South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:09 AM   #1  

Default discouraging weigh in

ahhh! i know i have to be patient but i just want to vent. weighed in today and the scale did not budge, i am moving into week 2 of phase 2 and i really would like to here of some stories about your experiences of platues and when they started moving again
Old 05-26-2004, 01:35 PM   #2  

Wink I understand!

I'm about to start phase 2 this weekend and I've only lost 1 pound! It can be very frustrating . Did you lose weight in the begining and then stop or did you not really start?
Old 05-26-2004, 02:43 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, guys! I hit a plateau last week. I started Phase 2 eating two starches and three servings of fruits. I decided that was too much and went down to one starch and one piece of fruit. I gradually went down to those servings when the plateau would not move. I am now successfully losing again. If you only have a little to lose, it can be hard to lose those pounds. So, things to consider are:

+ are you eating enough veggies?
+ do you drink enough water?
+ are you cheating a little somewhere?
+ are your clothes loose?
+ Are you exercising? If so, could you be building enough muscle to keep the scale from going down even though you are losing fat?

Keep the faith, beach buddies! I know you can do this! I feel your pain, but you will get through this!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 03:24 PM   #4  

Laurie, you really nailed it. I have times when I lose 3-4 lbs in a week, and then there are weeks when the scale doesn't budge. I truly believe that we have to allow our bodies time to "understand" that we're changing. Sometimes I feel like mine is saying, "Are you serious? Because if you're not, I'm not going to lose a bunch of pounds just to put them back on next week " DS and I went on our trip last week, and much as I hate losing the same couple of pounds twice, I have to understand that to my body, changes to the routine cause it to say, "Hold it! Are we going to be starving any time soon? Just in case, I'm going to hold onto every bit of me I can until you light somewhere " When I get stuck, I switch type of exercise or type of food -- something to shift gears while still operating in the home pattern.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:34 PM   #5  

unfortunatly I am exersising and drinking more than 64 oz of water a day and i am only eating one carb and one fruit a day i did have one slip but it was not too bad! I am going to wait till next tuesday and see if there is not any change, if so i don't know what to change, i have like 150 pounds to loose, and i eat a lot of veggies in fact i cut down on my meat in order to have more veggies, so i will see if my body responds this week to phase 2.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:30 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Melissa, some people seem to do better on only fruit or only starch. Maybe you can try that? Also, if you are exercising a lot, your body may be in starvation mode. Maybe you need to eat more? Hope you can find something that works!
Old 05-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #7  

hey there,
I wieghed again today, (thursday verses Tue). Thinking that maybe the scale was wrong and i did loose 2 more lbs. so i am happy. Man does it feel great!!!!!!! to be back on track.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:08 PM   #8  

You do tend to plateau about weeks 3-4. A lot of people do a phase 1.5 if they have a lot of weight to lose. You could try just adding in one thing (a fruit or small carb) for a few weeks and see how you go.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:20 PM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Natter, I loved your thought!

It seems to be true with me. I won't budge for what feels like forever. It is like my body doesn't quite know what to do with me, but yes I AM serious!

Patience is next to impossible when it comes to weight loss!
Closed Thread