Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Friday Chat - May 28th

Good Morning

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Good morning Leenie! And everyone to come, of course.

I'm at school early this a.m. frantically writing a section of my thesis that I intended to have done yesterday but of course didn't finish! *stupid procrastination*

I got a phone call at midnight last night - I was wondering who was calling me that late, but it was a friend of mine, from undergrad and he's coming to Montreal this weekend and I'm very, very excited because he is so much fun! And absolutely hilarious. Plus three other guys from my undergrad class are coming up with him, so it will be great to catch up with a bunch of them! And the museums are free on Sunday - great!

Oh and I totally had a bunch of cherries yesterday, which is probably not ideal considering I was trying to be on induction this week, but I went into the store and just everyone was going after the cherries, so I just had to join in. But I did get a lot of OP food and tonight I'm going to go on a bit of a cooking spree and prepare a bunch of stuff beforehand.

That's all for now, I must get back to writing....
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  

Mornin Leenie

Ok, Ok, Ok....so lowering your calories DOES work! WOOHOO I lost almost 3 pounds this week.....mostly in the last couple of days!
Now I admit I am a little more hungry each day than I used to be....will have to watch that, but very excited that I am actually very close to being in the 140's

Please forgive me, anyone who is struggling...I don't mean to brag. This has been a long time coming for me. I am the worlds slowest loser and have been on this woe since September and have only....and I know the word only shouldn't be used here but......lost 25 pounds. Most people lose so much quicker than that. But I will take it!!!!! I don't care how long it takes me as long as I get there.

Ok, so now there is a big weekend coming up and I am probably going to be up a little on Monday. But my challenge to myself this weekend is to get some exercise and make the right choices and hope that I will not do too much damage.

oh and one more thing............I AM TIRED OF WEARING BAGGY PANTS!

There I'm done.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:25 AM   #4  

Lekker you snuck in on me. Good luck today writing. Sounds like you are going to have fun this weekend.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hey Jane, we jumped in there at the same time. 3 lbs this week! That's great! Don't worry about being excited about your weight loss, Jane...I think everyone likes to tell when it's going well. Usually when I get frustrated (i.e. if I feel that I'm not doing as well as others) I just take a couple days off from the boards and then come back feeling a bit refreshed and with a new mind-set. And besides, 3FC is the place for all the good and bad news!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:31 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Leenie how's it going

Lekker: sounds like you have a lot of fun planned. Enjoy the weekend

Jane: Congrats on the 3 pounds lost and I hear you on the baggy pants. You can only throw them in the drier to shrink them so many times before THAT wears them out!! I keep waiting for the warmer weather so that I can at least get into shorts that MIGHT fit.

Well, the sore throat is FINALLY going away. I'm hoping in a day or two to be declaring myself well. But I'm not going to be on strict induction until Tuesday. I KNOW what's coming my way on Monday. And of course the cake last night didn't help I've got zippo will power and I HATE that. Today after work I've DEFINITELY got to mow the lawn. It's (of course) supposed to rain all weekend. And if I don't get it done now it'll look crappy again. Oh, the scale is not my friend. It went up. So I'm 2 away from my end of May goal. I'm not sweating it though. I'm hoping next week to get back into tae-bo and exercising and hopefully that'll drop those pesky pounds off. Well, add TOM coming and that I swear is where the weight's coming from. Why is it I can do well for 2 weeks. Then I gain because of TOM the next 2? That sucks!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:32 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Oops. forgot to mention....Jane you've GOT to brag and feel proud!! We're all in this during the ups and downs. It's always great hearing you all are losing!! Wish I was one of the losers but unfortunately at the moment I'm not. So BRAG ON
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:43 AM   #8  

Good Morning Ladies

Lennie: Hope you have a great week-end!

Lekker: Good luck on the writing. That sounds like a fun fun weekend you have planned! Hope you have fun at the museums!

Jane: Way to go on losing the 3 lbs. If anyone deserves to brag honey it's definately you!!!! Especially for 3 lbs in one week!!! You are doing fabulous and I am sure you are looking great!!! Have a great weekend!

Brenda: I am so glad that you are feeling much better. Those sore throats kill me and glad that you are feeling better. Hope you have a great weekend!

Well, I made it throught the blood tests with no problems. I took the advise here and looked the other way. And I didn't even know when she had stuck me. Didn't feel a thing! I can handle this stuff After the dr's visit, went out with the best friend to dinner, and then we went to see my nephew's promotion ceremony form elementary to high school. That was a bit sad, as it only seems like yesterday when he was just starting school...how fast they grow! Well, got a big weekend planned here. I have to work today and tomorrow, but after work tomorrow it's off to the beach. Hubby has to work all weekend, so me, the best friend, and her 2 girls are gonna go for a girl's weekend! It's been over 10 years since me and her have gone anywhere over night! I am sure we are gonna have a blast! Hope everyone has a great weekend....and I will try to check in later this evening after work!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 09:27 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane8760
Mornin Leenie

Ok, Ok, Ok....so lowering your calories DOES work! WOOHOO I lost almost 3 pounds this week.....mostly in the last couple of days!
Now I admit I am a little more hungry each day than I used to be....will have to watch that, but very excited that I am actually very close to being in the 140's

Please forgive me, anyone who is struggling...I don't mean to brag. This has been a long time coming for me
ALLLL RIGHT !!!! {{{{HIGH FIVE}}}} Jane, keeping your calories that low 1300, you can do 25 - 30 carbs no problem, if your gonna raise your calories lower your carbs, at least this is how it worked for me !! I don't think your bragging, but keep it up because you are such an encouragement to me. YOU GO GIRL !!!!

MrsH., glad you had a pleasant experience at the Dr. Its really not that bad glad everything is good.

Brenda glad your feeling better, and it couldn't have come at a better time, right b/4 our RE-RE-Induction on Tuesday - We're gonna make it after all (okay so I suck at singing and i"m old pffffft).

Lekker gee wish when I cheated I would hit the fruit isle instead of the chocolate isle, I give you credit. Meet cha on tuesday (reinduction )

Hugs everyone
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:13 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Hello Chiquitas!!! Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well.

Yesterday I did good and was OP even though I wanted to cheat....still coming off the previous sugar is always rough for a couple days. Had a meditation class last night with our monk and I actually am comfortable siting on the floor now!!! I used to hate to meditate sitting on the floor because I was so uncomfortable, so that was a plus!!!

Jane!!! EXCELLENT JOB!!!!

B- you go girl on the lawn then come over to my house it is about a foot tall right now!! LOL

Leenie Heelloooooo!!!!

Mrs H - have a great weekend!!!

Lekker: Sounds like so much fun,give us all the funny details after!!

Have a great day!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning Leenie.

Lekker, I know what you mean about cherries. Fruits are so tempting this time of the year and I too haven’t been able to say no, LOL. I got strawberries and peaches last night and they are so delicious. Now that I am limiting my fruits, I think I am enjoying them a lot more. You know what I do now, LOL, before eating my fruits these days I first smell them, LOL, it is like if I use all my senses I feel like I had more than what I actually had, LOL. And have fun with your undergrad bodies. Friends from high school and undergrad are the best.

Jane, congratulations on losing more weight. That is so great. Go on, brag, please, you earned it. I haven’t lost any weight in the past four days, but when I read that you have lost, I am hopeful that my lost will come around one of these days too. And I should just hang in there, like you did. That is the best thing about sharing your success, giving hope that it will work for the rest of us as well. Also I think if you continue like this, you will get used to eating this many calories, and wouldn’t feel hungry. But I think if you continue to feel hungry after a few days, maybe you should consider increasing your calories a bit. Just like Leenie said, increase your calories, while keeping your carb still low. I think we really shouldn’t be hungry in this WOE.

Brenda, I hope that you completely get yourself rid of your cold/sore throat by tomorrow, so you can enjoy your weekend. I am crossing my fingers for the both of us to get some good weather. I want so much to sit in the sun and enjoy my looooooooong weekend.

Lisa, I am glad the blood test went well. I was thinking about you last night, LOL. I was reading Dana Carpenter’s, “I gave up my low-fat diet and lost 40 pounds” (I think that is close enough to the actual title, LOL.) Anyhow, she claims that one of the side effect of high carbohydrate/low fat diet is difficulty conceiving. I remembered reading that you and your husband hadn’t planned this pregnancy and that your family was very surprised by it. So if her claim is actually true, then you ladies, who are involved in a relationship and are not planning to add little new family members, be careful, very careful actually, since this WOE has made your bodies clean and ready for some big adventures, LOL.

Have great weekend everyone.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:23 AM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Rachel, it is true I did atkins prior to both of my pregnancies for like a month cause I was pregnant within a month each time. I would loose like 15-20 pounds and then BOOOM pregnant! My doctor said it is because fat stores estrogen, if the estrogen level is to high you have trouble getting pregnant, but if you lose weight the estrogen gets released and cleared out you have no problem. So if you are loosing weight be careful you might get more than you bargained for!! LOL!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:57 AM   #13  

Good Morning Ladies!

Rachel -

TG - Sugar is my down fall too. Gotten better at just staying away from it, it's so hard since I grew up on icecream and home baked pastries.

Jane - 3 Lbs! Brag all you want, you deserve it.

Lennie - I try to do alternate between calories and carbs when I need variety also.

Brenda - Glad to hear you're feeling beter for the weekend.

Lisa - See, we told you so! Enjoy your weekend.

Lekker - Have fun!

Yeah! TGIF! I'm ready. Having friends over this weekend and going to a concert for Grubstakes Days. It's a local celebration for our area just to honor the folks who found the town. Will stay away from the carnival though, everything crawls out from under the rocks for that. Going to be a shopping weekend also, gotta love that!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:15 AM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Hello, wonderful ladies!

Leenie: Good luck with your re-induction!

Lekker: What about the Lightning?!?! WOO-HOO! I decided that it is a good thing that you're always cheering against them -- it seems to work in their favor! Have a great time with your friends this weekend, and cheer for the Flames on Saturday!

Jane: CONGRATS!! You SO deserve to be happy and excited about your loss! I'm not the fastest loser, either, and you really inspire me. No matter how slow the weight comes off or if you go off plan, you're still sticking it out! That is such an inspiration! WAY TO GO, JANE!!

Brenda: Glad you are feeling better. I'm with you -- sometimes it seems like losing-gaining weight is a never-ending cycle. I'll lose a few pounds, then here comes TOM, and they're back. Then they're off once TOM is over, and then the cycle starts again.

MrsH: Have fun on your girls' weekend! That sounds like such a good time. I'm glad your tests went well.

TG: Great job on staying OP yesterday. It's such a big accomplishment when you really want to cheat, but stay OP. Way to go!

Rachel: I love it that you fully enjoy your fruits now! I can picture you feeling them, smelling them, tasting them, savoring them!

Yesterday afternoon was another baseball game for me. It was a lot of fun! Yesterday evening, I went out with some friends to Starbucks. That was my first time in a Starbucks, and I could handle not going back. I'm not really into the whole coffehouse scene. I just don't think I'm a Starbucks-caliber person.

Eating and exercising has still be going surprisingly well (except for a few too many Michelob Ultras last night ). I won't weigh-in until June 7, so I hope to have a good loss by then.

This weekend it's more baseball games -- go figure! -- and a trip to the beach for sure on Monday, and maybe Sunday, too. I'm not sure my fair skin can handle two days at the beach, though. A group of us are going on Monday for the day. I'm sure everyone will be going on Monday!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:17 AM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Morti: Have a great weekend! Have fun at the concert! LOL @ everything crawling out from under the rocks for the carnival.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote