South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 01:29 AM   #1  

Question Ruby Tuesday?

Hi, Friends...

I am having lunch at Ruby Tuesday tomorrow (with my totally skinny, can't- keep-a-shred-of-fat-on-her-bones friend----but that's beside the point!). I ate there once, about 4 years ago, but haven't since they put in all the low carb menu items. Any suggestions? What have you tried that was yummy, or a waste of calories?

(My friend is so funny...she really is one of those naturally thin, humble, beautiful women, who honestly wishes she were heavier. Her favorite meal is roast beef and mashed potatoes in a pool of gravy...It truly is a curiosity of nature that there could be someone like her, and someone like me, who'd gain 5 pounds just looking at it--and yet, we're the same species???!! Too weird. )

Jojo

5/6"
SW-152
CW-148
GW-142, maybe 137 if my friend doesn't invite me over for mashed potatoes too often....
Old 05-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #2  

Thumbs up I was there on Saturday!

I was totally amazed with their menu...they had so many lo-carb, yet tasty options. I had the cajun tilapia. It was a huge piece of Tilapia baked with Cajun seasoning (it wasn't very spicy though) it had anout a couple of tablespoons of ALfredo sauce on top with four pieces of shrimp on top of that. It was served with mashed cauliflower, which was better than any I have ever had, and steamed veggies. Of course I ordered the salad bar, but that alone would have been enough to eat, never mind adding a whole meal!

I will definitely go there again and try some other low-carb offerings. Have fun!
Old 05-26-2004, 08:15 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jojo, somebody else posted about Ruby Tuesday in here. Try an advanced search and you'll find it.
It sounds good, Imzadi. Too bad there isn't a Ruby Tuesday here in Canada.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:59 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, JoJo!

We have gone there three times since starting SBD. It's become a little Friday-night ritual!

Definite things to try:

The Broccoli Cheddar cheese soup. I think it might be a bit OP because of the serving size, and it has carrots, so it's a no-go during Phase 1, but it is super tasty and otherwise OP.

The Low Carb Chicken Quesadilla. Higher fat cheese, but the fat level is not too bad. This is very tasty!

Loved the sauteed zucchini! DH had the steamed broccoli and creamed spinach and loved both.

I have had the Church Street Chicken without the bacon, but I was not totally impressed.

Check out their website: www.rubytuesday.com for tons of info on their items, complete with calories, fat, fiber, and net carbs for each item. They also list this info on the menu, and further info (which sounds like it was written by Dr. A!) on the table.

The Low Carb Cheesecake is OP for Phase 2. It's 400 cals, though, so you may want to split it with your super skinny friend.

Feel your pain, JoJo...my best friend for many years was a girl that was frustrated because stores didn't care size 0. I didn't even know there was a size 0 before I met her!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, beachgal. I couldn't remember who posted about Ruby Tuesday.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:18 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I've posted about Ruby Tuesday too --

I had the Cajun Talapia without the alfredo sauce. Their mashed cauliflower isn't as good as the one I make at home, but it's decent. Their broccoli is kind of cooked to death, but it's a good portion. I liked the salad with the vinegarette as well.

And I am not really a fan of cheesecake, but LOVED theirs. I split it because it's got a lot of calories [400 I think Laurie told me?]

They have some great choices - I can't wait to go back and get a wrap when I really enter Phase 2!
Old 05-26-2004, 10:26 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oooh, that quesadilla was so good! But I haven't tried a wrap yet. I agree with Jenn about the cauliflower. I was not very impressed with it, but it definately isn't bad, and many people on here love it!

The salad bar is amazing as well. What I would really like to know is if their croutons are OP...they appear to be pumpernickel (sp?) bread based, but I bet they have high sat. fat. Not sure. But they have cut up ham and chickpeas, and tons of different lettuces and so many good veggies! I bring my own dressing in a little Gladware container, and it is very yummy, even without my favorite croutons!
Closed Thread