South Beach Diet - When do you (officially) count your weight loss?

beachgal
06-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi, Beach Beauties!

So...when do you officially count your weight loss? Some people's current weight in their signature fluctuates daily, so I assume you count it daily, whereas others seem to wait a while before announcing a loss. I guess that's what I do...if I wait three days to ensure that my weight is really stable at this new number, then I feel more secure. Otherwise I get pretty depressed at the number going up the next day if I reported it.

Just wondering... :chin:

wendyjo
06-15-2004, 02:01 PM
My weight fluctuates alot each day, so I wait until I've seen the same thing on the scale 3 times before I actually consider myself to be at that weight.

kaetra
06-15-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm bad, I weigh myself every morning. I go by the lowest weight of the weekend as my "official" number. I fluctuate from day to day, but as long as I have any loss by Saturday or Sunday I'm a happy camper. The weekday weigh ins are just to satisfy my curiousity.

I also measure my waist daily in the exact same spot every time. That way, even if I don't have a weight loss I might have an inch loss.

wendyjo
06-15-2004, 02:16 PM
I weigh myself nearly every day too - I just can't help it :)

beachgal
06-15-2004, 02:19 PM
I weigh myself every morning, but stop myself from indulging in my "scale ho" proclivities throughout the day. So actually, I consider myself to be acting in moderation! :lol: Talk about a twisted view! :lol3: However, it really does help me stay on track and is rewarding, so? Why not! :goodvibes:

kaetra
06-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Ya! Me too! That's just how I feel!

sweet tooth
06-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Me, too! I weigh myself every morning.

I find that weighing myself encourages me to stay OP for the day. If I have stayed OP the previous day, even a small weight loss is encouragement to stay OP for the rest of the day. If I haven't been very good and show a weight gain from the previous day, I know that I need to take special care about what I am putting in my mouth that day.

Either way, I use it as a constant reminder of my goals and I celebrate the hard work that I have done and how far I have come.

Ruthxxx
06-15-2004, 03:33 PM
I weigh daily but only update my signature at the end of the month.

Kiko
06-15-2004, 03:56 PM
I also weigh daily, but change the weight in my signature on Mondays.

lyrac425
06-15-2004, 05:52 PM
I weigh once a week using the scale at my gym. I weigh early in the morning before aerobics class. I update my weight in my signature at that time.

beachgal
06-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Wow, Lyrac, didn't read your sig carefully before. Congrats on such awesome weight loss! :cheer: :cp: :high:

I think you guys need to start a 160s club...I've seen so many in the 160s lately. I wish! ;)

jenne1017
06-15-2004, 06:01 PM
LOL -- honestly? I gain every day, and flux a lot. So when I show a loss, or after a week, I post it. I weight in at 196.5 this morning, but am bloated and such. So on Saturday morning I will officially weigh in. If before then I show a loss, then I post it then. KInd of cheating....but not since I am honest if there is a gain.

fuzzy324
06-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Whatever the scale says each Wednesday morning after a bathroom stop is what I update in my signature. I don't think I'd do well weighing daily, as the bigger number changes are better motivation for me

It took me a while to be brave enough to actually post my hw/cw/gw, but you ladies set a great example on the courage front. :) I find that I HAVE to update the sig as soon as the scale moves, though, cuz I'm all about getting the credit I'm due. :D

pikapuffie
06-15-2004, 09:56 PM
I weigh daily, sometimes several times a day! LOL! but just out of curiousity. i don't freak when i see i'm 3 pounds up from the morning cause I know what i should be for that time of the day. (scary i know). as for updating the signature, i count official weight loss every sunday. but sometimes if i see i've had a significant loss during the week which i have maintained for more than 3 days (like yourself beach gal!) then i'll change it. just to make myself feel good. lol. :)

MichelleRae
06-15-2004, 11:43 PM
I weigh in every Sunday and change my number at that time :)

Michelle

beachgal
06-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Okay, modification to the question (or is it an addition?):

If you are in a challenge, and the challenge ends on a day different from your regular weigh in, what do you count?

For instance, say your weigh in day is Sunday, but the challenge ends on Wednesday. Your scale shows that you have lost some (or gained some) since Sunday. Do you count that or your Sunday weight?

I think I'm sounding a little OCD here... :dizzy: :lol:

Just wondering....

Barb0522
06-16-2004, 05:14 PM
The June Challenge is my first but I plan to weigh in on July 1st and use that weight for the July Challenge. Of course, I also got my starting Challenge weight by weighing on June 1st. If I had used my normal weigh in day as my starting weight then I probably would use that for the ending. :)

I'm a slow but steady loser and am half way to my 5 pound challenge. Not a lot but at least I am losing! :dance:

fuzzy324
06-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Ok, to demonstrate my own OCD here :), it really bothered me that May 31st was NOT a Wednesday, but I did weigh that morning and listed that as my results for the challenge. HOWEVER, I still had to weigh on Wednesday as a matter of principle; the number didn't change, but if it had, I'd have definitely changed the sig. :D

chick_on_the_beach
06-16-2004, 06:29 PM
I weigh every morning first thing and this is when my weight is at its lowest and this is what I count. During the day my weight fluctuates but this reflects what I have ate or drank. It will go up a lot if you have drunk lots of fluids but should go back down by morning. At TOM or if I have cheated or had something really salty (like Chinese food) my weight will increase slightly but go back to normal in a day or two. My scales at home are not accurate but I use them to track weight changes. The scales at the gym are accurate at what they record on my gym program but by the time I go I have eaten and had several drinks so they are not measuring my real (lowest) weight. As my weight fluctuates so much over the course of a day I realise that this weight may be 1-2 kg higher than my real weight.