South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 09:33 PM   #1  
Chi Omega Chick

Red face New chick on the beach

Hey everyone! I am completely new to this forum (which I love ) and to South Beach. I am 20 years old and work and go to college full time. No play time for this chick. I try to workout everyday but this past two days I have been so sluggish no energy at all. I am actually on day 2 of phase 1. I have already seen a weight lost, I know your not supposed to weigh everyday, but I just had to.

My biggest concern is I feel hungry all the time, I'll eat and two hours later I could eat a cow. So, I snack and then like clockwork I'm hungry two hours later. Is it normal to feel this way??

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Jams Welcome to the beach I didn't have the problem you are having with being hungry all the time, I just usually eat a huge dinner 6-8 oz of meat and 3 cups of veggies yummy!! I just never get time to eat during the day so I make dinner count! You are probably just breaking yourself of emotional eating, no worries, it shall pass soon!
Good luck to you!
Michelle
Old 06-14-2004, 10:09 PM   #3  

Welcome!! I am a newbie too. I am on day 8 of Phase 1. I had the same problem as you. I was hungry all the time and after working out, I felt pretty sick. I eat a lot of veggies and cheese. I love my almonds and pistachio nuts, but I think I need to cut down on them because they are hindering my weight loss. It does get better around Day 5 or 6. It seems like an eternity, but it does get better.

Hang in there!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:32 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

hihi, Welcome to out humble abode!

These chicks know everything, so any questions just ask. If you are hungry, grab some veggies, They are good for ya.. and if you eat enough of them, you will be full ;P

YAY
Old 06-14-2004, 11:35 PM   #5  

You need to eat really huge meals of meat and vegies to start with but you will be able to cut back the portions of meat soon enough. Sip on water if you are feeling hungry. Often you are just dehydrated. I was the same at the beginning but interestingly enough when I am really busy I just don't get hungry. Makes me think part of the hunger is actually boredom or snacking out of habit.

I find when I first start a diet I am totally obsessed with food but the thing about SB is that it should become a lifestyle so you are setting yourself up good food habits for life.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:25 AM   #6  

Welcome! It will get a lot easier after the first week. I snack on deviled eggs, raw vegetables, and meat/cheese rollups. Those rollups really seem to help if it has been too long since I had some protein. I haven't lost a lot of weight but my clothes are looser and I feel better. Keep an eye out though. You may find you need Metamucil especially in Phase 1. I still have to use it twice a day.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:48 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach. Good advice from all the chickies.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:52 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Jams!

Love your signature! On the first three days of Phase 1, you are detoxing from sugar, and those are the worst days. I craved food constantly then! Afterwards, it does get better. However, ensure you are getting enough water (I drink a half gallon a day or more), and are eating a lot of veggies! Try eating celery with SBD safe dressing (2 Tbsp) or cottage cheese with onions and/or garlic and herbs, cut up veggies (I love red bell pepper) with hummus (you can buy this premade), or any other combo that sounds good to you. And don't forget to try the meals that are described in the recipe forum. I found many of those to be satisfying and filling...like the Taco bake and the White Chili.

I wish you tons of luck. You only have one more day and I bet things will be much easier! Keep going and know that we are here, you on!
Old 06-15-2004, 10:00 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Jams, WELCOME!

College can be rough -- it wasn't so long ago I was in it. I can remeber the parties and BAD food. I would totally snack whenever you need to. But the girls are right, it does get better.

I didn't work out my first week because I was just that tired. But I did walk a bit more and Laurie is right, drink loads of water.

Speaking of which, I am off to get some now!

Old 06-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #10  
Chi Omega Chick

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it. The hunger eased up a bit today.
Closed Thread