South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 08:24 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Monday Morning Chat Time.

Morning chickies just thought I would get things started as it is 9:21 and no one is up yet. It is finally a beautiful sunny day here and I have been hanging out clothes. I have a ton of laundry to do as I did no indoor chores yesterday. Well chickes grab your and come over and tell us about your plans for the day. Have a great one. I must go finish up my indoor chores so I can take the wee ones outside and maybe sneek in a little gardening. Then I am going to do some cooking and baking for the week, maybe if I plan a little better the eating thing will go a little better. Have a happy day chickies.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey Little Chick!

I'm going to see my psychiatrist this morning (I'm damned if I'm cancelling... it's the only thing I do for myself. Okay, apart from eating.), and then I think I'll be heading back over to the hospital. Dad was sick all last night again, so Mom is going to try to get him into emergency. He refuses to go again... she may have to call an ambulance.

Have a great day, girls... I'll try to check in later...
Old 05-31-2004, 08:40 AM   #3  

Well, I am off work today because of Memorial Day and I still need to decide what I want to do. My DH and son didn't call last night so I don't know what time they will be back from their model rocket/camping trip. I guess I'll have to call them in a bit. It is only 7:39 here in Texas but I need to do outdoor stuff soon because of the heat.

Maybe I'll go to the city pool later. Oh! I finally got on my treadmill last night. I think it had been over 6 months since I last used it. I put in a tape and walked 2 miles!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:01 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Little Chick! Thanks for starting us off! Hanging laundry outside sounds so awesome! I bet everything will smell amazing! I have never hung laundry outside, but have heard that it is wonderful! We have overcast skies and cold temps here.

Ellis! I am so sorry that your dad is not feeling well...maybe they can speed up the surgery date so he can feel better soon? How frustrating for your mom to not be able to get him going to the hospital. My grandfather was the same way, sometimes. I hope he feels much better soon. I will be keeping him in my prayers.

Congrats on the exercise, Barbara! I hear you about the heat. Here in NY, it's not a problem yet, but in CA, I remember having to do everything before 10:00 so you could avoid the heat! Hope you can get in the pool. What a great day for it!

I'm at work...we do not get the day off, but several coworkers took it as a vacation day, so I hope to spend the time finishing up schoolwork for my final class on Wednesday.

We got a ton of gardening done this weekend...DH was a wonderful help and did more than his share. I'm really pleased with how it is turning out, though I realized we need more flowers!

Stayed OP all weekend, even with a ton of distractions. Went to TGI Fridays for dinner on Friday . They have an Atkins approved menu, now, and Applebee's has a WW menu. Interesting! I had steak and chicken fajitas with no rice and tortillas. I brought one WW tortilla with me. It was super delicious! The sour cream was full fat, I am sure, as was the smidgen of cheese, but otherwise it was totally OP. I really enjoyed it! I was so tired when we got home that I even went to bed without my PB cup!

Last night we had the WW lasagna from the cookbook, but added Mild Italian sausage to it for protein. It was really good!

Not much else going on. Hope all is well with everyone on the beach and the US chickies enjoy the day off and take a minute to remember those lost in war.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:03 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ellis my love take care of yourself, good for you not canceling your appointment. As mothers/Daughters we tend not to do things for ourselves, if we don't look after us then we won't be able to look after anyone else. Barb good for you getting on that treadmill, I have been using my again as well. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by little chick; 05-31-2004 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:36 PM   #6  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Just got back from my walk/run. Finally a warm day here. This is the first Memorial Day I've had off for years! It's so nice. I'm hearing sirens all over the place and all I have to do is say a quick prayer and not be in the middle of it. What a relief.

Enjoyed reading the challenge results and challenges for June. You are all inspiring.

Keep it up and we'll make it happen in june.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:12 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I was up and at it early as my posts will prove but the day kind of gained momentum! It's Gail Day and there was lots to tidy and organize before she came.

I took Hersh to the kennel for a bath and trim and Keith the owner suggested I leave Lucy just for the day to get her accustomed to it. (She freaked last time!) She seemed like an entirely different dog this time. Of course, she and Hershey chased the hens into the woods which was a fun thing! Silly doggies!

Finally this evening we will be getting the barrel planters with earth placed around the Village so I am off to mark the spots where they are to go. I will look pretty silly but am taking flour and my sifter to make solid circles where they are to be centred! Wanna bet the guy doesn't show and it rains tonight and washes away my marks? Actually I'm not too concerned as I am on my last nerve as far as this Community In Blooms is concerned and threatened to just turn over the flowers to the chairperson to plant! Once the flowers are in place, they will have to deal with the watering question because it sure isn't going to be me! I have the Fairground to do and that's enough!

As to weightloss in May, I lost 4 pounds which was pretty good considering all the slippage as far as being OP. I think all the gardening offset some of the carbs and other indiscretions.

Have a super Monday afternoon.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:31 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks Laurie and Little Chick.

Ruth, that is the most interesting idea... flour and your sifter.

Laurie, there are NEVER enough flowers! I have to put bits of chicken wire all around my garden and in the pots to keep out the squirrels and cats. The neighbourhood cats LOVE our backyard. They look quite affronted when I go out there to garden in THEIR space.

I just ate 10 warm chocolate chip cookies. I felt that I deserved them, but now I'm feeling a wee bit queasy.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:00 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ellis, did you have milk with the cookies? Always drink milk with or you get queasy...or so I hear Of course, the remedy for the queasiness is to have another cookie...pretty similar to a hangover...a bit of hair of the dog that bit ya.

Wow about the squirrels and cats! We have squirrels, but they do not appear to eat the flowers. They dig up bulbs though. I just found out we apparently have a family of wild bunnies hanging out in our yard. How fun! I suppose I won't be saying that once they eat all the new plants I put out, huh...

Hey, Ruth, a gardening question...if a seed packet has instructions for starting them inside and I just never got around to it, would it be safe to sow them outside? I'm a bit desperate!

Last edited by beachgal; 05-31-2004 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:18 PM   #10  

Afternoon ladies!

Warm chocolate chip cookies sound divine. Good day here, my DH is off, so we have been busy playing with DD and cleaning! We are having people over tho cookout in a bout an hour so had to get the house into some order.

Today is my first day of Phase 2. I was hoping for a bigger weight loss during Phase 1- but I did lose 6 pounds, so am not complaining! I am a little nervous about adding carbs back in as I don't want to start pigging out. This afternoon I am going to have a turkey burger and then am making a bean dip from the SBD cookbook to have with veggies. Meals are alos planned and shopped for for the week, so that should be good.

Need to go start getting stuff ready, just wanted to pop in!
Old 05-31-2004, 06:30 PM   #11  
Livin' on the Beach

Well, we've had bad storms here last night and again this afternoon. My DD had to go to cheer camp this a.m. and then she and I went to walk. Laurie, my mom made some ww lasagna last night. It was wonderful. DH didn't even know the difference. It is pouring right now...at least we got our walk in this afternoon. We spent about an hour in the basement w/ tornado warnings last night. Hope we don't have another tonight.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:52 PM   #12  

What a lovely Memorial Day! DH and I went to Shepherdstown, WV, which has lovely little shops. Lunch was a riot. DS and I have been packing his lunch and fixing meals. He kept asking, "Can I eat that? What about this?" At first I though he was trying to go Off-P -- then it dawned on me that he really wasn't sure what was "legal!" Poor guy -- he survived the confusion. We both had a lovely gazpacho, he had the tomato and fresh mozzarella, and I had littleneck clams with olives and tomaties. Yum!!
Closed Thread