Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 05:11 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Thumbs down

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 04-11-2001, 05:17 PM   #2  
CJ

Default OK ... here goes

Sorry girls …. I’ve gotten a little bit behind on all the posts. I have just been busy with other things and have not taken the time to post. I don’t know why …. I have read the posts but just have not felt like “talking” so to speak. Sorry….

Have you ever felt like you have a lot of things to talk about but didn’t really? I just can’t explain why I didn’t want to post … I am not depressed or anything – and I am still OP – I have just been in a really strange “funky” mood … can’t explain! So please forgive me if I miss anyone here …. I’ll do my best to catch up with you all!

And, I really have been busy too! I’ve been getting all our stuff together for taxes, finally got them done and have been getting stuff ready to take to the cabin (going up tomorrow). Been taking many many walks (almost every day) minimum 2 miles, sometimes 4 – 5 miles. My last weigh-in was up a lb!!!!!! But my leader says not to worry, probably just a temp gain from all the walking. I sure hope she is right! I get weighed in tomorrow again, but I don’t feel like I am down. Oh well, sloooooooooow and steady, eh? I’m not giving up tho! NEVER!

Then, my youngest daughter conned me into making her a webpage for her art work … so I have been busy working on that this week ((I think I have found my nook – haha). She paints, and has actually sold some of her paintings on Ebay and private commisions. If you would like to check out the page, the address is:

www.niecesgallery.homestead.com/index.html

Won $150 at bingo last week, and last nite won $300!

Sharon:
Well, I assume you got home safe and sound from your MI trip …. Sure had a good time with you and Ken when you stayed here. I think it is so great that this trial is now over and you got your justice … now you and Chrissy and your families can have closure. It’s about time!

Chrissy:
So glad that the trial is finally over for you and the girls. I can just imagine how hard it was for you to have to get up there again, and again. Now, maybe, you can have some closure and move forward. I know it will never be the same but, at least with some justice, it will help.

Angel:
I do hope you are feeling better now with your kidney infection. That is no fun I can attest, as I used to get them quite often myself. Knock on wood, haven’t had any in a long time … maybe all this water I am drinking is doing some good. Anyway, hope you are feeling better now.

Judy:
Hope all is well with you and Cal. I got your new email address. Isn’t cable wonderful? I’m enjoying it while I can, cuz when we move up north I will probably have to go back to dial-up …. Unless we get satallite.

Gail:
Hey Gail … where are you? Is this the week Ken’s mom is staying with you? I see you have not been posting on the food journal … come on kiddo – YOU CAN DO IT! Keep trying – don’t give up! Everything will fall into place one day! Hope to hear from you soon.

Regency/Carolyn:
Well, you should be leaving tomorrow for Kentucky … hope you have a wonderful time! Give big hugs to Joanna for me, and drop a line or two while you are there. Sounds like you are having a ball with your new Explorer!

Jello:
Glad things are going well for you (except for your divorce, tho). Yes, the lemon in the drinking water is great isn’t it? Sharon got me hooked on that …. We always order lemon with our water at restaurants. Glad you are fine now after your hospital scare!

Dreamer:
Hey, girl …. You should be just about ready to have that little baby, eh? We’re all excited for you … make sure you let us know asap! Hope all goes well for you.

Kelster:
I am so sorry to hear your news about your friend. I know it is hard for y ou. Life is so unpredictable, isn’t it? We have to live each day to the fullest, and make sure you tell your loved ones how much you love them every day! At least you have good memories of a wonderful friendship with your friend. That will always be with you.

Gina:
I will be away for the weekend, but hopefully I will be home in time to try to catch your program Sunday nite …. I hope anyway. Would love to see you on the tv.

Well, I know I missed a lot of you … so a big HELLO to everyone I missed …. I’ll try to stay more up to date now …. I’ll let ya know before I leave tomorrow how I did for weigh-in. Wish me luck!

Talk to ya soon….
Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 04-11-2001 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2001, 07:03 PM   #3  

Hello Girls!

First of all...{{{{{{Chrissy and Sharon}}}}} I'm so happy that the trial is over and that monster is behind bars! As, always, my prayers go out to you and your families!

Well, girls, I know I said I was going to post more often and give you details about my trip...unfortunately, all h*ll is breaking loose here at work. Let me just say that I'm happy that I have a job to come to!

I found out today that they are laying off 20 more people tomorrow and my boss recommends that we start looking for new jobs because we just got funding for the rest of the year...after that, it's unclear. I have quite a bit of thinking to do. And this is not a good time to lose my job...especially when we are trying to have kids. I think I'm going to ride the wave and save as much money as we can so that we...ok, I... won't be so stressed. My eyelid is twitching just thinking about it. The sad thing is that this layoff is a complete surprise. There aren't any rumours flying around. My boss was nice enough to warn my group about it and we were told to keep it hush hush. So sad. :sad:

I've got to run before I get caught and fired!

I may not be able to post all the time but please remember that I think of all of you often!

Sylvia
Old 04-12-2001, 05:25 AM   #4  

Hi everyone!! I don't know if anyone remembers me....I last posted gosh...probably close to a year ago! I work at Applebees and I was pretty close to my weight loss goal (I sent a picture of myself on a Harley), however........since I got my new job and I just couldn't help myself around all that new food (that I could eat for FREE!!!) I have to admit I have gained about 20 pounds!!! UGH!! I HAVE to lose it and all of you guys have never left my mind. I just got this new computer 2 days ago because our old one crashed and I had to come here and say "what's up"! I see that Sam is about to have a baby, Congratulations! How exciting! My little one is 2 1/2 and my oldest is turning 10 in a couple of weeks. The time sure flies when you have little ones! Well, I hope I'm still welcome here and I will make the time to visit often. I need all the support In can get to lose these awful pounds I've gained and I miss the friendship that I found here. I'll check in as soon as I can!!! Bye!!

Lisa
Old 04-12-2001, 06:51 AM   #5  
A Real Woman!

Hi all! Just a short note to wish everyone a very Happy Easter...... My sis should be on the road soon and so should I..... I am having to fly to Michigan this morning for a meeting and she is driving from Michigan to KY for the Holiday....... but luckily I will be flying home this afternoon..... hey sis, have a nice trip and I will do the same.

Been super busy here, Tim laid us a small patio this week and we just bought a patio set complete with a 9ft market umbrella. I have always wanted one of those, not sure why though...... I want to decorate it with the small white lights - I guess I've been subscribing to Better Homes and Gardens for too many years.

Can't wait until I see my sis today, she doesn't know it but I got about 3" cut off the length of my hair and now it's layered. It's also no longer really blonde. I had low-lights put in it. It's about 30 different shades of blonde - everything from light blonde to dark blonde. I like it but I don't know how I will ever keep it up, it was so expensive to have it done here......

Talk to everyone soon!
Love, Joanna

HAPPY EASTER!!!
Old 04-12-2001, 08:35 AM   #6  
Long Lost Chickie

Good (????) morning all. I question it because I'm so sick. Came into work just to get anything that needs doing done and then I'm outta here. Spent the night tossing and turning. I'm achey and nauseaus and have a fever of 101. Came in just long enough to blame a gal here who's had the same symptoms and has been hanging around me too much. Just want to go home to bed. Rich kept telling me to stay home but I'm a dummy I guess. Boss better not give me too much trouble over this or I'll breathe on him!!!

We're going to Easter dinner at mom and dad's on Sunday and I want to be all better by then so I'm going to drink lots of fluids (water water everywhere!) and get lots of rest. Maybe I'll WATCH Rich work on the yard. LOL.

Sorry this is all about me me me. And now I'm completely out of ambition. Hope to be able to check in from home before Easter. Hippity hoppity happy Easter day!!!!

... no I can't believe I just said that either.

Much love,
Jo
Old 04-12-2001, 09:26 AM   #7  

Good Morning Everyone,
It really is one windy day here. I have been in the yard trying to capture lots of things that have blown away. Like the top to the ground lights and a few lawn chairs. I bet I looked cute out there in my P.J's chasing them. LOL
Just want to tell everyone to have a blessed and joyous Easter. We will have the grandkids overnight on Sat. while their parents go to a party. So it will be egg decorating time when they are here. I like to do that with them.

C.J....You sure are one lucky gal at that Bingo stuff. I will have to find time and give it a try here.

Sylvia...So sorry to hear that you may be out of a job . That kind of stuff is happening all over though. Downsizing so they say. There are people where my hubby works that have been there for over 20 years and they are let go. And at an age of 40 plus it won;t be easy to find another job for them. You are young and have lots to offer an employer, so you won't have a hard time finding a new job.

Lisaa.....Goiod to see you back here. I imagine being around all that great food that Applebee's has would be very tempting. Especially when it is free! Just start working hard at it now, and by the time bikini season comes you will fit right into one.

Joanna......Your new man in your life sounds like a great guy. You are sounding so much happier around here and that's a good thing.Have a nice time with your sister when you meet up. I bet she will like your new hair as much as you will like her new Explorer.LOL Yes, getting highlighting etc can be very coastly. But I don't mind the price as long as it covers the gray. LOL

Jo....Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are all better by the time you go to your parents for Easter. Rest and drink lots of fluids.

Chrissy....Slow down girl and quit working all those hours. I will try to call you this weekend. But not on a cell phone I don't know how to operate. LOL

I best get going and get all the plastic eggs stuffed here for the Easter egg hunt for the grandkids Sunday. Our daughter has one for all the neighborhood kids on Friday night with flashlights. They have a ball. Then of course the parents participate in the food and drinks afterwards. Too bad I have to work then!
Again, Have a very nice Easter. Love Sandi
Old 04-12-2001, 04:22 PM   #8  
CJ

Default Happy Easter ....

I only have a few minutes here .... waiting for Dick and as soon as he gets here we are leaving for the cabin. I just wanted to drop by and wish everyone a very happy Easter ...

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Love, CJ
Old 04-12-2001, 11:45 PM   #9  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default What's Up Guys????

Hi Thinsters,
Thought I would post while I have the time now. Since I got back from Michigan I have been working everyday to make up for the week I missed I guess.

I have also just been busy unpacking, doing laundry and everything else we do when we come back from a trip.

Went to my WW meeting and didn't do nearly as bad as last time, remember I had gained 6 lbs during the last trial? Well this time I tried to watch it, especially after we got our guilty verdict than I really tried to do good. I even walked over the weekend with his sister once for a couple of miles in her neighborhood and than the next day when we had the cookout, after we ate than me and a couple of my sister in laws walked a few miles more. So I guess that really helped cause I only gained 2 lbs this time around. Much better than 6 lbs, which if you remember took me a couple of weeks to get off too. So I will take what I gained. I guess it paid off just to kinda watch it a bit. So now I have another week or so and than Ken and I are going to be going to Florida on April 20th to visit our daughter in the Air Force, Tracy, stationed in Fort Walton Beach. I am excited cause I have NEVER been to Florida and looking forward to seeing Tracy's apartment and her again. Can't wait! Just waiting to get done with H & R Block which the last day we will be open will be April 16th, to make up for the day before being Easter, guess the government will give everyone another day to send in your tax returns.

Jello-So sorry you are feeling so darn bad there. My gosh you better get right home and into your bed. That's an order girlfriend. LOL And don't forget to just WATCH Rich work in the yard too. Yes here's hoping that you are much better by Easter. No fun being sick during a family holiday.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{JELLO}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Joanna-Thanks for posting and letting us know what is up with you. You and Tim sure have been busy too. That patio he made sounds really nice and it will be relaxing to sit on your patio with your patio set too. I think the white lights would be a nice touch. Try it and see, I'll bet it will look really nice.

Lisaa-Hey girlie girl! How the heck are you? I am so so happy that you came back and posted with us again. OF COURSE you are welcome back here. ALWAYS! Don't worry, your gain will soon dissapear with all of us helping each other. Keep on coming back and I just know you will be right back where you were before. We all have our ups and downs. I sure have had my share. Glad you are back and welcome home.

Aivlys-Oh Sylvia, so sorry about what is happening at your workplace. That is nice of your boss to warn all of you thought. Shows he really cares about you. I know everyone there is probally confused about what to do. But things will work out for you I just bet you. I will hope and pray for you and your new husband that things all come together for you.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SYLVIA))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Sandi-HA HA I can just imagian you running around in your pajama's chasing everything in the wind. LOL Have fun with the grandkids this weekend and I am sure your egg decorating will be fantastic.

CJ-Hope you got my email back. So you are going to the cabin for Easter? Well hope you have a good week there. I had so much fun and so did Ken when we went there with you. Never knew we could laugh so much as we did. Wow you rich lady you winning all that money at Bingo. You sure have been luck lately. Post when you get back from the cabin and let us know how your Easter went.

ginabob-I will try to catch your Easter special with Dino. That is great that it is on so many times. I will look for you, looking just smashing I'll bet. Hope your cold will go away, no good to be sick during Easter, as I told Jello. Take those Cold-Ease, I usually have good luck when I suck on those. The cold usually never matializes.

angel-Hope you are feeling much better and your kidney infection is clearing up. Get well soon and let us know how you are feeling. You are right you are doing really great losing those 30 lbs that you have so far. Keep up the great work and just keep on plugging along and you will get where you want to be.

Mary Kay-So you son got picked for jury duty. If he wants to get out of it all her has to do is kinda mess up the questions they ask him. LOL I mean they are looking for specific people and know what they want. So maybe they won't pick them, they question so many people just to get 13 jurists-one alternate. So maybe he won't fit the bill. Try not to work too hard althought I know you will. But take care of yourself MK. We want you healthy so take it easy.

Carolyn/Regency-So you don't like the taste of diet pop yet eh? Have your tried that new Pepsi One yet? It taste pretty good I think and I am not sure what is all in it, but I like it. Give the diet pop time and it will grow on you and soon the regular stuff will taste soooooo sweet. I like diet pop, but have it sometimes and try to concentrate on drinking more water, but for a treat diet pop is great I think. My gosh you sure are burning up the miles on your new car. LOL Oh well you gotta get the bugs out of it to make sure it runs good right? LOL

Kelster-I am really glad you posted too. I know that your friends death really hit your hard and I am again so very sorry. You have so many beautiful memories with her and cherish those moments always.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((KELSTER)))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))

Bernice-You are still doing such a wonderful amazing job on your weight loss. Keep it up, your clothes are probally falling off you am I right? Hey slow is better you know. It will stay off forever that way.

Gail-Hey girl, how are you doing? Your Mother In Law must be visiting you by now. I hope that you are enjoying her visit and visa versa too. I will connect with you soon. You are on my email list to get back to. I missed you when I was gone to Michigan. Hope things are going well for you and your family.

Chrissy-Hey sis in law I miss you already. I was so so happy to be able to spend the time I did with you and your girls and my Dad and brother last week. I know now as you do that we can begin to heal, although it is hard without my dear brother Rick among us. What are you doing for Easter? Are you gonna be seeing Papa? I know he always enjoys your company and loves your and Emily and Ellen so very much. I will connect with you soon too. Hey is Ellie in Florida visiting my brother-her Uncle Skip now? I forget when her and her girlfriends were going. Hope she has fun fun fun. I got those pictures developed the other day of Ellie's birthday and at the courthouse. I will get those off to you soon. Love you Chrissy!

Take care guys and remember I love you guys.

Sassy Sharon
Old 04-12-2001, 11:57 PM   #10  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Here is another article by Pete Waldmeir!

Hi again guys,
This new article was in the Detroit News the day after the guilty verdict. By Pete Waldmeir again. Chrissy sent this to as many Thinsters as she had the emails of, but just in case some of you didn't get it sent to you. Here it is. This man was so helpful to our family I thought and we owe him so much for running these 3 articles to help our cause.

Christine Scandirito slept through the night on Wednesday for the first time since her husband, Rick, was brutally murdered in 1999.
"I got 12 hours of great rest," said Scandirito, a mother of two from St. Clair Shores. "I was so relieved. We finally got justice for Rick. Frankly, at this point, all that I wanted was some kind of a decision one way or the other.
"But a guilty verdict for his murderer was marvelous. I'll never be able to thank those jurors and all the other nice people I met in Detroit for what they did."
Richard Alan Scandirito, a 42-year-old circulation supervisor for Detroit Newspapers, was killed during a robbery shortly after midnight on Oct. 6, 1999.
Ex-convict Robert Person of Detroit shattered Scandirito's skull with the victim's thermos bottle.
Then he stabbed him several times before dumping the body in an empty parking lot.
When Rick failed to report for work, a supervisor called his wife and the police. Chrissy retraced his route and found his blood-soaked van abandoned on a Detroit freeway. Person turned himself in hours after the killing and signed a confession, which he later recanted.
There followed one of those classic screw-ups from the Detroit police and the city's criminal court system that have become all too common.
Too cynical, you say? Try this on for size: Despite the evidence and Person's confession, the case dragged on for 16 months with seven court-ordered delays. Two Wayne County Circuit judges and four different county prosecutors were assigned to do the trial work.
Wayne Circuit Judge Bruce Morrow threw out the signed confession, and had to be overruled by the Michigan Court of Appeals before it could be admitted into evidence.
When Morrow finally got the case to trial in mid-February this year, he heard testimony for two days and then declared a mistrial after one of the Detroit homicide cops let slip before the jury that Person had been a parole violator at the time of the murder.
"I was so frustrated and hurt," Chrissy Scandirito said. "I'd had to get on the stand and testify about finding Rick's van with all that blood and everything. And then that judge calls a mistrial so I'd have to go back on the stand and tell that story all over again?
"He must get some sadistic pleasure out of siding with criminals and watching victims suffer. I can see why the court employees have nicknamed him, 'Turn 'em Loose Bruce.' "
Scandirito was summoned back to the stand early this week. And once more, she tearfully recounted her story for yet another jury. But this group listened intently, then huddled for less than two hours before finding Person guilty of first-degree murder, felony murder and armed robbery.
"The next big date is April 24 when Person is sentenced," said Scandirito, 45.
"Rick's whole family will be there for that one. The prosecutor says Judge Morrow has to give him mandatory life without parole. But I won't feel really safe until I know he's done it."

Pete Waldmeir's column appears Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday in The Detroit News. Call him at (313) 222-2345 or send e-mail to [email protected].

Sassy Sharon
Old 04-13-2001, 02:53 PM   #11  

Hi!

It's been about two weeks since I've posted so I'll bring you up to date. My trip to Orlando was very nice. the first three days were restful. I spent the days lounging by the pool reading a book while my husband attended the conference. The last four days were busy. We went to Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, Disney's Animal Kingdom, and Epcot. My legs hurt by the time we came home from all the walking!

I've finally decided to get serious and have been counting points this week. So far, I've lost about two lbs. I got the dress for my son's wedding in July, and it's very pretty but a little snug around the midriff and would look better if I lost some weight. I plan to try it on once a month until the wedding to check my progress. My husband has joined me in my efforts, and I must say it's easier when we are doing this together.

Chrissy & Sharon, I'm so glad that the trial is over and justice has been served. I'm happy to hear he will probably be spending the rest of his life in prison.

Jo, sorry to hear you are feeling ill. I hope you are better soon.

Sam, do you have any baby news for us yet?

CJ, hope you enjoy your stay at your cabin.

Sandi, enjoy your evening with your grandchildren. Easter egg decorating sounds like fun!

Sylvia, sorry to hear about the job situation.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

Trish
Old 04-13-2001, 04:03 PM   #12  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey Folks. . .
Just wanted to check in with everyone before I check out for the weekend. I should be pretty busy. I am cooking on Sat and Sun and I have three services to sing in on Sunday. I love it though so it won't be work at all. And I get to see myself on TV tonight! :P Yay!
The best news of the week is that I lost 3 more lbs. Yehaa! I just can't believe it. I saw a friend of mine last night and she said. . . "I mean this with love . . . Witch" Last time she saw me I was 20 lbs heavier. She just couldn't get over it. Wait until she sees me with all 70 down!

CJ - I know all about those funky modes. I just get there sometimes. Glad you are checking back in though. It just isn't the same without you. You are the web queen. The pages you do all look so great! Have fun at the Cabin.

Sylvia - Sorry to hear about the layoffs. It does seem to be happening a lot lately. Nice of your boss to give you some heads up so you can prepare.

Lisa - Welcome back. A lot of us have just come back recently. Some of us . . OK ME. . . came back heavier than we left. It was 20 lbs for me too. Post away.

Joanna - Nothing wrong with Better Homes and Gardens. I can't wait to get a house that I can start fixing up! I bet the hair looks great.

Jo - Sorry you are sick. I know it stinks. Take care and drink lots of fluids. Feel Better

Sandi - Have fun egg decorating. I am gonna try and get my 4 year old nephew to color some with me this year. Should be fun. Have fun with those grandkids.

Sharon - Way to go on keeping your weight down during the trial. That is such a bir accomplishment to me! I am happy for you. Already feeling better here. Thanks for the well wishes. Thanks for sharing that article. It really does spell it out. I bet I'd like reading more from that guy.

Trish - Way to go on the loss. Keep heading down. Lucky you in Florida. I am so jealous.

Love you all. A big howdy to those I missed individually. Gonna get back to the crazyness here. Hopefully I can leave on time today.

Happy Easter. . .

Gina
Old 04-14-2001, 12:48 AM   #13  

Default Here comes Peter Cottontail

Just want to stop by and tell everyone to have a Blessed and Happy Easter. I will post again and address everyone. Love to all.....Sandi
Old 04-14-2001, 09:12 AM   #14  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default ...ugh....still stuck.....

Hi Ladies. Geez, I can't believe I'm still at the same weight! Going nowhere fast, (as the saying goes) I did however make it to the gym yesterday, which felt really good. I did 40 min of cardio and 100 situps.I've no one to blame but myself, it has been about 3 wks since I was there the last time. Seems the whole house has been sick and then life just got too busy on the weekends....I will make more of an effort , starting...NOW! This whole month has been a real struggle. Nothing much to show for a whole months effort...it took me a good 2 wks to get over that kidney infection and then I got TOM. I'm really hoping to start fresh and make a stronger committment to looking and feeling better. I'm still eating healthy food choices but can feel myself wandering (mentally) and giving in a bit to .....the dark side...eeeewwwww.Thank goodness I didn't buy too many sweets and chocolate for the boys with Easter only one day away.
I really look forward to reading everyones posts and motivation. I guess( feeling like a bit of a failure for not losing this month is) the reason I haven't been posting so much. I need to smartin' up and get with the program ...so to speak! Well there, I'm officially venting and rambling on...time to go! Thanks for the support
Old 04-15-2001, 10:40 PM   #15  
CJ

Default I'm back ...

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We just now got home from the cabin, so I'm going to make this quick, as I am so tired and need to get into that hot tub bath! Just wanted to check in ... will post tomorrow to everyone! But, wanted to bring a new post from the last thread from a "newbie" to the group. So, everyone, a big welcome for Jetall....

Quote:
Originally posted by jetall
I have been looking for a group to join. I checked out your webpage and I see that you have some older members. I am 55. I am not thin. Today I am motivated to get more serious about losing some of my extra weight but I know from past experience that sometimes my motivation leaves. Can I join you?
So, welcome Jetall .... you'll like it here!

And welcome back LisaA!!!! We're glad to have you back with us!

Later....
Love, CJ
Closed Thread