Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Slimming Pants?

I just saw a commercial for Slimming Pants and was wondering if anyone has tried them or a product similar to them? was wondering if they really help like they seem to do in the commercial.
anybody know?
thanks,
cathy
Old 06-10-2004, 12:54 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

OMG...slimming pants? I wonder if they're anything like the "Slim Suit" that used to be sold via TV and newspaper in the 70s and 80s - as I recall, they were made of some shiny metallic material and there was a hole that you'd stick your VACUMN CLEANER HOSE into, presumably to suck out all that fat!

Of course, the theory is the same as body wraps. You wrap yourself up, then you lose water weight and are 'thinner' for a short time. (They do the same thing with show horses - putting neck-sweats on them to make their necks slim down for that long, lean look prior to a show). Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on either the pants or the body wrap...
Old 06-10-2004, 02:08 PM   #3  

Mrs Jim - I remember that space suit you are talking about. a silly friend of mine bought that when we were teenagers and I thought she would kill herself with that contraption. LOL

Actually these things are like a really tight pair of stockings that are shaped like shorts and they tighten everything up, get rid of your rolls and panty lines. They are just an undergarment that you wear under your clothes to get rid of all the bumps and lines and dimples.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:01 PM   #4  

Oh - we called them girdles back in the old days. Won't be permanent but can make you look better in your clothes.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:34 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Yeah they look like a girdle to me, too. Actually, depending on what they are made of, they might be a good price to try. They come out to about $12 a pair. However, if you already have some underwear with a slimming panel, like they sell at Lane Bryant, it's about the same thing.

The thing that interests me though is on the pictures, nobody got squashed out the top of the band. The last time I wore a girdle, I had a huge spare tire.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:53 AM   #6  

LOL I wondered about that too Jennifer - why the stuff didn't roll out the top LOL
Old 06-11-2004, 12:58 PM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
LOL I wondered about that too Jennifer - why the stuff didn't roll out the top LOL
Ahh...Photoshop is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Hmmm...sounds a lot like Flexees to me! The "Slimming Pants" I mean.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:49 PM   #8  

My late father wore those wide rubber 'belts' that were supposed to sweat the fat out while you exercised. He wore them on his daily jog for years and years. I don't think they did a thing, but at least I am guessing they were comfortable!
Old 06-12-2004, 05:46 PM   #9  

I bought them from HSN. They are like a very tight pair of nylons, they seem like they should be a little thicker, like support hose. I thought they were a little flimsy, I put my finger through 2 pair! The ones that end at the thigh make a dent in your thigh so I guess they are for women that don't have fat thighs!! I haven't tried the capri length yet so I don't how they are.

Marilyn M.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:02 PM   #10  

Thank you Marilyn - that is what I was wanting to know. I wanted to hear from somebody that had wore the silly things. And that's what we were wondering earlier - how you don't have a roll out the top and the bottom where it squishes everything out. LOL

I think I'll just keep workin my buns off! thanks!
Old 06-14-2004, 10:41 PM   #11  

This has been such a waste of money for me!
A friend talked me into buying them for herself and for me, and I wore them for a week approximately. Besides warming up the parts under them (they're from rubber-like material, a bit elastic, approximately 1/5-1/4 inch thick, look like tight black shorts on the outside) and sweating a little more with them, I sincerely doubt if they work. Some say you have to use gels or something along with them, but I think it only works as long as you apply the slimming money-sucking stuff.
Sometimes, it's true, I exercise in full clothing and those autumn pants to sweat more, but I think slim shorts sound too good to be true.
If anyone had some positive experiences with them, please post! Maybe it'll motivate me to put them on again. About the size, I think I have the medium (but they pretty much fit for a lot of people and are very approximate, like three sizes S, M, or L).
Old 06-14-2004, 10:47 PM   #12  
WW Moderator

Are you talking about the same thing on the top post? The Slimming Pants aren't for sweating off weight, they are girdle control. I think I know what you are talking about - 'sweat shorts'?
Old 06-17-2004, 10:12 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sounds like something you'd wear under a dress to like a wedding, you know where you want smooth lines. The only thing is, the fat has to go somewhere so unless they have a full body suit, (which I've seen gurdles like that rofl) i'd just go buy a good gurdle or tummy control panties. There's only so much you can hide
Old 07-04-2004, 08:04 PM   #14  

Yep, I ordered them from HSN also and sent them back two days later. I tried on the first pair and ran my thumb right through them. Made a huge runner, so I packed them back in the box and sent them off. I'm hoping to get a refund on my charge account, because pardon the pun, they're a rip off.
Also they made a roll around my thigh and my middle. I'll be so glad to say goodbye to those rolls!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:33 AM   #15  

I saw this and wanted to post. Isn't there some way to get these people? I'm taliking about the infomercial. I wanted to order them but they say they are all out of the ones over the waist and the web site doesn't work. The ones on HSN are not the same brand and the 2X I ordered is not an adult size! I guess I'll send them back, too! I ordered some like this from JCPenney's last summer and they were way big in 2X! I liked them but they didn't work!
Closed Thread