South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 09:44 AM   #1  

Default Need cuke recipes

I'm growing cukes this year and have a gazillion of them, more than I can us in just salads. If anyone has any good recipes for them please post them on the recipe forum. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oooh! Wendyjo, cukes are heavenly!

I cube one up in a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and add a little Lawry's seasoning salt (I personally think God sent this seasoning down for my family's enjoyment. It is soooo good and I put it in nearly everything!) for breakfast.

Make a big batch of tzatziki: plain yogurt, diced cukes, a clove or two of garlic, pressed in a garlic press, some chopped mint, and Lawry's seasoning salt, mixed together. You can put this on chicken in a pita with veggies for an awesome sandwich or make pita crisps (cut a pita into 8 triangles, brush each with olive oil and press a couple cloves of garlic over them, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in 425 degree oven until golden and crispy. Dip them in the Tzatziki. Yum!

There are several recipes in Cooking Light that use cucumber. We made a Chicken and Couscous salad from the magazine last week that had cucumber and radishes. It was really good! www.cookinglight.com has most, if not all, of their recipes.

I'm not sure what the recipe would look like if we SBD'ed it, but we have a great recipe from my DH's grandmother for cucumber salad. I bet you could make a good version of this. There are bound to be some recipes using cucumber on www.allrecipes.com, but you may have to make them OP.

And if all else fails, start a spa in your garden and slice the cukes to put on your client's eyes!

I envy you...I know I'm going to be spending a fortune in cukes this summer!
Old 06-08-2004, 11:48 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I do a cucumber, red onion, tomato and mozzarella salad drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar -- it's yummy. I use cukes and dip them in hummus. I LOVE THEM. Wish you could send some my way! There is a Japanese recipe for cukes in the recipe section as well.

Old 06-08-2004, 01:19 PM   #4  

Laurie, you beat me to the punch with the tzatziki recipe!
Old 06-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

LOL! Glad I'm not the only one who loves Tzatziki! I literally could eat it with a spoon! I had some for lunch today with leftover spicy chicken (from a phase 1 recipe...chopped up the leftover chicken and stuck it in the freezer) in a pita. It was fabulous! Of course, I now have garlic breath, but with no one in the office, who cares?

Jenn, that sounds delicious! And I never thought of dipping cucumber in hummus...that's a great idea!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:55 PM   #6  

Ok - I kept reading this thinking. Oh she must be having a party and needs cute recipes.

Darn - I was thinking of using cookie cutters and such.

You can tell that today is only Wednesday and I've worked more than 30 hours, and I took a 1/2 off for the ER thing.
Closed Thread