Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile Week 1 - August Challenge

Welcome to week 1 of the August challenge!

In preparation I did a good grocery shop on the weekend for OP foods, washed all my exercise clothes and put my exercise tapes in a prominent place.

I made the lunches last night - Julienne salad, baby carrots with roasted red pepper dip, green grapes, low fat yogurt and a banana as my afternoon snack. Also packed some Crystal Light to leave at work so I can have a change from water all the time.

I did 30 minutes of yoga this morning and walked 25 minutes to work.

I weighed in at 164lbs this morning -blechhh! but onward and downward as of this morning
Old 06-14-2004, 11:58 AM   #2  

Mauvais, just out of idle curiosity, how tall are you? I'll bet you look much better than "blechhh!"

I guess I'm doing o.k., I did my rowing machine on Saturday and played golf on Sunday. I think I'll have to go to the gym today, as I can see a lovely storm coming in from the west. I love the rain. Oregon is heaven on earth.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

mauvaisroux - I would kill to weigh 164.... I'd be under my goal weight which it 170... I agree that you probably look "much better than 'blechh'"!
Old 06-14-2004, 04:12 PM   #4  

Well, yeah. I mean, I weigh 164 and I think I look better than "blechhh." At least, I hope I do. I've, um, (*blush*) put up my pictures on the member gallery. So you can judge for yourself.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:20 PM   #5  

I meant " blecch I have gained 3 lbs since last weigh in" not blecchh I look bad - thanks for the encouragement though- I certainly need it! Last week I was in "to heck with it mode" and ed out without a care in the world

I have plateaud for 4 freaking months and I am getting fed up. I am hoping to get motivated by this challenge. I took pictures at my bellydance show on Friday night - if there is a good one I may get up the nerve to post it.

I will check out you pick seek
Old 06-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #6  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Mauvais : I thought i was the only one who had plataued fo rmonths on in, just makes me grr. but all water under the bridge right? and yes belly dancing pics!!!!!!!!!
Seek, I will check your pic out, sure your looking good.

well the scale was at 184 this afternoon. on the plus side i sweat so much at work ( make sure to drink lots of water) i think the weight is just gonna drop off. on the downside, there is no way i can eat at work. ( it is like a furnace in there) even the idea of food makes me naseaus. so i am not able to get healthy lunches in. but i am eating healthy dinners at 5 pm, so i have a lot of time to digest before bed.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:52 PM   #7  

Hang in there, Heather. Sounds like that factory never heard of OSHA standards. No big surprise there. But it's temporary-- this too shall pass and all that.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:56 PM   #8  

Wow. All my sympathy to Heather on this new job.

For today, i actually got out walked about 3 miles total while running errands of one kind or another.

My local Whole Foods is having a sale of blackberries!!!!!! Yaaaaay! 2 half-pints fer the price of one. So there's dessert/sweet cravings taken care of for this week at least with a once a day half pint of blackberries smothered in vanilla yogurt. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:57 PM   #9  

Heather- I am finding it very frustrating. I am eating well and exercising and except for a couple of indescretions with ice cream

I talked to my WW leader about it and now I feel a bit better and more motivated - so back to it. I actuallly lost 1/2 lb so that was a bit of encouragement

Your job sounds awful - heatwise anyway

Seek - I forgot to answer your question in my last post - I am 5'8, medium body frame with wide shoulders and currently weigh 163.5lbs as of this evening. I would like to weigh 155lbs.

I used to weigh 135lbs about 10 years ago but realistically I know that I will never weigh that again - nor do I want to - I look back on pictures from that time frame and I look too skinny and very bony, especially around the neck area.

I think 155lbs would be a comfortable weight for me to maintain.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:28 PM   #10  

Mauvais: you'll make it. 155 does sound like a good weight. I think that's what I need to be, more or less, to breathe in the size 10s. I'm having to learn to run again in order to get the last few pounds off. I'm fit enough now that my body just shrugs off a lower level of exercise, and I don't want to spend all day in the gym. So I guess it's time to power up the intensity. But, damn, running hurts my back, hips, and knees. Maybe I should belly dance like you do to get some flexibility back...
Old 06-15-2004, 07:29 AM   #11  

Seek - if running hurts you so much I would find an exercise that doesn't. I love bothers my knees is floorwork but you don't do that until you get to the advanced classes.

Maybe you should try yoga or pilates to get some toning and flexibility.

Not looking forward to work today- I have too much to do Guess I better go get ready instead of hanging out here

Hope you all have a good day today
Old 06-15-2004, 03:16 PM   #12  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I was bored this morning here at work so I decided to post a gallery too. It is pictures of me (before I started and now) and of all my munchkins (nieces and nephews)... If any of you are bored too, you can take a look:
My Member Gallery
Old 06-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #13  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

well girls, i sweated off 4 pounds so far since starting. got home today and all i could eat was soup. it was 95 outside and from what i hear about 30-40 degrees hotter inside. i have taken to going outside on break and hosing myself off. lol but other than the heat is not a bad job everybody is really friendly.
Mauvais 155 sounds good. i used to be around 120. ( not sure because back then i didn't care about weight) but now i would be happy with 140.
Jenn thanks for posting heading to take a look.
all right for motivation.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:40 PM   #14  

Have just loked at all the photos. WOW! You all are gorgeous! Seek, you've just done a great job! And Jenn and her family complete with munchkins! aawwwwww!

(i don't have any photos. sniff.)
Old 06-15-2004, 09:33 PM   #15  

I did awesome today (if I do say so myself )

DH and I went for a walk before dinner- this little walk turned into a 90 minute walk! Then we came home and he bbq'ed some steak with mushrooms and I made potates and some steamed aparagus Finished off with a fat free fruit bar popsicle - nice reward for a good long walk

Then we watched a bit of the Canadian political debate between 4 of the 5 parties (where the heck was the Green Party...ellis? ). Washed the dishes then went out and trimmed and watered my plants. It definitely kept me busy and I managed not to snack!
Closed Thread