Old 06-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #1  

Default Shrimp Stir Fry

Here's one I tossed together this evening & was very happy with. I have no firm measurements, so be forewarned.

2 T or so of Olive Oil
1+ lb of nice big fat raw shrimp
Sugar snap peas (half a pound or so)
1 leek, sliced
1 broccoli crown, broken into small florets
Fresh ginger
Garlic (fresh or powder - I used powder)
Red pepper
Tamari soy sauce (or plain ole...)

I preheated the oil in a large pan (I don't have a wok unfortunately). Add the shrimp, a couple shakes of garlic, a few gratings of ginger, a sprinkle of red pepper & a couple of shakes of soy and cook for 3ish minutes or so until they're about half-cooked. Then add the veggies and cook for another 3ish minutes until firm-tender. Use your judgement on the total cooking time - I really don't remember how long it was. Excellent flavor!

(Actually, this is the way it should be done. I added everything - shrimp & veggies - all at the beginning and the veggies got way overcooked. Shhhh...don't tell! But it did have an awesome flavor!)
Pandemonia is offline   Reply With Quote