Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday Chat - June 9th

Boo !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:39 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hi Leenie. How's it going??

I didn't sleep worth diddly last night. First it started out too hot. Then in the middle of the night this huge storm front hit us. You know the kind. When the thunder actually shakes the whole house? Well, I know I wanted a pool, but not an INDOOR pool. Our basement is now all wet again. Took me a month to dry it out from the last time!! And I guess we're supposed to be getting more rain (DH said another storm front's coming tonight. Great!), so we're going to buy another sump pump on the off chance this one decides to croak. I don't know how much the insurance would pay for that if our whole basement was full of water. Only good thing is the temps dropped like 20 degrees!!!!
I don't know, but I'm getting a feeling that no matter what I do I'm going to be stuck at this weight for a while.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #3  

Morning Leenie

Brenda: Sorry about the basement....when I was growing up we had a wet basement too. We could never put anything of value down there. My parents, my 4 brothers and me used to line up with shovels and push the water out the basement door. We had a pump too and I can still remember each time it would turn on my mother would groan!
I am in the same boat as you with staying at the same weight. But that is ok. We can keep trying. I know we will win!

I am still sooooooooooo tired. I don't understand. I have been to bed 3 nights in a row long before dh. I leave him downstairs watching tv and he says each night I am out like a light by the time he gets there. This morning he told me he misses his kiss goodnight
But even when I get up I am still pooped! I guess all the stress has caught up with me. Didn't go for my walk last night....I was too tired and just wanted to veg.

Sooooooooooooooo, where are my decorating ideas? You promised if I posted the pictures you would help I am still leaning towards a gold color......would really like a green of some kind but the stairway is green (which we are going to change someday) and the dining room/living room have two very dark green walls already. I don't know why I can't just pick a stupid color and be done with it.

Where has Marie been? She must be busy with her wedding plans....hope all is well. We miss you!

Have a good day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:07 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning !

Brenda water damage is never any fun. When hurricane Floyd hit the east coast NJ wasn't supposed to be anywhere in its path, well my hubby's shop got 8 feet of water, we lost everything and he had no insurance to cover his equipment b/c when your in business for yourself, a small guy, it was actually cheeper to replace the equipment than to pay the insurance (thru the years). The river down at the end of our street came all the way up to my house and stopped at my property line, OMG were we scared. All my neighbors down the road were flooded, water to the ceilings of their basements, it was horrible. But the good thing was, nobody was hurt An extra pump is a good idea.

Jane, can I ask, when was the last time you had blood work done? Stress does play a major roll in damaging the body but maybe you should be looked at by a doctor?? can't hurt. How's your eating been? have you cut your calories to low? you know that in itself will make you tired. On the color issue, I'm the same as you, I just can't decide on anything lol. I know what I don't like and I know what I do like but I just can't decide lololol. Toss a coin

Everyone to come, SMOOCH!!!!!

Love yah!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:11 AM   #5  

You know Leenie I was just thinking that this morning on my drive into work.....I have an appt with my gyn in two weeks....don't know if he will do any blood work but I will tell him. I have cut my calories down yes, maybe that could be it too. But they are still around 1300+ each day so I don't think that is too low.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh.. Brenda, why do you feel "stuck" with your weight. How about accepting your weight and maintaining it for right now and then when you up to snuff, you can tackle it again. Your thought pattern is bringing you way to low. Instead of looking at how much you lost, your looking at how much your not losing. The power of the mind lady. We have to think positive. How do you feel physically w/your weight? not mentally, physically? can you stand tall and say, hey, this isn't so bad? physically? We are always so hard on ourselves and once we start in, its hard to stop. Get an before wl picture and carry it around w/you, and every time you look at it say to yourself WOW, I've come a long way and DANG!! I look good !!! because you really do lady, to me, you look fantastic. I wish I could hug you for all your success and make you see it.

Okay enuf blabbing, sorry!!

Love Ya, ya know!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:14 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Jane, thats a good idea, ask your Dr. Are you taking vitamins and even though your calories are 1300, are you eating enuf proteins and carbs? how's your exercising coming along? Not that I'm trying to figure out anything, but by me asking questions, maybe You could see something your doing or not doing.

blah blah blah lol , sorry again.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:18 AM   #8  

Leenie:

I am taking my vitamins and I haven't been exercising as much because I am so tired lately. I checked in Fitday and my numbers seem to be ok....
Old 06-09-2004, 10:36 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Hello, you lovely ladies!

Leenie: You've got good advice -- keep it comin'!

Brenda: Leenie's right -- look at what you have accomplished! Sometimes, when I read your posts, I think that you must be really struggling and not lost much. But, you have lost almost 30 pounds!! That is major accomplishment! You look great -- now you just need to get feeling great! If you need to maintain for awhile, that's OK. Jump back in when you feel ready. Again, you're doing so well!

Jane: Your bedroom and bath are absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm in love with them. I've never picked out colors for a room before, though, so I don't know if you want my advice... But, I like green and maroon-painted rooms.

Well, the induction that was going fabulously went kaput. I was doing great up until Monday night, and for some reason, I felt the desire to have McDonald's. Instead of quelching the desire, I gave in. I actually got in the car and drove there. I'm not sure why that came on. I wonder if doing induction makes me feel very limited, and I just couldn't take it anymore?? I guess I'm used to such a variety of foods, and maybe I got frustrated with my choices on induction. I'm not sure. Anyway, that happened, but I'm moving on. I'm going to try and stick to induction for the rest of this week, but if I get frustrated with choices, I might add in some peanuts or almonds.

Oh! I just thought of another explanation for McDonald's... I weighed-in on Monday night. I maintained. I thought that might happen. TOM was here, and I usually gain almost 5 pounds with it, so it was a good thing to maintain. But, I still get frustrated. I really depend way too much on the scale. TOPS is great, but it is really scale-dependent.

This is another baseball week for me. Games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and maybe Saturday and Sunday. Fun stuff! I think I need to get a baseball-related job. I'm there enough. They could just start paying me...

I kind of wanted to go the Stanley Cup parade today, but decided it's going to be way too hot and way too many people will be there. We went to the Super Bowl parade when the Bucs won, and it was lots of fun, but it was in February, so it was bearable, and it was spread out over a bigger area, so it didn't even seem too crowded. The parade today is jammed in a small area in the downtown.

Work is so busy right now. I should probably end this monster post and get to work! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning

It is so good to come here and get a positive outlook. I have been having a pity party for myself since Friday. In the past 17 days I have lost 0.6 pound and Saturday it really got to me that after five days of being on induction, clean induction, well actually I had 2 cans of diet coke two nights, but I resisted anything else that wasn’t in the list of induction foods since last Monday. Anyhow, I also started drinking more water and tried to do more activities and still didn’t lose. So I was in a very bad mood. I thought there we go again I am failing at this too.

Since last November when I decided to lose weight, I have tried WW and body for life, but failed at both, I was constantly hungry. Then through a friend I heard that two people I know have lost lots of weight following Atkins. When I saw them I was amazed, so I decided to give Atkins a try and this time I didn’t tell anyone since I couldn’t bare the humiliation of telling everyone and then a few weeks later when they ask me how it is going, tell them that I couldn’t follow through. Everything was fine during the first 6 weeks, I was constantly losing moderately, but in the last two weeks the weight loss has come to a halt.

So Saturday morning, I started writing an email to one of the people who has successfully reached her goal in 22 weeks losing the same amount of weight I am trying to lose. I needed to know if she had set backs, or if she lost every week, wanted to know her secret. I was almost done with the email when I got distracted by a phone call and then one thing let to another and I never made it back to my computer until Sunday night. When I reread my email it sounded so whinny, I thought. So I decided to rewrite it.

Last night I sit down and decided to revise the email and something stand out to me. Why was I in such a hurry? Yes, I wanted to be at goal before my best friend’s wedding in August. I wanted people who haven’t seen me in the past 5 years, which are practically all my high school and college friends, to see me the way they remembered me. But then I thought even if I make it within 10 pounds of my goal, no one is going to notice the difference. I have lost over 13 pounds and no one has said anything. Yes, couple of people have noticed a bit of difference but both thought I had changed my hair style. Then I thought the most important thing to me should be that I am going to be there, at the wedding, to see my best friend in the whole world, someone I have known all my life, someone that I love like a sister, be happy and beautiful. The weight loss had consumed me and I had lost the sight of what is important to me.

Anyhow, I also notice something very interesting, which made me realize that I am not going to be a failure this time, just a BIG loser, LOL. From Saturday until yesterday that I was very discouraged, not once I wanted to cheat. Granted I had made all my foods and didn’t have to think about what to eat. But it never crossed my mind that I was tired of this way of eating. I have found recipes for all my favorite foods and then some. True that now I have to make everything myself instead of just getting them. But cooking hasn’t bothered me yet.

So this morning I am here with positive outlook. I know I can do it. Originally, I thought since I had gained this weight in four years, maybe I could shed it off in four months. But now, at least this morning, I am thinking what if it takes me twice that time to reach my goal, that is okay, as long as I get there. That is the important thing, right?
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:42 AM   #11  

Good Morning!

Brenda - Water in the basement sucks! Not only the pumps but the blowers to dry it out!

Lennie - Morning

Jane - We remodeled our master bed and bath when we bought the house a couple years ago.. I did faux finish in both rooms. My master bedroom went from dark pine paneling to gold with dark crown molding t match the furniture, and a tan matlbe look ceraminc in the bathroom with a tan fuax finish. Funny thing is, Danny wanted the gold, I didn't since I hate yellow, bought the paints in the colors I liked and it turned gold when it dried. Now, I love it. The bath was close to $3,000 and the bedroom was only a few hundred. Good ceraminc tile is expensive, and the fact that I discovered they hadn't used the right materials in the tub and shower area and had to rip it all out and redo it all. It was a nightmare that took 6 months to complete! This year, I need to do his bath, but I'm procrastinating.

You guys aren't the only one staying at a level weight. I have read that it's normal. Something about your body getting use to the lower weight before it will start losing again. I've fought the last 12-15 lbs for almost 7 months now with very little movement. I just keep hoping it'll happen, but in my case, a big part of it is a job that I don't get much exercise and the fact I don't exercise much. It's my own fault I guess, but by the time I get home, I'm tired and have meals to pepare.

Well, have brought 1 Fur Kid to work with me. Need to try to get her into the vet to look at her eyes. Probably a minor infection but they look bad. My employees are going to freak when they see I brought her to work with me! She's my Rridgeback and weighs about 70-80 lbs. She's just laying next to me sleeping, such a good girl. We just love our fur kids!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:44 AM   #12  
Head Princess

Good morning! Not a lot of people so far today. Strange.....

Leenie - Smooches right back at ya! And right on with everything you've said today. You sure know your stuff, lady.

Brenda - Here's a little poem for you:
If it's the view from where you sit that makes you fear defeat,
Life is full of many aisles. So get up and change your seat!

Maybe it's time to start looking at things a little differently, like Leenie said.

P.S. I was "stuck" at 142 for 6 weeks. Remember how Karen said that our bodies have 'set' points? There's truth in that!

Jane - Sorry about the basement and the tiredness! As for decor, I have ideas, but I'd like to know what kind of a look you're going for first. That makes a big difference.

As for me, I worked for 12 hours again yesterday. Then I went to spend time with a friend in crisis. Around 11 I finally got to try one of my experimental recipies. Off to bed by midnight and now I'm all set for another 12 hour day. I'm feeling pretty good except that 12 hours at a desk with not much time for exercise is making me feel like a marshmellow. I didn't realize how much I've been enjoying working out until now. Strange

Ok, experimental cooking last night. I found a recipe for fried 'rice'. It's actually cauliflower (is there anything that veggie can't do?). It turned out really nice! Not quite rice tasting, but very yummy! DH - who hates veggies - loves the stuff! That may be one of the best things about this WOE. He's not on it, but I do the cooking and he eats more veggies than he realizes now!

Nose to the grindstone time for me! Have a wonderful day, everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:47 AM   #13  

Rachel - You snuck I while I was typing a book! Hang in there. You mention the cheating, I wanted angelhair pasta with shrimp for dinner out the other night, guess what, I prefer the spagetti squash and I don't like squash until I finally decided to try it since I wanted pasta so bad. It's become a staple in my house in the last month and we have it once a week now. I'm learnng to find safe foods and it's hard sine there are alot of things I don't eat either because of dislike or allergies.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Geez. I must have taken forever with my post, cause everyone snuck in!

Jina - I understand about McD's. I still get huge cravings for the damn fries and chicken nuggets. Of course, doing that means being sick for 2 days afterwards, so I guess I'm safe for now

Rachel - Excellent attitude adjustment! I'm proud of you

Morti - I'm so jealous! I want to take me fur kids to work!

Ok, going to post the recipe now
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hey there!

Leenie - hi! So often you're the first up and at 'em around here.

Brenda - sorry about your flooded basement! That takes all the fun out enjoying a huge thunderstorm. And I here you about the heat. The humidity is driving me crazy - it removes all my urges to be productive.

Jane - your bathroom is great! I love how it's so open with your master suite. The doorway frames to the bathroom are very cool.

Jina - I did almost the exact same thing. I had a craving and I actually got in my car and drove to the store on Monday. I can't believe I put that much effort in to satisfying a craving - if only I put that effort in to other things!

Rachel - what a great outlook that you've found. And it's great not to have the urge to cheat, eh? If only I can stick on induction long enough to get that state of mind back!

morti - Sometimes I hate the fact that my job has me required to be sitting at a desk in front of a computer all day. If only I could prop my computer up on a treadmill or something ...

Star - ugh. 12 hour work days. And yay for cauliflower! Luckily, it is my favouritest veggie.

I'm currently working directly in front of my fan, as it is too hot and humid for me. What saddens me is that it is not even the hottest time of the year yet. I'm so disappointed that spring seems to be pretty much non-existent nowadays. I haven't worked at school in days because the AC doesn't work in my office and my office is on the inner wall of the building, so the breeze is non-existent. And also my officemates talk way too loudly. I'm obviously a very picky officemate. I just want isolation when I work! Either that, or ignorable white noise in the background. Though, I absolutely cannot work when I feel like someone is watching over my shoulder. I don't know if it's weird paranoia or what, but there you have it.

Anyway, back to writing for me!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote