Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default first exercise thread for JUNE! 1-6

ok. sorry to be a day late. just too much memorial day fun!!!

how's the exercise going everyone????

two walks yesterday. one was a little more than 2 miles, the other was just about 2 miles. so a total of 4 miles. and so far today, no walk!!!!! probably later, after work. or maybe i could actually consider this to be a REST day??? what a concept!!!

no weights this weekend. just too darn busy!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:27 PM   #2  

Rest is a good thing Ms. Jif. I should take my own advice!

I worked out today (circuit training with weights) and took my 14 yo daughter with me. She's in much better shape than me or course, but I'm much stronger than she is. It was kinda nice being better than she is at SOMETHING!

I've been gardening my arse off and playing some softball too, so I've been fairly active. All this energy is just amazing!

Talk to y'all later,
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #3  
Hang In There

My water walking class changed to 8:00 AM instead of 9:00 and I thought I would stay for the next class. Everyone raves about this particular class, but I could only stand about 20 minutes of it. It was a stretch & flexiblity class and the played classical music and just "floated" through the water, and it made me so nervous I couldn 't stand it. I need more movement. I kept thinking of all the other things I could be doing, and wasn't getting anything out of it.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:07 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

but hey, barb. you tried it.. something different. and that's a great thing. another thing will come along, and you'll like it... i promise.

and i'm so proud of you, chickadeedeedear!!!!! you're doing great!!!

for me, i walked a little more than an hour.. it was very very pleasant. too tired for weights. and TOM showed up after a 4-month absence. why oh why can't it just STAY AWAY???? i'm plenty old enough to not have this ick anymore!!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:43 PM   #5  

Hey Jiff, Hey Barb, Hey Chickadee!!!!

I was going to take today off but then I got itchy to get on the treadmill. I want to do at least 21 miles this week and taking a day off just wouldn't work. So far I am at 8.96miles, 908 calories. I don't know if I am going to make it to the whole 21 but it is something to shoot for. I need a four mile day in there somewhere.

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:52 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

peachie.. what have you done with my sister??? this is NOT the same person of even two months ago!!!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:56 PM   #7  

your real sister is banging back buds at bob's bar.

it's an obsessive compulsive thing.

i don't know whick is gonna wear out first, me or the batteries in my cd player.

want to lay money down?

peach (or not)

ps...I miss Meg! Where's Meg? Did she go to bob's bar too? Bet she's drinking rolling rock.

Last edited by peach pit; 06-01-2004 at 09:59 PM.
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:43 PM   #8  
Meg

Default Huh? Did I Hear My Name? (hic)

Hey Peachie! I'm in New Mexico drinking margaritas (I'm really in NM but not drinking margaritas, though DD had something called a Poolside at dinner tonight that was BLUE and nasty ) Margaritas are the state drink for sure -- every restaurant has a signature one -- and the state food group is CARBS! Seriously, if you go out for NM food, not only do you get your burrito the size of a fireplace log, you get fried bread with a bottle of honey to drizzle on it.

I'm in awe of you and your treadmill! My treadmill time has been very limited for the past week due to general life . But it's back to reality on Thursday, which means back to the gym on Friday. And I'm counting on YOU, oh Fuzzy One, to kick my rear back into gear. I'll do a 21 mile week with you next week, OK? As long as you do some weights with me. Deal?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:17 PM   #9  
Hang In There

I've had my 6y/o grandson this week so I could not go to the health club. so I went back to my old standby stationary bike. I haven't been riding it much since I've been going to the club and doing the water exercises every day. But this little voice in the back of my head keeps reminding me that the doctor who replaced my knees told me I needed to ride it everyday for the rest of my life. My knee has hurt less this week than it's hurt in a long time. Think that doc my have known something?

Anyway I have been having fun with GS. We've been having Vacation Bible School at church this week and we do this thing with "theme rooms" where the adults act out bible stories in costumes, and for the first time ever "ole Alvin" is playing a part. We are doing the story of Jesus at 12 years old when he is left in the temple and he is one of the OLD MEN (scribes & pharasees) He looks good in his costume!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #10  

Hi all you exercisin' fools!
I'm just reporting in to say I'm still faithful to my exercise regime of circuit training with weights 3 times a week with another day of something cardio thrown in for good measure. I think it's getting to be a habit - will wonders never cease!

In rereading this thread, I just gotta ask - who is this Bud you were bangin' at the bar Peach? Does the DH know?

Chicka-liftin'-dee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote