Old 06-03-2004, 07:45 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday Chat

It's a beautiful day out!!! The scale said I've lost ALL the weight I gained over the weekend. So far TOM has settled down (I'm speaking too soon I know cuz the cramps will be back I'm sure) and I feel GREAT!!!! Don't appreciate waking up at 5:00 raring to get out of bed though. I like my sleep in time (of 6:00 ). But hey, it's a GREAT day. The shorts from last year I just bought are now too big on me (instead of too tight like last year). So I'm figuring this weekend I'm going to have to get a couple new pairs of shorts. I think I need to take the pair I bought back---they're too big (I never took the tags off them. Was waiting for warm weather). Now it's ONWARD to dropping some more poundage. But I'm sure I'll be back to fighting to get the rest off.
Oh.....I don't think I'm getting my belly pierced after all. Heard it..um..gets in the way
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:45 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Oops. Forgot something

Karen I'm hoping you feel better soon!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:43 AM   #3  

Morning Brenda: Thanks for giving me the push to exercise last night. Felt good. A friend at work is going to loan me her Tae Bo tape. Hope I like it.
Glad you are feeling a little better. Doesn't it just suck being a girl sometimes? They just have NO idea!

I am slowly losing the "weekend" weight. This week will be a bust but that's ok. Onward to next week.

I have to tell you guys something I think is funny......I didn't take my measurements when I started. Took them kind of in the middle of things.....
But lately I keep noticing how thin my forearms look. Yes that right....my forearms. Of all the things to get excited about. I keep looking at them going "wow, these are thinner....look how thin they have gotten" I keep showing my husband and he just laughs. I am going to take new measurements this weekend and include my forearms since they seem to give me the most enjoyment
Now if I could just get my stomach to cooperate!!!!!!!!

Have a great day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:53 AM   #4  

Good Morning Everyone

Brenda I am sooooo happy for you!!! Way to go girl! You are doing great! And so glad that you are feeling better! Keep up the good work! I know you can do it!

Lennie: (from yesterday) We have had the names picked out for a while now. The boy name anyway. My hubby is a JR, so if it's a boy it will be Charles Thomas III. We are not agreeing on the girls name right now! But I told him that I get to pick out the girls name because the boy would be named after him! My mom's name was Linda, and she passed away almost 5 years ago... would like to name it after her. I like the name Lindy Grace (call her Grace or Gracie) But who knows lol As for finding out the sex...I want to...he don't. He says thats the one time in life you can be really surprised. He says only thing he wants to know is if there is more than 1 baby! (we have lots of twins in our family).

Well, I also woke up feeling good this morning! Got lots of rest yesterday afternoon, and I am hoping I will have more energy today. Am hoping the vitamins are finally kicking in! I am gonna try to start back walking this afternoon. I felt so much better when I did, and I have been a bit of a slacker the last few weeks! I stepped on the scales today for the first time in a week, and I am down 2 lbs. But those cravings havn't hit yet.. only thing I have craved so far is Watermelon, which I guess is better than chocolate and ice cream! Hope everyone has a great day, and I wanna thank every one for the well wishes and support!! And Star, I will be sure to keep the horror stories coming for you!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #5  

Jane Good Morning. You snuck in on me! Congrats on getting that exercise done last night! You sound like me with the forearms. That is one area that always seemed to shrink on me too. Heck, I dont' care what shrinks, as long as something does Hope you have a great day!
Old 06-03-2004, 08:57 AM   #6  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all

Of course I fell off the wagon last night. You see... it all started when.... the BF had to go over to one of his friend's to help him out with a couple things and also to get something fixed for work. So, I went along because there are kittens over there in the garage and I can happily keep myself entertained playing with those critters. Well, another buddy came over and we ended up shooting pop cans. Well, I shot a gun!!! AND.... I hit my can!!!! Woo hoo! So, what do I do? I drink a beer in celebration and we were all in good spirits so my one beer turned into 5 which, 3 is usually good enough to do me in. So then they were hungry and ordered pizza and I had 2 squares. I'm a bad bad girl. But, I shot a pop can!!!!

Brenda: Congrats on the shorts! At this point I still don't like the look of my legs so there will be little to NO shorts this summer. Also, what are these WATP tapes you keep talking about? I need something to do. Pilates aren't quite possible yet with my back being so messed up lately.... and the forest preserve is flooded so I have nowhere to walk and the friend that was storing my bike is mad at me and I'm pretty sure she's keeping my bike (grrr).

Jane: I didn't take my measurements before I started either and I could kick myself. Although, I've taken my waist measurement since and it wasn't pretty so I'm pretty glad I didn't take the beginning one. I probably would have fallen over!!!

Have a great day all! I've got a paper to peer review, some exercise to get done, and a job to find!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:59 AM   #7  
Total Sass Bucket

Mrs H. you snuck in on me!!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:10 AM   #8  

Shimma: I will let Brenda tell you too but I have the 2 mile WATP video and LOVE it. It is the only exercise tape that I continue to use. Now that the weather is nice I take my walk outside but I think you would really like it.

Mrs. H: What a nice name for a boy. I love regular boy names. Your choice for a girls name is wonderful too and I am sure your mother would be very pleased. I was named after my grandmother and have always held that in such regard. The name will end with me though.....maybe one of my neices will name a daughter after me.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:21 AM   #9  

Forgot to mention everyone. I am up for suggestions on the girls name. My mom was Linda Carol, and want something with one of those names (I kinda like Lindy for some reason) I also love the name Grace (don't know why) but hubby HATES that name! He likes Charlotte or Charlene but I have told him the girl WILL NOT be named after him. I think he is just joking with me anyway! His daddy is already calling the baby #3. He asks every day how #3 is doing...I always say SHE"S doing fine I Really dont' care if it's a boy or girl, just want a healthy baby!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:41 AM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Congrats! Glad you are feeling so great!

Jane: That weight will be off soon. Congrats on your thin forearms!

MrsH: I love the name, Lindy Grace. That is so cute! My friends just had a daughter named Lily Grace, which I really like, too.

Shimma: Congrats on hitting that pop can! That is cause for a celebration!

Well, I'm still crawling along with induction. Yesterday, I was craving something sweet, so I had too much jello and whipped cream and coffee. But, everything was still on induction, and I think I was still under 20 carbs for the day (I haven't tallied my food log yet). It's amazing how much I have to think now before I grab something to eat. I'd almost forgotten the induction allowable foods.

Congrats to all the exercisers! I faithfully get my walk in everyday, but I just can't seem to make myself do any form of strength training, and I really, really need to. I start something for awhile, but I never keep it up. I don't know what my deal is. It's gotten to the point that I think I'm going to have to join Curves or some place like that, just so I'll feel motivated/FORCED to do something! Argh.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday! The weekend is almost here again! Yay!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:25 AM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies~

well I am doing good, my carbs were great yesterday only 12.5 for the day, I am feelin' good in that dept. I have a scratchy throat but I am holding it off, lotsa Vit. C. The Cleansing is goin good too, and I haven't been stuck in the bathroom either!!
Gonna try to do a light workout today, still taking it easy on myself cause of the throat.

Lisa: Glad #3 is doing good!!! We used to call our sons when they were little "the fish" cause they are swimming around inside!!

B- glad you are doing better, congrats on the exercise!!! You too Jane that was great how you and B motivated yourselves yesterday.

Shimma congrats on the can!

Jina: you are doing good, at least you are walking, I need to get some exercise motivation!!!!!

Have a great LC day!!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning all!

I am feeling a bit better today! Alittle! I still am stuffy though! I want to get on the treadmill today!

Brenda - WTG on the Pounds gone! It was water.. SEE!!

Jane - LOL! i know what you mean about the forearms thing! I noticed that myself a few weeks ago. For me though the weirdest place to see it is my fingers and hands. my mother even though she is over weight by 40-50 pounds has always had thing hands and the veins sort of pop up on her hands. (she plays the piano and says that is why her hands are lean) Anyway, I have short stubby fingers of my dad's family.. BUT this last week, I have noticed that my hands are starting to look like my moms.. at least the thinness and the vein thing.. weird!

Mrs H - I must have missed your pregnancy announcement! CONGRATS!! It isnt all horror! I honestly miss being prego!

Shimma - Ok, so you felloff yesterday.. pick yourself up, dust off, and maintain your resolve! You can do it Girl! And get that job too!

Jina - I know how you feel about the weights. I go through spurts with it too some times. The thing that keeps me going with it though is that I notice my weight flys off once I gain some muscle. Although right now It isnt helping!!! But I am back on induction so we shall see!

TG - Im glad you are feeling better! I know that scratchy throat thing. I started that way! Echinacia and Vitamin C are my friends!

As for me, Time to get the kiddos off to school! Only 5 more full days and 2 1/2 days! WOO HOO! I am so ready for summer vacation!

After I drop them off, I am getting my nails done! I cannot wait. I have been wanting to do this for myself for the last 2 years. so.. should I do a French manicure or go with a color.. Im kind of in a pink or coral kind of mood.. something fresh for spring!

talk to you all later!!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Thank heaven for coffee!

Brenda - glad you're in a good mood today! And don't you worry about the belly piercing. I know plenty of people that have them and I can promise you that it doesn't get in their way!

Jane - that's too funny about your forearms! I've been noticing mine lately, too. Not how they look, but how I can grab this skin on them. It's a little creepy

Mrs H - Thanks for continuing to provide my birth control DH and I have had our boy and girl names picked out for years. Boy would be Teagan Allen and girl would be Jordan Joleen (JoJo). Anyway, I'm with Jina - I like Lindy Grace.

Rhonda - Was the pop can full or empty? When you shoot a full one, they spray all over the place. It's great fun! I was with you in spirit on the drinking last night. I think I ended up having 5 Jack and Diets.

Jina - Have you tried keeping weights by your couch? I keep a set of them right there so when I'm sitting down watching tv, it's absurdly convenient to do arm work.

TG - Fight it, girl! Fight it! Getting in a workout may actually help. It raises your temp. and that tends to kill bad stuff in you.

Karen - I'm voting for French!

Well, I'm officially down another pound. Wa-hooo! The weight comes off so much more slowly now, which I know is a good thing. But it's still exciting as all get-out to see that needle drop.

I ended up staying out at the bar all night and then getting into an intoxicated argument with DH. Ugh! Those are the worst! We just don't make a lot of sense in those instances. I didn't get to sleep until after 2 in the morning so I can promise you that 6 really hurt. So now I'm sitting here, all tired, with puffy eyes, downing full strength coffee. Bad, bad Star!

But, it's gorgeous out. DH and I are all made up and happy. I'm down a pound. Life is good
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Help!!! I can't seem to be good for more than a day. I have slacked off on my exercise/training AGAIN. I know you get to a comfortable weight and just want to "live it up". It's crazy!!! I don't know what I'm going to have to do to get motivated!!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:15 AM   #15  

Star: OH THE SKIN! I forgot about the skin. When I turn my arms just a certain way I have loose skin! Freaks me out!
Drunken fights are the worse....I usually feel like an *** the next day.
Congrats on another pound! You are almost there.

Karen: Skinny hands don't run in my family that is for sure....I lucked out and got long fingers but they are a ring size 7 1/2!!!!! My poor mom has little short stubby fingers...she hates it.
I say go for the french also....I have the french acrylic on mine that way I never have to do the polish...it stays and stays and stays.........

Theo'sgirl: I may have to get Brenda on your case about exercise! Worked for me I love my walks.....I procrastinate doing it but while I am out there I love it. I keep thinking about all the fat that is melting while I walk.

Jina: Ah the strength training....I started carrying glove weights with me on my walk and I do various different arm exercises....I sware that is how I got these skinny forearms! Seriously thought it has made a big difference.