South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 06:45 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Happy Hump Day Chit Chat

Morning chickies it is a beautiful and sunny day here I think it may be hot. Something we need to enjoy as we probably will have cooler weather the next day. The joys of spring. Things are finally calming down around here. # more days of school and I think I might be done with running around and doing things. Well chicks I am going to go and grab my tea and wait for the rest of the wee ones and I will be back in a bit.....
Old 06-16-2004, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday "Hump Day" Chat

Good Morning Chickies!

Well, I wanted to be at my goal weight of 130 lbs by now, and I'm not there yet. But I'm getting closer, and I'm happy with the way I look, and so I'll settle for that. Seems the closer I get, the harder it is for the weight to come off.

It's supposed to be hot and steamy here today. We've had some terrible storms the past 2 days with flooding and damaging winds, and yesterday our power was out for 9 hours. Wonder if that's a preview of what summer is going to be like?

Nothing much happening here today, just babysitting most of the day. I'll probably take the kids swimming, and we'll have a picnic for lunch. Then it will be naptime for them, and I can catch up on my reading. Supper tonight is going to be pizza from the SBD cookbook with a salad.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:37 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Cottage, we've had the same hot and steamy weather...I think our storms migrated north to you! Just brief power outages here, though, thank goodness.

I've got some eggs boiled up for the next three days. I don't get a proper lunch break and by the time I've gotten all the patients out of the waiting room (11:45 to 12:15 or thereabouts) I'm STARVED. It's amazing how fast the hungries disappear when I eat a couple of those boiled eggs.

For you gardeners...I need some help....I've discovered that one of my overgrown planting beds has been invaded by poison ivy. I'm deathly allergic to that stuff. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the PI without killing all the other things growing in there? I have honeysuckle growing in there for Bun-Bun to eat, so I have to get in there every day...what a dilemma....

Well, need to get hair dried and out the door.

Everyone have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 06-16-2004, 08:15 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Little Chick, Cottage and Mamacita. We have sort of hot and steamy weather these days too but it seems to rain only at night. We had a couple of short power outages over the past three days too!

Little Chick, only 3 more days of school? Our kids go until the 21st, I think. Then I'll be working with Liz on the summer library programme. I do like young kids - in small doses!

Cottage, your day sounds just lovely to me. Summer is so wonderful. I am glad you are feeling good about yourself. A goal is just a number and you will get to it one of these days.

Mama, I boiled some eggs this morning too! As to the damned poison ivy, I am an expert! Our cottage island was carpeted with it. My Dad tried everything and then decided the only solution was to pull it out and he did! He got most of it out and we kids were trained to spot any recovering shoots and go get Dad. Yes, he wore gloves and old clothing and dumped it way back in the forest. You can't burn it as the smoke is equally toxic.

Hershey and I are off to visit the nursing home this morning. She has a new vest to wear with Therapy Dog embroidered on the side. As soon as it goes on she knows it's a work day!

I have some lily bulbs to get into the ground before we go to Hershey's job so I'd better move my fluffy butt.

Catch you later.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:45 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ruthie you would not want to come for a visit during the week at my house you would be over taken by the wee monsters. But when you need a dose of love you can always get lots. There is nothing better than a hug and a "I love you" from those small chubby arms. Have a great day.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone,

Sounds like you all are having great weather...we are experiencing a lot of rain, with the odd sunny spot. Hoping that things get better in the next few days, though, since I will be home from work. Sitting on the deck in the sun is right up my alley.

I actually popped in to report that I have reached one of my min-goals. As of today I have moved from the obese category for my height and am now in the overweight category. One goal reached and looking forward to more.

Have a great day on the beach... Take care.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #7  

Hi all!
We dont have poison ivy here.......it sounds scary. You can keep it.

Hmm, well, sweet tooth, that is some achievement not to be obese any more. I cant stand that word. 'obese' it sounds like 'rancid' or 'disgusting' or something like that. They keep talking about the 'obesity crisis' (thin people that is). Makes me feel like a criminal.....anyway enough of that. Well done sweet tooth.

Cottage your day sounds lovely, and Little Chick you definitly deserve the rest.

As a fellow therapist I sympathise with Hershey. Maybe I should get a vest with 'therapy gardener' on?? I wonder if my clients would respond well?

anyway gotta go.
xx
Old 06-16-2004, 12:20 PM   #8  

Hi- weather is finally not raining here.

We're looking forward to visit to texas, even though my darling husband forgot to make reservations for the doggie at our usual kennel.

The guys were out working on the retaining wall. None of them speak english, but I ran out and gave them some agua before I left for work. The always seem so surprised when I give them refreshments.

Trying to figure out what are actually weeds in the garden, and what we should be keeping.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:23 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Congrats sweet tooth!!!!

I had a rough 2 days SB wise -- pizza and beer yesterday, and then a leftover frozen Lean Cuisine for dinner. Bad stuff. I am goin to try Phase 1 as much as I can, but am holding a party Friday and already bought some Phase 1 and 2 foods to make. I weigh in on Sat officially, so hopefully i can use today [I took the day off from work] and tomorrow to get in gear.

First up? Cleaning the apartment. I never did it yesterday. Only, there's a dead bug in the corner of my living room, and has been for days. I am deathly afraid of bugs [thanks to JoJo the cat for killing it] so I threw a paper towel over it and that was that. I am hoping my mini vaccuum will suck it up, although when I clean the dust chamber, that means I will have to see it.

Anyway, have a OP day ladies, I am off to start cleaning...
Old 06-16-2004, 12:53 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Beach Beauties!

CONGRATULATIONS, Sweet Tooth! What a MAJOR accomplishment! I won't be at that point for another hundred pounds or so...

Little Chick, it sounds like your favorite day will be a wonderful one! I hope that your life slows down a bit after the kiddos get out of school! I totally agree about kid hugs...they make everything better! :

Cottage, your day sounds perfect! And you have a great attitude, which is much more important than any numbers on a scale...things will totally work out. :

Ruth, it's so good that you take Hershey to the nursing home! My grandmother has a woman at her nursing home who brings in her dog. Many of the residents have a picture of the dog up on their wall. They just love him and so look forward to his visits! I am glad to know that you are doing the same for other people's grandparents!

Pebbles, what are your plans for Texas? Good of you to give the workers refreshments...that kind of consideration is refreshing!

Jenn, good luck with the bug. I hate bugs, too, but have learned to suck it up and catch and dispose of them. I try to drop them back outside when I can, but I wage war on flies. They can kill our rabbits (fly-strike) so they are my major enemies.

Not too much on the billet for today. I'm boss-less again today (his back hurts) and that makes for a much more calm office. I think I might have that taco salad again for lunch...it was so very good yesterday! I used a vegitarian meatless mix to make the "meat" and added it to shredded iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, green onions, kidney beans, and red-fat jalapeno cheddar cheese. I used a bit of SF Thousand Island dressing and a bit of SF ranch dressing. It was delish! A bit foggy on tonight's dinner. Had the pistachio rice yesterday with marinated chicken breasts and a salad. Very, very good! I really love the brown rice!

Went to the gym again today, but woke up too late to lift weights, sadly. Am hoping to do the yoga/pilates video tonight. Went by the liquor store to get wine before heading to an OA meeting yesterday. (thankfully it wasn't an AA meeting, right? ) Does anyone have any good recommendations for dry red wine? I might have to post this as a separate thread. I usually drink sweet white, so I'm totally confused as to a good dry red.

Have a great day on the beach, chicks!
Old 06-16-2004, 01:35 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone! I think I lost some weight already (only 3 days into this!), my stomach is shrinking!!! It's nice to be back on track! Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 06-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #12  

Ok regarding the bug Jenn - Totally there with 'ya. Hate them.

Last week I had the pest week from Heck. My dog killed a chip munk, and DH said I had to pick it up b/c we couldn't leave it there all day while we were at work.

THEN, it was like I was in a Steven king book. This huge - no joke size of a quarter mini-terrantula. I'm not exaggerating AT ALL. It was fat body and fat legs. Came sliding into my cube. Thank goodness someone else was there to kill it. I wouldn't even let him throw it away in my trash!

Beachgal - thanks for asking. Just visiting my aunt and her girlfriend. Relaxing, and Hmmmm, NOT WORKING!!! horray!
Old 06-16-2004, 02:56 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Pebbles, that is terrible! I noticed a squirrel in the road today (poor little guy!) and thought about how awful it must be to have to be the one carting away road kill. I just can't imagine. And spiders...I'm still working on my fear of them. My dad used to get woken up by the four screaming females in his house, asking him to come get "the bug". My sisters and mom and I were not willing to go near any insect...no matter what hour of the night we had to wake him, Dad was in charge of it!

Lou Lou Belle, congratulations on the loss! My stomach is actually smaller too...isn't that a miracle to see?
Old 06-16-2004, 03:50 PM   #14  

Laurie -
I have to ask this. Do you ever eat at the Dinosaur in Rochester? My DH and I want to sneak in (meaning not tell his family) and have dinner there. Obviuoslly totally not OP but I miss it so much!@
Old 06-16-2004, 03:56 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Hi, Pebbles! I have not eaten at the restaurant, but I've had their pulled pork and beans, both at the State Fair in Syracuse, and from their refrigerated meals at the grocery store. They are fabulous!!! I'm not a big ribs person (never had them...gnawing on bones really grosses me out), but I would love to eat there in person. If you head up that way, let me know...then we can both post in Pigs Anonymous together. We could swing by Ottawa after, have dim sum, and have a really entertaining post afterwards!
Closed Thread