100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh In May 31- June 6

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh In May 31- June 6

tolose85
05-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Hi All.. I know it's not quite the 31st but by my clock it will be in an hour and a half! SO I hope you all don't mind me starting this weeks thread.

Hope everyone had a great week!

I am down 3 more lbs.. Total of 46 lb loss! 39 To go! Good luck this week!

Amanda Panda
05-31-2004, 12:43 PM
Wow Gretchen - the weight is just dropping off you! Have you got any tips to help me on my way?

I lost 2lb - maybe it would have been 3, but I went a bit off track over the weekend and ate far too much bread. I'm more than happy with 2lb - it's a good start! :)

Nige and I have decided to get married on a beach in the Caribbean - so I feel more motivated than ever to lose all this weight.

Love Amanda x

Tammy32
05-31-2004, 12:54 PM
Gretchen, you are kicking some major :censored: !!!! I don't think you are going to have any problems meeting your 4th of July goal!!

Amanda, I think that your 1 pound loss is terrific!! How romantic getting married on a beach in the Caribbean.

The place where I weigh, I think, is closed today, but I am going to check later and make sure. If so, I will just have to wait until tomorrow. I am anxious to see if the couple of times I goofed are going to show up on the scale.

Amanda Panda
05-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Amanda, I think that your 1 pound loss is terrific!! How romantic getting married on a beach in the Caribbean.

I have just had to edit my post Tammy as I got my start weight wrong - so infact I've lost 2lb! Yay!

Love Amanda x

artist
05-31-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey Gretchen - I want to know your secrets too!!! you are really rocking on this weight loss journey.....go girl!

Amanda - hmmm. Wedding on a caribbean beach, sounds fantastic.....congrats on the 2lbs, great job...

tolose85
05-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Hi all! Lets see my secrets.... I don't really have any. I am doing the 800-1200 calories per day mostly staying toward the 800 count. Once a week I have a higher calorie day. But for 6 out of the 7 days I stick to the plan. Thats it!

Good job to everyone elce! We're ALL kicking major butt!!

lessofsarahtolove
06-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Just a quick post to say I lost another 2 pounds this week -- that seems to be my magic number for the last several weeks, alas. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not complaining, but it's definitely down from the previous weeks. That puts me at a current total of 35 pounds in 13 weeks.

Great job to Gretchen :eek: and Amanda :) . Tammy, I'm sure you'll be just fine -- just think positively and stay focused. And if you get less than great news, you know what to do, and how far you've come, so you won't have any trouble maintaining your already awesome momentum!

Pssst. Pssst! Claire -- I'll tell you Gretchen's secret. Sssshhh, it's a big secret, so listen carefully: She works her *** off!!! She keeps her calories at a very low caloric level, and works out like a beast something like every day. She's determined, committed, driven, and just about unstoppable. Gretchen, I'm sorry I blabbed.......I just couldn't keep that information all to myself! ;) I respect the heck outta you, man -- truly you are a living testament to what is possible if you put -- and keep -- your mind to it! :high:

artist
06-01-2004, 04:54 AM
Sarah - congrats on the 2lbs, or should I say the 35 lbs, you must be feeling great!

Gretchen - much respect, me, I would be grouchy, miserable and hungry on 800 cals a day!!!

suzie76
06-01-2004, 07:39 AM
Hi,

I haven't weighed in a LONG time. Unfortunately, I'm back up, but I'll head in the right direction soon!

I weighed in at 204.5 this morning-ugh! Oh, well on Sunday it said 207.5 (ack!) so it's headed in the right direction.

Congrats to everyone who is doing well, and to maintainers, too! If you gained, don't worry, they'll be a loss next week. Please keep coming back. Don't just avoid it like I did!

Hugs,
Sherry

sw/256
cw/204.5
goal-somewhere around 155 ?

Tammy32
06-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Sarah, Well done on your 2 pound loss for the week! I hear ya on the 2 pounds being your magic number. It's been the same for me.

Sherry, you have a wonderful attitude! You will be loosing again in no time!

Gretchen, You must be the discipline queen. It is amazing how well you are doing. I don't know if I could do it on 800 calories a day. You definately get kudo points from me and tons of respect.

tolose85
06-01-2004, 01:28 PM
A lot of people strongly disagree with my diet structure. (800 calories). But we are all different and this happens to work for me. I have consulted a dietician about it because I was starting to get scared with all the negativity surrounding it. However, It is working for me and my body has become accustomed to the fact that it gets 800 calories a day. On the day of more calories (usually around 1200-1400), I feel full quicker and don't usually finish what I am eating but if I do... body lets me know it! I do not feel empty stomached or deprived in the least bit. Some people have said that once I am finished loosing weight it will be hard since I am on a restricted diet. I don't think so becuase this is how I plan on eating now. Once I have reached my goal, I will increase to a daily amount of about 1200. I should not gain on that. I no longer eat for boredom or just because, I eat for fuel aside from the occasional treat of dairy queen. I admit, maintaining will be a different ball game but I know I can do it! I am by no means starving myself and I feel the best I have in years! I am losing an avg. of around 3 lbs per week which is not much above the normal 2 lbs per week.

Woah, I went off on a tangent didn't I!

What are your thoughts?

lessofsarahtolove
06-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Gretchen, if you'd asked me at the onset if I thought 800 calories per day was the best route to go, I'd have encouraged you to raise it to like 1200-1300, out of concern for your ability to stay the course for the duration of your loss, as well as your plan for comfortable, sustainable maintenance. You've made it clear that neither of those concerns will apply to you at all. You've been able to stay on track without wavering, and you've successfully transitioned from your old way of life to this new healthier one. You've got a plan in place for maintenance that seems fully sustainable and manageable.......and you're happy! I say more power to you. If you were starving yourself or drinking slim fast shakes to achieve the 800 then I'd have some concerns for your health -- likewise if you hadn't so successfully incorporated exercise into your daily life. But clearly you've made hugely positive long-term changes with an eye to the whole picture.

More power to you, Gretchen. I fully understand and usually agree with the arguments against the very low calorie approach; however, in your case, you've proven that the legitimate concerns just don't apply. You go with your bad self, girlfriend! :high: :)

tolose85
06-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks Sarah! I think that there is always an exception to the rule! You're doing excellent too by the way! I went through the 2 lb loss for a few weeks in a row.. You'll bust out of that soon!!!

Tammy32
06-01-2004, 03:54 PM
I weighed today. I got on the scale saw a total, thought it had to be wrong. I got off. I got back on, saw the same total. Was not believing it. Then I walked out with my friend and I had to walk back in again and have her look to make sure that I was seeing it right.

I lost 5 pounds for the week!! I thought I was going to be lucky to have lost my normal 2 pounds so it was quite the shocker.

Now, for my question. The past week I would say that I averaged about three miles of walking a day as opposed to my usual 5 to 7. Could it be possible that with less exercise I lost more because I was not building as much muscle? Kind of makes sense to me that this could be the case, but I don't know for sure. Anyways, I plan on staying with my 5 to 7 miles reguardless. It was just nice to see that big loss for the week.

tolose85
06-01-2004, 04:14 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME TAMMY! 5lbs whooo hooo!!! I think the muscle thing is true. BUT what you've got to remember is lean muscle burns more fat... even if it weighs more! YOU GO GIRL!! What a perfect start to the week!

artist
06-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Gretchen - if it works for you stick with it, I say. You sound very focused, energised and happy, which is great! And I agree with Sarah - seems like your eyes are wide open in relation to maintenance, and you have a plan for that, so I wouldn't worry too much about the conventional wisdom that you're coming up against....

Sherry - well done for being brave enough to post your progress, even when its going in the wrong direction.....most of us don't have the courage to do that! Sounds like you're right back on track now.

Tammy - ooooh, what can I say? 5lbs down, that is really great...especially given the difficult times you're going through. Don't know about the muscle thing....I'm not sure how long it takes to build or lose muscle!

JML
06-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Hi guys! I don't generally do a weekly weigh-in, but I am today. I went to the doctor for a physical the other day. I'm in exellent health, and still weigh in at the doctor's office at 145!!! I've kept off 105 pounds for over a year now!!!

Jeanne

howie6267
06-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Wow good for you Jeanne. You are such an inspiration. Thanks for hanging around and being there for the rest of us.

barbygirl43
06-02-2004, 01:48 PM
Look at all the losers this week. WTG everyone.
As for me I put on 3 pounds (One for each day of the week I gorged on cookout food I guess) but hey I'm fully back on track as of last night and am ready to be focused back on course.

howie6267
06-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Another 3 for me and I am now down over 100 lbs from my high weight.

tolose85
06-02-2004, 05:33 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Howie! That is a HUGE accomplishment! Keep up the good work!

Tammy32
06-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Jeanne, You are doing so well at maintaining! It must be a wonderful feeling!! I look at you and that keeps me motivated to keep going. I can't wait to post on here when I have lost all my weight as a maintainer.

Dawnyal, Darn those pounds that come back. It's great to hear that you are back on track and focused. I hope that you have a good week this week. :) :)

Howie, you loosing machine!! 100 pounds down from your highest weight is a most awesome accomplishment!! This weight loss stuff might be hard work but it sure does pay off in the end. Keep it up, Howie!!

howie6267
06-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks Gretchen and Tammy. It does feel great. It would feel a lot better if this was not the 4th time of crossing that line. But it still feels great and soon I will be in virgin lbs. Only 86 more to go to get there. 302 is my lowest adult weight.

Safora
06-03-2004, 01:56 AM
Well I got on 2 different (somewhat questionable) scales today but they both read the same thing. I seem to be down to 346. Thats a 14 lb loss in about a week and a half. I kept checking and rechecking. I am certianly not starving. I think a lot of it is water weight and I know that when you have a lot to loose that it can come off fast in the beginning...but I dont know why but I feel weird about posting it. I ordered a good scale online tonight so soon I wont be so obsessed about if the #'s are correct. I am both excited and disbelieving. Did anyone else here have a big weight loss in the beginning?

gonzostar
06-03-2004, 01:58 AM
i sayed the same this week. TOM is here as well as her bloating, so i'm so super cool with that. woo.

boiaby
06-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Congratulations on all the losses this week everbody!

Victoria- Don't worry about such a big loss at first. Yes, a lot of it is probably water weight but keep in mind that the more you have to lose, the bigger the initial losses are. Just think of this as a nice big jumpstart to keep you motivated in your new, healthy lifestyle. Keep up the great work, you're doing awesome!

Beverly

Scuttle
06-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Hrm. Okay. I thought I was going to do this without weighing but I snuck on a scale because, well, I'm numbers-obsessed, and I have this crazy idea that if I eat healthy and I don't weigh I'll gain weight and never realize it. I'm not sure why I have this obsession.

Anyway, that puts my starting weight (well, after a week, so who really knows) at 278.5 as of Monday. I think it was Monday. I just know I weighed a few days ago and that's what it was so I'll pretend it was Monday.

tolose85
06-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Victoria- My first week I lost 10 lbs and my husband lost 15! What calorie level are you doing? The first week ususally is the best then it drops off to half or even less. I average around a 3.5 lb loss per week. I am sure you lost the 14lbs! Thats great. And yes, a lot of it is the water but none the less, a pound is a pound! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

JML
06-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Gretchen - I would have been concerned about your very low calorie diet too, but I also know from experience that each body is different. That's how I found my own calorie limits. I experimented till I found the calorie count at which my body lost weight and the count at which it maintained or gained. For me, the count is higher. 1200-1400 is a good losing level for me. But each body is different, and part of losing weight is getting in touch with your body, learning what it needs, and eating accordingly. Congratulations on your impressive losses!!!!

Tammy - Thanks. You're already a maintainer in a sense. You're already maintaining your current losses. You're just going for more :) Keep at it! It doesn't matter how long it takes. What matters is that you get there!!!

Howie - Thanks. I still need the support of this board. The support here made a major difference in my finally being able to lose the weight. I realized the value of support, of people joining together with a common goal, and of seeing that people actually DO lose and maintain huge weight losses. I was inspired and decided I could do it too. Too many people in this world believe that it can't be done -- but it can.

Amanda Panda
06-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Jeanne - you are an inspiration! 105 pounds lost is a huge accomplishment! I need to lose about 115 for my Caribbean wedding - and I will remember you on my journey! The fact that you have kept it off for a whole year is wonderful - some people say that keeping it off is the hardest part don't they!

Gretchen - I love your new picture - you look so glamorous!

Victoria - Wow! 14lb is a huge boost for your first week! Like everyone says, I wouldn't be worried about it as you can expect good losses in your first week or so.

Howie - Well done on your 100lb total - don't look back at where you have been in the past - just keep looking forward!

Dawnyal - Sorry for those 3lb gained! We've all been there (and more than once! ;) ) and know how you feel. Well done for getting straight back on track!

Well done everyone else!

Love Amanda xx

Tammy32
06-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Victoria, You loss is wonderful! I know it must have been a huge shocker but a good one none-the-less!! You are off to a fabulous start!

Holly, I hear you on that bloating. It stinks!! I agree maintaining during TOM is great as opposed to gaining because of all the water weight. Bet you see lower number next week.

Scuttle, well at least you know your starting weight now. I don't think that is a bad thing. At least you will know how you are doing if you weigh every once in awhile. I know, I know, some of you don't weigh during your weight loss, but I still think it is good to at least know what you started at. :) :)

lessofsarahtolove
06-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Ok, just an ultra-quick post to say that I am just LOVING two avatar photo's in particular: Gretchen, you VIXEN, you! {Meowrrrrr!} Work it, girl! And to the owner of that adorable pug, Snugasapug (sorry I've forgotten your real name!)....that photo brings a big smile to my face literally every time I see it!!! Too, too cute -- thanks for sharing the joy. ;)

A few other speedy messages: Howie, I'm so proud of you!!!! :high: Victoria, what a wonderful accomplishment!! Congrat's on your anniversary! And to Scuttles: Welcome, and just keep coming back here for support -- you can do it! As for knowing your weight, you're going to love knowing this starting weight 25 pounds from now, when you're looking back at one of your first milestones! When it comes to weight loss, the great thing about knowing where you are is that later you can look back at where you've been and own your success! You'll do it. :)

tolose85
06-03-2004, 03:32 PM
:o I'm blushing.... Thanks Sarah. I am proud of myself.. You can't tell or anything! Its weird though.. I have completely changed my style since I lost some weight. I pay more attention to myself.. This is such a huge deal for me. I have been the overweight girl all my life and I am so happy that I am sticking with it. The first time ever. I feel great and I am only 1/2 way there! Thanks for making me feel so good! I appreciate it... I couldn't have gotten this far without the support of all you guys! I LOVE this group!!!!!

Sarah, you and Tammy are catching my tail.... YOU GO GIRLS!!!

Tammy32
06-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Gretchen, I agree, you look great! I know what you mean about being always being the overweight girl in the past. My best friend was always around 100 pounds wet. It was rough. When I go home on vactation though I am going to be 40 or so pounds less than I was the last time. That is a wonderful feeling. By then I will be almost to the half-way mark. I got below 200 once before about 6 years ago, but I put it all back on. This time I am going all the way.

beth_on_the_beach
06-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Hello All,

I've lost 4 lbs for the week, which I'm very happy about.

For the July 4th challenge I've lost 3 lbs since I signed up for it on May 31, 04. That leaves 12 lbs to go to reach my goal of 15 lbs lost.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Beth

Tammy32
06-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Beth, Way to go!! You are well on your way to achieving your 4th of July challenge.

Jenaya
06-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Greetings,

I am down three pounds this week. Congratulations to everyone on the losses and for those who have gains who are just reading but not writing - it's alright, just do your best and here is to a new week. I am on my way downward again and happy to be a loser at last. Gretchen, I agree with all - pretty fabulous photo that shines with beauty. You are doing so well! Howie - ditto - good work.

Jenaya
297/275/170

Tammy32
06-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Jenaya, Well done on your loss of three pounds for the week! Keep up the great work!

artist
06-05-2004, 01:13 PM
OK, I stayed the same this week.....which is a bit frustrating and demotivating because I was on track with my eating plan, exercise etc. But the good news is, I weigh on scales which measure bodyfat %, and I was down from 45% to 43%.....so I am guessing that I the resistance/weights work is paying off and I am building some muscle......!

beth_on_the_beach
06-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Tammy - thanks for the encouragement. It is always appreciated.

Beth

Tammy32
06-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Claire, as frustrating as it may be at least you maintained. I know it is kind of heart breaking not to see a loss. I bet next week you will have a really good loss. Your exercise could have alot to do with it. You are just getting rid of the yuck flab and getting some muscles. Not a bad thing at all!!

melsfolly
06-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Congratulations to all the losers! And for those of us that either gained or maintained, tomorrow is the beginning of a new week. As long as we know what we did or didn't do well make up for it then.

I actually gained .8 but I'm not worried about it (yet! LOL) because I'm in the TOM phase where I retain fluids. It will come off next week!

Melissa

Tammy32
06-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Melissa, for sure you will see a loss next week. Darn that water retention!! Gets me everytime to. *Sigh* The things we have to go through sometimes..