Old 06-16-2004, 11:51 AM   #1  
Total Sass Bucket

Cool LC Milk--Good or Evil?

Ok, the LC milk they have in the grocery stores. It's got 3 carbs per cup as opposed to regular milk's 12 or something like that. Now, I read up on it and they apparently take out the natural sugars found in milk and replace them with splenda. This is totally a frankenfood but I've been using it since I first started Atkins. It tastes exactly like real milk and enables me to have a glass of milk, which I love. However, it was a few weeks back that I noticed someone scoffed at LC milk. So... what's the deal... is LC milk terrible? Have you heard something I haven't?
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #2  
Head Princess

I may have been the scoffer

I don't see anything wrong with it. I just hated the taste.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:47 PM   #3  

I use Keto Milk which is even better and has 0 carbs....the package says 1 but the nutrition info counts it as 0 Either way it is good and much lower than the 3 carb stuff. I really like the taste too....tastes like whole milk.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:47 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Its only evil if your dunking "real" cookies in it
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

I like the SF soy milk, the Soy Slender made by Westsoy, it makes me feel like I am drinking milk and it is only 1 carb for 8 ounces, mmmmmmm comes in chocolate too!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #6  
Look at me go ;)

I have used the carb Options brand. It has 3 carbs per cup and is sweetend with splenda. I use the 2% version. It is definitly sweeter than regular milk and I don't think it tastes that close to it either but I like it. I don't use it every day and only use it with LC cereal. I can't say I would drink it by itself but then again, I never liked regular milk either unless it was skim and I was in the mood for it. I did think it was weird that the LC milk has fiber in it where regular doesn't.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:24 PM   #7  

I use the soy milk as well ... The one I use is called So Nice and it's only 2.6 grams of carbs per cup...You want good milk?? have the real cream and dilute partly with water....
Jo-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote