Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-01-2004, 11:59 PM   #1  

Default me again with an question about urges

you guys i just got an invitation to a birthday party this weekend. i haven't seen this friend in a couple of months. i have easily put on 12 lbs since then and i immediately panicked about what people will think when they see me. my rational mind says no one pays as much attention as i do and even if they notice, it certainly won't be a big deal to her or anyone else i might see there. the irrational part of me started to count off the days until the party on saturday and figure out how i could lose the most pounds by then.....yikes - that old thinking which only sets me up for failure and stress and ultimately more eating.

what i will do is think both (A) long term -- good health and a balanced relationship with food not quick fixes and (B) short term -- don't think about the party on saturday until saturday. thanks for listening....need to acknowledge my feelings and come up with a plan. does it seem like a sound plan?

Last edited by misslily; 06-02-2004 at 08:56 AM.
misslily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like a good plan to me. And you're right - no one notices as much as you think they do.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:52 AM   #3  
Searching

Jenelle is right and you are right

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote