Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 03:42 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Weigh-In Thread for June

It's JUNE and that means bathing suits, shorts, sleeveless tops and lots of fun.
That also means we need to keep on our toes and stay OP.
I've noticed how much better my arms are looking now that I'm using 2.5 weights when I tone. I guess I do it 3 times a week.
Oh, I still have some flab but I don't mind wearing sleeveless tops now.

Hope everyone will weigh-in and post this month.
Tina
Old 06-03-2004, 08:13 AM   #2  

Good for you on the toning!!! I need to start using some weights too.

I was down .5 this morning. That's a total of 37. It is taking forever though. We leave for Michigan the 18th. I want to lose 3 more by then. 2 weeks. Can I do it?
Old 06-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Congratulations to Tammy---our first weigh-in this month!!!!! That's great that you are continually losing, no matter how much.

I got on my scales and immediately got off and hid them. I am thinking I might have water retention. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Who else got the nerve to weigh?????
Lynnie, girl, where are you???!!!!! We miss you.

It rained last night and isn't so hot this morning. I don't have any excuse for not exercising.
Tina
Old 06-03-2004, 08:23 PM   #4  

I'm happy tonight down 4.2 this week, I just haven't been hungry.
It was a good weigh in for me because it means I am now down 50 pounds from my highest weight. I really should start to do a few exercises, maybe get an elastic band exerciser or something. Try to hang in there ladies I'm pulling for you all.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:29 PM   #5  

Tina, I cracked up at the thought of you hiding the scales!!! Boy have I been there, done that!!!!!!!!!! I agree that you have water retention. So it's unanimous so far. lol

Mimi!!! 4.2 is totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to be hungry. How do you do it? You would think that maybe all of this medicine would do something about my eating, but no such luck. 50 pounds is awesome too!!! I'll be there someday!

I've been so weak, the only thing that I've managed to do lately is walk. I did get down on the floor the other night to do an exercise for my back. It hurt to get down there, it hurt while I was there, and it hurt to get back up. I don't think I'll be trying that one for a while. I have some small weights, so I really could do some exercises with those. I go to the chiropractor in the morning. I was there right after my family doctor started doing all of the blood tests. My lower back is out of whack again. I want it to feel better before we leave for Michigan.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:41 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Mimi, you are awesome!!!!! Keep on keeping on.

My birthday is next Wednesday, June 9th. I would absolutely love to be rid of 3 pounds by then. My fantastic husband has order me a white cake with white icing from the local bakery. Friends, I wish you could taste their cakes. They are definitely "to die for."
So.......I must lose 3 pounds so I can eat all my cake. he..he..he..
Old 06-04-2004, 06:42 AM   #7  

I'm so bad about remembering birthdays, anniversaries. Remind me to sing next Wed.!!!

Also, send me a piece of that cake!!! We used to have a bakery here in town that had delicious white cakes. The owner retired and didn't pass on the recipe. Bummer.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:16 PM   #8  
Susan

Hi guys,

Congratulations on all those who lost!!! Keep up the good work. I'm jealous but I plan on losing come late Sept.

Susan
Old 06-08-2004, 09:22 AM   #9  

I'm sure you will lose some weight in September Susan!!! lol you'll lose it and keep it at the same time.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:31 AM   #10  

Hi all!
I haven't lost any more than the 1.5 that I reported last Saturday. I still have until the 18th to lost another 1.5 pounds to make it 40 total. We leave for vacation that day, and that was my goal to hit -40 by then.

Hope all of you have good luck on the scales this week. Susan, I'm not talking about you. lol Just don't gain too much, OK?
Old 06-10-2004, 08:20 PM   #11  

Stayed the same this week, thats ok...............
Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Hi friends,
Staying the same is great!!!
Because of my birthday cake and all, I am forgoing my weigh-in this week. Can anyone blame me......

Tammy, keep at it and you'll lose a little more by the 18th.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:35 PM   #13  

LOL to Tina. I'm sure the cake and all was all very healthy for you. Yea, right!!!
Mimi, staying the same is OK. next week there will probably be a loss.

Now I have another "challenge". I meeting some friends in Chicago in 5 weeks. They've decided to have a challenge for the most weight lost or the most workouts by the time we go. The one who loses the challenge has to buy everyone a drink. lol I'll go to the bank and take out a loan before I go. I'm so slow at losing!!
Old 06-17-2004, 07:01 AM   #14  

Hi all. I am up a pound. So much for losing 40 by the 18th. Now I have 2 to lose by tomorrow. I probably won't weigh next week. After being on vacation, I don't think that I'll want to know. lol

Hope everyone else has a great weigh in.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:56 AM   #15  

GREAT NEWS!!! The pound that I was up yesterday is gone, and so is the other pound. I hit -40 and we leave for Michigan today. I am soooooo excited!!!!! I'll need to watch what I eat on vacation, but I'm not going to be too strict. I want to enjoy!!
Closed Thread