Height: 5' 10"

Talking Tuesday Chat, June 15th

Good Morning

Tummy's hungry, brb.

COFFFFEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:49 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hi Leenie. How's the coffee? I could never drink the stuff myself.

Well, despite my resolve I stepped on the scale. I'm going to have to have DH hide the blasted thing But I'm ok with my weight. I've decided to take a little break from watching what I eat to lose weight so the adjustment up isn't a heartbreak. I won't make the July challenge but hey, I wasn't in this for that....I was in this to lose weight and feel better about myself. And I do
Hope you all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Morning Leenie!

I'm off to mail off an important form, then I'll go for a quick walk part way up the 'mountain' then crack down to work...I'm working at home today! I love cutting out commuting time.

I watched the leaders debate last night, although it was the French debate (tonight is the English debate)...so they had translators translating the comments by the leaders. It got kind of confusing because you could hear the leaders speaking French and arguing in the background and you could hear the translators speaking English and arguing in the foreground! At times it just sounded like white noise. I was so confused at times but I had to do it that way because my French isn't good enough to watch the completely French version.

Anyway, be back later....
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hey Brenda - you jumped in on me!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:20 AM   #5  

Good morning

Leenie:

Brenda: Do you mean you are just going to relax a little or are you going off plan? Inquiring minds want to know!

Lekker: What the heck is a French Leader? English please

Nothing much to report today.....status quo. Eating is fine, weight is going down. All is right with the world ..........
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:52 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Hey ladies!!

I have to work full-time this week from Tuesday to Friday for training, BLECH!! Did well yesterday on my first day back OP, ate a little to much last night (snacking at night...rough) but it was LC so still OP. Today is the crack down. I feel my resolve coming back little by little, this is usually the point where I give up so I am happy I am still hanging in there. If I can get off this crazy schedule and get to the gym and have my life slow down a little and get to see some results I will ramp back up I am sure. Cause i still have a ways to go on this adventure no slackin now! hahahahaha It is just hard when you feel like you have been slackin for so long....the mind is bad for dieting it makes lotsa excuses for you to be bad!! I will just get a labotamy and it will be fine.....

Lennie: I am not a coffee drinker but I sure do like that SF cappacino soy moo, yummy!

B- If you feel great and can maintain your weight then great. I think you just need to throw out that scale!! ahahahahahaha

Good Morning Lekker!! The debate sounds very high energy!

Jane great job with keeping the status quo, I need to keep that too!

Have a great day ladies!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #7  

Good Morning!

Lennie - Never could drink coffee.

Lekker - I'm impressed you would watch it. I'm not into that kind of stuff at all, so I'm a completed dummy when it come to it.

Brenda - Sometimes, we just need to take a break.

Jane -I'm glad all is right in your world.

TG- Nights and the weekendd I work are the hardest for me too. If I'm going to screw up, that's when I'll do it. Boredom I guess.

Well, I'm exhausted today! Didn't sleep very well last night. Had alot on my mind and when I did go to sleep, I had really bad nightmares! Danny even had to wake me up at one point cause I woke him up crying. Worse thing is, I don't even remember what I was dreaming about! All I know was I was really scared. I hate that. Gonna be a quick dinner and early night when I get home.

Weight is holding even. Sure wish my Pilates DVD would get here. I need the motivation something new will give me. Has anyone heard from Marie? I hope she's okay.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Awwwhhhh the feel of sunshine!! It is so nice to have sunshine instead of rain!! I had some extra time this am since I don't have to be at work until 8:30 so I went for a walk with one of the dogs (the one that needs the most training, bratty Toad our puppy) . This is the earliest I have ever logged en equator trek mile!! ahahhaahaha
Old 06-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning Morti!! Yeah where is Marie??
Old 06-15-2004, 10:32 AM   #10  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning All

Ok, I broke my promise to myself and stepped on the scale this morning. Imagine my surprise when I found that being OP for one whole day does not make me lose bunches of weight. Who would ever have guessed? (Duh) Anyway, I've got my homework done for the day and I plan on doing a bunch of nothing. Other than a bit of light housework and swimming and maybe doing some yardwork for moola.
The JC Penney up the road is moving to the mall... so they've got this HUGE moving sale going on right now. I went last night and bought my BF two nice shirts (he needs em), I got myself a relic watch that is oh so cool for 40% off, and then I bought my sister some earrings for her birthday... usually 50 bucks but I got em for 15. KaBANG! I love sales. There were a few more pieces of jewelry that I would like to get but are still too expensive so I figure I will wait until a bit later when they'll drop the prices on everything like there's no tomorrow.

Leenie: I looooove coffee. Love it. The strange this is that, during the school year, I drink it with cream and splenda. During the summers, it's always gotta be black. I've got no clue.

Brenda: You have such a healthy attitude. I think you've done soooo incredibly well. Your current weight is LOWER than my goal weight. Keep the good attitude!

Lekker: enjoy the day!

Jane:
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:40 AM   #11  

Shimma - Sales? I'm there! Nothing I love better than a bargin!

Jina - From yesterday. I'm gald you and hubby are making every effort to make it work. Please don't feel like his lack of judgement was your fault. During my marriage, my husband had others and when I found out he was always mad at me like I did something wrong in finding out! If you ever just need to talk, you're welcome to e-mail me. Been there and done that more times than I care to remember. Even the night I went into labor with my second child, I couldn't find him cause he was "out."
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:26 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: On Atkins, I've become addicted to coffee. Would never even go near the stuff before.

Brenda: You've done fabulously! You deserve a break. I'm sure it's a great feeling to finally be happy with where you're at.

Lekker: Impressive! I would have turned the thing off because I would have a headache with all of that going on.

Jane: Glad to hear all is right in your world.

TG: You're so right about losing weight being a mind game. I'm going to schedule my labotomy, too!

Morti: Thanks so much! I really, really appreciate it.

Shimma: Gotta love sales! That's the only way I buy things. I'm anxiously awaiting the big Dillard's 4th of July sale. Last year, I got all kinds of great stuff for 75% off (which is about the only way I can afford anything at Dillard's)!

Well, weigh-in was last night, and I lost a pound! Yippee! The weight is going down slowly -- about 28 more pounds to go. At least I'm at a point where I've lost more than I still have to lose -- that's a good feeling!

I think one area I need to work on is portion control. I usually eat reasonable portion sizes, but occassionally I get out of control (especially with snacks). If I could get the portions under control, I'd never have to worry about attempting Induction again (which turned out to be a disaster). So, I'm really going to try more measuring and eating reasonable portions -- I'm sure that will help.

Do any of you guys read "Shape"? I really wouldn't, except that I got a free subscription somehow. Anyway, I'm continually disappointed by their negative attitude/view on Atkins. It seems like every month there is something written about how it is unhealthy for the heart, can't be done in the long-term, the brain can't function because it needs at least 130 carbs/day, etc., etc., etc.! Yet, it's funny how a majority of their advertisers are touting low-carb/Atkins-approved items. Kind of a conflict of interest, I think.

Anyway, hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Leenie - I'm right there with you!

Brenda - I think taking some time for maintenance is great! Helps you learn how to do it, right?

Lekker - are you on Montreal? I have a friend with a horribly romantic story about being 19, traveling in Europe and falling for some guy from Montreal while she was there. She lost him on a midnight train to Paris. Like I said, terribly romantic. It's been 5 years, and she just heard from him, so she may be heading up your way!

TG - Get ready for the heat, girl! I'm hearing that it may break 100 before the week's out.

Morti - Ohhhhhhhhh I hate those nights! I hope things get better.

Shimma - I so love shopping!

Jina - You're such a strong person! I always said that if DH ever stepped out on me, I'd kick him to the curb, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. Strange.

I went and did some therapy shopping last night because I've been so fed up with the amount of unnecessary drama in my life lately (I didn't even bother telling you the latest - it's that stupid!). For me, theraputic shopping means not buying a single practical item. So, I bought a big old cubic zirconia ring to wear while my wedding set is being repaired. That was a mistake. Now I'm really liking the way a 2-3 karat princess cut rock looks on that finger. DH is in trouble I also spent too much money on a big floppy straw hat from the Gap. It was nice

Since I was shopping at the mall that DH patrols, I hung around until he got off work and we went to the movies. We saw The Stepford Wives and it was great! I really needed something that would make me laugh and it fit the bill.

So, there it is! Have a great day, everyone! Ah'll be bach!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:55 PM   #14  

I'm so excited! I just took a trip to my low carb store (they were out of the low carb tortilla's ) but they had the Baja Bob's Margarita Mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ole!

I suppose I will have to give that a try when I get home tonight

Star: Shopping can be wonderful therapy...glad you did it. And a big straw hat is ESSENTIAL!

Jina: I don't get that magazine but some girls at work get it and you know what drives me crazy about that magazine!!!!!! The woman in it are all so SKINNY! I mean it is supposed to talking about getting in shape and being healthy but these woman are WAY to skinny.

Morti: Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I know how that feels so I hope you do better tonight. Take a hot bath before you go to bed...that helps me.

Rhonda: Don't ya just love a good sale! Don't beat yourself up about weighing yourself again. We all do it....I know I do. Just accept the ups and downs or you will drive yourself crazy.

TG: Hope things get settled for you soon.....I too am having a hard time getting the exercise in lately. At least you took the dog for a walk....that counts as something
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: Oh so true! It's ridiculous that they'll have an article on toning your trouble spots, and they have a super-skinny, perfectly-in-shape model with absolutely no trouble spots demonstrating the exercises!! Oh, and the best are the "Find the Perfect Swimsuit for Your Figure" articles. Apparently, I can wear a bikini (Yeah, right!) as long as it draws attention to my upper body. That will distract people from looking at my fat thighs and hips. More like it will scare people, and they will run away so they won't have to look at my thighs and hips!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote