South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  

Default Can I come back on the wagon???

Well, Hello ladies. It has been months, and I have not been able to face posting because I could not find it in myself to be OP and did not want to face it. What a mountain this weight loss thing is. If I crack this in this lifetime I will truely be a Wise Woman.

So I have gained about 7lbs since I last posted, but that is still a net down of 7 since xmas so not too bad.

And I miss all of you.

So can I return to the fold? We could kill a fatted calf? That would be OP. If we had it with salad.

Old 06-14-2004, 07:14 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Awww...Clovey....missed you, gal! I, too, was MIA for a while, and just returned this past week.

Yes, weight loss does seem to be a mountain just too high to climb sometimes, doesn't it?

I find myself wishing there were some sort of "Beach Boot Camp" I could get sent to, and have a drill sergeant harassing me to exercise and the mess hall serving nothing but OP foods! Wouldn't that be grand? At least for a few weeks til we got the hang of this thing and all our bad food cravings had disappeared.

Mamacita
Old 06-14-2004, 08:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, I hear ya, girls!

Clovey, we're so glad to have you back. Even if you ARE fatter than when you left. We've missed you, too.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:21 AM   #4  

hey there clovey!!! welcome back. i was mia also for a while, i am still not exactly back op but i try everday, so that counts for something. nice to see you back!!!
Old 06-14-2004, 09:04 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Clovey Welcome back. I was also MIA for awhile and am in Phase 1, week 2. We saved your spot under the purple umbrella on the beach!!!
Old 06-14-2004, 09:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Clovey! What a pleasure it was to log on this morning and see your post, I've missed you! Seems a lot of us have been MIA lately, but we're all back and that's the important thing.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #7  

Awww, you girls......

Well, onwards and upwards. Or downwards. I want to shift fifteen pounds before the end of August. That should be doable. So I am back on phase one as well. Plus fibergel.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:05 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

welcome back!!!!
Old 06-14-2004, 10:32 AM   #9  

Welcome back! I too have fallen off the wagon, but I am trying to get back on this week! Looking forward to your posts!
Old 06-14-2004, 05:20 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

Welcome Back!

I am new here since you "disappeared" Stay a while! You know you love it =D
Old 06-14-2004, 08:42 PM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey clovey I too have been MIA but only for a week. I have been totally stressed and totally stress eating. Then my DH said the magic words this afternoon that made me relise that I need to get my @$$ back on track. He said...(these are really fighting words but he did speak the truth) " you look like you have gained 15 pounds in those jeans." Mind you I would not be able to put them on if it was 15 but I have been avoiding those darn scales. So here I am hoping that you will welcome me back with open arms and hug me cause I really need it. Then spin me around and give me a kick in the @$$. Love ya chicks.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:15 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back, Clovey!

Love the crack about the fatted calf! Yup, with a nice salad and SBD dressing and maybe some tomatoes with pesto. Should go very nicely. I joined since you left. Hope you find this site as addicting as I have found it and we see many more posts from you! :

I know what you mean about the weight loss mountain. I wish those who mock us fat chicks would understand that it isn't simply about just "closing our mouths"...the pounds we have are not just born of eating too much. It's eating to stuff our pain, our frustration, our worry, our fear, our stress. Food really is our drug of choice, and we do have an addiction to it...at least I know I do. Oprah had a good point...we are carrying around dozens of pounds of emotional pain.

I recently joined Overeaters Anonymous. I know that I am addicted to food, that I eat and eat without stopping, and that though it seems to be working this time, I have found that willpower is rarely enough! I attended my first meeting last week and really was impressed with the information...it made me think. If you are interested, check out www.oa.org for more info.

Anyways, welcome back, Clovey! Look forward to reading your posts! :
Old 06-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #13  
cac

Welcome back and good luck!

cac
Old 06-15-2004, 11:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back!! I saved you seat
Michelle
Closed Thread