Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-14-2004, 01:09 AM   #1  

Default (IBS) Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Hello all, also posted this in the support forum ... are there any support groups for people with IBS? If so, where do I sign, if not, are there any more of us IBS sufferers out there??
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm curious what the signs/symptoms of IBS are? I am pretty sure I have it, I always have a bad stomach ache after eating anything that has any significant amount of fat in it. I then have to rush to the bathroom, where I spend the next 3 or 4 hours off and on the toilet, and then end up drinking pepto bismol by the bottle. Just curious

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:12 PM   #3  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Link to WebMD

Hello *APPLE*
I have had IBS since my early 20's after my car accident...
Here is a website that may answer most of your questions.
It is very painful and can be a huge diability if it is not kept under control (not easy to do in this fast paced world of ours).

I wish you well and happy searching...

Hi MICHELLE
I don't know if you have IBS - that would take some reading and some testing of certain foods. But maybe this link will help answer some of your questions. I do know that I can not eat fried foods! Makes me very ill.

LINK: http://my.webmd.com/medical_informat...bs/default.htm

SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Sunny!!!!

Thanks so much for that info!! I'm fairly sure I have it but I'm not a doctor either. I think that my bowel troubles started about 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child. I'll go back to my gastro, I know I don't have ulcers so that can't be it, I had to have a endoscopy done in January I htink it was because I was still having "gall bladder attacks" after having my gall bladder removed, they didn't find any more stones floating around or stuck in there but did say that my ducts were very very sensitive to any pressure on them. I also told him about chrons disease being very prevalent in my family, (my uncle died from complications from chrons, and my aunt is suffering from it now) He didn't seem to concerned with it though. Oh I dunno maybe I'm just a person who likes to use the restroom lol. Thanks again for the info girly!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:59 PM   #5  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hey there *MICHELLE*
You are so welcome!
I hope the site helped you out... it's a great site to refer to.

Just remember... that even though you don't have a degree in medicine, you know yourself better then anyone could. So take the advice from your Dr., but never be afraid to question

I also have Diverticulitus (sp?) and a fissure that I am nursing (ouch!!). That's why it is taking me so long to get back into the full swing of things again with my exerrcise But everyday I am feeling so much better.

See you around
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:22 PM   #6  

hey guys-thanks for posting more about this-I've been wondering if I might have it as well-have been having digestive problems for years-and now my potassium levels are way below normal. The docs are concerned so I'm thinking about going to a gastrointerologist to see if my intestines are all working properly. regardless michellerae-you should get it checked out-much better to be safe than sorry!
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:35 PM   #7  
Hang In There

I was dx'ed with IBS about 10 years ago, but haven't been bothered with it until about a year ago. I go back to the gastro in August so I'll see what she has to say about it then, in the meantime I'll check out the webMD site. Thanks
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:30 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageoldie
I was dx'ed with IBS about 10 years ago, but haven't been bothered with it until about a year ago. I go back to the gastro in August so I'll see what she has to say about it then, in the meantime I'll check out the webMD site. Thanks
So some of you have IBS or think you may have it, have you found that it affects your weight loss efforts in anyway??
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Something is affecting my weight loss efforts. I've been trying to loose this weight for so long I've lost count. I don't drink any carbonated beverages, almost no fried food, almost no fast foods, Exercise 5x's a week, and not a pound will budge. I don't gain, but I'm sure not loosing.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote