South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 07:52 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday Beach Chat

Good morning, Chickies~~

Just popped on to say hello before heading out for my daily blood-sucking routine.

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach~~

Mamacita
Old 06-15-2004, 07:55 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday On The Beach - June 15

Good morning, Beauties!

We had rain in the night but today is a beautiful sparkly and sunny morning. It's muddy paw time again but who cares! I'd rather have my darling Girls than a clean floor. (Gail was here yesterday and might think otherwise!)

Yesterday was an absolutely horrible early morning start but I've put that behind me. Sarah was here for the day and we got lots done - including planting those poor roses that I bought back in early spring. I have only six plants left sitting in pots and they will probably be bunged into the Village wildflower garden today.

What's happening on your section of The Beach?
Old 06-15-2004, 08:16 AM   #3  

Hello all,
It is a warm june day here, and I am back on the beach, almonds for breakfast (eaten out of my pocket on the way to work, due to inability to time anything adequately) and eggs florentine for lunch (or is that benedict? egg with spinach and lf cheese anyhow). I put on some of the new season garlic which I harvested this week.....swoon. No-one will come near me now, but that should be good for getting on with stuff.

Hey Ruth, I'll have those plants!

I shall be going for a swim tonight - I am aiming for 15 mins a day for the first few weeks, building it up gradually.There is no way I can pretend that I am going to shift my weight without a bit of exercise. I did park a bit further away from work today to get some walking in (although all I actually accomplished was a walk past Clifton's Nurseries 'London's Best Garden Centre' and isnt it just......I managed to escape with just a packet of dill seed, a packet of french parsley seed, and a packet of wallflower seed for next year's wallflowers).

Now I am going to get some coffee and finish this bit of work which has been lurking for months, and email it to my tutor.

xx
Old 06-15-2004, 08:20 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wallflower seeds! I'm adding them to my list. I love them and will spread some seeds in the wildflower garden. Come over and help me, Clovey!

That'd be St Leonard of Cohen? He of the monotone?
Then lay your rose on the fire
The fire give up to the sun
The sun give over to splendour
In the arms of the High Holy One
For the Holy One dreams of a letter
Dreams of a letter's death
Oh bless the continuous stutter
Of the word being made into flesh
Old 06-15-2004, 09:09 AM   #5  

Good morning all!
Starting fresh today after a long period of being off program. Went to the grocery store and stocked up on OP foods. Hopefully, I will stick with it this time. Nice to be back!
Old 06-15-2004, 09:34 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good morning, Beach Gals!

You two have lost me, Ruth and Clovey...tell me more about this St. Leonard...is this an Anglican thing? And what do wallflowers look like? Are they like morning glories?

The garden center sounds marvelous, Clovey! Good for you on not buying the place out. I know I would have been tempted.

Ruth, your garden sounds so beautiful. I'm still waiting on more pictures...the pic of your vase of flowers just whetted my appetite! : What does "bunging in" entail?

We had a meeting yesterday here on campus of associates from other college and university career offices. Thankfully it went well, and I was done with my work in time to present. We had lunch at a great local restaurant. I was dismayed because the salad plate that I ordered came with canned fruit instead of the fresh it had two weeks ago when I ordered it. I was so hungry, and had already denied delicious focacia, so I just ate it. I'm sure that threw a wrench in the works. *sigh* However, I managed to abstain from dessert, even though everyone around me got chocolate cake and carrot cake and pecan pie. *drool* So that was good. The scale was a pound down this morning, so I guess the canned peaches didn't do as much damage as I thought!

Today I'm working on a manual to help our alumni board register for an online mentoring program. I'm giving a workshop this Thursday. It's hard trying to describe webpages so that elderly women will understand it!

Last night I made the taco bake, but I used a lot of chili powder and both DH and I needed a lot of sour cream and milk to get through it! It is SPICY!!! Going to try making a taco salad today at lunch with a veggie mix for taco meat. We'll see how that goes. I'm actually drawing a blank on dinner tonight...I think it's gazpacho chicken and pistachio rice, both Cooking Light recipes.

Went to the gym yesterday and went for a walk with the dog when I got home. It was such a warm and sultry afternoon/evening! So nice! Today I did a bunch of crunches and situps before getting dressed. My stomach is still kind of wary of me, but it felt good to finally get those in. As I was doing my hair in the mirror, I realized that, for the first time in years, I can see the apex of my thighs! My belly has receded enough to be just one (big) bump rather than a big, hanging fold of skin, and has revealed the tops of my thighs! It is miraculous!!! :

So though the scale isn't moving much (we'll see if this pound down holds...), I'm thrilled at the changes in my body! And I suspect that I might be getting addicted to exercise! Truly!

Last night I worked on a couple of quilt squares. I laid out the 13 I have and was really pleased at how they are turning out! This is a typing paper quilt with blues and yellows, my favorite colors. It was so nice to just do something for me. DH was a dear and did the dishes so I could have some "me" time. :

Hope everyone has a wonderful day on the beach and wears some sunscreen...it's looking like a hot one! <--why does this guy look shocked?

Last edited by beachgal; 06-15-2004 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:52 AM   #7  
cac

Hi,

I got back from supporting the 3 day charity ride yesterday. We had to off-load the trucks and completed that task by around 2:30. This allowed me to take a nap before going out to dinner.The event went real well. My job was taking down the directional signs and making sure the last riders were OK. It was an exahasting but excilerating experience. I am so tired!

I learned I have to plan real well to keep eating according to plan during these events. I kept to the plan every other day. I'll get on the scale in a couple of days once I am adjusted to eating to plan again. I don't know if I gained wait but am not sure how I would handle it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

cac
Old 06-15-2004, 09:54 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies-

It is so humid here today, bleck. I went totally off plan last night: a BLT on regular wheat [I did take out that middle layer of bread though!] AND fries! Not as many as I would have eaten previously, but still. Oh, and a light beer. We won the kickball game by forfeit but still played. Going to the gym today and gonna get back on track. Do you think I need to go back to Phase 1?
Old 06-15-2004, 10:07 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. Manging to squeeze in a minute to post as I have one who is having a hissy fit like there is no tomorrow it has been 15 minutes all over a toy. One who is sleeping and then we have the coloring table and the play room going as well. DH is home again today and is driving me crazy. He will be home for two weeks before he starts his summer job. ( I may have to take up drinking.) Love him right to death but he throws my grove off when he is home during the day. Well I must go I need to go check out the recipie section and make a eating plan before I go to the store tonight. Check back soon if I can.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:11 AM   #10  

good morning,
well i wasn't as bad as i thought i would be yesterday, i drank a ton of water and was mostly just sick to my stomach most of the day. this darn cold is just killin me. i am trying really hard to get back on track, i planned bfast and lunch today but dinner is still up in the air. i got on the scale this am and i am back to 237 i keep gaining and reloosing the same 3 lbs over and over, this really ticks me off. to top it all off i am supposed to work the baseball concession stand tonight for ds's team. so i will be locked in a room with pizza, nachos, pepperoni rolls, you get the picture. i hope it rains!!!!

jenn- good luck getting back on track, maybe a few days at phase 1 would help that is what i've been trying to do also.

clovey- great job so far today!!! keep up the good work.
hello to everyone else sorry i can't address everyone today got lots of work to do.
hope you all have a good day!!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:51 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ugh, just ate pizza for lunch to celebrate getting a Senate vote on Hate Crimes -- anyone wanna call their Senator and urge them to support it? It was also because I could not get out to get lunch and it was free.

Anyway, Phase 1, here I come!

And, also, going to the gym tonite!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:53 PM   #12  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

I'm home from girls camp for a few hours. I had to come home for a meeting at work, then my night class at the university tonight. I'll go back up later after class. Can I just tell you how much I love hot running water?????

Welcome back Clovey. I've missed you!

Ruth, I haven't received those plants in the mail yet....are they coming first class???????

Mama, aka vampiress....hope you have a good day at work.

To you other naughties cheating on the beach.......did it taste good????? I say no guilt! Enjoy it! You are all my heros, climbing back on the beached wagon is hard.

Well, off to a meeting. Oh, I did fix dutch oven cobbler at camp last night and have to do two more tonight. Will do chocolate cake mix with cherry pie filling and 7-up. Sounds too yummy for words. Uhm, I didn't have any last night. I had an apple.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #13  

Good luck getting back on track Jenn - and yes, by god, it's awful humid around here this week. Feels like August.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:09 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

RNMom, I envy your being at camp, but I totally know what you mean about hot running water! Don't tell anyone at camp that you had a shower...they'll be so envious! Still, camping is soooo fun! And major kudos to you for sticking to an apple!!! That is awesome!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:47 PM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning...for most, I guess it will be afternoon.

I thought that I would jump in today with my first posting to one of your chats. I have been on SBD for one month now...still doing Phase 1. I think I am afraid to progress to the next phase. I have had a couple of 'cheats,' though - a piece of cake last week, a serving of lasagna on the weekend (whole wheat noodles, though), and a small yorkshire pudding on Sunday. Other than that, I have stuck to it. So far, I have had a 15.8 lb. loss. So far so good.

I am hoping to lose another 5 or 6 pounds by the end of the weekend...I am having my wisdom teeth out on Thursday. Dr. says that "at your age" there will be more swelling and bruising than usual, and I will need 2 surgeries to complete the extraction. From that, I am anticipating not eating for a few days.

I have also promised myself that I will go back to the track once I am back to work. That's one thing that I hate, but I will do it. I want to be in that bikini by the time holidays roll around.

Everyone, have a great day. Talk later.
Closed Thread