100 lb. Club - Quitting Weight Watchers.....

View Full Version : Quitting Weight Watchers.....

Charbar
06-16-2004, 10:05 PM
I'm pregnant! wow.. a bit of a surprise.. but not too much. I took a test 2 weeks ago and it was negitive.. but I was still late.. so today I thought I would take another test...and I'm pregnant! wow! This will be dh's and my second child.

I still want to somehow diet... I know I can't "diet".. but I can eat healthy. I don't have a licence to pig out!

anagram
06-16-2004, 10:09 PM
So many congratulations, Dana. Hope all goes extremely well. Yes, you can eat healthy and moderately. The wee bairn needs good sensible nutrition and you need to take care of you all you can. So great! February? March?

Br00klyn
06-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Congratulations! Oh - I'm sooo excited for you. I can't wait to have kids someday..not for a few years yet but I look forward to it!

Well no need to diet, just eat healthy and make sure you get all the food groups in... That alone will change your lifestyle habits...

Congrats again! :grouphug:

tolose85
06-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Congratulations Dana!!!!! Keep up the healthy eating habits then when you have your baby... It will be so easy for you to continue with it!! Congratulations to you. You are a very lucky girl!!

Sheila53
06-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Wow! Congratulations! Hope you stick around, Dana, so you can let us know how you're doing.

Raelynn
06-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Congratulations Dana!!!!

jiffypop
06-17-2004, 12:12 AM
oh WOW!!!! very cool... very exciting..!!!!!

you're not leaving us, are you?????

congratulations!1!

howie6267
06-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Yes your not allowed to leave. Great news and congratulations.

Safora
06-17-2004, 12:49 AM
CONGRADULATIONS DANA!!!! I am so excited for you! Definately keep us updated on your pregnancy. I think what the others said is true. You can really focus on eating healthy for the baby now and the habits will stick with you after. Good luck!

Jenaya
06-17-2004, 01:07 AM
Oh Dana, that is wonderful news! Congratulations. I always had great weight maintenance during pregnancy and always ended up with a 20 lb loss after the bambino was born. Just another perk for bringing a new person into the world - gives Mommy a wonderfully revved up metabolism. There is something about keeping the baby well fed and nourished with healthful things, my best to you. Another helpful hint, all the miles and miles of walking I did during my pregnancy - my second child all but fell out - just in case you need another good reason to walk!! Twenty minute labour, two pushes and viola - 9 lb girl and not a tear in sight. I credit walking. What a wonderful treat for your little one - a sibling!! Enjoy and take good care of you.

Jenaya

Daners
06-17-2004, 01:14 AM
Congratulations Dana!!!! So exciting!

Jillegal
06-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Hmmm.....strangely enough I was just reading the "Old Threads...this is cool" thread and found this in your list of 10 changes you planned on making in your life:

"9/ I want to have SEX again. what's sex?"

I guess that's one you DID get around to doing :D

Many congrats to you (and your dh) and don't you dare disappear Dana, ya hear?!

boiaby
06-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Congratulations Dana!! Were you two trying or was this an unexpected little surprise?? I'm so excited for you! Please stay with us and keep us updated.

Beverly

Reaferg
06-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Congrats Dana! How did Weight Watchers work for you? And what does "dh" mean I see it a lot on this site. I know it refers to your husband butt what does the "d" mean. Anyway its always nice to here somone is have a baby. I just had one 8 weeks ago and boy am I sleepy :coffee:
God bless

Sandi
06-17-2004, 10:09 AM
YAHHHH!!!!! :bb: :bb: :bb: A little baby on the way!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am soooooo excited for you!!!!

If you leave us, I will hunt you down!!!!!! :drill:

Reaferg - DH mean usually means Dear Husband. But if your peeved that D may take on a whole new meaning!!! ;)

glynne
06-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Congratulations Dana ~ Wow that is exciting!! Like the others said ~ please don't leave us.

Gayle

Reaferg
06-17-2004, 10:23 AM
JacobsMommy, LOL your too funny :lol:

barbygirl43
06-17-2004, 11:30 AM
that is great news. I ditto the don't be leaving us. I made that mistake during both my pregnancies and it took me way longer to get back in the swing of things.

I actually lost 12 pounds when I was PG with William. I was put on a lower carb diet because of gestational diabetes. Of course I couldn't quite get that exercise in.

irishwings
06-17-2004, 11:52 AM
*sniff* Oh, Dana! How beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys! That is awesome & wonderful . . .what a blessing from above!

:grouphug: Yes, do stick around and keep us posted on how you & your little sweetie :angel: are doing! :grouphug:

Tammy32
06-17-2004, 02:07 PM
I also had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant. They put me on the diabetic diet, and I only gained about a total of 15 pounds. Bad thing is I gained about 20 pounds after she was born!! I'm such a dork sometimes. Anyways, I did alot of research on gestational diabetes and I was shocked. 70% of women who had it while pregnant will go on to develop it later on in life. That is one of the big reasons I decided it was time to get this weight gone. I know I don't want to have diabetes later on.

Dana, What a joyous surprise!! I also hope that you stick around during your pregnancy. I think we would all miss ya tons if you stay away.

barbygirl43
06-17-2004, 05:27 PM
That's been one of my big motivators this time as well since my dad has diabetes as does his twin so I'm not taking any chances.

suzie76
06-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Dana,

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you and your husband. Please don't leave us!!!

I swear, pregnancy was the ONLY time I had a good metabolism. I ate a LOT (of nutritious foods) and only gained 17 lbs.

Hugs,
Sherry

Charbar
06-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Hi Guys! Thanks so much for the kind words! We still can't believe it!! Sara (dd - dear daughter) is pretty excited. She is 4 - 5 by the time the baby comes. Don't worry.. I won't be leaving. I've been around here long enough not losing any weight that it won't bother me to others losing and I'm not.. :lol: I see the pregnancy to really focus on eating healthy. I quit drinking all soda the day I found out... but I know I will have some once in a while.

btw, we took another test last night - (b/c we still didn't fully believe) and it came back positive too :)

Dana

Ivanna B. Skinny
06-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Charbar, Sorry this is so late, I havnt been on for a while, but....
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :bb:
My DH and I have been thinking about trying again soon. Our daughter just turned 1 though, so I'd like to wait a little while longer! You are so blessed!!

melsfolly
06-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Congratulations Dana!
Melissa

Jack-150
06-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Century Clubbers,
Hmmm not a bad name for You folks. Thought I'd swing by and say Hi to you fine folk. Hope you are hanging in there! I have a guy who comes by Men's corner named Howie (or Hammer) as I call him who hangs around here. Just wanted to say Hi and extend an invitation to visit me at Men's Corner. We have a thread where you can write your thoughts about your father or husband. Also at Exercise we have a spot for your kids to write about Daddy or Pap Pap for Fathers Day. Either way tomorrow Morning you can all sit around and read your stories and Dad will bust with pride. He might even take you out to breakfast! We supply the paper! Anyway Good Luck and keep eating clean, work out hard, and drink your water! Jack-150 (actually-175now)