Old 05-29-2004, 07:53 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekend Chat 5/29-30-31

Hello everyone. I'm so sick of this rainy weather I could just puke. Bad news is...the scale DID go up (good news is it was only 1 pound). But that's expected after all I've done (or not done) while sick. I'm so tired I feel like I could sleep for a week. Dang cough kept me awake. Maybe I'll just eat breakfast and go back to bed
You all have a great day. I'm sure I'll be checking in all weekend.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Brenda, ring your socks out and come to Jersey, we've had nice weather the past few days which is rare as well. Hey 1 lb and being sick is somthing you should be pretty darn proud of. It could have been a heck of alot worse. Your to hard on yourself lady.

Well the weekend is finally here yahooooooo!! Today I'll be running to the store for some stuff for tomorrow's birthday party/bbq. Doing laundry and hanging with the bambino.

Watcha all doin?

I added an extra day to the title Brenda, its a long weekend and I figure not many folks will be around to post.... might just be me and you ??? lol lets tell some dirty jokes
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

Brenda - I hear you on this rain issue, it's just pathetic! We have had only 1 day with absolutly no rain or sprinkles and it was cold as heck. I think it's starting to wear on everyone, we need to get outside to play before we get cabin fever. I hope your feeling better soon. Take the day to relax and get yourself feeling well again. I wouldnt worry too much over that one little pound. I'm sure once the cold is out of your system that will go away in no time.

Leenie - Agreed on the weekend thing. I didn't think this week would ever end. It seemed to drag on forever. Have a great bday bbq What's all on the menu?

As for me I ate everything I could get my hands on yesterday. Today my tummy is rebelling in full force. The funny thing about it all is most of the stuff I ate just didn't taste like it used too. I was very disappointed that all these foods I had been craving for so long are just blah. The only thing I throughly enjoyed was my donut and my sourdough patty melt I guess some bad things never get old. So now I'm back to being a good girl, I got it out of my system and maybe my cravings will go away knowing that they arent as tasty as I'm thinking them to be. The scale showed me up only .5 of a pound so I'm hoping thats all the more it's going to go and I can let yesterday slide by unseen
I haven't any plans for today other then getting myself back on track, I was going to run out for a quick morning walk until it started to pour, so maybe I'll get lucky and it will pause for an hour to let me out later. I guess it's another day cleaning the ole house.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:53 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Happy Memorial weekend ladies!!!!

Hey Leenie I wanna tell dirty jokes too!! LOL

B- Don't worry about the pound just get yourself better lady!!

Trazzie: Over here in the Pacific NW we are just forced to do everything in the rain! hahahaha It is so funny cause it will be pouring out on the weekend there are still joggers everywhere, I don't know how they don't catch their death of cold! The real funny part is they are all steaming so it looks like they are on fire!!

I am on house cleaning duty today and i have to babysit my niece today too, her and my 2 boys can be a handful when all together. URGH DH was being sucha butthead yesterday I just had a total meltdown. I have just been stressed lately about some things and then his work was b*tching they want him to switch to graveyard, with our schedule he so CAN'T do a graveyard schedule, so then he was worried they would fire him if he didn't and we told this work when they hired him our schedule is not flexible cause of the kids. So that coupled with him being a total butthead sent me into a tailspin!! I went to the chinese buffet with my sister and we ate to our hearts content! URGH..... sometimes I just gotta do it I guess. So this weekend is gonna be so busy. We were gonna try to remodel the bathroom but now I have to babysit today and then my sister wants me to help her build a pond, then tomorrow SIL wants us to help her build a fence, then MOnday now DH has to work cause of the guy who got fired and worked the graveyard shift....SOB I just can't win this weekend. I NEED A VACATION!!! It just makes me mad to help everyone else when we have our Bathroom 1/2 way torn out and a fence 1/2 way built and we are so busy but yet everyone jumps on you to help with their projects but no one offers to help with ours. I think we just have to start saying NO but then everyones feathers get ruffled, and DH can never say NO.

Sorry about the rant ladies I just had to let that out!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:43 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Leenie: I looked at that but wasn't sure as I'm not the one that usually starts the weekend chat I'll have to dig up my dirty joke books. You hear about the 3 pigs that fell in the mud?

Trazzie: Exactly. We get 1 somewhat decent day and the rest of the week is dreary and wet. We're definitely due for some warm weather. YOu know though that once that warm weather hits it's going to be hot, muggy and humid and we'll be complaining about that

TG: What is it with DH's?? Mine was a butt (well, that's not what I was thinking of him as, but it's the nice version) last night also. Jeez!!! Hmm...the word I see not coming out of your mouth is "no". I know, it's easier helping others and putting your own stuff off and if you're like me no isn't something you say often (unless it's to your kids )

I've declared this weekend a somewhat free for all. I'm done trying to get well and eat decent at the same time. Didn't realise how hard being sick and making seperate meals (my kids don't like what I eat) all the time. So this weekend it's ONE meal and I'm sure it's going to be carbed filled. Good thing I'm back on induction Tuesday!! I just hope the rest of this sore throat is gone because I'm going to exercise my patooty off!!! (Be prepared for the earthquakes people!!)
Old 05-29-2004, 01:49 PM   #6  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Theo: I have one word for you Boundaries and it comes in several book forms. I know cuz I am working on those. You will not believe how much that will change things, however, I would not recommend you try that without some support system cuz people don't like it when we have always said yes and we start saying sorry can't do that. You try to have a good weekend anyway. Here are some flowers to help you feel better.

Trazzie: I love the rain which explains why I love living in Oregon. We all just keep going steam running off of us and all. I hope to move to Washington for retirement and that will mean more rain.

Brenda: Hope you get over this stuff. You are probably right just relax and try to get better without worrying about food stuff. Drink lots of good herbal tea and take care of yourself.

Leenie: I am in with the dirty jokes. I love a good joke. is good for our soul.

As for me I am sticking with program pretty good, definitely low carb just not strict Induction. I will be starting Induction with a group of us on June 1st. We are having a bbq on Monday and I have the new Dana Carpender bbq cookbook so gonna try out some of her ribs. I am frustrated at myself cuz somebody on one of the forums I was checking out posted a recipe for Heckofa Jicama Salad and I cannot find it again, sounded really really good too. Will figure out the entire menu later today anyway. I can feel the difference already with the fibromyalgia and this WOE, it always amazes me how quickly the energy level rises with Atkins, and then it always amazes me that I would even consider eating those other foods. Tomorrow my gd and I are shopping for her new bathing suit, she is 13 and such a good kid it should be easy to get her to find an appropriate suit. We have five grandkids and I try to spend individual time with each of them so we get to do fun things together all the time. I am so fortunate they all live so close. Talk to you all later.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:10 PM   #7  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Hi there all you great chicks!

I can't tell you how much I've missed all of you during my self-imposed hiatus/absence. But I'm back and feeling soooooooooooooooo much better now! School is over, my classroom is cleared out for the summer, I've gotten the green light from the doctor to go back to my induction phase and I'm as happy as a pig in poop!

Gotta run, though, because hubby surprised me with tickets to see the Producers! I'm wearing the cutest little outfit that, unlike everything else I own, actually shows off my better features (that would be my little pinky on my right foot and my knees....LOL!)

I'll check in later and here's hoping everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 04:56 PM   #8  

Hi There Paula, Just Joined 3fatchicks, Loved The Title-hahaha I Started Atkins 6 Months Ago, Lost 40 Pounds, Plenty More To Lose, But I Have Stopped Losing, Gain 2-3 Pounds, Drop It-i Am Wondering, How Long Have You Been On It, And What Do You Suggest? Have A Great Holiday Weekend.
Sandy
MYGALSAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:31 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Bunna: hope you have fun shopping!! Enjoy your weekend

Paula: Hope you enjoyed the play (was it a musical? I dont' recognise that name, sorry).

Sandy: Welcome!! This is a great place for support. Everyone is SO undertanding (and willing to kick your butt if you need it---OR hold your hand ) . Post often

Well, my throat still has a sore spot on it. Danged if I understand what's wrong w/it. I'm feeling ok otherwise. Being able to (try to) sleep in is great!! That sure helps alot. Had to send BOTH girls to their rooms this morning because I REALLY hate to be woken up to the two of them sniping at each other. So the tv (which is what they were fighting over) got turned off and they were sent to their beds. Ahh...the quiet. We're supposed to get t-storms today. So I might as well work on folding the clothes and washing them. OMG the basket fulls!! Usually I just put the girls clean clothes in their baskets and they either fold them (or most often not) or just wear them wrinkled. But hey, that's their job right?
As much as letting go this weekend has been enjoyable (unfortunately fudge DOES still taste good!!) I'm really looking forward to Tuesday and getting back on program (I actually feel GUILTY this weekend!!). I'm hoping to get down to at least in the 130's within this next month. That'd be SOO cool!!!
Hope you all are having a great weekend!!
Old 05-30-2004, 07:32 PM   #10  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Just checking in.....

Brenda: "The Producers" is a Broadway musical based on Mel Brooks' movie of the same title. It was HILARIOUS! Because I don't live in a 1st tier city, we have to wait longer to get great shows like this. It was definitely worth the wait!

Sandy: Welcome aboard! I've converted to Atkins 5 months ago and actually lost a total of 40 pounds in just over 3 months. I had a few health problems (unrelated to Atkins), and had to temporarily change my eating habits. Some of the meds I was on also bloated me up, causing me to gain 5 pounds, but I'm back on track now and raring to go! I didn't really have any "stalls" while I was strictly adhering to the program, because I pretty much stayed to keeping below 25 grams of carbs per day, and kept my ratios of protein/fat/carb at around 30-35/60-65/5. In addition, I rarely let myself go above 1,200 calories per day and began exercising when the weight loss slowed. I've been told, though, by a number of people that if you start to really slow down and are having problems, moving to the maintenance phase of the program or taking a break altogether from it for a few weeks helps a lot. Never tried this, but my doctor swears that a week of carbo-loading and fat cutting will do wonders to jumpstart your metabolism!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:39 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Well, the last day of indulging in carbs again. I'm actually looking forward to re-starting tomorrow!!! Even though I made a chocolate torte that I'm looking forward to digging into I'm feeling fat and bloated. Not sure if it's all due to carbs or because TOM is due in a couple days.
The weekend is almost gone bummer
Old 05-31-2004, 09:01 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Me too Brenda, my body feels icky, bloated and fat as heck. I didn't make to many LC stuff for the party and I went to everything that wasn't lc, like chips, cake, potato salad, OY.

Tomorrow Tomorrow I love yah Tomorrow, yer only a day away !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:36 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

*applauds* Good singing Leenie!!! Yup, tomorrow is a brand new day.....
Old 05-31-2004, 11:49 AM   #14  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning girls!

Well, we are off to a good start. Opened the packs of ribs and they are spoiled so I am feeling sick from the smell plus dh had to go to the store to see what meat we could replace them with. We may have a vegetarian Memorial Day dinner or clean out the freezer day. Normally, I would sip an Atkins shake while working on the computer but my stomach is sickly from the smell. The dogs came out of the wordwork let me tell ya!

How is everyone doing? I messed up totally on my dinner last night. I let myself get too hungry and my granddaughter wanted to go to Red Robin, their menu is not carb friendly, so I just decided it would be a splurge meal and it was but by the time I got home my fibro was kicking my butt big time. Not going there anymore. It is too easy for weak minded me to order just anything rather than pick around. Yeah they had salads but even those were full of corn or things like that. Just not friendly for me anyway. I can still smell those *&@# ribs. Stinking up the whole house. Granddaughter found a really cute bathing suit at Meier & Frank for a good price so she is happy, then she talked me into a bra, sunglasses, and flipflops. Okay so I spoil them a little. M & F has their Memorial Day sale so good prices plus I got a couple of nightshirts for me and only spent $94 dollars. Not bad at all.

The Producers sounded good to me too. Where we live we have to wait a really long time for anything to come and then we have to drive 1 1/2 hours to see it. We have a really good community theatre and I just recently went to The Odd Couple, the funniest one I have seen. They are getting ready to do Arsenic and Old Lace which would be good too.

Alright I guess I enough now. Hope everyone has a great day today. Remember we are starting Induction tomorrow a.m. but that is no excuse to eat everything in sight today (or at least that is what I am telling myself.)
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 04:29 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Oops. We're NOT supposed to eat everything in sight? I swear I've eaten more in the past 4 days than I have in the past MONTH!!! I'm going to have to re-adjust my July challenge and my weight tomorrow I'm thinking But I brought it on myself. I think it's only a pound so I'll see how that goes. But the day went well. I got some awesome pictures of the family so that makes me happy. Would have gotten more but the camera battery died. I'll have to post the pic of me and DH once I get it re-sized. Oh..there were 4 pieces of chocolate torte left over...and I surprised myself..I left them at my inlaws house :O SHOCK!!!! But figured best there than in my belly and for sure it would have been if I'd have brought it home. I'm off to have venison soup (not sure of the carb count so not sure if I can have that after induction or not) for supper. Hope you all have/had a great weekend!!!