100 lb. Club - The Perils of Exercise.....

View Full Version : The Perils of Exercise.....

artist
05-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Hmmm. I just thought I should warn all you guys of the perils of exercise...... ;) ;) ;) ...especially early morning exercise.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

This morning, I was in the pool doing my 30 mins of cardio at 7.30 am. Took a shower, put my swimsuit in the tumble drier, opened the drier, was daydreaming away, and managed to put my hand in the drier while it was still spinning..... :nono: :nono: :nono: I do not recommend this.....spent 3 hours waiting at the walk-in surgery....no bones broken, luckily, just some spectacular bruising, and a strapped up little finger!!!!

The final irony in all this, is that my mum came out of hospital after a really tough 3 week stint....and today should have been my first hospital-free day in 3 weeks.... :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Anyway, despite the drier incident, I stuck to my eating plan, water, (and I'd done my exercise!)......but I think I'lle stick to dry land tomorrow :D :D :D

Amanda Panda
05-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Ooooh Claire that sounds nasty! :( I'm a nightmare in the mornings - yesterday I nearly put boiling water on my cornflakes! :lol:

Well done for sticking to your plan all day, and not turning to food for comfort - you are a stronger woman than I!!

Hope your hand is better soon!

Love Amanda x

lessofsarahtolove
05-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Oh, Claire, you silly goose -- I'm so sorry that happened to you! Maybe next time just hang it dry.... On the upside, you're probably making some nice friends at the hospital! ;) Seriously, hope your mom is better, and I wish for you quick healing and not too much pain! :)

missaprylj
05-29-2004, 01:23 AM
Ouch!

Better luck tomorrow! :D:D:D

artist
05-29-2004, 04:24 AM
Thanks, guys! Its not too painful, but I have to keep it elevated in a sling, so I am going for the sympathy vote!