Support Groups - time for serious fun #70

View Full Version : time for serious fun #70

gma22
05-27-2004, 06:55 PM
We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
05-27-2004, 06:58 PM
ladies this is short but i fell in a restaurant tue night and have been in the hospital cant' talk about my injuries because i have a personal injury attorney working my case just want you to know i will be ok and will post when i feel up to it faye

beth_on_the_beach
05-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Faye - I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I thought it was strange you hadn't posted. I figured something must be wrong. Take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Beth

Amanda Panda
05-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your fall Faye - glad you are going to be okay! Hope you are back on top form soon! :grouphug:

In Faye's absence I vote JULIE to administer the smilies - you did such a great job when faye went on holiday! :)

I got another 4 points today - went on my exercise bike, but had a day off from the sit ups!

It's awfully quiet here today - whatcha all up to? ;)

Love Amanda x

mscat816
05-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Hope everyone is doing well - Just wanted to check on you Faye - my prayers are with you. Glad to know you are alright - keep us informed.

My daughter in college is coming tonight - we are going to see The Lion King tomorrow in Detroit. I am sooo excited. Gotta finish cleaning for her.

I did another 150 crunches this a.m. but I have not been on the treadmill or out jogging since my knee swelled up on Monday :mad: My ankle on the same leg was slightly swollen too. Not sure if that is from the jogging or bashing and cutting my shin on the jacuzzi in Florida last week.:?: Today, both the ankle and the knee are back to normal so I am going to run another 3 k tomorrow and see if my knee swells again. If it holds, then I will attempt 5 k on Sunday and I will know I can finish the race. Wish me luck!

Good luck to everyone for fabulous losses tomorrow! ;)

mscat816 sw238/cw on 5-21 227/gw140

gigglez
05-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Hey there everyone.

Faye sorry to hear about your fall. My prayers will be with you.

Julies, I sent you some WW infor let me know if you get it or not.

Could go on but have been MIA for awhile busy at work and the end of school. I will try to catch up soon,

hugs
sandy

gma22
05-28-2004, 08:06 AM
FRIDAY: FABULOUS LBS DOWN FRIDAY

THIS IS ALL GOING TO BE IN CAPS AS I ONLY HAVE THE USE OF ONE ARM . HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME I WILL BE OK THOUGH I AM MIFFED I CAN'T DO ANY KIND OF EXERCISING! FAYE :)

Mirabelly
05-28-2004, 08:36 AM
Morning Girls,

4 points for me yesterday......woohoo. Still no pounds down, though. I do feel "lighter" and like I've "shifted" some so maybe I'm in for another drop soon. (I hope so!) You all know my pattern by now.........I lose 5-10 pounds, then it all has to "settle out" for weeks and weeks.

At least I'm back to exercising again....that was tough to start up after not doing it for 2 weeks.

Faye, so sorry to hear about your accident.......but I'm glad it was something so "minor".....you can imagine what was racing through all our heads! :lol: Like someone cracked a fat joke and you went ballistic and got thrown in jail for assault :lol: :lol3: Don't let this forced delay put you off your game! Just cuz you can't exercise, doesn't mean you can't still put in 3 point days! I'll be happy to take over the smilies, if you need me to......but it seems like you'll still be around.

MsCat--Good Luck with the race! I've found with the swelling knee/ankle thing that if I walk/run on the treadmill more than 2 days in a row I have the same problem. I think it's the repeated stress on the joints that does it. A couple of days are fine, but then I have to lay off for a while and do something else.

Sandy--I got the ww stuff. Thanks a bunch! Hope life slows down a bit for you soon.

Amanda--You are on a ROLL, girl!! Good for you! :dancer: :dancer: Today is Friday.....enjoy your pizza tonight! I'm so proud of you.

Jaymie--Hope you're having fun in Texas!

Well, guess I'd better get going........Everyone have a FABULOUS holiday weekend! Buckle up, wear sunscreen, don't drink and drive.........and remember to thank someone you know who fought and died for your freedom!

Later babes,
Julie

knobhdy
05-28-2004, 08:54 AM
Hi ladies,
I did really well yesterday dispite going to a baseball game (Red Sox lost:() I didn't manage to avoid all my favorite ball park foods but I did limit the amout of them I ate. I was very proud of myself. I haven't checked my weight yet today so we will see if there is a loss.

Faye - I am wishing you a speedy recovery and a quick legal case. Good luck on both accounts.

Julie - It is good to hear that you are back to exercising. It is the best thing you can do for your body.

Have a great day ladies. I will check in later and we will see if I managed to loose.
:wave:

Sandybrat
05-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Morning BEAUTIFULS!!!! Faye i hope all works out well for u and you are back to normal soon... you r in my prayers... 4 pointer yesterday... lost 6 lbs as well. I am going to be painting today... couldnt yesterday... rained off and on all day long. And i hve an end of the year school picnic for my youngest at 1130. should be a great day. hope you all have a happy and healthy and safe holiday weekend. love to u all
Sandy

Amanda Panda
05-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi Guys!

I'm feeling really motivated at the moment - yay! :cheer:

I'm going to have a look at pictures of wedding dresses today and pin one up to keep me motivated and focused. I did the maths for my weight loss over the next 14 months, and boy is it going to be tight! There really is no room for weeks off or slackness - every week counts, but I will do it and it will be so worth it!

In the spirit of no more BS, :coach: I am going to start going swimming! I have always refused to go because I look too fat in a swimming costume - but no more! It's time to suck it up (or should that be in? :lol: ) an get my *** down there as swimming is a brilliant all round exercise and will really boost my weight loss. I am going to go to the women only sessions that are twice a week - I need to go and buy a costume, then will start next week! I'll keep you posted!

Yes Julie, it is pizza night tonight! :hun: :jeno: - and I think I will enjoy it all the more for knowing that I am not cheating on my diet! :)

I wrote another week of menu plans last night - I 've got 3 1/2 weeks now. I really think they are a breakthrough for me, and just what I need! Of course, as I lose weight my points will reduce and there will be less room for treats, but that is a while off so I will enjoy them while I can!

I'm planning on having a 4 point day today, but have only just got up, so will confirm later!

Love Amanda xx

beth_on_the_beach
05-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Hi All,

I'm having a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad day, but I'll get over it. Tomorrow has got to be better. Anyway, I get 4 points for yesterday. Two more days and it will be a 4 point week just like planned. I also have lost 3 lbs since Sunday. I wasn't going to weigh myself, but I did, but didn't do it until last Sunday so I don't have a whole week to report on, but I'll take the 3 lbs.

Since I am in just a terrilbe mood I think I will leave it at that and wish everyone a nice and safe holiday weekend, and check back in tomorrow when I'm better.

Beth

cat90
05-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Hi Ladies,

Faye, Get Well Soon :D

Sandy, WTG on the weightloss :bravo:

Amanda, put a pic of that wedding dress on your fridge, in your fridge, sleep with one on your pillow :lol3: get my drift? :lol: you can do it! WTG on starting swimming :D

I've done really well with treadmilling the last few days :tread: racking up 15.5mls in 4 days :cb: and i'm down 2lbs this week :cp: for a total of 8.5lbs since May 3rd :D

Amanda Panda
05-28-2004, 07:34 PM
I got my 4 points - and I was a good girl and did all my sit ups, plus 20 extra!

I've had my pizza (yum!) - it looked a bit small and pathetic and I was not happy that I could not add a tonne of extra cheese to it, but I served it with some cottage cheese and salad and it was lovely!

I've just watched the last ever episode of friends :( which I guess you guys have already seen - I felt really sad after it finished, but I also thought it was REALLY rushed - Why were Monica and Chandler allowed to bring the babies home about an hour after they were born? - Where the **** was Ross and Rachel's baby Emma? I could go on, but I'll let it rest in peace!!

BETH - Sorry you are having a crappy day - I hope tomorrow is better for you! Congratulations on your weight loss this week.

I'm going to weigh myself on Monday - so hopefully it will be fabulous lbs down Monday for me!

Love Amanda x

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-29-2004, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone!!

Just poppin in to tell you that i"m still alive!!! We have survived the first day here in TX...barely!! I got all of 2 hrs sleep, and tomorrow is a whole new day. My little sister graduates in the morning, I need to have my hair done at 8:00 am, so i need to wake up at maybe 6 to exercise and shower/wash my hair and try to dry it. No 4 pt'er for me for today or yesterday. I havent exercised in two days!!! I'm sooo ashamed. It is the first time this has happened since the entire month. I bet I'll gain weight too even though I've stayed on my eating plan. I dont weigh in on Fridays, I usually wait until Saturday. I dont think I want to weigh in though, that's all I need is depressing news!! :lol: The first day I didn't have a choice, we were in the car for over 16 hours, today I got up with intentions of working out, but my dad had to go straight to the doctor and I fixed his breakfast and got my sister to agree to exercise with my,then hubby calls and needs me for this and that.....I had sooo much to do, I could never get around to it. I barely got a shower in, had to sneak it!! LOL

Faye- Get well soon!!! :flow2:

I hope everyone is doing well, I wish I had time to comment on all of you and read all of the posts, (like including the ones' in #69) but I dont know whether I'm coming or going right now!! I cant wait until the actual vacation part occurs, because right now it's just a lot of work!!! And don't think for one second that the hubby's family has already tried to start some mess in the first couple of hours of our arrival. But I told my hubby, I'm not letting "ANYONE" destroy this vacation. So I could care less what they say or do. They'll get the point, the cant argue with themselves right?!?! My daughter is crying everytime someone looks at her, and then she closes her eyes, she really thinks if she doesnt see them, they wont see her!! It's hilarous, but of course people wanna say I have her so spoiled. How many babies do "you" know that loves strangers?!?!? None! And everyone is a stranger her to her, even my parents!!! Well, gotta go back to hubby's grandmother's house so I will try to pop in tomorrow if I get a chance. Everyone take care!!!!

knobhdy
05-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi Ladies,
This is just a quick "hello" before I am off to VT for the weekend. My niece is having a birthday.
I didn't loose last week, but I was also not as disiplined as I should have been. I didn't gain either. Yeah!
Anyway, my goal for the weekend is to get in my water, cause while it is easy at home, it is much harder on the road.
Have a great holiday, Ladies.

gma22
05-29-2004, 10:06 AM
SATURDAY: SUNNNY THOUGHT SATURDAY

HI GUYS ITS THE GIMP HERE ! I AM HAVING A LOT OF PAIN, SOME FROM BODY PARTS TAKING OVER FOR SOMETHING ELSE LIKE MY SHOULDERS WHICH ACHE BUT I WILL GET THROUGH THIS

SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SORRY I CAN'T DO EVERYONE INDIVIDUALLY BUT IT TAKES A LOT OUT OF ME JUST TO TYPE THIS. KEEP WORKING HARD GIRLS

FAYE :)

mscat816
05-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Just a quick post - The Lion King was fabulous! Our seats weren't the greatest - we were on the floor but on the side and had to turn our heads to catch most of the action stage left. I will know better next time I go this theater.

My poor daughter who drove 3 hours here yesterday had to drive back this a.m. after we take her car in for service at 8 :( But we had girl time getting our hair done yesterday and we will have breakfast and coffee together while we wait for her car.

I did only got in 2 pointer yesterday but I am determined to get a 4 pointer today and finish the week with 5. Afraid to weigh in but will post before the day is out.

Have a great day everyone!

mscat816 sw238/cw on 5-21 227/gw140

beth_on_the_beach
05-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

Not much going on here. I'm having a better day, which I figured I would. I need to go to the store and get food. I have nothing in the house which is always dangerous. I'm just not looking forward to the walk because I know how hot it is outside. Oh well. Nothing to be done about it.

I messed up my 4 point week yesterday. I ate pizza last night. Not too surprising. As I said I didn't have any food in the house and then I was in a bad mood / upset which leads me into all sorts of problems. Not much to be done about that right now. So I get 3 points for yesterday.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Beth

Scuzin
05-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Hi All....I've been doing ok I guess...I think I'm just frustrated at the moment and not finding the motivation to exercise...water isn't good either...
In other news...I've got an appartment!!! well...almost. We applied and put down a reservation deposit...its SO nice. A 3 bedroom, 2 bath, upstairs, with a porch, and the complex has a pool, sauna, spa, laundry, and we look out onto this grove of trees with picknic tables and barbeques! I'm so excited!

gma22
05-30-2004, 08:53 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is this week's Poll: What is the last really good book you read and what was it about?

Morning ladies. Looks like everyone is having a nice weekend. I am able to use both hands a little more, but one arm is injured and the other one the emt put my line in wrong and all my meds flooded under the skin instead of through the vein so it has been really swollen and bruised and very very sore so it also has been hard to use and still is. I go to my reg dr on Tues and then on to the others.

Susan: Hope you get your apartment, sounds lovely.

MsCat: We have had those kind of seats and it is nice to be down in front but when you kill yourself to still see it is not so great. Glad you guys had a nice time.

As for me, I am pretty depressed and you know that is NOT me. Food has been just ok because preparing is very difficult so we eat what is easy though I am not snacking a lot. I haven't exercised at all since Tues as getting around is hard enough, but after I see the dr I am going to try and convince him to let me get into the pool everyday for a little while anyway.

Ok, hands hurt now so I am going to go.

Faye :)

beth_on_the_beach
05-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

Not much going on here. I got 4 points for yesterday and should today so that will give me 6 - 4 point days out of the 7. Not bad. I would of made it all 7 if it wasn't for that darn pizza Friday lol. I am bad about that. I get upset and do something I shouldn't. Oh well. Not much that can be done about it now.

Faye - Sounds like you're having a tough time of it. Don't try to do too much too fast. Although I would think easy swimming might be good for you and feel good.

Susan - New apartments are always fun. When I was younger, in my 20's, my Aunt used to say that instead of cleaning my apartment I'd just move to another one when the one I was living in got too dirty lol. I guess I did move alot.

I crocheted a beret last night with this really soft dark purple yarn. It turned out really cute, but I wasn't paying attention to the hook size and used too small of a hook so it is just a tad small. Oh well, I think I will make a couple more. With the right sized hook lol. They are really cute although it will be too warm here to wear it until December.

Well, hope everyone has a nice day.

Beth

cat90
05-30-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi Ladies,

Congrats on the Apartment Susan :) that is so exciting :D

Had a good weekend here and i resisted buying a pizza today after i'd finished work ;) i was really fancying one and its so easy to grab one with working in a supermarket :lol: but i know i would have made a :ink: out of myself this afternoon so i thought better of it. Glad i did now :D

Amanda Panda
05-30-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi all!

I only got 1 point yesterday - I was feeling low and suddenly lost all motivation - I did well all day, but got hungry really late at night and ended up having 2 sandwiches and toast!! In my defence, I was REALLY hungry! :lol:

Oh well, today is a new day and I got 4 points - so I think that is 6 out of 7 for me also.

Me and Nigel were talking about getting married and guess where we are going to do it? - on a beach in the Caribbean!

We are so excited! We need to work out the finances, but it will actually be cheaper than a big traditional do here, as all we will be paying for is my dress, the rings and the holiday.Nigel wants me to get married in a silver bikini - but I think I'll keep that as my going away outfit! :lol: - my dress will have to be very thin and loose,because of the heat, so all the more need to lose all my weight - I don't want to be letting it all hang out!

I bought myself a swimming costume - there was a very poor choice, but it will do the job (i.e hold everything in place!)

SUSAN - Your new apartment sounds lovely - a pool aswell? You lucky thing!

BETH - Well done for your 6 out of 7! I hear you about the bad day and the pizza - I do exactly the same thing! You've done really well to get straight back on track.

FAYE - Sorry things are rough for you right now. Your arms sound pretty bad. Could you maybe just go out for some long walks until your arms recover? I like to listen to my personal stereo when I am walking - it detracts from all the horrible traffic noise where I live! Hope you feel better soon.

CAT - WELL DONE on bypassing the pizza - that is no easy thing!

Take care

Love Amanda xx

Scuzin
05-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi girls....I'm not doing so well right now...Its very late, so there is no one really I can talk to ... so I hope you don't mind me venting things here. Here's the story...In the (fabluous) new apartment will be living: me, and my 2 good friends Melissa and Kevin.

Soap Opera #1: Kevin has a long term crush on Melissa and she does not know this.

Soap Opera #2: Melissa has been dating another friend of ours for a while but it recently ended, and because of certain reasons only very few knew about this relationship at all, Kevin being one of the clueless ones.

Problem #1...I feel like this is burning inside of me...I don't want to see Kevin hurt! And I feel awkward that melissa has no idea...same thing with melissa's boyfriend thing. I'm affraid Kevin will find out in a not so sensitive way and be a little crushed. Ok, more than a little. But I don't want to betray Kevin's trust by telling someone.

Problem #2, this whole thing is just salting old wounds. I HATE secrets like that. Two friends once thought it would be funny to tell me they had dated over one summer and let me believe it for a month and a half till I was told the truth. What made it worse was the fact that I was completely head over heals and pining away for the male part. AND the girl knew it. I know that Melissa has her reasons, and they are good ones. But it still puts me off...

Another thing..and this is a completely personal problem, is the fact that I find myself a little jealous of Melissa recently. I love her to death, and she's my closest friend in this town, but that's just the thing...everyone seems to like her and be more attached to her than to me...Its been the same problem my entire life, having to sit there and hear my closest friend...talk about their closest friend. Even within my family sometimes I used to think...because I'm they youngest by many years...that I wasn't thought of as a sister...but a little sister.

So that's whats been eating me tonight...I kind of broke down earlier, I'm ok now. Needed SOMEONE out there to know. Thank all of you so much for just being around on here.

And another thing, did you all hear about the Abduction in broad daylight in Corvallis, OR? That happened seriously 2 blocks from where I live. And the only possible suspect is a creep they had once found with hundreds of women's underware that he had stolen from dorms. CREEPY! I feel like the bad news is following me...I live in Oregon City too...where in 2002 the two 13 year old girls were missing and found in a backyard that 1/2 the town has to pass every day on there way somewhere.

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone! Can only stop by for a quick post!!! I've been ripping and running the whole time I've been here STILL havent had a vacation!!!! I havent exercised either like I said, no time at all, i mean not even to do my denise austin tape!! But I think I"m going to the YMCA for the rest of the week and make it up. On my way to get may hair done and off to my sisters graduation crawfish boil. I havent stayed on plan exactly but have watched my portions on what I did eat. I have lost 4 more lbs!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY! I just weighed myself so i'm so happy, I havent been this size in like almost 3 or 4 years. Well I gotta go now, sorry I couldnt read posts and comment, but I will make up for it later!!! Take Care!! (((HUGS)))

gma22
05-31-2004, 10:02 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to focus on what we truly and deeply want out of this weight loss thing. If we are just making the motions because we know it is what we are supposed to do, it is like going to church because it is the right thing to do and then not listening. WE NEED TO LISTEN! We need to listen to our bodies, we need to listen to our emotions and to our needs. If we are doing this to please someone else we need to stop it, if we are doing it so the world won't make fun of us, we need to stop it. Our priority when losing weight should be not only to better our health and to look better, but to come to terms with everything that caused us to do this to ourselves in the first place. Work on you this week and what you want out of being a slimmer healthier you with a healthier attitude towards it all.

Susan: I did hear about that nut case and saw all the underwear he has collected, hopefully stealing from a store not having takien it from women he has attacked etc. Hope this woman comes up safe and sound and you need to find a self defense class if you are anxious about this being so close. As for the friends, first off jealousy benefits only others not yourself so you need to look at why you are jealous of this other young woman then look at yourself and see all the qualities you have that she doesn't and build on those. You are a beutiful young woman in your own right and don't need to look to someone else to provide it to you! As for the romance stuff, trust me, let them work it out themselves. They are not children and hurt does go away if Kevin finds out. Besides, you need to see it this way, if he never approached this young woman about starting a relationship and she has no clue, she did nothing wrong in having one of her own with someone else and he shouldn't be hurt but get his gumption up and tell her!!!

Amanda: I hurt one whole side of my body so I have to take it easy with walking right now. I am using a stupid walker so you know how that goes!

Well, I am sore now so gotta sign off. I am going to have Jack walk me across to the pool today and I am going to work out lightly in the pool.

beth_on_the_beach
05-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Morning All,

Not much going on here. I did get 4 points for yesterday so that gives me 6 out of 7 days of 4 points for our 4 point week. Certainly not bad, but I do wish I hadn't messed up the other day.

Faye - Hope you enjoy the swim.

Susan - I agree with Faye. Let them work it out. Besides if you're going to be living with both of them you don't want to get in the middle of it. As for being the little sister that's just a fact of life. When you are the youngest, as I am, it doesn't matter how old you are the family still sees you as the baby. I'm 41 and it hasn't changed yet. Don't think it ever will. As for jealousy it doesn't get you anywhere. Just be your own person and don't worry about others. In the long run you'll be a lot happier.

Amanda - Sounds like a great place for a wedding. I live on the beach in Florida and I see weddings all the time. I agree with going less formal. The ones that are in formal gown and such, personally, I always thought looked a little silly out on the sand.

Have a great day,

Beth

cat90
05-31-2004, 04:39 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Susan, I would'nt mind being the "little" sister at all :shrug: cos i always think the youngest get a little bit more spoilt than the others :lol: my little sister always did :devil: as for Melissa and Kevin i think ignorance is bliss :cloud9: what if he does tell her that he's nuts about her and they pick up with each other where does that leave you? do you want to spend your time watching them cuddling on the sofa? :yikes: just put it out of your mind and enjoy being 3 buddies living together :D like Faye said neither party is guilty of anything cos they don't know what the other one is thinking or doing :lol: good job too ;) the other thing is if you do say anything and Melissa is flattered and starts a relationship with Kevin it could end less than amicably and think of the situation you would be in then :yikes: forget about it, move in together and enjoy the amenities it will work out fine :D

I'm doing OK here :cb: walked 3.5mls this morning and just had lunch :T and i was ready for it cos i missed brekky ;)

Amanda, the carribean wedding sounds fabulous :cp: i got married in Vegas myself (second time) and i loved it.

knobhdy
06-01-2004, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
I hope everyone had a great holiday. It was a little cold and windy in VT but my neice's birthday party was very nice. They held it at a camp ground and had bobbing for apples and a pinata.
I wasn't very good over the weekend. I had a lot of water but not enough and I sampled the cake and ice cream and had lots of good Mommy-cooking. Which never helps my waist-line.
On the other hand, when my mom was in the bahamas she baught me this lovely hand dyed shirt, in Medium and it fits. It as nice to see smaller clothes fitting on me again.
I am aiming for a 4 point day today. I have already started on my water and we are going for a walk this afternoon even if we have to do it in the rain.
Have a great day, Ladies.

Mirabelly
06-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Sounds like everyone did great last week.........so many losers! Awesome! Congrats to all of you.

I ate like crap all weekend....did manage to get in some exercise and water, though. Must find a way to have BALANCE! I tend to have an all or nothing attitude towards everything. So, trying to work on balance....

Not much time to talk. Faye I really hope you're feeling better. Susan, congrats on the apartment.....don't create drama for yourself, just enjoy having friends to live with.

Gotta fly, be back later,
Julie

gma22
06-01-2004, 09:24 AM
TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and our target this week is to hunt out the time in the day when you do most of your off program snacking and work on getting rid of this. It takes good old fashioned hard work to break habits but you know you can do it. I am an after dinner eater so I have been working again on breaking this cycle. You can do it girls!

I go to the regular dr today so I can get a referral to an orthopedic surgeon UGH! Anyway, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! I did go and get into the pool and it was heavenly. It was a struggle getting in and out but so worth it.

Hope everyone keeps op today! You are all doing such a fabo job and your fearless leader is going to be way behind you to catch up for this quarter's challenge.

Have a gret day girls!

Faye

Sandybrat
06-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Hello Beautifuls....I was not a very good girl this weekend.... had a birthday party for my daughter and ate crap... stuff i havent had in eons... and am i paying ofr it...lol my stomache is not happy with me at all...lol yesterday was back to normal thank goodness... but man, after cutting out alot of the carbs... and the snack foods... man... i understand well what it does to my body... i just cant have that stuff like i used to... unless i am willing to pay the price. So, in that sense it was a learning experience. I have a last conference with my youngests head start teacher today so i had better get moving... take care of U today... i will check back in later...
Sandy

beth_on_the_beach
06-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Morning All,

Hope everyone is well today. I get 4 points for yesterday. The scale is finally going down again after that pizza on Friday lol. I eat low sodium normally so I think the extra weight is more water retention then anything.

Faye - I know my bad time of day for food and that is late evening. I tend to go to bed around 2 - 3 am and get up at 10 - 11 am. I try to eat dinner later in the evening, but a few hours after dinner I'm really hungry again. The only way I've found to get around it is to simply not have anything in the house to eat, bad that is.

Not much going on here. I'm getting ready to walk to the library. That's my long walk, 4 miles. Might not sound long, but when the heat index is 98 degrees and it's humid it feels long lol.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm going to try for a 4 point week again since I missed it by one day last week.

Later,

Beth

Amanda Panda
06-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi all!

Well I got 4 points yesterday - I'm going to aim for 4 point weekdays, and see what happens at the weekends! ;)

I phoned my parents and told them about our Caribbean wedding plans - the reception was a little lukewarm! You see, my parents are very stuck in their ways and like their routines. To ask them to step out of their comfort zone and come to the Caribbean was a bit of a shock to them! They have said they will think about it - and that is all i can ask. My two older sisters had traditional big church weddings, and I've always been a bit of a rebel in the family! The thing is, this is something me and Nigel REALLY want and will make us happy - and we are prepared that no one else might come and still feel it will be the most special day of our lives!

BETH - you are right about the huge wedding dresses on the beach - i am going to wear something loose and simple (but still gorgeous!) and be barefoot! By the way - a 4 mile walk in any weather sounds quite alot to me! :lol:

SUSAN - I say don't get involved in your friends secrets and lies! It sounds like you are perhaps the most mature one of the group and feel you should 'parent' them somewhat. The thing is they are young and will continue to do what they do, and feel what they feel, however much you worry or get involved! I say just enjoy living with your mates - expect the tears and tantrums that inevitably come from flat sharing - but don't feel that you are responsible for sorting everyone out, or you'll end up burning out! Hope that helps - I've done a lot of flat sharing!

FAYE - I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad! I didn't realise how bad your injuries are - are you going to have to have surgery? I will pray for your recovery. It is hard to be laid up after having an active life and exercising every day - try to stay positive! perhaps you can use the time to work out some more menu's :) I bet you are finding it hard not being able to do all your cleaning! i'm glad you got to the pool anyway!

JAYMI - It sounds like your trip is hectic - hope you find some time to chill. Congrats on your 4lb loss - I bet you feel great!

JULIE - Keep on trying girl - we all struggle at weekends,It must be due to the change in routine, so just try doubly hard during the weekdays!

Everyone else - have a good day!

Love Amanda x

cat90
06-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Hi Ladies,

After a sleepless night and an early work day i'm tired this afternoon so no treadmilling for me today :yawn: it will take all my energy to do laundry and make dinner :lol: i'll treadmill in the morning :)

Jaymi, congrats on the 4lbs loss :yikes: :cp: :bravo: how could i forget to say that in my last post :doh: :lol:

gma22
06-02-2004, 08:39 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What gripe do you need to share with us?

The doctor appt went pretty good. I am now waiting for the paperwork for the mri but may not have any damage to my leg so keep your fingers crossed. The good news is they re x-rayed my arm and looks like it is not fractured so I am getting to leave the sling off now and I am using my leg too without the walker so I am glad about that. The bad thing is all of this stress on my body spiked my blood pressure so now they have me on meds for that, which is ok, but hope I don't have to do that very long before it is back to normal.

Amanda: You and Nigel need to do what YOU want to do for your wedding. I know it will be hard if you don't have family there, but when you look back years later you don't want to look back with regrets that you changed your mind for other people and didn't really do what you wanted. It is YOUR day and no one elses!

Sandy: Once you change your eating habits, you can't go back without your body objecting and in a way that is really a good thing! It was a small slip so just get back to your program and you are going to do great!

Beth: Bob Green, the celebrity trainer says that if we can hold out when out body acts hungry like that we will lose weight because our body wants us to feed it and when we don't it feeds on the fat stored! Also, it takes about a month to reprogram you body NOT to want to eat at that time every day so if you can hang in there, it will get better!

I will try to get back up to speed with points again starting today.

Mirabelly
06-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Morning ladies!

4 points for me yesterday :dancer: I had a really great workout......switching back and forth between the treadmill and light weights when I got bored. I started writing down everything again.......it's amazing how much food your brain will just not register when you "think" you're op.

Amanda---I'm so proud of you sweetie! All these 4 point days you're having, you are inspiring me!!! I had a very small wedding, just a few family members on my side and nONE from dh's side. There were 12 people there, including me and dh. I don't regret it a bit! We had a great time and I remember every minute of it. Lots of folks who have big weddings say they were so busy making sure everything was "perfect" that they don't remember any of it. blech. I think your beach wedding sounds wonderful!! Do what makes you happy.

Carrie, where are you???

Jaymie, hope you're having a great time in TX..........take some time for yourself, and Eat some BBQ for me! I used to live in San Antonio for a while, and I really miss the food there. Way to go on the 4 pounds!

Faye, I'm praying for good news from the doctor.......At least you got your redecorating done before this happened. I can just see you not able to move with HALF a wall painted and furniture everywhere, etc. :lol: How do you torture Faye?? Make her sit down and don't let her clean!! :lol: :lol:

Well kids are dragging me out the door,
be back later,
Julie

beth_on_the_beach
06-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Hello All,

Another 4 point day here. Things are going well. The weight seems to be falling off the last couple of days. I imagine that the scale is just finally catching up with me lol. Whatever it is I'm happy about it.

Faye - I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Hopefully all will turn out well.

Amanda - I agree with what is being said. Just do what you want and enjoy your wedding. It is your day and sometimes family, as much as we love them, can make you miserable. You can never please everyone!

Sounds like everyone is doing great. June could be a banner month!

Have a great day,

Beth

gma22
06-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Julie: Boy are you right on the money. I was still trying to do chores with a sling on and gimping around with that walker. Jack kept telling me to stop that he was worried I was going to injure myself farther!

I did 60 minutes in the pool today and even had a young black man that wandered by come in and talk to me about working out in the pool. He looked in perfect shape and said he wanted to come in and workout with me but the water was too cold. I told him I just do what I have to do and part of that is getting in the pool when it is chilly. My hurt arm is sore from using it though I am putting heat on it off and on. Right now I am trying to clean the upstairs and get it finished and try and do the downstairs too if possible. Tomorrow is errand day and the first day I will have driven the car in over a week so it should be interesting. The absolute one thing I cannot do is grocery shop and carry in the groceries. My arm just can hold the weight yet. I am getting my nails done and coloring my hair so keep you fingers crossed I can get the stuff on evenly and not look like a zebra! :lol:

I JUST WANTED TO SAY HOW VERY VERY PROUD I AM OF ALL OF YOU! YOU ARE ALL DOING A SUPERB JOB OF WORKING ON LOSING WEIGHT AND GETTING HEALTHY ONCE AND FOR ALL. I KNOW THAT EACH OF YOU CAN GET TO YOUR GOAL AND KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH NO MORE YOYOING. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COMMIT TO MAKING THIS CHANGE A FOREVER WAY OF LIFE!

I will check in later and see if more of you have posted your points

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
06-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi Gals!

Whoo - hoo! Another 4 pointer for me yesterday - I also did 110 sit ups and am pleased to say that I am beginning to be able to feel my long lost stomach muscles!

Thanks for all the support about our wedding - we know in our heart that we are doing the right thing - we are both just so excited about it, and we haven't been excited about anything in a long time! Not only am i excited about my actual wedding day, but also after we are going to try for a baby straight away - so there are hopefully going to be big changes in my life in the next year or two.

I am so focused at the moment - the thought of my dream Caribbean wedding, and the thought of wearing a bikini :yikes: are really keeping my motivation up! I've got a picture of a gorgeous wedding dress - it's long and straight with beautiful flower detailing and the girl modelling it looks like a grecian goddess! Nigel thinks it is beautiful, but not appropriate for a beach wedding - but I've got plenty of time and will wait and see ;) At the moment it is a great motivator anyway! I spent 5 on a wedding magazine and it was the only dress I liked in the whole thing - so I'm definately going to cut it out and keep it.

Glad you are getting your strength back faye - :grouphug:

Well done on the exercise Julie!

yes, where is carrie?

Take care all!

Love Amanda xx

cat90
06-02-2004, 04:54 PM
WTG Amanda :cp: 110 sit-ups :bravo:

I walked 3mls this morning :tread: but Amanda is making me feel guilty for not doing any sit-ups :lol: i'll get over it :devil: :rofl:

I was going to do some gardening today but i feel :blah: and can't be bothered :shrug: would much rather spend money at the mall :lol3:

gma22
06-02-2004, 07:35 PM
POINTS FOR THE DAY:

julie :bravo:
beth :bravo:
amanda :bravo:

You girls are doing spectacular! I had a 4 pt day today and really feel like I am back on the road to weight loss now. I am still having pain and boy oh boy sweeping and mopping today was really tough, but I got my house cleaned. I have one of those sponge mops that you push on the handle to make it squeeze out and I have very little strength in my right hand to hold onto the mop so I was trying to hold the mop handle between my legs tight enough to push the handle with my left hand, which is badly bruised from the IV mess so it was pretty comical. I am sure my house is not as clean as it should be (well up to my impossibly set standards anyway) but it looks clean so that is all that matters right now.

My dd took me to the dr yesterday and neither she nor my gs had seen the condo since we got finished. DGS said, Nonny why did you change everything? It doesn't look like it did before. You put the microwave in here and the table and it used to be in the kitchen. He is one of those kids who freaks out about changes and it seemed to bother him a bit that my house was so changed but God bless him, when we left to go to the dr he took my hand and promised me that he wouldn't let me fall down!

DH and I are going on a date Friday night to dinner and then to a movie. I am going to make sure I go someplace I can stay op with and I think then I can sneak a lowfat snack into the theater and buy a diet drink rather than fattening nachos or whatever. I have problems with popcorn kernels getting stuck in my throat and then infecting the lining of my throat so I rarely eat popcorn anyway. I am a hot dog and nacho girl.

Everyone have a super evening. We miss you girls that have been absent! Hope you are doing well!

Sandybrat
06-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Hello Beautifuls.... got 4 yesterday and working on it for today. You are so right Faye... my body is not used to junk anymore and that is a very good thing... but what a way to learn the lesson...LOL Glad you are better as well. I went to the doctor today... needed to up my meds. I take celexa... started it to help take the edge off when i had my period... now i have depression issues as well as my periods getting worse... the joys of getting older LOL(me that is... no offense to anyone else...lol) Well doc agree and we upped the dosage... so i am to try it for 6 weeks and let her no if it helps of not... i sure hope it does... because lately i cant even stand myself.... and how do u get away from U?? I was getting so discouraged too about my weight loss... or lack off.... but i have been losing... i fit into my smaller sizes... bras dont fit right anymore... and yet i am disgusted with myself... so hopefully the meds will let me get back to me... i miss me and i like the way i am... so i am keeping my fingers crossed. Thats my gripe for the day... Oh yeah one more thing.. my doctor asked my how often i get some time for myself... i told her i try to get one weekend a month... but that doesnt always happen... she said that that is not asking to much and i should tell DH that thats doctors orders....LOL so will...lol TAKE CARE OF U... love to u all
Sandy

knobhdy
06-02-2004, 08:03 PM
hey ladies,
I had a 3 point day yesterday and another one today. I have been sick so I didn't want to walk in the rain and maybe make my fever worse.
I am glad everyone is feeling so motivated. Its is great to hear.
I hope everyone has a great night.

gma22
06-03-2004, 05:50 AM
THURSDAY: Time for Us Thursday. You need it and you deserve it so make time for you today! A facial, an hour with a good book, a swim in the pool by yourself, a walk, your nails done, a new outfit shopping alone, give yourself something today.

Good morning ladies. Hope you all slept well last night. My arm hurt so I ended up having to take Loritab and then on top of it I got the hiccups (which for me for some reason are always really painful) and freaky but it gave me heartburn so I had to take something for it. Man, I am falling apart! :lol: Arm feels a little better this morning.

POINTS WRAP UP FROM YESTERDAY:

Sandy :bravo:
Knobhdy :cp:

I just cannot believe what a great job everyone is doing. Here's to you:
:cp: :bravo: :cb: :hat: :dance: :balloons: :encore: :bubbles:

I got a 4 pt day yesterday and didn't even have cravings last night, which I have fallen back into again.

Sandy: Sometimes you don't know which is better the cure or the disease or whatever. Seems like meds always have a surprise attached to taking them. I just started low dose of something called Ramipril for BP and it made me lightheaded around lunchtime yesterday, but once I ate and sat down for awhile it quickly went away. It was my first dose so it may just be my body getting used to something new.

Knobhody: Feel better soon and here is a big hug and balloons for you:
:grouphug: :balloons:

Later ladies

Mirabelly
06-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Good Morning ladies,
Sheesh, it sure has been quiet in here lately!

4 points for me yesterday! Woo hoo........ I'm on a roll, but I'm gaining :( I think it's from the weights. Decided I'm not going to step on the scale until the end of June. (THAT in itself will be a major accomplishment!)

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Woo Hoo for us :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Sandy, once a month is NOT enough time for yourself!!! Aren't we supposed to be doing something every week??? HMMMMM????? Of course, I would count my workouts as "time for me".......if you're working through some depression, take extra good care of yourself. You deserve it!

3 CHEERS FOR AMANDA THE CRUNCH :queen: !!!!!!!

Faye, sounds like you're getting back to your "old" self :lol: .....if a little bit slower. I hope every day gets better and better. Enjoy your date!

Gotta fly,
TTFN
Julie

Jaymi_Dol_78
06-03-2004, 09:43 AM
:wave: Hi everyone!! :wave:

Man, it looks like everyone is doing so great!!! I'm proud of everyone!!! I wish I could be two places at once!! I like being in SC because I have my own little schedule everyday of what I need to do. But out here, nothing is organized, I'm being stressed and falling apart.....but this is where my family and friends are! :dunno: It's crazy, I missed Woes for yesterday, and I doubt I'll have anytime for myself today, since I havent had any since I've gotten here. I havent exercised not one lick, and even though I've not exceeded my calories, I either dont eat but once, or I eat a happy meal from Mcdonalds or something crazy. But if I dont stop and eat something, I wouldnt eat all day. NOT GOOD!! I know, everyone wants to beat some sense into me,....so do I!!! But I dont even have time to do that!! GRRR!!!! My dad seems to need more help than I thought, and I'm the only one who helps him. This is just too ridiculous, I havent spent anytime with my friends and there are still some of them I havent even seen yet. I am ready to go now, but want to stay for my dad.?!?!? :rollpin: Well anyway enough of that, as far as my NCC challenge, I failed on the exercise and not getting stressed out part, but at least I've been eating smaller portions of non-healthy foods. I'll try to eat breakfast today. My husband got a truck, and although I should be happy, I'm not. I could care less about some stupid truck, that is not a family car or what we agreed on. I hate trucks, but who cares, I'll get my own job and get my own car.

Well, sorry so depressing but had to get it off my chest, no one else to talk to or understand!!! My friends just look at it like I'm exaggerating and I just "pretend" to be too busy. I get up at 6 everymorning just trying to make the days longer and dont get to bed until 1 or 2 the next morning, nothing I've done ,except getting my hair fixed, has been for me. But didnt I say that already?!?! :lol: Ok, I"m just going to suck it up and move on, life could be worse I guess, and I'm only here for 2 more days. I guess I will just try to spend these 2 doing something for me....well maybe tomorrow, today I have 50 million things to do. I wish I could congratulate you all more on how good you are and maybe put my 2 cents in, but I guess I'm too busy griping and complaining about myself instead of trying to be there for you all!!! I'll try to do better tomorrow, I gotta go start cooking breakfast for my dad!!

My Love to you all!!
Jay

Amanda Panda
06-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi all!

I got 3 points yesterday - didn't do any exercise because I am trying to get my sleeping pattern in order and ended up staying awake for about 30 hours! it's bought my body clock back round abit - but it was an effort to stay awake for so long and I wasn't up for exercising!

I'm feeling very sick today - could be my pills or just missing a whole nights sleep! I'll see how i feel later as I don't really want to miss the bike for 2 days in a row.

take care all!

Love Amanda x

Sandybrat
06-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Hello Beautifuls!! 4 yesterday... already got my exercise in today so hopefully another. I want to thank you for listening to me ramble on yesterday... i know thats what we are here for... but its so nice when someone responds and you dont feel so alone. Besides... everyone should know that they are appreciated. I do try to get some me time every week... but with my husbands work schedule and the they kids schedules... its not always possible. I am going to start going to curves at 6am... that will be me time. Its an absolutly gorgeuos day here today... i think i will go out and put the new firepit together... i finally found someone selling fire wood so i can stock up for the summer. I hope u all have a wonderful day. I will check back later... take care of U
Sandy

beth_on_the_beach
06-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is well. I get 4 points for yesterday. I had my day out today. Shopping / movie / lunch with my friend. I have to tell you how nice it is to do that sometimes. Just getting out of the house and doing enjoyable things, wow, sure improves the mood. I have one meal out a week of whatever I want, otherwise I'm on a very strict diet, so I always enjoy that. We saw The Day After Tomorrow. It was silly and the story was stupid, but I expected that. Actually I really enjoyed it anyway. I'm a big weather fan so watching all the nasty weather special effects was fun. I also got some really nice yarn to make some more hats and purses. It is normally $5 - $6.50 for a skein and I got it for $1.75 each so THAT certainly made my day. It still amazes me how having a nice day like that has put me in such a good mood.

Anyway, that's about all from Florida for now. Until later...

Beth

cat90
06-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Walked/Jogged 3.25mls this morning :cb: and everything is going well :) the sun is beating down and i'm sat indoors :eek: whats up with that? :lol: i was awake at 2.45am this morning when the whole sky lit up :yikes: it was a bit scary not knowing what it was but the problem was solved when i watched the news and they said it was either space junk or meteors :dunno: no mention of little green men ;)

gma22
06-03-2004, 08:40 PM
We seem to have no end of health trouble lately. I spent all day running back and forth to Jack's work as he chemically burned his right eye with lime at work and got sand in it also so it is a mess. He is in a lot of pain, is on antibiotic drops and has to wear dark glasses because the eye is so sensitive right now. Funny story and I know you seriously demented women will love this! I had to take him to an opthamalogist that was recommended by the City of Memphis and this particular place caters to elderly so the whole waiting room was over 65 and totally black. The three little old ladies sitting across from us were so cute and when Jack went into the doctor the one asked me if he was a police officer (he had on his uniform) I told her no, that he worked at one of the city's water plants and rather than go into a big explanation told her he was an electrician so she would understand better. They next thing she said almost made me slide right onto the floor. "Is he your son?" :( :faint: I told her no, that he was my husband and that started this big conversation about how young the little snot looks! They couldn't believe he was old enough to be a father of adult children nor have a grandson! They also couldn't believe he is older than I am! Gracious, I guess I need to hit the bottle of anti wrinkle cream harder! :lol3:

POINTS FOR THE GROUP TODAY:

Julie :bravo:
Sandy :bravo:
Beth :bravo:
Faye :bravo:
Amanda :cp:

This group is really doing fantastic! I am very proud of you!

Bought me a cute new capri and sweater outfit for the 4th and new sandals to go with it so I am all jazzed about that.

Take care and say a little prayer for my sweety as he is really hurting!

gma22
06-04-2004, 07:22 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #71