100 lb. Club - Stressed but staying good.

View Full Version : Stressed but staying good.

howie6267
06-15-2004, 02:33 AM
I've been so stressed out this past week but with the exception of my treat night I have stayed on plan. Although treat night is part of my plan. The last two days I have felt really good. I have eaten Vegetarian with the exception of a little shrimp yesterday. I did not set out to do it but that is what I have been in the mood for.

I had a big win over the old me tonight. There I was at work. All alone and stressed out. Well almost all alone. There was a doughnut on the table that kept me company all night. He was very talkative but I just kept telling him to shut up. When I left he was still on the table. I said goodnight with a smug smile on my face, I could see a frown on his.

glynne
06-15-2004, 04:23 AM
Way to go Howie ~ great job!!

Gayle

artist
06-15-2004, 04:28 AM
Hey Howie, just hang on in there, you are doing a great job! And you are making me laugh at the thought of your friend Mr Donut. Me, I would have trodden all over him, and thrown him in the bin....(whoops. sorry, I mean trash/garbage....). I guess you're just a much nicer person than I am!

Ivanna B. Skinny
06-15-2004, 09:51 AM
You Go Howie!!! You should be VERY proud of yourself for conquering(SP?) Mr.Donut!!! I know I am!! My DH brought home a chocolate cake from the bakery yesterday "as a suprise". I wanted to KILL him!! I did have a small piece, but I did not eat the WHOLE thing, like I wanted to!! :o

Sandi
06-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Way to go Howie!! How awesome that must have felt to cruise out of there knowing that you had won!!!!

barbygirl43
06-15-2004, 10:41 AM
that is super. I know how hard it can be to say no to them doughnuts. A coworker brought some in on Friday and it looked delicious but I too said no because I knew that if I ate one, then I would've had to have had 2. Super kudos to you for leaving him on the table.

slimmingsi
06-15-2004, 10:51 AM
dude awesome i hate the doughnut voice especially when you really want it and it turns into something from the little shop of horrors with huge eyes and sharp teeth. and seems to walk across the table at you. they are my downfall especially stale ones mmmmmmmm. i couldn't have resisted it no way. you are stronger willed than me

howie6267
06-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Thanks everyone. It helps knowing you all are here to report these victorys to.

Jillegal
06-15-2004, 11:41 AM
You're doing great Howie, and I'm really proud of you for dissing that donut and letting it know who's boss! You know that "stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts", right? Well, I think you just might have broken that cycle - kudos!

Amanda Panda
06-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Well done Howie!

It's these small triumphs that help us succeed on our journey.

Love Amanda x

Raelynn
06-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Way to go Howie! That is awesome :)

Jenaya
06-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Howie, good for you for not letting that greasy bugger get the best of you. Happy new you! You did good....

Jenaya

Tammy32
06-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Wow Howie!! You have some really good self-control!! You achieved an excellent victory between you and that doughnut!!

howie6267
06-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks all. It was still there the next day. Someone finally through it away.

Sandi
06-17-2004, 02:58 PM
I had a victory today!! Went to lunch with two friends at a restaurant where the Philly beef is to die for. But man, it is big and greasy and cheezy. Then the pizza of the day really sounded good (chicken with an alfredo ranch sauce). Mmmmmm. But I ordered the Chicken Ceasar - no dressing. And to top it off, one friend ordered the philly and the other the pizza!!! :devil: But I ate my lunch and didn't look back!!! :D

tolose85
06-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Sandy That IS AWESOME!!! You can do it !!!! You're on your way! I am very proud of you!!

barbygirl43
06-17-2004, 04:39 PM
WTG Sandi. That is awesome. I don't know that I would've had that kind of willpower given the 2 foods that sounded really, really good were sitting at the table with me.

artist
06-17-2004, 06:11 PM
great going, Sandi. You should feel great for making such good choices....

howie6267
06-17-2004, 08:35 PM
It sure does feel good to overcome in a situation like that. Way to go Sandi.

Sheila53
06-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Sandi, you are totally awesome!!

:bravo:

Maricky
06-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey guys,
I have a victory to report from today. I am the only overweight person in the physical therapy dept where I work. Several times a week someone brings in a cake or two, or a patient will bake goodies and bring those in to us. I knew I had to decide *ahead of time* what I would say when offered a fattening goody. Then it came to me and I smiled and said it today when offered a piece of choc cake, "No thanks, eating choc cake is not my priority right now." Everyone just smiled. Really, they are all supportive of me and great friends, they just don't to be rude by NOT offering me those things.

Thanks for letting me share. :)

howie6267
06-17-2004, 10:27 PM
That's great mArIcKy. Glad to see you here and posting.

Sandi
06-18-2004, 09:10 AM
Great job Maricky!! It's so hard..people don't want to exclude you, but they don't want to sabotage you either!!