Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-26-2004, 08:19 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday Chat - May 26th

Good Morning

Its a gloomy wet day today and cold burrrrr. How's your morning going ? So far so good here. Today is one of my sister's birthday, she is a happy 50 today... Happy Birthday Margie

Yesterday was so nice, I took dd to the park where she played w/a bunch of toddlers her age, and she played so hard. She sweats like a pig, just like her mom LOL.

Whats on the schedule for today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Just popping in to give a wave and a hug to my pals, old and new.
Leenie! "Sweats like a pig" is not a ladylike phrase! What are you teaching that child? Anyhow, I don't think I've ever seen a pig sweat.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:52 AM   #3  
CIN

Default Woweeeeeeeeeeeee

Good Morning Gals!
Ruth........so GOOD to see you .....................glad you are popping in!

Leenie..................I sweat like a HOG myself...guess we havent been around hogs and pigs(Thankful too)

Dark & Gloomy looing here today too.........................but Hey.we know The Sun Will Come Out!!!! ...........think of Annie gals think of Annie!

Later
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

ya'll always put a smile on my face! down in the south - us gals don't sweat - we glisten!

but honestly, I have always heard that healthy people sweat and that when you are physically fit you start sweating faster then others. Or like if you are working out, when you are physically fit you start sweating 5 minutes into it, where someone who is not so fit, may not start sweating for 25 minutes. know what I mean jellybean?

I am so thankful for a new day! yesterday I totally blew it! ate peanut m&ms, ice cream, popcorn, fried chicken & cookie cake - I just had a free for all. But I have noticed that I tend to do that (well not that bad but still) on the Tuesday right before I start. So I'll blame it on PMS and say it wasn't my fault! LOL like I wasn't the one shoving that food in my mouth!

But anyway - today is a new day and I FEEL GREAT! I woke up at 5:00 before my alarm went off, and did a 45 minute WATP 3 mile tape w/handweights and then got cleaned up and off to work. I just know I will do so much better getting my exercise in first thing in the morning. I know it is a better work out then walking during lunch and I also know that I eat better during the day after I have exercised because in my mind I don't want to waste my hard work and mess it up with wrong eating.

Leenie - I'm so sorry it's gloomy over there! The sun is shining BRIGHTLY here and it's already 78 degrees! Why don't ya fly on down and we'll do lunch.

Ruthie - so good to see ya girlie! how ya been? I've never seen a pig sweat either! guess it would be hard to see underneath all that dirt huh!

Cin - come on down here and visit - the sun is shining! now you've got that song stuck in my head! LOL I'm really not too nervous about Christian driving. It sure is easier with the 2nd child then with the 1st one. But also down here, they get their permit at 15, and their full license at 16. So for the past year he has driven us everywhere we went and got lots of practice (and instructions from us) and they just seem so much more better prepared to drive then we were at 15. Really, I worry more about the other drivers then I do them but as ya know, us moms are always "concerned" for our kids.

Sheila! wow! you sound great! what ya doing to feel so good?

I'm gonna grab my 2nd cup of and will be back later.

ya'll be good!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 05-26-2004 at 09:43 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:38 AM   #5  

Oh! and BTW Leenie - I can't wait to hear all about your meeting tonight!

hugs,
cathy
Old 05-26-2004, 10:32 AM   #6  
CIN

Cathy
You make me feel so special...I GLISTEN all the time! And your comments make me feel healthy & happy to glisten!

You are so sweet and terribly honest too!

Later
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:18 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Glisten ??? us joisey gals don't glisten, when water is poring down from the top of your head, thats Sweat! Just thinking of a turtle neck sweater makes me sweat. And if you've never seen a pig sweat, come to joisey, my address is ..............

Hey Sheila, whats shakin ? good to see your feeling good and silly, we love silly, well at least I do How's the exercise coming along this week ?

Woothie, whoo whoo whoo !

Cin, how can I forget Annie, I call my DD that or I call her Shirley Temple. She's gonna hate me when she gets older lol

Cathy, this weekend I had the orge size M&M's also, MAN are they great !! both pnut and plain.......droooool !!! I'll let you know how I do at the appt tonight.

I'm kinda nervous (anxiety) but curious too. I just hope she's a good dr. I've heard some really stink a roonies..

TTYL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:28 AM   #8  

I admit I am a big glistener too. I am the woman in the gym that is covered and I love it. I know that I am doing something good.

It is nice to see so many posts already and it is still early.

My boss is out today so I am here by myslef. YEAH!!

I do have a few things that I need to do but I will be back.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:42 AM   #9  

Hey Kemp!
don't ya just love it when the boss is out! I sure do!
come back when you have a minute and tell us what you've been up to.

Hey Leenie - your daughter does looks like little Shirley Temple with all that beautiful curly hair! too cute! do you have the old Shirley Temple movies for her to watch? I've found that some kids love to watch old Shirley Temple movies.

hugs,
cathy
Old 05-26-2004, 12:02 PM   #10  

Good morning everyone.....just got up a little while ago. DH & I & Charlie got home yesterday at 4:30 P.M.....we were up at 5:30 A.M. yesterday.....so by last night we were really tired.

Just dropping in to say hi....see you later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #11  

Sheila! you are too cute!

Hey April we sure have been missing you! catch up on your rest and get back in here and talk to us!

hugs,
cathy
Old 05-26-2004, 01:50 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Wow it’s lively this morning! Morning Everyone!

Leenie – Happy Birthday to your sister!

Noodles – Awww how long has Cosmo been missing

CIN – Yeah we need sun out here as well… It’s been COLD! Just the week before it was 90-100 degrees and now it’s like 55-70… ugg…

Cathy – hmmm James must be very healthy. I call him a sweat monster. That darn PMS can really nip you in the bud… I learned that this past month… thank goodness it’s over with! I’ve seen those WATP tapes online, do they sell them in stores or just the net?

I gotta get ready work, so I’ll catch up with you guys later…

Sue…

Last edited by SueMarie301; 05-26-2004 at 02:39 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:03 PM   #13  

Hey Sue!

you can usually get all the WATP tapes online at amazon.com on vhs or dvd for a pretty good price. Also Walmart and Target usually sell them in their stores. I love them!

hugs,
cathy
Old 05-26-2004, 02:35 PM   #14  

Default And here I was...

And here I was thought I was being good by posting before 5 pm. You ladies are amazing!

glisten, glow, sweat or soak - I do all 4 proudly and you can call it whatever you want in my world. I love to glisten, glow, sweat, soak because I must be working hard at something...and maybe even doing right and having fun but I do look like Annie when its all humid...I feel like a strwberry blonde cottonball when that happens and that is my one exception to the sweat rule...don't like that one.

Sheila good luck with the Insurance exams. LAH or P&C? I have my LAH and it is not as hard as they like you to think. Throwing some luck and prayers your way. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Kempy when the cat is away the mouse will play. Enjoy the boss free time!

Noodles I am sorry to hear about your cat I would go crazy. I will pray that he is found safely.

Cathy no beating yourself up! Today's a new day!

I have been in a tremendous mood lately. lovin it! I wish I could pin point why - I would do more of it...maybe it's the exercise thing. My friend just had a baby today but she was 52 HOURS in labor and still had to do a C section. My DH is talking kids but with stories like that it scares the out of me...not to metnion my mother said I would get paid back 10 fold when I have kids

Hope all are well. Hello to Sue Marie, Beth Anne, April, CIN and anyone I might of missed

Quote:
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

be well.

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #15  

Sue what part of So Cal do you live in? My MIL lives in Orange County, San Clemente to be exact. You are better than I am, I can't be out there to long much less live there. There are way to many people out there. I like being here in LA. It is nice not to have my neighbors livning in my backyard.

Cathy I hate to disappoint you but nothing is going on over here. It really sticks too. I mean the boss ins't here so I should be living it up right? Well, I am just sitting here reading magazines. Hey, maybe it isn't as bad as I thought. I never get to read magazines here.

Does anyone have anything good planned for dinner? I neer know what to cook. I am the person who doens't cook it unless it has very few ingredients. What is funny is I have my hubby so scared of when I try new stuff. He asked me last ngiht what was for dinner and I told him I was trying someting new and I could see the look of panic on his face.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote