Exercise! - Walk Away the Pounds - June Challenge

MichelleRae
06-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Hey girls lets see how much walking we can do this month!! Lets keep up the great work we had from last month!! I set a goal of 50 miles for this month for myself!

Michelle

cathyxxx
06-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Michelle and the rest of the WATP gang! :wave:

My goal for June is 40 miles.

This morning I did a 45 minute WATP tape with handweights.

So that's 3 miles today.

June = 3 miles

next?

jules02
06-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi Ladies!! Thanks for starting the new thread Michelle. My goal for the month is 45 miles. I also just wanted to say thanks for the motivation ladies!! Keep up the great work!!

Julie

Jazzmine
06-01-2004, 01:57 PM
I would love to join this challenge!! I do a 2 mile WATP tape almost every day. I am trying to make sure I do a 3 mile one once a week. My goal for June will be 60 miles.

MichelleRae
06-01-2004, 03:16 PM
I've got 4 miles for today so far but I'm waiting for hubby to finish repairing some scratches out of my dvd cuz it was skipping so I'm going to do another 2 miles.

Jules - Great to see you posting!! Keep up the good work!!

Cathy - 3 miles is a great start to the month!!

Jazz - Jump on in!! This is a fun group!!

Ok I'm off to do another 2 miles.

TTYL!
Michelle

mrs.beasley
06-01-2004, 03:42 PM
My goal for June is going to be 100 mi. -- if I walk at least 3mi./day and a few days with extra miles I should make it. At least I'm going to try.

So I guess I better get started. :dizzy:

MichelleRae
06-01-2004, 04:05 PM
2 more miles done today I've got 6 for June already!!

Wow Mrs Beasley!! What a goal!!

Michelle

KittyMilk
06-01-2004, 07:23 PM
My goal for June is 24 Miles. Today I've done the 1 mile tape :^:

mrs.beasley
06-01-2004, 09:24 PM
4 mi. this afternoon.
2 mi. this evening.

6 mi. for June.

Way to go everyone --- we're off to a great start. :D

KrisAtHome
06-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Oh, can I join you? I love my WATP DVDs. I am just starting out again so I will put my goal at 20 miles for June. I alternate riding my recumbent stationary bike and walking. Won't get bored that way, right? ;)

Minsoo's wife
06-02-2004, 03:14 AM
I am new to the community, but looking forward to the challenge. I will join you guys and commit to walking 50 miles using WATP dvd. My husband and I have started walking at the local school track in the evening.
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations about other work out videos that they find effective. I am really uncoordinated, but looking for something to work the abdominal section. I am the classic apple. :o
Thanks in advance.

MichelleRae
06-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Minsoo have you looked at Leslies Walk away the pounds ABs? I like WATP because it is really easy and not too dancy. So maybe you would like her abs video. she also has new yoga and pilates videos out you might wanna check those out. go to www.collagevideo.com and you can see a 60 second clip of the videos :)
Welcome to the group.
Michelle

cathyxxx
06-02-2004, 11:23 AM
This morning I did a 30 minute WATP 2 mile tape with weights.

June = 5 miles

next?

ras8779
06-02-2004, 01:41 PM
I want to join too! I love WATP. I use other videos too but I do 12 miles over the weekend. I do 4 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So I think I can make the 50 mile goal. This past weekend I did 10 but technically it wasn't June so yesterday I did a Denise workout and that was 30 minutes but I think I will only count the Leslie walks. I am really trying to lose about some weight about 30 lbs to be exact so I need allot of cardio! I might just do a Leslie walk tonight just to post some miles on here:D! I can only post on the week days because my computer at home is sick:(! But I find this keeps me motivated and moving. Thanks Michelle for starting us off:D!

MichelleRae
06-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the group Rose! Feel free to jump in.
Michelle

MichelleRae
06-02-2004, 04:02 PM
3 miles for me so far today! I plan on 2 more when I get home later tonight.
Keep it up girls!!!

Michelle

mrs.beasley
06-02-2004, 05:17 PM
4 mi. this morning.

Hope to get more in this evening. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold -- probably got it from my son when he had strep last week. :(

Oh well, maybe I can walk it off. ;)

10 mi. for the month.

jules02
06-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Walked 2 miles so far today. Hope to get in 3 miles in the morning. Have a great night ladies!!

Julie

cathyxxx
06-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Wow! everybody is doing great! glad to see so many posts!

Even tho I got to bed late last night, I drug my tired behind out of bed this morning and did a 30 minute WATP 2 mile tape with weights. I don't feel quite so tired now. ;)

June = 7 miles

next?

jules02
06-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone, well i did 2 miles yesterday and 1 today. I'm still waiting for my Leslie Pilates video to come in. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Julie

MichelleRae
06-05-2004, 12:36 AM
I did 5 miles today a 2 mile a one mile then another 2 mile :) 14 miles for the month already. I also did 20 minutes with the resistance bands. Keep up the good work everyone!!

cathyxxx
06-05-2004, 10:09 AM
4 mile WATP Express today.
:cp:
June = 11 miles

MichelleRae
06-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Another 5 mile day girl!! thats 19 for the month so far!! I also did 30 minutes of resistance training.
Keep up the good work!
Michelle

ellis
06-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi ladies! :wave: I hope you don't mind if I join in. I hadn't investigated the exercise forum before, and I'm impressed!!

I'm trying to get rid of a heel spur, so I'm going to aim for a moderate 1 mile a day right now. Hopefully the pain won't be too bad, and I can do more.

Good luck to all of you!! :lucky:

MichelleRae
06-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Yayyyy ellis!!! Jump on in we'd love to have you here!! Hey, progress is progress, even if its even a quarter mile a day!!

Michelle

MichelleRae
06-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Heyyyyy where is everyone??

Michelle

cathyxxx
06-06-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm taking today off Michelle.
But I will be up bright and early tomorrow and get in 2 miles.
Are you walking today?

ellis
06-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Michelle! :)
I played soccer for over an hour tonight, which I'm going to count as one mile. ;)

Jack-150
06-06-2004, 09:31 PM
My Dog Sam Sends a big loud WOOF TO ALL THE JUNE WALKERS- HE HEARS WALK AND GOES FOR HIS LEASH! He went splashing in the lake today and chased a fishing boat (a small one) There's a picture of Him and me at [url]www.3fatchicks.com/member-gallery/index.php from last year. He's bigger I'm smaller now!

MichelleRae
06-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Hi guys!!

Cathy - I took today off from walking today too but believe me girl I got a good workout in, I cleaned hotel rooms for my work today and I was sweating up a storm I cleaned rooms for 6 hours and I counted 1.5 hrs of it toward my exercise for the day.

Ellis - Way to go!! I would even go so far to count your soccer as 2.5 miles because the people who do equator trek count every 20 minutes of exercise as a mile!! Keep it up!!

Jack - Glad to hear you had a great walk!! Its great to have you here!!!

Have a wonderful evening guys!! I am planning 6 miles tomorrow! No resistance training cuz my arms are KILLING me lol but it feels good!!
Michelle

Hope2bhealthy
06-07-2004, 01:06 AM
I am jsut getting serious with walking and would love to join the challenge. My health depends on it

MichelleRae
06-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Welcome Hope!

We all get our exercise in using Walk Away the Pounds videos by Leslie Sansone! Do you have them? Which is your favorite? Are you currently on a healthy eating plan? I use South Beach as my new way of life and I love it! I hope you stick around so we can get to know you better.
Again welcome to 3FC!!
Michelle

jules02
06-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone!! It is so great to see our walking group grow. Welcome all new walkers!! My church had our annual festival this weekend and I helped out both Sat. and Sun. I'm exhausted. I counted 1 mile each day since I was doing alot of walking around. I am taking the day off but will get back in the swing of things first thing in the morning. I plan to at least get a 2 mile walk in. Have a great night everyone!!

julie

mrs.beasley
06-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Hi all,

I haven't posted in awhile because I haven't walked in 4 or 5 days. Boy is it going to be hard to get back into the habit. My husband surprised me with a romantic weekend out of town at a victorian bed and breakfast for our anniversary -- needless to say I didn't get much walking in. I'll be out of town this weekend also. Hopefully then I'll be able to get back on a schedule and work toward my goal --- maybe I shouldn't have been so optimistic huh?!!?

Looks like our walking group is growing -- that's great! Keep up all the good work everyone! :D

MichelleRae
06-08-2004, 02:06 AM
4 more miles for me today!! 23 for the month! I did 4 miles and 15 min floor toning and 15 min resistance training. Keep up the good work.

Mrs. Beasley: by the way what is your real name lol I always feel like I'm back in school talking to my teacher ;) I hope you had a great romantic weekend!! Some day my hubby will learn the art of romance but in the mean time I'll take him as he is! He's special in his own right ;)

Goodnight girls!!
Michelle

mrs.beasley
06-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Hi Michelle,

My real name is Vickie. It took my hubby 17 years to do something romantic so don't lose hope ;) -- and I think he had coaching from some friends of ours.

23 miles already! That's great!!!!!

cathyxxx
06-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Hey gang! :wave:

I've had 2 really late nights in a row (have I told yall that I have teenagers) so I was not able to get up and do WATP yesterday or this morning, and I am not too happy about it either! :mad: I am to the point that if anything messes up my exercise routine then I am not a happy camper. :nono:

But I just got back from walking 2 miles during lunch.

June = 13 miles

next?

cathyxxx
06-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Good Morning Gang! :wave: is everybody walking???

I was able to get to bed at 10 last night, so I got up at 5 this morning :cp: and did a 2 mile WATP w/weights and then some situps and tummy leg lifts!

June = 15 miles

next?

ellis
06-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Well, I haven't walked yet, but I just did 30 minutes on the bike and an hour of weights with my trainer!!
Good going, Cathy!!! :hat:

BTW, I posted this link in the pedometer thread. If anyone is interested, it's for charting your step progress... you can print it out.
I used it last year, and it really got my motivated.
http://lancaster.unl.edu/food/walk.pdf

cathyxxx
06-09-2004, 03:03 PM
wow ellis! an hour of weights with a trainer!
that's awesome! :cp:
are you sore girlie?
how long you been working out with weights?
I've been trying to do strength training 3 nights a week but just for 15 or 20 minutes at a time. wow!

ellis
06-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks, Cathy! :) I've been working out with him once a week since around March. He has me do 3 (1 hour sessions) days of cardio per week alternated with 3 days of weights.
The hour DOES include cool down stretches. ;)
It's REALLY hard for me to get to the gym 6 days a week (I'm lazy!), but it really motivates me having a trainer. Only thing is, I've only lost 6 pounds! waaaaaaaaahh!!
I know I'm building muscle, and the weight will eventually come off, but I'm VERY impatient!!!

PUERTO RICAN GODDESS
06-09-2004, 04:27 PM
well hello everyone:wave:
I really enjoy walking and would love to join.I dont do tapes but i walk at the local school track 2 miles a day. I am getting really comfortable and want to add 1 more mile a day or maybe only on weekends. If you guys allow me and accept me although it is already june 9th I aim for 40 miles.

Godd look to all!

MichelleRae
06-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey girls I havent done my work out yet but I'm going to do it when I get home, 4 miles and 30 minutes of strength/resistance training.

I'm glad to see that some of us are incorporating weights/strength training in to our programs!! Thats so wonderful and motivating!!

Ellis - I've recently bumped my workouts up to 1.5 hours a day and my scale hasn't moved the last week!! I made my hubby move it today so I can't find it lol. I know I'm building muscle but it is so frustrating to not see that scale move I know what you are feeling girl hang in there!!

Cathy - Keep up the great work!!! You are doing a wonderful job!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Welcome Puerto its great to have you here!!

Vickie - How you doing girl? Hanging in there? Can't wait to hear how you are doing!!

Well I'll post again after work, keep up the excellent work guys!!
Michelle

Jack-150
06-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Goddesses,
So cool to see you picking up on weights and resistance bands. They will move you along so much faster once you get into them. After a workout session with resistance Bands or a weight machine you will continue to burn calories at a much greater rate for the rest of the day.It's almost like staying at the gym for another two hours.Beloved Ellis if you knock off the bridge mix, 6 could be sixteen girl! :devil: Michelle Rae how long have you been working with the bands? And how much of your day is spent doing it? I'd be curious to see how many of you go to gyms regularly. I know we have some Curves girls out there- Do the trainers there incorporate weight training?

cathyxxx
06-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Goddesses...hmmm I like that name - thank you Jack!

I don't go to the gym. never have. have always worked out at home and walked my 2 mile block or the track at the park or the mall or used exercise videos - wherever I can get it in. I have 2 boys that are now teenagers and I have always had to work in my work outs to "home time". Now I have teenagers around my house all the time, and I still need to work it into my "home time". Also, honestly, I cannot afford to go to a gym. I'm not sure I would like working out around other people, but even so, I can't spend the money and I would be looking at more time out of my day in order to drive to one. I just have to do what works for me.

But you bring up a good question....and now you have me wondering how many do go to the gym to work out.

Michelle - can I ask you girlie - I thought you were at a stay at home mom - now you've got me wondering how in the world do you get so much exercise in each day since you are working mom, with 2 little ones and such a busy life? details girlie I need details! LOL do you ever sleep? hehe

jules02
06-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi everyone and welcome new walkers!! I finally received my Leslie Pilates video. It consists of pretty basic pilates moves. I've done it twice so far and like it. The video is 45 minutes long (15 minutes instruction, 15 minutes of matwork and 15 minutes of the "challenge" - this is the matwork with the use of a resistance band). I think I'll continue using my WATP tapes 5-6 times a week and add the 15 minute pilates "challenge" 2-3 times a week. I'm so glad to see everyone doing so well.
Cathy - 15 miles is great!!
Michelle - wow 23!!
Keep it up girls!!

julie

June miles = 11

cathyxxx
06-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Well since everybody is talking about strength training - I just did 20 minutes with hand weights when I got home. Now I'm gonna grill me a chicken breast with an onion and chow down. :hungry:

Julie - I'm so glad you finally got your tape in. thanks for letting us know about it. About the 15 minutes of instructions....so like once you figure out what you are doing, will you just skip that part and just do the 30 minutes of matwork and challenge?

Welcome all new walkers! Just jump right on in - we are glad to have ya!

Cathy

ellis
06-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Beloved Ellis if you knock off the bridge mix, 6 could be sixteen girl! :devil: duh! You got that right, Jack! :rofl:

Welcome, Goddess! :wave:

(Michelle, kick me if I say, "Welcome to the Beach!" :lol: )
Wow, an hour and a half a day!! You go, girl!! :hat:

Hi Julie! Thanks for the welcome!

Cathy, I think it's great that you work out at home! I'm a SAHM (my daughter is almost 15 and my son is 8), but I've never been able to keep to a regular schedule of exercising at home. I know what you mean about the money... it's just one more expense. My DH got a new job several years ago, and it boosted our income quite a bit. I NEVER thought I'd work out in public, but we got a family membership at the Y, and now I have a lot more confidence in myself. I DO wish I could work out at home, though... I really envy you your drive. :yes:

mrs.beasley
06-09-2004, 10:23 PM
I haven't walked since 6/2 -- so I finally made time to get a walk in today.

4 mi. today.
14 mi. for the month.

I will be heading out of town again for the weekend -- hope to hit the hotel treadmill each day. Will post on Monday -- I really need to get moving or I will never make my goal this month.

Have a great weekend everyone! :smug:

MichelleRae
06-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Hey girls!!

Ellis (said just like a valley girl) Like Oh my god!! I'm a sahm too!! lol geez I just crack myself up lol. uhhh hey welcome to the beach ;) We are addicts I swear!! I think I should be the poster child for south beach lol well when I hit goal anyway lol.

Ok girls I'm not walking AGAIN tonight I just got home from work and am finishing dinner right now and I know it won't settle enough for me to workout before bedtime but I think I'm going to get in at least 6 miles tomorrow, I feel like such a slacker but hey I can't help it lol Damn thyroid has been very sluggish lately and I don't drink caffeine so I just have to tough it out lol. I'm going to however get in 30 minutes of strength training tonight, I need to get my arms toned up nice so I can wear tank tops this summer! I haven't worn one in a year!! Hubby said they are starting to look nice!! Yayyyyy!! I had to have hubby hide the scale today to because I was getting ticked off that the number wasn't changing, but of course I've bumped my workouts up and doing more strength training so I bet its lean muscle mass!! Woo hoo!!

Ok I'm gonna finish my mashed cauliflower and go use my resistance bands, oohhh I forgot!! Me and DH have decided to get a cross bow exerciser in august!! I'm so wicked excited, I am gonna be so friggen buff ;)! LOL ok i really need to go before i keep having these delusions of grandeur! Have a great night ladies!!
Michelle

Lucia-1
06-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Hi Everyone!
I know it's almost midway through the month, but I'd love to join in the walking challenge. I joined the April one, but didn't do so well. I fell off the healthy lifestyle wagon for a bit :o but now I'm determined to get back on track!
So, my walking goal for the rest of this month is 30 miles. Achieving that will make me happy, anything above will be a bonus :D .
Will catch up with you tomorrow.
Lucia :flow1:

MichelleRae
06-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Welcome Lucia!!!! we would love to have you join our group!! Its great that you are getting back on the Exercise wagon! Chain that determination to your ankle so that it never leaves you again lol!

I will be walking today, after I get my housework done. I plan on 6 miles.
Michelle

cathyxxx
06-10-2004, 10:50 AM
I did a 2 mile WATP tape w/weights this morning. :cp:

June = 17 miles

next?

MichelleRae
06-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Cathy way to go girl!! I just finished 3 miles!! I'm off to do some resistance training now! Woo hoo I'm gonna get to wear a tank top this summer!!

Keep up the great work!!
Michelle

ellis
06-10-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi girls! Oh, hi Jack! :lol:

I did about 6 km today.

Welcome, Lucia!! :wave:

I was canvassing for the Green Party this evening with a skinny woman from up the street, and we had to climb four flights of stairs in an apartment building. (no big deal) She said to me, "Phew! Even I'M out of breath, and I'M in good shape!" aaaaaaaargh!!! How rude!!! :mad:

MichelleRae
06-10-2004, 11:44 PM
I got another 2 miles but did some more resistance training so I got in 2 hours of total exercise today!

Ellis - OMG!!! People like that totally enrage me!! I can't believe the nerve of that woman!! Karma baby its all about Karma and that girls got hers comin on a silver platter!! Way to go on the 6km, ok now how far is that miles wise lol

Michelle

ellis
06-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Thanks, Michelle. :lol3: I knew you'd say just the right thing.

Okay, it's about about 3 1/2 miles.

2 hours of exercising!? That's GREAT, girl!! :hat:

MichelleRae
06-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Woo hooo way to go on 3.5 miles!!! I know miles but not the km lol
Keep up the great work!!
Michelle

Lucia-1
06-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi Everyone!
Well, I've started off well, 1.5 miles this morning, plus lots of yard work, which I think of as a form of exercise.
Michelle - Thanks for the welcome, I've bought a heavy duty chain and that exercise wagon is never going to come unhitched again :lol3: .
Ellis - How rude of that woman! We all suffer little digs like that from insensitive people from time to time (although we shouldn't have to!) Keep up the great work, 6km is fantastic :cp: .
That's it from me for today, will catch up with you tomorrow.

cathyxxx
06-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Wow! everybody is doing great!
everybody keep up the good work!
:tread: :strong:

I did a 2 mile WATP tape w/weights this morning.

June = 19 miles

next?

Jack-150
06-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Cathy,
You are tearing it up lady. Pound those weights. Rainy day in SW Pennsylvania. Good for Tomatoes. Bad for biking. Jogged 5 miles- soaked to bone. Biked to store 5:30 AM for fresh strawberries. If rain lets up Sam the wonder dog will get 6 mile walk later. He has a lot of puppy left in him and if he's tired he doesn't chew Pat's shoes.

MichelleRae
06-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Wow you are all doing wonderful!! I am planning 4 miles and an hour of weight training I've bumped my exercise up a bit from last month and feeling pretty good!

Jack - You are so active!! I would be but I don't have the time with 2 small children but 2 hours a day is better than nothing at all! My dh and I are buying a cross bow platinum trainer in august I'm gonna get some wonderful workouts!! I can't wait!!

I'll be back later to post my mileage.
Take care
Michelle

DonnaD
06-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can jump in even though we are 11 days into the month but I've been going steady for a couple of months and the weight loss has been minimal and I get bummed and want to quit. I'm hoping checking in here will keep me motivated since I'm not losing. Actually, if I miss more than 2 days I really do miss the exercise and that's something I thought I'd never say. I've got about 29.5 miles in this month. A combination of the WATP 3ml
and the :tread: and walks on the trails after work. I have also been to the gym to do the weight machines (similar to curves without the walking in between) about 4 times this month. It would be more, but when the weather is nice we like to walk the trails. Since I've already done almost 30 this month I will set my goal at 75. I forgot to add this mornings 3mile so actually 32.5
It sounds like so much for a person who's not losing. I eat too much at night and take alot of meds that interfere. But I figure it's beneficial no matter what. I read back to the beginning of the thread and everyone is doing so well. Well, I look forward to more posts. Learn something new all the time.
ttyl :D

MichelleRae
06-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Hey donna welcome to the group!! Looks like you are doing good!

Well girls, and Jack ;) I did 4 miles today and I have an hour of resistance training scheduled. Hope you are all well!!
Keep up the good work!
Michelle

mrs.beasley
06-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Last time I posted I said I would be out of town for the weekend. Well, we left on Thur. afternoon and got back late Fri. night -- my son broke out in chicken pox :( and we had to end the weekend rather abruptly.

So looks like I'll be able to watp between oatmeal baths and covering him in calamine lotion.

Have a good weekend all! :)

MichelleRae
06-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Vickie - Sorry to hear your weekend got cut short but on the good side you'll be able to walk lol ;) Poor guy. How old is he? I don't have any clue what age to expect my girls getting chicken pox lol.

Have a good night!
Michelle

yoyogirl
06-12-2004, 02:26 AM
If you run out of calamine lotion. Baking soda paste works wonders to stop the itch.

ellis
06-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Wow, it's HOPPING in here!!

Thanks for the supportive words, Lucia. :) And congratulations on the exercise! Yard work counts! It really works muscles we don't normally use. :yes:

Michelle... a cross-bow trainer! How cool! :smoking:

Welcome, Donna! (I think I know you... you sound familiar. South Beach? Alternachicks? :) )

Vicki, I hope your little love is feeling better soon. :( Oatmeal baths are GREAT! :yes:
Both of our children had what looked like chicken pox when they were young (at different times), but they had it very mildly and for only about 2 or 3 days. I have no idea if that's what they really had, but I HOPE so!

Cathy and Jack, keep it up, you exercise fiends, you!! :hat:

Oh. I forgot about me... I did about 4 miles yesterday. :)

mrs.beasley
06-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
My son is 10 yrs. old so at least he's old enough to understand not to scratch. He's had an oatmeal bath and is covered in calamine lotion and just took some benadryl -- he should be sound asleep soon.

We were planning on getting the chicken pox immunization in the next couple of weeks -- oh well! ;)

Michelle -- congratulations on becoming a moderator. You'll do a great job -- I'm sure.

Good day all!

MichelleRae
06-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks so much Vickie!!!

Aww the poor darlin must just be dying for a good back scratch ;) that benedryl will knock anyone out lol I get benedryl and imitrex IV drips when I get a migraine and they just knock me on my butt lol. Well I guess you need not be bothered with the immunization now lol.

Have a great day :)
Michelle

cathyxxx
06-12-2004, 03:16 PM
I cleaned house for 6 hours today, so no WATP, it is all I can do to stay on my feet for that long. Hopefully I will get in a walk tomorrow.

Michelle - CONGRATS on Moderator! that's awesome!

Jack-150
06-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I cleaned house for 6 hours today, so no WATP, it is all I can do to stay on my feet for that long. Hopefully I will get in a walk tomorrow.

Michelle - CONGRATS on Moderator! that's awesome!Cathy If you would have moved your TV you'd have done your weights too!

cathyxxx
06-12-2004, 04:59 PM
LOL Jack! if moving my tv counted as weights I would move that thing every day! LOL that would be so much easier then 2 sets of 15s or 3 sets of 10s LOL

Jack do you ever take a day off from exercise or do you exercise every day?

Jack-150
06-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Louisiana Lady,
I take Sundays off from lifting but I do cardio every day, most days twice a day to keep 51 year old metabolism revved. I have a standing heart rate of 36 and I need to burn fat. BP is 108/64 Recovery time from 145 beats per minute to standing rate is 2:20. Kinda Freakish! Doctors scratch their head. Knock wood but arteries are "pristine".One told me I'd live to pay my bills. Bummer! :lol:

DonnaD
06-13-2004, 12:19 PM
good morning guy and gals :coffee:

Have a banger of a headache. Was up until 3am. when dh is away I don't sleep well. The headache started then and I woke up with it. Only did 1 mile
on the :tread: I'd much rather do WATP, because I hate the tread, but knew I wouldn't be able to today. 1mile is better than none. If I feel better later maybe I try something else

Vicky, Hope the little guy feels more comfortable soon. Yrs ago when my oldest was 9 he got them and like clock work, 2wks later the 5 yr old and 2 wks later the 4 yr old. The pox get worse with each case and the little one looked horrible. In his ears, mouth...everywhere. Poor kid was miserable.

Michelle, Congrats :cp:

Ellis, Yeah, I'm hooked on Scotch and Humor.

Cathy, If I ever did 6 hrs of cleaning in my house(which is not well maintained, I hate cleaning) I'd probably find Jimmy Hoffa. :lol:

Jack, I've got a lot to lose and I'm afraid to work with weights. But I think its great what it's done for you. Maybe some day. When I was younger and thinner I tried a trial membership at a gym and loved lifting, but that was only 10 days and a lot of yrs and POUNDS ago.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. ttyl :D

cathyxxx
06-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Good Morning Gang! :wave:

I did a 45 minute 3 mile WATP tape w/weights this mornings (and then some situps too). So that is 3 more miles.

June = 22 miles :tread:

Donna - I sure hope your headache gets better! It is so hard to exercise when you have a headache! I'm proud of you for doing a mile like that!

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

Cathy

MichelleRae
06-13-2004, 07:39 PM
You are all doing wonderful!!! Keep up the hard work!!! No WATP for me today but I cleaned for 7 hours straight and I'm counting 1.5 hours of it for my exercise for today.

Donna - hope you are feeling better!

Cathy - Girl you are slammin!! Keep it up!!

Michelle

Lucia-1
06-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi Everyone,
Have just been catching up with the posts, and I can see you are exercising like crazy, well done!
I now have a total of 3 miles (better get my feet moving if I'm going to achieve my goal of 30 for the month :) ), but am also doing quite a bit of outdoor work which involves digging and lifting, so I'm thinking that will help burn some fat also :crossed: .
Will catch up with you soon,

cathyxxx
06-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Gang!

I did another 30 minute 2 mile WATP tape w/weights this morning!

that makes 24 miles for June.

next?

jules02
06-14-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm so happy to see our group growing. Keep it up ya'll!! I did 2 miles Friday, 1 Saturday and took off Sunday. I'm going to do 2-3 miles tonight. I'm also gonna do Leslie's 15 minute pilates challenge. Have a great night everyone and welcome new walkers!!

Julie

DonnaD
06-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone. Feeling alot better. Thanks for the well wishes.

3 mile WATP this morning and 45min on the weight machines at the gym after work.
36.5 miles so far.....

Hope everyone is well!

cathyxxx
06-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Good Morning Gang!

that makes 26 miles for June.

next?

MichelleRae
06-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Good Morning Cathy!! I'm going to cut out some of my watp cuz I'm going to try the body for life 12 week challenge! Care to join me? Anyone? I got my book at the library and it seems like a pretty neat program.

Everyone Have a great day and Keep up the great work!!

Oh by the way keep an eye out starting next week we'll be having a weekly spotlight "target area" featuring a simple workout targeting some of the spots that we all tend to have trouble with!

Michelle

cathyxxx
06-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey Michelle - can you tell us a little about the Body for Life 12 week challenge or post a website to check it out?

I'm gonna keep doing the WATP, I love them, but I have started using the hand weights thru out the WHOLE workout in order to keep my heart rate up like it should be. I guess you're making progress when the workout gets easier and easier! Just wish I would make some downward progress on my scales! *sigh*

MichelleRae
06-15-2004, 12:17 PM
www.bodyforlife.com

Cathy it pushes you to your limits and although I just started the book let me see if I can kind of sum it up:

well you'll alternate days of aerobics with days of lifting.
Now the aerobics are 20 minute sessions where you will start out at your level 5 intensity and maintain it for 2 minutes then you'll go to a level 6 maintain for a minute, level seven for a minute, level 8 for a minute and level 9 for a minute then you'll go all the way back down to a 6 and work your way up again, but the 18 and 19th minute you are working to get to a level 10 intensity (for you, since everyone is different, their intensity levels will be different)

Now the weights, you'll start out your exercises at a level 5 intensity again and you'll do your set of 12 (i think) and then you'll go up to a level 6 intensity and do 10 rep then level 7 and do 8 reps and then level 8 and do 6 reps.

Thats about as far as I got in the book but I'll fill you in as I learn more :)

Cathy - What eating plan are you following? I know you have hypothyroid too, and I am doing South beach and it has been wonderful!! Lots and lots of good healthy food! Maybe you want to look into something a little different :)

Michelle

cathyxxx
06-15-2004, 12:40 PM
Michelle - thanks so much for explaining this!

My eating plan - I am counting calories (remember that I have a low thyroid) - I try to keep my calories around 1200, some days less, some days more, I don't eat bad carbs, only a few good ones, am drinking over 100 oz of water. I would say the plan I follow is very close to Sugar Busters and/or South Beach.

I did Akins a few months ago and gained 4 lbs in 6 weeks (which I am still fighting to get off) even tho I keep the carbs around 20 grams a day, it was just too many calories for me I guess. No matter what I do the calories really matter.

Year before I did Weight Watchers for 6 months. I only lost 3 lbs in those 6 months and like to have drove myself nuts. I love ww and my ww leader did everything to try to help me, but no matter what we did I could not lose weight, and at $11 a week for the meetings, I just could not keep paying to go to the meetings and decided it was just easier to count calories rather then points.

I try to follow Mary Shomon's "Thyroid Diet Success Guide" for people with low thyroid, which is basically:
2 servings of protein
3 servings of veggies (or more)
1 serving of fruit (she wants you to have 3 but I'm beginning to think that I am insulin resistant and that the sugar in the fruit is messing with me)
2 servings of good carb
1 serving good fat
1 serving low fat dairy
64+ oz water (I keep it above 100 oz)

A lot of people think I am eating too few calories, but if I eat 1400 or more I gain weight, and I find that to be the case for a lot of people with low thyroid. I have always had a hard time losing weight, but now I can't seem to lose at all. It is very discouraging but I cannot give up. If nothing else, I have to eat healthy and exercise and drink water to stay healthy. Just wish I could lose some weight along the way.

BTW, I am 5' 3 1/2", 207 lbs today, and 44 years old, so yep, I'm definitely overweight - it is not a figment of my imagination. :(

any ideas?

If you would like, you can see my weekly food log on the Depression Boards. I am not always perfect, but I am honest about what I eat and post it there.

thanks for talking with me Michelle!

hugs,
cathy

MichelleRae
06-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Cathy - Girl I wish you lived close to me we could work together on this as we both seem to have the same problems. The south beach has helped me so much in my eating habits and to lose some weight along the way. I have fewer sluggish feeling days too. Also I'm the same as you that if I eat more than 1200 calories a day I gain weight and often I eat about 900-1000 and stay under 30 grams of fat, I don't really worry about carbs because I eat only good carbs from fruit and veggies and whole grains, I do however limit my grains. I also drink a gallon of water a day AT LEAST (128 oz) it helps alot. You very well could be insulin resistant, have you asked your doctor to check you for it? Another thing I'm going to mention, but keep in mind its a very personal decision, some people are very against it, but have you looked into weight loss meds? As you may know I'm on Meridia and it helps give me that little extra boost that I need. As with any medicine I suggest you talk to your doctor first :) It is expensive but some insurance companies will cover it. You also already know, that us people with metabolic resistance definately need to keep exercising to boost our metabolism! You may want to look into going to a sports consignment shop and seeing if you can get a good deal on a decent home weight system I bet you will see some changes really quick :)

Cathy you know that anytime you need to talk I'm here for you! And don't put yourself down hun, none of us are perfect, but you know what? At least you are working on it and I applaud you for that! Keep up the good work! I'm here for you!
Michelle

cathyxxx
06-15-2004, 03:21 PM
Michelle, again thanks for talking to me about this jazz!

I am not against diet pills at all. Good or bad, I have been on and off of them for years. Having low thyroid I find they help speed up my metabolism a little, give me the extra energy I need to get thru the day, and help me eat as few calories as possible. I have never tried Meridia bec of the expense - we have no insurance - but I usually take Phentermine. I also took those last year for 6 months and lost nothing while taking them (ain't I the strangest thing you have ever head of) so I just could not see continueing the expense without any weightloss. I am proud to say that I have not taken any diet pills since before Christmas tho, so I have been off of them a long time. Believe me it constantly stays in the back of my mind that I would probably "do better" on diet pills, but I just figure by this age, I probably need to try to do this without them.

I know that a lot of people with low thyroid take them for the same reasons - to increase their metabolism, eat few calories and increase their energy.

I see my doc again in July so I will take to him at that time about insulin resistance, etc.

I will continue to press on! :dizzy:

thanks again,
cathy

jules02
06-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Cathy and Michelle - it's great to see such wonderful support on this thread. Drinking over 100 oz. of water is great - i thought i was doing ok with my minimum of 64 oz. a day. lol I am loving my Leslie Pilates video. I did 2 miles this morning and added the 15 minute pilates challenge at the end. I really need to get these "thunder thighs" in shape. lol I would like to start bumping up my workout to at least 3 miles and the 15 min. pilates workout. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good arm exercise?? Hope you all have a great night!!

Julie

mrs.beasley
06-15-2004, 11:00 PM
4 mi. today.

18 mi. for the month. At this rate I'll never make my goal this month. :(

I was losing weight just about every week then hit a plateau and have only been able to lose maybe 5 lbs. since then. I wonder if I need to find a new exercise program -- add something to the walking and biking that I do. On the watp tapes, Leslie says that the body can get too efficient and no longer burn calories. I think that's my problem -- or at least it was before I got discouraged and started eating stuff I shouldn't be.

Cathy -- I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and put on Metformin and it has really helped me to have more energy and it's acted as an appetite suppressant. It may help you if you have insulin resistance --- just a thought.

Have a goodnight all! :) Vickie

MichelleRae
06-16-2004, 12:22 AM
You girls are all so great!!

Jules - I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your pilates videos. I picked up a video at the library called fat burning workout for dummies! I am ordering my cross bow on friday so I'm going to try the fat burning workout for a little bit.

Vickie - Yep that is exactly why I am switching my workout routine around :) I read that you really should vary your workouts and switch it up every 6 weeks. So I'm going to try the high intensity aerobics along with resistance bands and dumb bells while waiting for my crossbow to arrive!

Cathy - Hang in there girl!! I know that us people who are metabolically challenged have such a hard time with the weight thing but you are already getting healthier just by doing the walk aerobics!! Keep it up girly you could have just stalled out :)

Keep it up guys!!
Michelle

DonnaD
06-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Hi all.

This morning 3ml WATP video. months total 39.5 Nothing this afternoon though. Just didn't have the energy. The high humidity is zapping me.

Good luck tomorrow.

cathyxxx
06-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Good Morning Gang!

I used 3 lb weights thru the whole workout, start to finish, to bump up my heart rate.

that makes 28 miles for June.

next?

MichelleRae
06-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Woohoo keep it up Cathy!! You are such an inspiration!!

Michelle

jules02
06-16-2004, 03:24 PM
I was in a rush this morning so I did 1 mile and the 15 min. pilates challenge. Keep up the great work ladies!!

Julie

DonnaD
06-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Not a good day. Alarm didn't go off, no time to exercise this morning. Got stuck in traffic(a road buckled) and could make it to afternoon exercise. On top of that, work was absolutely horrendous today. I'm going to cook, clean up and call it a day.

cathyxxx
06-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Hey Donna - some days are just like that huh! sorry! sometimes it's best to just call it a day like you said! tomorrow is another day.

I have to wait up late tonight on teenagers so I probably won't be able to get up early and exercise but we will see.

Sometimes all you can do is all you can do.

hugs,
cathy

Jack-150
06-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Donna and Cathy, I work out around the same time most days and the same people are generally there. Today it was nasty there and this one guy was really laboring, sucking wind, dragging, barely making it,then some body turned the TV down or a commercial went off or something and we heard the Grateful Dead on the radio singing -"Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings". We just grinned and he hung it up and said see ya tomorrow! You gotta know when to hold em know when to fold em! Donna have a brighter tomorrow! :cool:

DonnaD
06-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Thanks you guys :grouphug:

jules02
06-17-2004, 03:16 PM
I did another 1 mile and 15 min. pilates workout. Hang in there Donna!!

Julie

DonnaD
06-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Hi everyone. Another rough day today. Managed to do the 3ml WATP this morning, but I've been having problems with my back the last week or so and this morning I felt it during the workout. My left side and down my left leg.
Going to see the chiropracter tomorrow afternoon. I can't afford to miss too much exercise. Too easy to break a good habit. Total so far this month 42.5

Hope everyone is well. ttyl :D

cathyxxx
06-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Good Morning Gang!

Wow Donna if you can do 3 miles on a "rough day" well then girlie you are just ALL RIGHT! :cp:

I had another late night with teenagers so I did not get up this morning *sigh* but I will make up for it tomorrow.

DonnaD
06-19-2004, 02:26 AM
Well, wasn't able to do the WATP at all today. The pain in my lower back shot right down my leg. I finally went to the chiropractor and he said if the WATP is causing pain, I should lay off a couple of days. I'm going to try the :tread: ugh! Hopefully it won't hurt and I can do that while I try to work out this problem.

So I'm still at 42.5

But down another 2lbs. That's 4lbs this week. woo hoo!

Have a great weekend !!!

MichelleRae
06-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Keep up all the hard work you guys!!

Michelle

cathyxxx
06-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Donna, so sorry about your back but so glad about the weightloss! that is awesome! :cheer:

I did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP express tape this morning.

That makes 32 miles for June!

Michelle, can you tell us about your new workouts? what you are doing? and how you like them?

DonnaD
06-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone,

Well, I did 1.5mls on the dreaded :tread: and it took me 30 mins sweating like a pig. It didn't seem to bother my back or leg so it looks as if I don't have an excuse to not exercise. Here's a question for you experienced? I do WATP for 45 mins, it's 3mls and I do think my heart rate is up and I work up a sweat. On the treadmill, I go for 30 mins and only go 1.5 miles and the sweat literally pours off of me and I can barely go the 30 mins. Can WATP be acurate in it's claim of a 15 min mile? I wonder sometimes.

Well, my new total is 44mls.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. ttyl :D

mrs.beasley
06-20-2004, 03:20 PM
3 mi. this morning.

21 mi. for the month. Kinda depressed because there's no way I will make my goal for the month --- unfortunately life has managed to get in the way. :(

Donna -- I was wondering the same thing about the watp tapes the last time I did my walking on the treadmill. It seemed sooooo much harder on the treadmill and took forever. I tried to wear my pedometer while doing watp but it's too much movement and the pedometer wasn't able to keep up with it (which the instructions said would happen when power walking).

Oh well, I think I will try doing a little of both the rest of the month and see if it helps move the scale. I would like to lose 5 more pounds before my dr. appt. in a month.

Hope you all are having a great weekend! :D

cathyxxx
06-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Well I'm anxious to hear what everyone has to say about the difference from walking on a treadmill, or walking around a track or walking with WATP.

All I know is, the few times I have tried walking on a treadmill it seemed so much harder (and longer and more boring which might be why it felt harder) on the treadmill then it did compared to regular walking. I always heard that a mile was harder on a treadmill then just plain walking, but I don't know why that is.

interesting topic!

cathyxxx
06-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Hey ms beasley! I'm sorry you're not gonna make your walking goal this month! I had to go back to the first page to see what you goal was. dang girlie - 100 miles in a month - that's a lot of miles! you are right - life gets in the way - I mean seems like you wouldn't be able to do much else if you were to walk 100 miles in a month.

I would like to suggest that you not focus on missing that goal this month, but maybe focus on the number of POUNDS you have already LOST - which I see is 43 - WOW! and the number of miles that you HAVE walked - 21 miles! that is still great!

Let's all just keep on truckin - I mean walkin! ;)

hugs,
cathy

DonnaD
06-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi all, I asked my son who worked at a gym for yrs and also was a certified personal trainer(with absolutely no interest in training his mother) and he said he doesn't know whether or not WATP is accurate in stating it's 3mls or not, but he said the reason the treadmill is more strenuous then walking on the ground is that it is a constant steady pace and when walking on the ground your pace varies slightly even though you may not realize it. I noticed when I walk alone on a track,even though it's flat, I get a better work out then when we are on the trails talking as we walk. Maybe because its flat you keep a steadier pace like the treadmill. I don't know, just a thought. What I do know is that dreaded :tread: kicks my butt.

Jack, where are you? You could probably shed some light on this.

MichelleRae
06-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey girls!!!

I just had my weigh in today, and I was down 2 more lbs!! I hit my 30 lb mark today!! Yayyyy!!

I'm still doing weights and more dance cardio, its fun, and I get my kids involved They absolutely love it!!

You are all doing wonderfully!!

I've also wondered about whether the watp were accurate in counting the miles I'm going to try and figure it out and see what I can find.
Have a good night girls!!
Michelle

DonnaD
06-20-2004, 11:16 PM
:cheer: You go Michelle. 30lbs! That's wonderful!

You've sure worked for it. You must feel great :cp:

I look at your minutes and miles and I am so impressed. I don't know how you find the time. Congrats!!!

cathyxxx
06-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Wow Michelle - 30 lbs gone is AWESOME! :cp: :cheer: :dance:
YOU GO GIRL!

It was hard to get up early this Monday morning, but I did it anyway :cp: and did another 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/handweights from start to finish so that I can keep that heartrate up.

June = 34 miles

next?

aphrodeia
06-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm late! Well, there's still a few days to go to the month, so I'll jump on the bandwagon and say I'm going to do 10 pounds in the rest of June!

It feels so good to get motivated again.... I started here in April, did a WATP challenge that month, and disappeared! :o Now I'm back and it's time to give it another shot.

Hope to check in tomorrow with some good news!

mrs.beasley
06-21-2004, 10:12 PM
2 mi. this morning.

23 mi. for the month.

Cathy --- thanks for the encouragement! :)

It's good to see so many people motivated to exercise and do good things for themselves. Keep up all the hard work everyone!!! :dizzy:

DonnaD
06-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Still sticking with the tread for now. It seriously affects my miles total as the dreaded thing kicks my butt. So another 1.5mls. total 45.5

Leg and back are a little better, but still afraid to put it to any type of aerobic activity.

cathyxxx
06-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Good Morning Gang!

I did another 2 mile WATP this morning.

So that makes 36 miles for June.

Yesterday I bought a 2 box set of dvds by Kathy Smith called "Lift Weights to Lose Weight" or something like that. They were less than $20 at Walmart. I think I will like them. The first one is a 20 minute upper body workout, and then a 20 minute lower body workout, so you can do those on alternating days or you can do the whole 40 minutes in one day if you have the time (and energy) LOL I'm gonna try to do either 20 or 40 minutes tonight and see how it goes.

Hope everybody has a "walkin" day today!

hugs,
cathy

mom2cale
06-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Hi- I would love to join ya'll! I gained 54 pounds during pregnancy (over two years ago!) and have not lost much of it at all. I am at 207....Now it is time to get moving :)! I would love to weigh somewhere around 150. I am wanting to get healthy and loose weight in order to be able to play and be active with my son, Cale ...and to have another little one. I just became a stay at home mom. Before that I was a Preschool Special Ed. Teacher. I am so excited to find such a great support! My goal for the rest of the month will be 12 miles. Hope you all have a great day!

aphrodeia
06-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Got my mile in today, and it totally kicked my butt. Maybe I shouldn't have done the hand weights my first time out in a month and a half. :dizzy:

Yay for me!

cathyxxx
06-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Ok I just did my first Kathy Smith "Lift Weights to Lose Weight" tonight and boy am I gonna be sore tomorrow because I'm already sore. WOW!

It was 47 minutes - 20 minutes upper body with weights, 20 minutes lower body (I didn't use any weights because my lower body already weighs a ton LOL) and 7 minutes abs.

Thank the Good Lord I can't do that tape again til day after tomorrow!

I did pretty good keeping up with the upper body routine. There is one move I have never been able to do many of, where you back up to a chair and sit down and then put your arms behind you and you push your body away from the chair and then you lower and lift your body. know what I'm talking about? I'm sure it is working your triceps but I can only do a few of those bec dang I'm lifting 205 lbs with my little bitty non existent tricep muscles. WAH those suckers are hard!

Now, I had trouble keeping up with the lower body routine. I have never done so many squats and lunges in my life. Have I ever told ya'll that I hate squats and lunges. yikes! I just did what I could. Now I gotta take another shower! LOL maybe I better soak in a hot tub instead.

I'll be up late tonight waiting on my youngest son to get home so I doubt I'll get up and get in 2 miles, but I think I have done plenty today.

hope everybody has a good nite.

hugs,
cathy

LynneA
06-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Wow, I'm a ditz! posted this on the wrong thread! :lol: :o

DonnaD
06-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Missed a couple of days posting. Tried the WATP 3ml on tues. Was able to finish with little pain but felt it later on in the day. Today I was back on the tread for 1.6 mls. No pain afterwards. Should probably stick to the tread, but I still don't like it :mad: Total so far this month= 47.1 miles.

aphrodeia
06-23-2004, 10:41 PM
No mile for me today, it was an odd one. :dizzy: I did do about fifteen minutes of simple lifting with the hand weights, though. Not something to which I'm accustomed, my arms are pretty pathetic. Felt good to try something different! :)

Back to the walking tomorrow....

MichelleRae
06-24-2004, 02:44 AM
Keep up the great work everyone!!! I'm still exercising just not doing as much WATP!!

You are all doing great!
Michelle

SKYFIREFLY
06-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Hope you don't mind if I join in? I have been trying to get my self motivated since April and its sort of working and I feel better lost 6 lbs. since then last I checked total of 12lbs. since November. But I need to get to the gym or walk, I do a lot of gardening and yard work but just don't get to other exercise. Its stupid due to the fact I have a membership totally paid for other than a maintence fee of 12.00 a month. Maybe this will help me started? I will attempt to get myself to the gym today even if its just to swim. The suit has been in my car since Monday not doing my seat in the car a bit of good or me!
I'll catch up later an say if I made it or not. Journal writing has helped me with my diet maybe this will help motivate me with the exercise walking or otherwise. Sometimes the end of the day just want to get home!
Skyfirefly

cathyxxx
06-24-2004, 09:08 AM
Good Morning Gang!

I did another 2 mile WATP w/handweights from start to finish this morning.

That makes 38 miles for June.

Hope to do my 47 minutes of Lift Weights to Lose Weight tonight. Will see how it goes.

hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy

aphrodeia
06-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Did another mile this morning! I love changing my sig! :lol:

DonnaD
06-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Nothing this morning, actually slept late. Walked the 2ml trail with a friend after work.
total 49.1 miles :D

cathyxxx
06-24-2004, 10:27 PM
hey hey hey I DID do my 47 minute Lift Weight tape tonight!
wooooooohooooooooo
:cp: :strong: :cp:

cathyxxx
06-25-2004, 10:32 AM
Good Morning Gang!

I did another 2 mile WATP this morning!

That makes 40 miles for June, which was my goal!

woooooohoooooooo! :cp: :dance: :cb:

but don't worry, I'm not thru yet! got a few more days left in the month! ;)

hugs,
cathy

DonnaD
06-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi all,

Did the 3ml WATP this morning. 52.1 total. I looked back over the thread and didn't see a goal I had chosen. So I guess I base the next month on this one.

DonnaD
06-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Me again. I found my goal on my first post. It was 75. What was I thinking. I've got 23 to go in 5 days. That aint happening. At best I could only do 15 and that's at 3ml a day, every day. Looks like I'll fall short. :(

cathyxxx
06-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Good Afternoon Gang!

I didn't do anything yesterday but this morning I went for a 2 mile power walk outside. It felt good to just walk and not worry about hand movements and handweights and all that jazz. Also was nice to stretch my back out with just normal walking. I tried jogging a few minutes here and there but it is just too hard on my knees. Felt like I had 500 lbs pushing against my knees every time I landed, so I will just have to stick with the fast walking.

So that makes 42 miles for June. :tread: :strong: :tread:

next?

DonnaD
06-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Hi all!

I did the 3ml WATP today. total 55.1.

Cathy, I know what you mean about the knees. I tried to run on the treadmill and my knees were screaming :eek: Years ago, still heavy then, I was bowling and the ball got stuck on a ring on my thumb(I know, stupid, but I hadn't league bowled in yrs and taking the ring off never occured to me) anyway, I stopped short so I wouldn't go down the lane or over the foul line and did I do a job on my knee. I explained it to people as trying to stop a semi with volkswagen brakes. :lol: So I take it easy on my knees when I can. They have a hard enough job keeping me up.

cathyxxx
06-29-2004, 08:02 AM

I just did another 2 mile WATP w/handweights from start to finish.

That makes 44 miles for June! :cp:

Donna - you are doing great! 55.1 miles - WOW! :cp:

next?

cathyxxx
06-30-2004, 10:14 AM

I'm draggin this morning because I was up late with teenagers and then did not get up early this morning and get any exercise. :mad:

So it looks like my total for June will be 44 miles, which is good because I set my goal at 40 miles.

I think for July I am gonna keep my goal at 40 miles for the month, with an added goal of strength training 2 or 3 times a week also. Will just have to see how it goes.

Michelle, was wondering.....are you gonna start another WATP thread for July? I mean if you'd rather not, I'm sure we could just post our WATP miles on the walking thread - whatever is easiest for you. Just a thought.

hope somebody is getting some exercise today. ;)

hugs,
cathy

DonnaD
06-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Hi all,

did 3ml WATP. total for June 58.1 not so bad.
Next couple days will be hard to chart. Going away for our anniversary. If I can, I'll try to do some laps around the hotel.

cathyxxx
07-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Hey was wondering if I should start a Walking Away the Pounds thread for July or just post on the July Walkers thread???? I did 3 miles this morning and I'm itching to post it somewhere. ;) what ya'll wanna do?

hugs,
cathy

MichelleRae
07-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Lets join up with the July Walkers guys :) Lets unite the walking community here at 3fc!! Thanks for the suggestion Cathy :) Keep up the good work!!

Michelle

cathyxxx
07-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Here's a link to the July Walkers thread

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=616937#post616937

I just want to be sure we don't lose anybody along the way over. ;)

Let's keep on walkin! :tread:

hugs,
cathy