Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 09:47 PM   #1  
On my way!!

Talking

We're on a roll....let's keep up this energy!

womainlove
Old 04-12-2001, 09:53 PM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default FreeRunner

Yes it is ellipitcal. But its different than the Precor. I have been using it for about a month. Of which I have missed a week due to friends be in town and me having to go out of town. So now I am getting back into a routine. I went tonight and did pretty well. I'm up to 1.32 miles at 20 minutes. A heck of alot better than I was doing on the treadmill.
Old 04-12-2001, 09:54 PM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Holy Moly!

Where in the world was I for the past half hour! You ladies tore up that last thread!!!

Womaninlove: It's nice to see you! I'm glad you enjoyed your mini-vacation! I'm really anxious about Philadelphia...I've been eating the house down! Pretty soon I'll have eaten the front door and I'll have to use my body to block the wind!! Ha..sorry....silly humor! Besides the elliptical, I can't really deal with much other machines..I don't know why..I did decide that I would do my 35min elliptical tonite and try 10-15 minutes on a treadmill. That's really great for legs.

Anne: Wow, we're both basically at the same weight. Are you vertically challenged? I'm 5'4...my goal is 155, what I was when I graduated from high school, a size 12. I can deal with that! It's alittle high sounding, but underneath all this flubb is muscle, and I know I can maintain it. I love the sound of your home elliptical. May I ask where you bought it, and about how much you paid? I've been thinking about it myself....

Everyone else, have a great night! Hope to hear from you soon, Emmy, Debbie and Denise! I didn't miss anyone, did I? Oh my...I don't think so....talk to you ALL soon!
Old 04-12-2001, 09:59 PM   #4  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Default Girlie

I didn't buy it. I use it at the YMCA I belong to.

I am 5'4 also! I am shooting for 125 wwgoal but I really want to get back to 120. We will see about that. I'm not 20 years old anymore!
Old 04-13-2001, 12:28 AM   #5  

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the welcomes! I'll post more tomorrow.

But to the Noo Yawkers---I am Manhattan born and Bronx raised!!!! You can definitely read my posts with the accent thrown in.......my California friends make fun of me awl da time!

Susan
Old 04-13-2001, 09:35 AM   #6  
On my way!!

Default TGIF!!!

Hi everybody!

I went to the gym today! I did my weight training and started on the treadmill for 10 min then...I tried the elliptical!! I was gonna do it for 10 min, then I liked it so much I went for 20! That thing kicked my butt!

I feel whooped. My fingers were actually a little pruny from all the sweat! I'll be back tommorow!

Girlie: You totally crack me up! (tip: couches tasted better with a little peanut butter smeared on them! ha ha! Silly!) You will be FINE! Enjoy your time at home!!!

mals: sounds like you have a good attitude about re-starting...it's hard to start up again after any absence...even a short one, isn't it? Good for you! You'll be flying on that thing in no time!

Susan: How YOU doin'?

Deb, Denise everyone...Happy Friday--enjoy your holiday weekend!!!! (easy on the marshmallow peeps! tee hee!)

womaninlove
Old 04-13-2001, 10:48 AM   #7  
Bacon Girlie

Default Friday!

Hey y'all! Just a quick note before I go to the eye doctor.

Susan: Hey, another New Yawker! You see, that, Debbie? Maybe you guys know each other...well, there are a LOT of people in the Bronx!!

Womaninlove: Hey, way to go on the elliptical! It's really great, isn't it? I don't get easily bored on it. Tip for you: use good elliptical posture. Stand straight up and use the bars only for stability, not to hold yourself up. I'm sure you're kicking *** on it! I find it easier not to hold on at all. My balance must be decent...I've almost fallen off a couple of times though!

Hey to everyone else!! I'll post later!

Girlie
Old 04-13-2001, 02:17 PM   #8  

Default Hello

Hello Everybody!! I hope all is well with everyone! I am still on track. Lacking a bit in my water today but I will get it down. I walked outside today to the post office about 4599 steps so that is a good walk. I did the tape three miles yesterday.

I would have been on to post yesterday but I didn't turn my computer on because once I get on here not much house cleaning gets done, so I spent the day cleaning. I scooted my big heavy hutch across the floor with my behind. Boy, was my behind sore today!! Hey does that count as exercise?

Have a great day everyone. Take care
Old 04-14-2001, 10:30 AM   #9  
On my way!!

Default Easter weekend!

Looks like everybody is busy enjoying the holiday weekend! Just wanted to wish everyone a great holiday! Enjoy!

Come check in soon!!!

womaninlove
Old 04-14-2001, 11:13 AM   #10  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Default Happy Easter Weekend!

Hope everyone is doing well and has beautiful weather. I have to hit the gym this morning and go grocery shopping. I already did 60 crunches on the FitBall. I love this thing. It makes me feel like a little kid. We have a smaller one (20 inches) and it didn't do the job. This one is 26" and is perfect. Have you guys tried one of these things?
Old 04-14-2001, 04:17 PM   #11  

Anne,

WHAT is a fit ball???? I want to get some kind of ab thingy for home.

I changed gyms this weekend. Too much nonsense at my old gym. I actually will have 2 gyms for a month but I don't CARE. I also have an elliptical trainer coming to my home one of these days....can't wait!

I have an appt with a fitness trainer in a couple of hours to introduce me to the machines at my new gym. I am doing BFL so I don't need them to come up with a plan but it will be nice to have someone walk me through all the machines.

hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Susan
Old 04-14-2001, 04:57 PM   #12  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hey!

What a great weekend! Too bad I've hardly done anything! I've got to get some research done for my class now, just wanted to check in. We're doing a 20 mile bike ride this evening and hopefully again tomorrow. I'm feeling sluggish and bloated...the scale went up 2lbs but I'm sure it's just that "time" of the month stuff!

Talk to you all soon...try not to eat too much tomorrow! My big vice is gonna be the sugar cookies I bake tonite to take to the fam...I always want to "sample" my masterpieces!!

Girlie
Old 04-14-2001, 06:46 PM   #13  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Default Susan

Take a look at this:

http://www.fitball.com you can do all kinds of exercises on it. I have the 26". I know they also make a 30". They are excellent and kind on your back. Take a look. There are other brands available. Just make sure you get one large enough. I'm 5'4 so this one works great.
Old 04-14-2001, 10:21 PM   #14  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Default Heart Rate Monitor?

Do any of you use a heart rate monitor when exercising? What kind and what do you think of it?
Old 04-14-2001, 11:27 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in quick to wish everyone a very Happy Holiday weekend. I have my points all figured out for tomorrow & I'm looking forward to that turkey I found a new vice....1 dessert shell (like the angel food cake) 1.5pts, 4 tbsp lite cool whip 1pt, 3/4 cup frozen red raspberries 0pts. I just split the shell in half & layered with cool whip & berries & then did the same with the other half. For 2.5pts it is GOOD!!! I am going to make that as a dessert for tomorrow.

I got my VCR...WOOHOOO! Tomorrow is tape time again I did get in 14,000 steps today & a little over 4 miles. Not bad...

Have a good one & enjoy
Debbie
Closed Thread