Exercise! - help back on the wagon

View Full Version : help back on the wagon

bright_i_
06-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Excersising is great and all, but i could use a boost getting my now fatter *** back onto the wagon :dizzy: . I'm a college student and so going to the gym is suppossed to be this "fun" and "cool" thing i do b/c of my age, and status as a young person who knows all about the positives of working out and blah blah blah blah.... Truthfully i was all about that for about a month and a half then homework and exams started to pile up and i "didn't have the time" and next thing i know it's been about four months since i last steped into the gym, schools over so i have the time now, but the motivation to actually go is fleeting. i know i need to just get up and go once to get the ball rolling again, but i really need some help, as in i could use a little weight loss to help get me back in there feeling like working out will help. The question: are there any known pills, or supplements ;) or and general ideas on how to see even a little bit of loss? Any info's helpful.
Thanx for listening,
Joe :D

mompen
06-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Hi Joe,
I too have not been exercising like I should. And I always say I have no time.... I am 23 but I have 3 kids, hubby, bills, do bookwork for our company and now I will soon be going back to college part time........

Anyhow, I know how you feel about having no time. I am on South Beach and I know if you just limit your white carb intake, you will see a great loss. Are you drinking your water?

Hope you get your butt back to the gym.

MichelleRae
06-17-2004, 01:40 AM
Joe- Hey there and welcome to 3fc!! You know what I find that when I don't feel like working out, I MAKE myself do it! You just have to get your butt up and make yourself move, and it works for me. Just tell yourself, no more excuses I am the only one that can make me do this!! Get up! Get Moving!! Join the Fitness Revolution!!

Michelle

Tig
06-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Hey Joe! Just go one time. Today. Just go.

Jack-150
06-17-2004, 08:34 AM
Excersising is great and all, but i could use a boost getting my now fatter *** back onto the wagon :dizzy: . I'm a college student and so going to the gym is suppossed to be this "fun" and "cool" thing i do b/c of my age, and status as a young person who knows all about the positives of working out and blah blah blah blah.... Truthfully i was all about that for about a month and a half then homework and exams started to pile up and i "didn't have the time" and next thing i know it's been about four months since i last steped into the gym, schools over so i have the time now, but the motivation to actually go is fleeting. i know i need to just get up and go once to get the ball rolling again, but i really need some help, as in i could use a little weight loss to help get me back in there feeling like working out will help. The question: are there any known pills, or supplements ;) or and general ideas on how to see even a little bit of loss? Any info's helpful.
Thanx for listening,
Joe :DHey Joe, Are you working for the summer? Let's work on the premise that you're not. You're going to have a lot of free time if you're not working or some free time if you are. You have some time to get to the gym. When you go back to school in late August, unless you do a complete turnaround psychologically we'll write off exercise for the winter. That means you better get moving or you won't be doing anything until at least next summer. Ask yourself, can I afford that? Do I look as good as I want? Do I feel as good as I want? If you answer No! Then an intelligent person(I can assume you didn't get into school on your looks, so you are intelligent)would figure this one out on his own. Your metabolism right now is at it's very peak, calorie burning wise. You can shed pounds so much faster now than even five years from now, assuming you are in your late teens or early twenties. There are a lot of young people home from school right now. Many of them are in the gyms, male and female, and many of them were classmates of yours in High School. They haven't seen you since then and may be eager to see you and share new experiences. Besides, being physically fit or at least acting upon a desired fitness is somehow found to be attractive by the opposite sex. Not to mention being good for you. What I'm saying is get up shut the TV off put your gym clothes on- clean ones- and go to the gym today! Smile! You look thinner and more confident! Sorry no magic pills , no magic supplements.Joe,now you're really going to think I'm a jerk, don't ask people to motivate you! When you get to the world after school your boss will be looking for people who motivate themselves. That's one of the things you are supposed to be learning in school!

MichelleRae
06-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Amen to that Jack!!