100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh In June 14-20

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh In June 14-20

Ivanna B. Skinny
06-14-2004, 08:09 AM
Good Morning! :coffee:
I was so excited when I weighed this AM that I had to start the new thread! :D I'm finally down another 2 pounds! Ive been struggling to get those off for a while now! 2 more pounds to 30!!!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS WEEK!!! :cheer:

tolose85
06-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Good Morning Amy Jo.. Congratulations. That is WONDERFUL News! I am so proud of you. You are doing awesome.

I am down 4 lbs! This was a big week for me. I don't think I did anything that much different than ususal except I made a cake with a diet soda and ate a few pieces of that. That recipe is awesome!

I am finally over the 50 lb loss mark.. 53 Total. I am so happy! Congratulations again to you Amy Jo.

Good Luck to everyone this week!

Scuttle
06-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I'm down 2.5, though I ate a bunch yesterday.

Ivanna B. Skinny
06-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Gretchen...Im not nearly as successful as you are!!! CONGRATULATIONS to you for your 53 pounds! You are sooo amazing, and sooo comitted!!! We aer all very proud of you!!!

Tammy32
06-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Amy Jo, Seems like it has been a long time since I have seen you post a loss like that!! How exciting!! You are so close to the 30 pound loss!!

Gretchen, Bet it felt good to see a 4 pound loss as opposed to your normal 3 pound loss!! You had a fabulous week. Gretchen, you only have 32 more pounds to go!! That is only like 10 weeks or so if you continue to lose at a rate of 3 pounds!! You are getting really, really close to your goal weight.

Jennifer, Even if you did eat a bunch yesterday, 2.5 pounds is excellent. Great job for the week!!

barbygirl43
06-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Woohoo look at all the losers. I'm down another pound. I'm officially at the weight I was the last time I weighed when I lost weight 3 years ago. One more pound and I'm in VFT. :)

chequitagirl
06-14-2004, 12:41 PM
CONGRATS to all you loosers. you are all doing wonderful. i am down another 1 lb. from last week.

Jenaya
06-14-2004, 01:16 PM
I am down 1 lb. this week. Congratulations to all who have been doing so very well. Audrey - you go girl! I haven't checked in with you lately and wondered how you were doing. Fantastic...Gretchen, you have been an inspiration to watch, I do remember when you first signed on. I admire your spirit. I don't know what I have been doing but it hasn't been much so time to get at it.

Jenaya
297/277/170

howie6267
06-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Wow you all are doing so great. Gretchen before long you will be one of those people we can't stand. The ones that complane they have to lose 15 or 20 lbs. We will still talk to you though. LOL You are doing great and so is everyone else. Keep up the good work.

tolose85
06-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Gee, Thanks Howie... :) I have a feeling these last 32 are going to be the death of me! It's still the same journey no matter how far along you are!

Thanks Jenaya, I appreciate your kindness. Its hard work but I'm lovin every minute of it!

Thanks Tammy and Amy Jo for your kind works also.. I can hardly wait to reach my goal! You all aren't doing to shabby yourselves!! Congrats.

Safora
06-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Woooo Hooooo! Im down to 341 ! One more pound and Ive reached my July 4th goal :) So thats 5 lbs lost for me!

artist
06-15-2004, 05:17 AM
wow.....you people are really losing those pounds......congratulations!

Amy Jo - well done for unsticking yourself, and losing those 2lbs....its great to see you back on track!

Gretchen - you are such a source of inspiration! 50lbs+ down.....that's fantastic. Can't wait until you make goal!

Dawnyal, Audrey, Jenaya - congrats on the one lb. That's my 'normal' rate of loss....hows about we start a lb a week club, girls?

Victoria, 5 lbs!!!!!!!!!! You must feel great. And you're gonna make your 4th July goal early too.....so what's your prize gonna be????

Raelynn
06-15-2004, 09:13 AM
I am down 3 lbs this week to 245. I discovered a discrepancy between the weights my scale will give me - If I step on it, I get one weight, then I step on it again (and again and again) and I will consistently get a weight that is 3 lbs less than the first weight. Well I discovered the first weight is actually the correct one, which means I probably lost more than 3 lbs this week. At least I know for sure lol. It sure feels good to post on this thread again.

Congratulations to all the other losers!!!

tolose85
06-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Congratulations to you all! Victoria... 5 lbs this week! You Go Girl! And to all the rest of you dropping the pounds.. Keep up the excellent work~

Sandi
06-15-2004, 11:36 AM
I am pleased to report a loss of 6.6 lbs!! :D :D

Great job everyone!! You are a great bunch of losers!! You are my inspiration for getting back on track!! Keep it up!!!

lessofsarahtolove
06-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Yay everyone -- everyone's doing so great! Bigtime :grouphug: to everybody --what a buncha looooooozahs!!! :smoking:

I, alas, am not feeling so terrific about my loss of this past week. I only lost a pound! I know, I know, a pound is a pound is a pound....but it's not nearly as fun as losing you know? :lol: Especially when you're actually ramping UP your efforts and are being soooo good! Ah well. I'm sure it's TOM (she's here) and also I've been hitting the weights really hard, so I'm sure I'm building muscle, which is ONLY a good thing......so I'm not off course or totally :rollpin:, just mildly :rollpin: and still on course. I'm working out intensely every single day, and I'm eating 110% on plan and drinking my water, so I'm sure it'll happen for me soon. (Ok, so now I'm just having a conversation with myself here! Pardon me! :o )

To be honest, I think I've put my metabolism in the toilet by keeping my calories too low. So I've decided to up them somewhat, and see how that works. I could come up with all kinds of excuses for why eating more at work (while remaining on plan) will be a challenge -- but I'm not going to do that. :tape: Instead, I'm going to just do it. 'Nuff said. (Hey, maybe somebody could remind me next week that I said that this week, in case I come back and report another one pound loss! ;) )

Take care everybody, and keep up the EXCELLENT WORK!! :bravo:

tolose85
06-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Way to go Sandi!! That is Awesome. Congratulations!!

Sarah, you are still doing wonderfully! TOM always changes everything! Lifting weights will do it to you too!! You keep up the great work because its all gonna pay off!! I have upped my calories over the past 2 weeks and I am losing more.. Try it. See how it goes. I am SO proud of you!!! :)

Jenaya
06-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Sandi, great job!! Wow! There is no stopping you now, sometimes it just takes that first big drop in weight to give you the boost you need...Way to go.

Sarah, TOM does it to me each month but usually it is a gain followed by a big loss. So, if you managed to go down a pound amongst the muscle building that is fantastic!

Yes, the pound a week club does sound like something that I could join but heh, slow and consistent stays off (so does fast and consistent but I am just trying to make myself feel better).

Have a good week everyone

Jenaya

Tammy32
06-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Dawnyal, Well done for the week!! About that VFT, I am almost there too!! Feels great, eh?

Audrey, your pound loss was fantastic also!! You are doing such a good job!!

Jenaya, Another pound gone for you also!! keep it up!!

Victoria, you go girl!! 5 pounds, that is an excellent loss. I'm sure you are so proud of yourself and then some.

Raelynn, woohoo 3 pounds!! I'm so glad to see you posting on this thread again!!

Sandi, Holy Smokes!! 6.6 pounds was a most excellent amout of weight loss for the week. I'm so proud of you for all the hard work and effort you are putting forth to lose that weight!!

Sarah, I almost missed you there on the second page. I know, when you look at how long it would take to lose weight at one pound a week it is not very encouraging. Still, one pound was so much better than a gain for sure. Maybe next week since you are trying something different this week you will see a bigger loss than just a pound. Reguardless, I am proud of you!! I think you are doing a super job!!

I'm so happy to see all the losses so far this week. And, WOW there sure are alot of them already and we are only on Tuesday. You all have rocked this past week!!

Howie, how is your ordeal at work going? Is it just going to blow over?? You seem to be in pretty good spirits. I have just been worried about you and was wondering how things were going.

Sandi
06-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Ahhh, the trials of only losing 1 lb. I think we need to revisit an old post of mine. Click here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16319) to learn about 1 lb.

howie6267
06-15-2004, 02:10 PM
That is so true Sandi. I always try to think of it as a pound a week is 52 lbs in a year. And that is pretty awsome. Great job losing everbody. 6.6 Sandi you rock.

Sarah you rock also. Your on your way down and that is all that matters. The scale is just a guide in your journey. Don't let the guide ruin your entire trip.

Tammy32
06-15-2004, 03:34 PM
I weighed today. I am down 2 more pounds.

tolose85
06-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Congrats Tammy ONEderland is Closing in!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda Panda
06-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Oh my gosh - you guys have had some great losses this week!

Am I the only one who hasn't lost anything? :(

I stayed the same this week - probably due to PMS as I'm full of water retention - I feel about twice my size at the moment!

I've been exercising loads and have been doing really well with my eating - but the pounds are still hanging on in there! I'll keep on chipping away and will have to shift eventually.

Love Amanda x

Tammy32
06-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Amanda, Sorry about your water retention. That sucks. I bet next week when things are back to normal you will see a great loss. Your attitude is wonderful. You are staying very positive.

lessofsarahtolove
06-15-2004, 10:02 PM
I just want to say thank you - you guys are so great!!! And Sandi, that post is wonderful - thank you for sharing it, you sweetie. Congrat's also on your 6.6 pounds ----you go on with your bad self!

And Howie, that was pretty profound, what you said -- I loved it! (And thank you for your kindness also.)

I love this group, I really do. And I am soooooo proud of all you guys, too!

Safora
06-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Victoria, 5 lbs!!!!!!!!!! You must feel great. And you're gonna make your 4th July goal early too.....so what's your prize gonna be????

Im getting another dog! I want a dog I can go on walks with. My pug monster doesnt do walks. Ive wanted a second dog for some time now so this will make a great reward!

artist
06-16-2004, 05:19 AM
OK, Victoria, now I am unofficially awarding you the prize for "most original/unusual prize"......a dog.....what kind of a dog?????

So have to ask - anyone else want to compete in the "most original/unusual prize" competition??????

Charbar
06-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Victoria.. I have a 1 year old 80 lb black lab... I highly recommend him... he is a work out!!

gonzostar
06-16-2004, 11:49 AM
i've lost 3 since i last posted two weeks ago. :)

Safora
06-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Well I went to the shelter today and picked him out. His name is Jake. He is a boxer/shepard mix. He is full of energy. He is a little older as he has a greying face but he certianly doesnt act it. I saw him and just fell in love with him.

Here is a picture of him. He is in kennel 1. I have to wait until tomorrow to pick him up because their vet only comes in the evening and he needs his rabies shot. I am so excited!!!

(Insert 3 W's here) .co.saratoga.ny.us/animalpics/mainframeset-3.html
Then go to available dogs.

Sorry I had to break it up because it wont let me post links yet.

howie6267
06-16-2004, 02:31 PM
He is a great looking dog. We have two dogs and three cats. Animals are great friends.

lessofsarahtolove
06-16-2004, 02:40 PM
What a prince of a dog!! That's a great reward! I've got 8 animals -- all rescues -- so I can completely appreciate the pull of the shelter! (We've cut our adoption tubes now, as we've more than reached our limit!)

Those two guys are going to be adorable together, too! (I'm the one who's gaga for your pug, by the way! :love: )

barbygirl43
06-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Her is georgious. Looks like he could sure give you a workout walking him too.

tolose85
06-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Victoria-- He is a sweetie! Congrats! I have a shih-tzu (Philly) and and american bulldog Thome (TOE-Me) .. Your Jake reminds me of my american bulldog.. (Mine are both males-- good thing or we may have ended up with Bull- shitz! ha ha.. I LOVE your pug. We wanted one but ended up with Thome our Bulldog instead. Hes my biggie boy.. 14 weeks old and almost 40 lbs!!. You must send more pics. Congrats again

Tammy32
06-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Holly, well done on your 3 pound loss over the past couple of weeks. I can't wait til I am at your weight. It seems amazing to be where I'm at already, but surely it is going to be heaven like to be in the 170's. You are doing wonderful Holly!!

Oh my goodness Victoria!! He is so darn cute!! What a great companion he is going to make. Congratulations to the new addition to your household.

howie6267
06-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Well not a good week here. But I am still up about my change. I did well all week except for Saturday and we went way off the path. We both gained a pound this week. I guess that shows me I'm getting older and really have to watch even my treat night. I used to be able to pig out as much as I wanted on treat night and still lose. Not that it is a good idea to do that but it worked. Well I guess not anymore. Anyway I'm not letting this get me down and I will come back next week with a strong loss.

Maricky
06-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Hi Everybody,
I've been reading your posts. I think it's all great! A dog, Victoria? That's just awesome!! What a great reward! :bravo:

I'd like to join in. I weighed yesterday and I've lost another 2#. That's 6# since 07/01/2004. :cb:

lessofsarahtolove
06-17-2004, 11:57 PM
I'd like to join in. I weighed yesterday and I've lost another 2#. That's 6# since 07/01/2004. :cb:

Welcome, Maricky!! And congrat's on your loss! If you're looking for support, you've come to the right place -- this is a great group of caring, warm people, and I advise you to come back often to get both positive feedback and motivational help when you need it. Nice to have you here. :)

tolose85
06-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Welcome! You are off to a great start! We've got tons of support and Motivation here! Welcome Welcome and post a lot!

Sandi
06-18-2004, 09:57 AM
What a cute dog!!! We have 2 cats. I'd LOVE a dog, but we don't think the cats would take very kindly to it. We plan to move in a couple of years, so maybe then. There is the small problem of DH being allergic, but there are ways around that!! :D

tolose85
06-18-2004, 10:02 AM
Sandi--You could always get rid of him... (The DH) HA ha just kidding.. I couldn't resist that one! I have a cat too.. Actually, she just does her own thing. The dogs are only allowed in 1/2 of the house so she roams freely.. She can get to places they can't. Generally, they all play nicely together although, she does like my shih-tzu much more than my big ole lummix american bulldog! Cats and dogs get used to each other. My cat is front de-clawed so that definitely helps the situation!

lessofsarahtolove
06-18-2004, 10:46 AM
My dog (an Italian Greyhound) actually thinks he's a cat, but the cats know better. He just wants to spoon them and lick their backs, and they sometimes let him, but when they're not interested or are cranky they just let him know. They scare the bejeezus out of him sometimes! At this point, all it takes is a look! There is one cat, though, Piccina, who loves him incredibly. She's his girlfriend. She always wants to cuddle with him, and when he gets put in his crate, she goes in there with him. Cats and dogs just find their way, like people.

Daners
06-18-2004, 11:29 AM
I need to get back to posting on this thread. I'm up .8 this week, and I'm okay with that. I was on the road for work/vacation/class reunion/work from May 25-June 11. I'm just glad I didn't have to see the 230's again.

Since discovering that I can shop in several regular shops, I haven't been doing so well losing more. I've lost about 75 pounds and I still have 80-95 pounds to go to my goal. I think I'm finally over getting used to being a bit smaller and ready to dive in and start knocking the pounds off again.

Tammy32
06-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Howie, My metabolism is like that also. When I did this 6 years ago I could have a cheat day. I can't do that anymore. I have found that I can cheat on one meal once a week and that is it.

Maricky, First, I'd like to say Welcome. Way to go on your 2 pound loss for the week! What an exceptional job you are doing!

The other Dana..hehe, Wow you have accomplished so much so far!! That is incredible! It's wonderful that you are jumping back in and ready to lose the rest of your weight.

howie6267
06-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Well scratch what I said above. I think I just was having a bad water day. I was kind of depressed today about the whole thing so I decided to way myself again. I am down 4 lbs from yesterday and 3 lbs for the week. Wooo Hooo. I am still going to start being more careful on treat night.

lessofsarahtolove
06-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Howie, I just want to say that I think you're such a sweetheart, and you're doing such a great job!!! I'm so glad you're here -- you add so, SO much to this group, and I am very motivated by your great attitude and hard work. And I'm so glad you have such love in your life, too! You deserve all good things, and I have no doubt that you're going to reach your goals......you just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get there. :goodvibes

lessofsarahtolove
06-19-2004, 01:04 AM
You know what I just realized? Tammy is teetering on the verge of Onderland! You're very, very close, Tammy..........very close indeed. You sweetheart, I can just imagine how you must feel when you step on the scale! I'm so proud of you Tammy -- you're kicking some major :censored: girlfriend! Wooo Hoooo! I can't wait to congratulate you when you achieve that milestone, but you know that you're already succeeding beautifully, my friend. You're not only doing an awesome job, you're an incredible source of support to all of us here, and I really appreciate all that you give.

Maricky
06-19-2004, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Howie mentioned his treat days. I'm having tough time with that myself. Actually, I am supposed to have 2 days per week when I increase my cals quite a bit to keep my metabolism up. I tried to have a cheat day last Sunday. I ate loads of food, but still did not go over 1700 cals. All I have in the house is low fat/cal! I'm having a difficult time with the concept of eating something high in fat or cals just so I can make my higher cal goal. That's weird, huh? I think I'll end up posting over at beachbody and asking their dietary advisors about it.

It's a weird catch 22, isn't it? Your metabolism is slower, so you eat more to increase it, or not?? I'm betting on exercise to improve my metabolism. I'm not sure what else I can do right now.

artist
06-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Oh my.....I'm down 4.5 pounds this week, which is I think the most I've ever lost in a week......its a total mystery to me as to why, but who am I to argue?????????????

And the even better news is that this puts me right there in Onderland.....what a happy day!

howie6267
06-19-2004, 12:19 PM
That is so cool Claire. You must be on cloud nine today. Wow what a nice feeling that must be.

artist
06-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks, Howie.....yup, you're right, cloud nine is where I am at.....especially since I'm heading out on a seriously self-indulgent treat tomorrow......going to a health spa for a few days (its a girl thing!)....lots of massage, walking, swimming and great healthy food cooked by someone else! Can't wait....

tolose85
06-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Claire... I am so proud of you! That is totally awesome.. I bet you LOOK and FEEL just so wonderful!! That is such an accomplishment!! That's a WHOPING 36 pounds!! YOU ROCK!! Keep up the great work!! I am so so happy for you!!!

artist
06-19-2004, 06:29 PM
hey, thanks Gretchen.....you're right, I feel fantastic, and judging by all the compliments I'm getting, I don't look too bad either!

Maricky
06-19-2004, 07:25 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Gretchen!!!! :dance: :cheer: You go, Girl!

Tammy32
06-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Howie, Great to hear that you had a loss as opposed to a gain!! I've noticed that since I am older now I have water issues sometimes also.

Claire, I'm so proud of you!! I hope you are having a great time with your spa retreat today. You totally earned it!!

As for me, yep, I am close to Onderland now. I go on vacation to my mother-in-laws July 13th for a month and a half. It is going to be a huge test of my strenghth and self-control to not fall off the wagon. I know I can stay strong. I will not fail!! On the brighter side. My husband will be coming there for two weeks of leave from Japan on July 17th. I am super excited about that!!