Old 05-26-2004, 07:45 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday 5/26

Hi all. I can't stay and discuss much. This morning is FIL's surgery and after girls get on bus DH and I've gotta fly to the hospital (30 minutes away). HOPING to make it there before they take him out of the room for surgery but it's gonna be close. At least we'll see him for a while after.
Hope you all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 07:45 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Forgot to mention....this afternoon is youngest DD's bridging...so i'll be preparing for that also. Dang this is a messed up day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Brenda, good luck on your day today. I'll be thinking about your family.

Good Morning everyone. I've been MIA with no good explanation. Ok, maybe a little one...It's been crazy at work. I had three projects that had to be finished last week. One on Monday, one on Tuesday and one on Friday. It was just crazy. Then Saturday and Sunday my dh had a side job, so I was there helping him pull electrical wire. Boy do I feel like Mrs. Construction!

Aside from that I finally had to sit myself down and have a little talk with me (yes, I"m insane) about why were weren't doing our workouts! Well, basically I was taking time off while I could, because I officially started my training Monday for a TRIATHLON! Can you imagine. My goal is to finish, even it it takes me 10 hours

I've finally decided to come back (I know, I haven't been gone THAT long). However, I won't be around this weekend because we are visiting my family in TN. If you guys see my friend Tabatha, give her a big warm hello. I told her all about you guys and she's been doing atkins with little to no support system. Isn't so much easier when we have each other around for chat, support and challenges!

Ok, talk to you later!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:14 AM   #4  

Good morning

Brenda: Hope all goes well today for your FIL.

Lori: Welcome back....even though you haven't been gone that long I am with you....need to get more exercise in. Good luck training for the triathalon. That is quite a challenge.

Well, I finally hit 155 this morning....I usually don't count it until I am REALLY sure but I am going to anyway.....maybe it will keep me on track the rest of this week. Big weekend coming up and I want to NOT gain it back.
So that makes a total of 23 pounds. I can't believe it sometimes.

I am also going healthy today! I am taking your advise from my Atkins & Calories thread. I didn't bring any cheese with me today. I do have cheese in my low carb tortilla with chicken for lunch but that is it. I also brought celery and cukes to munch on during the day. I brought 1 oz. of pecans in case it gets really hairy. I want to see if I can keep the calories under control today. Wish me luck
If I could be down another pound by this weekend it would give me a bit of a cushion for the weekend or maybe insentive to not overdo!

Have a great day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:21 AM   #5  

Oh I almost forgot.......yesterday's chat......

Wow we really have some stories amongst us!

Marie: I can't believe what you have had to go through in your life. And YES no wonder you have hives!

Lisa: A husband with PTSD. That must be so hard. A therapist once told me that I had that from living with my family and their "issues". I sometimes think my dh is a saint for being able to deal with me through all of that. You are too!

Brenda: And you with your husband and that horrible accident....was it one hand? How does he get by? What an awful thing to have happen just before your wedding.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:27 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Girls,

Its a gloomy wet day today and cold burrrrr. How's your morning going ? So far so good here. Today is one of my sister's birthday, she is a happy 50 today... Happy Birthday Margie

Yesterday was so nice, I took dd to the park where she played w/a bunch of toddlers her age, and she played so hard. She sweats like a pig, just like her mom LOL.

Lori welcome back !!
Brenda your FIL is in my prayers today.
Jane congratulations on hitting 155, you rock.

Hugs to all that come
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:32 AM   #7  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all

Boy did I miss a good conversation yesterday! Jane, I hafta thank you for relaying what your boss said to you re: "did you think you were going to love him every day?" I love my BF without question but there are some days when I want to take him outside and beat him. I'm sure I'm no piece of cake to live with either. I always feel like crap when I let myself get irritated with him.... but it never changes how I really feel about him.... and I know he's just being himself, which is cute...90% of the time.

Brenda: Good luck today, I'll be thinking of you.
Jane: Congrats on the lb and congrats on the 23 lbs total!! WoooHoo! The home ec room across the hall has been sabotaging my efforts lately. I swear they're trying to use up all the excess food before the end of the year... and I swear 1/2 of it has gone to my fanny!!!!
Lori: WOW, a triathalon!!! You go girl!!! Was that you who had the couch potato to 5k runner plan? What site was that from? I'm going to try to start next week since I'm off work and I'll have nothing better to do than sit on my butt and crave cheetos.... ohhh how I love cheetos.

Last day of exams. One more day to come to work after this and then I'm done for the summer. I just wish I had a part time job!!! UGH.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:33 AM   #8  
Total Sass Bucket

Leenie you snuck in on me!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:13 AM   #9  

Shimma - Yes that was me who did that plan. I must say it was much easier than I thought it was going to be. Here is the website for it:
http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/m...1;s=2_3;site=1
Old 05-26-2004, 09:15 AM   #10  

I highly recommend utilizing the www.coolrunning.com website also. They have message boards for beginners where you can report in daily about your run and see other's success as well. I think that is what kept me going!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:32 AM   #11  

Good Morning Ladies!

Life returns to normal now, I think! So much has gone one here since last Thursday that I'm not even going to try to do personals since I'll miss something or someone

Visit with my daughters was great! Went shopping and out to lunch just us girls. Gotta say, I really tried to give DD#1 the benefit of the doubt when I first meant him New Years. I've decided he's a complete idiot and that's being nice! Kid has got some really strange ideas for a 22 yr old. He definately hasn't grown up yet.

Have a good day!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 01:03 PM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

From yesterday...

TG: What a wedding nightmare!! I'm glad you stood up for yourself and got what you deserved.

Lisa: Hey! I've been wondering about you. Did you all get moved into your new house?

Marie, Jane and Star: What great advice about relationships! Thanks!

From today...

Brenda: What a busy day! Your family will be in my thoughts today.

Lori: Welcome back! A triatholon!?! I'm incredibly impressed!!

Jane: Congrats on 155! That is awesome. Losing 23 pounds is a huge accomplishment! Congrats!

Leenie: Glad you had a fun day in the park with your DD yesterday.

Shimma: I'd love to be a teacher -- a whole summer off! Enjoy it!

Morti: Welcome back! Glad you had a great visit with your DDs.

Well, last night was another "coffeehouse night" at church. Some of the girls were nicer this week, and I've been accepted into one of their groups. It's so high school! One group of girls saw that I was talking to another group of girls, and later that said that they saw I was "in." Apparently, there is a big division between all the girls -- it really is like high school -- a popular group and the nerds. How ridiculous is that?? For goodness sake, I'm 26 years old! Some of the girls playing the games are older than me! Why can't we all just get along?? Anyway, I think I'll stick to the guys. I've always had lots of guy friends, and I think I'll keep it that way!

Eating and exercising has been going great -- it's not the big struggle that is usually is, which is really, really nice for a change!

I just realized that I'll be going to a baseball game everyday the rest of this week (Wednesday-Saturday). I love it! Wednesday-Friday with DH, which is always interesting, and on Saturday, I'm going with a friend. She got great tickets through work -- right behind home plate -- can't wait!

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 01:23 PM   #13  

Update on my lowering my calories idea.............I'M HUNGRY!

Will have to think this through a little bit more....bring in more dense foods to snack on.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:22 PM   #14  
Head Princess

Hey all -

My brain's not functioning well enough for personals, so I'm apologizing now.

Today's lesson learned: I HAVE GOT TO STOP GOING OUT ON TUESDAYS!

I went out for a girls night last night which was supposed to involve male strippers, but the place was closed so we ended up at a gay bar right by it. My Nathan was there, so craziness ensued. Then my girlfriends decided that it would be fun to take me to a place with female strippers. And they called my DH to have him and his friend meet us there. Ack!

I'm not ok with female strippers. They freak me out and make me feel terribly insecure. Thus, mass quantities of alcohol were consumed. I was totally trashed, spent way too much money, and didn't wake up this morning until almost 11:00 because I kept thinking it was Saturday.

Bad, bad, bad Star!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:32 PM   #15  

Oh my Star

You will learn some day....just enjoy for now.