Support Groups - senior buddy needed

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : senior buddy needed

soready
05-26-2004, 10:54 PM
After having success losing weight by dieting and using this website I've lost my way and gained 50lbs back. I need buddies who are near my age 61 who are involved with the same struggle for support. I want to get back on track and feel successful again. I have the size 10 jeans hanging in the closet waiting for my return. Soready :)

RAR
05-27-2004, 12:25 PM
HI! glad that you have found this site and even senior persons post here I am (57) and have posted here and met a lot of great people like you I need a lot of motivation to get me started and when I do I dont keep it up so any time you want to e mail me feel free and maybe we can help each other hope you will get into your jeans and with this site and the great people you will !!!!!!!! Rita

soready
05-27-2004, 09:08 PM
HI rITA, tHANKS FOR THE REPLY. I'd be happy to have you have you as a buddy. So where do we begin. I start each day with the greatest of intentions but by night time I've blown it. I seem to find my way to the kitchen in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and I must say I'm not too selective as to what I eat. Of course I beat myself up mentally all the next day. A vicious cycle really. Bernice

RAR
05-28-2004, 03:32 PM
HI! well you sound like me!!!!!!!!! I really have good intentions but never follow thru I work nites soI usually dont eat much thru the day but at nite I make up for it I love sweets I keep telling myself I am not going to eat anything sweet but always looking to find something I am at 150 and I really need to loose as it took me a year to loose16 lbsso as you can see I dont have will power I know if I lost at least 10 pounds it would help my knees and improve my cholestrol so maybe I could get off the pill so maybe you can get me motivated well have a great weekend !!!!!!!!!!! Rita

soready
05-31-2004, 11:06 PM
Well this holiday week-end didn't help my diet as I hosted a barbeque and served lots of fun things to eat that would be healthy if eaten in moderation but did I follow my advice to myself. A resounding NO. I tell myself I will start tomorrow and get serious. Even my little dog seems to have porked up. Maybe I will take her for a walk after all we would both benefit. Rita, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of our lives so lets take control tomorrow, get on the (gasp) scale and get started and see how much each of us can lose in a week? Are you up to the challenge? Bernice

RAR
06-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Bernice yes I am in for a challange!!!!!!!! will try anything worked all weekend and did my share of eating!!!!! got on the scales last night at work and back up to 154 was down to 150 and that took me a long time to loose 10 pounds well I have 2 small dogs that are pudgyalso and I guess if I would get myself motivated to take them for a walk that is a start it is just that my feet are killing me right nowsee I am finding excuses allready so lets set some kind of a goal for a week and see if we can stick with it are you game? and let s keep in touch as by mid week you will be kicking me in the but to keep it upLOL but that is what I really need so how about it? Rita

soready
06-02-2004, 08:17 PM
OK but I blew it already. Have to start over tomorrow. Bernice

RAR
06-03-2004, 02:43 PM
well this makes me also have to start as over did my share of choclate chip cookies last night at work was streesd out so ate ate ate so what is your intention this week mine is to start by drinking lots of water at work maybe that will fill me up and I wont have to go to the vending machinewill let you know how it works as for exercising will have to wait a couple of days as I really got a good work out when I had to work a different floor as the floor I work is more confined which is better for me as I really have bad knee and feet (a sign of old age approaching))))))) so will have to wait a couple of days to heal LOL well whatever you plan today stick with it and hope it is a success Rita

soready
06-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Left you a message on your e-mail. Hope you get it. Bernice

RAR
06-06-2004, 08:29 AM
HI! didnt get your e mail so try again I will look for it could of deleted it not thinking who you were hope you are having a good weekend andhaving success with your diet am working so really havent done anything but drink more water!!!!!!! and eating sweetsugh!!!!!!!!! Rita

RAR
06-08-2004, 11:42 AM
HI! Bernice just wanted to let you know that I didnt get your e mail so try again I hope your week ig going better then mine really had good thoughts but havent stuck to them not even drinking water now tht is pretty bad so friend help me!!!!!!!!!!!! I need all the motivation I can get even when it comes to cleaning my houselol have a good day Rita

soready
06-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Rita, my e-mail addy is not accepted by the website so I don't know how to get to you. The addy you gave me keeps being returned. I did ok today and yesterday. Going to the MD tomorrow cause I think my blood pressure is out of wack. I've lost 4 lbs just have another 50(gasp) to go. Hope your day was good and you have kept on program. Just what kind of diet are you following. For me it's eating less,cutting down carbs and some exercise. It was 90 and humid today so I didn't go for a walk. Hope to hear from you soon. Bernice

RAR
06-10-2004, 10:54 AM
HI! bernice look on your personal message see if you get what I sent you well hope things turn out ok for you when you go to the drI never had that problem mine is high cholestrol that is the reason that I want to get down to 140 you must of gave me those 4 lbs as I am creeping up to 153 ugh!!!!!!!! like you been trying to watch what I eat but I love sweets do try to walk some but my jobs require me to be on my feet most of the time and at the end of my shift I can barely walk besidesbad kneesnd feet doesnt help been hot here also did get somerain last night so didnt have to water my plants well kiddo have a great day Rita

soready
06-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Hi Rita, got the message but it won't let me put in a addy because I haven't posted 50 times.
try doing the yahoo thing with kashapuppy as the first word. Hopefully I'll hear from you. Sorry about the 4 lbs. My Dr changed my medication and is doing tests. Believe it or not the med change has made a difference. Don't feel like I'm walking into walls or my head is exploding. What kind of work do you do? Bernice

RAR
06-13-2004, 08:48 AM
HI! Bernice will try what you told me and see what happens glad that you are feeling better with the med change especially since you feel human again !!!!!!it is my fault that I am gaining back what I lost !!!!!!!!!just got to stick with it and say noooooooo I work at a hospital and nursing home as a aidewell have a great sunday have you got back to youe walking yet since you are feeling better? Rita

kriseliz
06-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Hello,

I'm Kriseliz... I introduced myself above, but since I fit into your general age group I thought I'd mosey over and say howdy. I'd like to get back into those size 10 jeans someday too. :)

RAR
06-13-2004, 07:42 PM
welcome I just did it on your introducation but I will do it again I think those size 10 jeans are me and Bernice goal right now did get into one pair the other day but they were strechyso keep posting the more the merrier Rita

kriseliz
06-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Hi, Rita, thanks for the welcome. It's going to be a long time before I get into any size ten jeans, stretchy or not, but everybody has to start somewhere, right? :) Kriseliz

RAR
06-15-2004, 10:00 AM
HI!Kris yes we all have to start some where that is my goal that I can zip upa size 10 what kind od diet are you trying? and what other ideas do you have that you think you are going to try ? have a great day may you have success with what ever you do today!!!!!!!!! Rita

kriseliz
06-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Sheesh I wrote a long reply and then hit the wrong key! Anyway, I'm following, more or less, the DASH diet from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute of the good ol' Federal government... I was going to post a link but the forum won't let me. It's pretty much vegetables, fruit, whole grains, skim dairy, and lean meat in moderation, and it's supposed to reduce your blood pressure as well as help you lose weight.

When we go out to dinner I follow a diet I made up myself, called "EHOE," "Eat Half of Everything." And I'm trying to reduce my sweets significantly. For exercise I mostly walk, although I have my eye on my husband's rowing machine. Thanks for your good wishes and I wish you and Bernice a great day as well! ~Kriseliz

RAR
06-15-2004, 02:12 PM
HI! kris sounds like a sensible diet that is what I have been trying to do also cut back on my food on my plate it is if it could be easy like that for me when it comes to sweets I would be where I want to be at least you are doing some kind of exercise that is great just keep it up right now walking and riding my hubby stationary bike is theexercise havebeen doing as walking is limited as I really have bad kneesone needs to be replaced just putting it off until I retireand then the work I do is on my feet all night long so that doesnt helpbut I have to do something as it does help Bernice said she didnt see you on so maybe she looked at thewrong page so have a great day Rita

soready
06-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Hi Kris, Welcome, I did miss your postings cause it never dawned on me to look on page 2. Your diet sounds sensible and that's what I've done in the past by cutting meals in half. It does work. It's so hard and a struggle my whole life with the ups and downs and every diet known to man. Truthfully I've learned that everything in moderation and portion control is really the answer but it is so hard. Anyway, welcome again Kri, Rita and I are delighted to meet you and anyone else who would like to commiserate with us. Bernice

kriseliz
06-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Good morning ladies,

Had a good day yesterday, and even though it's been just three days that I've been on this new program, this morning my eyes were less puffy when I woke up and my rings seemed a little looser. My weigh-in is going to be Sunday mornings, so we'll see what happens then.

I agree with you completely, moderate portions of everyday food and regular exercise (not too stressful--I also have a bad knee) is the way to go. May take longer, but it ends up not being a "diet" as such but just life. :) I've decided that I'm going to start thinking of sweets as something you have only on holidays and special days like birthdays... I'm not going to refuse a piece of my baby granddaughter's birthday cake, but that doesn't mean I have to have cake every day. :)

Do either of you ladies keep a journal on the journal page? I've looked for you but I may have missed you. I've been journaling too and it helps.

Have a great day both of you, and "see" you tomorrow! ~Kriseliz

kriseliz
06-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Good morning Bernice and Rita!

Yesterday was a good day for me, dodged another restaurant bullet (Quizno's this time, had a veggie sub and iced tea, no chips or soft drink) and had a good healthy breakfast and supper. Tried out the rowing machine for the first time, and I think I like it. I'll get my husband to move it into my office so I can use it for breaks.

Hope you both have happy healthy days today! ~Kriseliz

soready
06-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Hi Kris and Rita, Stepped on the scale and down 10 lbs. All I did really was cut out the potatoes, pasta and rice. Stuff I really love. Hubby went out to dinner last nght with friends and I chose not to go so I wouldn't be tempted with the bread and pasta. Instead I had , fish sausage,huge salad aand a piece of fruit. My real test came at night when I couldn't sleep I had an internal fight with myself not to go down to the fridge and raid it even tho I know there is nothing of interest in there. Happy to report I won the struggle and didn't go. I want to lose another 50lbs before December when we go to Florida. I will then be able to wear my thin clothes and feel so much better than I have this past couple of weeks. This has been a real eyeopener that I can't play around with obesity any more the consequences are so grave. I will walk later as right now it's 84 degrees and humid and I don't think I'd get far. I haven't thought of doing a journal but it probably is a good idea. Got to get the day started so each of you have a great day and remember what I tell myself all the time-one day at a time. Bernice

RAR
06-17-2004, 03:59 PM
HI! Kris Bernice hope both of you are having a good day sounds like both of you did great yesterday and Bernice congrats that is wonderful loosing that 10 lbs just keep it up whatever you are doing you have a lot of will power and I think that is half the battle I watched what I ate yesterday no breads but had to have a couple pieces of kisses last night at workKris great idea keeping that equiptment in your office hope you will use it took my bike up to my bed room used it a lot for a very short peroidnow instead of looking at it need to get on it the journal is a good idea but the way I am always on the go it would really be hard for me to find the time to write in it but will put it in the back of my mind when I slow down as so many says it helps well hope you both have a great day and thingsare going great for you have to work 12 hrs so right now just getting awake and getting ready for work so havent done anything like I should just havent ate anything swwet so I guess that is a start Bernice good luck at the DR friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita

kriseliz
06-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Good morning ladies!

Bernice! A 10-pound loss? Huzzah and hooray and well-done! And congratulations on winning the battle with your refrigerator. And Rita, congratulations too for resisting the bread. I also love bread.

Had another good day yesterday, even including dinner at a Mexican restaurant... ended up with 1,630 calories, 28 grams of fiber, and 2,981 mg of sodium. Protein/carb/fat ration was 26/55/19... I shoot for 25/50/25 each day.

Have a great day, you two! ~Kriseliz

RAR
06-18-2004, 02:46 PM
HI! Kris ,Bernice hope you both are having a great Friday and by now have had a succesful at whatever you have done with eating or exercising just got up andit is 200 in the afternoon and havent done anything yetor eaten so think I will make a saladfor my breakfat and lunch work nights so my eating habitsare really messed up did make myself have a goal for today and that is Ineed to drink more water so I am going to really stick by that this weekend as Ireally take care of alot of senior people with uti and I always am encouraging them to drink more so I better practice what I preach lol so ladies have a great Friday Kris sounds like you are doing good in counting your calories even when you go out to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita

soready
06-18-2004, 02:51 PM
I read your journal, Kris and left a lenghty reply but it got wiped out because I wasn't logged in. Don't remember what I wrote but it was words of encouragement. We eat out alot and I have to pass up the bread basket and the pastas or I get myself in trouble. Actually don't use sugar at all,replaced by Splenda, and try to keep fat to a minimum as well as the sodium because of blood pressure issues but it's those darn carbs that seem to do me in and I just can't survive on a truly Atkins like diet I just try to keep them real low and for me that ain't easy. Saw the Doc today and Blood pressure excellent and I am feeling better so now I have to be real serious about getting weight under control. And I will. Have a great day, Hope it's not too hot and humid where you are. Bernice

grandma57
06-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Hi soready Par & Kriseliz you guys sound like you are doing ok I am up and down all the time but back in Jan I started again and have been doing pretty good losing very slow but it is comming off . I try to stay on 1200 cal. and I do a lot of walking but it is sure hard to stick to it give up one thing at a time I love sweets but I havnt had any since April 29 that was my birthday and I piged out on cake so that was it for me Have a good day Jean

kriseliz
06-19-2004, 10:47 AM
Good morning ladies! Hello, Jean, and welcome to our little senior class. :) Congratulations on taming the sugar monster! Walking is also pretty much my exercise of choice, although I've been beginning to use my husband's rowing machine as well.

*Great* news from your doctor, Bernice! Hooray hooray!

How'd your water-drinking go, Rita?

I'm just going to start pasting my journal entries here, I think. Save writing it all out twice:

Yesterday was my day to have ice cream. I love just plain vanilla ice cream... so sweet and cold and creamy and smooth and vanilla-y. It doesn't even have to be the high-fat Ben & Jerry's type... I'm happy with ordinary Brand X. I always drizzle about a teaspoon of ordinary vanilla extract over it to intensify the vanilla flavor and scent without adding any calories. So I planned ahead, and ended up doing reasonably well with my calories and my sodium, not so well with my fat.

I had too many fatty things in one day... a slice of cheese melted on my whole-wheat toast at breakfast (plus a banana and skim milk), a scrambled-egg sandwich at lunch (plus some carrot strips and a couple of apricots), a serving of corned beef brisket for dinner (my husband cooked it, and he'd been fussing over it all day, so I felt that the least I could do was eat some). I did actually weigh my serving (4 oz on my little food scale) and I trimmed off all the visible fat (I hate fat on meat anyway), but it was still surprising high in fat grams. I balanced it out with a big salad with low-fat dressing (my own recipe) and some steamed broccoli.

And then, at last, the piece de resistance... my ice cream. One cup (which is actually two "servings"), measured out carefully. Vanilla extract drizzled over. And eating it slooooooowly and making it last. Oh. My. God. It was heaven.

Even with the ice cream, Lifeform stats for yesterday: 1,683 calories, 22 grams of fiber, 2,604 mg of sodium, protein/carb/fat ratio 21/42/37.

soready
06-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi Everyone, Welcome Jean. Kris that is some diet. I think I like yours better than mine. For breakfast had some Kashi Go Lean and fat free yogurt-lunch-tuna with salad no bread- dinner broiled tuna, spinach, and squashes and a small salad and before bed a small banana. Today did the same breakfast,took a walk and not sure about the rest of the day yet. Looks like rain. My goal is to be 60 lbs light by December. I need to do it for the last time. I want to eat myself out of Lane Bryant and back to a real store. Anyway have a great day and be real careful with what you consume. The adage, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips is too true. Bernice

RAR
06-19-2004, 05:49 PM
HI! Bernice.Kris, and welcome Jean!!!!!!!!!!! all three of you ladies seem to have the right idea concerning your diets just keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!have a great saturday wil wrie more monday as I have to work this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita

kriseliz
06-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Good Sunday morning, Bernice, Jean, and Rita!

First weigh-in. Result, 213... a loss of 1-1/2 pounds. Huzzah! I've had my ups and downs this week but at least I've journaled every day and read other journals and entered all my food, good and bad, into Lifeform, and it's working! You chickies are fantastic and this site is a huge motivation. One of the other journalers measured her loss in sticks of butter, which I think is a great idea... six sticks of butter gone! And I even got to have ice cream! :)

I'm still not exercising beyond my everyday housework and walking-around, and I need to work on that this week. I have the rowing machine moved into my office now (it's a home office, so I can put anything I want in it ) so I don't have any more excuses.

I baked bread yesterday... lovely 100% whole wheat bread. Whole wheat flour, yeast, skim milk, a little honey and a little olive oil, and ta-dah! The most delicious, healthy bread. Naturally that's what I had for dinner. And a glass of sherry, too!

Lifeform stats for yesterday: 1,804 calories, 30 grams of fiber, 2,448 mg of sodium. Protein/carb/fat ratio, absolutely on the nose at 25/50/25.

Word count for my novel: 78,938.

Next week, here I come! ~Kriseliz

RAR
06-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Good afternoon Bernice,Jean<and Kris congrats on that weight loss way to go just keep it up it is such a good feeling that it is going down instead of the other wayisnt it you really sound motivatedhope that you will stay that way now you can send some of that over to me!!!!!!!!I think keeping your journal has really helped you also with me I am like a yo.yo.well now it is time to try out the machine dont be like me just looking at it do it if you will I promise I will get on my bikeif just for 5 minutes maybe I will keep a journal on how much I do this week on it now see you got me at least thinking of ot so come monday I will get on it everyone have a great sunday!!!! Rita

kriseliz
06-21-2004, 10:47 AM
LOL Rita, one heapin' helpin' of motivation is on its way! I am strong, hear me roar, I have motivation to spare! :)

Finally attacked the rowing machine yesterday. I think I'll do better with slow and easy, and working up to longer sessions, because I have a repaired knee (smashed kneecap) and a repaired elbow (broken and dislocated, two pins), and can't manage anything high-stress or high-impact. But I just rowed along slow and easy, imagining that I was rowing across a pretty lake and enjoying the scenery. Did two sessions of 50 strokes (? Is that what you call them) each. Will work up to 100 strokes, little by little, and maybe three times a day. It's good to have some kind of exercise I can do indoors when the heat index is 102 outdoors!

Another good food day yesterday... Sunday brunch at a little local diner (whole wheat toast with cottage cheese and a dollop of strawberry jam), popcorn (air-popped) in the afternoon, then lovely steak salads for dinner. My husband grilled a gorgeous steak and I picked out just 4 oz. worth of perfect slices, to put on my beautlful leafy green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers and red onions. Low-fat Greek dressing I made myself. A slice of that home-baked whole wheat bread and a glass of wine. Mmmm. Life is good.

Lifeform stats for the day: 1,629 calories, 24 grams of fiber, 2,435 mg of sodium. Protein/carb/fat ratio, 26/46/27. You're right, Rita, the journal has helped a lot.

You ladies all have a great Monday! ~Kriseliz

RAR
06-21-2004, 02:47 PM
HI! Jean, Bernice,Kris hope you all are having a great Mondayand starting the week out good today Kris I really chuckled on the motivation you sent my wayand it did get me moving did ride my bike for 10 minutes but that is a startfor me glad that you are taking it slow and easy on the machine and doing it 3 times a day is great just keep dioing it and let me know when you get to 100!!!!!!!!! I will have to build myself up again on the bike !!!!!!!!!well have a great day!!!!!!!!sounds like you did great on your food intake also Rita

suzq55
06-21-2004, 03:39 PM
I had my own post, I'll copy it below when Rita suggested I join this group. I went to WW last week and gained a little. I hadn't been there the week before, prior commitment. I did get back on the treadmill two days last week, plan to get on a least 3 days this week. Any of you on WW?
Here's my original post :dizzy:
Hi
I'm new on this website and need a buddy to work with. I am now 52 and in WW. When I was 50 I had lost 50 pounds but since have gained back 40. I still attend meetings every week, refuse not to. I have never taken a pass on weighing in (although I've felt like it) I have all the right ideas in my head but don't seem to always practice what I preach. I am married with three grown children and 3 grandchildren. I have struggled with weight all my life. I do believe in the WW plan, it worked before and will again!! I am very determined if nothing else.
I now have about 60 lbs to lose instead of the 23 I would have if I hadn't gained.
I just thought if I had some buddies in the same struggle, we could help each other. Maybe "talk" to each other instead of eating.
Always a problem at work because of the junk laying around. HELP!
Anybody out there with the same dilemma?? ;)

grandma57
06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Hi Ladies well today is Monday I didnt do good on the week end but that is in the passed now to day is a new day back on track Had a good day to day eating drinking water and excersise added alittle more to my morning walk tape one mile express and did one mile walking out side .
Suzq55 I did ww a long time ago did get to my goal but didnt keep it up and gain it all back but it is all new now .I am just trying to stick to cal counting and doing more excerise I am geting down slowly but getting there .well I have to do 15 min on bike now so keep it going Ladies Jean

RAR
06-21-2004, 09:47 PM
HI! Suzi, glad you came over to our post as I said before these are a great bunch of young 50+ladies who I am sure will be a help to you as you to us sounds like we have another motivated personjust keep rubbing it off on meLOL great that you are doing the tread milljust keep it up!!!!!!as I read jean did ww so I am sure she can help you I know hubby did itfor a whileand he did great!!!!!! while he followed it,Jean you did great with your exercising todayI have them inside walking tape which I still do occasionallywell everyone else have a great evening!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita

RAR
06-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Bernice,Helen,Jean, Kris,I am posting early as I have a lot to do todayKris the first thing I did was get out of bed and ride my bike for 12 min today and believe me two days in a row is a challenge for meLOL I still have some of that motivation going strong yet got to use it while I got it!!!!!!!!did fairly well with my diet until last night just had to have a hot fudge sundaeUGH!!!!!! but will start over as today is a new dayand I forgot to say HI! to Suzi, sorry hopefully you all will be starting your tuesday out the right way with the exercise you choose or the diet good luck and keep doing well my coffee is all going so that is a sign for me to get movin have a great Tuesday!!!!!!!!! Rita

kriseliz
06-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Hello, Suzi, and welcome to the Senior Class! Good morning, Bernice and Jean and Rita!

Instead of pasting my whole journal entry here, I'll just paste the link so you can read it if you feel like it: Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16293_0_1_0_M/). As you can see, I'm going to have to be detoxing myself of sodium today. :(

I rowed "across the lake" (50 strokes) once yesterday, Rita, and I'm going to try to row over and back today. LOL. Don't want to be stranded on the far side of the lake.

You ladies have great days today and check in tomorrow with all the details! ~Kriseliz

grandma57
06-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Hi to all well to day doing good did my one mile walking tape pluss 50 time touching my toes 25 squats 25 crunches and 2 miles of out side walking had a good breakfast bananna 1/2 cup of cereal 1/2 cup skim milk lunch whole wheat wrap with turkey and lettuce and tomato light mayo and cole slaw watermellon planning to be good for supper and try to do 15 min on bike but we will wait and see hope you all are having a good day try hard to keep it going Jean

soready
06-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Hi Everyone, welcome Suz. ell the week-end almost did me in and by that I don't mean food. The medication I wass given for the high blood pressure caused chest pressure,dizziness, difficulty breathing and a very slow pulse. So I took matters in my own hands and stopped the medication on Monday and made an appt with a cardiologist for tomorrow. Interestingly enough I feel like me again and when checking my blood pressure its been normal and I have a normal pulse again. Now I'm wondering if I should have ever been on blood pressure meds. I've not cheated and today felt well enough to walk. Hope I lose something this week. Suzi, WW a great diet, the whole thing is keeping yourself motivated and not to get discouraged. I can't look back because when I was thinner I felt better. Feeling lousy is a great motivator. Hope you all do well this week,catch ya later. Bernice

RAR
06-23-2004, 08:16 AM
GOOd morning everyone well the sun is out in Ohio today and that makes me more motivated Bernice sorry to hear that the bp meds is giving you problems thank goodness you made a appointment with a heart DR as I am sure everything will turn out fine just keep in touch and let me know how you are doing!!!!!!Jean way to go girl just keep it up sounds like you are really motivated I have been watching what I have been eating going to eat my yougrt bar for breakfast and a tuna salad for lunch supper havent decided yet with me it is best that I dont plan too far aheadLOL I am going to ride my bike again my goal is 14 minutes was up all night with a ear ache so right now taking it slow everyone else have a great wednesdayand may you have success with whatever you attempt to do to improve yourself Rita

kriseliz
06-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Good morning, Ladies! Sorry I'm late posting this morning... we had to take one of our doggies to the vet. He's had a persistant cough which disturbs me, and they're going to do some x-rays and tests.

I had a great day yesterday: Kriseliz's Journal. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16380_0_1_0_M/)

I hope your ear feels better soon, Rita, and you go with that bike! I rowed across the lake and back yesterday, and I'm going to do it again today.

Bernice, your experience with the blood pressure medication sounds scary. Maybe you didn't really need it! Hope your appointment with the doctor goes well.

Jean, my gosh, you're an exercising machine, woman! You go! And your food sounds very healthy.

Hiya Suzi, how are you doing?

~Kriseliz

suzq55
06-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Don't have too much time to write today. Weighing in tonight. :?: I'll let you know how that goes. Treadmill two days last week, plan on 3 days this week. I need to take the time to read all your messages. This feels like the group to belong to! :) Have a great day (or what's left of it)
suz

grandma57
06-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi every one I am having a prety good day but not getting weight till Fri and hope I will see a lost but right now I am still the same as last week I kind of blow it on the week end so got to work a little harder this week . Jean ;)

soready
06-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Hi Everyone, Well guess what! The BP is normal and he gave me new meds to take if it goes over 130/80 a few times in a row. Thinks all my original dizziness may be vertigo cause it really comes about when I'm in a store like Walmart with the bright florescent lights. All those symptoms were caused by the meds like I suspected but he was surprised at my difficulty as I was taking 25mg and he has patients taking up to 400mg. Anyway I feel better that I don't have heart problems. Took a walk with AM and have been good watching what I ate today. Had fried eggs and turkey bacon with low carb bread and coffee, for breakfast and dinner was peppers,spinach rigatoni with some pork sausage plus a salad. Oh and some fresh melon and pineapple. Hope the weight starts to really come off, I can use a pat on the back at the scales. :lol: Seems like we've become quite a group. We should issue challenges to motivate us like who can lose 2lbs this next week. I find commiserating with the rest of you is real helpful as I'm not a group person so OA and WW are not for me. It's helpful to know you are not in this war by yourself and a nice way to make new friends from all over the country. Got to go now, all of you stay motivated someone in NJ is thinking about you. Bernice

RAR
06-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Good Morning Bernice,Jean kris.Jean you are really going strong and your just half way so far this week hopefully ypu will keep it up I bet you will be happy with the results when you weigh yourself!!!!! Helen if you blew it last week end that is ok because so did I only for 3 days in a row thank goodness we can start overSuzway to go on the treadmill love your picture of it below hope you was happy with the results when you weighed yourself Bernice sooooo happy that you are feeling betterand again with your new med adjustment not every body is the same and we cant always take the same doses but that dizziness must be awfulas I have a lot of friends who have that and they say it isawfulsounds like youare eating healthy like you I say this is where I belong with all you good ladies as it seems like I am the one who needs most motivatedI am gain for the goal of seeing who can loose 2 pounds next week say everybody posts their way in next Friday? so how about the rest of you care to join? so then someone can come uo with another idea for the following week I know that motivates me only 2 pounds I am going to do it riding my bike here I go!!!!!!!!so have a great Thursday Rita

kriseliz
06-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Wow, what a great busy group! Way to go, ladies, for all checking in. I agree with everybody that this group is a great motivator.

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16430_0_1_0_M/)

Suzi, good luck on your weigh-in tonight! I bet we'll all be cheering for you tomorrow morning.

Jean, weekends are notorious for sneaking up on us. It's kinda like getting thrown from a horse, we just have to get back on. Yeehaw! Ride 'em, cowgirls! (Well, I am from Texas.)

Bernice, that's wonderful news about your blood pressure. Regarding the dizziness, have you had your ears checked? I know it sounds weird, but my precious 91-year-old mother (who takes no prescription meds at all, and I sure hope I've inherited her genes) was having dizzy spells, and it turned out to be impactions of wax in her ears, affecting those delicate little balance mechanisms in the inner ear. She had her ears irrigated and all the dizziness went away.

Rita, LOL, you go girl on that bike!

I'll do a challenge for, oh, say, some measure of healthy eating (calories, fiber, number of veggies per day, whatever) or for some measure of exercise (rowed across the lake and back every day this week), but I'm going to have to opt out of challenges about specific amounts of weight lost. I can control my eating and my exercise, but loss of weight involves so many factors that it isn't really in my direct control, and it would be way too easy to set myself up for disappointment. I am weighing myself once a week (Sunday mornings), but mostly just for reference... I'm trying to focus more on simply living my plan every day, and basing my feelings of success on that. I figure if I stick to my plan, the weight will come off eventually... but for me it's easier to stay positive if I challenge myself on things I can directly control. Does that makes sense? ~Kriseliz

grandma57
06-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi to you all
Kriseliz I am like you my challenge is to make it through this week end I weight to morrow so I will post it and will try for the 2 lbs off by next Fri but with me I could be up 2 lbs to day and down 2 by tomorrow but we will see Jean

soready
06-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi Everybody, Suzi, I hope we hear you are lighter tomorrow. Good Luck! Kris-it just might be an inner ear problem called menieres syndrome and if the vertigo continues I will go to an ear,nose and throat Dr. Right now I am sick and tired of Drs. so I'll just wait and see.You do your program exactly the way it makes you comfortable. I used the 2lbs as a reasonable goal for myself but won't beat myself up if I don't make it. I just can't believe that the way I'm eating ,compared to the way I used to eat, it just has to show results. Today I had 1/2 bagel with some tuna and later in the day had a veggie egg white omelet with cheese. Didn't feel like dinner tonight as I'm still full from lunch. I also like to weigh myself once a week. Did treat myself today to a manicure and pedicure. Feels so good. Have a good evening all. Jean, I understand making it thru the week. Good Luck. Rita, Happy bike riding! Bernice

kriseliz
06-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Groan. Not one of my better days yesterday.

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16491_0_1_0_M/)

Good luck with your weigh-in, Jean, and Suzi, hope yours was good!

Bernice, your food sounds great, very healthy and delicious, too. I've never had a professional manicure or pedicure... maybe I should try that as a non-food reward someday. :)

You go for that two pounds, Rita! Hooray!

Have a great day, chickies of the senior class! ~Kriseliz

suzq55
06-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Well, no cheering this week. I gained a little over a pound. :( I would love to lose 2 pounds per week. I have another little mini goal and that would be when DH and I go to visit our daughter in CA. That gives me 17 :goodvibes
weeks. Just think, 2 pounds per week, 34 pounds. Maybe somewhat unrealistic, but attainable! Ok, I know I always go overboard, so I guess I'll just try for 2 lbs this week. You all are so supportive.

I'm getting a little confused about who we all are. I have to keep scrolling up and down to see who said what. How about everyone add on to this list, then I can look at it when I (or you) post?

Suz- on WW, live in Wisconsin, 3 kids, 3 grandkids, 52 years old, lost 50 but gained a lot back, starting to get motivated again and love this group

RAR
06-25-2004, 02:15 PM
HI! everyone just wanted to pop in and say HI! hope that you all are having a great Friday havent did any kind of exercise as I have to saveall my energy for tonight as I have to work 12 hrs!!!!!!!!after doing that I am whippedthank goodness I got the weekend off so after!!!!!!!!! I wake up I will get on that bike one more timeLOL Suzq like you I gain a pound then loose it again but not giving up Jean good luck with your weigh in!!!!! Kris Bernice the food you are eating sounds so healthy you both surely will get results!!!!!!!did weigh my self at work last night and at a stand still this week 154my goal is 140 sooooo far to go for me as I cant get past that 150 mark and stay there well have a great day Rita

kriseliz
06-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Good morning, senior classmates!

I had a much better day yesterday, thank goodness.

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16532_0_1_0_M/)

Good idea about the tag line identifying all of us, Suzi. I've added my info to the bottom.

Maintaining sure beats gaining, Rita. Chalk up the week to practice for your ultimate maintaining life. :)

How'd your weigh-in go, Jean?

Hi, Bernice! <waves>

Suz- on WW, live in Wisconsin, 3 kids, 3 grandkids, 52 years old, lost 50 but gained a lot back, starting to get motivated again and love this group
Kriseliz- on DASH and general moderation, live in Texas, 3 children, 6 grandchildren, 2 beagles, 1 cat, 58 years old, self-employed writer, never dieted before for more than a day or two but got a serious talking-to from her doctor when her weight hit 220 pounds and her blood pressure edged up to borderline

RAR
06-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Good morning, senior classmates!

I had a much better day yesterday, thank goodness.

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16532_0_1_0_M/)

Good idea about the tag line identifying all of us, Suzi. I've added my info to the bottom.

Maintaining sure beats gaining, Rita. Chalk up the week to practice for your ultimate maintaining life. :)

How'd your weigh-in go, Jean?

Hi, Bernice! <waves>

Kriseliz- on DASH and general moderation, live in Texas, 3 children, 6 grandchildren, 2 beagles, 1 cat, 58 years old, self-employed writer, never dieted before for more than a day or two but got a serious talking-to from her doctor when her weight hit 220 pounds and her blood pressure edged up to borderline
Rita 56 years old workaholic at least that is what my kids tell me have 4 kids all out 7 grandkids3 cats 3 dogs so plenty busy taking care of all that LOL
:^:

RAR
06-26-2004, 04:26 PM
HI! everyone just hope that you are having a great Saturdy!!!!!!!!the sun is out in Ohio but chilly just got up so need to get awakewell have agreat day Rita

soready
06-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi, Guess it's my turn. I'm Bernice, 61 years old(can't believe it myself) married almost 41 years, 3 kids,one wonderful grandson and four toy dogs. Muffin,Misty,Kasha and Pitzi. I live in NJ and we just spent our first winter in Fla. Didn't miss the snow. I'm not eating much and I'm also not feeling any results. I refused to get discouraged but I'd like to see a difference in the scale on Monday. Wish me luck. Bernice

grandma57
06-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Rita 56 years old workaholic at least that is what my kids tell me have 4 kids all out 7 grandkids3 cats 3 dogs so plenty busy taking care of all that LOL
:^:
Hi I am Jean 62-live in Ontario Canada - 3 sons one passed away Oct /02 4 grandkids I look after a 29 unit appartment building been up and down with my weight at one time I was 210 now I am 174 taking a long time but getting there and I have a wonderful husband for 42 years thats my story and I am sticking to it Jean

kriseliz
06-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Good morning all!

Well! A good week for me... weigh-in this morning, 210, down from 213 last week.

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16567_0_1_0_M/)

Sun, Rita? What's that? LOL. It has rained and rained and rained down here... the ground is all so supersaturated that the water just pools on top. The yard squishes like a swamp. Yuck.

Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow, Bernice!

And here's our senior class summary, in alphabetical order:

Bernice (soready): 61 years old (can't believe it myself), married almost 41 years, 3 kids, one wonderful grandson and four toy dogs, Muffin, Misty, Kasha and Pitzi. I live in NJ and we just spent our first winter in Fla.
Jean (grandma57): 62- live in Ontario Canada- 3 sons one passed away Oct /02- 4 grandkids. I look after a 29 unit apartment building. Been up and down with my weight, at one time I was 210 now I am 174, taking a long time but getting there. And I have a wonderful husband for 42 years.
Kriseliz (kriseliz): on DASH and general moderation, live in Texas, 3 children, 6 grandchildren, 2 beagles, 1 cat, 58 years old, self-employed writer, never dieted before for more than a day or two but got a serious talking-to from her doctor when her weight hit 220 pounds and her blood pressure edged up to borderline.
Rita (RAR): in Ohio, 56 years old, workaholic at least that is what my kids tell me, have 4 kids all out, 7 grandkids 3 cats 3 dogs, so plenty busy taking care of all that.
Suz (suzq55): on WW, live in Wisconsin, 3 kids, 3 grandkids, 52 years old, lost 50 but gained a lot back, starting to get motivated again and love this group.

Everyone have a wonderful healthful happy Sunday! ~Kriseliz

RAR
06-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Good morning everyone!!!!!!!! Kris thank you for arranging the posts on us as it sure does help all in order and congrats on the loss a big hug you deserve well since I had Saturday off did the town went out to eat had a salad large one but when I went to the show blew it just had to have some pop corn and a large one will try to do better today as I am haveing a cook out for my oldest daughter graduation as she got a degree and for her hubby now he is offically a plumber!!!!!!!(good for me) then tomorrow going to hubby doing which is a buffet style so I really have to be strong I figure I will just eat half of whtat I get I know I sure will have to work hard at loosing those 2 pounds this week after all that LOL Jean I lost my oldest daughter in Nov of 92 sad year for both of us!!!!!!!!!Bernice hope you had success of the weight lossansd stil feeling better over the med changeSuz glad to have you in our groupand as of right now you are the baby in age!!!!!!well everyone else have a wonderful sunday Rita

soready
06-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Kriseliz, thanks for putting all that in order. My computer skills are minimum and I can barely navigate around any website. Well, Have to report I blew it. Had a 4AM transgression. Couldn't sleep sooo headed for the fridge and had peanut butter and jelly. They say confession is good for the soul so there it is. I'm not going to beat myself up but I'm being extra careful today. Took one of the pups and we took a walk. Weather here is gorgeous almost feels fall like. We deserve it since the past few days have been rainy gray and just yucky. Should be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow. Almost don't want to know. Interesting article in our local paper today about the carb craze going on in the supermarket with all those suddenly healthy new revamped foods. It's buyer beware because not only are they expensive they are loaded with extra fat and because calories count alot of them are very high so one may not lose as much as they think except in the pocketbook. At my age I've come to realize it's not what you eat but how much-portion control and everything in moderation. Sounds simple doesn't it. How come it's not? Bernice

deleted
06-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Ladies, could I possibly nudge my way into your little group? :?: I just turned 60 on Monday, need to lose 70 lbs., and would love to do it with ladies near my own age. I posted above for a 50-60 ish buddy before I saw your thread! Thanks for considering me!

kriseliz
06-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Hey, Bonniebroad, come on in! We'd love to have you. Are you on any special program? ~Kriseliz

soready
06-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Hi Bonnie, Jump right in, you certainly qualify age wise and have the desire to lose weight. Collectively perhaps we can inspire each other and stick to a program of our choice. As you can see we all just did a brief bio on ourselves. Please feel free to add yours.
Rita @ Jean-Sorry for the loss of your children. 1992 was some year. I narrowly lost my eldest daughter and we went thru 3 months of ****, however the outcome was good and she survived. Again, my condolences.
Just came back from dinner and I was good, had a chopped salad and veal scallopinni. They gave two big slices and I took one home with all the mashed potatoes. Guess that's hubby's lunch tomorrow.
How many hours till I get on the scale? 11 I think. Bernice

loser43
06-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Hi Girls ;) I just noticed this post. I have been on WW several times and years. :o I have been coming to this site on and off for a while .I was visiting another site but don't seem to ge getting much out of reading it any more.
2 years ago I lost 70 lbs gained back 40 and now back on WW and meetings.I have lost about 9 lbs in 5 weeks so it is slow going.
I would like to join your little group. :^:
I'm 60 will be 61 in Aug. and live near Pittsburgh PA.
I grew up in Iowa and Hubby is from MD. and he was in the navy for 28 years. I was a hairstylist for 35 haven';t worked since 97 .
Hope to learn you all soon :coffee:
Dawn

deleted
06-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Thank you, Kriseliz and Soready! I am very serious this time, and would love your company, girls!

A BIO: I'm Bonnie, just turned 60, retired admin. asst., one son, one granddaughter, married 40 years, live in Central N.C. Have dieted on and off since high school, hitting the size 16 and up range in my thirties. Am very knowledgable about nutrition if I'd just do it. Am doing my own version of Weight Watchers (sort of), limiting calories to 1400. Walking everyday, sometimes twice.......... Official weigh-in day will be Tuesday, I started at 233 last Tuesday, and want to get to 160.

Thank you for helping me out, girls. I've read your posts on here, and you are giving great support to each other.

grandma57
06-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Hi to Bonniebroad & loser43 welcome
well you have come to the right place we are all in the same Boat
I been up and down yo yo dieting all my life but bean very good since Jan I am losing slowly but get there
I do a lot of walking try to get 3 miles a day I weight in on Fri and Monday and do a lot of praying in between . I did ww along time a go and got to my goal but slowly put it back on right now I am doing about 1200 cal 14 cal seam to be working I try to stick to 2 milk 2 bread 3 fruit veggies fish and alot of chicken red meat 2 times a week so on and so on well thats it for to night Jean :)

kriseliz
06-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Good morning, Rita, Bernice, Jean, Suzi, Bonnie, and Dawn! Wow, the senior class is growing! Pretty soon we're going to have to start a "club" down there in the "Groups" section of the boards, with all those 20-somethings and 30-somethings. :)

I had a good day yesterday, although a little low in fat, even for me:

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16620_0_1_0_M/)

As I mention in my journal, I have magically doubled the size of my lake, so that it now takes 50 strokes to get across and 50 to get back, for a total of a hundred. (Bonnie and Dawn, this is my game with my husband's rowing machine... I pretend I'm rowing across a pretty little lake). Going to try to row across and back twice a day, every day this week.

Rita, congratulations on your daughter's graduation. How did you do with your "eat half of everything" plan at the buffet?

LOL Bernice, counting down the hours to the scale! Let us know what the results were. And I totally agree that most of the new "low-carb" foods are just ways to squeeze more money out of unwary consumers.

Jean, your plan sounds very healthy, good whole food, enjoyable exercise, and a slow loss is the way to go, I think!

Nice to "meet" you, Bonnie and Dawn, and I look forward to hearing more about your plans and successes.

Everybody have a great day! ~Kriseliz

suzq55
06-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Another quick reply. Thanks for the organization Kriseliz.. :) Now we need to add bonniebroad and loser 43... Glad to have everyone. We're all in the same boat! :spin: Good luck on all our weight LOSSES this week! :grouphug:

Will have more time tomorrow to reread everyone's post for today and write something more. suz

deleted
06-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Good morning ladies - Kriseliz, Rita, Bernice, Jean, Suzi, and Dawn!.... I hope you are all doing well today, full of P&V, and ready to go! Today is my OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN DAY: SW - 233, CW TODAY - 230. I had way too much salt yesterday, because I had been down to 229, and I know my calories were fine. Anyhoo, I will take 3 lbs. off. I have walked eight days in a row so am very pleased about that.

I am trying to get familiar with your bios, and who is who! Sounds like lots of animal lovers in our group. I have an almost 15-year old Cairn Terrier who is winding down, in the autumn of his life. We love him so much.

Bernice, hope your weigh-in was good yesterday. I am trying to get my calories to about 1350 for the next week but I know that exact number doesn't mean too much. Does anyone want to tell me how long it has taken you to lose whatever you've lost? I'm figuring that 70 lbs. is going to take me a good year, at least..........if not a bit longer, as I know I will never be the 1000 calorie a day/type or do South Beach or anything drastic. I know those diets take it off quickly, but when I try it, I feel too deprived and gain right back!!!

Rita, I hope your enjoyed your festivities, and Kris, happy rowing.......... I know that is very good for you! Have a wonderful day, all! I'm rooting for you all!:-d

kriseliz
06-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Good morning, hard-working healthy-eating senior chicks!

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16667_0_1_0_M/)

Another pretty good day yesterday, although no rowing. Husband home from his trip tonight, so it's back to the restaurant wars tomorrow. :)

Here's our updated list:

Bernice (soready): 61 years old (can't believe it myself), married almost 41 years, 3 kids, one wonderful grandson and four toy dogs, Muffin, Misty, Kasha and Pitzi. I live in NJ and we just spent our first winter in Fla.
Bonnie (bonniebroad): just turned 60, retired admin. asst., one son, one granddaughter, married 40 years, live in Central N.C. Have dieted on and off since high school, hitting the size 16 and up range in my thirties. Am very knowledgeable about nutrition if I'd just do it. Am doing my own version of Weight Watchers (sort of), limiting calories to 1400 and walking every day.
Dawn (loser43): I'm 60 will be 61 in Aug. and live near Pittsburgh PA. I grew up in Iowa and Hubby is from MD. and he was in the navy for 28 years. I was a hairstylist for 35 haven't worked since 97. Two years ago I lost 70 lbs gained back 40 and now back on WW and meetings.
Jean (grandma57): 62- live in Ontario Canada- 3 sons one passed away Oct /02- 4 grandkids. I look after a 29 unit apartment building. Been up and down with my weight, at one time I was 210 now I am 174, taking a long time but getting there. And I have a wonderful husband for 42 years.
Kriseliz (kriseliz): on DASH and general moderation, live in Texas, 3 children, 6 grandchildren, 2 beagles, 1 cat, 58 years old, self-employed writer, never dieted before for more than a day or two but got a serious talking-to from her doctor when her weight hit 220 pounds and her blood pressure edged up to borderline.
Rita (RAR): in Ohio, 56 years old, workaholic at least that is what my kids tell me, have 4 kids all out, 7 grandkids 3 cats 3 dogs, so plenty busy taking care of all that.
Suz (suzq55): on WW, live in Wisconsin, 3 kids, 3 grandkids, 52 years old, lost 50 but gained a lot back, starting to get motivated again and love this group.

Seven of us now. Have a happy healthy day! ~Kriseliz

kriseliz
06-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Wooooo hooo! Congratulations, Bonnie! ~Kriseliz

suzq55
06-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Good morning ladies..
Congrats Bonnie on the weight loss :bravo: My weigh in is tomorrow. How come you always get the munchies the day before or the day of a weigh in? :dizzy: Took a walk with a coworker today on break and didn't want to come back.. Absolutely perfect summer weather. :cloud9: Made some popcorn to stay out of the candy machine. Thankfully, lunch is in another hour! Have a great day. I'll check in before I leave today. suz

deleted
06-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Suz & Kris, thanks for the support! Isn't popcorn a great diet aid? You get to crunch a lot, and can stretch it out. Are you eating light or air-popped or regular? I try but can't stick with that air-popped....... I'm looking for a good, lo-cal stuffed-pepper recipe.. think I've found one for all these beautiful peppers I bought at Costco (red, yellow, green.) Hope your weigh-in will be great tomorrow, Suz, and yes, we do always get the munchies the day before we weight in!

soready
06-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi Ladies, Welcome Bonnie and Dawn. This is awesome. When I first posted for a buddy I never dreamt it would this would grow like it has. I'm delighted to have all these new friends and I'm sure Rita who was the first to respond to my plea feels the same way.
Well,the saga of the scale, believe it or not nothing changed and I don't understand it as portions are small, I'm walking and I've cut carbs to the bone. I refuse to get discouraged.
Anyway, I've had a lifetime of dieting starting in my teen years when I was offered a sweet 16 birthday party or a diet doctor. Some choice! Took the Dr and was put om anphetermines and lost30 lbs. was 156 and went to 123. As years went by and pregnancies ensued I gained weight. Also first year of marriage gained 80 lbs. It seems every decade I lose 100 lbs only to gain it back. I've done WW diet control, worked for Nutrisystem (never touched their food) did optifast, tenuate, you name it, I'vedone it. I lost
weight two years ago just by cutting back and went from 226 to 145 and it just stAlled there and I went back up to 206. I am now 195 and would like to be at goal by Dec but at this rate I don't know if I'll make it. But I qon't give up cause I have you girls to rah rah me on. And I need all of you. Thanks for being there. Bernice

deleted
06-29-2004, 02:46 PM
:balloons:Bernice, something to cheer you up! So sorry that scale wasn't working for you today. You probably have some fluid thing going on, and will drop a couple of pounds in a day or two! I thought I'd have lost more than 3 lbs this first week, and know I didn't because I POUR salt on! :( It will drop.......... just hang in there, girl! Some days this weight-loss journey is like this!:crazy:

grandma57
06-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi to every one congratulations Bonnie you did good now we say you are a loser LOL good for you well I stayed the same may be by FRI I would like to have a lb off I lost only 13 lbs from Jan/04 but I think more inches well got to go now take care Jean

deleted
06-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Ladies, please wish me luck! We have decided to visit my son in New England, who is alone for the 4th, so will be traveling over the next week. Will have my laptop and be checking in with you all. This is the kind of thing that really tears my dieting up but I am going to domy best knowing that I will be reporting back to you terrific supporters.

I will be sending lots of healthy eating vibes to you all! :) Have a great Wednesday!

kriseliz
06-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Good morning, Rita, Bernice, Jean, Suzi, Bonnie and Dawn! LOL and I remembered everybody's name without even checking the list.

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16728_0_1_0_C/)

Have a wonderful time in New England with your son, Bonnie, and remember the key to successful restaurant eating is EHOE... eat half of everything, and oh, yes, hide the saltshaker. :)

Maintaining is an accomplishment too, so hooray Jean! Losing thirteen pounds in six months is no small feat. That's 52 sticks of butter! Just imagine that piled up on your kitchen counter.

Bernice, I know it sounds crazy, but maybe you need more food? Do you think your metabolism could be hunkering down into starvation mode and clinging to the weight it has?

I love popcorn too. I do air-pop it, and as it comes out of the popper I spritz it lightly with one of those aerosol buttery-flavored sprays. Adds only minimal calories and fat, and makes a huge difference in taste and texture. I've also been experimenting with sprinkling it with sugar rather than salt, because I'm working so hard to cut down my sodium. Not a ton of sugar, just a little bit sprinkled over, as I would have sprinkled salt on it before. The butter-spray makes the sugar stick, and it ends up being a lovely light crunchy sweet snack that's completely sodium-free.

Hope your weigh-in went well, Suzi!

~Kriseliz

loser43
06-30-2004, 06:31 PM
I thought I posted a reply this morning but I don't see it.
Bonnie have fun on your trip.
About the popcorn I popcorn in a popcorn popper thing that is just a bowl with a lid and use no oil and when it comes out I spray it with Walmart butter spray in the spray can . then sprinkle on some splenda. Sometimes I put taco seasoning or Old Bay..Yum :corn:

Is there a way that we could post every day to a knew thread to keep up with daily stuff.?
Every one have a nice OP weekend if celabrating the 4th of July

deleted
06-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Good evening to all you lovely ladies, Rita, Bernice, Jean, Suzi, Kris and Dawn! Hope you have all had really good days!

I am on the road in Maryland, and just ate at the wonderful Olive Tree Restaurant here in Aberdeen, and am pretty proud of myself. I gave up my usual glass or two of White Zinfandel for a diet Pepsi with lime slice, had my husband keep the garlic butter bread sticks on his side of the table (ate NONE!), asked for the salad NAKED and put a reasonable amount of Italian dressing on, and ate JUST HALF of a sensible entree........ Spicy Shrimp Diablo (sp?) on linguine. It was shrimp in a marinara sauce, and I immediately cut the linguine portion in half, and did not eat more than half. It was the leanest thing I could find........... I would normally have had something like shrimp stuffed with crab imperial with all the trimmings so tonight was a victory for me!

My dessert was 115 calories of a Hershey Bar with a cup of coffee......... just to have a bite of sweet. Now I'm done for the night, and getting ready to go for a swim.

I hope that all of you have had happy days, and enjoyed something that made you smile! :dizzy: Good luck to any of you who are weighing in the end of this week! :)

grandma57
06-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi I playing it safe I am going to say Hi to every-one cause I dont want to miss any one
Well to day I ate good and drank some water only did my one mile walking
tape been busy it is end of the month my busy time here collecting rent I look after a 29 unit appartment building keeps me busy .To morrow is are Canada day birthday so going to the fire works .We live on a boarder city so we get the watch the usa fire works to on the July 4 they are always better then ours . well keep up the good work Jean

deleted
07-01-2004, 12:10 AM
:balloons: :balloons: Happy Canada Day, Jean! Enjoy!

I am now back from the pool, and after about half-hour of paddling around in the water, I can tell I was good at dinner because I am HUNGRY! :( But that's good........... We get the hot breakfast buffet free in the morning here at the Holiday Inn, and I will stick to the scrambled eggs, bacon and fruit. (None of that darn sausage gravy and biscuits, however much it calls to me! :mad: )

Good luck tomorrow, everybody!

suzq55
07-01-2004, 04:31 PM
I know I posted something yesterday (later) too and can't find it! Oh well. Hope everyone is doing just fine today! I did end up losing .8 (almost a pound) last night at weigh in. I almost feel like I got a gift, because of the snacking. So, with that said, who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth! Right back on track today and plan to stay that way.
Is anybody on this today? Hope everyone has a happy 4th! suzi

soready
07-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Hi Everyone, Yes Suz I'm here barely. Having lots of trouble with the computer with those awful pop-ups. Computer provider gave me a disk to install but the computer was not responding and he said to bring it into a shop. I had lots of programs installed so I just went thru it and uninstalled stuff that I have no idea what it is including instant messenger programs that just pop up and drive me nuts. I think I might have solved my own program. We'll see. Jean- Happy Canada Day. We've travelled quite abit in Canada and I even found one of my dogs on the interent and she was in Manitoba and I flew her in. To make her feel welcomed I sang to her O Canada and then the Star Spangle Banner. Somehow we ran out of propane so I can't cook or barbeque.What a shame. LOL They will be coming next week to fill the tank. My freezer on the bottom of the refigerator is crapping out and I just had a 250 dollar repair on it. Don't want to have to replace it even tho it's 11 year old becasue it's a subzero and they are very expensive. And if that's not all the AC decided not to go on so Son in Law is here fixing it as he's in the business. Like they say when it rains it pours. No plans for 4th of July week-end except to go to a concert in the park and maybe bring a picnic lunch. Eating under control but don't feel like any progress iis being made. Anyway enough about me. Hope all of you are doing OK and Bonnie keep up the good work seems like you have it under control. Bernice

deleted
07-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Suzi, congrats on losing your .8!!! Every bit counts.... Bernice, sorry your appliances, etc. are giving you a fit! I lost a water heater this past winter, and had to have a washer repaired so I KNOW! :mad:

Doing well with my eating on this trip..... had a cheese quarter pounder with half the bun thrown away for lunch, diet drink, no fries. Then just had chicken breast, salad with low-cal dressing, and a cup of wild rice for dinner. Will have a 90 cal. ice cream bar later, and that's it for the day!

When I arrived here, after 8 hours in the car, I immediately did my walk at a playground near my son's house. A great place to exercise.......... so I am just a little proud of myself! :D

Happy healthy eating, girls. Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Bonnie

kriseliz
07-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Sorry to be so late posting today... my DSL has been down since early this morning. I hope we have the problems resolved now.

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16827_0_1_0_M/)

Bonnie, sounds like you're having a wonderful time and sticking to plan on your trip. You go girl!

Happy Canada Day, Jean! One of our doggies is also originally from Canada, from Edmundton, Alberta. It was one of those sad divorce stories, with neither party wanting the dog. Fortunately the beagle rescue people intervened, and as I have been involved in beagle rescue myself, I agreed to take the little Canadian orphan as a foster doggie. Naturally I fell in love with her, and she became part of our permanent pack. Here's a picture of her:

Cressie (http://*************.com/group/merryhounds/)

Congrats on your loss, Suzi! That's more than three-quarters of a pound, so three sticks of butter and a bit more. Well done! :)

Bernice, hope all your appliances are soon running smoothly again. If your eating's under control then you are making progress, and it will show up eventually. :)

~ Kriseliz

kriseliz
07-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Good morning chickettes! Posting at my regular time this morning, and since I posted so late last night due to my DSL connectivity adventures, I have no one to respond to but myself! LOL.

Kriseliz's Journal (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/16844_0_1_0_M/)

You ladies have a marvelous holiday weekend. Our little town bans "fireworks," which according to the oh-so-wise town fathers also includes sparklers, caps, and those little snake things that you put down on the sidewalk, light with a match, and watch expand and contort and curl into a long snake. Anybody else remember those? It's a shame that the grandbabies won't ever have the fun of pounding caps with a hammer, or making snakes, or enjoy the truly awe-inspiring experience of running their fingers through sparkler sparks and feeling how weirdly cold and prickly they are.

Ah, well, progress.

~Kriseliz

deleted
07-02-2004, 11:35 AM
:coffee: Good morning, ladies! Hope you are all chipper and ready for your weekend. It's my 40th wedding anniversary Sunday, and it will be nice to spend it with our son. We are going to cook out and go to fireworks that day, because we will be eating out tonight at an Italian restaurant, tomorrow lunch in Boston, and then on the water Monday. The whole weekend is sort of a celebration! :)

How's my program going? Well, I walked a good half hour this morning. This neighborhood is perfect to walk in, and the weather couldn't be prettier. I've had my slice of raisin toast and two boiled eggs with tea. I'm just going to have a bowl of fruit for lunch, as I want to save calories for my dinner tonight.

Kris, your plan for your 4th cookout sounds good, with the shortcakes, etc. Have your shortcake, but have it small - that's a good way to do it. I'm really trying to just start eating differently, plan ahead and not look at this as a short-term thing. It is difficult when you're traveling and visiting......

Have a great day, all you fair ladies! :cool:

soready
07-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Bonnie, Have a very Happy Anniversary. Today being married this long is really a milestone when you think about all the divorce out there. Sounds like you have your head on straight with working out the food and exercise. :coffee: Good for you.
Tonight we are going to picnic in the park with the NJ Pops (orchestra) and then there will be fireworks after. I for one believe fireworks should be controlled as I've seen the aftermath in the Emergency room with blown off body parts. I say leave it to the experts.
While I'm not seeing results on the scale it looks like my belly has gone down so I guess something is happening even tho it's not as fast as I would like.
Freezer needs a new thermostat, that will be done Tuesday, a program to clear out computer has helped a bit. New thermostat for AC installed so we are cool again. So the problems are being solved. Everyone have a Happy 4th of July. Bernice

deleted
07-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Thank you, Bernice, for your thoughts! Girls, I am torn about the fireworks........ the simple ones like sparklers and caps, and the ones that do a twisty or spew on the sidewalk, I am fine with doing at home myself. But I have seen the men in my own family be careless with the kind that shoot rockets up and do more elaborate things. And it only takes one careless moment with some of the bigger ones, and you can have an eye out or finger blown off!!! Like most things, there is some risk but I think you can allow the simpler ones............. if children are carefully supervised (which, I don't think they are anymore, the way we did ours, anyway!:-( )

kriseliz
07-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Well, geez, I am hardly advocating handing rockets to four-year-olds. Anybody who can lose a body part while playing with a sparkler under adult supervision is going to hurt themselves no matter what they do. Guess I'd better keep my reminiscences to myself.

RAR
07-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Good Afternoon everyone I am back my computer has been down all week really missed getting on it and talking to you all welcome to the newest ladieshave to go back and read your postswell have not lost anything this week still at 154 but really didnt stick to what I had planned to dowas so upset about my computerso will start again on monday well ladies may you all haver a great Friday!!!!!!!!!!! Rita

loser43
07-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Well weigh in was today DRUM ROOOLLLLLLLL PLEASE 1.2 down so I've lost about 10 of the 40 I gained in 7 weeks.
We are having company this weekend but I really want to stay OP and lose next week too.
Bonnie sounds like your having fun.
Every one have a save and fun 4 th

deleted
07-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Kris, I knew that you weren't advocating handing "rockets" to a four-year old! The people I'm talking about being careless are some adults in my family, after they've had a couple of beers. Unfortunately, I do know people who will hand a sparkler to a two-year old and let them run around with it! But I think "normal people" (careful) are fine with the simpler fireworks. But I have seen my nephews shoot rockets up into neighbor's dry trees, etc., and I've seen them go back and try to light a sidewalk one that sat and fizzled. That's where they can get in trouble. My family indeed does do the simpler fireworks on a normal year, and even some of the rockets, etc. Luckily, no one has ever been hurt... we really try to be careful, but, Kris, I understand exactly what you're saying! Sometimes you can take away too much............

deleted
07-02-2004, 05:21 PM
:cheer: Dawn, way to go! 1.2 is great......... If you do that every week, you'll have those lbs. off before you know it!

I just had my lunch .... a peach and a soft-serve cone from MickeyD's..150 for the cone. I still have about a thousand calories left for my Italian dinner tonight... can't wait! :p

RAR
07-03-2004, 05:26 AM
Good morning everyone hope tht everybody will have a great Saturdaysounds like everyone has great plans for the holiday hope you enjoy yourselves in this area fire works are on the 4th and I am at work when they go off so maybe I can look out the windows from work Dawn congrats on the weight loss way to go!!!!!! Bonnie congrats on your anniversaryand many more Kris hope your cook out go well Bernice hope you all have a great holiday!!!!!!!!plan on a quite day just relaxing and really getting serious about my weight loss hope to reach my 2 pound loss next week did get some walking in fridayabout 1/2 mile at the park but my knee gave out so knewit was time to quit have plans on walking again today with my friend if it doesnt rain so going to try and be good this weekend when it comes to my eating if you all are attempting then I just have to followhave a great day Rita

deleted
07-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Good morning, ladies! Rita, hope you will be able to get in another walk today, and I hope you will accomplish that 2 lbs. loss this week.

My Italian dinner went very well last night.... 1/2 half roll, Pasta Bolognese of which I ate maybe half, a salad with oil & vinegar (lightly). No wine (diet Coke) and only a teaspoon of dessert so I'm happy with my control so far. I did have a small glass of wine and a couple of slices of cheese while watching a movie late in the evening so I believe I had about 1800 calories for the day. Considering that it's a "traveling holiday weekend," that's okay with me, when I think what I usually consume.

I am 5'10". All there any other "towering creatures" on here? :)

Bernice, hope your concert was fun last night, that the weather was good for it.

I hope all you ladies will have a wonderful Saturday, and that your weather is beautiful wherever you are.

I am getting ready for my walk in this lovely New England weather, then we'll take the train into Boston with family to visit the Museum of Fine Arts, and then eat late lunch out down there somewhere. Tonight we'll continue our Scrabble tournament, and watch that Russell Crowe "Master and Commander" (?) movie.

Will check back later to see if any more of you have checked in. :dizzy:

grandma57
07-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Hello to every one I got a little behind with every one so hope you all are doing good .I didnt lose this week again so now the holiday and fooling around is over . back ontrack marking down and measureing and planing . I did my 3 miles walking to day and stuck to eating plan and drinking water .It is a nice day here sun is shinning I missed our fire works but I will catch JUly 4th across the river . well take care Jean

RAR
07-03-2004, 06:47 PM
HI! everyone just popped in to say HI! quite in the house so thought I would get on while I had a chance Bonnie sounds like you have a busy weekend but fun glad that you did good on your dinner way to go!!!!!!!! sorry only 5/5 but my one daughter is that talland really has a hard time finding the right clothes to fit Jean glad that I am not the only one who fooled around and didnt loose this week we both will get serious come monday Right? didnt walk today as my knee is acting up and I have to work sunday and monday tuesday but did get on my bike and ride for 15 minutes so I guess it is better then nothing well kiddos have a great evening Rita

loser43
07-04-2004, 03:01 AM
Hi Girls,Busy today with our company.Glad every one is having some fun this week end .Thanks for the accknowledgement of my weight loss.I'll keep plugging away.
Does everyone in this group do WW or doing different things?
Oh I think I probably the shortest only 5'3",, used to be 1/2 added but with age I think I lost that :D
Have a good 4th everyone.

deleted
07-04-2004, 09:22 AM
:wizard: Happy 4th fair ladies! Happy Birthday USA!

My dinner went well last night. Ate at Texas Roadhouse restaurant for first time, and it's an easy "diet place." Had diet Coke with lots of lime, a filet mignon, a salad with low-cal Ranch dressing, and ate half a baked potato with a little butter. No wine or dessert there, than a Low Carb Fudge Bar by Klondike when we got home. Am very impressed by that restaurant chain, had never tried one, but everything was excellent. Hopefully, at least, I won't have gained anything when I get home on Tuesday night.

We're going to take a long drive up the coast of Maine, and eat on the water today. Go to some places we haven't been ......... (changed our plans to cook out here.)

Oh, lovely thing happened. I received a ruby, diamond and mother-of-pearl necklace/heart for our 40th anniversary! :)

grandma57
07-04-2004, 03:43 PM
HI raining day here to day may be no fire works to night > So I guess an other new start to morrow no more excusses holiday week end over again I dont think I gained but I know for sure I didnt lose any thing but I guess once and awhile you can have a little extra and thats what I did . Jean

soready
07-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Dawn, Congrats on the weight loss. You are on your way. The concert must have been good, we didn't stay because it was so far from where we had to park that we went to another park and had a lovely picnic around a lake. The next night we went to a neighboring town to a Theater under the Sky to hear a music from the 40's. A free concert. Today we went to the town parade and watched all the fire trucks and ambulances go by. My grandson was treated to being allowed to climb and sit in one of the trucks. When you are almost 3 this is really a big deal.
My eating is still under control and I will weigh in tomorrow. I hope I see progress.I think I will join the Y tomorrow and start water aerobics which I have done before and really liked it. Got to go walk the dogs now. By the way I may be the shortest at 5 ft 11/2 inches. I could swear I was once 5 ft 3 at one time. Bernice

RAR
07-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Good eevening everyone Bernice good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!!!!!!!!and Jean hope that you all had a great sunday sounds like everyone had a fun weekend !!!!!Rita

suzq55
07-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Ladies,
It sounds like everyone had a nice holiday. My daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandkids came up for the weekend. We had a great time. Always exhausted when they leave though! My husband and I took an 1 1/2 hour nap! :yawn:

Well, I would be stretching it slightly if I said I was 5'1 1/2". Closer to 5'1", I guess. So, needless to say, according to my weight I should be about 6 feet tall :lol:

I ate a few more extra things than I should have this weekend, with the company. My sister, her husband, my mom and mother-in-law were over too. I was a little disappointed in the weather yesterday. My husband and I were supposed to go on the Harley and the sun was not cooperating. So, like I said we cleaned up after the company and took a nap. I did get some reading in too.

My weigh in is tomorrow. I'm trying to watch it now, so we'll see. Hope all of you are back on or stayed on track this past weekend.
suzi

suzq55
07-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Kriseliz, you haven't abandoned the group, have you? Didn't see any postings from you since Friday..suzi

grandma57
07-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Hi Ladies well another rainny day got my one mile tape done this morning but it dosnt look like I will get out side to day but I will do my inside bike and some crunches and squats got to keep moving so far to day 1 cup of cereal 1/2 cup skim milk 1/2 bananna Lunch chicken salad w w wrap and toss salad light dressing and water mellon so far so good . Just doing some knitting to day it keeps me busy . I hope every one is having a good day Jean

RAR
07-06-2004, 05:42 PM
HI! everyone hope that you all are having a great Monday slept most of the day then went to my other job came home and rode my bike for 20 minutes now I am ready to go back to bedLOL Suzq I did get a little ride on my hubby gold wing but it was so hot !!!!!! so hope you will get to ride soon and good luck with your weigh in tomorrow I am going to wait until Friday and I probably gained from all the holiday food that I ate Jean soory you had some rain today but at least you did something concering exercise way to go!!!!!!!! Kris we miss you hurry back!!!!!!the rest of you have a great monday Rita

deleted
07-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Kris, if you're around, I sure hope that nothing that I said about the fireworks offended you in any way. That certainly wasn't my intention.

We just got back from our trip to New England, and after eating out in Italian, Texas Roadhouse, seafood and Indian restaurants four nights in a row, I believe I managed to lose two to three more lbs. this past week. I ate out, but I was very careful WHAT I ate. My OFFICIAL weigh-in is tomorrow.

Glad to hear everyone had a good weekend. These holidays are exhausting but FUN! Good luck with weigh-ins, all! :)

deleted
07-06-2004, 10:11 PM
:lol: I believe I would look like the JOLLY GREEN GIANT next to most of you ladies!!!

deleted
07-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Well, updating this morning. My BIG loss was only one lb. for last week, while traveling. I really thought it would be more, but I think I'm holding water because I had a lot of salty stuff yesterday............ Maybe my actual weight will drop again within a day or two! Oh, well, one lb. is not bad for vacation, I guess!

I did just do my walk at six-thirty a.m. in the heat and humidity here in Raleigh. WOW, what a change from the New England weather!

Hope you all will have wonderful days today! :-)

Bonnie

soready
07-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Bonnie, Sounds like you've done very well considering you were travelling. You kept your head on straight and didn't give yourself permission to stray from your program. Good for you.
I started water aerobics this AM and it was good to get back in the pool. I like it very much but when we went to Fla last winter I couldn't find a program with warm water. The pools were all outdoors and not heated or minimally heated and I couldn't stand getting into the water so I thought I would walk instead but I didn't so it's hard to start again, I 'm so rusty but it did feel good to know I'm back on target. Food wise I'm doing OK. Had some Special K and yogurt for breakfast before the pool and when I came back I had a 1/4 of a banana and a cup of coffee with skim milk. Got to figure what I will do for the rest of the day. It is gorgeous out today. Saw a mother deer with 2 little babies still with their bambi spots. So cute. So what if my shrubs are decimated. LOL. Bernice PS Saw a very touching movie. "The Notebook" So nice to see something that appeals to us more mature folk.

deleted
07-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Bernice, congrats on getting your water aerobics started again. I am seriously thinking of joining the Y, so I can do the same or at least go up and swim/paddle in the water and get some exercise that way. It is always hard to get exercise programs going again.

Yes, I have to be happy with my vacation week and just a one lb. loss. That's how you have to do it. If I deprived myself of everything, I would not stick with the program. Thank you for your support!:-)

Are deer just gorgeous creatures, even if they do eat ALMOST everything!??

Moogee
07-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Help! How do I get to the Senior group? I can't figure this out!
Moogee. New to 3 f c.

suzq55
07-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Sounds like you're in the group, Moogie :D
Good for you, vacation girl. I am going next week, hopefully I'll do as well as you did. I weigh in tonight, not feeling the greatest about it though. :dunno:
We'll see.
Has anyone heard from Kris? Seems odd that she disappeared. :?:

Well, everyone, have a great day today. Weather here in Wisconsin leaves a lot to be desired for July 7! :p
suzq

deleted
07-07-2004, 04:23 PM
:?: I hope that Kris did not take, as personal criticism, the little discussion she, Bernice and I had about fireworks safety. (See page 7.) I really think not......... we were all just stating opinions. I'm thinking she's just busy elsewhere for a couple of days, and am looking forward to her next post.

deleted
07-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Susq, how would you like this 94 and humid-as-Haedes temp from Raleigh? :-)

grandma57
07-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Hello ladies and welcome Moogee > maybe Kris is having computer problems
that seams to happen once in awhile sure hope she is ok .Well rain here again to day sure not having good weather this summer . but I got my walking done to day and eating good there is always someting to throw me off it dosnt take much but I am sticking with it .

Moogee
07-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Could I ask any of you ladies if you have a suggestion on how to stop eating when you get home from work? I work 3-11 and when I come home it seems like all I want to do is stuff myself! I am 5ft 3in and weigh WAY too much at 177. I would love to live to be 90 but if I keep this up I sure won't
any suggestions? Moogee

RAR
07-08-2004, 12:39 PM
HI! everyone hope you all are having a great wednesday!!!!!!! just got in from a walk with my dog who I should say pulled me most of the way didnt have time to worryabout my kneeas she pulled me all the wayLOL she may be getting old a boxer but she is mighty!!!!!!!! welcomemoogee I have that problem of eating all night long when I am not working as I work nights did ok last night just ate a few pretzels and thae only reason for that was I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as I went to bed as for all the other ladies HI!! and have a great wednesday Rita

Moogee
07-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Thank you RAR. I am a pretzel addict too. Did 2.2 miles on the treadmill since it is SO HOT here in North Carolina to walk outside. Moved here for the long growing season so I had best get over it. Anybody following weight watchers?
Nights huh. I admire you. I can't stay awake after midnight anymore. And to think I use to stay out all night (in my much younger days) LOL

deleted
07-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey Moogee! Where are you in N.C.? I'm here in North Raleigh, and it is 91 right now. I am getting up at six to six-thiry to walk. That's the only time I can do it. Great that you're using that treadmill!

Rita, that doggie will exercise you, whether your knees are ready or not! :D

Hope you are all having a good Wednesday. I'm getting ready to go way for three days in the mountains, and I celebrated my DH's birthday last night, so I am really having my willpower exercised! :(

But I'm managing. This weekend, my sister will make the iced tea with Splenda, we're going to roast a lot of fresh veggies, and grill the meat so I will hopefully make it without gaining!

Keep up the good work, all you fair ladies! :)

suzq55
07-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Hi ladies, ;)
Well, I just gained what I lost last week. I have got to concentrate on this. I've got to be strong:strong: Today is another day. Moogee, if you want to find out about everyone look at the earlier posts. I am in WW but I'm not sure if anyone else is.
I'm sure I wouldn't want the 94 and humid :flame: But I wouldn't mind 80! I think it's going to be 84 and sunny for Saturday. That means a whole day on the Harley :cp: Wisconsin usually only has about 7 humid days a year.
I leave for vacation next week. Big Italian festival in Ohio with great food! :hun: I'll do my best! Then on to shopping with my mom and sister to Door County and more eating of course. If I journal every day :write: that seems to help, so I'll bring my notebook.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day today. suzq

grandma57
07-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Thank you RAR. I am a pretzel addict too. Did 2.2 miles on the treadmill since it is SO HOT here in North Carolina to walk outside. Moved here for the long growing season so I had best get over it. Anybody following weight watchers?
Nights huh. I admire you. I can't stay awake after midnight anymore. And to think I use to stay out all night (in my much younger days) LOL

Moogee I mark every thing down that I eat so if you are on w w save something for when you get home and that way you can stay on plan I have to do a lot of talking to myself and even slap my hands to keep from eating so try that Jean :D

soready
07-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Welcome Moogee, Actually my advice to you when you come home is go to bed. Then you won't eat unless you are like me and make midnight raids. It's not been bad heatwise in NJ. I've hardly had to put the ac on. Been good with food today. Had oatmeal with coffee for breakfast,a cup of yogurt for lunch. A salad,small portion of homemade onion soup.2 small lamb chops and yellow squash for dinner. Still the darn scale doesn't move altho I don't feel so bloated. I think I'm going to forgo the scale and just see if the clothes fit better or get loose. Otherwise I'm driving myself nuts. Bernice

Moogee
07-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Hello everyone and thank you all for writing with your suggestions. I will review the old posts. Bonniebroad, I am in Greenville. Just started back on WW. I had lost 60 lbs years ago using WW and then GAINED IT ALL BACK (I can blame it on THAT MAN)Anyway. will implement your suggestions. Soready, I wish I had that willpower. I have to walk pass the refrigerator to get to my room. Will keep trying! Thank you all!

deleted
07-09-2004, 08:31 AM
:coffee: Top 'o the mornin' to you, ladies!

Greetings to all of you......... in N.C. and Wisconsin, and all those good places. I just walked for 35 minutes, and came back sopping but pleased. As of today, I have lost 5 - 3/4 lbs. in 17 days, including a week of vacation, so I feel okay about my progress. Now I have the challenge of going to my sister's in the beautiful N.C. mountains for three days. We're going to pick beans and tomatoes, and can them.......... (my brothers have the gardens.)

The big splurge will be going out to their beautiful country club tomorrow night for the buffet, and a gorgeous view of the mountains! :^: Very scary! I plan to be good most of the time, so I'll just go for the leaner things on the buffet (shrimp, cheese, salads), and enjoy!

I hope to swim each day at the pool at her club there, if we have time, so that should help burn some calories.

All you ladies, I'm wishing you good control and co-operative scales! Will check back with you all later; hope your weather is beautiful. It's in the 90's here in Raleigh, and I can't believe I'm actually getting up at six to walk. Maybe it's a new me??? :dizzy:

RAR
07-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Good morin everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bonnie you are energized mighty early today but way to go congrats on the weight loss just keep doing what you are doing just rub some of that on meLOL well I lost 1/2 pound I am just happy that I lost something after all that pigging out I did over last weekend I didnt think I would loose so going to get on my bike and ride ride and ride going to save my legs cause I have to work a 12 hr and it usually kills my legs Bonnie sounds like you are doing some traveling in the past couple of weeks hope you have a great time!!!!!!Bernice dont get discouraged about the weight not budgingyou know how many scales there are at a hospital well I got on at least 4 of them to weigh myself and one said 1/2 pound so I am sticking to that scale onlyLOL well hopefully the rest of the girls will pop inand let us know how they are doing!!!!!!!!mogoo I dont have any will power when it comes for food last night just had to get in my fridge thank goodness for the strawberries that was left over because I was looking for that popcorn that I hid somewhere LOL so maybe someone can come up with some suggestions for us everyone have a great Friday Rita

suzq55
07-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon ladies
Well, after my gain on Wednesday, :shrug: I did pretty good WW wise yesterday and today so far. :cp: I will weigh in on Tuesday this week because I'm leaving on vacation Wednesday. :cb: Good job with the early rising and walking. I get up around 5:30 but use my time eating breakfast, working crossword puzzles, and getting ready for work. So, I save my walking for after work, which is sometimes hard to do.
What ever happened to the other group that we were going to combine?
It's raining right now here in Wisconsin. It was a beautiful morning and then the rains came. I'm still hoping for sunny warm weather tomorrow. :flow2:
I'll check in before I leave work. Hope everyone is having a great day so far. suzq

soready
07-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Suz, Where in Wisconsin are you? My husband worked for a major corporation who was based in Racine. I liked the area very much. Hope you are doing well on your diet. Bernice

grandma57
07-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Hello to every one > Bonniebroad congratutions you are doing great keep it up .
Bernice just take it one day at a time I go the same as you but deep down we know if we are eating good the weight will come off . I keep going I lose 2 lbs then gain it back but I know I will get there some day I have a hard time on the week ends because I think I deserve to have something good then when Mon comes I am mad at my self so I am trying hard to stick to it I hate getting mad at my self .Jean

Moogee
07-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Happy Sat. everybody. Grand57, you are right. If we eat right and drink the water the weight will come off. I understand what you mean by food being a reward. Do you find it hard to reward yourself with something else? I do, but I am working on it! You must be a grandma. I am trying to motivate myself by putting photos of my grandaughter by the refrigerator handles! If all goes well, I will have a 2nd grandchild in Nov. Trying to stay healthy for them is motivating me.
Suzq: Italian! Being from NJ, I could not resist everything they had at the festival!! I Love Italian Food! Use to go to the festivals in NYC when I was a kid.
Bonnie: Would you mind telling me about the mountains in Western NC? I haven't been there yet. Walked this morning 2 miles early AM (as you do) Plan on going again Sunday really enjoyed it.
Well.... gotta go mow the lawn. Everybody, thank you. Posting msgs and reading all of yours is really helpful. Later......... Moogee aka as Linda

grandma57
07-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi every one a very nice day to day it is time we get some sunshine >
Well I dont call it a reward when I have something extra on the week ends I will soon be able to handle it I am getting more control I gave up over eating and doing good with out haveing any chocolate or sweets at all so now it is just to get over this spell I do good Monday to Fri so what is 2 more days LOL I will make it I am still keeping track Like to day I had about 1600 cal but not healthy food ..... one day at a time and I hope to stay healthy .... :coffee:

RAR
07-11-2004, 04:24 PM
HI! everyone hope you all are having a great sunday Linda congrats on your new one soon to be good Idea about the picturs on thev fridgegot 7 pictures on mineLOL any thing that will motivate it do it gradma57 congrats on being good this weekend I am trying 1sweet yesterday today a no no so am improving in that kinda cloudy today hubby bought a wall mart pool and is filling it up going to get in with the grandkids and have some fun cant swimjust going to walk around it for some kind of exercise at least it is something right the rest of you ladies have a great day Rita

deleted
07-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Well, good morning, ladies! :coffee:

I am back from three days in the mountains... sort of slid off the rails a bit. I meant to be stricter but we were eating fresh Silver Queen corn, making tomato sandwiches - you have to be a Southerner to understand those :) - why you just have to have them in season! Fried squash, fried corn, green beans cooked Southern-style with salt pork and corn, cornbread and on and on, and I did drink wine a couple of times. I was really pretty good, though, considering the temptations. I didn't gain ANY so I'll take that. I KNEW I wouldn't lose any up there.

Jean, Rita, Suzq, Linda, Bernice, and anyone I'm missing, (I'm sorry)........... have a wonderful day. Rita, enjoy that pool! We used to have one, and I loved it. I missed Sat & Sun walking, but was back out "dripping" this morning.

Good luck to you all this week. My official weigh-in is tomorrow - I have been at this 21 days now. :dizzy:

RAR
07-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Good morning ladies hope you are having a great monday Bonnie still havent gotten in that swimming pool yet as it is still filling up the drain is very slooooowLOL it is only 12 by 3 feetnow today it really looks cloudy and going to rain any time in fact it must of rained thru the night when I got outside to fill the pool again sounds like you are starting your week out right by that morning and that food sounds like heaven that you had love those tomato sandwiches and corn in fact I planted a small garden of tomatoes and corn just waitin for the pickenLOL as for all you other ladies Susz,helen, bernice linda ,kris may you have a great day Rita,

deleted
07-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Ladies, Kriseliz must not have been happy with the discussion on fireworks because she is posting regularly into her journal under the name "bookwoman" now, but has not reappeared here. I don't think Bernice or I said anything offensive but I wish you all would read those back entries, and give an opinion. If I am the one who offended Kris in any way, I would be happy to drop off this thread since she was one of the original ladies on it. Possibly, she just got tired of posting in two areas...........

Anyway, sometimes comments in cyberspace come across not as planned or whatever. So sorry for the disruption if this is true........ Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I certainly respect that and feel it was "just a discussion." Oh, well, we miss you, Kris, if you read this, and hope you'll be back.

Moogee
07-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Hello everybody! I am slowly getting everybodys names straight. Bonnie, Rita etc etc! I am not sure of everyones given (not e-mail) names. I need to get to work but did want to share the good news of 3 lb weight loss. But best of all just feeling better. Will walk again tommorrow before it turns into a sauna out there. A pool sounds like a lovely idea!
Hey, does anybody want to start or help each other to motivate walking by increasing miles? (or something like that) I would love to go walking out in the NC mountains but need to get in better shape.
More Later.........to work I go........
Linda

deleted
07-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Linda :dancer: BIG congratulations, girl! That is terrific. I started out walking about a mile or so three weeks ago. I am now up to probably 1 - 3/4 miles. I am so overweight and out-of-shape that I have to just do the best I can ... not in good enough shape to challenge anybody, I'm afraid. I get dangerous Migraines if I get overheated by exercise. Maybe some of these other ladies could give you a run for your money. Keep up the good work.:balloons:

Tomorrow is my official weigh-in; don't know if I will have lost any since I splurged this weekend! :( I'll hope........... :^:

soready
07-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Way to go Linda. Three lbs! That's a super achievement and a great motivator.
Bonnie, I went back to review our discussion and I didn't see anything there that could be taken as an attack but just as a personal opinion. If Kriz took offense, I am sorry but I think we are all different and come from different parts of the country where somethings like fireworks may be part of the norm or not and I for one like diversity and value other opinions. I still believe fireworks are dangerous and should be left to the experts but that is my belief. I am not trying to convince anyone to think otherwise. Can you imagine what would happen on this board if we started talking politics? LOL FIREWORKS! LOL Just kidding!
Went to the pool for aerobics this AM. Only two of us and the instructor. Came home and ate a yogurt,banana and coffee.
Have my daughters 2 boxers along with my four pups and they are driving me nuts. I am not used to big dogs anymore and they take up alot of airspace. They follow me everywhere. Can't even go to the bathroom by myself. Because it's raining I decided to bathe and groom 3 of mine. I do a so so job but save 40 bucks a dog. They are predicting thunderstorms and generally crappy weather for the next few days. I can get caught up on my laundry.
Maybe the next person on should start a new thread as this one is almost done. Bernice

suzq55
07-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Well, in answer to one question, I'm in Watertown, WI. It is right in between Madison and Milwaukee. We are the home of America's first kindergarten (just in case that comes up in discussion) Did get to go on the Harley Saturday. It was a beautiful day and we left at 10:30 am and got home at 8:00 pm! :dance: Yesterday we planted more bushes, etc around the pond we put in early summer. Today and tomorrow work and then vacation! :dancer:
Hope to do somewhat well eating while I'm on vacation. We'll see. I'm planning on having fun. ;)
You ladies all have a great day. I'll be checking the board later today and tomorrow. suzq

RAR
07-12-2004, 06:51 PM
HI1 Everyone I see we had some posts since this morning glad for Linda 3 lbs way to go just keep it up!!!!!!!!!!well Bonnie looked back at your post concerning the fire works I feel you was just stating how you feel we are all adults here I feel we should respect each other opinion on things whether we agree with it or notlife is too short to get upset over trival things that is how I feel maybe some day Kris will come back and join usas for you Bonnie dont worry about it Bernice yes having 2 boxers besides your little ones is difficult as I always had two boxers then when I decided on a lap dog pek I was kept busy but wouldnt change it as they all have brought me a lot of enjoyment just glad that you are talanted in doing your own grooming as it can be expensive with 4 that needs it well ladies all of you have a great evening as for walking I am still trying to get 4 blocks in LOL Rita

deleted
07-13-2004, 08:47 AM
:crazy: I must be crazy to be out in this heat and humidity, Linda! Were you out in Greeneville this morning???? My 35-minute, 2-mile walk just took 40 minutes, after the rain last night!!! So humid........ I come in the front door, strip off everything and dry with a big towel, then let the air cool me.

Good morning, ALL YOU LADIES! :) How are you all? I decided not to weigh this morning because, at 4:30 a.m., I had to get up and drink Diet Coke for the carbonation, and knew my number would not be exact when I weighed so I will do it tomorrow.

Suzq, I would love your Wisconsin weather. Was not meant to live in this heat and humidity in Raleigh. Was born in the wrong state! Where will you vacation? my neighbor and her hubby are Harley people; in fact, she just got a tattoo right below her waistline in back, right above...........you know! :o :D I hope you will have a great vacation, and don't try to cut back so much that you don't enjoy your meals. If you don't lose, or, heaven forbid, gain a lb., it's not the end of the world. We just do the best we can, don't we? Don't get that many vacations in this country!

Bernice, sounds like you are in the midst of real "dog days." What a pleasure (and so much work.) Doggies are the best. Don't work too hard....... and enjoy all those kisses!

Rita, so you like the tomato sandwiches, too! :) I worked two of them into my calories yesterday (lo-fat mayo), plus an ear of corn. Nothing like these summer veggies! Did you manage your four blocks yet? I was really pushing myself in the humidity this morning; I really wanted to lay down by the side of the road after awhile, like an old hound dog! :lol:

Jean, I hope you are having a good week. You're right... for all of us, it's one day at a time, and we will make it.

Thanks, all, for your words on the fireworks thing. I am now going to officially drop it. Life's too short, as some of you said.

Have a good day............. pulling for all of you! :grouphug:

deleted
07-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Dawn (Loser43), where are you? We miss you! Just realized we haven't seen you for a few days, since maybe July 4th. Hope things are going well for you, and that we'll see you pop back in! :-)

soready
07-13-2004, 12:12 PM
It's raining cats and dogs and there are frequent messages scrolled across the the bottom of the TV warning of flooding. Like you can do something about it.
I guess the reference to Harley means the motorcycles? My son is leaving on the 3oth to attend the Harley convention in Sturgis,SD. He's shipping the bike out and riding back with 5 other guys. He is so excited about this trip. I can't wait for it to be over and he is home safe and sound. I am happy for him cause he is really looking forward to this. His girl friend is being tested for MS and we are praying her symptoms are from something else. We are really scared for her. My girlfriend's husband suffered for 27 years with it and they had a hellish existence.
Anyone have any interesting lo cal recipes they'd like to share. I am getting tired of the same old thing. Seems like week to week I make the same stuff. I'm getting bored.
Have a good day Ladies,catch ya all later. (How's my southern drawl Bonnie? LOL)
Bernice

Moogee
07-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Good Morning everybody!! Lots of dog people! bernice I have 3 dogs. A german shepherd, lhasa apso and a chihuahua. ( I think I truly messed up the spelling on all of these) Bonnie, yes! i was out walking this morning. 2 miles and then mowed the lawn and will be heading to work. (ugh) but all of the excercise helpswith lifes stressors right?
It is so good to read that we come from similar places. Bernice, I will be thinking of you and all the concerns you have. MS is a terrible disease. I will pray that the tests are negative. I am afraid that I am not very domestic and can't offer any advice on recipes ,I wish I could have every meal delivered. I am going through some family "issues" as they say here in the South. Just wanted all of you to know that chking in and reading everyones entries actually is helpful! and I appreciate it. Cause, I sure have the urge to go out and buy a 5 lb bag of potatoes and eat every one of them! (must be a cultural thing!) Well......... will chk in tommorrow. Why do we need to start new "thread" ??? Everybody have an excellent day!!

deleted
07-13-2004, 03:16 PM
YES, I don't understand the thing about starting a new thread? Guess these threads are limited to X-number of replies before they're archived or something?

suzq55
07-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Who said we have to post a new thread? I would think we could continue with this one.
Well, weigh in is tonight one day early for me since I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow. I think I did ok. Hopefully I'll have a loss and then when I get back from the feeding frenzy :eating2: in Ohio and Door County, I won't have that much of a gain. I can live with a pound!
You wouldn't have appreciated our weather today. About 88 and humid. Tomorrow a cool front is moving in though. Yes, I meant Harley. My husband is going to Sturgis for the first (and probably last time) too. He is riding out though with a buddy and possibly some other guys. He is looking forward to it too. I just couldn't ride that long so, I'm not going on this trip. :p
Here I am again, the day of (or usually before) weigh in and I get the munchies. What is with that? Must be psychological :crazy: ! Well, I'll catch ya'll later. See I can be southern too :D
suzq

RAR
07-13-2004, 05:36 PM
HI! everyone hope you all are having a great day Suzq good luck with your weigh in like you cant ride on the bike like I use to have a hard time getting on and when it is time to get off I am so stiff that I cant move so usually have to have hubby help me offLOL hope the rest of the ladies are having a great day!!!!!!!!!!! Rita

deleted
07-14-2004, 09:06 AM
:coffee:Good morning, ladies! No change in my weight yet... :( Probably all the salt I'm pouring on these fresh veggies! But I was out walking a little after six today, walked 40 minutes. I can't believe I'm staying with this exercise program; it's new for me!

Rita, are you in that pool yet? Sounds good to me, although here in Central N.C., it would feel like warm soup these days! :D But it's good to play in water because it gives you that little resistance, and burns some calories. I really need to join the "Y" up the road.

I hope all you ladies will have a good day. I'm off to do errands, Costco, all that good stuff. Our heat index is supposed to be something awful, way over a hundred today so want to get out early and back in the A.C.

Cheers! :dizzy:

suzq55
07-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi ladies.
Off to vacation in an hour. Yeah! Well, I lost 1.4 last night :dancer: :goodscale Now, if I can somewhat control myself and yet have fun on vacation, I'll be a happy girl! :D
Have a little work to do before I go. So, I'll catch you all on the 26th. :wave: suzq

Moogee
07-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Good afternoon ladies! Oh how I would love a pool. I must agree with you Bonnie a pool here would be all algae in a few days. I was wondering why nobody has them here (compared to No. Va) I didn't walk this morning. Have set my alarm for tommorrow. Don't be discouraged about what the scale says!! Your efforts will pay off!! suzq. I am so jealous! A real vacation! I hope you have a wonderful relaxing time. I have always loved the look and sound of a Harley. Hmmmm........ain't dead yet!
Stay Focused everyone!! We can do it!! (I will eat my words tommorrow at 0600)
To work I go! Linda

deleted
07-15-2004, 08:55 AM
:cheer: Okay, half-a-pound off! I'll take it, with all the veggies I've eaten, loaded with salt. I am hoping for more by tomorrow......... :^:

Good luck to all of you who are weighing in the end of this week! It's difficult to stay on the wagon with all our vacations and fresh vegetables (that can be fried and sauced :o) ), and summer foods like ice cream and potato salad all around us! But we will keep on trying...........

Go girls!!! :dizzy:

deleted
07-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Girls, it's just me......... Bonnie, with my username changed. Someone on another forum, where I'd also used my previous username, had googled the username and read my messages here. So I wanted to prevent that in the future, not that I have anything to hide but just irritated me. Okey-dokey? :dizzy:

RAR
07-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Good morning girls congrats on all the weight loss regardless of what it is got on the scales wednesday night and I lost 3 lbs down to 150.5 just need to get under that 150 mark and stay there Linda have fun on your vacation make sure you tell us how it was would you believe the pool has been filled for a couple of days and I still have not got in it!!!!!!!!!!!it was raining or when I could I had to go lay down because of work well maybe Friday that is my day off Bonnie cant believe that someone could do that I guess it takes all kinds of people right!!!!!!well have a great thursday going to walk a couple of blocks as I have to work 12 hrs so got to save my legs for that Rita

deleted
07-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Rita............. for you!:balloon:

So proud of your weight loss! Keep up the great work, lady! :)

RAR
07-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks Bonnie I needed that today hasbeen a bad day for me just received some sadnews my niece who is 35 was told she has liver cancer lost my daughter 11 years ago to cancer and I feel that I am going thru it all again so got to keep myself busy thank goodness that I am working 12 hrs today!!!!!!!!!!!!! rITA

deleted
07-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Rita, I am so sorry to hear that about your niece. With the liver cancer, the prognosis can be bad, I know. I do hope that is not true for your niece. And my heart so goes out to you, with the loss of your daughter. I lost my older sister to ovarian cancer about six years ago - she had just turned 61, and I can't even imagine what you've faced. I know this must be like re-living a nightmare for you. I am sending you a hug, and many prayers for your niece. God bless.......

Moogee
07-16-2004, 12:56 AM
Hello Everyone: Rita I am so sorry that you and your family are facing such an ordeal. Not much anyone can say that eases these tough burdens is there? Hopefully though you and yours will know that lots of prayers and heartfelt concern going out to you. No matter what you need to continue to focus on your health! It is wonderful that you lost that weight! Bonnie, I do have to ask, where did you get tobaccy girl from? Rita, I forgot to ask, are you in the medical field? I ask because you work 12 hr shifts. Linda

deleted
07-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Moogee, because I grew up right in the middle of the fields! :dizzy: Just seemed appropriate....

It is a beautiful day here. When I walked a little after six, it was 60 or less, and you actually felt a little chill in the air... BLISS! So my 40 minutes were very comfortable this morning.

Hope you ladies are all in good spirits, and ready to tackle the weekend. This is just a "lazy/get things done" one for me!

Weight-wise, wanted to ask you ladies, when you count your calories, do you count the "free" and "practically-free" veggies you eat, like eggplant, green beans, squash, etc. (I know you have to count the fat you cook it in, if you use fat) in your total cals for the day. I don't usually, but I think with all that I'm eating, fresh veggie-wise, they are adding up. My weight is just holding at about seven lbs. off after 3-1/2 weeks . I did count 100 for the Ratatouille and 200 for the green beans with onions and cukes that I ate yesterday. But also, veggies seem to make you hold water, as I pour the salt on, and I think I have a bunch of water waiting to drop off, like if I suddenly switched to Atkins, I'd lose 5 lbs. the first day! :lol:

Have a wonderful day, girls! Hope everybody checks in today, except our vacationers. To you all.... :balloons:

RAR
07-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Good afternoon thank you gals for all your support concerning my niece also sorry for your losseswith cancer also!!!!!!!!havent heard any more so keeping my fingers crossed for her I work at a hospital as a nurse aide either feast or famine not enough pts so we get sent home with no pay but been there 12 years has good benefits work as a aidethat ism lways working it seems as had to pick up other jobs to suppliment !!!!!!got on thescales last night andgained 2 pounds so I should never of bragged too soon in the week so going to watch what I eat today just too tired for any exercisefrom the 12 hrs I worked last night so after I go clean going to be lazyLOL maybe finally get in the pool this evening as the sun is still outso Bonnie and Linda hope you two have a great weekend and enjoy yourselves Rita

soready
07-17-2004, 12:58 AM
Rita, Sorry about your niece. So young-not a good prognosis.
We've been experiencing a stressful situation here as my husband's aunt who is 81 and living alone in Fla and has pancreatic cancer and alzheimers is going down hill. I have round the clock aides with her and it's next to impossible to know what's going on when you are so far away. Because we are responsible for her we are now looking for nursing homes and we must have seen 8 in the last 3 days. I am so conflicted as to make this change in her life and we have been going back and forth with trying to make a decision that's in her best interest that she will accept. We are flying down to Fla with another cousin to try and convince her it's time to come north where all the family is. We can visit frequently as the place we picked is close by and really a beautiful facility. Some of the places we visited were so depressing. If she agrees, her aide will accompany her up.
I have been good with the eating or lack of and I swear I see no difference. That darn scale doesn't budge any which way. Maybe I should invest in a new one.
The grand dogs went home,thank goodness-now I can't wait for the house to be cleaned as their hair is everywhere.
You all mention how hot is is and I swear I am so preoccupied with my husband's aunt I couldn't tell you what the weather has been.
Wish you all a good week-end. Bye the way,had a little trouble figuring out the new reconfiqured website. I'm not good with change. I'll get used to it tho. Bernice

deleted
07-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Morning, ladies! :coffee:

Bernice, I feel for you with your aunt as we went through the same thing with my Mom a few years ago. She is 90 now, and well-taken care of, but it broke her heart to have to leave her apartment. There's no way to make it easy... just take it one day at a time, and you will get through. You are lucky that your aunt can afford the aides 24/7. I'm sure that is a major help. Good luck with your aunt and your decision. She is lucky to have you to care! :)

Enjoyed my walk this morning, as the humidity and temps are still lower than usual for us this time of year. Can't believe I've walked 26 days in a row (well, did miss three overall when traveling), but this is REAL GOOD for "moi!" :smug:

Still at about seven pounds off, must really buckle down and see a drop by Tuesday (official weigh day!)

Rita, hope you are in that pool by now, and Linda, keep up that walking! So proud of you. I don't think the girls from the other thread ever moved over to this one........ Dressage Girl was very nice, and I had looked forward to having her here. Oh, well, maybe she will check in again, and Dawn......... Suzq is vacationing.

Have a great day, ladies! :dizzy:

RAR
07-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Good afternoon ladies hope you all are having a great saturday the weather is cool and rainy today so thought iI would go and walk with hubby inside the mall Bernice sorry to hear that you have not had a good week with all that going on for that is all you think aboutso hope things work out for you and your aunt will come up north to be closer to family Bonnie that is great all the walking that you have been doing just keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!well girls enjoy your day!!!!!!!!!! Rita

Moogee
07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Hello everyone: Will write more tommorrow. Just getting off of a 16 hr shift. (worked extra so as I can save time up to vs my granddaughter. Had been doing well with walking and eating until I ate a lovely slice of lemon meringue (sp?) pie. It was SO good. Will write more tommorrow YAWN! So impressed with all of you!! it is so hard to focus on taking care of self when family is ill. Linda

deleted
07-18-2004, 09:49 AM
:cheer: :stars: :yes:

OKAY!!! EIGHT POUNDS OFF AS OF TODAY!!!!!:cheers: Will mark the occasion by joining the "Y" this week so I can swim and work out on the machines.

I am happy, and, BAD ME, am going to splurge with Fried Green Tomatoes and bacon, which I have not yet enjoyed this year, but will celebrate by having today.

So good to hear from you, Linda. You must be exhausted after sixteen hours. Don't sweat the pie........ you gotta do it now and then. :D

Hope everyone will have a good Sunday.

soready
07-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Bonnie, Whoo Hoo! Way to go girl. Really proud of you. Keep it up and you will be at goal before you know it. Never had fried green tomatoes and bacon. Only heard of it from the movie. Anything fried sounds good to me. Enjoy! Bernice

RAR
07-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Good afternoon Linda,Bonnie ,Bernice hope everyone is enjoying their sunday just woke up to another gloomy day in Ohio well Bonnie you have my mouth watering for tose green tomatoes fried waiting for my tomatoes to get a little bigger so I can eat them congrats on the weight loss just keep it up !!!!!!!!Linda make sure you get some rest after allthat work and here I am wining when I have to work 12 hrs Bernice hope you are having a great sunday did walk the mall yesterday even turned down a cinna bun down proud of myself well going to ride my bike so have a great day!!!!!!Rita

Moogee
07-19-2004, 01:04 AM
Bonnie, THAT IS SUPER! Give yourself a pat on the back. It is so nice to see all the support we all give each other here. Despite all the challenges life gives us. Well..... I think we are MARVAAALAS! Ok, just got off of work and I will be weighing in tommorrow. (I am nervous about this!) but I will be walking before starting to work in the garden. Hmmmm should I weigh before or after coffee. (I do sound pathetic.. JUST DO IT!) A BLT just sounds super. Oh well.....wish me luck guys.........Linda

Moogee
07-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Good moring ladies: Here is an addendum to the above msg. I am minus ONE pound. I guess I expected more (sad face inserted here if i knew how to do that!) But I will not get discouraged. I will get up off my duff and go walking!! Have a good day everybody! Linda

deleted
07-19-2004, 09:02 AM
:grouphug: Hi there Rita, Bernice, Linda ...and any other of our ladies who drop by this morning. Hope we all made it through the weekend without blowing it too much. Yesterday was a splurge day for me... the fried green tomatoes, a couple of glasses of wine, celebrating the eight lbs off. Tomorrow is official weigh day so I MUST stay on the wagon today!

I did my 40 min. walk this morning, a little tiring since I didn't sleep well last night. This morning, we are going to to "Y" for a tour and some free passes, then will probably join after that.

I'm going to grill salmon for dinner tonight, and roast baby squash and fingerling potatoes.... so I will look forward to that all day!

Linda & Rita, I can't believe some of the hours you work....... you must get beyond exhausted. I salute you! :dizzy: Bernice, when will you fly to Floriday to visit your aunt? I hope things are going well in that department.

Ladies, have a wonderful day. I will try to keep my head above water at the "Y." :p

deleted
07-19-2004, 09:05 AM
:flow2: :dancer: :high: :dance: :yes: :cheer: :cheers:

LINDA, THAT IS GREAT!!! Think if you lost one pound a week, that would be 52 lbs. in a year. I am so proud of you!:cheers:

deleted
07-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Linda, if you want to use the little "smilie" faces, cllick on "reply" on the lower left of the last post (NOT Quick Reply); then a new posting area will come up (you don't need to put a title). You will see the "smilies" in the box to the right; if you click on "more" at the bottom of that box, you'll get tons more. Just click on the one you want in your message. You can click on them at any time while you're writing your message. Click your "smilie", then close that box - if you go into "more", will take you back to your message. Just play with it........... you'll get it! :)

RAR
07-19-2004, 11:01 AM
:) Good Morning Bonnie,Linda,Bernice and who ever comes by hope you are having a great monday just got in from a 4 block walk!!!!!!!which is getting longer for meBernice well I guess it is my turn this week to babysit I am watching my daughter mini dashound so with 4 dogs I am sure I will be getting my exercise in!!!!!!!!! Bonnie the food you are eating sounds so good!!!!!!!!!!!!! Linda congrats on the weight loss regardless how much it is going down:) so keep it up whatever you are doing Bonnie I have always worked a lot of hourswith more then one job for 12 years now and you think I would be skinney!!!!it just if I dont get enough hours at the hospital I can rely on my other 2 but the day I hit 62 I tell everyone I am going to get lazier!!!!!well drank my coffee so better get started well Ohio is another dreary day only been in the pool once so far so have a great Monday Rita:tread:

RAR
07-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Bonnie thank you for the info on the smileys even as dumb as I am on the computer I did it:) so come on Linda give it a try!!!!Rita

Moogee
07-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Ok, lets see if this will work. :smug: Just practicing. Thank you everybody for your kind words of support. The "Y" sounds like a great idea! Spent hours in the backyard picking tomatoes. :cool: But it was so hot :devil: and the neighbors look at me like I am a nut with the push lawnmower :lol: Ok, lets see if this works.........Thank you Bonnie Rita everybody :wave: :hat: Linda

RAR
07-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey Linda well you did it :cheer: way to go sounds like you have a lot of energy today and pushing that mower is good exercise!!!!!!!!!isnt this fun with all the different characters Rita:)

deleted
07-19-2004, 09:02 PM
:dizzy: Hey girlfriends.... glad you are enjoying the "smilies." They add to the conversation! :p

We checked out the Y, and I believe we will probably go for it, and I will join the beginner's water aerobics, and I think, combined with my walking everyday, that should limber me up. That is some good exercise, pushing that mower, Linda! That will burn calories! Rita, glad that you have gotten in the pool at least once........ I've heard it's really good to walk back and forth in water, that you use about three times as many calories.

Tried something new today... Klondike's Slim-as-a-Bear ice-cream sandwich, 120 cals. Really delicious .... if you like ice cream sandwiches. :)

Well, tomorrow is weigh day, and I've probably had too much salt. :( Please wish me luck, girls. Have a good evening, all!

RAR
07-20-2004, 10:28 AM
HI! Everyone:) hope you are having a great Wednesday and yes Bonnie I know I am enjoying them smiles and I am sure Linda will to since she knows how to do them also thanks to youglad that you enjoyed the Y and getting into water aeobrics as I have heard so much about have many friends in it and always inviting me once I get over the fear of water I just might do thatwant to get in my own pool more often then I have beenwell right now it is :sunny: but I have to go to work :( and cant put it off because I have more buildings to clean later on hope that tomorrow will be a big suprise for you when you weigh in Bonniewell got to go just finished my :coffee2:so everybody have a great day Rita:dance:

deleted
07-20-2004, 02:57 PM
:(Sorry to report no drop in weight today but it is not surprising since I had SO MUCH SALT yesterday (swollen ankles this morning), and I had those pre-weigh munchies yesterday, and ate a couple hundred more calories than I should have. Oh, well, I'm sure it will drop in a day or so because I have been basically good.

I may be eating too many "free" veggies. Well, tomatoes and onions aren't free, are they? I have been eating a lot of them, and squash last night. But I'm still eating so much less than before, I know it has to be working!

Hope you girls aren't working too hard, Linda & Rita. Bernice must have gone to Florida to visit her aunt, and Susq is on her vacation. Summer is busy, busy, busy!

Hope you are all having good days! :dizzy:

Moogee
07-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Hello everybody: Just a quick note. Bonnie, I understand about the salt. I just love salt. You are right, it sure will help you retain the lbs. Plus, I found that when I don't drink enough water it really makes a difference. (sometimes 2-3 lbs!) Well... my co-workers booted me out of work and told me to go home. (summer yucky cold) I am tired but just wanted to say hello. Bonnie, don't be discouraged ok? Bernice and Rita thank you both and all of you for your words of encouragement. It really helps!
Linda

soready
07-20-2004, 10:47 PM
No Bonnie, not on vacation altho we will go at the end of July to see if we can talk the aunt into a gorgeous retirement community near us and other family. The kennel called and they have room for my girls so now I have to take one of them to get v
vaccines up to date.
Took my grandson to the beach today and he had such a good time. It's so much better being a grandma than a mom where you have everything to do all the time. I get to enjoy the best part now and then he goes home.
Tomorrow water aerobics, missed Monday and last Friday. Got to start walking but haven't been sleeping well so just not in the mood. Tomorrow is a new day and I will motivate myself. Bernice

deleted
07-21-2004, 10:10 AM
:coffee: Good morning, ladies! I'm going to be really good today, less veggies and salt, and hope I drop some more weight by the weekend! I know I'm doing okay, but I really want that scale to DROP! :mad: But don't worry, I won't give up......... just one of those weeks! :dizzy:

Bernice, how do you like water aerobics? Are you in a beginner's or a more advanced class? If I join the Y, I will go into the beginner's as I'm so out of shape. Linda, hope that cold is better. Such a cruddy time of year to get one! Rita, hope you've managed to get in your pool again. That sounds refreshing, to have a pool to get into.

Have a great day, girls! I'm pulling for you all! :)

Moogee
07-21-2004, 11:49 AM
:p Good morning everyone: ;)
I just love these little faces. Home sick again today. Ugh, just trying to get use to the airconditioning and the humidity of North Carolina. Yes! being a grandmother is the very best of all worlds. I can't wait to go out and see my family in Washington state in Sept. Between reaching age 50 (will be 53 in Nov) and looking seriously at weight related health issues. Well.... I guess that helps motivate me. What motivates all of you to want to loose weight? Not all of us are blessed with grandchildren so... what keeps us trying? Love to hear back ;) Linda

dressagequeen
07-21-2004, 12:11 PM
OK. I finally found my way here. I've been busy at work and on the weekends, so haven't had much computer time. :( But, now have a breather and am still attempting to keep myself on track.

My biggest problem is that menopause has hit me with a vengeance! :eek: I'm struggling just to stay at my current weight. I've been journaling, drinking water, eating veggies, and nothing happens. I did read that when estrogen starts to leave the body, the body compensates for it by trying to put estrogen BACK in your body. And to do that, it has to put FAT back on to get estrogen in your body. It's like a catch 22. Your body naturally is losing the estrogen, but on the other hand, it's trying to keep it in!

Does this sound confusing? Well, I'm confused, too. Usually when I adhere to the WW program, I can lose 2-3 pounds a week. I'm lucky if I can stay the status quo. So, I'm doing all that I can do, but no weight is coming off. I've gained 15 pounds during this menopause catastrophe. The main place I've gained the weight is around my waist. My jeans are tight in the waist, but fit me everywhere else. My hips and thighs are very toned because of the weight training I do every day. And I have a riding lesson every Saturday. Talk about inside thigh muscles!

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm still keeping a journal hoping against hope that something will happen. :rollpin:

Later.
Liz

deleted
07-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Welcome, Liz!:balloons: So happy that you finally made it over to join us. The more the merrier. And as to the menopause thing..... I hear that all women will start to gain weight in the tummy area at that time. I know it happened to me - I'd always had a small waist/stomach in relation to the rest of my body, but I definitely got a real stomach for the first time in my early fifties. I wish we had a magic pill to stop that!

Linda, I have one lovely granddaughter who is coming to visit the first of August, and she will spend a couple of weeks with us! Lucky us!

Have to go relax from spending all my money at Marshall's and Barnes & Noble! :D

Again, big welcome, Liz! :)

deleted
07-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Linda, I forgot to answer your question about motivation. Well, with my very small bone structure (truly!), though I am 5' 10" tall, I am about 75 lbs. overweight. I don't feel like, when I look in the mirror, that I'm looking at the real me. I think when you get more than 50 lbs. overweight, you just don't look like yourself, not the person I see in my mind! :?: Does that make sense? So I want to look like myself again.

Number two, I want to be able to walk around comfortably whenever my DH and I finally get our chance to go to Europe and the Greek Isles and back to Hawaii, etc. We have a dog, almost 15, who is like a baby to us :) , and we do not leave him with anyone. But in the not too distant future, we will be free to travel more and I'd like to actually enjoy it. I've heard that you may as well not go to Europe if you're out of shape because you need to walk so much (to really experience it.)

In total, I guess I'd just like to see and feel like my best self before I get too much older! :^:

RAR
07-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Good morning ladies:) Hope your Thursday is going well for you didnt work last night so have some motivation this morning after I finish my :coffee: hope to get movin yes Bernice you do enjoy the grandkids but when all 7 are here it really gets hetic!!!!!!!!welcome Liz:dance: hope you keep comming back and like you that is where my weight isit would of been nice if it shifted to the chestinstead:lol:Did get in my pool last evening but with my grandkids splashing me didnt stay in too long then took a walk in the park with hubby then finished the evening with a ice cream cone which I didnt need but it sure was good!!!!!! well ladies got to go so all of you have a great day!!!!!!!!!!! Rita:wave:

dressagequeen
07-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the welcome. :wave:

I need support just to keep myself on track. On the plus side, my 21 DD has lost 12 pounds this summer. Being home from college has really improved her eating habits. She's looking to lose another 5-10 pounds before she goes back to school at the end of August. She may be pushing the 10, but I think she can get the 5.

I'm looking forward to the weekend because that means I can go riding. I just started riding after DD went off to college. She's been riding since she was 6, so she has many years on me. I'm going to ride her horse (actually he belongs to me and DH) on Saturday because we are both going to a dressage show on August 14 and we will both ride Monty (show name: The Full Monty).

Will check in later. So far, so good with the journaling today. Of course, I've only had a cup of tea and an Egg Beater w/2% fat cheese sandwich! :lol3:

Liz

P.S. I love these smilely faces, too! Certainly brightens up things.

deleted
07-23-2004, 09:53 AM
:cheer: and :grouphug: to all of you today, Bernice, Linda, Rita, Liz, Jean........... and any ladies who are dropping back in to chat with us. We must get revved up to eat healthy over the weekend, right? The hardest time........ My weight is STILL holding at 8 lbs. off, but that's okay because I know I'm living and eating so much healthier! :smug: So the scale will HAVE to drop eventually, right! :)

Rita, glad to hear you're getting in the pool. And Linda, I know it must be hard to get used to the heat & humidity here in N.C., coming from the Pacific Northwest. I am very anxious to visit there, one of these days! Liz, have you tried counting calories rather than WW points? I've found that the easiest way for me to know exactly how much I'm eating. (And it's not a pretty picture sometimes! :D) Bernice, I hope you're doing okay......... and hope that everyone is going to have a great weekend!

Cheers, everybody! Have a good day! :balloons:

deleted
07-23-2004, 02:34 PM
:mad:I just ate another whole cup of homemade fresh salsa loaded with salt. THAT is why my weight isn't dropping - I am holding so much fluid! Help.................... :dizzy: :crazy: I am such a salt addict, REALLY!

deleted
07-23-2004, 02:56 PM
:?: Can we review, among those of us posting at the moment, highest weight, current weight, and goal weight? And when we started our diet? If you don't want to, don't participate! :) ) I'll go first:

Tobaccygirl
HW: 234
CW: 226
GW: 150

Started 6/22/04

deleted
07-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Oh, forgot to say, I am 5' 10" and small-boned!

dressagequeen
07-23-2004, 04:43 PM
STOP RIGHT NOW! ;) PUT THE SALSA DOWN, AND MOVE AWAY. :nono:

I am 5'7" and weigh 150. So long as I can maintain I'll be happy. But, the weight work and ab work are toning my muscles and things are getting looser on me (except for the waist :lol: )

Onward to the weekend and, hopefully, an On Program weekend. I tend to forget to keep track of what I'm eating. Maybe that's why my waist is filling out!!!! :o

Have a good weekend, all.

Liz

soready
07-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Bonnie, Why don't you make your own salsa then you can control the amount of salt you consume. It's really not difficult to make. Tomatoes,onions and cilantro and maybe some chiles if you like it hot.
My highest weight was 226 and I went down to 143 but am up to 195 but would like to be at 135 as I'm 5 ft 1 1/2 inches and medium boned.
I'm starting to slip after seeing such great deals on Hagen Daz ice cream. 1.99 a pint. Yum Yum-Bad -Bad Went to water aerobics and I can't move. The instructor really puts us thru the paces. Love it tho.
It's been raining like crazy. Torrential downpours with flooding in many areas.
This has been some weird summer.

deleted
07-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey there Bernice, I DO make my own salsa, and I put all that salt in because I love the taste. I use tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice....... and it is wonderful!!! I can't seem to get enough......... and so I get too much salt. I've always been this way about salt. It's a wonder my BP isn't affected by it. I've been pretty good overall, so I'm hoping I will drop a pound or so this weekend.

Bernice, I can't have that ice cream in the house because I won't leave it alone. OR I have to get a flavor that I don't like, like coffee or choc-chip mint! Actually, it's the salty, crunchy foods that call to me though... like those chips and salsa! :(

Have a good evening! ;)

grandma57
07-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Hi to all I am back not doing to good but I am staying the same just need to get a kick start again I am still walking and eating healthy i am geting smaller but not on the scales I will have to try a little harder Hey I see a lot of new names I will have to bread back a few pages Hi to soready par suzq55 and kriseliz and and all the new ladies

grandma57
07-24-2004, 12:08 AM
:?: :?: :lol: :lol: Hi to Bonnie broad I see now you changed your name :?: Jean

deleted
07-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Yes, Jean... one is the real me, one is an evil twin! :joker: Glad to see you back. Suzq is on vacation til the 26th. Kris & Dawn haven't been here for ages............ :(

soready
07-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Today I have started again in earnest. Last night was a disaster. The freezer kept calling me to eat the ice cream and the funny thing is I'm not an ice cream lover. I like large portions of food.Salty things are not my bag either, I don't use much even in cooking and that goes back to the days when my Dad wasn't allowed salt so growing up never developed a taste for it. I've been known to send food back in a restuarant because the food was so salty. I think I am buying a food scale and going to start to measure my food. I have big eyes and don't know what a real portion should be. My daughter joined sparkspeople.com on the internet and so far is doing well. I don't think I need to pay for diet help as by this age enough people have made money off my fat and I know what I have to do. Wish me luck. Thhe real test comes tonight as we are going out for dinner with friends. Bernice

deleted
07-24-2004, 02:18 PM
:yes: :cheer: Come on, Bernice! Let's think how you can get through that dinner intact tonight! (If I did it on my New England trip, for a week, eating out EVERY night, you can! Because I am the worst at being good when eating out! :o )

How about maybe a Filet Mignon or grilled chicken or fish, salad with diet dressing OR just drizzle on a little oil and vinegar, plain baked potato - you put on a dab of butter or sour cream - NO LOADED; one glass of wine OR diet coke with a big wedge of lime, one slice of bread or one roll that you pick little pieces off - no butter or oil- as your appetizer, and two bites of somebody else's dessert, with coffee.

If you must have pasta, make it red meat or clam sauce - not white- cut the portion in half, and bring extra home for lunch tomorrow. That's how I ate the week the whole week I was away, and I even lost a pound! :smug:

Good luck, my friend. I can't always do it - we just do the best we can! I'm pulling for you. :cp: Concentrate on and enjoy what you CAN have! :)

Moogee
07-24-2004, 04:00 PM
:) Hello everyone: Hope you all are doing well. Wanna know my weight huh?
Ugh. The highest I have ever been in my whole life was I think 212. :o :( At 5 feet 3 thats pretty scary. I started this newest self improvement at 178 and just the other day I weighed in a 170 :) So! I am pleased with myself for that. Bonnie I also love salt. Don't know why. I also am addicted to peanut butter. :?: I just don't get that one. So.........I don't have peanut butter in the house. The dynamics of obesity (or overweightedness!)!!! I eat when I am stressed or tired. How about everybody else??? I often am very impressed with the dramatic weight losses of the gastric bypass/stapling surgeries but I wonder if People will gain the weight back? I don't eat because I am hungry!! What do you all think? Starting to feel better now. I hope none of you gets that upper respiratory infection. Yuk! sure glad I don't smoke anymore! Linda

grandma57
07-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Hello to day is SAt and so far I am doing good did with out Breakfast had lunch at 11:00 Salmon sandwich pea soup and grapes lots of water . :coffee: I think the most I weigh was 210 Lbs I am 5'5" and now I am 174 or 175 . I too like peanut butter but I am not giving it up I do with out cookies and chocolate so when I want something it is peanut butter and crackers I am just finding out what hunger and full means it takes along time to learn how to eat to be healthy I have been trying for along time :D :D well thats all I have to say for now Jean

deleted
07-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Ladies, wanna try something? :^:

When I wrap the thumb and middle finger of my right hand around my left wrist at the smallest point, it overlaps by an inch!!! That's why I tell you I am so SMALL-BONED! I know when I say I want to weigh 150, that sounds maybe not enough for a mature 5' 10" women, but I'm not kidding......... my bones are tiny, to the point of unusual, I think.

If you overlap, your bones are small. If your fingers just meet, you are average. If there's a gap, then your bones are large (like my beautiful sister, and she can weigh so much more than me, and not look chubby!)

Just wondered, how do you come out in this little test? (Aren't I a PAIN?) :p :lol: :D

Moogee
07-24-2004, 10:33 PM
:lol: Ok Bonnie, Where do you get this stuff? :) I often wondered about my "frame" I am average I guess. How about anybody else? Just had some dry popcorn. I wish I had a WHOLE jar of peanut butter!!!! But I can't have even one. "one is never enough" In my line of work!! :lol: Linda

deleted
07-24-2004, 11:20 PM
:joker: Linda, it helps to pass the time!!! :dizzy: Wonder how Bernice is doing at her dinner out??? It's so hard to keep from eating that bread basket dipped in a whole plate of herbed olive oil!!!! :no:

Linda, I usually don't eat because I'm hungry either. I LIKE to eat, and I eat when I'm bored. And since I don't work now, that's a problem. I understand what you're saying......... And let's face it, I guess food is just too cheap and too available to the average American. :(

Will I get to bed without eating anything else. I have already had 1800 cals today.......... too many!!!! :o

deleted
07-25-2004, 09:12 AM
:yikes: I didn't get to bed without eating! I had a bowl of gazpacho, which normally would be okay, BUT this recipe had you add avocado & honey. I wouldn't mind, if I'd enjoyed it, but didn't and am going to dump the whole shebang!!! When I'm this restricted, I'm not eating something if I don't love it! :D

Another confession: I was just dying to have a normal sweet, so I bought a pack of two individual slices of Edwards cheesecake, 290 calories each. DON'T! :mad: I ate that, and it was tasteless! I can make my diet cheesecake, and it is 100% better! So I feel I ate about 300 to 400 extra calories last night, FOR NAUGHT!!! :nono:

Why do we go off the rails like that?:shrug: Just human, I guess but I'm back on track today. I've got to have dropped when I weigh Tuesday, and I won't if I don't shape up today and tomorrow!!! :(

:o Come on, girls! Waiting to hear all about your frames!:joker: Happy Sunday!

grandma57
07-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Hello well to day I am doing good but the day isnt over yet
Well my fingers just meet so I guess I am average size bones :) Jean

RAR
07-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Good afternoon Ladies hope that your day is a great one!!!!!! just got back from walking the dog or I should say she walked me:) up to 6 blocks which is good for me just made it back in time as it looks like rain any minute well my highest weight has been up to 169 right now 153 my ideal is 140 not really on a sdtrict diet just cutting down on food my fault is sweets just cant stay away from them welcome back Jean!! Linda, well you ladies have a great sunday!!!!!!!!! Rita;wave;

deleted
07-25-2004, 06:23 PM
:joker: Rita, your frame size!!! :crazy:

soready
07-25-2004, 07:12 PM
OK went out for dinner and was good till dessert. Actually went to friend's house first and had a club soda and none of the horr deorves. The restuarant almost didn't serve us because we missed our 8:30 reservation and got there at 9 and I think my friend went into the kitchen and pressed the palm of the chef cause suddenly we were not a problem anymore. We were the only ones in the place and I guess n the country they just close the kitchen at 9 and that's it. Anyway had a salad with a little blue cheese dressing, some bread with butter which I usually don't partake in but I was really hungry as all I had eaten was breakfast. Dinner was rack of lamb with veggies and mashed potatoes but I only ate half. Dessert was another matter. Because the other couple ordered dessert (their fault-LOL) I felt like I was given permission to do the same and I ordered a tiramisu that I sort of shared with my DH however I really ate most of it. Trouble is I have no guilt for my transgressions. Bad!
Today I had a fried egg in Pam with 2 strips of turkey bacon, 1/2 a toasted bagel, small amt of margerine and coffee with skim milk. Lunch was a frozen quesidilla and coffee and skim milk
As for frame size, can't remember if I answered Bonnie's question. Medium boned. Really in my next life I'd like to be small boned and about 5 ft 3 in and wear a size 4. I love fantasy.
Hope everyone's having a pleasant Sunday, it's cool here in Jersey. By the way, we called about tickets to Luciano Pavarotti's concert in Aug and would you believe they have the nerve to charge 604.25 a ticket That's right 604.25. What nerve. Hope nobody goes. Bernice

deleted
07-25-2004, 07:28 PM
:o Luciano is getting a little big for his britches there, isn't he? :lol:

Sounds as though you did great yesterday overall, Bernice. Lamb & veggies........ yum! Haven't had that in so long. I was thinking of you last night when I ended up eating 500 cals more than I should have. I thought, here I'm urging Bernice to be good tonight, and MOI is eating like a pig! :D

See, everyone is medium-boned and I am SMALL! :mad: REALLY aggravates me.............. cause I look fat quicker :dizzy:

Oh, well........ I have blisters on BOTH FEET but I walked today anyway. I don't want to start missing days! Hope you're all having a great Sunday. I'm having a glass of wonderful Piesporter........... my treat for having to be small-boned! :lol:

Moogee
07-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey Bernice: Where are you in NJ? I was born in Queens and raised outside Paterson. I can't believe that!! Over 600.00!! Guess he has gone hi maintenence now!! I need to ask, what or who is DH? That dinner sounds lovely. Am I the only one who works outside the home? I thought somebody else did? UGH, I will be working forever too. Oh well. Tommorrow is weigh in. I can't wait to break into another digit. PS, to all those who "blew it" this week. Tommorrow is another day. We will perservere (sp) Yawn. Linda

deleted
07-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow, Linda. I just ate my last bite of BubbaBurger and squash, and not another morsel is going into my mouth tonight! :mad:

You NJ girls, I lived in New Jersey for seven years, in Sicklerville, in South Jersey. Loved the Italian hoagies and all the good garden stuff out where we were. :)

RAR
07-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies well hope you enjoyed your weekemd I had it off so I did but today is another story it is :rain: and it looks like it will be all day so hate the thought of going out in it which I will have to after I get dressed and drink my last cup of :coffee: Bernice your dinner sounded wonderful that you had even if you ate too much desert I would of grabbed the whole thing and not let hubby near itbesides eating everything else:lol: Bonnie I am med built but like Bernice wish I was a small frame and a size 4Linda I work outside of home probably till I am 99:lol:good luck with your weigh in today!!!!!!seems like all you girls have lived inNJ at one time or another must be a nice place!!!!!!!well ladies have a great day time for me to get busy Rita:wave:

deleted
07-26-2004, 10:58 AM
:coffee: Good morning, ladies!

:high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high:

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

YES! NINE POUNDS OFF, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

soready
07-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Your enthusiasim is contagious. I am thrilled for you.
You are an inspiration and I promise I'll be good today.
Went to water aerobics and that instructor really gives us a work out to music of the 50's It's a lot of fun. Bernice

soready
07-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Linda, Forgot to answer your question. live in Sparta, NJ which is in the Northwest part of the state. Probably 45 minutes from Paterson. We probably are the loveliest part of the garden state because we are mountains and lakes and near the Pocono Mts of Pennsylvania.

Moogee
07-27-2004, 01:01 AM
:) Nine lbs!!! Hooray for you!!! Congratulations and thank you so much for the motivating happy faces! Sounds like everybody is in the same mindset that we need to watch out for our health. Weighed in today. Still the same but I am not discouraged! 8 lbs since the 4th of July isn't bad. But I can't wait to reach the next plateau. :strong: Walked again today and good grief I thought I would melt by the time I got back to my house. :devil: Even though it is so hot I still enjoy walking outside more than being on the treadmill.Yep old Jersey girl. Raised in Little Falls. Also lived in the country of the Pocono Mts for.. probably 12 years or so. Also lived in Oregon and my most recent move from No. Va (don't know why I am writing all of you my whole hx!) THE BEST ITALIAN FOOD IS STILL IN N.J. I miss it! Oh well.. :dizzy: I am getting tired. Good night one and all..........Linda

deleted
07-27-2004, 09:23 AM
:coffee: Good morning, girls! How are you all today? Linda, your weight will drop.... but sometimes it does take longer than we think!:crazy: But when we walk and when we eat a lot less than normal, we KNOW that eventually the scale will show it, right? I know this N.C. weather is overwhelming to you ... I can't imagine living in the Pacific Northwest, and then adjusting to the East Coast.

Jean, how are you doing? Is the weather pretty good where you are for walking?

Rita, are you flipping around in your pool a lot? That sounds good to me!

Bernice, I guess you'll be getting ready to go to Florida before too long?

Liz, that horseback riding should help you stay in great shape. My niece also took up horseback riding later in life when her daughter fell in love with it as a little one. Their lives are so wrapped around horses!

Gonna go get my second cup of tea.......... Have a great day, girls!!! I have to go get new running shoes, longer ones, so that these blisters will become a thing of the past. Go girls! :grouphug:

(SEE! :mad: About everybody reported in about their "frame" and I am the only one with a small one. That means you can all weight 10 to 20 lbs. more for your height than I can and still look good! :( ) Oh, well, guess I'd better get over it, huh??? :D

Moogee
07-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Hello everybody. I think I am going to get a post-it with everybodys names on it. I can't keep "ya-all" straight! Each one of you helps me to stay motivated! Let me ask another question of all members here. What do you do to reward yourselves when you reach a personal weight loss goal? I have decided to buy myself some 1940-1950 type earrings. A pair came yesterday from e-bay. What about everybody else? Gotta go to work. Have a nice evening and will chk in later. Linda

deleted
07-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Linda, I would have to say that I reward myself with clothes. I'm a big fan of Eddie Bauer, Quacker Factory and Denim & Co. on QVC, Lysa Jane Shirts on HSN, i.e., Also I tend to buy books for myself - especially travel-related. And the BIG reward will be trips eventually that I can actually walk on and enjoy, like to Europe and the Greek Isles, but not as long as we still have our sweet old pooch whom we don't leave.

suzq55
07-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Hi all :wave:
I'm back from vacation.. Actually, I was back yesterday, but if you would have seen my desk :dizzy:
I spent 4 days in Ohio at the home of an Italian family with an Italian Festival going on. Needless to say there was plenty of food and all totally yummy! Then on to Door County. I did only eat 1/2 of my dinner every night though. So, I skimmed through the past posts. Sounds like everyone is on track pretty much. I am 5'1" (and 1/2) and weigh 201. Was 212 and then lost 50 lbs to 162 but then gained back. I want to be 135-140. I know this may sound high for my height, but actually I hide my weight pretty well and at 52 years old I'm not ever going to be 125 again! :censored:
So, had a great time on vacation and now it's nose to the grindstone :tread: and feet to the treadmill.
I will write more later, I need to go home now :tired:
We have about 22 weeks until Christmas and I plan to be a lot lighter by then, how about you all?
Catch you later, suzq

deleted
07-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Welcome back, suzq!:flow1: I hope your vacation was wonderful - the food certainly sounds great! And I'm proud of you for eating HALF!!!:high:

Now, YOUR FRAME SIZE, Suzq!!! Otherwise, I'll aggravate you half to death! :lol: :flow2: Inquiring minds want to know! :^:

suzq55
07-28-2004, 03:44 PM
I guess I'd have to say medium frame. How do you know? I know that my wrists and ankles are not small. Does that have anything to do with it?
Thanks for the welcome back. Had a great time. Hard to come back to work and hard to start back on the weight thing. suzq

deleted
07-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Susq, a quote from one of my posts a few pages back:

:flow1:"When I wrap the thumb and middle finger of my right hand around my left wrist at the smallest point, it overlaps by an inch!!! That's why I tell you I am so SMALL-BONED! I know when I say I want to weigh 150, that sounds maybe not enough for a mature 5' 10" women, but I'm not kidding......... my bones are tiny, to the point of unusual, I think.

If you overlap, your bones are small. If your fingers just meet, you are average. If there's a gap, then your bones are large (like my beautiful sister, and she can weigh so much more than me, and not look chubby!)":flow1:

That's how you test. :) Hey there all you other fair ladies! How are you all? I'm fine, walked in my new shoes today, and they are great, though they look like huge white BOATS! :lol: My weight is still at 9 lbs. off; but I have to be getting in better shape with two miles walking every morning in this humidity.

My sweet granddaughter & son are arriving on Saturday! :dance: :) :p :cheers: Talked to her last night; can't wait to hug the cutie-patootie! :dizzy:

soready
07-28-2004, 04:27 PM
We are leaving early tomorrow for Fla. Hope we can convince my husband's aunt it's time to come North to live near familyI know how tough it is to put the dogs in the kennel. Three of mine went in yesterday and the fourth is ailing with bladder stones so she is going to my daughter. I feel so bad leaving them,don't remember feeling this bad leaving the kids in camp.
My son leaves on hiss 17 day odessy out west and I will be on pins and needles till he's home safe. 17 days on a motorcycle is not my idea of fun but hey I'm only a mother so I'm doing what's expected and will worry.
Won't have access to a computer so I guess I will check in the first week in Aug. Hope you all continue to watch and I'd better keep my act together. Bernice

deleted
07-28-2004, 07:48 PM
So sorry for your puppy, Bernice! Sure hope she's feeling better soon. It is awful leaving them - they don't cope well with being left. Our 15 yr. old Cairn just can't take it........... :( It's confining but he's giving us all these wonderful years, and needs us now!

I hope thing go well with your aunt in Florida. As for your diet, just remember: half-meals, and lean and low-fat, and lots of no-cal liquids, when you can manage it! You will do fine - but we will miss you while you're gone! Have a safe and good trip, Bernice! :)

deleted
07-29-2004, 09:20 AM
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

:high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high:

MILESTONE: TEN POUNDS!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

suzq55
07-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Soready.. is your son going to Sturgis for the rally? My husband is too but he'll only be gone a week. We're probably closer than you though.
Anyhow, as far as the frame size, I guess I would be large boned then because my fingers don't meet around my wrist. I thought I would be smaller boned because I'm so short. Oh well... :shrug:

I hope all of you have a good day. I'll check in later for any new messages.
Congrats on the 10 lbs by the way :dance: :balloons: :cheer:
suzq

deleted
07-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Thank you for the thoughts, Suzq! I wanted to say to you that my Mom is only 5'3", but has BIG bones, which is where my sister got them from. They are both beautiful, have broad shoulders, and you can carry your weight so much better when you have that frame. You are lucky! I got a very slender frame from my father, tiny wrists, ankles and waist in comparison to my weight. Thanks for checking yourself for me, Suzq! I'm so nosy, I just had to know! :D

Jean, I know you are in Canada. Do you know how to make the authentic gravy for Poutine?

Well, all you other ladies, WHERE ARE YOU??? We miss you! :p :p :p

Moogee
07-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Hello there! MsT!!!! 10lbs!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS There is just something about the 2 digit numbers that is so rewarding. Time to shop??? Have been busy the last few days not sleeping. I swear it is just the menopause thing. Saturday should be great for you with the grand daughter coming. Have a wonderful vs. When is Bernice getting back? I would be nervous too (motorcycle). Tell me again how to measure your frame? I was talking with one of my co-workers last evening. When I showed her how I measured my wrists.......well.... She said I did it wrong. When I remeasured at the smallest part, my fingers overlap a little. Whats that mean??? I am WAY fat? Oh well. I will just keep plugging along. Had a little sliver (about 1/2in peice of cake last night. It was excellent. Did 2 miles on the treadmill today. Think I worked it off?
Hey anybody else?? How do you reward yourselves for goals met?? Linda

deleted
07-29-2004, 04:11 PM
LINDA....................MY QUOTE FROM ABOVE POSTS:

"When I wrap the thumb and middle finger of my right hand around my left wrist at the smallest point, it overlaps by an inch!!! That's why I tell you I am so SMALL-BONED! I know when I say I want to weigh 150, that sounds maybe not enough for a mature 5' 10" women, but I'm not kidding......... my bones are tiny, to the point of unusual, I think.

If you overlap, your bones are small. If your fingers just meet, you are average. If there's a gap, then your bones are large (like my beautiful sister, and she can weigh so much more than me, and not look chubby!)"

THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT! I overlap by an inch; if you overlap much at all, your bones are on the small side!

I'm thinking you walked the cake off! :-)

Moogee
07-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Hello! Ok so I am an anal yutz. This is my very last question about the "bone size" I overlap by about a 1/2 inch. So.... Well I can't help it! What if you just have small wrists:) ?? ( seems unscientific!) Anyway... I will let it go now. Yawn. Home and off work tommorrow. Co-workers say I am starting to look thinner. Anybody else getting positive feedback? 10 lbs has to show Bonnie! Do you walk everyday?
Liz: what kind of horse to you ride? My daughter rode english years ago. I love the smell of horse manure.(yeah ok, thats weird too). Bye til tommorrow Linda

deleted
07-30-2004, 08:58 AM
:flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: Announcing ELEVEN Pounds Off :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

Linda, apparently if you have small wrists, and you have small ankles, and you have a small rib cage, that means you're small-boned. If you look at other people, anyone who has a small wrist will be small in the other places as well. That's how my family doctor explained it to me......... :D

Have a great Friday, Liz, Bernice, Linda, Rita, Jean, any other ladies who drop in.............. it's so quiet around here! Where are you all? :?: I will be busy today, getting ready for company tomorrow. Time to wrestle with the vacuum! :p

suzq55
07-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Hi
well, according to my scale at home (haven't been to WW yet) I lost 1 1/2 pounds from the 3 I gained on vacation. :goodscale So, I'm hoping by Wednesday (WW weigh in) that I lose the other 1 1/2. I have been trying to journal every day, whether it be points or just my thoughts, that seems to help. :write:
Well, I guess I am a big boned person. Although I think it helps me not show my weight as much. :cp:

I wonder if anyone else does what I do and that is count weeks until a certain event and plan to lose 2 lbs a week?? Weird I know. :dizzy:
But for instance, I have 7 weeks until a wedding (14 lbs????), 12 weeks until my DH and I go out to our daughter's in CA (24 lbs???) and 21 weeks until a couple days before Christmas (42 lbs????) Now, if I could stick to that I would be in heaven :cloud9:

What else is happening with everyone today??? Have a great weekend if I don't check back today. suzq

deleted
07-30-2004, 04:47 PM
:flow1: Hey Suzq, left your name off above! I guess, somehow, I was thinking you were away on vacation, and wouldn't be checking in! :dizzy: Yes, I do that same "2 lbs. a week" thinking.......... all the time! :D This past week, I dropped three........... but the week before I dropped, what maybe, half or one? Can't remember, but if I'm reasonably good, seems to average out to 2!!! Good luck with getting that other 1-1/2 off! :)

RAR
07-31-2004, 05:42 PM
HI! Everyone hope your day is going great:) havent been on for a few days so got some reading your posts to catch up hubby is horse back riding so really peaceful here just me and my animals which I enjoy at timesBonnie congrats on your weighjt loss :cheers: way to go !!!!!! have not got in the pool this week as Ohio had its share of :rain: standing at the same weight this week:( but I guess it is better then gaining well girls got tto catch up on my house work so have a great Saturday Rita:wave:

deleted
08-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey friends, quick check-in here! Down at beach with family but tropical Alex keeping us out of the water, but can play in surf and build sandcastles. Ate wonderful food out on Sound last night, beautiful view of water. Little bad, but then it's vacation! Three hours on beach this morning, now having quiet afternoon with granddaughter while guys tour battleship.

I'm trying to walk every morning, and just keep in check, knowing I won't lose any this week, but that's okay.

Hope you are all doing GREAT! Will check back later when I have more time. Cheers all! :-)

RAR
08-03-2004, 04:47 PM
HI! Everyone is having a great dayMondays are always hetic for me:( but got most done what I had wanted to get done now I am :tired: and it is time to get supper going to make my fried green tomatoes this week if I dont eat nothin else:D it is really:hot: today in Ohiohope to get in the pool later well ladies you all have a great day and who ever is on vacation hope you are enjoying yourself!!!!!Rita:dance:

Moogee
08-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Hello everybody: Not one lb lost this week. Have been counting points, drinking water etc. Did 2.5 miles on the treadmill. Did you ever hear of fat being lost but gaining muscle? Linda

suzq55
08-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Quick response this morning... Moogee... make sure you measure yourself. You may have lost inches instead of weight this week. I have been finding it so hard just to stay on track. So I give all of you credit just for staying on target :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I just have to find the :strong: to do what I want to do. You know, this may sound wrong but when I had lost the 50 lbs, I was enjoying the attention of everyone on my weight loss and their compliments. I miss that! I want to do it again and this time get to where I want to be and stay there. I sure need all the :grouphug: I can get. I think we are a very supportive group and hope that we can see each other through... I have to go for now. Will check in later... suzq

RAR
08-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Good Afternoon everyone:) hope your day is going well for youI just woke up frmsleeping and Ohio looks like it is going to :rain: any minute so wont be able to get a little walk in so instead of taking the elevators where I clean going to try and do steps so wish me luck as I really need it:LOL; Suzq we are here for you if you did it once you can do it again!!!!!!!! just dont give up weighed myself at work and I am still at 153:( got to try a little harder Linda I have heard of fat turning to muscle so dont you give up and doing the tradmill at 2.5 miles is a great accomplishment I dont think I ever got a mile on mine!!!!!! well hope Bonnie vacation is turning out better for her and she missed most of the storm when she hase to post she will have to tell us all about it sure miss her planned menu that she always has !!!!!well got to get busy so you all have a great day Rita:wave:

deleted
08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
:grouphug: Hey there girlfriends! Sorry I haven't been here much but it was hard to find time to get on at the beach. We just got back this afternoon. I'm totally sold on the Residence Inns by Marriott, at least the one in Wrightsville Beach, NC. WONDERFUL! For the four of us, we got a two bedroom suite........ it had two matching bedrooms, both with queen size beds, phones and tv's, and full baths and dressing rooms. The the middle was a full kitchen, dining area and living room with a queen sleeper sofa, tv and phone. They had free wine, beer, snacks every evening 5 to 7. Free breakfast that was very good........ :cp: The pool area was just fantastic, like a good resort, and was open 10 to 10. We were on the beach, playing in the surf even though it was too wild to swim out. We had a good time anyway. Ate out, played games and swam a ton in the hotel pool.

Will admit I've eaten some bad stuff in moderation, but when I got on the scale when I got home today, I had not gained any back. That will be okay! :D Don't have to lose while I have company.

Suszq, Rita, Linda, Liz.............. and any of our other ladies who check back in, I'm sure we can all do this!!! We have to be patient with ourselves, and not try to do it overnight! It's summer, and we're gonna be a little bad :o but we'll make up for it. My goal for the next couple of weeks with granddaughter is just not to gain any. There are things I want to do, and things I want to bake with her, and I'll know I'll eat a *little.* We have to be kind to ourselves and each other! :grouphug:

Hope you got up and down your steps, Rita! Will talk to all of you later. :)

RAR
08-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Good Morning !!!!! well ladies hope you are having a great day glad that Bonnie posted I see she is having fun and the motel sounds wonderful!!!!!!great that she didnt gain even if she got off the routine of what she was eating sure wish I could be like that well I made it up 2 flights yesterday my goal is 3 today and believe me I was huffing and puffing when I did them 2:lol: well going to get busy early so I can have the afternoon to myself today is my mom birthday so need to spend some time with her so ladies have a great day with what ever you do and remember we can do itno matter what!!!!!!!:dance: Rita

suzq55
08-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Weigh in last night. I gained 2.4 :censored: So, I guess it was a good thing that I lost 1.6 before I left on vacation. Oh well, starting new. I was tempted not to go to WW but if I didn't, it would be that much harder the next time. So, I faced the music or scale I guess!
I am writing every day including my points :write: There were doughnuts around but I refrained (one of my weaknesses) :tape: I just have to get it in my head that all these foods I like are going to be around forever. It's not like I'll never have a doughnut again! So, onward and upward.
Sounds like tobaccygirl is having a great time. Rita, keep up with those stairs. Moogee, are you around today? Who else is still on this? Anyway, have a great rest of the day. suzq