Exercise! - *Curves #6*

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : *Curves #6*

SunnyD57
05-25-2004, 06:34 AM
:flow1: "WELCOME!!!" :flow1:
This Thread is for anyone wanting to join us in
sharing about their "CURVES experiences"
or if you are thinking about joining and have any questions.
Come on in!!!

SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

What is Curves:
Curves is an all women gym... It is like circuit training with hydraulic machines done in 30 second intervals with "recovery stations" in between each machine...30 seconds on a machine, 30 seconds jogging in place or whatever you feel like on the recovery station...for a 30 minute workout. Most places begin with 8 machines, but we have 12 in ours & you go around the circle 2-3x. It is a great place, I love going there! They do have nutritional supplements and protein shakes and even a diet plan you can follow if you choose...it is all outlined in the member guide they offer you.

The Cost of CURVES in NE OHIO:
*Note* ~ The Cost may vary from one Curves to another
depending on the state

There are three ways to pay that I know of:

FIRST
is to pay monthly & for me that was $39.00
(+tx - some places/states don't charge tax)

SECOND
is to have them automatically take from your checking (or in my case they are charging my VISA ea mo) @ $29.00 (+tx) and

THIRD
to pay in full for the year the day you come to sign up (which they do not offer unless you ask, because it is the cheapest way to go & I think they lose $ on it, so they don't offer unless you ask) & that fee is less then the $29.00 but I don't know by how much for sure... I think it was 10% less each month that way.

**Oh and there is a fee you pay on your FIRST visit when you sign up also - usually $149.00, but in my case it was discounted and I only paid the $49.00 PLUS the first payment (I paid about $90.00 on my first month).**

You will also then be allowed to go to ANY curves that you would like.

Also... Some places offer FREE CLASSES ~
so ask allot of questions when you go there :)

Here is the LINK to the Curves Site:
http://www.curvesinternational.com/

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
05-25-2004, 06:57 AM
http://www.countryclipart.com/FrogSet/frogpondwelcome3.gif

Good Morning Gals ~
JENN ~
Just love your cheer! :cheer: :smug: :lol:
Really cute!

KERRY ~
I too am so sorry that you had such a crummy birthday and that no one gave you a Special Day --- you sure deserved better... I would be bummed too! I hope that the next one will be a better one.

As far as the weather - just yucky :rain: - are a good couple of words to describe it here. Our yard is so flooded we are not able to mow the lawn and the mosquitoes! They are getting so bad with the heat we've had. Joe & I were out trying to garden on Sunday night and they were eating us alive :o It sure has been a "Wet" Spring in OHIO... hasn't it!!?

Welcome LOLOW ~
I hope you do go back to Curves... I too just love it! And feel that it is so good for you spirits as well as your body! In fact, I am going there this morning. I usually go Mon - Wed - Fri, but my Monday was busy... so I am going today instead. Do come back and let us know how you are doing, okay :)

*~*~*

Well, I am off to get the hubby's lunch made and to leave for Curves.
*Have A Wonderful Day Ladies!*

http://www.countryclipart.com/FrogSet/froghrtsline.gif

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Good morning sunshines!!

Sunny- Thanks! I can be such a goof sometimes... :lol:

I usually go to Curves every afternoon and then Saturday morning, and I started taking a water aerobics class on Wednesdays... Well I didn't go to Curves yesterday because I went to a PawSox game with Tim, and I might not be able to go Saturday morning because Tim's mom and sister are coming up Friday afternoon and we have plans to go to ME, NH and VT with them over the weekend...

So the way I see it my schedule will go like this for the week:

Tuesday afternoon: Curves
Wednesday afternoon: Curves, Water Aerobics
Thursday afternoon: Curves
Friday morning: Curves
Saturday morning: Curves (hopefully)

I have alot of other none exercise things to do too, so hopefully nothing interferes with my schedule.

KAR73
05-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Afternoon Ladies:
I can't believe that the end of the school year is upon me. I have been busy the last week or so, packing up my classroom. I will be having a new classroom next school year, so I had to pack up all my treasures so the jantiors can move them this summer. I have gotten an extra workout in this past week.
I am checking to see if my city pool offers water aerobics classes during the summer. I thought that would be a great way to also lose some more weight and get in shape more. My one sister does it and just loves it. I checked with the YMCA's around my area. The one does have it twice a week, but it is an hour one way. Plus it is from 7:30-8:15 in the evening. So that would be making it a long day.
I really haven't been eating like I want to this past week. I think a lot of it was being tired from my fieldtrip, then packing up my classroom and going to my stepchildren's ballgames. So I got back in the habit of eating meals of convience. But I have been trying very hard since yesterday to get back on track. So please say a prayer that I can get my butt back in gear. I am hoping that once school is out then I won't be so rushed to run here and there.
Well I better go and get ready for my students to come back to my classroom from recess. Have a wonderful day!
I looking forward to going to work out this afternoon at Curves with my one friend. These past two weeks, we have not really been able to go together to workout. I think it makes it easier on you when you have someone holding you accountable.
Take care,
Kerry

loribug26
05-25-2004, 01:19 PM
HI everybody!! I've been gone for a while. Just so busy with so many "warm weather" things to do. Working in my yard, cooking for parties, getting my little girl's swing set/sand box set up...very busy. Busy at work too, which is good, but not. I get so tired running around all day trying to get nothing done lol. I get discouraged and when that happens I eat. and once I'm off, I'm off for a while, but I'm sure trying to get back on track. I've been going to Curves still, haven't missed a whole week since I started March 8th, but Have had some 2 day weeks, which really make a big difference. I've lost about 11 lbs. I think, but I haven't been weighed and measured officially this month. I lost 6 the first month, and has taken me 2 months to lose the next 5. I've been so bad on my eating though. Very hard for me this time of the year, b/c I cook so much....eat, cook, eat, cook....need will power!!! Say some prayers for me to get back on track and eating broccolli instead of hotdogs!!! lol. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well, and glad to see SunnyD is her same old sunny self!!! Hi, and nice to meet you to the new ones. I hope you are enjoying your Curves experiences. I sure do!!! Take care all!

wryly
05-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi all -
Back from vacation in sunny sunny California. Had a great time. I walked miles & miles in San Francisco. I didn't leave my heart there but did manage to drop a few pounds!
Drove along the coast for a bit - sooooo beautiful. Also hit Napa then drove along I-5 to San Diego.
I had a great time, met some great people, visited family that lives out there and just forgot everything about work. Still recovering from the flight back but I hope to hit Curves tomorrow after work.

Hope everyone here is doing well.

loribug26
05-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Hey everybody! Hope this finds you all well and Curving! I finally bit the bullet and weighed and measured last night and I'm glad I did!! I lost 6# and 2.25 inches my first month in April and hadn't weighed and measured since then. I knew that my clothes are definitly fitting different, but the scale hadn't been saying much. I lost 5 lbs. and get this......15.50 inches in 2 months!!! I was so surprised and excited. Made my workout just that much better! I would like to lose some more pounds before the 4th of July (really the 12th b/c I'm having my pics made with my daughter again) but if those inches keep coming off, I'm fine with that too!!! Just wanted to share my excitement, and tell everybody to keep Curving, b/c it does work!!!! Have a great day!

KAR73
05-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone,
I went to my TOPS meeting last night and weighed in. I gained two and half pounds last week. But I think it is from only working out three days, eating out a lot this weekend and close to that time of the month. I am not going to let it get me down though. I have done that in the past and it just seems to drag me even farther down and pack on more pounds.
Congrats Lori on your weight loss and inches lost. That is wonderful! Keep up the good work. You have given me the willpower and inspired me to keep going with my struggle with my weight.
Good luck preparing for your exams Shelia. Remember to take time to relax and don't get yourself all stressed out. I will be saying my prayers that your exams go well.
Wryly, Wow your vacation sounds like it was a lot of fun. Glad you had a nice relaxing time. The only vacation I think I am getting this summer is not having to go to school for three months and trips home to see my parents. One of these days, I hope that my DH and I can take a vacation after we get some bills paid off and some money saved.
Sunny, have you had many thunderstorms this past week? It has either been too hot and humid or raining here. Have been able to squeeze in a couple evening strolls around town with my DH. Hopefully the mosquitoes haven't eaten you up too much. How is your garden doing?
Jenn I hope you have a great weekend with your in-laws. Sounds like you will be busy going all over this weekend that missing one day at Curves won't hurt you.
Well ladies, I have some work that I need to do for school tonight before I forget it. Only two more days of school and then I will be done for this year. YEAH!!!!
Have a great Thursday! Keep Curving!!
Take care,
Kerry

JEO1982
05-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Lori - That is AWESOME! Keep up the great work!

Kerry - I wouldn't worry about the gain... TOM approaching can do a number on the scale...It will travel back in the other direction was TOM has gone.

I'll let y'all know how it goes with Tim's mom and sister! ;)

SunnyD57
05-27-2004, 07:17 AM
http://www.countryclipart.com/911/americafreebrave.gif
Good Morning Everyone!

Hi :wave: LORI ~
Welcome Back!
So good to see you again!!!! I know what you mean about "warm weather" things... me too. That's why I am not one quite as much. When it's nice out I try to keep active - gotta keep burning those calories. I see that's what you have been doing! Awesome!
:bravo: Congrats on your 11lb weight loss!!! :dance: It is so good to see you back ;) I am so happy for you... those inches make quite a difference don't they. I am down a size also and loving it.

Hi KERRY ~
How exciting... school is finally coming to a close and then you have your summer! I hope that you have a summer to remember... Don't let those couple pounds discourage you - I go through the same thing when I eat something out that is too salty... I bet you it's mostly just water wt. and it will fall right off you again ;) Please don't give in to it - I said the same thing when I went to my Curves weigh-in and didn't lose anything more after all my working out I stayed the same! But I am counting on seeing a difference next month :yes: And so will you ;) You'll see... hang in there Kerry.

Yep, we were getting those storms - we are right in their path. But luckily we just have some flooding that has really gone down in the last day or so... my hubby has actually been able to do a high cut on the lawn... he only sunk in - in a few places, but as the lawn dries it will recover. Other places around us got it really bad! Allot of lightning strike fires! The strikes were so close the hair on my arms would stand before a strike - scary! But all seems to have calm down for the time being. Thanks for asking ;)

SHEILA ~
Glad that you are feeling better... you gotta watch those expiration dates before you hit the bottle :lol: ;)

WRYLY ~
Sounds like you had such a wonderful trip to California!!! :cp: I just couldn't be happier for you!!!!!!!! :D I am originally from the desert of Ca. ~ 29Palms, Ca. ~ and so miss the warmth and sunshine there... makes you feel so alive, doesn't it. You don't know how much you miss seeing the sun till you have gone somewhere where it is sunny most everyday! You have made me homesick :lol: I am so glad you had a marvelous time... carry the feelings and memories with you :) Did you make it to your Curves?

JENN ~
Sounds like you have a good exercise plan... keep up the great work!! You will see results in no time ;)

Have a wonderful weekend with your in-laws!!! Cannot wait to hear of all you did :)

http://www.countryclipart.com/911/flagsline.gif

I have my hubby home today though Monday :cp: I am so happy! I love it when he takes time off and we don't make any plans... just taking it a day at a time. I have allot I want to finish up in our gardens/yard for the beginning of summer. We bought an Arbor for our entrance way and I spent most the day on Sun. & Mon. planting in pots. Now that the yard is drying up we plan to work in the gardens... when I am done I will post a couple pics for you all to see, okay.

Because hubby is home I will miss a *Curve* day, but I am still getting in my walking everyday. Although, yesterday I didn't do anything... I nursed a migraine headache. It began on Monday evening, but the pain peaked yesterday - so I could do nothing... today I am much better. So I hope to go to Curves tomorrow morning. Can't today - too soon after the migraine, don't want it to come back :no: I haven't had one of those in a long time!

The sunshine and blue skies are absolutely beautiful this morning... so off I go to have a cup of decaf coffee and go sit on the porch with the kitties and watch the birds :) The hubby is still sleeping ;)

Later Gals!
Love to see you all doing so well!
http://www.countryclipart.com/911/2usflgs1.gif
*Have a SAFE & Fun weekend!*
*God Bless*
:sunny: SunnyD <><

http://www.countryclipart.com/911/flagheartsline.gif

loribug26
05-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Thank you everyone for the congrats! Kerry I'm glad that I've inspired you, please keep your head up and it will happen. TOM is definitly a big issue for me...I try not to even weigh at all during that, just makes me more bummed than TOM does! I eat a lot then too, so I just don't put myself through the misery! ;) I really envy you for getting a summer vacation. I miss that. I have a friend that is a teacher also, and I just wanna kick her! :) lol I've been doing lots of work in my yard as of late, you know those warm weather things that keep me too busy to go to Curves, and outside until dark so I eat late and make me want to cook, and all that jazz.....boy I love Summer!!! lol. We got the swing set all set up for my Kelsie over the weekend, and she had me out there at 7am Sunday morning, pushing her in the swing!! "Mommy we go outside, it no dark now?" She's so cute. I just love having something for her to do. The swing set is one made of wood with the "play house" on one end with a slide and the swings on the other end. My dad built it for my little brother about 13 years ago, and then when my parents moved 7 years ago, we moved it to my cousin's house for them to use. They've outgrown it and now we've moved it again for my girl! Talk about recyling! I couldn't believe how well it has held up after all these years. My dad is a master carpenter, so I guess it should be well built, but you never know. We put a little turtle shaped sand box under the house part of it and she just loves it. Hopefully we'll be getting our yard fenced soon and then she'll be all set! I'm so excited about having a "functional" back yard! I know that sounds silly, but it just seems like we'll use it so much more now. Well I guess I'll quit rattleing about myself!! I sure hope everybody has a wonderful and safe Holiday weekend. I'll be off tomorrow and headed to my parents in Southern Indiana to help get ready for my little brother's High School Graduation!!! I just can't believe he's graduating! I'm 11 years older than him and feel like I darn near raised him. I worry about him going off to college by himself. I did it but its not the same. What am I going to do when my own baby grows up? I wish I could just freeze her right now. I will try to put in some pictures next week so you can enjoy her with me!!! He're I am rattleing again, take care all!!!! Keep Curving!

KAR73
05-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Morning Ladies:
I made it! It is the last day with my students. Yeah!!! I can't wait to start my vacation of relaxation and doing things for myself. I have been good this week, I went to Curves 4 times so far. I hope to do this afternoon and tomorrow morning. I have also rode my excerise bike 10 miles and did my ab roller too. So I am not going to give in and let it drag me down.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!
Take care,
Kerry

JEO1982
05-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Lori- That is awesome that you now have the swing for your daughter, and it sounds like she is really excited to have her own swing. Once you get that fence you can safely have her in the backyard for hours. I best she thinks you are the best mommy ever for taking her out there at 7AM! I look forward to see those pictures.

Kerry - It sounds like you've been really busy with all the exercise and finishing up at school. Lucky you that you get summer vacation... I am soo jealous! Take that time to concentrate on you and relax like you said...you deserve it!

KAR73
05-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone,
I made it! I am now on summer vacation. I started it off right by going to Curves and working out this afternoon. I feel so good this week. I feel better than I did last week. I set a mini goal of losing 20 or 30 pounds this summer. Currently I am at 212 1/4 pounds. I would like to start next school year around 180-190 pounds. If I just set my mind to it, I can achieve it.
So what is everyone's big plans for the holiday weekend? My hubby and I are going to enjoy spending time with his children and take it easy. No really big plans here.
Gotta go see if anyone wants to go for a walk with me. I will talk to you all later.
Have a safe and fun weekend.
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
05-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Morning Ladies:
Just came back a little bit ago from Curves. So I am pumped for the day. I put in 6 days of working out. So tomorrow I think I might take a break. Last night we took the kids to the bike path and walked half of it. This summer I would like to work my way up to walking all of it and around the lake that it goes to and back home.
Well I need to go and help the kids get ready for the day. We are off to the local library to sign them up for the summer reading program this morning. I think I might see if I can get them to walk down there.
Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry

JEO1982
06-01-2004, 09:02 AM
:wave: Good morning ladies!

The weekend with Tim's mom and sister was great. They are just so nice! We went up to Maine on Saturday and to a cookout at my family's house on Sunday. Yesterday I left them alone so they could have some time with just Tim and while they were out, they bought me 'Wizard of Oz' magnets because "they saw them and thought of me" - how sweet are they? I went out to dinner with them last night and then we just sat around the apartment for a while. Tim is driving them back to the airport today... I wish I could see them off, but my sister is on vacation this week, which means I can't take the day off, so I said my good-byes last night.

This morning I went to Curves first thing...I wanted to get my workout in now so I could spend my ENTIRE afternoon with Tim since we hadn't had any personal time to just snuggle with his mom and sister staying at his apartment...anywho I weighed myself while I was at the gym, and I actually cried...HAPPY tears... I saw 198.75#!!!! I DID IT!!! I'm in ONEderland!!! After a holiday weekend and not going to the gym since Friday...I am soooo excited! :dance: :hat:

KAR73
06-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Congratulations Jenn on your ONEderland status! Way to go girlfriend!
Sounds like you had a great weekend!

I just came home from going into school for a little bit. I went and checked out first thing this morning. So then I just hung around waiting for our staff carry in and socialized with some of my coworkers. I was good and eat only a little bit of stuff. It was all healthy stuff too. I was proud of myself. But I did have a little plate of dessert. But I got up early this morning and rode my excerise bike for 10 miles and did 100 crunches with my ab roller. Then I am going here in a little bit to my Curves to workout. So I am making up for eating dessert today. But I hardly ever eat dessert anymore. Can you all tell I have TOPS tonight? LOL.
Well I better go and get some work done around the house. I decided that I would try to clean out the upstairs closet where we throw all the stuff I said I would go throw someday and decide what to keep and what to get rid of. Plus we have junked up our storage closet on the first floor. I am sick of tripping over stuff.
Have a wonderful afternoon.
Kerry

KAR73
06-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:
I lost 1/4 pound last week. So I guess I must be doing something right. I am a little tired and sore today. I rode my excerise bike for 10 miles this morning. Then I went to Curves and worked out with my friend. After I dropped my friend off at her house, I came home and mowed my yard. It took me 2 1/2 hours to push mow. But atleast I can say the yard is mowed for the week. So I am hoping to see good results come Friday or Saturday when I go for my monthly weigh in and measure. Well I think I am going to go take a little nap. Hope everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work ladies!
Take care,
Kerry

loribug26
06-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Hope everybody had a wonderful weekend. We had some bad storms, but everybody is safe and sound, with not much damage. Congrats Kerry, keep up the good work. How nice for you to have your summer! I'd love to be able to stay home in the Summer with my girl. Everybody else must still be on holiday :) I have to go to Curves tonight, I haven't been in a week, and this weekend was a free for all with my eating! I'm trying so hard to be good. Take care, see ya'll later.

JEO1982
06-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Thanks Kerry! Wow were you motivated doing all that exercise! I'd be sore too! LOL! :bravo: on the loss this week! Keep up the great work and I'm sure this week with be even better for you! ;)

Lori - Here's hoping your workout went great :crossed: Don't worry if the scale moves in the wrong direction... It may be the motivator necessary to keep you on track and faithfully Curving ;)

mayday
06-03-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm going to check out Curves on Tuesday evening to see if I want to join. My plan was to do workouts at home -- I like The Firm and Power 90 but I just haven't had the willpower/motivation to do them consistently so I thought joining a program might help. One question I have is do you think it is enough of an aerobic workout or would you suggest doing something in addition. Also, is 30 minutes really enough? I always feel like I have to work out at least 45 minutes to see results. One last thing, how much do you sweat. I'm not extremelly out of shape but I do have some weight to lose (about 35 pounds). The Curves nearest me opens at 7:00 and I have to be at work at 8:00. Do you definitely need a shower after a workout? Thanks ladies!!

JEO1982
06-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Good morning ladies!

I went to the gym and water aerobics last night and back to the gym at 6:00 this morning. I got weighed and measured so I wouldn't have to do it during TOM again. Here are my losses: (this month/total)

Bust: -1.50/-2.25
Waist: -1.50/-3.25
Abdomen: -3.0/-4.5
Hips: -2.25/-4.25
Thighs: -0.5/-0.5
Arms: -0.5/-2.0
Weight: -10.5#/-22.5#

Needless to say I was quite please, except for the bust thing :lol3:

Anyhow, I hope y'all are having a great Friday!! :flow: :goodvibes

loribug26
06-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Hey everybody! Hope all is well with everybody...Sunny its quiet in here without you! I'm feeling a little under the weather and trying to convince myself not to eat to make me feel better and to make sure I go to Curves. I had to be at work an hour early today and feel as though it should be time to go home by now!!! I'm needing some motivation, I'll get it somehow! I sure do miss it when I don't go to Curves. I've slacked off lately, but still getting some results. So now I just have to remind myself what those results would be if I bust it like I was...right??? :) Have a great day ladies. And to the ones are wondering about joining, just do it, you'll be glad you did. I would try to go after work if at all possible, b/c I'm a sweater, and am convinced if I'm not sweating, I'm not working hard enough. I've often thought that Curves should add a shower stall or two, but I know a lot of them are strapped for space! Later all :D

KAR73
06-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Hi Everyone:
Well I got weighed and measured yesterday. I went first thing in the morning after rolling out of bed. I gained a pound according to their scales. Gained inches every where but in my hips. I lost 1/4 inch there. My body fat stayed the same. So I guess I have to work a little harder. My body was sore and achy this morning so I didn't go workout today. But this evening I am going to either go for a bike ride or go for a walk. First things first have to go grocery shopping with the DH. We are watching his kids this summer well their mommy is at work during the week. Boy can two 6 year old boys eat. It is hard to keep enough food in the house for them. LOL I can't wait until they are teenagers and have bigger stomaches. We might have to shop at Sam's Club and buy in big bulk quailities. LOL. Atleast I can say they don't have a problem running it off. Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

wryly
06-07-2004, 10:22 AM
I got back from my vacation and then I got sick! I've had something like bronchitis for the past couple weeks. So no Curves for me, just plenty of laying about and drinking liquids and watching DVDs. Won't be able to work out tonight because of the hockey game (and because I'm still a little under the weather).
The being sick hasn't affected my weight - I can still fit into the size smaller than usual clothes that I bought in CA - but I'm just tired overall. I now get winded just walking up the flight of stairs in my apartment building.
Hopefully I'll be back in the Curves groove before too long. I hope to get ing 5 workouts this week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

KAR73
06-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone,
Wryly sorry to hear that you have been sick. It is never fun to be sick in the summer time. You will be back your strenght in no time flat. Just take it slow when you first go back to Curves. Don't over do it and strain yourself.
I have been going to Curves and then going for a walk in the evenings this week. I haven't done my bike or crunches since last Thursday. I guess I was just depressed over the news I got at Curves on Friday. I have to get into the habit of doing my crunches again.
Hope everyone is doing great this week. I have to go and get ready for two ball games this evening.
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
06-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Just came back from my ball games. Before my trip to the ball field, I went to TOPS and weighed in. I stayed the same weight for the past week. Guess I need to kick up my workouting out a notch higher to bust out of this runt.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Later,
Kerry

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Wryly - I'm sorry to hear that you were sick too! Kerry is right about taking it easy when you go back to the gym though... You don't want to hurt yourself so you have to stop going for another week or so, so just ease back into your routine and I'm sure you'll be at full steam in no time.

Kerry - Sorry that you've hit a plateau...that is sooo frustrating! But at least you have the right attitude about just kicking it up a notch... I'm sure you'll bust through this rut like a linebacker through a paper banner! :lol3:

As far as my stuff goes, my workouts have been going great... I've been to Curves 3 times so far this week and might go again before my water aerobics class this afternoon ;) I might not be as inclined to do so if Leigh-Anne wasn't working and if I wasn't having good results... This morning I weighed in at 195.75#! That is .25# away from a 25# loss and it brings me to surpassing my July 1st goal already! Woohoo! My next goal is 185 by August 1st, think I can do it? ;)

mayday
06-09-2004, 10:15 AM
I joined Curves last night. Tonight after work I go for my first workout. The Curves I joined just opened recently so they only have 8 machines. Does anyone think that makes much of a difference? A friend of mine goes to one with 13 machines so I would think she'd get a more well-rounded workout. Also, I asked one of the employees if they had any policy against goign more than 3x a week because I had read in an old post that at one Curves they would not allow members to go more than 3x. My curves lets you go as much as you want but doesn't recommend going more because they said it's best to do this kind of strength training every other day to give your muscles a rest which I've heard many times before. What do any of you think? Could going every day be detrimental. I'd like to go at leat 4 x a week and since they're not open on Sundays I would have to go 2 days in a row. Just wondering what was working for you guys. I'll stop rambling now :lol: Thanks!!

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Welcome Mayday! I think you'll love it at Curves! I don't see anything wrong with going 4x a week, as I go 5-6x most weeks and I go to water aerobics on Wednesday nights... In the first month, I only went 3 or 4 times a week and I only lost 2.5# (which I had gained in the first week)... Since I stepped it up I've lost 22.25# in 2 months. I relly think you just have to make your own decision about what you can handle and how much you should go though. :goodluck:!

wryly
06-09-2004, 11:15 AM
I went to Curves last night and had a good work-out. There's a new machine so now it's up to 12. I only did 2 circuits (usually I do 3) and I didn't really push myself that hard. Afterwards I rewarded myself with a chocolate bubble tea. For dinner I had grilled chicken breast, wild rice and a huge salad. I was going to go for a walk but it was too hot out.

JEO - congrats on the weight loss! 25# is an great amount.

KAR - You seem to be mixing things up a bit so I think it will help you bust out of this plateau. Don't let it get you down.

As soon as I'm over this cold I want to get back to swimming on a regular basis. I haven't done anything like baseball or soccer since I was a kid but I think I'd like to get into it again. some of us go bowling after work (when we work to midnight) once in a while. It isn't much of a workout - especially if you have a beer - but it is nice to get out with people.

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks!!! I hope you feel better soon! :grouphug:

wryly
06-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Since I have a lot to do after work today I decided to go to Curves this morning before work. It was great - only a few people when I got there. Only problem was the traffic on my way back to the apartment. lol.

JEO1982
06-10-2004, 02:26 PM
I hope you weren't late because of the traffic, but it's great that you fit it in anyways! Sometimes I go to the gym before work, but not too often because I don't like getting up at 5:30AM...I do it about 1x or 2x a week though. :coffee:

KAR73
06-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi Ladies,
Welcome Mayday! I think you are going to enjoy working out at Curves. I tried to go atleast 4 to 6 times a week.
I went to a new family doctor today. I asked him to check my thyroid to see if that is why I have been having trouble losing weight lately. So he had the lab draw a vial of blood and run the test on my thyriod and to check my cholestrol. He politely told me that I was overweight, but was proud of me for taking the step to eat right and working out. I will let you know what my results are when I get them.
I started to workout on our new weight machine. I think it will help me a lot. I didn't make it to Curves today since I had my doctor's appointment and then my DH had a doctor's appointment. Plus my stepkids had ball games (which I had to float back and forth from). Both teams won, so that made for some happy kids.
Well I need to go and get some uniforms washed. My stepDD's has a double header tomorrow night. Plus another game on Saturday morning. That will only be the 6th game they will have played this week. I think it is a little much for 7-9 year olds.
Have a great Friday! Keep up the good work!
Take care,
Kerry

wryly
06-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Kerry - sending positive thoughts your way. Hope all the tests come back o.k.
I went to a couple soccer games that my little nieces played when I was in CA. They were so much fun. And sometimes watching the parents was even funnier.
The funniest thing was that the kids were more interested in the post game snacks than they were about the score.

mayday
06-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Well, I went to my first Curves workout on Wednesday night and I have to say it was a lot of fun. I'm glad they had someone walk around with me. I thought I'd naturally know how to use the machines but I would have ended up doing them all wrong! My Curves just opened so we only have 8 so far. After the 1st time around I really tried to push myself to see if I could really get a good workout in 1/2 hour while using machines and I have to say I did. My face was beet red and I was sweating pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. My guide told me it was best to take a day off since I was a beginner at Curves so I didn't go Thursday but will be going today after work. I wasn't sore at all on Thursday, though and I'd really like to go 4 or 5 times a week so I'm going to try that. Thanks for all of your input.

JEO1982
06-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Mayday, that's great tha you liked it.... pretty soon you'll be hooked! I have gone 6x since Monday even though it's TOM.... I just can't stay away :lol:

I hope you all are having a good Friday...the weekend is just about here! :D

mkay
06-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Hello...I'm mkay (mary) and I joined Curves in January and have only been there maybe 12 times. I am just sooooo tired when I get out of work and now that I've changed my eating habits...I have to get right home to cook or I'm starved. I lost 15 lbs on the SBD but am at a plateau. UGH!!! :mad: I've not had any sweet sugary food for 3 weeks now.

I need some motivation to bet my butt back to curves. HELP!!! :workout:

Thanks for listening...mary

JEO1982
06-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Oh Mary! Is there any way you could go before work? There has to be a few times a week that you can change your schedule slightly and just go... That was my problem... I kept making excuses about how busy I was and now I go to the gym just about every day... I just decided one day that if I really wanted to lose weight I would just the gym and just go... and that is what I have been doing.... finding a time and just going... COme on you can do it! Curves is great... Once you go a few times in a week, you'll want to make yourself be there!!! ;)

KAR73
06-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi Ladies,
Welcome Mary! You can do it! You just have to set aside the time to go workout. I was like that at first, but now I make the time for myself to workout. I am a much happier and engerized person. You just need to set your mind to it.
My tests came back fine. So I just need to watch what I eat and workout a little bit more to bust out of this plateau. I am going to do it!!
Well I just came back from the ball field. We had an early game this morning, a 10:00 one. Had to have my stepdd at the field at 9:15 to practice. So that meant waking up at 7 to get everyone moving and ready to walk out the door a little after 9. So I think I am going to go read a little bit and then take a little nap. Have a great weekend!
Take care,
Kerry

samanthajosmom_12
06-13-2004, 02:28 AM
i am thinking of signing up for curves. i have to wait for 2 months(doctors orders -due to my hernia suyrgery i had this past april. he wants my stomach healed more. i cannot wait. i do not do exercise except maybe walking. i need more. how can working on a machine for 30 seconds and only a thirty minute work out help you lose weight and inches. i think it sounds great!! i want to lose 20 more lbs and and i need to firm up and lose inches also. curves sound good to me. does everyone think it has helped them. i want to try it for 3 months and see. sue

mkay
06-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Wow...everyone is so sweet. As it turns out, I have been sick for a week with a cold and today it is worse yet. :eek:

However...Curves is moving next week...and closer to my house. I "could" walk there and then not have to do the boards just the machines. This week is another wash anyway...daughter is getting married Saturday and I feel soooo yuky and then of course next week we are down south for a week. THEN....back to reality. I figure by July 4, day of freedom...I WILL be back there. Ok...that's my goal. July 4 is a Sunday BUT July 3 is a Saturday and I know they are open then. I will be there July 3.

Everyone, have a great day! Thanks for the encourgement!

I will be back.

Mary

SunnyD57
06-16-2004, 09:45 AM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/ecards/friendship/bigbearhug08/1.gif

Good Morning Gals ~
Well... ... today was my first day back to Curves in 2 1/2 weeks! It felt so good to go this morning - at first I was apprehensive, because I am still not feeling up-to-par, but I went anyway. I am meeting my friend again on Friday and we are going to meet up with one another every Mon- Wed & Fri. through the summer. I will sure miss her when she has to go back to teaching in Sept and won't be able to join me --- but in the meantime, we'll have fun.

Welcome to the Curves Thread *MARY*
So happy to see you join in and that you have joined Curves :) I have always liked Curves, but just am not always well enough to get out and about. I am glad I have joined so then I DO get out - I am so much healthier for it. I do hope that you feel better real soon and are able to go{{{Hugs}}}

Welcome *SUE*
I KNOW you will see results! When I was going 3x a week *faithfully* I was seeing great results... lately I have been ill. I haven't gained, but I see that I am not as toned as I was two weeks ago --- so YES, it works! Do make sure you are well enough before you go - with Dr's approval, but I think you will like Curves ;)

Feel Better soon! {{{Hugs}}}

:wave: Hello's :wave: to
*WRYLY - KERRY & JENN* :wave:
Hope you ladies are doing well...

Have a good Day Gals!

http://www.ecardgallery.com/ecards/friendship/bigbearhug08/divider.gif

Jack-150
06-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Ladies,
You are so fortunate to have some place set up like Curves. Of course, being a guy I've never been ther, but it's set up like a circuit right? I wish someone would do that for guys! Wonder why they don't allow us there? Maybe we gawk too much! Could someone describe Curves for me? Thanks

MichelleRae
06-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Jack you're a gawker? Nahhhhh never!! ;) Can't you just set up a circuit training routine at your own gym? Just curious I've never been to curves myself but I did belong to a womens gym and I would start out on the treadmill and do 15 minutes and then move to the elliptical and do 20 minutes and then move to do crunches on the incline bench, then I would proceed with either my upper body workout or lower body. I don't know if thats what curves does or not lol.

Keep up the great work Ladies!
Michelle

Jack-150
06-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Guys in general- making women uncomfortable But yes everybody sets up a circuit of there own - it may be more convenient if it was geographically set up. **** I'm alive -I notice women -I won't lie- I don't fall down steps staring at them but I notice them!

SunnyD57
06-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi *JACK & MICHELLE*
:lol: You two are a riot! :lol:

*JACK*
I have a LINK on Page 1 of this Curves Thread that takes you to the Curves site - there they show you how it is set up. Our Curves began with 8 machines but now have 12... I do enjoy it, but I also walk (JuNe WaLkErS Thread) and I just bought the new Tae-Bo DvD and the new Walk Away The Pounds DvD... I am going to take a look at them today while I walk my T-Mill. I like to watch before I begin, so I get an idea as to what I am to do.

And you don't make me uncomfortable at all ;)
But it is nice to have a place to go to without the 'comparing' and
the worry of being 'looked at' - I just wear my baggie clothes and go work out. No fashion shows (if you know what I mean). No one wears those tight workout outfits - they just wear what is comfortable for workouts and go. I find that the ladies I workout with are so supportive of one another --- it's great! We all laugh allot!

Later...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jack-150
06-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Sunny D, Whoops I forgot you were here! I meant H-E- double hockey sticks.How about all this rain and lightning and thunder! Jack

JEO1982
06-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Jack here is how I described Curves before:

Curves is an all women gym... It is like circuit training with hydraulic machines done in 30 second intervals with "recovery stations" in between each machine...30 seconds on a machine, 30 seconds jogging in place or whatever you feel like on the recovery station...for a 30 minute workout. Most places begin with 8 machines, but we have 13 in ours & you go around the circle 2-3x. It is a great place, I love going there! They also have nutritional supplements and protein shakes and even a diet plan you can follow if you choose...it is all outlined in the member guide they offer you.

BTW - There is a place like this for men! It is called The Blitz. Here is a link for you: The Blitz (http://www.timetoblitz.com/the-blitz-intro.html)

And the Curves site is: Curves (http://www.curvesforwomen.com)

I hope this helps some!

SunnyD57
06-16-2004, 11:25 AM
*JACK*
You are just too funny!!! :lol: You can be yourself around me ---
I have read some of your other posts ;)

As far as the lightning & storms... I am sooo tired of them all!!!
Where's summer!?! :^: It looks like we are in for another storm this afternoon & then it is suppose to be nice for Friday and Sat. - I HOPE!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

mayday
06-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Jack,

There's a new franchise starting up that's the male counterpart of Curves. It's called Cut for Men. I read about it on a Curves forum on another site. It's just beginning so there aren't a huge amount yet but maybe it will take off like Curves. I'm not allowed to post a link since I haven't posted 50 times but maybe you can do a search on "cuts fitness for men"-- that should work, if your'e interested.

SunnyD57
06-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Hi *MARY*
I'll post the link for you ;)

Here is the LINK:
http://www.cutsfitness.com/

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
06-22-2004, 09:49 AM
http://p.webshots.com/ProThumbs/56/47256_wallpaper280.jpg

Good Morning Everyone!
I went to Curves this morning but it was a tough start... sure felt great after I finished though. As usual - I am so glad I went! It was busy this morning too. Allot of ladies are tuning up or fine tuning their bodies before their vacations.

How is everyone these days... it's been mighty quiet here :?:
Hope you are still going to your Curves. It's a struggle for me some mornings, but I get in my 3x's a week.

Yesterday it was Joe's & my 29th anniversary - where does the time go!? Wow... 29 years --- not to mention the year and a half of dating and engagement ;) We spent a quiet day at home together and then went out to dinner with our best buds. The whole day just went by way too fast :^:

I sure do hope to hear from someone today ;)
Thinking of you!
*God Bless*
:sunny: SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

KAR73
06-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi Ladies,
Sorry I have been MIA for a week or so. My school held a summer program last week and I helped with it. Then I came home every afternoon to work with my stepchildren on their reading for the summer reading program at our local library. Spent my evenings going to ball games and the like. Went home this weekend to see my family. So I have been just a tad busy. But I still have found the time to go workout 3 or 4 times at Curves. Went to a new one that opened up by my parents church when I was home. I don't think I will be back to that one ever again. The lady didn't know what a travel pass was and she didn't have me fill out a medical release form. Thank God nothing happened to me while working out. I have an appointment on Friday afternoon with my family doctor to see what else I can do to get out of my little weight slump. Well I need to go and get ready to go to Curves this morning.
Congrats on your 29 years of wedded bliss Sunny! Here's to another 29 more years!!
Hope everyone else is doing fine!
Take care,
Kerry

SunnyD57
06-24-2004, 08:41 AM
http://p.webshots.com/ProThumbs/97/45797_wallpaper280.jpg
"Good Morning Gals!"

Hi *SHEILA*
What a bummer that the Curves burnt down! :o But at least you do have another you can get to... hope you are able to go real soon. I know I feel so much better when I go - even though I am busy with other summer things.

*Blessings*

Hi *KERRY*
Thank you for the wishes ;)
I pray for 29 more years +! We want to be healthy and to be able to travel a bit when he retires. He is suppose to retire in just 3 - 4 more years :D That will be so nice!! I cannot wait... he'll still do some work because he will be young, but it will be work he enjoys doing and not under someone else.

So good to hear that even though you have been so very busy you have found the time to go to Curves... me too. It's been a great help to have my girlfriend to go with! We meet up again tomorrow morning for our 3x this week. I gained back 2 lbs while I was ill and not walking or going to Curves, but am working on taking that off now... gotta get back into my walking again now too.

Take Care!
Great to hear from you!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JEO1982
06-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Good morning y'all!

I haven't posted in here in a while, but it's great to see that you are all still faithfully 'curving'! ;) I've been going 5-7x a week and to water aerobics on Wednesdays and doing a 10 minute pilates workout for my thighs...Summer's here and I am not ready! LOL! I've almost reached the 30# mark though! Maybe at this Saturday's weigh-in? :crossed:

Sunny - That is terrific that you have been married for 29 years! I hope you get to do all you wish to once he retires (or semi-retires)! To think you have been in marital bliss for longer than I have been on earth!! Here's to you making it to your golden anniversary and beyond!

Sheila - Sorry to hear about your Curves! I think I'd be at a loss if the Curves I went to burnt down... Half the reason I go so much is because I love the girl who works there. :crossed: I hope they do rebuild!

KAR73
06-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Hi Ladies,
Well today is the day. I have my appointment with my family doctor this afternoon. Wish luck that he can help me overcome my weight problem. I have watched my food intake for two days so far. I am hoping to continue this for quite a while.
Enjoy your weekend, ladies!
Take care,
Kerry

JEO1982
06-25-2004, 12:21 PM
:goodluck: at the doctor's! I have to go to the doctor's myself today... But for something else... I have spots on my abdomine and sides??? I thought it was nothing when it was one and then I started getting more... I think I have 8 or so now and I don't know what they are.... I'm sure it nothing really, but I don't want to have spots and I want to put Tim's mind at ease... :?: I dunno I hope they can offer me a cream or lotion and be done with it....

Sorry...

On a more up beat note, I went to Curves this morning at 6:00 AM and I weighed myself.... I was sooo excited... I saw (drumroll please) 190.0# on the scale.... That makes a 30.5# loss!!! Woohooo!

KAR73
06-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Congrats on your weight loss Jenn! I am proud of you. I hope your appointment went well.
My appointment went well. The doctor can't figure out why I am not losing any weight if I am eating all my meals before 7 p.m. and I am not snacking in the evening. Plus exercising So I am going to go see a nutritionist at my local hospital. I am just waiting for the doctor's office to call me back with my appointment.
Well you ladies have a wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Kerry

JEO1982
06-26-2004, 09:40 AM
Well I either have lime disease or eczema... LOL what a choice, I think I'll pick eczema (and keep my fingers crossed that's it)... The doctor also notice the difference in my weight from the last time I hade been to that office and now and she said "Wow, you've lost quite a bit of weight since I've seen you last, and your bp is down... great job... you should be really proud of yourself!" So I'm following doctor's orders and being proud of myself ;)

I hope the nutritionist can help make this weight loss journey easier for you!!!! :goodvibes

KAR73
06-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanks Jenn! It is always nice to get comments on your weight loss from others. But it is especially nice to get them from your doctor since they are the ones who usually are telling you to drop a few pounds.
I set my alarm and got up at 7 this morning,so I could go in and workout before my hetic day started at home. I came home from working out and started to clean house. I thought it was safe to do since ball season is over. So the mud and dirt would be all over the floors and I don't have to sweep them every other day. LOL
Well I am going to go and enjoy the nice weather outside. Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
07-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to check in with everyone. You all must be busy since no one has posted here for a few days. I went to TOPS on Tuesday night. I had lost 5 pounds since last week. I had started to count my carb intake after 30 carbs for the day I stopped eating carbs. So I was pleased with myself. I hope that I can continue to do this. I finally got my appointment scheduled with the nutritionist for Monday at 9:45. So I am looking forward to that. Well I need to go and get ready for my water aeobrics class. It is the first one I have been to. I hope I know at least a few people there. Talk to you all later.
Have a great weekend!
Kerry

SunnyD57
07-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi *KERRY*
I am with Sheila... :cp: Bravo!!!!! :cp:
I thinks it's wonderful that you have lost 5 lbs.
Keep up the wonderful job!!!! Huge "Pats-on-the-back"

I have been going to Curves at least 2x a week, but am going to try and get there 3x a week again... I have been slacking :nono:

Hi *JENN* :wave:
So glad to hear that you impressed your Dr. ;)
So what do you have??? Hope you are able to get meds for it.

In case I don't make it back here over the weekend:

"Happy 4th of JULY!!"
Everyone have a wonderfully Fun and Safe Weekend
with your friends and you family.

*God Bless*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

JEO1982
07-01-2004, 08:24 PM
Sunny, it turns out I have Eczema, go figure... She gave me a steriod cream and it is help the break outs calm down ;)

KAR73
07-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to drop in and say that I am so glad I went to water aeorbics tonight. It was a great workout but it also is so relaxing. I am going to continue to go on Thursday nights. I don't know what I will do when it is over in August. I might have to ask at the nutristionist on Monday if they know of any water aeorbics classes in the fall and winter.
I am glad to see that everyone is alive and well. It sure was quite around here this past week.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
07-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Morning Ladies,
I took the plunge and got weighed and measured this morning at Curves. I lost 4 pounds according to their scales. I also lost 1 1/2 inches from my abdomen and 1/4 inches from my hips. So I am back in the land of losing pounds and inches again. I was a happy camper. That made going around three times seem to fly today. LOL
Well I got paid today. So you know what that means, paying bills this afternoon and running errands. Talk to you all later.
Have a safe 4th of July everyone!
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
07-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Morning Ladies,
Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! I had a nice time at my dh's family get together. I was very proud of myself. I didn't overeat plus I didnt' eat until I was completely full. I had a little piece of hamburger, minus the fixin's, some coleslaw, baked beans and some BBQ ribs. Then I had a small piece of birthday cake for my neice. I did bring my own water jug and some iced tea to drink. So I was happy with myself. Since my Curves was closed on the 3rd, I worked out at home. I rode my excerise bike for 30 minutes and logged 20 miles on it. Then I used my gazelle for 20 minutes. I did a good 10 minutes of strecthing afterwards. Then yesterday, I cleaned out my closet and started on the big storage closet. Then my dh and I took an hour walk around town last night.
This morning is my appointment at the hospital with my nutritionist. I am a little nerovous. I think I will calm myself down after my appointment by going to Cuvres and working out. I will talk to you all later. I have to go and get my shower. I have to leave the house in about 30to 40 minutes.
Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
07-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Evening Ladies,
Just wanted to let you all know I turtled at TOPS tonight. I stayed the same weight. But that is fine with me. Atleast I didn't gain any of my 5 pounds back. LOL. My appointment yesterday went fine with the nutritionist. I have to eat 4 carb exchanges or 60 grams of carbs at my three meals a day. Plus have 2 carb exchanges or 30 grams of carbs for a bedtime snack. I have been busy excerising though. I went to Curves yesterday,then came home and played 3 hours of baseball with my family and three other families. Then we went for a walk last night to my mother-in-laws. Today I played an half hour of ball with the kids and my dh in our front yard. Then we went for a long walk around the neighborhood. This afternoon the twin's and I went for a long bike ride. So hopefully this will help with my inches for the coming month. Well I am going to get off the computer, it is starting to storm. Hope everyone is doing great!
Have a great Wednesday!
Take care,
Kerry

alteaon
07-06-2004, 11:18 PM
I am really tempted to go to the Curves by my house, but I just can't afford it. I walk six miles a day and watch what I eat, but lately nothing has been going on. I've been gaining weight, which I thought was muscle, but my clothes dont' fit, either. Then I end up eating like Crap because i feel hopeless. The thing with the curves is that it is expensive, and that I'm not sure if it will even work for me. I have a book that someone lent to me that has the "curves at home "work out, where you use a tension band. maybe I should use that first. I weighed myself this morning and I almost cried. I woudln't even let my husband watch me put on my pajamas because I am so embarrassed. I weigh 161.2, I'm five seven, and wear size eights. This may not seem like a lot, but to me it's huge. I want to weigh 140-145, but it's so hopeless. I then get guilty for eating all the "i'm feeling sorry for myself' food, which then adds to the weight. I know what I need to do to lose weight, but it's so hard, especially when I don't see any results at all. I want to try curves, but I'm scared that I'm going to be out money that I desperately need.

Me.

mayday
07-07-2004, 09:12 AM
I don't get to post too often because I don't have a computer at home but I'm able to sneak on at work from time to time. Today I had my 1 month weigh in so I thought I'd share my results:

Bust: -0.50 in.
Waist: -1.25 in.
Abdomen -0.50 in.
Hips 0.00
Thighs 0.00 (boo!!)
Arms 0.00
Weight -2.00 lbs
Body Fat -1.00%

I'm not really looking at these #'s too closely. I think next month will be more of a gauge of how I'm doing. On my first weight in, I did it in the evening and with regular clothes on so I think that could explain the bust (those sports bras really hold it in!) and probably the weight because you always weigh less first thing in the morning and I was just at the Dr. and had been at the same weight. But I'm still happy with these results because even my workout clothes hold everything in a little more than what I was wearing the first time, there's still some progress. Plus, I just started on June 8th and missed over a week of workouts due to vacation plus this past 4th of July weekend and didn't gain any weight! Yeah, me!! But I think next week should be interesting. I was on another Curves forum on a different website and learned that I was pushing myself too hard on the recovery boards when I really should be using them to recover! I kept wanting to get that extra cardio in but that in turn made me weaker on the machines. So last week I started giving it my all on the machines and truly recovering on the boards and I think that is going to make a difference. So next month I plan to see even better results! Thank you all for posting on a regular basis. When I do find the time to check in, seeing everyone else's results really gives me an extra push to go to Curves. Chat with you later!

KAR73
07-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Hi ladies,
Alteaon you can go to your local Curves and try them out for a week to see if you like it. I don't think it is too expensive. I think it is worth the money. You can ask them if they have any specials running right now.
Mayday Congrats on your weigh in and measurement. That is great. Keep up the good work.
Well I was just asked to help giving my twin stepds' a shower. I better go before they start really bugging me. Talk to you all later.
Have a great Thursday!
Take Care,
Kerry

alteaon
07-08-2004, 10:04 AM
I went to Curves and talked to them about specials. They don't have any right now, not until October. Right now it's 149.00 to join, plus the monthly cost, which is 39.00 a month. As much as I'd like to, I can't afford this right now. I may be able to afford the monthly payments, but not the joining fee. Our curves has a thing where you can try it out for a day, but not for a week. I decided to try out the "curves at home" work out in the Curves book I have, and see how that works. I was in a very foul mood last time I posted, and I apologize for it, but I was so frusterated. I decided to go back to WW ( I have all my at home materials yet ) and add strenght training to my walking work out. I figure that any movement is better than none. I also need to realize that what you weigh and what you look like isn't an indicator of who you are as a person and what you're worth. I'm very good at dispensing advice, but not very good at heeding my own words. THanks to everyone.

KAR73
07-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone,
Sheila it is good to see you back. How did your insurance tests go? I hope everything turned out great for you. Congrats on the weight lost.
Alteaon I am sorry to hear about your Curves only having a one day trial. Plus they are not running any specials right now. I think you will like the workout at home though. My one friend did it and lost some weight and built up her self-esteem. Please don't worry about being in a bad mood when you post on here. We all have our good and bad days. We are here to support each other through the good and bad times. :) Hang in there!
My DH and I try to go for a walk in the evenings around town. We have his three children for the two weeks (since July 5th until next weekend) and we have been taking them on evening walks. Last night we were getting ready to go for a walk when my mother in law and two niece's showed up for a visit. They were complaining this morning about how we never took our walk last night. So I guess we will have to make sure we get it in tonight.
Well I have laundry to do. So I must be off to do laundry, since the kids are running out of clean clothes. I have my water aerobics class tonight and what to be able to enjoy it and not be thinking about dirty clothes. :):)
Have a wonderful day!
Kerry

KAR73
07-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone,
Hope all is well with everyone!
I made it to water aerobics last night. It was alot of fun. I was able to catch up on some news with one of my coworkers, who I haven't seen in over a month. We were laughing about how the summer for us is almost over and we feel like we haven't accomplished anything yet. Sheila, I think you would really like water aerobics. Take the plunge and go to a class. If nothing else, you will laugh at what conservations are going on around while working out. There sure have been some interesting ones the first two classes I have been to.
After my water aerobics class, I went to the ball fields to play ball with my family and two other families. I thought I was going to die out on the ball field. My legs were killing me when I was running the bases. So I came home and put some ICY HOT rub on them. Boy did they feel better after that. I was able to make it to Curves this morning and do my 3x's around. So I was able to get my 3x 's in for the week.
I even came home and mowed the yard. So I am done with excersing for a few days. Well I better go and get some laundry done. Talk to you all later.
Shelia congrats on passing your one test. You will pass the other two with flying colors. Keep up the good work!
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
07-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi Ladies,
It sure has been quiet around here lately. Hope all is well with everyone! I just thought I would drop in to say that I lost another pound this past week. So going to the nutritionist has helped. I have been watching and measuring my portions out at each meal.
Well I better go and get ready to go for a walk around the neighborhood. Tomorrow is my Curves day. So I have to get some form of excerise in today.
Take care,
Kerry

JEO1982
07-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Great job Kerry! Keep up the good work!

I do water aerobics once or sometimes twice a week. I enjoy it and it's a good workout that is low impact. Half the time I am the youngest person there, but everyone is nice and no one is judging... It's great. Sheila, listen to Kerry and give it a try! ;)

JEO1982
07-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks Sheila! I can't wait to go to Nantucket! I haven't been since I was an infant, even though I have family there and I live less than 2 hours away including the slow ferry ride...

BTW I have to disagree about you being the oldest person there.... There are people in their 70s in my class and there are people who are well over the 300# mark there too and they are not ashamed to get into their suits and do something good for themselves... Maybe you should take a page from these wonderful ladies' book and not think about the bathing suit part... You won't regret it!

JEO1982
07-14-2004, 03:16 PM
That's a shame that the atomsphere is sooo lacking! At least you do have your Curves and the nice path to walk on.... Keep doing whatever's working for you!

KAR73
07-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone,
Shelia I can't believe that your water aerobics in your town is like that. Too bad, because I think you would really enjoy it. I am the youngest lady at my class (31). But there is a nice cross section of ages at my group. We have people in their 30, 40,50,60,70 and 80's. Now I am trying to find out where there is a group that meets in the winter. It is a great workout.
I have made it to Curves 3x this week. I have noticed that since I cut it back down to only going 3x a week, I am starting to lose more inches. So I must have been stressing out my body too much.
Jenn you are zipping your way right along to reach all your little mini-goals. Keep up the good work. I am hoping to be 200 pounds when I go back to school at the end of August. I only have 8 more pounds to go. Then by Christmas I would like to be 175.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Take care,
Kerry

SunnyD57
07-16-2004, 02:42 PM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/Smile_1.gif

:wave: Hello Gals,

Everyone is doing so well here :smug: :cp:

*KERRY* * JEN* & *SHEILA*
Thank-you so much for keeping this thread alive... I know I have been so bad about stopping by lately ~ I am sorry :sorry:

I too found the 2 - 3x a week works well for me, because I also walk. I was so tired going more then 3x - I wasn't able to do much of anything else at home without really pushing through. But now... I have the energy to go to Curves 3x a week and walk everyday and get my chores and projects done.

I went to Curves my 3x this week with my girlfriend --- what a difference when you have someone to exercise with :yes: It goes so much faster :^: I am going to really miss her company when she goes back to school at the end of August :( In the meantime... I am enjoying her company.

:wave: Hello's to all the other great gals!! :wave:
Keep up the great job staying OP :goodvibes

{{{Hugs}}}

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 31.25

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 5 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

bodyshakers
07-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to the 3FC boards and was greatly interested when I saw the mention of Curves. I am a Curves member here in Alaska and have been for a little over 3 months. Through Curves I have lost 22+ inches so far and about 19 pounds. It's always nice to meet fellow Curves members, thus I thought I would jump right in and say hello.

Look forward to meeting you all. Have a great weekend! :)

JEO1982
07-18-2004, 08:16 PM
I got weigh and measured at Curves yesterday, and here are the results: (drumroll please....)

Measurement/This month's loss/Total Loss

Bust: 36.5"/-2"/-4.25" ( :mad: nothappy about this one!)
Waist: 28.5"/-3.25"/-6.5"
Abdomen: 40.75"/-1.25"/-5.75"
Hips: 41.5"/-2.5"/-6.75"
*Thighs: 25.5"/-2.5"/-3"
*Arms: 12"/-2"/-4"
Weight: 185#/-13#/-35.5#
Body Fat%: 27.6%/-5.9%/-6.5%

* Keep in mind the measure is a single thigh/arm and the loss is the total for both ;)

I am sooo excited! I have met my August 1st goal about 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Nantucket here I come! Woohoo! :D

KAR73
07-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Welcome Bodyshakers! Glad to have you on board. That is great news about your inches and pounds lost. Feel free to visit us anytime!
Jenn that is great news about meeting your Aug. 1st goal ahead of time. Way to go,gal! So when is your day trip going to be?
Sunny glad to see that you are doing great! Keep up the good work.
Well I better go and get myself ready to go to the library. I have books due and I think I might just walk to the library.
Talk to you all later,
Kerry

KAR73
07-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Well ladies I just got back from TOPS. I have lost another pound. I am so happy. I am glad that my family doctor talked me into seeing a nutritionist. Since I have been following what he told me to do, I have lost a pound each week. So I am slowly but surely going to get to my goal weight. Just wanted to share my good news with you all! Hope everyone is having a great week!
Kerry

JEO1982
07-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Way to go Kerry!!! :bravo: Keep up the good work! :cp:

SunnyD57
07-21-2004, 06:54 AM
I am so happy :cp: for you *KERRY*

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Christian/Misc/Woo_Hoo_1.gif

And Thanks for the encouragement! I am trying so hard and staying OP... I hope I see results like yours soon!

Good to see you too *JEN*

You *all* go out there and make it a WoNdErFuL DaY today! :)

(((Hugs)))

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gifApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 37.25

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/workout.gifJuLy CuRvEs: 6 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

KAR73
07-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Morning Ladies,
I just got back from working out at Curves. When the alarm went off this morning, I was not ready to go face the day. But now that I have worked out, I am ready to conquer anything. LOL.
As for my 8 pounds away from being in onderland, I don't know how I am going to celebrate that special event in my life. I might ask my dh to help me pick out a new outfit, or have him take me out for an evening on the town.
Sounds like you gals have been very busy, Shelia and Sunny. Here in a couple weeks I will start getting busy again, as I will be setting up my new classroom for the start of the new school year. It is fast approaching here in a month.
Keep up the faith ladies! We can and will continue to lose weight and get healthier.
Gotta go and get my shower for the day. Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

mayday
07-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Hi all,

Not much going on but I thought I'd check in. I've still been going to Curves M,W,F. I don't weight myself except once a month at curves because I get obssessed with weighing if I do. My clothes are all still tight but I'm not upset about it. I feel better and I feel like I'm doing more reps on the machines. I'm pretty excited because I think my Curves might extend their morning hours. If I don't go in the morning I usually don't go but I work at 8:00. Mine doesn't open on T and Th until 8 and on M,W,F it opens at 7:00 so I go and then rush to work all red faced. Anyway, it's been really crowded at Curves lately. I get there right at 7 but if someone comes in around 7:15 they've been having to wait lately (we only have the 1st 8 machines). So the owner asked if she would open at 6:30 on m,w,f and 7 on t, th, would we come and everyone said yes. That would be great because then I could go m,w,f and really work the machines and then go on tu,th and focus on cardio on the recovery boards. I think that could really help my weight loss. Well, anyway, I'll chat with you later. Hope everyones' doing well!!

KAR73
07-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi Ladies,
Just a quick note to say hi and hope you are all doing fine. I don't know what I am going to do when I go back to school in a month. I really enjoy going to Curves in the mornings and working out. In the evenings, I just don't have the energy to go during the school year. But I do force myself to go and than I feel so much better after my workout.
Take care and have a wonderful week! Keep up the faith ladies. We can do it.
Kerry

KAR73
08-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Just dropping in to check and see how you all are doing. It sure has been very quiet around here lately. So that must mean we are all busy excerising and watching our diets. :) :)
I fall off my diet for a few days this past week. But that is okay, it was TOM and I was waiting to hear about a test result from my doctor. So I am working hard this week to not gain any weight.
Well I hope everyone is fine.
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
08-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone,
Sheila as for a suggestion about going to Curves to workout. I would just set aside two or three nights a week to workout. Tell him that is your time to go to Curves and make arrangements to do something with him on the other nights so he doesn't feel left out. Or do you have a Curves closer to where you live?
As for my test results it was a pap test. It was the first time I had one done. I got my results on Saturday. Everything is fine. But I was just starting to worry since they told me I would hear from them in a week. The week came and went still no word about the test. So I was starting to panic that something was wrong. It is just my worry wart nature I guess. :)
Well I just got home a little bit ago from school. I went into rearrange my new room and feel gross. So I think I am going to go get a shower.
Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
08-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Morning Ladies,
I just got back from Curves. I got weighed and measured this morning. I am very pleased with the results. I lost 2 pounds according to their scales. But their scales is off by 3 pounds according to my scales and the doctor's scales. I also lost 5.50 inches from my bust,waist,abdomen and hips. My body fat went down 1.60% as well. I just wanted to share my good news with you all.
Hope everyone is staying OP and getting their workouts in.
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
08-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Thanks Sheila for your kind words and encouragement! :) :) Hugs go out to you.
I know that you will be able to get back into the routine of Curves 4x aweek. Just don't over do it. As for the bf, what guy is really going to come out and say that he is feeling left out and wants to spend more time with you? I know that my dh wouldn't. So I hope you can work out something to make you both happy.

Kerry

mayday
08-09-2004, 08:24 AM
I got weighed and measured this morning:

6/8/04 7/7/04 8/9/04
Bust 40.50 40.00 38.50
Waist 34.25 33.00 32.00
Abdomen 39.00 38.50 36.50
Hips 43.25 43.25 43.23
Thighs 26.50 26.50 26.00
Arms 13.50 13.50 12.50
Weight 167 165 169
Body Fat 35.00% 34.00% 34.40%

So I gained 4 pounds! Which I guess doesn't matter too much but my body fat did go up slightly. But, I did lose 7.52 inches this month. This month I started just really pushing on the machines and using the recovery boards just to recover and I did lose more inches and it could also explain the weight gain -- some could be muscule gain. My biggest loss thus far is my bust of course :lol: but I expected that because I don't have much of a bust when I'm thin. The hips are being a little stubborn but at least the thighs finally started to budge. I'm goign to continue the M,W,F pushing on the machines and plan to add a Tuesday or Thursday or both when time allows to push more on the recover boards and not do much on the machines. I really need more cardio. Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend!!

KAR73
08-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Congrats Mayday on your inches lost. The four pounds are probably like you said muscle gain. Keep up the great work! It is paying off for you. I am so proud for you!!

I am trying to motivate myself to go to Curves and put in my workout. My friend that goes with me during the summer since I don't have to work right now, wasn't able to go this morning. So I slept in, had to feed the kids,clean up the kitchen, sweep the floors and do laundry. So now I think I am finally ready to go.

I hope everyone else is doing great and had a wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
09-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi ladies,
Where are you? I miss chatting with everyone! Hope you are all doing well!
Take care,
Kerry

mayday
09-08-2004, 09:39 AM
I'm a little sad about these results But I'm not going to give up. This morning was my 3 month weigh-in/measurements and here are my results:

6/8 ---7/7--- 8/9--- -9/8
Bust 40.5--- 40--- 38.5--- 38.5
Waist 34.25--- 33---32---- 32
Abs 39------ 38.5- 36.5 --38.5
Hips 43.25--- 43.25--43.23- 44
Thighs 26.5--- 26.5--- 26--- 26
Arms 13.5---- 13.5-- 12.5-- 13.5
Wgt. 167--- 165---- 169-- 168
Body Fat 35%--34%---34.4%--34.1%

As you can see, from August to September all of my measurements either stayed the same or went back up. My hips are bigger than when I started. I even made it to Curves an average of 3 times a week this month whereas other months I had vacations that kept me from going. A little disheartening. But I'm going to try to use these results to make myself work harder. I go to Curves every M,W,F. I was going on a Tues or Thurs if I was free and doing mainly cardio and not working the machines as much but I think instead I'll do a cardio tape at home. I guess I had just hoped to have looser jeans after 3 months but I guess it just takes me a little longer. I hope everyone is doing well!!

Morning_Star
10-04-2004, 03:58 AM
I feel so very guilty for not going at all the entire summer. I joined in April, went twice and that was that. It wasn't that I didn't like, I loved it.

I can excuse the remainder of April, the entirety of May and half of June. I fell down stairs, broke my collar bone, two ribs and my ankle. I had a two and half month recovery period before I was allowed to resume exercise. :tape:

But I cannot excuse the following months to the present. "Things just came up" is rather truthful, but I could have made it work. The other one that "It's so hard to get back into the swing of things" is also truthful, but I still could have tried. I pass by it everytime I run errands!

Unfortunately, I'm bad about "all or nothing" thinking, so one day per week as opposed to the normal three still would have been better than nothing, but I still saw it as a total failure. If I can't do what I should, I tend to not do it at all.

Old habits die hard, don't they? :(

As with all my other percieved failures in diet and fitness, I'm having a very hard time letting go, forgiving myself and just getting back on the proverbial horse. If beating myself up was a calorie-burning exercise, I'd be a model... :)

I've not had good experiences with fitness/weight loss consultants in the past... they were quick to be very critical and angry with me for not doing what I was supposed to do. That only discourages me further and makes me feel really bad about myself. So, a small part of my excuses have to do with fear of the owner/consultant (I don't know the proper title) being that way and not really being welcomed back. I normally don't give a hoot what most people think, but in situations like this it matters to me to feel welcomed back or not.

Regardless, I've been thinking about Curves everyday for two weeks, and especially with last weeks clothes shopping fiasco! (Nothing fit, nothing looked good and I have no more jeans to wear... just baggy jogging pants, period. Bleh)

I walked today.... TWO whole miles! :dancer: I'm very proud of myself. I had to take breaks along the way and catch my breath and take a drink... it was mostly at a moderately steep incline with some minor ups and downs towards the end. I've never been able to conquer anything like that before. I guess those short weekend hikes all summer long in the Rockies made a difference afterall.

That kinda motivated me the most to go back. I saw what I could do, and how it made me feel and how far I've gotten with only a weekend trek. Imagine how much I could do with Curves 3x a week combined with those Rocky Mountain treks. Hiking in the mountains is my absolute favorite thing to do... but it saddens me I have to do the baby trails, and not the good ones that offer rewarding scenery. But with Curves, I can really change that and become one of those hikers I see pass me all the time that I envy so much.

If the owner has the reaction I'm afraid of, then I figure, that since there's a Curves on almost every block in my city (I suppose that why it's the thinnest city in America...) I can go to another one. :shrug:

I really have to do this for myself. I'm far, far too young (22) to weigh 330lbs and mope around because I'm too out of shape to do anything else.

I'm going tomorrow, and that's that. :jig:

Morning Star

SunnyD57
10-04-2004, 07:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/AUTUMN13.gif

Hello Morning Star!

Boy girl... you have been through quite allot... good for you getting back into the swing of things again. Sometimes when I think too long and hard about exercising I just don't do it. I have found that for me I just have to "just do it" or "I don't!" :lol: :o

I go to Curves every Tues. & Thurs. and Walk the other days and I have a Walkers Thread that just began October 1st (& begins new each month), there you set YOUR OWN GOALS and no one is competitive, just try to do your best to meet the goals YOU SET for yourself. Some walk allot and some don't (moi), so don't feel intimidated by some of the others goals, just set your own ;) Allot of great gals post there too! I post more there and some of the Curver's also post there... wanna come join us? We'd sure love to have you! The more the merrier :)

Click on LINK---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47386&page=1&pp=15

Hope to see you there :D :) :goodvibes !!!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

KandiceS
10-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi- I joined 3FC yesterday and I love it.

I've been going to Curves for almost 4 months now. I love it. The women there have truly become a family and huge support system. It's not like any other gym where, ugh I don't want to go, so I won't, deal. It's a chance to catch up with friends for 30 minutes out of my day and do something truly for me. I love it! Most important I love seeing the women that I've come to be friends with lose- seeing the change in them and knowing that they're seeing the change in me. It's such an experience to be able to share something that personal- losing weight and toning up with so many people.

Thought I'd share my measurements and goals since I saw some before me... I lost 18.5 total inches in the 3 months, and gained 1 lb (eating whatever I wanted) .

I joined the Curves diet class last tuesday, (because I wasn't seeing a change in my weight, even though I wanted to) using the member guide as a reference. I get weighed today and hopefully go on to Phase 2.

Bust:
42.00 6/30/04
40.00 7/28/04
39.25 8/27/04
40.25 9/28/04

Waist:
33.00 6/30/04
33.25 7/28/04
31.50 8/27/04
33.00 9/28/04

Abs:
44.00 6/30/04
41.00 7/28/04
40.25 8/27/04
40.00 9/28/04

Hips:
48.50 6/30/04
47.50 7/28/04
47.25 8/27/04
47.25 9/28/04

Thighs:
31.75 6/30/04
26.25 7/28/04
29.00 8/27/04
26.50 9/28/04

Arms:
12.50 6/30/04
12.00 7/28/04
12.00 8/27/04
12.00 9/28/04

KAR73
10-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Welcome Morning Star and Kandice!!!!
Morning Star, you have been through a lot. But you can overlook those back thoughts and feelings and stares from others and get right back in the swing of things. Just take baby steps. You will feel so much better about your self by just getting in a little bit of excerise each day and then gradually built up to being one of those hikers next summer that you passed this summer.
Kandice Way to go about breaking the 200 pound mark. I am so proud of you!!! I have been close to the 200 pound mark several times and then I gain some weight back. I have been at 204 and that was my closest to 200. I came currently 208. I hope to be reaching that 200 mark by the end of November. Keep up the great work.
I have been going to Curves since the end of Dec. 2003. I love it there. I have done really good. I have lost about 17 to 18 inches since joining. This past month, I lost 4.5 inches from my abs and 1.5 inches from my hips. So my pants are fitting me differently. It is such a great feeling to be getting skinner. I have been walking every day since school started in August. During the week, I walk 2 miles every day. Then on the weekend's I either walk 3 miles or 4 miles. Plus I go to Curves three to four times aweek. It is such a great stress reliever. Well I better go and get ready to go for a quick stroll around the block before I got to my stepkids' soccer games.
Check back with you later.

KandiceS
11-04-2004, 10:56 AM
since my last post- I have been doing the curves diet- LC- and lost 11.5 lbs and 10 inches last month! for a total of 28.5 inches and 10.75 lbs...

it's my hips that are keeping me in a size 16- everything else falls in the 11/12 size. but I did lose 2.75 inches from my hips this month- so hopefully some more next time so I can buy some new pants!!

hope everyone elses curves experience is going good!

~Kerri~
11-09-2004, 04:37 PM
I just joined Curves last night! I made it through the circuit twice before I had to leave. Not bad, I don't think. I was also still in my scrubs from work! That wasn't very comfortable for exercise, but I didn't think I'd be going through it last night! So today I've packed up some gym clothes to head over after work. I'm really excited to have joined and get to do this now. I want so badly to be a healthy, thinner person! I can't wait to start seeing results.

I started dieting last week. I have completely cut out sodas from my diet. That was SO HARD for me. I LIVED on Dr. Pepper before last week. I haven't even craved it. It's been water and iced tea for me ever since last Monday. Too bad I can't stomach diet drinks. I just hate the aftertaste. But water is better for me anyway. I've had breakfast EVERY day, which is a real stretch for me. I usually have breakfast about twice a year LOL. So I'm trying to get my 3 meals a day in. I'm so glad I found this website. You guys are great!

~Kerri~

Talisman
12-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Is anyone interested in continuing this thread? I just joined Curves this morning, and I'd really love to have the encouragement of reading all your testimonials and progress. :)

KandiceS
12-07-2004, 01:20 PM
I love Curves- hope you enjoy it! I've been a member since June 30, 2004 and lost 28.25 inches and 19.25 lbs and 14.95 body fat lbs! AND for the first time that I can ever remember my body fat % is below 30%! (it's 29.9% and dropping) I love seeing the changes- there's a curves song like that (at least on the music we listen to)

Congrats on making the first step!

Talisman
12-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Thank you, Kandice! I really enjoyed today's workout; I think this is actually something I can stick with. About time I found that!

Wow, and go you, reaching your mini-goal a MONTH EARLY!

LeanneM83
12-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi Ladies
I everyone, I am new to the whole curves experience and wondering if I can join your thread.
my name is Leanne, I am 26...I have 3 kids...3.5, 16 months and 2.5 months...I joined curves Nov 25, and MUCH to my surprise I LOVE IT. After I had my daughter I was KILLING myself in the gym, for hours at a time (which I dont have) and getting BURNED out. my friend took my to curves for their :bring a friend" night, and I loved it. What is HARD for me, is to feel like I had a great workout even though I am not sweating my brains out. I guess I always thought the more you sweat the better the workout. I am finding out this isnt true. Anyone else?
Anywho, I hope you let me join this thread...I am soooo motivated

Leanne

SW 204 (sept 21/04) 1 day before birth
SW 190 (day I came home from the hospital)
CW 154 (been busting my butt for it)
GW 130 (but 140-145 by Xmas)

Talisman
12-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Heck, I'm new to the thread too, but WELCOME! *throws confetti* :)

KandiceS
12-10-2004, 01:39 PM
yup- I had a very similar experience to yours. Curves works! I've been going since June 2004. Hope you stay with it- and if there's a curves diet class- sign up for that too. I did- and that's how I lost my 20 lbs so far. (don't be disappointed if you GAIN weight this month- it's typical! I gained 5 lbs my first month at Curves- but lost 17.75 inches so obviously I was making muscle and toning up) let us know how you do!

I think I probably posted it somewhere but here's my results
Month 1- lost 17.75 inches, gained 4.75 lbs
month 2- gained 2 inches, lost 4 lbs
month 3- lost 2.75 inches, no lb change
month 4- lost 10 inches, lost 11.5 lbs
month 5- gained .25 inch, lost 8.5 lbs

month 4 is when I started dieting and exercising- it was all exercise before and eat whatever I wanted.

congrats on taking the first step- stick with it!

KAR73
12-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone,
I am glad to see that the thread is being used again. I had been posting on it alot in the spring and summer. But than people got busy and stopped posting on it and I felt silly posting on it without any real communication with other Curves members.
My name is Kerry. I am 31 years old and live in Southeast Ohio. I have three wonderful, active stepchildren. A little girl who is 8 and twin boys who are 6. It was because of them that I started to diet and workout to lose my excess weight. They were so active that they were wearing me out really quick. So I started to diet and workout at home. But a year ago, I joined Curves right after Christmas. I love it! It is such a fun workout. Plus you get to talk with wonderful people who are in the same boat that you are in. Since I have joined I have lost 20 inches and 15 pounds. It is a great stress reliever after a long day at school. I am a multihandicap teacher for grades 5-8 in my school district. My 7 students keep me hop all day long.
I have been at this point that I get down to 204 or 206 and then I gain a couple pounds back. I really think it is a mind set and I am working hard to bust through it and get in the land of onederland by the end of Dec. I currently weight 206 3/4 pounds as of my weigh in at TOPS on Tuesday night.
Well I am off to go ride my excerise bike for a little bit and then use my gazelle. I was one of the first one's in to my Curves this morning before it was off Christmas shopping. So I feel tense and stressed out from shopping with my dh. So I think a little excerise should do the trick.
Talk to you all later.
Kerry

LeanneM83
12-11-2004, 10:26 AM
HI everyone!
I cant believe how much I am enjoying curves...my weight is literally sliding off me...(post pregnancy weight), but I am also on a very strict diet too...Just until I get back to normal...I only have 13lbs left until I get to my pre-pregnancy weight..yay! Although, I am feeling human again right now...hehehe
I probably forgot to mention I am in my best friends wedding on New years eve...ugh, she told me 2.5 months ago, after I had gained 60+lbs and was pregnant...so I am feeling the CRUNCH right now...BUT, amazingly enough, going to curves is making me less anxiety ridden about the holidays, soo that is a PLUS for me...

Just wondering how often everyone goes to curves..????.it is VERY hard for me to take a day off...
ALright, it snowed like crazy last night, so I am taking my kids sledding....Happy weekend to everyone.
Leanne
SW 204
SW 190 (when I came home from having baby)
CW 153 yay yaya yayay
gw 145 BY xmas
LONG TERM GOAL 125-130

KAR73
12-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi Leanne,
I go to Curves three to four times a week. I go on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays right after work. Then I might be able squeeze in a visit on Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings every once in a while. But than I also do my WATP tapes every morning before going to work. Plus I use my gazelle, excerise bike and dh's weight machine too. I know that you will be able to lose the 8 pounds by Christmas and you will look great on New Year's Eve for your friend's wedding. Enjoy your time sledding with your children today.
Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend.
Kerry

KandiceS
12-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Hi Leanne and Kerry!

Leanne- I go everyday- but I don't do anything else either though. congrats on the weight sliding right off! (mine is too) :D I lost another 6 lbs bringing me down to 179 but I don't want to post until I get weighed/ measured the 23rd.

I actually came to this thread again because I got an entry form today to be "Curves Sweetheart" you had to do the curves diet program and be an active member of the curves workout.
anyways- I'm not good with words so I'm hoping to get a little inspiration here- it's hard to put it in words what I get out of curves. It says "In a short essay, tell how the curves workout and permanent results without permanent dieting have helped you lose weight and keep it off! In addition tell us how your quality of life has improved"

I don't want to sound too cheesy- but it's simple- curves really does give you "the power to amaze yourself". I had never exercised formally (played soccer but never gone to a "gym") or dieted and didn't really believe that I could change myself. I was just going to go to see if it would work- basically to prove them wrong. All their success stories and all, I actually thought- no one can help me, even curves! "Those are skinny people already- not real women!" (on the posters) I didn't get too far with that :lol: because in the first month alone I lost 17.75 inches! "alright it's a fluke, I'll keep going..." and I'm still there 6 months later. it's the support of the women every day, the "borrowed willpower", seeing the change in them and them seeing the change in me. It's growing (or shrinking :lol: ) together; the conversations with women who are there for the same reasons you are; the family that believes in you even when you don't believe in yourself; the family that, when you hit a stumbling block that would normally stop you, picks you up, encourages you, and shows you a way around it.

The "diet class" was the same thing- women encouraging each other, which we don't do often enough nowadays. I'm sure I'm not the only woman that has had a negative thought about another woman. "those pants don't do anything for her!".... from the first Tuesday night get together that went out the window. I am honestly happy, encouraged, inspired, by all the women at curves and especially the ones that participated in the program with me during the six week challenge.

So those factors have helped me lose weight, and continue to lose, but what's encouraging me to keep it off, or to keep going? again it's the women- my Curves family. Just as these very women encourage and inspire me, they pass an imaginary torch along and now it's my job to encourage and inspire others who may have hit their personal stumbling block and need to be picked up or need to borrow some willpower for a while.

How does that sound? I don't know how to answer the how has your quality of life improved part.... suggestions? please?

LeanneM83
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone

Well, I just got back from Xmas vacation and I am DOWN in my weight...YAY....I was in a friends wedding on New years eve and I felt GREAT and I felt like I looked great too...
So tomorrow I am starting back at curves as I LOVE LOVE LOVE it...my body is responding so well to it...
Hope everyone had a great holiday and Lets hit the CURVE eh?? Back to the grind for me....

Leanne
CW 147

KandiceS
01-04-2005, 08:21 AM
I went to curves yesterday for the first time this year and OUCH! I had skipped a whole week because I was out of state on vacation- I tried the local curves there on Monday of my vacation but I didn't like it and they weren't friendly at all! so I didn't go back all last week. Man I was out of breath and sweating.

I love how my legs look though on the leg press and the quad machine (the one that you sit in and bring your legs up an down- I don't know what it's called).

My goal is at least 200 visits this year (I hit 100 visits from June 30th to Dec 26th) so my total visits will be right around 300 at the end of the year.

LeanneM83
01-04-2005, 01:37 PM
WELL, today was my first weigh in, as I have only joined curves on Nov 25th....so since then, (keep in mind I am on a strict diet too) my results made the ladies who work there say "HOLY #@&^".... ;)

I am down 15.5lbs
17 inches
down 3% body fat
YAY me!
I totally was good during the holidays.........Hope everybody is having an awesome day!

Leanne
CW 145.2

KandiceS
01-04-2005, 01:47 PM
WOW! AWESOME JOB! :cheer: Congrats!

What are you doing for a diet? I lost 17.75 inches my first month too- (but gained 4 lbs :( )

back to the diet- if your curves offers the supplements and diet class- I recommend it! I was drinking the shake as a meal replacement and doing the curves low carb plan....

LeanneM83
01-04-2005, 04:14 PM
aw thanks!

Yes, I am dieting too!....Very strict diet to get me here, now I am "normalizing" it...

Leanne

KandiceS
01-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Let me know how the "normalizing" goes... I've been normalizing mine too slowly- adding back potatoes and breads (last night I went grocery shopping and bought DH his favorite chips and dip- they're my favorite too and I had a bit more than I should have) and I'm still losing. (the bathroom scale was down 2 lbs this AM from yesterday AM) Wondering if it'll work for you too.

Yesterday I had 3 people at work who I don't normally speak to- I saw 1 in the mail room, 1 in the bathroom, and 1 came upstairs to get a paper I had for her and they all mentioned that they wanted to tell me I was looking good. Boy does that help! Back to Curves today at lunch time. I'm so lucky to have that support- I actually invited them all to our wedding (the 4 women that work there) and saw one at the grocery store- she said don't tell but she thinks that Kim is going to close for a couple of hours so everyone can go to the wedding! Awesome!

LeanneM83
01-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Thats awesome....your wedding is soon approaching...I was just in my best friends wedding...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I am sooo glad I got married already...lol...although, when I reach my goal weight about 125-135, hubby and I want to re-do our wedding pics....and get some new ones done...I was 3 months prego and overweight and dh was overwieght too...so now that he looks good and I am getting there, I think we should get a photographer to take pics, which also means I will get another wedding dress eh? (yay!)
Leanne
CW 144.4

KandiceS
01-05-2005, 10:09 AM
:lol: Of course a new wedding dress! I've heard a lot of comments- "I wouldn't want to do that again- all the planning and everything" but it's not really bad :?: Of course we've been engaged for 11 months already of a 13 month engagement and I bought (my dad bought) my wedding dress 16 days after getting engaged and we reserved the chapel and reception hall that same weekend so I've had 8 months probably of not really doing anything. Our invitations only took us one evening to do- that included folding them and putting them all together and addressing them. we made centerpieces one evening too. It's all coming together and I'm so excited!

I know I won't be at my goal weight- 25 lbs in 2 months doesn't seem possible right now- it's coming off more slowly now. I hope to be at goal by my birthday though. I set a goal of 165- 10 lbs heavier than final goal for my bday- but hopefully I can make it and beat it. Chris is going to take me for a weekend in NY for my bday and we're going to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway one night, so of course I need a cute little black dress that looks good and not just hides my body. I would love to wear a size 10 then- or even a size 8- my final goal.

Curious as to whether this is happening to you too... the more weight/ inches I lose, the more I want to show off my body- not stripping or anything :lol: but you know, wearing tighter clothes, that shows me instead of just hiding under big sweatpants and sweaters. Probably because I never got a chance to have cute clothes growing up- I was always big for my age- wearing a size 16/18/20 all through highschool- and we all know that they just don't make "cute" clothes that big.

LeanneM83
01-05-2005, 11:32 AM
LOL- I SOOOO know what you mean about the clothes...although after each of my kids was born, my goal was to fit back into my little clothes again, and every time I am soooooo c lose, I get prego again...so since I have had my LAST baby (3 kids in 4 years), I still have brand new clothes in my closet...I am soooooo excited to wear them again...BUT, I must say there are many stores now that are starting to carry some, as you said "cute bigger" clothes, which helps a lot...I know I wore sweats the last part of my pregnancies because that was all that would fit...and right after baby was born, so it a nice change to be able to wear "cute" clothes again.
Thats awesome about your wedding....most times it is soooooooooo stressful planning eh? I was so very lucky we let my mother in law plan it, so she'd call as ask us random questions, but we basically just had to "show up"...She did a wonderful job, I think she did everything I would have done myself...so it was a win-win for everyone. Although, looking back on pics now, hubby and I wish we had looked better and felt more comfy in our own skin...I think for our 10th anniv (in 6 years) we may re-new our vows and have a HUGE party...something to look forward too...
Do you have kids??
Keep up the good work, talk to you soon
Leanne

KandiceS
01-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Sounds awesome about renewing your vows- something to look forward to... I told Chris for our anniversary one year I'd like to go to CA to play Family Feud :lol: some anniversary present huh? he teases me says he doesn't have to do anything this year for our anniversary because we'll be on our honeymoon. Last year I rented the same cottage where we, um, consummated our relationship for the first time :lol: We're actually renting the cabins for the out of town guests to stay in for the wedding weekend- there's a main cabin with 4 rooms and 2 houses with 2 rooms each- when we showed Chris' mom the cabins she said "so this is where, ohhhh" :lol: (when we stayed there the first time, Chris asked his mom to watch Christopher for the night- so she obviously knew something was up- we hadn't spent a night together before)

I don't have any kids of my own, but Chris came with Christopher (Chris II) from his previous marriage. He's 11- soon to be 12. Good kid. Messy divorce and custody hearing and Chris finally said that he'd waived all child support if she would sign away her parental rights and she agreed. I obviously don't know everything that went on, but that's what Chris has told me.... I could never do that- sign away my rights- Christopher's such a good kid. he was 4 when they divorced. She hasn't seen him since. We're looking into me legally adopting him after the wedding.

We'll try a little later on for a child of my own but right now we can't without doctor's help- long history of problems for both of us- me mostly though, so once the money is available then we'll start thinking about it. I'm so glad I have Christopher though.

Exercised today- 3rd time this year... workout #104... Thought about putting 25 cents or 50 cents in a jar every time I workout this year and then taking the money (only like $50- $100) and buying myself something little to celebrate. Some women were talking today- there's 3 sisters, they have a "fat jar" they all put in $10 a week and the sister that lost the most weight that week gets it. and then if they gain weight, you have to pay $1 for every lb you gain. sounded like a good idea.

Did you go today?

LeanneM83
01-05-2005, 06:06 PM
aw, that sounds awesome about going on a honeymoon...I never got one, but am going to wait a few years when the kids are older....
Yes, divorce with kids must be sooo hard, I have never been through it, but I can imagine it is painful for everyone involved...yet, good thing for you is you have a child without having the labor and delivery...hehehe
I just got back from curves, I went with 2 friends of mine, who actually live on either side of me...so weird we live 3 houses in a row, so it seems fun for us to carpool and go together...I usually go in the morning, but they cant so sometimes I wait and go with them...
You will have a baby when your body says it is the right time...I've heard from some people that the harder it was for them to get prego the more they cherished every moment of pregnancy...It was TOO easy for me to get prego and thus I DREADED every minute of it...I looked forward to labor becuase I was a terrible prego...hehehe....(hubby just got a vasectomy, and I have 2 boys and my girl so I have everything I could ever want)
Keep up the good work!
Leanne

dabrat
01-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi ladies I just saw that there was a Curves area and wanted to pop in. I joined Curves on Monday had my first work out Tuesday and I went back today for my second workout. I feel like such a klutz doing some of the machines! I have to read the little signs on the floor to remember how to do it the right way. I am amazed at how hard it actually is to do. I had to laugh at myself and how the 70 year old lady was kicking my butt along with her friends. I must say that the ladies that I have met all have been encouraging and very helpful. How long did it take both of you to get the total hang of it and not feel like a dork?
Oh my name is Daphne, I am 40 years old, married with 2 step kids and a son from a prior marriage. How long have you all been doing Curves and how well do you both like it?
Daphne

LeanneM83
01-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Welcome Daphne...
I love curves, I have been going since Nov25th...before that I would spend an hour or more in the gym every day, but I have 3 kids so it wasnt very time efficient..My kids are 3.5, 17 months and 3 months old. I am VERY happy with curves and think it is great.
I TOTALLY love seeing the older woman working out, they are so cute...there is this one woman who always wears jeans and a turtleneck, but she is like 80 and soo funny...
I love when it is packed at our curves , it makes time FLY and you dont really realize how hard you are working out.
Congrats on joining. I think youll love it!

Leanne
SW 204 ( day before dd was born sept 21)
190 ( 2 days later, came home from hosp)
CW 143.5
GW 125-135 (where ever I am comfortable)

KandiceS
01-07-2005, 02:12 PM
welcome daphne! I've been going to Curves since June 30, 2004. (106 workouts as of today) The hardest part for me was making myself go the first couple of weeks. After that my day isn't compete without going.

I like seeing the women everyday too- friendships come easy when you start with the same goal. If you're interested and your Curves offers it I would sign up for the weight loss class- "permanant results without permanent dieting" I really got a lot out of that. If you got a member guide it basically just follows the diet plan in the book, (eating what you want- you don't have to eat what they use for examples). I know that 3 of my closest curves friends came out of that class with me for 6 weeks. it's great seeing the difference in them.

once again, congrats on making the first step- I hope you enjoy it! (and post back with your losses!)

oh and I'm 24, soon to be married, as you can see from an above post and my goals (March 5) and am getting 1 stepson, age 11 (almost 12) from Chris' previous marriage. His mother is no longer in the picture and after we get married we're starting the process of me adopting him legally.

dabrat
01-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Hi Leann and Candice I didn't get to go to Curves today. I had planned on it but had to many errands and then an appointment to do before the kids got home from school. I thought that DH was going to be home early but now he may not be home to real late. I am going to go tomorrow morning though. I am amazed that I was kind of bummed at not being able to go look like a dork today!:lol: What machine do you bloth like the best and the least? I do not like the squat machine that kills me, I love the leg pushing one the best. I noticed that my right leg is a lot weaker then my left leg.
I will post tomorrow after my workout when Iget a chance and thanks for talking to me!
Daphne

KAR73
01-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi Leanne,Kandice and Daphne,
I use to post on here all the time. Then people stopped posting, so I stopped dropping by. So it good to see that the site is active again. I started Curves on Dec.29,2003. I enjoy going there. It is a great stress reliever after a long day at work. I am a Special Ed. teacher of special needs students who are in the middle school grades. I have made it my goal this year to go to Curves 4 to 5 times a week. I lost 13 pounds last year at Curves. So my goal this year is to either double that or reach my goal weight. I am a stepmommy to three little ones. Twin boys' who are turning 7 soon and a little girl who turns 9 soon. So they keep me hopping. Now that I see this board active again, I will have to remember to keep checking in with you all. Well I better go and do something productive around the house. Talk to you all later. Have a great weekend!
Kerry

KandiceS
01-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Daphne- my favorite machine is either the leg press or the one that you sit in and you bring your legs up and down? know what I'm taking about? I love looking at my quads when I do that one- I HAVE QUADS NOW! :lol: seeing them flex in and out, very cool- and the glut press (an "extra" machine- really firms the tush and pushes it up).
least fav- yup, the squat. You get used to it though. we only go 2ce around so I make sure I usually start by that machine and then when I do it twice- I still have almost a full circuit to look forward to- phew that's done! :lol:

Kerry- congrats on the 13 lbs loss! :cheer: My goals for this year is reaching my goal weight- I only have about 25 more lbs to go (I have to update my ticker), go to curves at least 4-5 times a week, and lose 30 inches. The inches are hard to "goal" for though- they just sorta happen (at least to me they do)

LeanneM83
01-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey Curves ladies
Lets see my fav machine, has to be the inner outer thigh machine...thats a hard area for me...I love/hate the squat machine too....at our curves we have to go around three times, and by my second time around, I always forget how much I have left, I swear one of these days Ill go around 4 times....totally by accident.
I am going away for the night, I have a root canal tomorrow morning so we are staying at a hotel near the dentist overnight. (should be fun with 3 young kids)
So Happy Monday to everyone

Leanne
CW 142.2

dabrat
01-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Oh Leann I do wish you the best of luck and a pain free time at the dentist! I love the inner outer thigh machine as well. I was shocked to notice that my right thigh is a lot stronger than my left thigh or visa versa. We are supposed to go around 2 times at my Curves but I am going to start going 3 times around. The lady that is like in her 70s goes around 4 dang times. She is just a doll. I always mess up on placing my hands the wrong way and the machine that you sit at but turn body a bit and have hands crossed. :lol: She comes to my rescure each time. We get a new machine this week I think she said one for walking. How many machines does your Curves have?

Kandice do you ever go more than 2 times around? Congrats on the wonderful weight loss. I will love being in onederland. Do you have any wedding day butterflies? What are your honeymoon plans? How did your weekend go?

Kari congrats on the 13 pounds gone! How superb that must feel! I give you much admiration for being a special needs teacher. My step daughter Megan is 13 and functions along the range of 6 to 18 months of age. She also had LGS (multi seizures) and is diagnosed as A typical Retts which I feel she has more Autistic traits. I have been in her class for a party and meetings and the kids exhaust me! Kudos to you for doing it! It is also hard to be a step mama. Congrats on posting here again and keep posting with me please!
Oh Leann I just noticed that your daughter and I have the same birthday! Well the same day just 40 years different!
I didn't get to do Curves on Saturday DH was in a mood and I had a Pampered Chef party to attend and then grocery shopping after the party. It was frustrating being as I wanted to go to Curves and it seemed like anything and everything was trying to stop me. So my goal this week is to go to Curves each day this week. What is weird is I was not sore until Sunday afternoon. Today I was able to feel the muscles being used and they are tender today. I am going to sit in the hot tub later today. I was getting leg cramps last night but belive that with me doing Curves and being on blood pressure meds that added to the leg cramps. Thankfully I felt them coming on and stretched my legs before they cramped up.
I am trying to eat healthier and adding a lot more vegetables to my diet. Water is normal for me and I have had just 1 diet coke in 7 days! Now I need to work on more water and less Crystal Light!
Daphne

KAR73
01-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi Daphne, Kandice and Leanne,
Hope all is well with you ladies today. I know with the new year being here it is very easy for me to stay on top of my weight loss goals by eating right and excerising daily. Or atleast I try very hard to do both of those items. LOL
Leanne, I hope your denist appointment goes well for you today. I hope that you are not in a lot of pain when you are done with your root canal. Hope all goes well for you and your family today.
Kandice Congrats on having quads now! I am starting to see my stomach slim down. So I know what you mean!
My favorite machine would have to be the glute machine since it is firming up my backside. LOL. My least favorite machine is the squat machine. But I am getting use to it.
Daphne it is nice to have the bond with another stepmom. I find it hard at times to find an equal balance between being the kids stepmom and their friend. I guess that I will develop this over time. How long have you been a stepmom? I have been one for a year. But I have known the kids for 3 years now.
Well I better go and get my kids ready to go to gym class. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

dabrat
01-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Good morning Kerry.I have been in the family for almost 6 years. I moved in with Jason 4 months after I left my ex. We got married almost 3 years ago, Valentines day is our 3rd anniversary. I just kind of started out day one as step-mom. It is hard at times but I wouldn't trade the kids for nothing. How did you lose 55 poundsandhow long did that take? How tall are you? I am 5'3" and would love to see 125 but I think 135 will be more realistic for me.
I was going to go to Curves as soon as DD left but the weather has other ideas. My van is frozen over and I will not freeze my butt off to deice it I can wait an hour or so.
I will post later again today after curves.
Daphne

KandiceS
01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Daphne,
I never go more than 2 times around- they actually told us not to. Proven that you don't need to and it doesn't do you any good. that's what our women said.
You will love onederland- it's great!
No butterflies yet- 53 more days today! we're going to Bahamas- a cruise on carnival. neither of us have been on a cruise and we got the penthouse suite for us. :)

PS- I'm a stepmom too ladies! to a SS age 11- soon to be 12. he doesn't have a mom- she signed away parental right when he was 4, so at least I don't have to worry about the "other mom". So in a lot of ways, we're a normal biological family!

KAR73
01-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi Daphne,
I have just cut out the pop, fatty foods and fried foods from my diet. I just watch what I eat and drink lots of water, milk and iced tea. Plus I try to workout at Curves three to four days a week. Then five days a week I do a walking video in the mornings before I get ready for school. So that is how I lost the 55 pounds so far. Plus also two years ago, I joined TOPS. It is a weight loss support group. In fact, I have to go to it tonight. I go once a week and get weighed. By the way, I am 5'3" too. So it looks like we have a lot in common. My stepkids are a great bunch of kids. I feel sorry for them at times, because my dh and I do everything with them. We go to their practices and games and their mom only goes once in awhile. Plus we do a lot of stuff with them when we have them with us. She tends to just take them out to eat alot and watch movies with them. We are constantly on the go with them, playing with them and taking an interest in their education. Hope you were able to go to Curves today. I was there last night and put in a great workout. I usually go on M,W, Th, and F or Sat.
Leanne hope all is well with you after your root canal today. :)
Kandice hope you are having a great day today!
Check back with you all later to let you know about my WI tonight at TOPS.
Have a great evening.
Kerry

dabrat
01-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Oh Kari I wish you the best of luck at weigh in tonight. I did not get to go to Curves today at least not yet. I had aload of errands to do before megan got home and not it is already after 3 here. I don't know if DH will be able to come in while I go or not. Maybe I will just hope on the treadmill and walk for 30 minutes. Honestly I have a cold and am thinking of taking a nap.:lol:
My stepkids birth monster left when Robert 10 was just 3 months old. DH was working 3 jobs then to pay for diapers and formula and clothing for the kids. Birthmonster lives in Riverside CA and we are in Washingtom so she does not see them much. Even when we are down her way she wont bother to come and see them. She will call me to chat when the kids are in school:shrug: Now Ijust tell her I am busy and she can call back after Robert gets home from school. She pays no child support, and we were told by 3 shrinks that it was in Roberts best interest to disown birthmonster. She loves to play head games with Robert. She is stupid because she will get me going and I am not a good one to tick off. I am very protective of the kids. I do not put up with her c*** and she doesn't like it. She and her mother told me that I was just the step mom that I was not truly their mother. HAHAHAHAHA:lol::lol::lol: SHe hita nerve there and we had a hugh blow out. She learned then that if I or Jason decide to, that she will never ever see or hear from the kids again until Robert is 18. DH has full custody:yes: and she has nothing:nono:not even visitation.:lol: Oh yea did I say I can be very mean?:lol:
OK I am off to walk or sleep I am not sure what one yet. Chat laters!
Daphne

KAR73
01-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Just dropping in real quick to let you all know that I lost 1/4 of a pound this past week. I have had a really long day at school and then sat through an hour long TOPS meeting tonight, so I am off to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great Wednesday!
Kerry

KandiceS
01-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Kerry- congrats! a loss is a loss! pretty soon you'll be in onderland! :cheer:

:lol: "birth monster" :lol:
No problems with the birthmonster here- haven't heard from her in years! Worried about a backlash when they put our marriage license info in the paper- she still lives in MIL's town and we were getting our license there. but so far so good- nearly 2 years, that I know of with no contact.

Daphne, I'm sure you don't need my reassurance, but still, you are more of the mom then she'll ever be to Robert!

KandiceS
01-12-2005, 10:03 AM
oh an PS- I really don't feel like going to Curves today but I made myself put the bag in the car today for lunch time. have to go to curves, have to go to curves.... Can't go after work- we have church tonight.

dabrat
01-12-2005, 03:51 PM
:lol: Kandice tgat us what I was saying. I don't wanna go to Curves. I woke up with a bad cold and fought with DH so went back to bed and slept 2 more hours. Well around 11:30 I said OK woman u have to go. Guess what? When I got there it was not so bad!:cp: Now I have done my Curves and have it out of the way. I am ready to have my lunch so I am a happy camper! Oh I want to hear how Curves went for you today!
Kerry congrats:bravo: on the 1/4 pound. A loss is a loss remember. If you had gained 1/4 that would of had you up 1/2 pound so losing 1/4 is great! Did that make sense?
Daphne

KandiceS
01-12-2005, 06:03 PM
I went at lunch time- 12:00- saw Vicky- my inspiration. she was in my diet class and I hadn't seen her since diet class ended. they put up a kite for her- she lost 40lbs and 37 inches and I was amazed. I wanted to see her!!! well finally saw her today and :eek: wow- she looks good. she has about 70 more lbs to go I guess, but man she looks good. and the best part about it is when she went to the dr before he told her she was boarderline diabetic and she was going to need meds if nothing changed. she went back and she's not boarderline anymore. she still needs to watch obviously but still. that's a great accomplishment!

and I felt incredibly shallow next to her- I'm losing weight for my wedding. I mean, I need to lose weight anyways but the wedding was a huge motivator but I didn't have any health problems per se.

KAR73
01-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Evening Ladies,
My day went okay. I was off plan eating wise today due to my TOM starting today. But I made myself really go into Curves tonight to workout. I am so glad that I did. Cause now I am not wanting to snack all evening. In fact, I am waiting on my dh to get done with his dinner so we can go for a walk.
I know what you both mean about not wanting to go today to Curves. I had to make myself go tonight.
Well my dh is done eating so I best head out the door. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

KandiceS
01-13-2005, 09:32 AM
ugh- TOM... supposed to make an appearance today- and up 2 lbs on my bathroom sale. hopefully just the water weight and i'll be back down in a couple days.

planning on going this afternoon- I'm getting out of work at 12 to take care of "dh" he's sick and I'm worried about him- never seen him this sick before. I'll leave him alone for 30 minutes like 3 pm or something and go over.

hadn't missed a day yet this year- M-F at curves. I don't go saturdays. well on my way to exercise at least 200 times this year- I'm at 8, and number 9 today.

Have a great day!

LeanneM83
01-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey Ladies

Turns out I went all the way to the specialist and he CANNOT do a root canal on my tooth because there is barely any tooth left...ugh, so now I am having to go and get it pulled- yikes!
Kerry- Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work!
Kandice- Never feel bad about what you use as motivation, thats why motivation works the way it does, what you are working towards may not be what someone else is, but totally works for you... My Motivation is 1) all the clothes in my closet 2) I dont want to look like I just had a baby (she is 3.5 months now and 3) I can do more with and for my kids when I feel good and feel I look good... somewhat shallow forms of motivation but they totally work for me.
I also love that curves has people of ALL shapes and sizes....
I have decided that next week I will start my running training on my "off curves" days....so my last pounds will hopefully MELT off...lol
Happy Thursday to everyone!
Leanne
CW 141.6
Holy Cow I just realized that is now 62lbs gone for me, 10-16.6 lbs left!!

KAR73
01-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Hi ladies,
It has been a very bad day for me today. I thought something was stolen from my classroom today that I used with one of my most severe special needs student's. So that set my world on it's ear. Then the kids were just awful today because of the nice spring like weather and all the rain we got. On top of this one of my co-worker's tried to start in on me about how to do my job. Then I came home from school and called one of my traveling coworker's to tell her that the item was missing from my room. She informed me that it was in her office at school. So I felt really stupid after the some students were questioned. Then we were to have someone come to our house to meet with us this evening about a home loan. They never showed up and my dh had to call and ask where they were. They said that they were never planning on making the appointment tonight. So by this time Curves is already closed for the evening and I really need to blow off some steam. So I guess here in a little bit, I might go ride my excerise bike. But through it all I didn't go and eat my way through the stress. So I guess that should be a plus. I will definately go to Curves tomorrow evening though.
Kandice how is your dh? I am sorry to hear that he is sick. Hope you were able to make it to Curves today.
Leanne how painful for you. Plus how upsetting that you went to all the trouble to see the specialist to get that kind of news. When will they pull the tooth?
Daphne hope all is well with you.
Well ladies I need to go and run to the store for some milk for in the morning. I will chat with you all tomorrow. Have a great Friday!
Kerry

dabrat
01-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh Kerry I am so sorry for you having such a bad day. It sure does seem that when it rains it pours. Did you get on that bike tonight or not?
:cp::bravo:Leanne congratulations on losing all that weight! What a wonderful thing to have done. Just think you lost an 8 year old!:lol:
Kandice wow what a great thing to go to Curves each week day. I have gone Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and plan on going tomorrow and Saturday. I hope that DH is feeling better and not being to much of a baby!
OK I have good news I weighed in at Curves today for my own record and I am down 5 pounds. That makes it 13 pounds I have lost now since November. I didn't gain over the holidays I just had no appetite so that made it nice not to gain and to actually lose some weight. To reach my goal I have to lose 5 more pounds by the 31st. I didn't know I could do that until I saw another lady do it today!
Daphne

LeanneM83
01-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Kerry
Oh how terrible of a day...I really hope todayis a MUCH better day for you...and I agree when things go wrongbest thing to do is not eat your problems away but work them off...110% works for me.
Daphne- awesome on the loss....especially considering the holidays and pre-holidays were in there...GOOD FOR YOU!!!
I have to lose 4.5 lbs this month so I get my "curves" t shirt...yay! I was so used to wearing my hubby's t shirts and now they are too big for me. He keeps telling me how little I look, but I think he forgets what that I really am little when I am not having babies...lol....
Happy Friday to everyone!

Leanne
CW 141.6

KandiceS
01-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Leanne- pull the whole tooth?! ouch! thoughts are with you! :lol: at the t-shirts! yup- me too! I have tons of X-large shirts for "back in the day". I've been thinking of baggin them all up. or even making a quilt with them. Alot of them are free- from the March of Dimes walks I've done for 11 years now, or sports tshirts, or concerts I went to.... I've been ordering my curves tshirts L and now I think I need a medium. Do you have "Curves cash"? that's how we "buy" our tshirts and other things.

Kerry- what an awful day- and the home loan people with no intention of showing up?! I hope you use a different company now!

Daphne- congrats on the 5 lbs! - 5 more lbs, you can do it!!

Chris is feeling a little better- he still has cold sweats alot- he's cold to the touch but that "calmy" feeling. I actually had to change the bed this AM because he sweat so much last night. Called him this AM to see how he's doing and he said, the big wigs just made their way around and told everyone that they were working 7 days a week- starting tomorrow. The paint area was demolished in the fire (don't know if I put it in this post- his factory had a fire tuesday afternoon, started in the paint area, he's a painter)- the only thing that survived is a sample paint room but it's tiny and they can only paint 1 piece at a time. I don't know how well thought out the plan is- sure they get the orders out instead of contracting it out but they're paying these guys time and a half. Painters are not cheap- well they pay them good at least. It's good in one way- $$$ coming in but I hate that chris won't ever get a day off. they're going to do it until they're rebuilt- told them about 3 months. Poor Chris.

Have a great weekend!

Rainbow Brite
01-14-2005, 11:45 AM
So is Curves considered weight training? If so, do you think it's enough or should one do more weight training than just that?

KandiceS
01-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Katy- first love your name- Chris' family has history of naming "Caty"s there's one like every other generation and I love the name- if we have a girl- it's going to be Caty- there hasn't been any for a while.

curves is resistance training. I don't do anything besides curves and I'm seeing muscle develop- I have quads now! :cheer:

KAR73
01-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi Ladies,
Yesterday went much better for me. I went to school and faced all the people with a smile on my face and acted like nothing ever happened. Then I came home and got my workout clothes and went to Curves. Last night my dh and I went out for dinner at a nice little Mexican restuarant. I think I am shocking him on how dedicated I am to losing my extra weight. Because I had to keep switching back and forth on my order because I didn't want to get something that would be fattening and then break my healthy eating habit. On the way home we stopped at the video store and got two movies. We laughed so much while watching Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again that our sides and stomaches hurt. I know my stomach still hurts as I type this. This morning I got up and went to Curves and put in a great workout. Then came home and got ready for the twin's basketball party. My dh was their coach so we had a pizza party for them at the local pizza palor. I was a good girl though. I called and ordered a chef salad and eat that. I did eat two pieces of pizza too. But I thought if I had the salad then I would n't go hog wild on the pizza. The birthmonster ticked me off though. It is her weekend with the kids and she told us yesterday that she would take the kids to the party. So we didn't make plans to take them with us today. She dropped them off at the house 20 minutes before the party and said that she would be back for them. She needed to go shopping. So not only did we have to set up the party we had to make sure the kids didn't get out of hand. She came to the party 45 minutes late and then never talked with any of the other parents or the kids. I just think that is so rude! But atleast other people see that I am there for the boys and will go out of my way to support them. That is one of the reasons I am working to lose my weight and become more healthier. The twins and my stepdd are very active little kids and I wasn't able to play with them for very long without getting tired. Plus we like taking them to the local county fairs in the summers and ride a few rides with them. Two summers ago, they wanted to ride the swings and I told them that I would ride it with them. I got in the swing but the bar wouldn't close over my stomach, so I had to get off the ride. It broke my heart having to tell the kids that I couldn't ride the swings with them. So I decided then and there to work to get the weight off. I think that this is going to be my year of reaching my goal weight.
Thank you for all the words of encouragement the other day. That was very sweet of you. I am blessed to have found such a wonderful group of Curves pals!
Kandice glad to hear that Chris is feeling a little bit better. That is awful about the fire at work. What kind of plant does he work for? That isn't fair to make them work 7 days a week just to get their orders out. I am sure that there has to be people out there that would help them with the work until they rebuild.
Daphne congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome! Keep up the great work.
Leanne had to laugh about the tshirt's. I am finding out that I have the same problem too with my shirts. I have even been able to steal a few of my dh's since I am able to fit into them now. Before he didn't want me borrowing them because I might make them a tad bit bigger in the chest area and he didn't want them stretched out in that area. LOL I told him that just because I had a large chest didn't mean that he would have to grow breasts to wear his shirts after I had wore them. Now that I have you all rolling with laughter, I think I am going to go. I need to start thinking about something for dinner. I don't know what we even have in the kitchen right now. So it might be a while before I can even sit down for dinner. Wish me luck finding something good. :)
Have a great evening!
Kerry

KandiceS
01-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Kerry- glad to hear that friday was a bit better. You're right about the birthmonster- you'll come out shining in the end.

Chris works for an electrical enclosure company- they make electrical fuse boxes and the big gray utility boxes. he worked saturday and I guess they did all they could and the boss told them to take off sunday this time.

I didn't get a chance to work out friday- late lunch and then I just wanted to go home at 5- but I worked out saturday. Got myself some new sweatpants because my other ones I was having to tie super tight or they'd fall off. Saturday was a good day for me- went to walmart and the grocery store EARLY and then returned a couple movies and then worked out and was home by 11 am. I love feeling accomplished. so I'm still on track on my curves goal of 200 visits this year. I'm at visit #111 I believe. I'm trying for 20 a month and then it'll get me to 240 visits.

dabrat
01-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone hope you are all having a grea tday today. I went to Curves and got a good workout I will be sore in the morning I am sure. They tightened up the hydrolics today. So the machines were all a lot harder to use. I was thinking dang 2 days off and I am this out of it?:lol:It was nice to break a sweat and most there were sweating as well. Oh there was one lady had a small upper body and a hugh lower body can we all say baby got back?:lol: Gee that was not nice of me but dang ladies this was so off it was funny. Oh it was made worse being as this lady wore skin tight bottoms 2 sizes to small and a tiny tee that she kept lifting to wipe sweat off her face.
Kerry so sorry that Birthmonster is showing her colors. Just be tehre for the kids and be proud that you are so much a better mama to then than she is.
Yea Kandice on the 11th workout this month. I am number 8 I think? My first 2 didn't get enterered into the machine being as I didn't know I was to scan my key.:nono:
Leanne and why wouldn't dh want 2 bumps in front of him?:lol: COngrats on the smaller tees what a fun thing to happen!
Daphne

LeanneM83
01-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Happy Monday Ladies...
On FRIDAY I went running on the treadmill....I used to run 2-4 times a week b4 I joined curves, so this was my first time running in almost 2 months...It took me Saturday and sunday to get over it- man, I was SO sore. BUT, now I will be incorporating Running into my weekly exercise...Curves M, W, Fr, running Tues, Thurs and sat or sun. I am BOUND and DETERMINED to get these last 16lbs off BEFORE summer AND pick my race to run....Seems like I am going to have to wait until the end of MAY but I will more than be READy for it.
Daphne- I gotta tell you about these 2 older ladies at curves, they both wear JEANS and TURTLENECKS to work out in...It is funny, but they are so adorable..and yes, we have some of those ODDLY shaped, too-tight clothes wearing people. Sometimes, I wish I was one of those people who would say something like "WHAT NOT TO WEAR" but I dont think I would ever have the BALLS to do it...lol

Hope everyone is having a great day...
Leanne
CW 141.6 :lol:

dabrat
01-18-2005, 02:43 AM
Wow Leanne you are a bundle of energy and then some. I would love to be able to run but not at this weight! I might cause an earthquake:lol: Oh my gosh I am :lol: at the what not to wear comment. The worse part was her lifting her **** to wipe the sweat off face and boom there it is her sports bra and her lumpy tummy. I bet she wears a string bikini at the beach too. Oh and on the maintaining boards she was doing this jump and lift a leg bending it forwards thing and she made MY back hurt. I was fasinated watching her!
OK hubby is leaving tomorrow for the day and then will leave Wednesday and not be hone until the 28th of this month. I plan on kicking it into high gear with him gone. I can feed the kids fast stuff and not worry about making real dinners. They don't care what I make and I am sick of making steaks, salads, dessert, a side dish or 2, etc.
Have a great night everyone!
Daphne

KAR73
01-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi Ladies,
You all had me rolling on the floor with laughter about your Curves experience with people who wear interesting outfits to workout in. There is one lady who is very large and wears tight little spandex pants (white one's at that to workout in) and tank tops to workout in at my Curves. The first couple of times she was in there I was shocked that it didn't seem to bother her that she was dressed like that. I mean you saw all her cottage cheese on her backside and legs. So that must be the twin for the one lady at your Curves Daphne. I went to Curves yesterday and got weighted and measured for the month. I lost another pound, another inch in my thighs and dropped 0.10% in my body fat. So I was happy with the results. I have to go to TOPS tonight and get weighed in there and I am hoping to have lost some weight this past week. I just haven't felt like eating as much here lately. I guess that is a good thing but sometimes I have to remind myself to eat a little something. Well I am here at school for an inservice and they just called about lunch so I will be back to chat with you all this evening.
Have a great day!
Kerry

KandiceS
01-18-2005, 11:55 AM
way to go Kerry! I get weighed the 27th and I can't wait! I know I lost at least 6 lbs this month and who knows how many inches... the last time my body fat went up .5% so I'd like to get that back down again too...

I'm leaving in 6 minutes to go to curves today- number #12 this year...

KAR73
01-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Evening Ladies,
Hope everyone had a wonderful day today! I am on cloud nine right now. I weighted in at TOPS tonight and weighed in at 200.8 pounds. I lost 4 1/2 pounds by justing really watching what I eat, drinking more water and bumping up my excerise. I was this week's Biggest Loser for my group. Then we had an Oscar night for our Open House and I won an Oscar for losing the most weight in my weight division for last year. So that little trophy is sitting in the entertainment stand by my workout videos as a gentle reminder to push even harder to reach my goals. This is the year I am going to be at my goal weight and then work on maintaining it. Please remember that when I feel depressed and need my butt kicked.
I treated myself to a trip to Curves this afternoon. Since we didn't have students at school today I was home by 3:15, instead of my 5. So I went with one of my friends and we worked out. So it felt great to reward myself with a little extra excerise. Well I am starting to get sleepy so I am going to close for now. Have a great day tomorrow!
Kerry

KAR73
01-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Snow day for me! Yeah I think I might wait for it to warm up a little bit more and then go into Curves this afternoon. Hope everyone is staying warm today! It is cold and we have about an inch of snow on the ground. But we still didn't have school today.
Take care,
Kerry

KandiceS
01-19-2005, 01:16 PM
snow flurries but nothing amounting to anything here in western NC. cold though! went to curves today- visit #13 this month!

KAR73
01-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi ladies,
I spent my day being entertained by my stepkids. They were a hoot today. We had to go out for a walk in the snow to try out our new snow boots we got for Christmas. I took them for a 30 minute walk around town. They were so cute. They wanted to make snow angels and I had to be a meanie and say no. We didn't have any dry pants for them at our house. They came home and had a mini snowball fight with me until we made it up to the front porch and then I made them come inside to get warm. I then got my stuff ready and went to Curves to workout. I felt bad because I went in earlier than I usually do since I didn't have school and here the one girl who works there was looking forward to my workout being the last one of the evening. Since they close at 7 and I usually get there anywhere from 6:30 to 6:45 to workout on Monday's and Wednesday's, then I wait and walk out with the ladies who are closing. But today I went in two hours earlier so I could go to my sdd's basketball practice. She wanted me to come watch her practice. She was so cute when she asked since I am usually never home on the evenings that she has practice. Now I am trying to talk myself into getting ready for bed, just in case we have school tomorrow.
So how is everyone this evening?
Kandice it looks like you will be reaching your mini-goal #2 here very shortly. Keep up the good work. You will reach it by the end of this month I bet! My next mini-goal is to be 175 by my birthday which is May 15th.
Daphne, sounds like you have a wonderful plan for while your dh is gone for a few days. Do you have a mini-goal weight that you would like to reach by the time he comes home as a surprise to him? I know that you can kick it and get it done.
Leanne how is your tooth? When do you have to have it pulled? I decided that once I got down to 200 pounds, I would start to run. So this spring when the weather is nicer I am going to start jogging. My dh keeps telling me that he will jog with me but I don't think I am ready to go jogging with him just yet. He is so quick that I wouldn't be able to keep up with him and then he would try to start a fight with me about my speed. I guess I will have to go running for a while by myself to get a comfortable pace and then ask him to join me. I have a challenge to myself that I would like to accomplish by the end of the summer if I do start to run. We have a bike path here in town and it goes out to a state lake. I would love to be able to run the entire length of the bike path to and from the lake. I think that would be a beautlfful setting.
Well I better go and get ready for bed. I am starting to get a little sleepy as I sit here and type to you all. Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Kerry

dabrat
01-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Hi ladies and I hope you all are well tonight. Wow Kerry is sounds like you had a wonderful day today. Look at all the calories that you burned in the snow. How did the sdd's practice go tonight? What are your plans to get off 25 pounds by May? I mean do you have anything specific in mind? Did you used to be a runner? Are you a runner or a jogger?
Kandice congrats on the 13th visit. Wow you havn't missed a day this month! Do you have a mini treat in mind if you make so many visits? Wow you are so close to your wedding day goal you are going to beat that goal and be on the way to your birthday goal!:cp:
Leanne how are you doing? Post and let us know how things age going.
I went to Curves today and had a hard to going today I mean a real hard time. I am on 7 hours of sleep for the last 2 nights so I was not a happy camper. I got there and it was OK. There were 2 visiting Curves employees there, learning our system I guess that is what they were doing, and they just sat there staring at us. It made me uncomfortable to be there today. I was glad that I went today and got it done with now I have to go the next 2 days for sure and see if neighbor can watch the kids Saturday so I can go then as well. I want to go all 6 days this week and next. Dang I am paying for it I may as well go 6 days each week.
My scale was up a pound today this morning and I think that is why I was in such a funk. It is supposed to go down right? If I gain with eatting 1500 calories average a day and doing Curves then dang I will be lost as how to lose weight.
OK I am off to watch American Idol.
Daphne

KandiceS
01-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Kerry- sounds like fun out in the snow! we still haven't had any snow this winter! When I was young in Maine, we always went sledding and my little brother and sister made snow forts at the end of our driveway where my dad piled the snow from the snowblower... and now- no snow!

Thanks for your kind words about my goal... I would love to be at goal by the wedding, but I'm eating more... today my weight at home (naked) went up a couple lbs.. to 176- so that means I'm about 180 with clothes on at Curves... But TOM just left too- excuses I know... I'm not updating my ticker because I want to see it gone in a couple days. I'm getting weighed/ measured the 27th so I'll probably update then...

my birthday- I would love to be at goal goal- 155 because we're going to NY to see Phantom of the Opera that weekend. I want to wear a nice dress and get all dolled up and feel good about myself. I already feel so much better than I did when I was 25 lbs heavier, more energy, confidence....

no rewards for going to Curves- just a new years resolution to go at least 200 times this year... I joined in june last year and had 100 visits in 2004- so double it for a full year...

mom2pittcrew
01-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Hi there... I am new here, and thought I would sound off here. I had my first Curves visit on Monday. Going early tomorrow morning with my Mom, and also on Saturday. we motivate one another to go, actually so that is a good thing.

My Curves is pretty good. There are a LOT of members, and we have a thing where if you have 12 visits in one month, you get a free month tacked on at the end of your year. So Mom and I are going to try to go for it. You have to do it for 12 months, I think ... I should check out the rules.

The person who took us around is a stickler for doing the exercises correctly, but she is also a little but overbearing, which doesn't mesh well with my mother's personality. But oh well... I am not there to win a popularity contest, am I? :cheer:

Thanks for letting me sound off! I will be back later on.

LeanneM83
01-20-2005, 04:32 PM
HI everyone, welcome Meredith...
Okay heres the story with my tooth....2 years (and 2 babies ago), I got a root canal...But, the temprorary filling broke off before I could get it fixed, so I then found out I was prego and had to put the whole thing of...so, needless to say I have a shell of a tooth, no feeling in it whatsoever and am NOW PROCRASTINATING about getting it pulled....I know I know, this is the year of taking care of myself...I'll have to kick my own arse into gear and just make an appointment right? yes, you are right!
Otherwise, I am officially back to running, as well as curves...I ran 5km yesterday in 37 minutes, which is BY FAR my best run EVER. SO it give me a starting point...but, I will be ready to run in no time...and ready for my race for SURE..
ALL of my clothes are starting to fit, in fact some are now getting too big, and holy cow my muscles feel AWESOME....I love that I have a year membership at curves because why pay for something if you arent going to use it? so that is extra motivation. lol
Kerry- I SWEAR running, for me is THE BEST way to lose weight...and I completely understand not wanting to run with your hubby, my hubby did an ironman competition last year , he can run way FASTER and FARTHER than me....in time, we'll run together...
Happy Thursday to everyone...
Leanne
CW 140.4..............GOTTA BREAK INTO THE 130'S SOON

dabrat
01-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Meredith welcome to our group here! I joined Curves on the 3rd of this month and I love it.:lol: At my Curves the 2 ladies I have met just walk around and talk to us or on the phone the whole time. I havn't had anyone really say do it this way except for the hand over hand machine that you twist on I had hands wrong way and then it was a fellow work outer person helping me. I had to learn on my own the right way for the most part. Too bad there isn't a middle ground there some where!
Leanne wow and congrats on that fast run! Mileage wise how far is that? I am to shy to job even when my weight is down 50 pounds lower being as I have a large... hugh..... humongous bosom. It hurts to run and get black eyes at the same time.:lol: When I get down to 175 I will start to jog and I will buy me an expensive jogging bra then!:cp: How fun to have clothing getting to big. I want out of my 22 jeans and into my 20s. Hahaha I want into my 14s!
I did Curves today and there was just 3 of us and then just the 2 of us. I loved it that way. Parking was a cinch and I could stay at a machine longer when I wanted to. I love the thigh machine.
I went to a groacery discount place today and I got a case yes I said a case of Boca burgers for $10.00. There is 56 patties in there. I love Boca burgers they are just to yummy to me.
Today I made me a banana, strawberry, lite orange juice smoothie. It was delicious:T:I did splurge and get me an Iced Caramel Maccioto from Starbusck though.OK i am rambling so I will chat laters,
Daphne

LeanneM83
01-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Daphne
When I have weight on, my boobs are quite large, and even now they are a C I still do the same thing...

WEAR 2 BRAS...

Sounds silly, BUT IT WORKS........Give it a shot!

Leanne

KAR73
01-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Evening Ladies,
Welcome Meredith! Well I actually got to go to school today and teach my class. My two aides didn't make it in though. I first thought oh Lord, I am going to have one of those days. But my kids were wonderful. We are getting pounded with snow right now, so I don't know if I will have school tomorrow. I was planning on going into Curves after school. But the weather changed that one for me. We have about 3 inches of fine snow on the roads and it is very slick out. So I will ride my excerise bike here in a little while.
Glad to hear that everyone is having a good day. I need to go and get my dh's copies made for him. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

LeanneM83
01-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Daphne

5km is about 3.2- 3.4 miles, I believe...

Leanne

KandiceS
01-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Welcome Meredith! Our women are strict on the machines too- but it's for your own good, so they target the muscles that they're supposed to target and so you don't get hurt.

12 visits= a free month! wow! I could go forever! Today will be my 15th visit this month already! we have curves cash and buy tshirts and gym bags and things like that with our money and 12 workouts in a month earns you $15 curves cash. most of the shirts are $75- 90 so it still takes a while. we have a trivia question of the day and if you answer it right then you get $2 and on fridays we play game- horseshoes, bean bag toss at the recovery station and you can earn another $10 if you do everything.

Daphne- I had D cups when I was 204- now I think it's about a C, (haven't changed bras though so I don't know for sure)... but I do wear 2 bras to curves. since I go at lunch time, I just wear my normal bra that I have one during the day and then I put a sports bra on top of it and then my tshirt. Keeps me from bouncing.

Kerry- I WANT SNOW!! school was delayed for 2 hrs this AM. we live in a "city" but it's a county school and there are some parts of the county that I'm sure had ice... we just got rain last night.

on the home front- Christopher (our 11 year old) is asking out a girl he likes today. He wanted to write her a note last night and was asking Dad and me what to write. He looked at me- said "you're a girl...." arggghhh! I don't want to start this already! Guess we'll find out the answer tonight.

KAR73
01-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Morning Ladies,
Snow day for me! I am waiting for my kiddo's to get here so we can go play out in the snow. We got 3 to 4 inches of snow and the streets are covered. I don't know if I will attempt to go into Curves this afternoon or not. I went 3 days already this week, so that wasn't bad. I think I will just workout at home.
Kandice, I was in a D cup when I was at my heavist weight. I still wear them too. I bought some new bras last spring and really haven't wore them yet. They were in a smaller cup size(C) and I guess I am just afaird that I will have to go back up a size. Does that make sense to you? I plan on wearing them though. Maybe I will start today. Hope all goes well with Chirstopher's note to the little girl. My one sds wants a girlfriend so bad he can't stand it and he is only 6 years old.
Hi Leanne, Daphne and Meredith! Hope all is well with you fine ladies. Have a great weekend!
Kerry

KAR73
01-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Evening Ladies,
So is everyone staying in where it is nice and warm? I did go out today long enough to play with the kids for about 30 minutes in the snow. We played football, made snow balls and went sledding down our little hill. I even went sledding down the hill four or five times. That is after the 1 1/2 hour workout I got this morning. I did 3 one mile walking videos with my sdd and then rode my excerise bike for 45 minutes. So I was really ready for the chili I helped my dh make for dinner tonight. Yesterday I did make a trip into Wal-mart and Curves. I had to laugh about my trip in Wal-mart though. All kinds of people kept staring at me and I came home and asked my dh about it. He said "Baby, they must have liked the body they were seeing. You are turning into a very beautiful person." So that made me feel really good. So now my reward to myself for when I reach 175 pounds is going to be getting a new hairstyle. The one girl who works in Curves had her sister in there yesterday with her. Her sister thought I was still in high school. I had to laugh and tell her the truth that in May I will be 32. But it did make me feel really good and is making me work harder to lose my weight. Well my kiddies are wanting to watch a movie and have some popcorn. SO I better go and get the stuff ready. Talk to you all later. Have a great weekend! Stay in where it is nice and warm.
Kerry

LeanneM83
01-23-2005, 04:58 PM
YAY YAY YAY YAY
139.6 today....the 130's are MINE - ALL MINE........YAYAY

I think my weight is slipping away because I am also running...and running builds some awesome muscle PLUS curves...WOW, lovin this HEALTHY ME!!!
My shoulders have never felt so good! YAY!!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!

Leanne

SW 204
SW 190 (2 days after baby)
CW 139.6
GW 125-130

KAR73
01-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Congrats Leanne on being in the 130's. That is awesome! Keep up the good work!
This morning I got up and did my gazelle for 45 minutes and then got ready for church. My sdd and I walked to church. There was only 18 of us there today. It was a nice service. This afternoon I went through my closet and a couple of my drawers and cleaned out my clothes that don't fit me anymore. I set them aside for a yard sale come this spring. It was fun going through the clothes and seeing how they don't fit me anymore. I think I am going to go and ride my excerise bike a little bit to warm up. I have gotten really cold after the sun went down. We are on a 2 hour delay at the moment. But I think that might change in the morning with the weather being so cold and the melted snow freezing over night. So I will check in with you all later. Have a great evening.
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
01-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Hello Daphne, Leanne and Kandice,
Where are you gals at? I miss chatting with you all. Tonight I have to go TOPS and I am hoping to weigh in less than 199.75 . If that is the case, then I will get my 30 pound pin. I was either .75 or 1 pound away from it last week. So I have worked really hard this week to get there. I went to Curves last night and put in a really great workout. Plus my Curves bought an ab lounger and I used last night. I can really feel my abs today! :) Well I will talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

KandiceS
01-25-2005, 04:16 PM
super busy at work- just checking in... congrats on the 130s Leanne, and to Kerry- you're right on the border- you'll be in Onederland soon! congrats!

I've been going everyday still- this was 16 or 17 for me, something like that... I really want to get to 300 visits this year...

Carrie- a trainer at curves- who's planning her wedding too- told me today that she notcied my loss a bunch today- and I have too- my size 14 pants are kinda loose. On one hand, I hate that I just bought them the day after Thanksgiving and they're too big already, but on the other hand, they're TOO BIG- not too small! and that means I can buy more clothes later on! :lol:

Have a great rest of the evening!

KAR73
01-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Cool news I am living in the land of onderland tonight. I lost 2 1/4 pounds this past week. I was so happy when I saw the number on the scales. Well I am off to bed. I have a long day tomorrow at school. But I am making it a point to start my day with doing a walking video and ending it with a visit to Curves. So it should be a nice day. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

KandiceS
01-26-2005, 10:58 AM
wow! :cheer: I was going to ask you how it went last night! terrific news! Alot more that you thought you would lose! bet 125 is looking closer now too. (180 was my personal part that I said- wow, 150 is right around the corner, instead of 50 lbs to lose, it's only 30!)

LeanneM83
01-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey Ladies

WOW, KERRY CONGRATS.thats more of a loss than you thought, AWESOME....I'm so very happy for you!

Kandace- it is SOOOO nice when clothes start getting BIG on us eh? Although it is equally as frustrating when they become too big......AHHH....I had a few items of clothes that I considered myself to be thin when I wore them, and now they are too big which is GREAT but annoying because I love them and want to wear them....BUT, an excuse to go shopping is always AWESOME...

Happy Day to everyone....No curves for me today Im "running girl" today!

Cheers!
Leanne
CW 139.4

dabrat
01-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone I am here just had a PC crash. They think it blew a fuse or somehting like that. It wont turn on after the power was stopped suddenly. I am still going to curves and loving it when I get there. I had no energy last couple of days but Aunt Flo is ready to visit.
Congrats on all the losers here what a great time to get to read your postings. I am sorry for being MIA but well no comp I can't post! Hopefully today or tomorrow the part will be here and it will work.
Daphne

LeanneM83
02-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey LAdies

Hope everyone is busy busy busy....dont foget about me here.... :lol:
I have been going to curves at least 3 times a week and running 1-2 times a week, and I totally have to say...I am loving the way my body is starting to respond...not so much on the scale, but inn my clothes, and clothes I considered my "small" clothes are HUGE...my hubby HAS to take me on a shopping spree... ;)
Hope everyone is Curv-ing it up ....

If anyone is interested I am about ready to face my before and after pics...if you want to see them, let me know.

Leanne
CW 138 :coffee:

KandiceS
02-01-2005, 11:03 AM
of course Leanne! lets see 'em!

been busy here too- still going to Curves every day. I weighed in on 1/27 lost 2.5 inches and 5.25 lbs and 2.31 lbs of body fat.
I'm happy... the weight/ inches have been slowing down though now and this is about the smallest that I've been in a long time, so I'm wondering if this is where my body says it's supposed to be.

I had a new low this weekend, 172 naked. :cheer: I'm back to 173 today, but still now that I've seen a new number on the scale- makes me want to see it more often! :lol: I was 172 on sat and sun and then 173 monday and today.

dabrat
02-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Wooooooohoooooo on the 172 Kandice how fun! That's Hot as Miss Paris Hilton loves to say.
Leanne I want to see the pictures as well/ So please let us se them! Congrats on doing all the running along with Curves.
I got back online finally. The computer part came and I was able to fix it. Then I had a busy weekend and just now got a chace to post here again. What is amazing to me is when I was not able to post on FitDay like I had been I ate way to much. I know I gained a few pounds just eatting what I wanted. I have still been going to Curves and I am off to it when I sign off. Oh yea Aunt Flo had something to do with my cravings for salty foods and chocolate. Do they make a chocolate bar that is loaded with salt all over it?:T: I am joking but hey that would have been great 2 days ago!:lol:I will post later have a great day.
Daphne

KAR73
02-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Evening Ladies,
Sorry I have been mia the last few days! I have been busy, busy, busy. I spent my whole weekend at the basketball gym helping with the concession stands. So I just came home long enough to sleep and take a shower. Went to Curves last night and was surprised to see so many gals that close to closing time. I even used the ab lounger. My stomach is starting to show the results of using the lounger. :) I went to TOPS tonight and lost another 1/4 pound. So now I am 198 1/4. So I am still losing. This will make it the fourth week in a row. Let's see if I can go for 5. Well ladies it is off to bed for me. Have a long day tomorrow before I can go workout at Curves. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

KandiceS
02-02-2005, 09:02 AM
wow congrats kerry for losing again!

Does anyone's curves have the Pec Dec? 2 big pads and you put your arms through and push back and forth? We just got it and yesterday was my first time on it- man my shoulders ache this morning!

172 again today. I know there are a lot of people on here that say don't weigh everyday, but it's working for me. I never really had any emotional issues with scales- I didn't like what I saw (before) but I would never starve myself or anything.

This I don't understand though. (and I'm sure you think I'm crazy)
I've been slowly introducing more carbs back into my diet- probably 60-100 grams a day- sometimes more, and I'm still losing! Friday we went to chinese food and I had fried everything- sweet and sour chicken, fried crab ragoons, egg rolls, rice- everything! (hadn't had chinese food since October when I started the diet) and then saturday we had fish nuggets and tater tots- yup, ate more than I was supposed to on that too, sunday was sloppy joes that I ate with bread.... last night I had the leftover fish nuggets on a hamburger bun- and I'M still losing! I'm not complaining, but it's just not making sense to me! (oh and the carb smart icecream too every night- mint chocolate chip- more than the 1 cup serving size. :lol: )

Of course I like it, I can eat what I want almost and still lose (slowly but still), but call me crazy, I'm worried if I can stop when I want to. How much food will I have to eat to maintain?? I eat 6 times a day now!

oh well, time to get back to work I guess!
Have a great day ladies!

Shalynn
02-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Hello Ladies!

Congrats on all the weightloss. I have been considering going to Curves for a while now and just by reading your successes really want to do it. One question, do any of you know of any promotions going on with Curves for the month of Feb?

Thanks.

KandiceS
02-02-2005, 06:13 PM
welcome shalynn!

Nothing that I know of right now- but maybe they'll have something due to Valentines??? I hadn't heard any specials though.

Congrats on your loss already- 4 more lbs to Valentines! you can do it! :cheer:

LeanneM83
02-03-2005, 09:36 AM
HEY LADIES, WELCOME SHAYLYNN

Well, I am sick- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh....so I havent been able to eat or do too much the past 2 days BUT my weight is still moving. I am now able to feel muscles I didn't know I had, and as gross as it sounds my RIBS. But, I guess chasing after three little ones all day , lifting them and swinging them around has to help building muscle...hahahaha

Congrats to all the "losers" keep up the AWESOME work. There is still TONS of time left before summer , and I know we'll all be the most gorgeous things out there this year!
Happy Thursday, hope everyone is feeling better than ME today!

Leanne
CW 136.8

Trixi
02-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Hi,

My name is Dale and I have just joined Curves this morning, I actually go in the first time next Tuesday. I would love to join this board. Inches are my goal. I recently lost 40 pounds and want to finaish the rest through exercise.

Thanks !

Dale

dabrat
02-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi Dale and congrats on that great weight loss!
Leanne wow your ribs? Cna I count the ribs I hjave in the freezer?:lol: Are you wanting to lose more weight or stay where you are at? What is hubby saying now? He needs to sing that song "One Hot Mama" to you each day!
Kandice I want that pec dec it sounds great. We just got a stair stepper at our Curves yesterday. I say if weighing each ay doesn't bum you out why not? My scales bounce around so they can make me happy or sad so I am thinking of tossing them out the door.
Kerry congrats on the 1/4 pound loss a loss is a loss remember! I have fun going at different times and seeing what the ladies are like. THis morning my group was not as friendly as usual so I didn't chat much. Hahaha on themaintaining stations I had my back turned for the most part.
Hi Shalynn and welcome to this group it is full of a great group of ladies that keep me inspired.
OK I had my first weigh in and I lost 4 1/2 pounds this month but I lost 9 1/2 inchs. I am finishing up TOM so hoping next month will be better. I forgot how many visits I have had now I will look and see tomorrow. I go at least 5 days a week since joining I belive.
OK I willpost later I thought I had posted but guess it didn't take or I didn't post...
Daphne

Shalynn
02-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome ladies!

I will keep an eye out for any upcoming specials.. Being a mother of 4 tends to put a pinch on things. :(

KandiceS
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
our membership is $29 a month and you can work out every day if you want... so think about it- if you go M-F every day, it's $1.45 each workout. I would really consider it Shalynn.

Leann- hope you get to feeling better- I can feel my ribs too- it is gross... When I weighed less, I was still "juicy" I don't think I've ever been this toned before, so bones are starting to show... I have a couple of close friends that I have asked and I can trust to tell me when to stop because I don't want to get too focused and develop an eating disorder.

Dale- welcome! congrats on losing the 40 lbs! curves will definitely tone you up and add some definition. I hope you enjoy it! Make sure you come back and post how many inches you lost!!

Daphne- I want the stair stepper- that's next for us she said. and then the dip shrug- we don't have that either. is the stepper fun? the pec dec, it's supposed to lift your pec muscles (boobs) so they don't sag... not that I'll have that problem because I won't have any boobs left when I'm done losing weight... :lol:
Congrats on the loss!

dabrat
02-03-2005, 05:22 PM
I want a pic of that Pec Dec to show my Curves. Your aren't talking about the one where you place thumbs up and move the arms up and down are you? Kind of like you are hitchhiking:lol: How often does Curves get new machines? I like the stair stepper it always gets my heart rate up. I was having trouble getting it up this last week of so adn boom here came in the stair stepper and voila there I go up to a good rate.
Daphne

LeanneM83
02-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Hey Ladies

Well yesterday was my second weigh in...
Here are my results since I joined Nov 25th/2004

Total Lbs lost..................24 (yay me)
Total Inches Lost 24
total body fat % lost 6.7%

Yay, I am soooo happy...at our Curves you get a t-shirt if you lose 20lbs, so yesterday I got my t-shirt and all the ladies gave me hugs....it was so cute. I guess this curves really works, whenever I have been this weight, I was not NEARLY as toned as I am now. I love it!
Daphne- the hitch-hiking kind of machine I believe is for your biceps....the pec dec, is one you sit at and push your arms across your chest then back out again- oh yes, its AWESOME

We just got a new glute machine...YAY
My hubby thought of a great way for me to incorporate running and curves together, in the summer I can run to curves, do my workout and run home....and as ridiculous as it sounds, I will probably end up doing it!

Happy weekend everyone
Leanne
CW 136.8

Trixi
02-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I am excited about Tuesday. I have been in a slump since Christmas and have not regained my motivation back. Hopefully this will kick start it again. I am also going to do the WATP DVD's on the days I go to Curves. To lose the weight before, I did my own program of low carb and low fat. The weight came off pretty quickly but now I need some definition and another 25 pounds off.

They took my measurements last week and I am keeping a journal myself as well because I don't think I can wait a month to weigh in and get measured. I am a get on the scale every morning kind a girl (I know that's bad but I can't help it)

I will for sure post any progress (fingers crossed) and it's great to think that I can get added support from women doing the same thing!

Take Care!

Dale

KAR73
02-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Evening Ladies,
Sorry I have been MIA. I was busy with school,home and volunteering my time with the local basketball games concession stand. I was able to get my Curves visits in though. So I was a happy camper.
I had to laugh when I read about the pec dec. I noticed that my boobs don't sag anymore and I commented to my dh about I wonder what was perking them up. So now I know.
I found out the hard way this weekend I can not eat the grilled chicken sandwich from our local DQ. I got so sick on Saturday night that I was in the bathroom half the night. So I am hoping that this will help with my weigh in tomorrow night. I have been very careful in what I eat since than.
Well I better go and get ready for bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Kerry

KandiceS
02-08-2005, 09:31 AM
I wrote a big long post and it's gone!

well here was the jist of it. As of friday I can fit into a size 12- Chris and I went honeymoon shopping and I took in a 14 and a 12 in with me and came out in the 12 asked Chris how it looked and he said it looked good (he's honest, he'll say if it's too tight or too short, whatever) and asked if that was the 14. I said it was the 12. he was surprised. It feels so good. i hadn't been size 12 since I can remember. All trough highschool I was 14/16/18 so that's been from 1994 on. 14 was the smallest I ever got. I've weighed 165 before (yr 1998) and that's the lowest and even then I was in a size 14- so I know Curves is helping me tone and build muscle to make me slimmer.

I got my wedding dress realtered last night- she stuck her fist down my back, between my back and the zipper and there was tons of room- so they'll have it ready feb 25th for me to try on and hope I didn't lose too much more since yesterday.

that's about it.

Congrats Leanne on your outstanding loss! you're not far behind me and I started in June!

dale- I weigh everyday too. keeps me in check. I've doing the Curves low carb diet; I'll tell you more about it if you're interested.

Kerry- make sure you let us know how weigh in goes!

I found out that I can't eat chili- hormel chili- ugh- I was going to the bathroom every 10 minutes sunday night. Chris makes his own chili (we were on a time crunch and went for the store bought kind) and I never have a problem with it, must be something with the process.

Have a great day everyone!

LeanneM83
02-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Kandace- YAY, I am so happy for you, that must have made you REALLY happy to have to get your wedding dress re-altered- way to go!!!

Dale- I am TOTALLY a weigh everyday girl...in fact Im a weigh several times a day girl....I'm somewhat obsessed I guess...lol

Kerry- hope your feeling better.

Wow, such good things going on, other than Kerry's meeting with the toilet..lol...makes me very happy to hear everyone in such good spirits and happy....Lets Keep it UP!!

Happy Tuesday to everyone.

Leanne
SW 204 (9 months PREGO)
SW 190 # days after birth (sept 25/04)
CW 135
GW 125-130

Trixi
02-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Just back from my first session at Curves and I loved it! I didn't feel like it was too much and I loved the way everyone talked and socialized juring the mat portions. At first I felt alittle out of place cause everyone knew each other but they were really friendly. It's not even an hour later and I am feeling the abs. Going to be a sore lady tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Kandice I would love to know more about the diet (unless it includes the chili!)

Going back to Curves on Thursday and looking forward to it. Finally feel like I am back on track and the motivation is up an running.

Take Care

Dale

dabrat
02-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone I didn't realise there was new posting being as I hjad just read an e mail a few days ago and hadn't visited the site so didn't get updates.
Oh I have been so off plan for the last few weeks now. I had good intentions of being so good but got depressed with Jason being gone so much. Oh it wont get better on that front at all but he will be home weekends at least.
It sounds as if all of you have been doing great. How exciting for all of you to be losing and staying OP and all the fun stuff.
Triki was Curves running a special this month? What machine did you like the best and the least?
Kandace :lol: did I read you right about not losing much more weight for now? I understand but wooohooooo did you think you would be saying that just before your wedding?
Leanne congrats on the great stats! I just did the fat% the 3rd of this month. The batteries were dead when I started. Wow 24 pounds is just awsome! 24 inch to boot!
I will b e better at posting now that I can remember to!
Daph

DTimpma
02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
:coffee:
Good Morning, Everyone! I am so inspired, reading all your posts! I WAS going to Curves, and really liked it, but one thing and another, I haven't gone much lately. I always wonder if it is enough! But, it is certainly better than what I am doing now, which is NOTHING!

I have 45 pounds to lose, and have been stuck at this weight for about 10 years! Time to get going! :dizzy: I will do Weight Watchers and Curves!

OK - I will go tomorrow, and check in here with the fact that I have done both an OP day, and Curves.

Best wishes to all!
Timpma

KandiceS
02-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I've been thinking about starting to maintain - part of wants to just stay here for a while, but then the other part of me says we're not done yet. I'm going to get to goal before I quit losing and start maintaining.
I figure I'll cut back on my Curves from every day to 2-3 times a week, so I'm still exercising, and keeping my muscle, but not losing. (i'm still on track with my curves goal of 200 visits this year- I think I have 28 this year so far? only missed a day or two. I forgot to look today)

and excellent news today- look at the ticker- I made my wedding goal (well actually still 1/4 of a lb to go but I had shoes on) :lol: YAY me! :cheer: now start working on the birthday goal. it's going to be a challenge. 15 lbs to go! (but it's a little more than 5 months away- so 3 lbs a month, little less than a lb a week) that'll be the lowest I can remember since 1994!

(I love seeing my ticker moved over that much- 20 lbs to go! 60% of the way there!)

KandiceS
02-10-2005, 02:18 PM
welcome timpma! glad to have you! make sure you post back and let us know your progress!

Trixi
02-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Second day of Curves and lovin it!

Kandice I love watching your ticker now as well. You must be soooooo proud of yourself! and so you should.

I have been OP with the diet and the exercise for a grand total of three days now (got to start somewhere) I started this journey almost one year ago and have lost and gained several pounds and knowing I have kept most of it off makes me feel good, not great because I could have done better but knowing that it is almost one year makes my goal even more motivating.

On February 28, 2004 I made a goal to get to 130 lbs and I am determined to renew that goal and make it there! I gave up and got comfortable with the weightloss and the compliments, without thinking that I still had a way to go. Now I will not let anyone change my goal and I will not let compliments go to my head but make them motivate me even more.

Take care.

Dale

LeanneM83
02-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Kandace- WAY TO GO, lets keep seeing that ticker move....great job!!
Dale- Just wondering hoe many curves there are in Toronto?

SO yesterday I stepped on the scale 134- YEAH WHOO....my hubby says my f;abby" post 3 babies " skin is shrinking....yay...now I am on the slow road for these last 4-6lbs...BUT, more importantly not ever GAINING any back. But with three kids I bet I will be busy busy busy chasing them around...hahaha, if only that worked all the time eh?

Welcome Timpma!

Happy Weekend to everyone!

Leanne
CW 134 (YAY)

LeanneM83
02-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey
Where did we all go??

Leanne
CW 132.6 :lol:

CutieCourt
02-20-2005, 02:03 AM
Hey everyone! Im not sure if i caught this thread at the right time..lol. Considering the last note is ..whered everyone go. LOL! Anyway. Im thinking about joining curves, and everyone has inspired me to go ahead and talk to the people about it. lol. plus i got my income tax money back and i always buy myself something or other. I had a gym membership for a long while and found it hard to go and pay attention because i would get bored easily walking the treadmill and watching tv...or lifting weights by myself. So this sounds fun and very motivational..not only from how you all talk about it, but the support ive heard about curves. I have about 45 pounds to lose to make it to my goal. Ive always been an overweight kid...and well, now im an overweight adult. Ive bid on a coupon off of ebay for a 2 week trial membership...so hopefully ill win it, try it and buy it.lol. Anyway. Wheres everyone at? lol...

-Courtney

Trixi
02-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey everyone,

I was sick all last week and did not make it to Curves, back to normal and going in tomorrow. I missed it this week but I felt like c!@p.

take care

KandiceS
02-21-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm here- It's been so busy with everyhting- work, finishing this wedding stuff, so much planning for 1 day! 4 hours at that! oh well, that's the way I always dreamed of it, so we're going to make it come true- not doing it again!

I gained a couple of lbs- hopefully just from TOM and the salt cravings, and it'll drop in a couple of days... but I'm here!

congrats leanne on the 134- or is it 132? wtg! :balloons:

Courtney, curves works! I hope you do join!

everyone else- have a great monday!

CutieCourt
02-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Awesome...hearing things like that makes me want to go sign up today...but im still waiting for my coupons..lol. This makes me really excited, and i know ill feel better about myself once i start working out again=)

CutieCourt
02-21-2005, 03:26 PM
i think im going to start another curves thread because this one is really long

LeanneM83
02-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey Ladies

Yes, I am quite impressed with CURVES, I havent felt this great in a long time, and I dont feel like I look like I just had a baby anymore YAY!!

Kandace- hehehe, 131.8 today! Yeah Baby!...I am loving it! I keep playing fashion show with all my clothes because I am so happy they fit, I finally can't wait for SUMMER to get here...Wedding plans are enough to stress anyone out, I totally understand having cravings, but glad to hear all is going well with it!

Courtney- I am one of those "kill myself in the gym" type of people, well I was until I went to curves for "bring a friend night" and i joined myself 2 days later and I am in love with the way my body has toned and shrunk, I have better results in 2 months of curves than 2 months of killing myself in the gym
you will LOVE it.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Leanne
cw 131.8

CutieCourt
02-22-2005, 02:16 AM
I was definatly one of those kill myself at the gym type. Everyone knew if i was working out i would literally be there for hours. I would get off at work at around 10 or a 11 depending how late they would make me stay....then i would go to the gym and be there til 1 or 2. It was horrible...it was wretched. Plus i didnt lose any weight... I dunno. I ended up giving up with it. Plus i felt like i was the only one not wearing a sports bra and tight shorts running 10mph...So yeah. I know they just built a curves building thats better than the old one thats .81 miles away from my house...and well i went on ebay and bid on the two weeks for free..and AHAHA!!! i won...but now i have 4 passes...but can only use one. Does anyone know anyone that needs one..ill mail it to you. =) anyway. As soon as i get them, im going to march my chubby little booty down there and get to it. =) You guys have gotten me SUPER excited. I want to look good in my bathing suit and if i lost 20 pounds by may or june...ill be completely satisfied...well...not completely until i lose about 45-50 pounds..but you know what i mean. Anyway! i wish more people updated in here like they use too....thatd be nice. =)

-Court

dabrat
02-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Waaahooooo for me! I weighed at Curves today to make sure my scales were right and I am down 10 1/2 pounds since Feb. 3rd. I love it and my fat mama jeans hang on me. I can see it in my face now and that makes me happier.
It is amazing how busy we all have been. Jason (DH) has been home with me more so it is harder to get on the comoputer that often. He wants to know what I am doing I guess.
Congrats to all the losers and welcome to the newbies! I will try an post later but have calls to make to Drs. and have to shower before my in laws arrive for the week. Lord give me strength!
Daphne

CutieCourt
02-23-2005, 03:15 AM
thats really good! 10.5 pounds since the beginning of feb! im jealous..lol. Im waiting for my coupons to come in...wooooohooo! I went and got the number off of the door tonight when i drove by so i could call to see if they were having any sort of specials or anything. Then i looked inside and i counted 13 or 14 machines which is good i guess. I read on here someones curves only had 8 or something...so thats cool. Im really excited about it. I cant wait. My curves that im going to join opens at 8 and closes at 8..mwf they open at 5:30 or something...there was a note on the door..but im not sure what it was saying. Something about between 8-10 they have classes...no first times or something. But anyway. I hope everyone starts updating again. i get kinda bored posting to myself..lol...its almost as bad as talking to myself.
There was a lady on here that posted on the other curves thread that debbie wrote...and she was like moreless to sum it up..she didnt lose any weight doing curves and neither did her friends. It was more social...and she doesnt give any of the credit of the weight lost that she lost because of curves. You need HEAVY exercise and a moderate diet. Hmm. Something sorta discouraging to post to someone who is TRYING to better themselves..by joining a gym..even if it is a 30 minute workout. Oh well.
Im going to try it for myself and hopefully debbie will too. Everyone is different. Negetivity sucks....

KandiceS
02-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Daphne- wow! 10.5 lbs! :balloons: keep going!

Leanne- you're doing great too!

Court- you need exercise AND diet in order to lose weight... my first month at curves I gained weight (and not muscle either- but lost 17.75 inches) I KNOW the reason. I tricked myself into thinking I was exercising so I could eat whatever I wanted- that doesn't work.... diet and exercise together... (maybe that woman was only exercising?)

I'm stuck in a rut now- I gained with TOM and it's sticking around... I've weighed 174 naked at home for 4 days in a row now- no up or down- just 174... but I kinda like it- I want to stay this way for a while so my honeymoon clothes will fit and look good, not like they're falling offf and then when we get back I'll go on phase 1 again and start losing more I hope.

KAR73
02-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi Ladies.
Been very busy with school. I have three deadlines to meet before March 23rd. So been very busy. I have been able to fit in my workouts though. I lost four pounds last month at my weigh in and lost 1/4 inch in my bust, waist,hips and 2 inches in my thighs. So I guess the ab lounger they have at my Curves is working. LOL I sure do feel my abs afterwards for a while.
I will promise not to be missing for so long the next time. Have to go get ready for bed. Will post more later. Welcome to the newbies glad to have you!
More later,
Kerry

Mercee
03-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi all,

I'm new here and I just joined curves last week and I really love it. I am currently doing weight watchers and I have lost 34 lbs in 16 weeks. I think exercising at Curves and following weight watchers..I hope the 2 combined will help me get to my goal and hopefuly firmer.

dabrat
03-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Oh life for me is finally back to normal! Jason is back in Seattle working, the kids are back in school and my Monster In Laws are back home in Cali! I was able to go to Curves today and not rush. I didn't get to go last week from Wednesday on. I can feel it in my legs today. I was a piggie at the beach so now I need to watch it again. Oh on more hour to have the place to myself! I think I might of been a hermit in my other life.:lol::lol::lol:
I should be posting daily now that things are back to normal again. Well I will see being as hubby just told me he is seeing the Dr. about surgery on his finger to fix it locking up. That will be a nice bill with no insurance to pay it.
OK I will bbl tonight hope to see some postings!
Daphne

CutieCourt
03-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Ive joined weight watchers and quit it so many times, because my friend quit and i dont want to go by myself. Maybe i should just be a big girl (not chubby) and start going again. Horrible me. I got my coupons to try curves for 2 weeks free! Im excited. The only thing that sucks though is i just got over the flu and now i have a sinus infection. Im definatly going to wait for it to clear up before i start putting strain on my body. My immune system seems to be really low....i hate being sick! Im excited about curves! Im more excited that people are posting to this again=) I dont like typing to myself..lol....or do i? lol. Ladies have a nice week and keep curving! My friend is going to start going with me, so i have a buddy! Makes me not feel like im with tons of strangers..that will hopefully become my friends=) She may even join too, plus shes getting married in may and everyone wants to lose weight b4 they get married! Im her brides made and i vowed to lose 20 pounds before her wedding! 2.5 months..wooooohoooo! Better get to it! Anywho..i gotta go to my night class. Talk to you chickaroos later! =)
Court

LeanneM83
03-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Welcome back Daphne, it's always nice to get back to our "normal" lives eh?

Court- I know it is nice having someone to workout with, but truth is, that "someone" can't always be there, so if you are able to workout by yourself as well as with your friends you will have great success. Hope you start feeling better soon too!

Thats that...same old thing for me...AH, we just got lots of SNOW...ew....but I am on a mission to tone this body up...I thought I would have saggy, post-baby skin forever but it seems to be shrinking back to size....really, it has only been 5 months so I think I was initially expecting it to go back right away...seems the skin has other ideas...hahaha

Later Ladies

Leanne
CW 131.2

dabrat
03-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Oh yea I love having my me time. I am so glad at times I didn't have more kids! We had baseball tryouts today for Robert and it was to damn cold. I do not like the wind here when it is chilly outside. Oh for dinner I had a UNO bar:T:. I know bad bad Daphne but it was calling me. I have tomake a dish to take to Miss Beth our Pastors wife for lunch tomorrow. It is her Birthday and we are having a potluck at her place for her. SO I have to take what I know I will eat. Most of the ladies are doing Atkins and are picky eaters. Not to step on toes but I am sorry but when I see how much these ladies eat at times I wanna barf. I still have a picture of Miss Beth holding onto 2 hotdogs and having one hang out of her mouth!:lol: That was my introduction to Atkins! Gee be nice Daphne.:nono::nono: Wow now I am arguing with myself. I am amusing myself can ya all tell?
Daphne

CutieCourt
03-02-2005, 12:16 AM
verrrry very true. Thats why i am going to go with her for her 2 free weeks and then continue to go. So then i dont start off not knowing anyone..i just kind of end up like that..lol. Anyway. Im excited! Thanks..i hope i start feeling well also. Have a great rest of the week. Tomorrow is hump day..woohooo

ItstimeforME
03-03-2005, 08:23 AM
I have only posted a few times bc I really don't come in the site that often, but I want to say I joined curves on Ded 28th 2004 changed my eating habits I go everyday and to date I have lost 30 lbs and 24 inches total. Body fat of loss is 19 lbs. My body fat % went from 43 to 39 now Im on my way to loose 60 more lbs.

SO if your thinking of joining DO I love it and its great to be around people in my same situation and not wait for machines to work out or have some men around.

ItstimeforME
03-03-2005, 08:27 AM
That was me in Dec this is me today!!

Mercee
03-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Congratulations you look great. I recently joined Curves and I also enjoy it. Wishing you continued sucess. I am also doing weight watchers.

dabrat
03-03-2005, 02:27 PM
I will post in a bit but I have learned a good lesson. I have to take my high blood pressure pills each day. I have forgotten the last few days and I am up 10 pounds this week. I mean 10 pounds in a week?, and feeling like crap. Workout killed me today, water weight has me irritated, and hate feeling like I am going to pass out when I exert myself in the least bit. I also know now that I have to stay away from all soda. Gee why do i forget this **** all the time?
Daphne

LeanneM83
03-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Hey ladies

Kelly, great pics!
Daphne- HUGS, sounds like you are beating yourself up....dont worry! We're here for ya! I know too the pop isnt good for us, but sometimes I just need one- I drink this diet grapefruit pop and I love it. Sometimes habits are HARD HARD HARD to break, (mmm, like chocolate for me)

I am working on my before and after pics...I will post them today hopefully...I am so thrilled I am 130.6 today and my parents are coming to visit tomorrow and I am down about 18lbs since I last saw them...my mom bought me a whole bunch of new clothes-yay! yesterday I was wearing my "small" jeans and I ran across the street and they NEARLY fell down, I mean, I could see my underwear- and I mean ALL my underwear...lol, thank goodness no one was around, how embarrassing would that have been? lol. Guess thatis a good thing.

I think I am going to get my final weight and measurements done today at curves-we'll see...
Oh, crying babies- gotta go

Happy FRIDAY ALL

Leanne
sw 204 (sept 22/04)
SW 190- Sept 25/04
CW 130.6
GW 125-130

dabrat
03-04-2005, 10:44 AM
:lol: I can just see us getting a post from you in jail for indecent exposure! Now that would be funny in a sad way. I skipped my weigh and measure yesterday at Curves and am going to wait till Monday to do it. I like the Monday girl the best and she wont yell at me. What did your Mom say when she saw you? How far and fast are you running now?
Mercee congrats on joining Curves I love it when I go. It is just getting out that door sometimes that is the hardest.
Daphne

LeanneM83
03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
I got weighed in today at curves- yay!...I am down a total of 30lbs since I joined...yay yay yay
Daphne- thanks for the "support", I wish my pants had been more supportive-lol, they are now being demoted to "house cleaning" pants-because only your family wants to see your bum stick out while cleaning the floors...hahaha

Happy FRIDAY to everyone!

Leanne

LeanneM83
03-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Lets see if this works!

Here I am, 3 days after having my daughter...
Leanne 190 lbs :o

LeanneM83
03-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Here is me last week at 131 lbs....(I think my daughter is about 20lbs now....lol)

Leanne ( I am still searching for a better AFTER pic though)

LeanneM83
03-04-2005, 02:28 PM
okay maybe this one is better...sorry, I PROMISE this is it from me...
Leanne

KyLady256
03-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to this site and I'm thinking about joining the new Curves in my town. I have found your posts to be very encouraging and wonder if there is anything I should know before making this commitment. :)

Mercee
03-07-2005, 01:51 PM
KyLady256- I just completed my 1st week at Curves and I love it. I would advise you to join. In our area they have a special if you bring in a sack of groceries the registration fee is waived. I wish you the best.

mamamoo
03-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Hey ladies, I just joined curves today(and I'm new to this site)...got in on the fee joining with a bag of food deal. I go for my first workout Tuesday evening. I am extremely excited...I am starting out at 49% body fat!!!! I can't wait to see that number start to go down. :) Debi

KyLady256
03-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the comments ladies. I will definately give Curves a try. They are doing the grocery promotion here too. Who could pass that up?! Mamamoo, let me know how your workout goes. I have an appointment Wednesday to join.

Mercee
03-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi Pookie- In my area Curves is $29.00 a month if you have a yearly contract. They also have a program if you want to go month to month you can pay $39.00 a month. The machines are already set. I'm sure they will work with you as far as skipping a machine. At most Curves you can get a free trail 1 week memebership. This is my second week and I love it. I would advise you to go in and talk with them. It is really a great work-out.

Ivana B. Thin
03-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Hello everyone,
I started Curves last week and am so glad I did. The day after I joined I went to visit my sister in South Carolina and was able to go to a Curves there. That was such a nice advantage of this business.

I do have a question...What do you do during the recovery periods?

Carole

ItstimeforME
03-16-2005, 08:38 AM
I dance or jog in place. Sometimes I grab the Hula Hoop at ours and do that. Do you all have them at your curves they are GREAT my curves has only 3lb ones but I went and bought a 5lb and I use it for 20 min everyday. Check out the site if you don't know what Im talking about.

I will have to find the ling again I lost it.but THere weighted Hula Hoops with Ridges and there wonderful.

LeanneM83
03-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Welcome Carole- Congrats on joining.
During the recovery periods, I run on the spot, knee's up, twists ( to work my love handle area) or heels in front...I try to mix it up as much as I can, sometimes watching others inspires you to try new "moves", or not..hehehe

What is this about hula hoops? must be that our canadian curves arent up with the times, we have nothing like that...I have heard some great things and items or promotions in the states that I wish we had here...I need to talk to them here and see why they are slacking...haha

Leanne

SW 204 (9 months preg-Sept 22nd/04)
SW 190 Sept 25/04
CW 127 yay!! :)
GW 120-125

ItstimeforME
03-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Ok try this for the hoops, I just got back from working out and I do 20 min with my 5lb hoop.

www.sports-hoop.com

CutieCourt
03-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Do they still have the sack of grocery thing going on? Sorry girls, i havent been able to join curves yet! =( I bought the coupons and a lot of stuff has been going on...i have a funeral to go to saturday and tomorrow a viewing.
=(
Im going to call curves tomorrow and see if they have that going on here too. If thats the case then im going to join tomorrow..lol! Thanks for posting the before and after pics.I love you guys...youre such an inspiration to everyone. Makes me want to get up and JUST DO IT! I have a lot of personal business going on right now ..but....as i know excuses get me nowhere, and life is too precious to waste it on being unhealthy
-Court

CutieCourt
03-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Hello chickas! I went yesterday after work and started my 2 weeks free. Its awesome because I use to work with a girl that works there. Actually come to find out halfway through my workout her mom owns the place and her mom was the one that took my measurments and weight. I LOVE IT ALREADY! She told me that i missed the bag of grocery thing=( BUT i can get the 53% percent off so its actually only $70 to join plus my first month, which is only $99 plus tax! WOOHOO! Im stoked! She said that curves has a diet class and that she would give me a scholarship to go if i wanted..which means i can go for free. She said she would give me a tshirt and everything. I think her daughter knowing me helped. EVERYONE was right, every lady there is very supportive. Its awesome. I love the inspiration the owner gives me. Shes like i know you can do this...its not easy..but you can do it. She told me a word of wisdom "Its not where youve been or where you are..its where you are going to be". I thought it was awesome. I was going to go today too, but my friends funeral was today and i thought it closed at 2 and it closed at 1 =( Oh well. Ill be there monday and my best friend is going to try it out too. Im excited, but i can do it on my own. Has anyone done the diet class or is anyone on the diet? Id like to find out more about it, i know it works..the girl that i worked with a long time ago already lost 6 pounds in a week and a half. She explained it to be something like low-carb. Id like to know a little more about it. Where is everyone at? lol. I ask once again....Curves is awesome. Im going to join next week..hehe...they just dont know it. I also didnt know that they reward with you a coffee mug after your first 12 visits. Thats awesome. I LOVE PRIZES! Makes me want to go more..hehe. Anyway. I will talk to you all later=) My LONG TERM goal is to lose 60 pounds, My Mini Goal Is 15 pounds by march 17 and lose 50 inches all together to get to the size I want to be. Which is around 5/6. Anywho. Byeeeeeeeeee

I want to go earlier in the day monday...is it bad to go twice? Amanda wants me to go with her on her first time...hmmm....

-Court

CutieCourt
03-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Does anyone know of another website or forum place for people who go to curves that updates? It just seems like noone gets on this forum ever.....which gets disappointing...

ItstimeforME
03-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Im so glad you enjoyed it Cutie, Im 3 months into it and I LOVE It. Check out the link I posted for the HOOPS they ARE GREAT!!!! Have fun and keep the positive attitude.

CutieCourt
03-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I start the weightloss class tonight. Im so stoked that the owner is letting me go for free. She really wants me to reach my goal. Its great after people believe in you, it actually makes you believe in yourself. Im skipping one of my night classes for an hour to go to it. Im just going to tell him that its doctor recommended....lol..its not the whole truth but hey, my doctor DID tell me to lose weight, and this will help...so i just put the 2 together..hehe. Im excited about it all. Today was my second workout. Friday they are closing early for the easter holidays so im going to go ahead and go before i go to work. Im wayyy motivated. Ok ladies! Heres some homework for you....start updating on here! I hate talking to myself...
Court

ItstimeforME
03-22-2005, 08:08 AM
I go every day, The girls just shake there head with laughter bc I feel like I have to GO!!!! My curves is closed on Saturday for easter. Did you check out the link for the hoops yet? They really are great.