Exercise! - JuNe WaLkErS

View Full Version : JuNe WaLkErS

LynneA
06-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Good morning ladies :)

I thought that seeing as we did so well walking in May and walked a lot of miles, let's continue and start a thread for walking in June.

Our phone lines are back up, yay! We lost all power and lines early Monday morning due to bad storm weather. I didn't get any walking done over the weekend but it was weigh day today and I have reached my first goal of 193 lbs by 24th July!!!

I'm really happy to say the least and have now set a second goal of 185 lbs by 24th July.

I'm planning a walk today, so will update after I get done with it.

Let's get walking and see if we can beat our May miles :).

Edit: 2 miles walked for me this morning, complete with 2 blistered feet after wearing my new walking shoes for the first time :rollpin:

MichelleRae
06-01-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm hoping to walk 50 miles in June!

Lynne - Glad to see your phone lines are back up!! We Missed you!!! Sorry to hear about your blisters! :(

Michelle

lovnmom
06-01-2004, 10:32 AM
I don't know who to compliment first!!! Lynne for reaching her first goal or Michelle for walking 73 miles in May!!!! You two should be so proud. I can tell that June is going to be a successful month for all of us. I too managed to surpass my goal miles and lose a few pounds this month thanks to the support I receive her from all of you. Thanks so much. My goals for this month are 50 miles walked (I'm not increasing from last month because I want to add some bike rides as well) I also want to do 2 miles in 22 min. That's shaving off 36 sec. It doesn't sound like much, but that means I'll have to get up to and sustain 6 mph for some time!!! So far I've only managed 6 mph for 3/4 of a 1/4 mile (whatever that figures out to be *not much*) I did have a terrific weekend, but no exercise and lots of naughty foods. It rained quite a bit here, but we did manage a couple good campfires. Yesterday we had a "no electricity day" which means we can not use anything electrical for entertainment. We had our campfire going by 9am and pretty much played and cooked outside all day. Pancakes, omelets, burgers, potatoes, pudgy pies, and lots of marshmallows. I am up 3 pounds, but it was fun to not count cals for almost a "whole week"!!! and I figure if I get right back OP today that 3 will go away real fast. I'm going to set a modest goal for weight loss and aim for 135 by JuNe 30th. Keep on walkin' ladies.

Kristen, It was nice to see you post. I am an original and would love to have you join us again. The ladies here are really determined and very supportive. The last time we chatted you were doing really well with walking and weight loss. Are you still moving forward? Take care.

Sunny, Hope you had a great weekend!!

SunnyD57
06-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Hello everyone,
Just a quick note --- I am very ill and have been for
the last two days... please keep me in your prayers.

I'll be back when I am well again and able to walk :^:
Thanks so much!
SunnyD

MichelleRae
06-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Sunny!! I will pray for your quick recovery!! I'm soo sorry you arent feeling well!! I can't wait to have you back.

Kristi - Thanks for the congrats! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!!

I'm off to do a 4 or 6 mile walk not sure yet which ;)

Michelle

MichelleRae
06-01-2004, 02:18 PM
I just finished my first 4 miles then my dvd started skipping hubby is fixing it for me and I'm off to do another 2 miles.

Michelle

MichelleRae
06-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Sheila - Great goal!!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Ok I just did my last 2 miles for today so that was 6 total today!!
Come on guys we can do it!!!

Michelle

kcatanza
06-01-2004, 07:04 PM
thank you for the welcoming back!!!

i can't believe i've been away since... probably november or something? it's been a while.

since then, i actually.... reached goal!!! lost a half pound... and then gained 2.. so... i'm a pound above goal... but... am still pretty excited.

i do have to admit that now i'm in the "what next" phase. ya know? like... i've accomplished meeting goal... i need to figure out my next thing to conquer.

also, since i'm so interested in weightloss and food and all this stuff, i enrolled in a summer class at tufts university. i'm taking nutrition 101. pretty much all the other members are tufts undergrads who need to take it as an elective. i've only had one class... but i can already tell that i am going to love it.

so... i decided to come back to the group, because i need that motivation, and i really enjoyed reading the posts daily. it always keeps exercise a priority, ya know? cause ya don't want to let yourself down... OR the other girls in the group. :)

i don't know what i'm going to set my goal at, though... i'll just set it at walking/exercising 4 times a week.

anyway... it's good to see some old faces again... and i can't wait to get to know the new faces.

i'll be around.... :)

kristen

lovnmom
06-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Sunny, I'll keep you in my prayers asking that you will be feeling better soon and back to your happy self.

Michelle, Great job getting in 6 miles on the first day!!! I did nothing again yesterday, but am off to do 4 right now. Thanks for the inspiration!

Shiela, It's so great to see that you have set some goals, they sound like you're right on track to make all this work for you. Have a great time watching your niece play softball. That's so awesome. I have a niece who is now 28. She was born when I was only 12 so I kind of raised her and grew up with her both. I loved going to all her games. She played volleyball and softball both and aunt Kristi missed very few games. Now she has 2 daughters of her own (3 and 1) and I'm very close with them as well.

Kristen, Wow!! you made goal. Huge Congrats. I'm always sabotaging myself at like 10 pounds shy of goal. I think I'm afraid to actually obtain goal, because of the "what now" factor. It's great to have you back. WTG on taking nutrition 101. That's where I believe I'm headed soon. My youngest will start school 1/2 days this fall and I'm checking into what to do with my life then.

I took a total day off yesterday. I had gotten the book "Mystic River" and once I got started I couldn't put it down. I totally want to see the movie now. I di get my eating back on track yesterday. Yippee!! I got out and grocery shopped today so now I have no excuse. My cupboards and frig are stocked with fresh fruits, veggies, and whole grains. I'm so proud. I am enjoing a treat while I post. We delivered feed to an amish farm today and the were selling fresh cut asparagas. MMMMMMM it's so tasty. She's agreed to save 4 pounds for me when we deliver next week. I purchased 25 plants of my own, but haven't gotten them in the fround yet. I think it takes 2 seasons before you get any though. Well, I'm off to do my 4 miles. Have a great day.

Hi to you too Lynne!

Kristi

JuNe : MiLeS 4

MichelleRae
06-02-2004, 03:00 PM
3 miles for me so far today! I'm doing 2 more when I get home. I just started a part time job for a few hours in the evening to get me out of the house and some adult talk lol.

Sunny - i hope you are ok!! We miss you!!!

Kristi - You are doing great!! Keep it up!! You are the one who inspired me to walk more :) Thank you for that!!

Sheila- Great Goals!!

Kristin- Great to have you!! Congrats on reaching goal!

Michelle

lovnmom
06-03-2004, 08:02 AM
Good morning Michelle, I got up early and got in a quik 2 miles and now I'm off to ride the LaCrosse Queen with my DD and her class. It's a paddle boat and we will be riding it down the Mississippi. It should be a lot of fun. Good luck at the new job, I hope you enjoy it. That "big people" talk can be really important.

Sunny, Prayin' for your healin'

Lynne and Kristen, Have a good day!!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 6

SunnyD57
06-03-2004, 03:19 PM
http://www.countryclipart.com/KitchSet/cntrykitchenshelfsmlr.gif

http://www.countryclipart.com/KitchSet/basketeggshrtsline.gif

Good Afternoon LYNNE, KRISTI, MICHELLE, SHEILA, JENNIFER & KRISTEN ~

I am back :D
Thank you all so much for your *Well wishes* & *prayers*!!! :goodvibes
I was really frightened that this time I was gonna have to go tot he hospital, guys. My IBS & Diverticulitis got really bad and I had been feeling great up till this past holiday weekend. I did a couple of things wrong and paid a very high price. First off, I was very involved in helping Joe with the gardening and we did allot of shopping in the garden ctrs. and allot of working in our gardens - like nonstop on Sat. Sun. & Mon. They are not huge gardens, but they are still allot of work - fun, but work - and so I became over exhausted & didn't stop to take care of my special needs (and drinking water!) Second (and the worse thing I could ever do) is I skipped meals on Sunday & on Monday --- I went 6-7 hours without eating (both days) and for me that is not good! I am suppose to eat every 3 no long then 4 hours (small meals). So... I goofed big time! And paid a very high price. I was beginning to feel ill on Sunday, but by Monday evening It all peaked. I looked like a hot air balloon I was so bloated --- and the pain --- is undescribable! I had fever for 2 days and really thought that I was heading for the hospital. I will be going for further testing soon, but I didn't want to go like that... I want to plan it with appointments, you know what I mean? And as of today... I am much, much better!! Thank you ALL so much for your thoughts and your prayers! My fever broke on Tuesday night, but I was still tender in my left side down to my lower ab. and on a liquid diet. Last night I ate normally again and everything is functioning normal again and I feel well. I feel myself coming back! :) And I truly feel that your prayers made all the difference! Well... ... second to my hubby's TLC :^: !!!! He really takes good care of me when I get sick like that - God Bless him! Up till then we were really having a nice time! He was off from Thursday - Monday and we got everything done we planned to and then some.

This weekend is going to be beautiful ~ :sunny: sunshine all weekend :cheer: and we'll take the time to enjoy it. We have nothing planned and just want to take it day by day and enjoy. My only plans are to go tomorrow and get my hair cut... my SIL does it. Poor Maria, I had to change the appointment two times because I wasn't well. I did get all caught up with my laundry yesterday - I needed to do something - it helped to move around, so I thought I would do that. I haven't exercised since last week!!! :( I am anxious to get back into the swing of things again. I may try to walk a mile or two today. I didn't make my 50 miles last month,
but did get up to 48.25 miles for May.

:cheer: Congrats to everyone in doing so well in wt. loss
and in walking. :cheer:
This is a great group and I missed you!
I might be back later with some miles... ;)
:sunny: SunnyD <><

http://www.countryclipart.com/KitchSet/rdckhartline2.gif

MichelleRae
06-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Sunny!!!!!! I'm soooo glad you are feeling better!!! I was really worried about you!! Actually I feel like crying cuz you are all right!!! Tears of joy!!!
We're here for you and sooo glad you are back!!

Michelle

SunnyD57
06-03-2004, 03:33 PM
MICHELLE ~
You are going to make me cry! ;) :lol:
Thank you for the {{{warm hugs}}} in the
kindness of your words... you made my day :goodvibes

I am going to sign off and give the T-Mill a go now.
*God Bless*
Me <><

SunnyD57
06-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Well Gals,
I did it --- I got two miles in while watching an old movie :D
I began to sweat right off and really
felt tired, but I did it! :^:
SunnyD <><

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gif JuNe MiLeS: 2.0

MichelleRae
06-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Sunny - You officially win our "go gettem" Award this month!! ;) Way to go for getting right back on that Treadmill! Exercising after a few days off for me, is HARD!! I get back into my old lazy ways! I applaude you!! Keep up the great work!! You are truely an inspiration.

Michelle

LynneA
06-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Good morning :)

I've been slacking off the past two days, my motivation level just dropped and I don't know why. When I got up this morning I gave myself a stern talking to and went out walking. I did 2 miles, the highway dept is digging up my usual walking road so I went in the opposite direction. It was a bit spooky, maybe because I haven't walked that way before. I tried jogging a little again today too, I walked a little way then jogged, walked then jogged. I am as red as a beet in the face now but it felt much more comfortable than when I tried before.

Going to be a busy day today, I have a lot of housework to catch up on. Will ttyl, hope everyone is doing well :).

lovnmom
06-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Sunny, So glad you're feeling better and right back on that TM, YGG! I completely believe P.U.S.H. (pray until something happens) I didn't know you suffered from both conditions. I totally applaud you for taking such good care of yourself. (most of the time!!!) Once again, so happy for your recovery.

Michelle, You were at 9 miles yesterday allready probably more by now. WTG. How's the new job going?

Lynne, Great job on the jogging!!! It really does get a little easier as you push yourself just a little through your "comfort zone". Before you know it your comfort zone is a little faster or a little longer or both. Great job!!!

Sheila, Keep trying girlfriend. I know your niece is very important to you, but you need to make you and your health important too!!! ( don't mean to sound preachy I just want Shiela to take good care of Sheila too)

Once again I've had a long week. Lots of good and lots of bad. The bad first. My mother had a mini stroke on either Sun or Mon and even though she suspected it she never called any of her 4 children. She casually mentioned it to me on the phone Wed. it took my oldest brother almost threatning to carry her (she lives across the street from the Dr. in a tiny town) there. They've put her on "Plavix" to help prevent another one. Her left side is affected, but not severely (enough to notice immediately though) and it should come back with minimal therapy. That's the bad, but God has lead us to it and He will lead us through it! For the good, I had a blast with my 10 y/o on her class trip yesterday. I pray we will stay close like this forever. The bestest of all. She sang in the talent show at school today. "Falling" by Sherie Austin (country) she nailed it. I knew she could sing, but I didn't think she had the confidence yet to pull it off the way she did. Ladies, you should have seen her smile. The whole elementary student body just screamed and whistled when she was done. She was just beeming with her sparkly cheeks. Later teacher after teacher were praising her. She really ahd a great day. I couldn't be happier!
Have a great weekend all!!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 8

2 MiLeS in 21 min 44 sec (kinda proud of me too)

LynneA
06-04-2004, 04:53 PM
I will keep you and your mum in my thoughts and prayers Kristi. Although how your mum behaved sounds exactly how my own mum would act. My mother will not go to the doctor even if she is dying!

Good to hear you had a blast with your own daughter. Sounds liked she really did well :).

MichelleRae
06-04-2004, 11:47 PM
wow you guys have been busy bees ;)

I didn't walk at all yesterday cuz I went off plan as I was having a blood sugar crisis so I had lots of sugar filled oatmeal cookies lol. I went back on plan today since I was feeling much much better no dizzy spells or anything!

Kristi - I will say a prayer for you mother and your family, my thoughts are with you! That is so great about your daughter!! I hope that my girls will want to be that close with me, I just love them to pieces, they (and hubby) are my whole life and I couldnt see it without them!! I just want to have the greatest relationship with them!!

Lynne - I know what you mean about losing momentum some days I just don't want to exercise but I just make myself do it! I hope they get your road patched up soon!!

Sheila - don't be too hard on yourself some exercise is better than none. But I also agree with Kristi, you have to take care of you too!! I bet your neice is such a doll, when you were describing her looking for you in the stands and grinning at you I could almost picture it!! How adorable!!

Sunny - How are you feeling today girly? I hope all is well!!

Well girls I got 5 miles in today plus 20 minutes of resistance bands. So 95 minutes of straight exercise. I made up for going off plan yesterday! Well its getting late and I'm exhausted, I need to get my butt in bed!! TTYL!!
Have a good night!!
Michelle

LynneA
06-05-2004, 10:59 AM

I got another 2 miles in today, I would have done more but my stupid bloody new training shoes I bought were rubbing my heels badly and sure enough, I have new blisters. Wore them 3 times now and they are still not broke in, feeling frustrated because I wanted to do 4 miles today, I knew I had the energy for it, but I had to hobble home instead. Guess I may have to buy some new ones!

MichelleRae
06-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Another 5 miles for me!! Along with 30 minutes of resistance training! Woohoo!!

Lynne - I hate when I get shoes that rub on my heals like that, I stick with either nike's or adidas because I never have a problem with either of those. :D

I hope you are all having a great weekend!!
Michelle

SunnyD57
06-05-2004, 09:46 PM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Angels/Cats/CATS_44.jpg

*MICHELLE*
I don't usually write much on the weekends when my hubby is home.
Buuut... ... he just left for work (@7:30pm) - he got called out, so I thought I would take the time to catch up ;)

You made me chuckle... you are so sweet :^: I am feeling so much better - thank you! I too usually have a hard time getting right back into it, but all you great gals really encourage me to stay on track. I did get in 2 miles today, but right now - whew - am I ever tired... like I ran a marathon ( that'll be the day :lol: )

My big adventure this week... I went and got my hair cut and colored yesterday (my first day out of the house all week!). I did the base color myself, but my SIL did the other shades in my hair. I'll post a pic or two for you to see, okay --- Oh, I updated My Profile page with a new picture too :^: She did a great job with the cut I think - I never thought I would want shorter hair, I have had it long since I can remember... it feels great!

*SHEILA*
Thank you for the welcome back too...
I am so glad that you are feeling so much better --- me too :goodvibes
You shouldn't beat yourself up about postponing ( ;) ) your program - what you did, I have done time & time again. It sounds like you overwhelmed yourself with too high of a reach in goals... too much too fast. When I do that I don't know where to begin, so I just don't! Take smaller steps, Sheila... and don't be down on yourself - it happens to the best of us!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :cheer: and WILL!!!

*LYNNE*
What a bummer about your shoes!!! You sound like you got back on track, but those darn shoes are getting in the way. What brand are they? Is it too late to take them back and get them exchanged? It never hurts to try --- maybe you got a bad pair from the factory? I was thinking about getting a new pair, mine are so worn. But now I'll wait to hear your reply on the brand you bought...

*KRISTI*
Thanks for the welcome back... congrats on your numbers!!! :cp:
For sure it is something to brag about, so don't hesitate too ;) Wonderful job!

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother being ill... I will keep her in my *Prayers* for sure.
Please keep us informed on how she is doing, okay.

I so enjoyed hearing you talk about the good time you had with your DD!!! When my nieces & nephews were small I use to go to as many functions that I could... it was important for them to know someone was very interested in what they did. Now they are all grown and I miss going. I love to hear you and the other mom's talk about your experiences with your children... You are so blessed!

*~*~*

Well gang... I really must be going.
Joe just got home and I am plum tuckered out.
This is my second attempt - I lost my last post to you just as
I went to send it and had to begin again! I hate it when that happens :o

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 4.0

SunnyD57
06-05-2004, 09:56 PM
A couple of me with my new "do" ;)

SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MichelleRae
06-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Sunny - WOWZA!!!!!! You look great!! I love the new hairdo!! I've had long hair for awhile now almost 3 years and sometimes I feel like cutting it shorter but I just can't bring myself to do it lol. If I cut my hair it would take me getting pregnant again to get it to grow lol!! But dang you look Mah-vahlous!!
Michelle

LynneA
06-06-2004, 10:07 AM

Wow Sunny you look great! What a great colour your hair is :).

Thanks for the kind words over my stupid shoes, they are from New Balance and I think it's probably too late to take them back, they're a bit dusty and beat up from the dirt/gravel road I walk on. I'm going to look at a pair of Nike shoes Michelle, I never had any problems with Nike or Adidas either. Going to give myself a day off walking and will probably go on the bicycle machine thingy we have at home. Also got roped into helping my DH build our new chicken pen, I was hammering nails yesterday!

Michelle, you are a machine! Walking 5 miles then exercising? You go girl!

Well, I should go, will ttyl ladies :)

Jack-150
06-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Congratulations all you June walkers! Do you walk alone or with children, pets etc.? My wife Pat, and I are getting ready to go for a walk on a woodland lake trail now with our two year old yellow lab Sam. He will run ahead of us about twenty yards and end up swimming for awhile. The trail is four miles long and up and down hills. We will all be tired except Sam. I was at gym this morning and did 4.5 miles on cross trainer plus weights.

kcatanza
06-06-2004, 10:14 AM
hello ladies

i was mia... came back for a couple days... and then became mia... but i'm back again!!

michelle - congrats on the five miles... AND the resistance training. :) i'm not so sure i'm patient enough to walk five miles. glad that you are though!!

sunny - glad to see you back. and off to an absolutely fantastic start!! way to go!! :cp: you've inspired me to push myself!! and the hair looks great!! :)

lynne - way to go on the 2 miles!!! :bravo: that stinks about the shoes, though. i hate when that happens to me. :( what brand of shoes are they?

kristi - that's awesome about your daughter!! i can just picture the two of you beaming after her singing. :) i will keep your mother in my prayers for a smooth recovery!!

sheila - you're allowed to give yourself an exercise break. esp. if it means spending more time with your niece!!! she sounds very sweet. good wishes for your curves measurements tomorrow!! :D

as for me... i'm on week 5 of maintenance at weight watchers. and... sadly, i've gained 4 pounds in the past month. 2.2 being from this past week. it's frustrating, but in the grand scheme of life... what does this all mean? ya know? i'm 3.2 above goal right now... and in order to become lifetime, i need to get within 2 pounds of my goal by next week. eeks. but i'm just going to keep doing what i've been doing, and hope for the best. that's all i can do, right?

so my goal was to walk/exercise 4 times a week, right? since june 1st, i've gone to the gym and did some form of cardio....4 times. so i'm right on schedule. heh. i want to start walking when the weather gets really nice out. it's been semi miserable here in new england. every day is a chance of thunderstorms. grrrr. it just makes walking outside hard to plan!!

alrightie... i'm going off to the gym and then... spending the day with the roomie, doing, i have no idea what.... :)

keep walking, ladies!!!

MichelleRae
06-06-2004, 04:58 PM
I walk at home on my treadmill or I do walk away the pounds dvds which I use to count my miles, Its really hard for me to take my kids walking with me cuz I don't have a double stroller, just 2 single ones and I don't yet trust my 2 yo to walk beside me if you know what I mean lol. I'm not walking at all today because I did 6 hours of heavy heavy scrubbing, and I'm counting 1.5 hours of it as my exercise for today. I figured hey I broke a sweat doing it so I was obviously working hard lol.

Kristen - Hang in there girl!! You'll get to goal!!! Keep up the great work!

Jack - I hope you had a wonderful time on your walk!

Michelle

SunnyD57
06-07-2004, 06:36 AM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Angels/Misc/Morning_1.jpg

Morning Everyone!
I am still here :^: , but just haven't gotten in my walking. It's not that I don't want to - I just run out of day... Joe & I had so much still to do and got it all done, but I got so tired both days. I think I am still not quite up-to-par yet.

Thank you so much for all the great encouragement!!

Today...
I am going to try to get in some miles ~ after we get home from the funeral this morning. So much to do - so little time. The funeral we are going to is for a friend that would always come to hear us sing at church, Hank & Ann. An older couple - he and his wife were so adorable and he loved my hugs. You see... there was this couple we would see at church every Sunday and I always gave them a "Good Morning Hug". They were such a cute couple and they would reach out for me long before I got to them for that hug... they had children, but they didn't come around much and so they kinda adopted me ;) Anyway, they will be soooo missed at church. My hubby and I were asked to sing for a funeral at 10am this morning and then yesterday when we went to get the details, we found out it was our friend, Hank! :cry: It is going to be a hard funeral to sing for this morning. I still don't know what happened - he looked so good when I saw him last --- adorable man, so kind. He played the harmonica at the vets hospitals with friends... he was only 79. And now I don't know if we will ever see his wife, Ann, again because she doesn't drive and the kids don't come around much. I don't know where they live (it was quite a drive away) --- & we only saw them at church (very private people at home). But I will stay in touch with her by sending cards... she loves my cards.

I am so sorry to begin the day with such sad news, but I wanted to let you know what was going on & why I wasn't around lately... I'll be back later as soon as I get in some miles. I have allot of catching up to do with miles and with posting :o

Later...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

LynneA
06-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Good morning all :)

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Sunny, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers *hug*.

Shiela you sound like you had quite the busy weekend. Pushmowing the yard too!

The highway dept has finally reached our driveway and are in the process of clearing trees to widen the road, so much so that I can't get out this morning! I didn't get to walk, so I decided to use our bicycle machine instead. I am so proud of myself, I did 1 hour on the bicycle then 15 minutes of light weights. I felt strong the whole time and feel great now. I might change my routine to walking one day, using the bicycle machine the next and doing weights the same day as the bicycle. I think I will get more cardio that way.

We got our chicken pen half finished this weekend, the chicks are looking great too. Our veggie garden is getting fruit too! We have cayenne peppers, bell peppers and tomatoes! The early corn is starting to tassle and everything is looking really well.

Well, got to go, will ttyl :) Hope you all have a great Monday.

MichelleRae
06-08-2004, 01:12 AM
Sunny you are in my thoughts!! Remember that in these tough times is when we need eachother the most, and remember that god is great and he has a plan for us all and I bet Hank is in his Glory, havin a cup of tea with the big guy himself!! You now have an angel watching over you!

Lynne way to go on still getting some exercise in even when you weren't able to walk you found somethin that you could do. Keep it up!!

Sheila you are a busy woman!! Keep up the good work, and remember that some exercise is better than none!!

I got another 4 miles in today, and I also did 15 minutes of floor toning and 15 minutes of resistance bands.
Goodnight Girls
Michelle

lovnmom
06-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Thank you all so much for the prayers and kind words. My mother's recovery is not coming along as expected. Her sister is taking her to a neurologist today to see if something is going on that we are not aware of. She has not been able to be left alone at all due to stumbling etc. I just don't know what will be our options if the prognosis today calls for round the clock care. I can't keep it up being away from my family. I'm checking into daytime adult care and then having her sleep here nights, but she's fighting that all the way. I have 3 children in ball, one in band, and one in swim lessons. My siblings all work full time. Shy of actually putting her in a nursing home facility this just seems like the best solution.

Sunny, your new hair is awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics

Michelle, as always you're doing awesome

Lynne, you too!!!

I loved catching up and seeing all of yours progress Kristen, Shiela, Jack, everyone have a great day.

I'm walking 4 miles today

June miles : 12

LynneA
06-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi all :)

Wow has this thread been quiet lately or what!

I hope everyone is ok :).

I'm changing my routine a little, going to be introducing more weights and cardio on my elliptical machine which is unfortunately going to cut into my walking. So my total miles may be a lot lower than the rest of you powerhouse gals but I will still be here supporting you all and cheering you on.

Hope to hear from the rest of you soon.

MichelleRae
06-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Hey girls!! I took the last 2 days off but will be back on track today!

Lynne - way to go on introducing some weight training it will have great results!! Keep up the great work!

Sheila - Hey there girly!! Way to go on fitting 1.2 miles in!! I know you are busy so that is a great accomplishment!!

I'll be back later to report my miles for today, but hoping to fit in 6!
Michelle

LynneA
06-10-2004, 09:29 AM

I did 4 miles this morning, was quite a good walk.

We have zuchinni in our garden! I spotted them yesterday whilst walking round it, we also have cayenne peppers and pea pods! We're both really proud of ourselves, especially me as I've had quite the black thumb in the past :lol: .

Will ttyl :).

SunnyD57
06-10-2004, 10:46 AM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Angels/Misc/Teddy_Notes_1.gif

:flow1: Good Morning KRISTI, MICHELLE, LYNNE, SHEILA, JENNIFER & KRISTIN :flow1:

Thank you so much for the *Well-wishes*
I so appreciate you all!

I am so sorry for being MIA... I really missed you all! I just felt so sad and didn't want to do anything the day or so after. It was all I had to get on the T-Mill yesterday, but I did get in 2 miles. And tomorrow I plan to go back to my Curves - I haven't been there in almost two weeks, between being ill and then the funeral. I am looking forward to going. I am going to get in at least another 2 miles today and I will be back to post them when I do ;)

We had a nasty :o storm come through here last night! Hail, Winds, and Rain so bad that it snapped the top of my Maple Hydrangea Tree right off!!! :cry: I was so bummed to see that last night... It was full of blossoms too :( We saved it - going to try and see if we can get it to root... I'll buy some rooting powder and give it a go --- cannot hurt to try and save it.

*~*~*

*SHEILA*
You are doing so well!!! I am so very happy for you - you identified the problems and have made the corrections... you should be so proud of yourself!!!! :cp: Continue to take those negative thoughts and turn them inside out for a positive result ;)

*LYNNE*
Thanks for the *hug* ;)

Bummer about losing all those trees for the highway! Joe & I may lose a tree or two when they move the road here where we live too - it's a bummer to think about! They are beautiful trees!

I think changing up your routine is so good... then you don't get board with everything. That's why I like going to Curves. Good for you ;)

WoW! You have everything there... a chicken pen too! I wish we could do that. I love farms! I use to work on my SIL's farm when she owned it (I was in my 20's & 30's). I miss going there. Being I can't have one I loved helping out with hers. All the animals & gardens - loved it all! You are so blessed. Your gardens sound wonderful!! With all the rains the gardens are doing very well (if you are not in a flood area).

*MICHELLE*
Thank you so much for those kind words of thought! I KNOW Hank is in his Glory ;) He will be so missed!!!

Boy! You have been doing wonderfully with your exercises... I am so impressed! All of you have been. I am embarrassed (blushing) by my walking miles so far this month. I have allot of catching up to do.

*KRISTI*
I am so very sorry to hear that your DM is still not doing well and not recovering as you hoped. I hope you know that I am lifting her up in *special prayers* for her recovery. Take Care of yourself too, okay. When we had to move my DFIL (now passed on) he fought us all the way, but he lived a better life after we moved him... then he was happier. It was the fear of the unknown that made him resistant to the move and the Pride. He didn't want to acknowledge that he was no longer able to care for himself properly. He was not eating well or cleaning himself well - he needed help. Just do your homework and make sure the care is good, but those places are great... I wish you well in resolving your problems with balancing your DM and your own family
{{{Hugs}}}

*~*~*

I am off to get in my couple miles for today... see you all later ;)
Always,

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JuNe MiLeS: 6.0

MichelleRae
06-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Sunny - How great it is to hear from you!! Don't worry about your mileage for this month what matters is that you are taking care of yourself!!

Lynne - Way to go on 4 miles girl!!!

Kristi - I hope all is well I still have you in my prayers! :grouphug:

I did 3 miles this morning and I am planning 3 more in a little bit, my girls wouldn't let me go any longer so I just finished up the 3 and now going to do 30 minutes of resistance training.

Love to you all!
Michelle

lovnmom
06-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Wow!!!! You ALL are doing awesome. Michelle, your miles are just putting me to shame. I'm so happy for all your success. YGG Shiela, You too are just moving along. Like Sunny said, adjusting and arranging so you can fit it all in. WTG How are your nieces ball games going? Lynne, WTG adding weights. I keep wanting to add abdominal work and squats or something for my legs, but I keep fighting it. Hopefully you'll inspire me!!! Sunny, Great job getting back to everything. I'm sorry but I somehow missed on the post where you sadly had lost someone. I'll go back, but know my prayer's are with you as well. I sadly have only one more mile to report, because I never did get the 4 in I added a couple days ago and had to even do one more of it today. All has been so stressful, I have a very odd relationship with my mother to begin with and my sinful flesh fought and argued with me that she was not my responsibility. I need to share I hope you don't mind. I finally felt last night I had to just get out of the house. There was a lull in the rain and I took off on the bike trail. I prayed and prayed while walking and even ran ALOT a mile away from home the shies opened I was soaked through in seconds. I ran, I walked, I cried, God helped me. My mother is here and will remain here days and a friend will be staying nights with her in her home. Her neurologist says with hard work she should be able to regain close to if not 100%. I will do whatever needs to be done with love and kindess. I know without knowing our history this may sound jumbled, but it has made me feel much better to share it with someone. I'm getting in at least a mile or two a day and have you all to thank for that. You keep me motivated. Thank you once again.

Kristi

June miles : 13

MichelleRae
06-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Kristi - Such a strong strong soul you have!! You are such a motivation and inspiration to me :) Thank you!! Way to go on beating your 2 mile goal!

I did another 2 miles today and then 15 minutes more resistance training. So I got a total of 5 miles and 45 minutes of resistance training! 2 hours total exercise today!

Well goodnight ladies I'm off to bed!!
Love to all
Michelle

SunnyD57
06-11-2004, 08:21 AM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Angels/Misc/Toaster_1.gif Good Morning... http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Angels/Misc/th_Coffee_Cup_1.gif

*KRISTI*
I am so very sorry to hear that you must go through so much with your Mom... I wish I could in some way help you physically... but I can fall to my knee's for you and *pray* and that I will do :goodvibes

Take Good Care of YOU!!!
You need to stay well - not only for yourself - but for your family.
Keep in touch... we are all here for you ;)

Hey there *MICHELLE*
You are doing so well with the walking and the weight training...
W:eek:W! 2 hours of exercise... I am impressed :^: I was doing that before I got sick and hope to get back into it next week!
Keep up the wonderful job! :cp:

*~*~*

We had another big storm come in during the night and it is still raining here... the sidewalks are full of worms (ewe!) and my Hibiscus Tree is turning yellow from all the rain --- I am going to bring it in and see if I can save it. I so wish that it would stay sunny for a few days... without all the humidity. It's been like living in a sauna here this week. It has really cooled down though - went from the 90's yesterday to a possible high today of 70* And we are still in a Flood watch area, although... we are doing okay here where we live thus far...

I am slowly feeling better - I got back into walking the last couple days (feels great!) but only 2 miles a day so far... I had a rough night last night and was up at 4am for abut 30 min. or so; then fell back to sleep at around 5am... the alarm went off at 5:30
:coffee: "Where's the coffee!" :coffee:
:lol:

I was going to meet my girlfriend at Curves this morning, but am just not up-to-par yet, so I will have to wait to see her on Monday morning instead. She usually goes in the afternoons because she teaches, but now that she is done for the summer - she is going to join me in the mornings... that will be great! We have allot of catching up to do.

Well gang... I am going to get in a couple miles on my T-Mill while I still have energy ;)

♥ Have a ♪ Great ♪ Day! ♥

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JuNe MiLeS: 8.0

lovnmom
06-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Good morning ladies, Thank you Michelle for your kind words. Every pat on the back helps me move forward. You are doing so awesome I am so proud of you!! You didn't say how your job is going. Do you hate so much you don't want to talk about it? lol (I hope not)

Sunny, It's so good to hear you sounding much more like your old self. Sorry, to hear you had a rough night. That's the worst, falling back to sleep when it's just about time to get up. Great job hitting the TM before your energy lags. Have a great time catching up with your Curves friends. Thanks so much for your prayers I am keeping you in mine as well.
I had my mother here all day yesterday and it went pretty well. My children were really well behaved, but just being with them all day I think tired her, but I figured between that and the rain she'd maybe sleep good. I felt funny, but I did 2 miles on the TM in front of her. I told her I couldn't ignore that part of my life. The only thing she didn't understand was how I could let my dishes go and exercise instead!!! It's too bad her generation hadn't learned to let some things go! My dishes are stil in the kitchen and I'm heading there now. Plan to do a 3 mile WATP tape today.

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 16

SunnyD57
06-11-2004, 03:59 PM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/ecards/funny_pictures/animalhandart08/3.jpg
Is this picture cool or what?!
It's called Hand Art... it suited the day with Pres. Reagan's Funeral and all.

Hi!
I just wanted to stop in and let you know that I got my 2 miles in today...

*~*~*

Thanks *KRISTI*
I am almost there - not quite, but feel like I am well on the way ;) It sure would help if I could get a full nights sleep :^: We have had so many storms come through and they wake me...

I won't be going back to Curves till Monday, but I will definately enjoy catching up with them when I do go back.

Hope you were able to get in your 3 miles today ;)

Miss seeing you *LYNNE*
Later everyone :wave:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JuNe MiLeS: 10.0

MichelleRae
06-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Kristi - Keep up the good work but you know that you have to take care of YOU first because you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself :) :grouphug:
Oh yeah I do like my job, its just a few hours a week so it gets me out of the house :)

Sunny - That picture is beautiful!! I love it!! I watched the processional the other day and I was at work bawling!! It was so sad and he really was such a great man! Keep up the good work!!

I just finished 4 miles got a good sweat going on now I just have an hour of resistance training to finish up the day :)
Have a good weekend girls!

lovnmom
06-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Good morning girls, Thanks for the awesome picture Sunny it really is cool. Hope you have a good weekend with no storms so you and hubby can get a walk in at the park. It sounds like you need a relaxing walk. We too have flooding al around us. We installed a new sump pump in our basement so it turns on and off by itself. Much less worry. Take care
Michelle, Thanks for the concern. I really am taking good care of myself. Actually to my amasement. In the past much less stress than I'm under now would've sent me to the chocolate, the chips, the cheese, etc..lol I know I'm committed to me, because I actually used the TM right in front of my mom the other day and I would never have inconvenienced someone else before. I did have to jump out of the dentist chair yesterday before I was quite done or my DD would've been late for her 1st band lesson, but my cleaning and polishing was complete I just needed the dentist to examin my teeth. Nothing hurts so I'm good to go for 6 mths lol I did the 2 mile WATP tape today. We have a 1st b-day party for my great niece today and then her and her 3 y/o sister are coming to spend the night with us so my niece and her hubby can meet some friends who are camping. It should be fun and she's very good about taking my 4 children while me and DH have a night out. I better get off here and call my mom. She's been alone for the past 2.5 hrs.
Have a great weekend

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 18

lovnmom
06-13-2004, 12:59 PM
It's finally not raining here. Yippee!! I don't know why that makes me so happy it means I have to get the weeds out of my overgrown garden lol I do have cgeery toms coming though. I weighed myself this morning and even with vacation and all that's been going on I've maintained the 138 so with persiverance I should be able to hit all my June goals. You girls keep me on track now! The party was nice yesterday, but I lost my great nieces to my brother and his wife (the girl's grandparents) the plans they had fell through so they wanted to have them. Church was nice this morning. Back in 1982 a group of women needle pointed kneeling cushions for our communion rail. They recently were cleaned and restuffed so we rededicated them this morning. Some of the women are passed now, but their families from out of town came and held their mother's pillow up front during the ceremony. Very nice. Well, I'm going to buil a fire and roast wienies. Sounded like an easy Sun. dinner. 3 miles today

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 21

MichelleRae
06-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Kristi - Keep up the great work girly!!! No walking for me today I did 7 hours of straight hard cleaning and I'm counting 1.5 hours of it as my exercise for today. Wow your morning at church sounded so beautiful! I bet it brought tears to your eyes.

Michelle

SunnyD57
06-14-2004, 08:26 AM
http://p.webshots.com/ProThumbs/61/45761_wallpaper280.jpg

Good Morning *KRISTI & MICHELLE*
Joe and I never did walk in the park this weekend as planned - it wasn't from the weather (that was nice on Sat) we just had so much happening... Seems that we have summer weekends full of grad. parties and weddings to go to. I didn't walk (logging miles) but did do allot.

I was going to go back to Curves this morning, but decided to go tomorrow instead. Monday's are very hard when you have had a busy weekend :dizzy: I WILL get in my walk today and then I'll be back to log my miles when I do.

Kristi -
I think it's great that you have been able to maintain! :cp:
How was your weenie roast? Sounded like fun!
Did you make smores for the kids?

Michelle -
Again congrats on becoming a Moderator... I think that Jack made a great choice in you :D You posted allot of great information on the exercise thread that I have enjoyed reading! Today I am going to Wal-Mart and looking into the WATP DvD... I want to see what it is all about - heard so much positive talk. I am still losing, but not fast enough for me. I so want this 38 lbs off me!

You are welcome for the picture above of the Eagle. Me too... cried my eyes out I think - Mrs. Reagan is such a brave woman to have gone through so much before his death and then all the ceremony afterwards. Allot to go through and she did it beautifully! My heart just broke for her at the end of the ceremony when she collapsed on the coffin crying :cry: So sad... ...

I must be going...
Hope you & all the MIA's :wave: are having a
Wonderful morning & that you all will have an even
better week ahead! Happy Walking...
Be back later ;)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MichelleRae
06-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Ohhh Sunny - I just bawled and bawled when she began crying on the coffin :( She is just so strong for being willing to go through all of the publicity associated with his funeral, I know if it were me I would tell everyone to let me grieve in privacy. I just couldnt deal with all that. Glad to see you are gonna walk today. I am going to do some walking today too :) I don't know how far or how long but by god I'm gonna do it. Although my whole body is aching from all the cleaning I did yesterday lol. Well I better get my buns in gear for the day. Have a wonderful Sunny Monday!!

Michelle

MichelleRae
06-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Sheila - Never fear, you are doing wonderful, at least you are making an effort! Keep it up girly!!

Well I'm kind of taking a sabbatical from walking, I'm going to start the body for life 12 week challenge, which seems to present some really great results, we'll see! I will keep posting with you guys though :) I could never leave you!!

I hope you are all having a great day, week, month!
Michelle

SunnyD57
06-15-2004, 02:40 PM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/ecards/did_you_know/monarch08/1.jpg

Hi *MICHELLE*
I did get in a walk yesterday, but after only 1 mile I was so very tired... I don't think I am completely well yet from my last bout with my intestine infection. It takes too long for me sometimes to get better... I get very impatient with myself. I managed 2 more miles today, but had intentions of going further (darn it all anyway). I never made it to Wal-Mart to get the DvD, but am going this evening with my hubby. It will be great to get out together tonight.

We had another huge storm come though here last night - knocked allot of tree limbs off our big Oak tree, but the rest of the gardens seem to be fine. But the storm is why I didn't come back yesterday after I walked - I shut everything off that could have been damaged by the lightning, the TV, the Computer, & my T-Mill. I so wish we could get some nice days here now... it is so wet that you cannot breathe - it's 80* with 72% humidity. I feel so sorry for those workers outdoors today.

Ohhh, I hope you don't leave us Michelle!:o! Is that 12 week program the Discovery Health one?? I see that you have dropped a few more pounds - :bravo: !!! :cp: You don't say anything, but I do check out your stats at the bottom of your post ;) You are doing so well!! I couldn't be happier for you if it were me ;)

Hi *SHEILA*
Don't get down on yourself - I think you are doing so good!
I so agree with Michelle!! Here is something that was posted on another thread I belong to and thought it might help you gain perspective... it helped me :)

Romans 5:1-2
.. . .Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Some days we just need to stop and congratulate ourselves on how far we've come. Perhaps there aren't a lot of outward signs of our diet yet. Perhaps we aren't even close to where we hope to be. Perhaps we still have a long way to go. That's okay. Sometimes we need to rejoice in the progress we've made in order to have the energy to keep on going. The Lord created in six days, and on the seventh He rested. In every endeavor, especially the difficult ones, we need a break to sit back and enjoy what we've done so far. Even if the beginnings are humble, we can feel good that we are devoted to doing something good for ourselves.

Today's thought: I'm better than I was yesterday, and I can't wait until tomorrow!

I do understand, however, when you set goals & don't get close enough to satisfy yourself --- I am feeling like that today. I was going to go back to Curves on Monday and still wasn't feeling quite right and then I had plans on going this morning and just didn't. Now tomorrow... I have made arrangements to meet a friend - so I WILL go. Once I get back into it I will continue with no problems, it's just that I haven't been there in 2 1/2 weeks and find it difficult to begin again. Once I do - I am so up and ready to go the next day... So I am looking forward to going tomorrow morning. I think it's great that someone asked you to join them in walking - I cannot seem to find anyone that wants to here :( I go very early and most of the ladies I know work... sure would love the company!

Hi *KRISTI & LYNNE*
I do hope that the two of you are doing well...
*Thinking of you*

*God Bless*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JuNe MiLeS: 13.0

MichelleRae
06-15-2004, 11:28 PM
Wow Sunny!!! Your posts always bring tears to my eyes and inspiration into my heart! Sunny even when I start doing Body for life I am not leaving you guys!! I couldn't possibly! I just need to bump up my workout! So I'm trying some high intensity workouts and lots of weight training!! I get to order my cross bow platinum on friday!! 1000 bucks but it will be such a great investment! I know what you mean about taking awhile to heal after an illness, I'm the same way! No, the challenge isn't the discovery health one (I don't think) The book is called Body for Life by bill phillips and I have read about half way through it and I'm just so excited to start!!

Well I need to get my hiney in bed I'm tired! Keep up the wonderful work!!
Michelle

lovnmom
06-16-2004, 03:37 PM
I'm trying again!!!! Dealing with a virus!!!

Sunny, I'm praying your old energy will back soon. You sound very determined and I think making a date with a friend was a very good move. You are definitely not the type to let anyone down, so I know you'll be back to Curves as planned. Have a great time with the hubby!
Michelle, Let us know how you like the bowflex. I have friend that swears by hers. I plan in July to drop my goal miles but add strength training. I don't have it worked out completely yet, but I will. I'm so glad you plan to stick with us here. Great job on your recent loss!!
Sheila, You have so much to be proud of. You not only have made exercise a priority, but you've made your niece one happy girl this past month. You keep your head high and keep on strolling. You are doing awesome!!

AS for me, a great day at scouting day camp with 8 y/o son on Mon. He got a home run playing "Jurassic Baseball" You'd have thought he won the "World Series" good fun. Yesterday I surprised a dear friend by having a beatiful veggie salad with grilled chicken all prepared for her after she got off work. We were to go out, but I just felt like doing something for someone that I knew would appreciate it. She truly did. We had watermelon for dessert and then took a 3 mile walk on the country roads by her farm. It was very nice. We ended up talking well past 10pm. It was truly good for my soul.
Take care ladies!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 28.5

lovnmom
06-18-2004, 09:53 AM
My DH has completely flushed our computer and restored everything. It's amazing how much faster it's moving. Yesterday was a good day! Both DD and DS won their ballgames, I found a walker with wheels at St. Vincent's for my mom, and DS and I had a great time on another cub outing. I didn't get any miles in, but I did get allot of exercise with the scouts. Me and the children were on the go all day yesterday. We were getting a surprise ready for my DH. Today is our 10 year anniversary, tomorrow is his BD and Sun is Fathher's Day. We bought him one of those quick set pools that look like a big honey pot. I found one Wal Mart that had the 18' x 48" one. Me and the children have the ground pretty much rock free and are about to start filling it. We normally buy a season pass from our local pool, but this year all the kids are in so many activities I just don't want to run 4 miles to go swimming as well. I figure on swim days I can get some work done and keep an eye on them. My DH loves to relax in the pool, but by the time he gets done work running to town and putting up with other children doesn't seem relaxing. I know he's just going to love being able to have a swim right before or after supper. All we have today is a 20 min band lesson.Yippee!!!! So I'm planning 3 miles.
Have a great day ladies!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 31.5

SunnyD57
06-19-2004, 07:40 AM
http://www.wegotcards.com/cards/cs/friend/WreathFrnds.JPG

:wave: Good Morning Gals,

What a wonderfully refreshing day it is here today - cool and clear (no humidity!). I am so sorry but I cannot stay on long (the hubby is hungry ;) ) and I haven't read your posts yet, but I just wanted to touch base with you gals while I had a moment and let you know that I am thinking of you & did get in a brief walk yesterday - 2 more miles. Oh and I went to Curves on Wed. & on Friday and am beginning to feel so much better.

I'll catch up with you all the first moment I am able to, okay.
I miss you gals!
*God Bless*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JuNe MiLeS: 15.0

lovnmom
06-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Good morning Sunny, I'm so glad you've been able to get back pretty much back to your regular routine. I knew as soon as you'd made the date with a friend to meet you at Curves you'd be back on track. DH just dumped a couple loads of sand in our back yard. We think it's level enough for our pool now. I'm not sure if I mentioned earlier it was a surprise for him. I could tell he didn't like the cost, but once the initial shock was over and everything is geting put together and filled up I can tell he's just as excited as the children. He's working all day today 7am to 10pm on his birthday. We plan to spend most of the day with him at the store and we have plans to see the new Garfield movie tomorrow. When there's nothing special for my BD I don't mind, but when it's his I feel bad. We're treating the congregation to cake and ice cream tomorrow in honor of our 10th anniversary so DH is getting his favorite PB and chocolate chip cookies today. I don't plan to walk today, but who knows!?

Have a great weekend everybody!

Kristi

SunnyD57
06-19-2004, 12:18 PM
http://www.wegotcards.com/cards/pat/anniversary3.GIF

*HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY!*

Good Afternoon *KRISTI*
Your plans for the DH sound wonderful! Happy Birthday Wishes for him!
So do your plans for the pool!!!! My sister just got a pool (she lives in Maine) and loves it!!! I am so happy for you & your family.

Guess what Kristi, it's our anniversary on MONDAY - June 21st - Joe & I will be celebrating 29 years together and he turns 51 on the 25th. Joe is taking the day off, but it looks like a rainy Monday for us, so we are planning to catch a couple movies out and then we are meeting our best buds, Mike & Peggy, for dinner out that evening. If it gets nice out instead we'll plan on spending some time at the park - just enjoying outdoor time together and walking... I just really need to get out more, so when this weather is nice - we are outside!

You're killin' me!!! :o Those PB & C-Chip Cookies sound so delish!!!! When I want a cookie and cave those are what I bake too!! My favs!! When can I come over?? :lol:

Later...
Luvs,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
06-19-2004, 12:28 PM
http://www.wegotcards.com/cards/chaz/bday/9.GIF

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!*

*SHEILA*
Here's to your birthday this coming Monday - the 21st of June :cheers: (a very good day I might add ;) ) Joe and I will be out all day and so I wanted to be sure I didn't miss you... so I posted wishes early. Hope you don't mind :^: You doing anything special for your birthday?

How are you doing these days?
Have you been able to get back to Curves? I just got back last week - I am so glad I did!

I am so glad that I provided some encouragement for you - it is so important for us to hang in there & with one another's support we can... we all have bad days and need that lift from our friends ;) Hang in there, Sheila.

*Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!*
Luvs,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
06-19-2004, 12:40 PM
http://www.wegotcards.com/cards/friends/buddies/thin.GIF

*MICHELLE*
I am so glad you plan on still hanin' with us :smug:

Happy you liked what I posted as well... I just know how good it feels to have you and the other gals to support me in times of need. And we need to be reminded on how far we all have come! Hope that this note finds you doing well and having a wonderful weekend :goodvibes

Oh... as soon as I do get a new pair of shoes I will post on that thread and let you know what I get ;) okay.

Time to make lunch...
Later...
Luvs,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lovnmom
06-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Hi Sunny, Thanks for the anniversary wish. Ten yrs doesn't sound like much compared to 29, but truly it feels as though my DH has always been a part of me. The way you write of your Dh I know you understand what I'm saying. You two sound so happy and so right for each other. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary as well. A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweety too. I have to share a story from our early days in dating. My DH then was only 23 and I was 27. We had had what I though a very lovely evening out. Upon arriving home my DH got very serious and asked me what I REALLY wanted from a man and in a relationship. My answer was someone honest and true that would do a good days work and come home to me without stopping at the tavern first. He would also want to be a father a real father that took part in every part of his children's lives. He would also have to be reverent willing to attend church and make sure that his children were educated in the Lord. His poor young face seemed to get more and more tense as I talked. This was indeed the first time in my life I had ever been so honest and to the point with any man. Anyway, he finally rather hung his head and humbly admitted that we shouldn't see each other any more, because he just didn't think that he could live up to all those expectations. I looked down, this not being what I expected him to say, and then smiled a truly blossoming smile. I looked at him and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. I told him it was ok that he felt that way and that we didn't have to see each other if that's what he thought was right, but ended with because I know you'll be back. In that couple minutes I knew whole heartedly we were meant for each other forever. After that night we saw each other on occasion due to mutual friends, but didn't date for three months when out of the blue he called to tell me he wanted to try to be the man I was looking for. Raising four children hasn't always been easy, but he's never let me down since. Thank God for our good men. I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did reliving it!!
Hope your weekend was terrific!

Kristi

MichelleRae
06-20-2004, 08:29 PM
AWWWWW Kristi!!! That was such a touching story!! I loved it!! Keep up your good work girly!!

Sunny!! You are doing a wonderful job as well!!! I love all your pictures that you put in your posts, I always lookforward to seeing what you post!!

Well today was my weigh in and I've lost another 2 lbs so I just hit my 30 lb loss mark!! Yayy!! I was so excited!!!

I'm sorry this post is so short but I had such a long day and I'm exhausted!! I will post more tomorrow.
Have a good evening girls!!
Michelle

lovnmom
06-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Michelle, Congrats on two more pounds and your 30 pound total. You have just done wonderful. You have been a great inspiration the way you have been willing to make the necessary changes to continue losing rather than plateuing and giving up. I'm so glad I've met you.
Sheila, It's wonderful that you got 2 miles in and push mowed your lawn. (not to mention your happy niece!) The biggest change I've noticed for you is how being active and making exercise a natural part of your life is very important to you. WTG Your mint garden sounds yummy! I have to admit I didn't know you could grow mint in all those different flavors. That's so cool. My two oldest have ball at 9am-10:30am this morning. I plan to walk 4 miles while they're practicing. I had such a good weekend I forgot to mention my 2# loss. I now have lost 20 since I started back at it. I feel so good, so many things are becoming habits. I feel less "forced" to eat and exercise. That's the greatest part.
Sunny, Hi, to you!
Lynne, Totally miss you. Come back whenever you get the chance!
You all have a great day!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 34.5

lovnmom
06-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Well ladies, I finally pushed myself when on the trail and did 4 miles in 50 min. That is 10 min less than I ever achieved. I felt so good that I continued to walk for another mile. ( walking felt sooooo good compared to jogging! ) I had a large group of bycyclers go past me and I resisted the urge to walk. That's an accomplishment in itself. Thanks so much for hanging in there with me these past months. I know if I wouldn't have had someone to share these achievments with I would I would have quit long before now!!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS 35.5

14.5 MiLeS and 1# to go for JuNe GoAlS

WNYmom
06-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone. Man has it been a while since I was here. I don't recognize anyone from before when I was here. I really need to get back into the swing of things. I still have about 15-20 lbs to loose. My goal is to get down to 130-135. I started at 209 and now sitting at 150. I have a treadmill that is so neglected.
Maybe I should introduce myself. I'm Janine, 44 year old SAHM. My family and I live outside Buffalo, NY.

lovnmom
06-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Good day Sheila, I know exactly how you feel when you say you don't enjoy the exercise. Up until the past month or so I was exactly the same way. Honestly, I hate to start every time I do, but at least now I enjoy how I'm feeling about half way through. Setting new goals or myself and actually reaching them seems to be what helps make it more enjoyable. That's where 3FC comes in. You all make me feel so good when I've reached a new goal with all the kind words and many days this is MY journaling. I figure a journal is to make me feel good and reflect now, not something that has to be left for my loved ones. So, I write to you all and get terrific feedback. It's a win win here. Keep your eye on your goals and you'll do great. It must be so sad for you to have your niece leaving. My prayers are with you.

Janine, Hi again, I believe. Are you the Janine that does the car shows? If so it's great to talk to you again. There's a great group of ladies here that will support you right on to your last 20# loss.

Had a great morning. DD and DS both won their ballgames and the weather is very pretty if only a little too cool for my liking!! Planning just 2.5 miles today. I have tons of housework to do. Yick!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 38

WNYmom
06-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Janine, Hi again, I believe. Are you the Janine that does the car shows? If so it's great to talk to you again. There's a great group of ladies here that will support you right on to your last 20# loss.

Yep that's me. Still doing the shows also. Got one to work this Sat then going to another on Sunday. I kind of lost track of things here when the boards went down several months ago. I have also been rather busy with things here at home.

SunnyD57
06-23-2004, 09:25 AM
http://p.webshots.com/ProThumbs/76/47276_wallpaper280.jpg

Hello Gals! :df:
I am so sorry I haven't been around lately... I feel if I don't walk I shouldn't post. I haven't been walking much on the T-Mill or logging miles, but I have been very active with cleaning and with gardening. Our weather has just been so beautiful! I also have been going to Curves (went this morning). I got the DvD's but haven't used them yet. I will, but find it hard to do anything *indoors* with the weather so beautiful right now. It's in the mid 70's and the humidity is GONE with a lovely breeze - just perfect! If we had weather like this all summer - everyone would be happy. That won't happen, so I am taking it all in while it's here ;)

*~*~*

*KRISTI*
:cp: 4 miles in 50 min. - I only wish right now --- so good Kristi!! I barely get 2.5 miles in 50 min... you are doing so well!!! :cp: Another 2 lbs gone for a total of 20 lost - "Awesome!" :cheer:

Congrats on that pool - you will be so happy when it's done and so will your hubby. He'll be so glad once he gets in that first dip and forget about all the pain before (much like having a baby :lol: )

And 10 years is allot today! Don't ever think that about your anniversary... I think that it is wonderful to see anyone married today over 5-7 years. So very sad when you think about it, huh. So don't ever put your 10 in a different place from anyone ;) You and hubby work very hard I am sure with your lives together, with your children and outside sources of stress. I am happy for you and hubby and hope you had a wonderful day together.

*MICHELLE*
Glad you like my pictures ;) Me too :lol:

:eek: WoW!!!! :bravo: CONGRATS on losing 30 lbs!!!! I am so very happy for you! You just have to be flying high right now... keep up the wonderful work. As Kristi stated - you are quite an inspiration to us!!!

Joe & I had a wonderful day together... it was very quiet - we just stayed home and worked on a couple projects we have been wanting to work on (perfect weather for it) and then we went out to dinner with our friends that evening... they bought us dinner and we had a great evening. They are our best buds and we love going out to dinner together. We sometime meet after church for brunch too.

How's the weight lifting coming along??? How are you doing?

*SHEILA*
Hey there girl...
Thank-you so much for the wishes :)

So did you write your wishes and goals down? Are you journaling? How is it working for you so far? I think you are on the right track. It is so hard to keep focused and so you have to come up with ideas to keep things interesting... at least that's what I have to do... I get tired of routine very easily and have to change things up all the time. I too resist exercising allot, but once I get going I feel so much better. I do that with Curves too --- I didn't want to go this morning, but after I worked out I just felt so much better! *Thinking of you!*

Good thing you isolated that mint --- it sure does take over! But I too didn't know that there were so many varieties of it --- great for tea's! Yum!!

*JANINE*
Hello there...

I am SunnyD aka Donna, 47 years young and am married 29 years to Joe. I do not work outside of the home ;) And we have three boys (cats): Domino (8), & brothers- Guido (2) & Zeppe (2) - yes, cats to everyone else ~ but they are our kids. And four fish: Smudge, Mickey, Zoe & Sadie... everyone gets a name :lol: Joe & I sing in a small group at church called *Gift of Song* and we have sung for Weddings & Funerals (too many funerals this year I am afraid). I belong to Curves and go 3x a week I also Walk on my T-Mill or in the park whenever I can. I have lost 22 lbs. so far (note my graph at the bottom of my post) and hope to lose another 38 lbs. before Sept/04 :crossed: I am trying like the dickens to get it off. The food program I follow is portion control - work off more calories then I take in. My meals are very close to the South Beach Diet in Phase II of the program. I have a picture of me in MY PUBLIC PROFILE in case you like to see what I look like ;) --- I love pictures, as the others on this thread will tell you, and post allot of them :lol: It's great to see yours as your avatar ;)

Nice to meet you...

:wave: *Hi LYNNE*
Miss you! :^: Hope you are doing well!!!

*~*~*

Well gang... I really must be going. I have a porch to clean today --- it's all enclosed and my cats are out there allot watching birds and sleeping (such a life), so I have allot of dust and fur to clean :fr: a big project. So I want to get going before I change my mind :lol:

Later...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lovnmom
06-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Hi Sunny, Thanks so much for all the congrats. That's why I love 3FC. My friends here are excited for me and encourage my health efforts. My face to face friends comments are always, "Oh, ok." They don't want to talk about since they're not into it..... Don't worry about walking and posting here going hand in hand. I love reading your posts. You and your husband lives are so interesting. The love you share always comes through your writings. I'm so glad you two had a wonderful night out with your best buds!!

Janine, It's so good to hear from you again. I can tell by your new picture that your program has been working beautifully for you. I too didn't post here for quite some time. I had hit my goal at the time and stupidly thought I could go it alone. I ended up gaining about 15# back this winter. The new ladies here are very encouraging ans who knows maybe some of us from last year will return. We did!

Today it's summer reading program for the 3 youngest and softball for the 2 middle children. We will be going to my mom's for lunch. An update since her stroke : physically she's doing much better, but mentally it's very challenging. She is so afraid to be alone at all. I'm thinking professional help may be necessary. It's a fear she's going to have to face. I'm hoping that it will be the driving force in her making the decision to sell her home and move into a senior apartment building. In our area many of the buildings have just a dozen apt. making it a cozy enviornment. Anyway that and walking 3 miles are my plans for today.
Have a great day all.

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 41

LynneA
06-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Wow I am a ditz! I put this in the WATP June thread by accident!

That was another blonde moment brought to you by your favourite ditz, Lynne! :lol:

Hello all :)

Sorry I haven't been able to post much, my personal life took a turn for the hectic last week. Plus we've been losing phone/internet lines quite regular due to the road works on our street.

I'm still walking but focusing most of my time on the elliptical/weights. I see some of you are still doing really well!

I'm down another 3lbs. My new goal is 185 by July 24th.

Anyway, I walked 2 miles this morning, which brings my total to 14 for june, not great but I have been working the elliptical and weights pretty good..

I missed talking to you girls the past week, things are calmer here now so hopefully I'll be back to posting daily again. The garden has gone crazy bearing fruit, we are up to our ears in squash and cucmbers at the moment. The squash is so good though, much nicer than store bought. I'm still studying for my driving test but can't take it until after July 1st due to some new law in Tennessee. Don't ask :lol: it's a long story. Our baby chickens are growing at an alarming rate and are now firmly settled in their new chicken pen. I could watch their antics all day but we're worried that they might all be boys, they spar with each other all the time. It would be just our luck to have all boys and no girls! :lol: .

Do you guys have plans for the 4th of July? We're heading up to Michigan to see the in laws, it's lovely up there and I enjoy visiting plus my mother in law is super nice (guess I got lucky there!).

Well, I should go, stuff to do, chickens to see etc. Take care, it's nice being back and I hope to talk to you all later :).

lovnmom
06-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Lynne, It's terrific to hear from. A huge congrats on the 3# loss. I think it's great that you are into other things as well as walking. I've mentioned in past posts that I plan to add resistance training this next month. I had planned to drop my miles goal, but I have found an ab workout in an old Prevention magazine that looks promising, but shouldn't take up allot of time. My waiste is now only 1" larger than it was before having children!!!! I'm so excited. It's been such a long road. Of course it wouldn't have been if I hadn't kept turning around so often lol. DH finally mentioned the other day that I really am loking just like when he met me! I can't complain that it took him so long though, because he never once complained about my being larger. Not all women are that lucky........We too just ordered chicks today. 30 fryers, 20 layers, 1 rooster, and 5 ducks. The only animals (other than pets) I've ever raised were pigs. I hope I don't mess up and lose too many. They're so cute, I'd just feel terrible.....Once again, WTG marching onto your goals!!!

Kristi

SunnyD57
06-23-2004, 11:54 PM
I couldn't sleep, so I thought I would catch up...

*LYNNE*
Wonderful to see you!!!! :dance:
And to hear that you are down another 3 lbs!!!!!!!!! :cp: :cheer:
You are doing wonderfully!!! Keep up the great work!

We sure missed you too! :yes: I am so glad you came back. I loved hearing about your animals and gardens... I am afraid our veggie gardens aren't doing as well as yours ;)

Nope... no plans for the 4th of July --- just kickin' back and realxing. Michigan sounds delightful! *Enjoy*! I too was bless with a beautiful MIL, but she died way too soon! In 1989... she lost a baby the same year I was born, so when I married Joe she told me that I was the baby she lost - the baby's name was *Grace* so she used to call me Grace sometimes. I felt honored and very loved by her and miss her very much! Enjoy your MIL - she sounds special.

*KRISTI*
I have friends and family like that too! It's almost like they don't want me to feel and look my best - what's up with that anyway? When I love someone I am happy for them when they are successful with anything they do in life to improve themselves or accomplish - why can't it be reciprocal? Strange how life is sometimes... that is why I too am thankful for you gals (& guys) cheering me on!

Friday is Joe's 51st Birthday :hb: and I got him a Hammock today - here is a picture of he and the two boys enjoying it this evening on our porch. It sure didn't take them long to break it in! :lol: :smug: See Guido underneath? And Zeppe on Joe's legs? Silly kitties... the Hammock isn't for them :^:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Home%20Pictures/Joe_1.jpg

I took it down (it collapses) tonight and am going to finish clearing and cleaning the porch tomorrow (I started it today) making space for it to stay set up. It will be something I will enjoy too - during the day time hours - and Joe will enjoy it when he comes home from work... he loves spending time with is buddy, Zeppe, watching birds with their eyes closed :lol:

Well, I am going to go back to bed and try to get some sleep.
*God Bless* and *Good Night*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lovnmom
06-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi Sunny, It sure looks like Joe is enjoying his gift!!! How thoughtful of you. Your Zeppe looks very much like our Tom John. Our kitty is so independent. Totally comes and goes as he pleases. We were very lucky a few years back. I was at work (our store right next to our home) I noticed something in the road. It didn't look familiar in anyway, but something (we know who) told me to go out and see what it was. It was our Tom. He hadn't been hit, but had had a close call. He was obviuosly in shock and afraid to move. By the time I got there to get him some 5 or 6 other cars had zoomed passed him. When I realized what it was I was frantic of course. Luckily he was right on the center line and did not get hit!!! Since then he stays much closer to home!! Here, like you, our pets are totally part of the family. LAst night we had a tornado scare and ended up in the basement. When you have 4 children they are your first concern, but of course they were worried about the pets. Our basement is not a part of our living quarters and our dog (45#) wanted nothing to do with going down there. It was a struggle, but finally he was safe!!! Luckily, it was a false alarm and the tornadoe actually touched down about 30 miles from us. But when that whistles blows you go. Anyway, truly hope hubby has a great birthday!!...........As far as healthy living goes. I have been doing real well and true to form when shopping last night I bought a red raspberrie pie (on sale) intending to treat myself. I ended up not eating!!! I was so proud. I've been reading a book titled 14 Super Foods and it stuck in my head. I had also bought bing cherries and decided for the 300 calories I'd get from a SMALL piece of pie I could actually eat cherries until I was full. That's exactly what I did. Yum Yum......Planning just 2 miles today.
Have a great day everyone!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 43

lovnmom
06-24-2004, 06:41 PM
I did get my 2 miles in today, but had to go s-l-o-w. My right knee is bothering me. So, I went at 3.2 mph and did some incline. I ended up still burning 380 cals. I just watched tv and went with the flow. I'll take some naproxen tonight and hopefully be good as new tomorrow.

Have a good night all

Kristi

lovnmom
06-25-2004, 10:24 AM
My knee is feeling much better this morning, but still not like I'd like it to. So, I'm planning 3 slow miles for today. It feels good to be relaxing a bit anyway. My waiste measured an inch smaller all this week so I totally know I'll be hitting my goals for the month as long as I don't get too laid back and allow myself to eat more relaxed as well. Actually I'm tickled pink with my progress. I've dropped 20# and 3" off my waiste since March 15th. Putting me at only 10# heavier and 1" larger than before I had children. Anyway, I hope you all find time to post and have a great weekend.

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 46

lovnmom
06-26-2004, 09:40 AM
It looks like everyone must be living a much more exciting life than me!!!!!! I actuall did 4 miles yesterday so I've hit my mile goal for this month, I hit my speed goal on the 4th, and today I weighed 135# so, I've hit all three goals for this month. Yippeeee!!!
I got my pool pump all set up last night and ran it for 3 hrs. The water is clean and has finally gotten warm. Amazing since most of our days have been running 64* at the most. It's suppose to start warming up for the next week now with a chance of rain only on one day. Well, planning 2 miles and some swimming today, but also planning a camp fire which will mean eating a few too many cals., but I'll do ok.
Sunny, Michelle, Lynne, Sheila, miss you ladies. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 52

SunnyD57
06-27-2004, 07:32 AM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/ecards/friendship/gdmsthveknwn08/1.jpg

:coffee2: Good Morning *KRISTI*
Noooo, I haven't left... just have been busy with the hubby being home for his birthday and all ;) You poor girl --- left all alone here... I'm sorry :sorry: It's not that my life is more exciting then yours at all ~ I have just not walked and as I mentioned before felt guilty about not walking and couldn't bring myself to post if I had not done so :^:

I didn't walk at all this week :nono: :( and boy do I ever feel it :p I just couldn't stand how yucky I felt this morning and went for a small walk of 2.25miles. This month has not been a good month for me at all!! I am hoping that I will pick it up allot this coming month :yes: I got real down for awhile because I wasn't well enough to walk, but then when I got well - I went a couple times, but not each day like I was... the longer I went without walking to harder it was to get back into it! I really had to push myself this morning to go - but I so hate feeling like this more then I hate walking - you know... I have been feeling self conscious again (not confident like I was) and have put on a couple pounds unlike you gals with all your losing ( :cry: crying for me - happy for you gals! :yes: ). I won't change my graph when I gain any back, because it gives me motivation to lose that again and then some to stay true to it. I am hoping that it won't take long to get those pounds off again. As positive as I can be most times - it's is so hard to accept myself when I am low... I have very high expectations of myself (to a fault) and can get very overwhelmed. Are you following me :lol: It feels good to have a place to come and vent ;) Most places I go to post expect me to be so upbeat that when I feel like this and have a bad week it's so hard. Thanks for letting me vent here.

I will get back "on program" this week --- I promised myself! ;)

Thanks so much Kristi, for not giving up on us here and keeping the thread going :^:

:wave: "Hello's" to MICHELLE, LYNNE & SHEILA :wave:
I miss you gals too!

*Have a wonderful Sunday*
I know I will now that I have vented and have walked ;)
Thanks again gals!

Luvs,

http://www.ecardgallery.com/ecards/friendship/gdmsthveknwn08/divider.gif

SunnyD57
06-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Woops! :o

I forgot to log in my miles :dizzy:
I have so few this month - I can't afford to do that :D

Me <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JuNe MiLeS: 17.25

SunnyD57
06-27-2004, 07:44 AM
Ohhhh *KRISTI* :^:
I was so into my feelings this morning --- forgive me in neglecting you :sorry:

I am glad to hear that your knee is feeling better now... maybe you just pushed yourself too hard and didn't give your body enough time to rest in between? Hope you feel great today! ;)

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lovnmom
06-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Dear Sunny, I figured you were busy celebrating your honey's birthday with him. My wanting to correspond with you ladies really has very little to do with how much you walk. I just really like you all! I'm just sorry that you've been down. Not feeling as confident as in the past. I don't know if it helps, but we all do go through times like these. I hope the next time you enter a funk you come here. Don't think that you have to be upbeat all the time. I love and am grateful for the support and kind words you have given me in the past couple of months. I would like the oportunity to give back to you as well. The road to good health we've chosen is a long one. We will hit bumpy patches where the numbers on the scale will rise and the exercise will feel like torture. These are the patches where we hook ourselves to the bumper of a friend and get pulled along until we're ready to go on our own steam again. I know you'll come out of this. You and the hubby will be strolling the park and making your sneakers smoke and you'll be back with your friends at Curves. Being good to yourself and making everyone around you smile. I think it's awesome that you got out there and did those miles today even when you didn't feel like it. Sometimes pushing ourselves is the best thing we can do to show ourselves love. I know you'll be feeling better soon. You're in my prayers as always Lovely Lady!

Kristi
1 mile today

JuNe MiLeS : 53

Today was a good day with #1 daughter. Just the 2 of us picked up cappacinos and headed to church. Instead of sitting in a pew we went straight to the church basement and put up a new bulletin board in the fellowship hall. My beautiful daughter drew a huge sun surrounded by 8 different kinds of birds with little music notes around them. Her message. Let the SON shine.....Walk in the light, for He is in the light. John 1:7. It may have been unorthodox to work through the service listening on the intercom, but she's learning to serve. To feel our church is home. One of the elderly women gave her a huge hug and thanked her for sprucing the place up. Her knowing she was appreciated was a wonderful good thing.
Walk in the light All!

Kristi

SunnyD57
06-28-2004, 07:16 AM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/ecards/friendship/chrshedfrnds08/1.jpg

Awweee *KRISTI*
You are the best!
I can feel the love :love: and support -
*Thank you so much!*

I did get in another 2.25 miles already this morning :yes: I woke up at 4:50am and was out the door by 5am :dizzy: I got home just before the rains began, it was so nice! I cannot believe how much better I am feeling in just the two days I have gotten back into walking :^: We went to church yesterday and out with our friends to brunch and just laughed... nice day! Then I made a pasta meal with scallops for dinner - I feel so much better then I have in the last 16 days! Tomorrow I'll go back to Curves. Today I have some projects I must get done and at 3:00 we have a guy coming over to give an estimate to re-roof our home... my hubby will be home early - he wants to be here when the guy comes. I did get my wicker patio set repainted this weekend - it looks so nice under our tree now. Joe & I bought this wicker set when we first married and were overseas... it was our very first set of furniture ;) and it is now outdoors with a fresh coat of paint (minus the one chair that really got busted up). We have a loveseat, 1 chair and table to the set left... I hated the thought of throwing it out, so I fixed it up. I'll get pics of it in our yard later so you can see, k :^:

Kristi, how's the pool coming along??

:cp: :bravo: :dance: ***CONGRATS*** :dance: :bravo: :cp:
ON MEETING YOUR 135 GOAL AND YOUR WALKING GOALS!!!!!
I am so jealous ;) I would give my eye teeth to weigh 135 again --- well, maybe not my eye teeth - then what good would it do me to lose weight if I am look funny because I am missing my teeth :lol:
***BRAVO***

You really did touch me this morning when I read your post :^: ...
again, Kristi, I thank you for everything. God has given you such a tender heart and it shows in your posts. You just don't know how much you have helped my spirits --- I have the biggest smile on my face right now :D

My hubby is getting ready for work, so I must be going.
Catch you later...

I see the light again :)

http://www.ecardgallery.com/ecards/friendship/chrshedfrnds08/div.gif

JuNe MiLeS: 19.5

PS>>> :wave: Hello's to MICHELLE, LYNNE & SHEILA :wave:
Miss you gals! ;)

lovnmom
06-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Bravo to you Sunny!!! I can never get myself out the door that early. So many times I'm lying there wide awake thinking how I shoud go now and have it done,buuuuuut I just lay there and waite for the alarm.......mmmmm scallops, they are my favorite sea food and pasta sounds so good. Pasta is the one thing I really miss when trying to lose. It's just so hard to fit it in and stay under cals and feel full. So, it's been relegated to the "once a month club" right along with so many of my favorite foods. I think it's so cool that you still have something from when you were first married. I don't seem to take very good care of my things :( . Well, we've been to ball, I've hung out laundry and cleaned the pool, now it's time to get lunch on the table so DD isn't lare for her sax lesson. She's so excited, it's the last lesson of the summer. I had a great Sun. started a new book by Max Lucado and spent a relaxing day with my family. Planning to do 2 miles while the children use the computers at the library.
Sheila, So nice to hear from you. It's too bad you haven't been well. DH has been dealing with much the same thing. It's wonderful how much walking you got done the past few days. You rock girl!!!
Sunny, I very much enjoyed your poem this morning. Thank you so much!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 55

lovnmom
06-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Hey Sheila, The last time I weighed 135 for longer than a day I was in the 7th grade as well. lol No joke though. Maintaining is totally an issue for me. I have gained and lost the same 15-20 pounds each spring for the past 3 yrs. I'm very positive this time. I really feel like I have a great support group in you ladies and that will make a huge difference! I am sp roud of you!!! You surpassed your goal miles and have 4 cutesy flowers that add up to 20 pounds gone and you've allready set your goals for July. That's so awesome. I'm putting off setting my July goals, becauseI just don't know how hard I'm actually willing to work. DO I want to add weights, do I want to add resistance, how about yoga, do I actually want to be able to go faster?!?!? I just don't know. Part of me says, do what you're doing you're happy. The other said laughs andsays, sure, stay with the samegoals and exercises and hit a plateu you can't get past!!!! All I know for sure is I have 2 days to figure it out. Wish me luck...... Has your niece left for the service yet? I'm praying for you and your family to have strength during her absence. A young man from our church is stationed in Iraq. It was all very sad. He's a national guardsman and full time police officer. He left behind two very young sons and a pregnant wife. Since his departure his wife has given birth to another son who is now almost 4 months old. Wonderfully he got to come home yesterday for a 2 wk leave. He was suppose to 3 times before and those visits were cancelled. I hope this time he was at the airport last night!!
Well lady, here's to loved ones especially ourselves.
Have a great eve.

Kristi

lovnmom
06-30-2004, 11:01 AM
See ladies, I didn't post intended miles yesterday and so I didn't do any!! I need you ladies to keep me honest, even unto myself. I plan to do 4 miles today to round out my month. I srill have made no final decision on my July goals so I guess I'll aite and do that in JuLy WaLkErS tomorrow. Had a great time last. Had some company over. They had invited themselves so all I di was make kool aid and provide paper plates and such. Ended up doing another campfire and yes, eating about 10 marshmallows and had 2 glasses of wine. Both no nos, but tomorrows a new month with new challenges. We ended up with 2 extra children spending the night, but they had brkfst and are allready gone.......Sheila, Your niece sounds as if she's in the same position I was. I was 18 and had made plans with a naval reqruiter to go to basic in Sept. (final papers hadn't been signed) In late July he called and said there was an opening in FL for me now if I left in 4 days. I'd been dating a guy for about a mth and just COULDN'T say good bye (I was not quite 18) Long story short. The relationship lasted about 6 more months I never did go at all and still regret it. That sounds bad I know, because my life with DH and children is terrific and wouldn't have happened, but I'll never know what else I may have been and my wonderful DH came after many more boyfriends than the one I put my life on hold for.......I will pray your niece makes the right decision for herself and for the rest of you that you can except her decision....
Sunny, Michelle, Lynne, you ladies have a good day as well!

Kristi

JuNe MiLeS : 55

SunnyD57
07-01-2004, 06:49 AM
Here is a Link to JuLy WaLkErS :)

See you all there...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42826