WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 12:14 AM   #1  

Question Kraft Dinner

Hi everyone i was wondering if someone wanted to help me out with this one. since I have started wieght watchers I have not eaten macaroni and cheese and lately I have been craving it like mad but I don't think that the nine points is worth it. So I am wondering something about how they calculate the points value. Is it using 2% milk and regular margarine like the recipe calls for? See when I make KD i don't use any milk and I only use super low fat margarine so I am wondering if the points could be lowered becasue of these things. Any advie would be great. thank again, Raven
Old 06-09-2004, 08:49 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

There should be 2 different values on the box. I quit eating it because of the points long ago. Use the boxed values and add the cal/fat/fiber of what you add then divide by the number of points.

Simple!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #3  

Check the freezer section. WW, LC, or something makes a mac & cheese dinner. It's not exactly the original, but might help your craving for a lot less points!
Old 06-09-2004, 10:44 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I also have a few recipes that are less points so feel free to e-mail me.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #5  

I only look for mac and cheese once in awhile. So, I take my pasta and melt cheese on it. That makes it easy to calculate the points too.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #6  

My husband *really* loves his mac and cheese and when he started Weight Watchers with me, it was hard for him. But he says he really likes the Weight Watchers Smart Ones Mac and Cheese and I think it is only 4 points, so maybe that could help? I haven't tried it, I'm not a big mac anc cheese person.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:46 AM   #7  
Faithless The Wonder Girl

hey superflyzebra! I live in Cape Breton Nova Scotia, And I also looove Kraft Dinner (when I saw the post I knew you'd be Canadian) I haven't found any weight watchers Smart Ones meals at any grocery stores but there is a "Lifestyles" Michalena(sp?) that is mac n cheese and its 5 points, the serving is pretty good too and it's really creamy, It doesn't really compare to KD but its good. Hope I helped and its nice spotting a fellow nova scotian on the boards!
Old 06-24-2004, 12:14 PM   #8  

Default Another Nova Scotian here

Hi there,
I live in the Dartmouth area and can't find Ww smart ones in any stores up here and there are a ton of grocery stores, not fare is it. I agree it is nice to see other Nova Scotians on this site. Amedelia, what part of CB are you from, my DH is from the Glace Bay.
Mary
Closed Thread