South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 02:27 PM   #1  

Default eek, any cheats this weekend?

i was kinda bad. had 3 chocolate chip cookies today. last night went clubbing so i had 3 coolers (low carb ones so not TOO bad). and we had chinese after, i had a tiny (tiny!) bit of noodles, 3 fried chicken wings and a wonton. and yesterday i had a regular wrap (white flour, eek!) but with good stuff on the inside.

am i going to SBD ****?

on the up side, i weighed myself just now and no weight gain. should go to the gym but feel so tired after a long night.. *sigh*

anyone wanna list their cheats (make me feel better or has everyone been angels this week/weekend?

Last edited by pikapuffie; 05-30-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Pika don't get too down on yourself!!

Lets see I don't believe I've cheated well maybe a little Today I had whole wheat/oat flour pancakes and boca sausage and lite syrup. Dinner is Soft tacos w/ whole wheat low carb wraps and fat free sour cream, and a small apple. I think the only part I cheated on was the syrup but its a rarity. So I don't feel guilty

I'm headed to do a 4 mile walk and I'm drinking 1.5 gallon of water too so I get pretty flushed out lol.

Keep up the good work.
Michelle
Old 05-30-2004, 06:37 PM   #3  

I had Chinese for lunch today. I did a lot better than I could have. I had them hold the rice, eggroll, and cheese puff. But I know there was cornstarch in the stir fry and I'm sure there were some things in the Hot and Sour Soup that I shouldn't have especially on phase 1. I tried one nibble of the fried noodles that come with the soup and found it to be too greasy for my taste now.

Oh, well, dinner is trout with the avocado salsa from the cookbook (recipe calls for red snapper but I'm too cheap to pay $8.99 a pound when I can get the trout for $4.99 a pound!).

I tried to go hit the tennis ball around but the courts were full and the pool was closed for some reason so I guess I'll walk after supper. It's 93 degrees right now and I just can't get up the urge to walk when it is this hot!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:13 PM   #4  

I took my friend out to dinner -- his wife died a few months back, and he needed a lift! SO we went to the area's finest French restaurant. Thank heavens they know me there -- Chef Bill made me a lovely filet mignon with steamed veggies. We did have lovely wine -- a couple of glasses. Of course, then I ruined all my good intentions by feasting on their irresistable lemon tort -- but as Dr Agatston says, if you're gonna cheat -- cheat and enjoy it. And I did
Old 05-30-2004, 11:27 PM   #5  
RNMOM

Default Well,

I did have a half of a chicken quesidilla on Friday night at some little taco wagon. It was so good. No regrets
Old 05-31-2004, 04:19 AM   #6  

I had dinner out Friday night and Saturday night then lunch out on Sunday. I ate Chinese on Friday, a vegetarian wrap on Saturday and kebab on Sunday. I slipped up with the side orders though (hot chips (twice), and an oreo sundae - oops!) Still, I drank a ton of water with it all. Back on the wagon today. I walked 4km this morning then did a one hour aqua aerobics class just now.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:17 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Well I thing I beat you all. I had a Tim Horton's muffin Friday, I had McDonalds on Sat and then I had a cheese bagel and chips yesterday. Maybe if I had not eaten all that crap this week-end I may have met my weight challenge for the month.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:51 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

WOW! I can't believe how strong you all are to get back on the wagon after tasting all those lovely treats! I must admit that I have not cheated at all, even though I have been tempted, mostly because I am afraid that if I cheat even a little, I will not be able to get back on the horse.

for getting back OP, everyone! I'm in awe!
Old 05-31-2004, 10:10 AM   #9  

beachgal, well your no cheats are probably why you have had such an amazing weight loss for may! i'm so envious and proud of you! althought to be honest this is the only real cheats i've had since starting SBD.

little chick: i'm thinking the same thing, maybe if i hadn't cheated i could have at least lost 5 instead of 4 pounds. grr.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:36 AM   #10  
I can do this!

:blush: Thanks, Pika! A lot of it had to do with Phase 1. I lost something like 26 pounds during Phase 1. I think I'm averaging about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week right now, which is on track, but feels sooooo slow when I have about 125 more pounds to go!

I think I need to set up a mini goal to get motivated!

Pika, you might have lost those five pounds, but if you didn't cheat, you might have ended up binging and *gasp* GAINING weight! I remember reading on several occasions that dieters who cheat a little, and get right back on the wagon, have more success than those who don't for that very reason! A little nosh here and there is a good thing in the long term! :
Old 05-31-2004, 12:02 PM   #11  

wow beachgal, thanks for that! it makes me feel loads better! i'm just gonna try and be very OP this week. and up my gym time cause i only went twice last week (bad!). maybe your first mini goal should be 50 pounds? you're already more than half way there! go you!!!!
Old 05-31-2004, 12:06 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Hey, fifty pounds is a good idea! Wow...that would be so amazing...I think that sounds like something to reach for, Pika!

BTW, where does your name come from?
Old 05-31-2004, 01:53 PM   #13  

my name comes from my (old) love of pokemon. lol, don't laugh! hahaha! real name is cheryl
Old 05-31-2004, 02:07 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Yay for Pokemon! I loved Jigglypuff...when my DH wants me to come to bed (to sleep) he makes his eyes all big and pretends to sing, "Jigggg-uh-leeeee-poooooof" Yup, we are officially weird.

BTW, thanks for the great mini goal idea! I was thinking about it during lunch and I think I will go for 50 pounds down by August 8. I have a conference then in Pittsburgh at a hotel that has a decadent spa. If I lose 50 pounds by then, I'll treat myself to a couple spa goodies...a back exfoliation and a lovely pedicure. :
Old 05-31-2004, 08:26 PM   #15  

ok here i sit in the sbd food confessional, i was a very good beacher on friday, saturday was a little more tough i had 2 beers and some chips still not so bad, sunday was even worse 2 very big gooey brownies, more chips, a really greasy stuffed cabbage, and today??? well lets just say it wasn't pretty.........back on the wagon now with a stomach ache to boot serves me right. totally back on the straight and narrow though. well i feel better now just getting it all out. thanks for starting this thread pikapuffie.
Closed Thread