garden this morning and sat down in the garden and gorged myself on strawberries. They are so good.
My weekend will be spent in the ER. Ugh. Hopefully people will decide it's too nice outside to come in....what are my chances? Slim to none! I have my final in my statistics class this Wednesday and then I'm going to finally enjoy the summer!

You all be good, if you can't be good, be good at it!
Closed Thread