Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 03:42 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default hello.. again..

hello ladies. i posted in here once or twice before. i believe i was attempting the SBD at the time but also doing some research on the benefits of being a vegetarian. well needless to say the whole SBD thing didn't work out. im right back at that same weight. but this time im serious. it took something shocking to make it that way.. but here i am. and i am 100% commited to losing this weight. and im looking for some great people to share this journey with.

let me re-introduce myself. my name is wanda and i am 22 years old. i am married to ryan and have been since september 14, 2002. we have one child, a son.. his name is brayden and he was born on april 30th, 2003. that would make him 13 month or 1 year and 1 month. i live in sneads ferry, n. carolina.. which is right at jacksonville's back door. i am originally from upstate, new york (utica/new hartford). and moved down here to be with my husband. hmm what else.. im into body modifications and dying my hair. i have not done any bold colors yet though. i am also a huge music fan and listen to mostly metal and it's sub-genre's. i also do some graphic design on the side of my daily job of taking care of my son.

i think that is good for now. lol but if anyone should have any questions.. feel free to ask away. thanks.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome back Irish!

Did you decide to go with the vegetarian plan or do you have something else in mind?
Old 06-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #3  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Hi, Irish. what kind of body mod's are you into? i collect tattoos and am working on a full body suit. ( being married to my artist helps) right now i am boring ol' auburn red.but inside i yearn to be ronald mcdonald shoe red again.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #4  

mauvaisroux:
i would eventually love to make a 100% transition to all veggie's but i think i am going to make a slow transition. just because have eaten meat all my life and i know if i cut it out cold then it wont be something that will last for me. but eventually i do plan on making the whole transition. steaks and burgers i think will be the first to go.. they are the most fattening to me anyways.

blugirrl1:
i am more into piercings right now. just because i have not been able to find a tattoo that i love enough to have it put on my body for the rest of my life. but i am in search of something. i told hubby i want him to buy me my first by atleast this upcoming winter. lol
Old 06-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Irish, if you need help or ideas there is a veggie chicks forum with cookbook reccomendations, recipes, site reccomendations,etc.

If you start slowly by having one totally vegetarian day per week then increasing it to two etc. or by having 2 veggie dinner nights per week it may help ease into the transition it will also give you some time to research meat alternatives, find some recipes and make a plan for yourself so that you make sure you are getting the proper nutrition from your diet.

You usually end up experimenting a bit too - some vegetarian products are delicious and others are horrible. i.e. Soy chocolate milk for me YUM! but soy chocolate pudding for me - YUCK!
Old 06-08-2004, 01:34 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

There are also awesome vegetarian dishes at www.cookinglight.com and in the Cooking Light magazine. My DH loves meat or I would be making these almost every night! Also, try the Morningstar burgers and other goodies. They are fabulous. My favorites are the breakfast patties, tomato and basil pizza burgers, and spicy black bean burgers. I also love the mini corn dogs.

Last edited by beachgal; 06-08-2004 at 01:35 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 06-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #7  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

beachgal, those tomato, basil veggie burgers are the bomb. yum

Mauvais : you are so right i am having to transiition into it ( not for me, for families sake) slow going but is getting there. hubby loved the grilled portabella's that i made instead of steak the other night.

Irish. : it helps being married to your own artist.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:11 AM   #8  

thanks gals. those sounds like some great ideas.. i will have to try those out. what will be so hard is.. im going to be making this journey on my own. my husband would never give up meat. lol
Old 06-09-2004, 10:16 AM   #9  

beachgal.. where in upstate ny are you from?? i live in NC now but was born and raised my first 20 years in upstate ny. (im only just about 23) i lived in the utica/new hartford area.
Closed Thread