South Beach Diet - Week End Chit Chat

View Full Version : Week End Chit Chat

little chick
06-05-2004, 07:24 AM
Morning chickies, it is a beautiful sunny day here. As you can see I am up early again. My own fault I guess, I slept last night from 7 til 10, got up for 3 hours went back to sleep from 5:30 til 6:30 and then woke up coughing again. I feel slightly better but still quite tired. My throat is not quite as sore but the cough is driving me crazy. ( Ellis I am going to the WalMart to look for the Buckleys :D ) Some how through this all I have managed to stay OP, but I did not do the treadmill yesterday. I may try later on depending on how I feel. We are off to the lake this afternoon to visit with DH father and stepmother. She and I are going to do some secondhand shopping and we are going to a new Bed and Bath store, I am also hoping to stop at a garden center as well. Hope you all have a great day. I will be back soon, may try to sleep again for an hour befoe I have to take dd to gymnastics.

Ruthxxx
06-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Good misty morning from Delta! The Girls came in sort of frosted with moisture and with wet paws, of course!

Little Chick, I've got a sore throat this morning. Did your stupid cold start that way? I will hie me to the next village to try for Buckley's too as recommended by Dr. Ellis. So silly to go all winter without a cold and then......

Holey Moley! There were 39 posts on yesterday's thread. Sorry I can't comment on each one but I DO read them all. We are a lively bunch with lots of enthusiasm and support.

We worked in the garden most of yesterday with just two breaks to return Lorraine's pots and to get some cow manure. Sarah made great strides on cleaning out the front bed. She is getting to the stage where she now recognizes weeds. Harry never did get to that stage - he's always have to ask! I got lots of work done in my herb rows behind the barn and got eggplant and cucumbers planted. We had one problem yesterday - some idiot knocked over one of the Village barrels with his car! We moved it back and replanted - the plants were OK.

A "few" :lol: things to do this morning: make dog food and hummer food, do two loads of laundry, polish silver and make kale soup. We are supposed to go to a surprise housewarming this afternoon but won't stay for dinner as I want to be at Lorraine's Greenhouse late in the afternoon for "leftovers". I've still not decided whether to keep the hedgehog I bought for a gift or give him away. He is so adorable! If I keep him, I need to shop for another gift this morning too!

I'd better get off my fluffy butt and start some of this stuff! I want to walk Hersh down for the paper when the store opens at 8.

Happy weekend!

jenne1017
06-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Morning ladies!

I too woke up with a sore throat! Little Chick? Are you speading your germies all over the world wide web??????

I jammed my finger at the gym last night. I also have people meeting here before the Harry Potter movie today. So that means cleaning! Should be interesting to do [like typing] with only 9 fingers.

OK, going to eat breakfast. I got on the scale this morning and was happy enough...1.5 more pounds until I am back at my lowest. Am changing the signature now...

Happy Sat!

jenne1017
06-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Oh and that Buckley's - tastes horrible! I remember actually crying trying to get it down. But it works. I was sick my first time on my own. My dad sent it to me. And I felt better the next day. So while I recommend the end result, I do NOT recommend the taste.

I am a firm believer now in that the worse it tastes, the better it works!

cottagebythesea
06-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
I am finally back, after about 2 weeks. I had MAJOR computer problems, which my dear SIL worked long and hard to straighten out for me. (Also got a lecture RE experimenting with things I know NOTHING about!) So here I am.
I've stayed OP and am extremely pleased with my results. I DID meet my goal for the May Challenge, and am ready for this month's. Other than that, I've been pretty busy with babysitting and gardening. My DIL's neighborhood was having a community yard sale today, so I've been loading up my car all week with things I wanted to get rid of, but it's raining cats and dogs so the sale has been cancelled. What a bummer! But I talked my Mom & Dad into having a sale next Sat. at their place (they have a garage and covered carport), so we won't have to worry about the weather. AND, I was able to unload all the stuff in my car there, so I won't have to lug it around with me all week. Yard sales are a hassle, but they are also a lot of fun. Still tho, I'd rather go to one than have one!
Only 4 more weeks til DH and I go on our annual vacation to the shore! We love it there, and it is our dream to retire there one day (thus, my username). Just thinking about vacation gives me enough incentive to stay OP!

Little Chick, I hope your cough is finally going away. I've never heard of those Buckley's tablets, but I hope we have them here in the states. The way Ellis raves about them I'd like to have them around for the next cold I get.

Kiko
06-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Little Chick It sounds like you need some serious rest! You are probably wearing your self down!

Cottage Where do you and DH vacation? We are going to the Outer Banks this summer for a week.

Heading to a baby shower here in a bit. It is a luncheon and I have no idea what will be served. Fortunately I am not hungry right now, so if it is not OP I will skip and eat lunch at home.

The scale finally moved this morning! Yippee!!!! :rollin:

RNMOM
06-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Sounds like sickness is rampant. Don't sneeze in my direction! Is this considered a computer virus?????????????

Stayed up until 0300 and the little grandsons were up at 0700. I feel like a stewed witch. (I don't know where that came from, but my mom always said that if she had been up all night) My oldest daughter arrived from Dallas TX last night about 0100 to see the family. We stayed up and talked. She brought me a bunch of clothes to take home. Stuff she's grown out of, but fit me. I'm not sure how I feel about Tommy Jeans, Ralph Lauren and Silver Tabs.....I'm 46 not 25, but it will be interesting to see what I do with them. I do need to let my hair down a little. The kids were all surprised to see me like this. The last time I saw them was 6 months ago. My son came to pick us up from the airport, we were waiting by the curb, he said he almost drove past us, until he saw his little sister. Didn't know who I was. Pretty funny.

Determined to be disciplined today. Cooking like a fiend, but not eating or tasting.

My daughter has lost a few pounds on SB and it shows. She says she feels better.

Well, the sun is shining and I'm counting down the hours until naptime for the boys.......... :D I know why I had my kids when I was young.........I feel ancient today.

Everyone get healthy! Eat whatever nasty stuff you gotta to get those germs gone. I recommend what RUTHXXX does, go dig in the dirt. It'll cure what ails ya.

RNMOM
06-05-2004, 12:41 PM
I really miss my scales

jenne1017
06-05-2004, 12:56 PM
I used the Buckley's syrup here in the states...

Natter
06-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Oh my, I sure hope everybody gets better soon. Harry Potter was wonderful, if a bit different from the others before. After, we went to an Italian restaurant, where we ate all OP, but shared among three of us a few bites of a lovely chocolate dessert. I'm glad we did -- had enough to satisfy, but no damage or guilt ;)

ellis
06-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Good lord. Don't get the syrup! Get the Buckley's CAPSULES!!! They have no flavour, and are much better working!
Back in a mo...

cottagebythesea
06-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Boy is it ever nasty outside! Cold and pouring rain! I got some sewing projects done, and read my latest romance novel for a while ( 2nd book of the trilogy "Key of Knowledge" by Nora Roberts), and put some sauce simmering for tonight's spagetti. I'm making it with ground turkey, olives, capers, mushrooms and spinach. It's pretty good on ww spagetti. On days when the weather is like this I get a strong urge to bake bread, but know if I make it, DH and I would probably gobble it up while it's still warm from the oven, so I'll resist the urge. I really do miss baking though, and the wonderful aroma that drifts through the house.

Kiko, DH and I vacation in Cape May, NJ. We try to get there as often as possible all through the year, and hope to move there permanently some day soon.

Natter, sounds like you had a really great time. I've learned, too, that I feel satisfied with just a bite or two of dessert, with no guilt! This Thurs. is my "girls nite out" and we're going to The Cheesecake Factory, so that should prove interesting.

Hope all you Chicks out there with sniffles and coughs keep your germs to yourself and get to feeling better soon.

JKJ618
06-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Happy Saturday Chickies,

I know it's been ages since I posted on the daily but I do read. I usually don't get here until the evening & it always seems too late to post. I'm relaxing in my comfy sweats right now... just too lazy to get dressed :dz:.

Woke up this morning not feeling too good. I guess the change of weather makes everyone sick. I feel like I can use another few more hours of sleep. Nothing is really on tap for this weekend. DH is working right now & I'm assuming it's busy because he was due home an hour ago. Saturday's are always busy at the shop. My best friend called to invite us over tonight. Gotta see if I'll be up to it though. She has three boys so it always seems louder than it really is (kinda like Grand Central Station at all times). I don't know how she does it... she doesn't even notice it :dizzy: .

I've stalled in Phase 2 so I'm thinking of going to Phase 1 next week. It might be a temporary stall so I'll wait the week out & go from there. I chose for my June challenge to cook more at home and I'm doing good with that. DH & I have cooked every night this week :cp: . We bought a new grill too so we'll be grilling every night.

Wow, I'm a talkative chick today. So I don't bore you anymore, let me get going. Have a great OP weekend & enjoy the beach!

ellis
06-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Little Chick, Ruth and Jenn, get better soon!! :grouphug: (geez, I hope you got the capsules...)

Cottage, welcome back!! That spaghetti sauce sound YUMMY!!

RNMom, you must have made a huge difference in your appearance!! That's wonderful! :hat:

Karen, I hope the babyshower goes well food-wise!

And Natter, good job staying OP at the Italian restaurant!!

Just got back from a lovely visit with Dad. He looks really good this morning. Well, as good as a dying man CAN look! :rofl: (I'm not being callous. I've already cried twice this morning, so it's time I laughed.)
I took him some magazines and some pot. He's having a nice afternoon. :D

Hugs to all... :grouphug:

cac
06-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is feeling better!

I have 3 1/2 days left on phase 1 and I am getting bored. I did not think I would. It is the lack of imagination.

I had good news on my blood presure it is done to 115/80. My Dr said if I lose 20 to 30 lbs she will take mw off the medication.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

cc

Kiko
06-05-2004, 04:45 PM
RNMOM A stewed witch?? :lol: I think my DH would like that phrase to describe some of my moods! Although my DD is 2 1/2, I am so used to getting ample sleep. We are planning on being pregnant by the end of this year and I am not looking forward to the sleep deprivation. Wish we would have had kids younger- I will be 36 in September. Oh well! It is what it is and I am thankful to be fertile. ;)

CC Have you been trying different recipes or finding time to cook? I am lucky enough to be on summer break, so have been cooking up a storm. It is realy helping me from getting bored and in a rut. I am on Phase 2 now and the only thing I have really added back in is fruit.

Cottage I am not a big bread eater, but DO love the smell of it baking!!

Ellis I am so glad that you had a nice visit with your dad. You aren't being callous at all......

Ruth Hope you are feeling okay!

No problem staying OP at the shower- it was a very nice luncheon. Caesar salad, a marinated chicken salad, tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella, and strawberries. I stayed away from the pasta salad, rolls, and cake. Yeah me! :) I find it much easier to stay OP on SBD than I ever did on WW. It is strange....

mom2kris
06-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Hello everyone :wave: I hope all of you who are under the weather are feeling better soon. We've had a busy day getting our fence finished and redoing a flower bed...but I've still managed to stay OP.

Has anyone been to Olive Garden? We are going to my neice's dance recital tomorrow and eating there after. What do they have that is OP? I figure the salad will be OK and I think I can pass up the breadsticks. Is there anything else that would be OP?

Kiko - I know what you mean about it being easier to stay on SBD and not cheat. It seems that I can usually find something and do OK.

Cottage - I need to have a garage sale soon and rid this house of clutter (or call Clean Sweep). Of course, I don't think anyone could ever have as much clutter as they show.

RNMOM - You are not too old to wear that stuff at all. Go for it!

Cac - good news on the BP

little chick
06-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi chickies. Just checking in. We had a great day. Went to the Walmart and found shoes for my sisters wedding and the were cute and a reasonable price. Ellis I also found the Buckley's tablets I am going to take them just before I go to bed. They only
had the nighttime ones so I got those I will be taking them soon so I will report in the morning on how they worked. We had a lovely day at the lake they sun was warm and it was lovely to sit out on the deck and look at the water. Then my DMIL and I went to a couple of second hand stores I got two skirts and one dress and one shirt. I got into a size 10 it was a little snug but I figure if I can lose a pound or two then it will fit perfectly. I am sorry to the chicks that I sent my germs to. Please forgive me. And Ruthie my started as a sore throat. I did so much talking today that I sound like a old hooker. Well chicks I am off to take my Buckleys and then I am going to try to get some sleep. Good night.

jenne1017
06-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better LC! Ellis -- I've only taken the syrup and it worked wonders...I am not that sick though so no syrup for me. Or tablets for that matter. Just a "when I wake up and go to bed" thing.

I am really tired -- hoping a friend calls tomorrow morning to help me put together my computer armoire that's been sitting in my living room for 4 months. Ugh.

Went to the gym by the way, but only had time to do a mini workout. AND bought the small popcorn [shared a tiny bit of it though]. Harry Potter 3 is my favorite of the books and the movie was great too. I questions a few things though -- if only JK was sitting right here...

Nite all

Ruthxxx
06-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Good Sunday morning, everychick!

I am hoping to make it to Church this AM and then am taking Miss Lucy to 4 Paws Inn for a bath and fluff. We are still working on having her feel comfy with Keith the Groomer so doing it a bit at a time! I think she is anti-male! She will get a fur-cut this Wednesday with Holly to get ready for her long-awaited breeding - if she ever is "ready"! Holly hugs and kisses and cuddles during the fur-styling so Lucy doesn't have a problem there.

Sarah comes for a few hours this afternoon and, once again, I will have her work on her own while I take my solitude out in the back garden! Easy BBQ supper with salad tonight!

I hope you all have a relaxing Sunday. :cofdate:

Kiko
06-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Morning ladies....

Just sipping on my morning coffee :coffee: I am sleepy this morning, but letting DH sleep in as he had 3 very long days at work. He is a chef, so is on his feet for 12 + hours at a stretch.

LC Glad to hear you had a great day and a size 10 to go along with it! ;)

Ruth I wish I had your green thumb!!!

Jenn I have never really gotten into Harry Potter. I have only read the first book, and that was years ago when I read it to my fifth graders. I really should try again.

After a perfectly OP day yesterday, dinner out and everything, I ate some junk before going to bed. :?: Don't know why I do this to myself! Grrr....

Not much planned for the day, we may go swimming at my in-laws, although I am not really in the mood for the in-laws! Doesn't seem fair to deprive them of seeing their grandchild just b/c they annoy me. :p

Have a great day...... I'll be back!

little chick
06-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Morning chickies, I am just getting out of bed. I still feel crappy but I can feel the cold starting to break. I took the Buckleys and did sleep better but they have left me feeling loopy this morning. So I guess it is back to the cough sryup and advil for me. Well chicks I must go finish breakfast check in later.

justjodi
06-06-2004, 10:51 AM
good morning everyone!!
well we went to see harry potter yesterday it was a really good movie, my dd tells me this one was directed by someone different so that accounts for the changes, i was so excited to see the trailer at the beginning for "the polar express" i started reading this book to my dd at her first Christmas and here we are 14 years later and they made it in to a movie i will be taking the kids to see that one for sure in nov!! it is a really great book makes me tear up everytime i read it (thats right i am that sensitive i can tear up at childrens lit).

i have managed to ruin my efforts everyday this weekend hopeful for today tho. i am adding cashews to the list of foods that i can not be trusted with :lol3:

little chick hope the med helped you a bit we have the sore throat thing running through the house here this weekend 4 down one to go!!

ellis- not at all callous glad you can still keep a sense of humor. let me get this straight you took him mags and pot?? :smoking: what a cool daughter you are. hang in there girlie.

kiko have fun swimming

cac great job with the bp hope it keeps down for ya!!

mom2kris olive garden salad should be fine maybe they have a grilled chicken you could order without the pasta side?? i don't know really good luck with your choices

ruth have a great day the bbq sounds great

jenn glad you had a good time at the movie, my dd read the book several times and did alot of explaining through the movie it was like having jk sitting next to me if you know what i mean??

well hello to everyone else hope you all have a great day!!!

ellis
06-06-2004, 12:13 PM
CC, that is GREAT about the medication!! That's the BEST!! :hat:

Kiko, my parents had me and my sister when they were 40/42. I swear we kept them young. ;) Congratulations on staying OP at the shower!!
Your husband is a CHEF!?!? You lucky girl, you!!

Marcie, enjoy your niece's recital!

Jenn, I love putting together those boxed furniture thingys. :D We often buy stuff at IKEA, and I'm an old hand at it.

Ruth, I swear Lucy and Hershey go to the "spa" more often than anyone else here! :lol3: Enjoy church... DH has just taken the kids, and I'm having some quiet time. ;)

Little Chick, I'm sorry those capsules made you feel odd. :( I really liked them because they helped me to sleep right through the night. Something I never do, even when I'm WELL! Get better soon, hon.

Jodi, I'm with you re: the childrens lit. What's that book called... "Love you forever..."? It always makes me tear up. Although when I think about it analytically, it makes me heave. :lol3:
Yes, we got Dad some pot for the pain. :lol: I've never tried any street drugs myself, but he expressed an interest, so...

How does a house with kids get so messy so damned fast! :mad: It looked BEAUTIFUL in here last week, and now there's stuff all over the place! And syrup on my keyboard!!

cottagebythesea
06-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Hey Everyone! Are they making "Polar Express" into a movie? That's one of my favorite children's books! I'll be sure to watch for it! And I can't even read "Love YOu Forever" without a box of tissues. I'm the same way when I buy greeting cards - it's almost embarrassing!
DH and I went to the garden center this morning just to pick up a few New Guinea Impatiens, and ended up spending a small fortune, as usual. They were having a special on perrenials that was too good to pass on, and we all know when you buy a perrenial you can't just buy one. We got some summer blooming delphinians and coreopsis and some other stuff I can't remember the names of. I hope the ground dries out enough this afternoon so I can get them all planted. Seems every year my gardens get bigger and bigger, pretty soon we'll hardly have any lawn to mow!

Ellis - I have been catching up on all the back threads I've missed, and am so very sorry to hear about your Dad. You must be a huge comfort to him, visiting him regularly and bringing him things. Can you buy pot legally in Canada? Wow.

Little Chick - You and I are about the same height and weight. I am able to wear size 10 and even some 8's now. Isn't it great?! Let's keep it up!

jenne1017
06-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Afternoon all/ Just ate lunch, feeling crappy. I am going to go lay down until 3 or so and head to the gym. I am supposed to go out tongiht but I don't think I am going to make it.

Ugh.

Hate to not respond personally, but my eyes want to shut!

ellis
06-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Thank you so much, Cottage. :grouphug: And no, we can't buy pot legally in Canada. ;) I have friends in low places. :lol3: (would you believe... a religion teacher?)