Old 06-13-2004, 10:27 AM   #1  

Unhappy Induction Help!

Hello, all! I'm new to the website, and what a GREAT site it is! I just found it through a person at work! Wow! Anyway, I need some advice from the atkin's pro's around here. I've been doing induction for 2 weeks tomorrow.....and have lost only about 2 pounds, if that. I feel okay, and i'm eating what i'm supposed to; in fact, I don't know that I've gotten TO 20 carbs a day....I've been trying to take a bunch of fiber supplements, because that was an immediate problem I noticed, if you know what i mean... ....so what am I doing wrong? Do I keep doing induction for a couple more weeks? I haven't GAINED anything, so I know something is working. I just bought the lypolisis testing strips on amazon. (they were only 5.99!).....but I won't get them until next week

Next question..AA! I am going to a wedding next saturday...where the only things they are serving are coldcuts (which I of course can eat), and Potato and pasta salad and baked beans...and beer.....and cake....what happens if I give myself 1 day to break? I'm scared that it will set me back (although I havn'e moved that far)

Sorry! Looooong post!! hopeuflly someone can give me some feedback!!
melissat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:56 PM   #2  

Hi Melissa. Are you drinking enough water (minimum of 64 oz per day)? I have heard that this is important for weight loss during ketosis. Also, are you eating enough calories? Eating too few calories can put your body into starvation mode and you will not lose weight as your body will hold on to all of it's fat. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? I have found that there are a lot of people on Atkins (in other forums) that are already at a low weight for their height, but want to be even thinner. When there is little or no extra weight to lose weight loss will be very slow.
USLadyInWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:08 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

LadyInWales gave you GREAT advice. I don't think I can top that at all. I've given myself PLENTY of breaks (as has my mom). Just make sure you jump RIGHT back onto low carb. The longer your break is the harder it is to go back to low carb. Believe me..I know
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote