General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-06-2004, 04:01 AM   #1  

Default I am so glad to see a calorie club

I have an earlier thread about counting calories. I found it to gives me freedom. If I want something I figure it in with my daily total. I don't feel deprived at all. It takes seconds to add up your daily intake. I was so happy to see that I wasn't the only one that still like to count calories. I did WW before with the points. I felt the point system too broad. Your points depended on how much fiber and they really added up if you had protein or fat. I hated Atkins, because I feel fruit and veggies are so essential to good heatlh and felt like I was limited my intake of them for the sake of keeping the carbs low. After awhile, I didn't even add them to my daily total. I never have met a vegetable and fruit that made you fat. Also, I felt depressed and constipated and very limited doing Atkins. All four food groups aren't meant to be eaten for good health.
So it feels good to see fellow calorie counters. I have read articles about various plans and health officials say that calories still count no matter what the food source comes from. You can have 0 fat and consume thousands of calories. They are ton of foods that are fat free. A lot people think if something is fat free they can eat the whole box ( epecially fat free cookies,icecream etc..).
I would love to anyone share their views on this and maybe we can support one another with a "calorie counting club".

Suzie
suzie1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:28 AM   #2  

Oh I am soooooooo with you. Tried them both too, Atkins….I actually gained weight while I ate under 20 carbs……Meat and cheese AND alcohol are HIGH in calories……hmmm I wondered…what is wrong with this picture  so I joined WW online because I know it works. And it did, but figuring points was more complicated for the same results as counting calories. I feel like I have so much more control, because I have no “bad” foods. The world is my grocery store, I just have to keep it in control! And I can do that with calories!

Lily
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:35 AM   #3  

ITA, it does come down to calories. Calorie counting does allow for greater flexiblity in food choice.
dixiedog6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I am a HUGE advocate of counting calories.. My theory, if you watch your calorie intake, the fat and carbs will follow suit and remain minimal. I have had EXCELLENT success with counting calories and I can say that I am eating all food groups and not feeling deprived. Its truly a lifestyle change.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

The thread here on the general diet plans forum called "Doin' it the Old Fashioned Way" is a calorie counter club! Feel free to join us!
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote