Support Groups - 21 day challenge #4

View Full Version : 21 day challenge #4

Marti
05-23-2004, 04:23 PM
This challenge is working for some of us and I want to keep it going!! It started in the Support thread, and I noticed that there were fewer and fewer postings! But, since I've brought it over here, we've been having success and I want to keep it going.

Here is how it works. You choose something that you would like to work on and do it for 21 days. (to make it a habit) Such as drink 80oz. of water, walk a mile, or what ever else may come to mind. You do a count down. But if you miss a day...you start over to day one. And you can start over many times, but if you're constantly starting over.....well then....I would say maybe you should find something else to work on for 21 days.

Also, during the days you're sick and your body just doesn't feel good, we have what we call a "pause". You pause your efforts until you're feeling better and just continue from what day you stopped.

Simple you say.....believe me,,,,it's not as simple as it sounds...there have been times that I just had to start over.

Anyone want to join me??

Scuzin
05-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Well I've had an interesting morning...I got to bed at *cough* 7:30am. So I'm quite out of it. However, I went out to breakfast which involved a long walk there and back which I'm going to count as my exercise for the day. So DAY 2!

suetalks
05-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Can't believe I didn't stop by yesterday..I thought I did. Anyway, I got my walk in both yesterday and today. So DAY's 13 and 14 are done. I also spent both mornings carrying and spreading huge bags of mulch, so I KNOW I got lots of exercise.

suetalks

Scuzin
05-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Day 3 in the bag! great job all! Check back later!

suetalks
05-25-2004, 12:52 AM
DAY 15 is in the bag. I got in a nice long walk and it was even cooler than the last few days. I am thinking I might actually make 21 days.

Sue

suetalks
05-25-2004, 08:10 PM
DAY 16 done. I had to walk at noon because the the rain was supposed to be on the way. Here it is 6 and just now starting to get very dark and windy. Oh well, at least I got my walk in!!

Marti
05-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Day 15 is finished!!

James and I spent the afternoon mowing and cleaning up the yard! I relocated (not to far, just a foot ) a bunch of lumber.....that was enough lifting for me for the rest of the week! I still have more yard work to do but I will be doing that tomorrow.

Scuzin
05-26-2004, 01:35 AM
Day 4 done! I made it to the weight room today....its been a while and I KNOW I'm going to be sore tomorrow! GOOD JOB YOU GUYS!

Marti
05-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Getting closer to 21.....

suetalks
05-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Day 17...oh wow..I am getting close to completeing this challenge. I walked today for almost an hour.

Sue

p.s. good job to you all!

suetalks
05-29-2004, 12:02 AM
DAY's 18 and 19....complete...and looking forward to 20 and 21. I think I will get all the walking in before it turns very hot.

Sue

Marti
05-29-2004, 02:31 AM
17 & 18 done!!!

Scuzin
05-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey girls, Good Job, You're almost there!!! I'm plugging along...day 7...1/3 of the way!

RosieKate
05-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Dropping in to say Hey and great job on all the success!

I'm mulling a new 21 day challenge to start on the 1st. It will be water or exercise. I know I'll be out of town the 15 - 16, so I want to pick something that won't be too hard to keep up while at the beach. Either of those should work. Will be back soon to get started.....
Rosie Kate

suetalks
05-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Day 20..yeah! What a beautiful day to walk today. I have to think of a new challenge for the 1st also.
Way to go everyone!

suetalks

Marti
06-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I did it!!! All 21 days are finished!!!

Now to come up with a new challenge. I will be back for that in a day or two!!

Congrats to Sue for also making it to 21....

And great job to Scuzin!!
RosieKate--Hope the best of luck for your next challenge!!

:cb: :cp: :dance: :hat: 21 days!!!!!!!!!! :cb: :cp: :dance: :hat:

Scuzin
06-01-2004, 12:50 PM
YAY Marti!!!!! :cb: :bravo: :cp: :hat:
Well I blew it the last few days...that's what a long weekend will do to you. Hope to Pick up again soon.

RosieKate
06-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Way to go Sue and Marti for making it to 21!

I'm back, and decided that my 21 day challenge for June will be exercise. I'll walk or do weights or both, just so I do something every day. Yesterday I walked for an hour, so DAY ONE DONE!

This will be a little more of a challenge as DH and I are getting away for a couple of days to celebrate my birthday (39) and our anniversary (14). We are going to the coast and we love to walk on the beach, so I should be able to keep up the challenge. emphasis on "should" ;)

good luck with your goals, gals - see you tomorrow!
RosieKate

suetalks
06-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Yes..I made it to 21 days and whew! The next challenge did not start today as I had planned. I got sick yesterday and was having side pains and nausea. Actually, I had been fighting it for several days, but it got bad yesterday. Went to the Dr. today and have to go for an ultrasound...but they can't get me in for 9 days. Good thing I am not in dire straights...and hope it doesn't worsen before then. I actually walked today even though I am still feeling crummy.
Anyway...21 days finished just at the right time!!

Congrats to all...

Sue

RosieKate
06-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Day 2 - done!
I walked and worked in the yard. Lots of buttercups to pull up. Today it will probably be some weights and/or a video - and maybe I'll get back out in the yard.

Have a great day
RK

RosieKate
06-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Day 3 - complete
I did a short weight workout and worked out in the yard for about 2 hours. Today I will try to get a walk in -
Have a great day everyone
RK

RosieKate
06-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Day 4 - done!
I walked for about 45 minutes yesterday. Hope to get a walk in today, but earlier. It's going to be hot! well, to me any way ( in the 80s)

I need company! Anyone else doing a challenge? Anyone?
RK

Marti
06-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Yes-Yes-Yes-----

I will join you...... sorry it's taken me longer than I wanted to get back here.

I'm going to do the same as the last challenge. Being accountable to ANY form of exercise really helped!! (maybe thats why I saw the 2lb loss?)

So I will post later on to let you know how day one went.

off to get ready for school.

RosieKate
06-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Day 5 - complete!
So glad you're back here Marti - my challenge is similar to yours. I'm just going for doing something everyday. Yesterday I walked for 30 minutes. It was hard 'cause it was HOT! 85 here - hope Cottage Grove was bearable. To people from other parts of the US, I must sound like a real weenie, but I'm a native Oregonian and darn it, I like our mild weather! Anything hotter than 80 degrees and I get cranky -
Today its raining and DH is working all day at track meets, so my exercise is going to have to be indoors, probably when Leigh takes her nap.
Later,
RK

Marti
06-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Forgot to come back and post yesterday.

I spent some time walking and I'm also going to include my scrubbing of the floor!! (whenever is creates sweat....it must be a workout! :D )

Day one

RosieKate
06-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Day 6 done!
I did a video, then took the kids to the Zoo to see bald eagles. strolled around there for a couple hours. I'm hoping to dodge raindrops and get a walk in here pretty soon
See youtomorrow!
RK

Marti
06-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Can you believe it....I need to start over. Didn't do much yesterday. But I will start over tomorrow. Today Jhanai and I are lazing around and I'm not going to argue with that! :D

So I'll restart tomorrow!

RosieKate
06-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Day 7 - done
went for a 30 min. walk - and was rained on! oh well. I may workout inside today as it is supposed to rain off and on today
Have agreat day, Marti
RK

Scuzin
06-07-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm BAAAAACCKKKKKK!
Hi All, I'm ready to start another challenge, but I think this one will be another water challenge. I've been having some real difficulties with my weight loss efforts these last...6 months...and when I drink water I think it helps kick me into gear. So here I go...DAY 1!

Marti
06-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Day one was a good one......

I did LOTS of squats. I have in my head these great looking thighs by fall!! :D

Scuzin--Glad to have you back!! Water is always hard to keep up with. I do so well with it during the challenge, but once it's over....I go back to not drinking it! I might have to do a "forever" challenge with that! :lol:

RosieKate--You walked in the rain!? You're a brave girl! Actually you must have much more motivation than I ever will. Oregon is just one of those states that you should be used to doing anything in the rain...but I don't like having to be in it if I don't have to! (silly thinking isn't it!) You're doing great, keep it up!

Lisa? Sue? hope you two come back and join us!!

Day one completed!!

RosieKate
06-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Day 8 - done
did some weights and a 30 min. walk. Leigh won't take a nap, so we are off to walk before I have to meet James at his bus stop. Weather appears to be clearing up :) I'm glad I got my walk in when I did yesteday. We had lightning and thunder in the late afternoon - very impressive.

Good luck with your challenges today, Marti and Susan -

Marti
06-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Hello hello!!

Did some walking, some faster walking, even some almost running! Walked at the school to avoid the rain...I was running late so I was practically in a run and running in clunky boots don't particarly go well for me! :D
Then James and I went to the mall (pretty much before anything opened since I got out of class early) and walked and walked and walked!!

So I got my day 2 finished!! Yea!!!

Let's keep it up girls!!

Day 2 completed!!

RosieKate
06-09-2004, 11:54 AM
DAY 9 - DONE!

Barely - huff huff. Leigh wouldn't nap, so there went my opportunity to do a video. We just managed to squeeze in a 30 minute walk before heading to the bus stop. Whew!
another rainy day - hope baby sleeps today
RK

Bonksmom
06-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Hello Everyone, My name is Deb and MNJ told me about your boards. I am 49, single and want to lose weight~ My SW was 263, CW 261.5, GW 140. I just started my exercising and dieting Monday June 7. My 21 Day Challenge will be to do my 8 Minutes in the Morning exercises and walk 1.5 miles (2 laps) at our park, every day. I hope to learn more about each of you soon. MNJ and I have emailed each other a couple of times. I need all the support I can get. Thanks and good luck to all

RosieKate
06-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Welcome, Deb! My challenge is to exercise everyday. Today is proving to be a tough one, but you reminded me about 8 minutes in the morning, so I'm going to do that. I'l try to go for a walk after dinner tonight for some more.

Glad to see you here
RosieKate ( aka Katy)

Marti
06-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Glad you stopped in Deb!!

I hope this challenge helps keep the motivation going. I know it works for me, although I think I need to really up the routine to more exercise. Or more time spent on exercising. Not sure.

And don't feel that you only have to do an "exercise" challenge. You can choose whatever you feel you need to work on, such as :less sweets, more water, more veggies, eating breakfast....anything.

I hope you can join us on the chitchat thread too. There are more girls yappin there who haven't joined the challenge thread and they would love to get to know you more too!

Off I go to do something about my thighs!!

Marti

PUERTO RICAN GODDESS
06-09-2004, 08:43 PM
hello ladies:wave:
Im also here bc Marti told me about this challenge. I am a 26 yr old woman who is desperatly trying to lose a total of 25lbs by sept 11(5ye anniversary) bc I am going on vacation on sept 13th.

My 21 day challenge is to walk or exercise.Iguess that means if it rains I can do a workout tape at home right. I plan to walk at least 2 miles a day:)

good luck to all and keep up the good work ladies. Keep your fingers crossed for me:D

Marti
06-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Wow---

I feel like a recruiter!! I sure hope I haven't sounded like one!

PRG...Glad to see you join our challenge!! I think the more the merrier! Plus, I believe it helps us all keep motivated and get our bodies going and doing the right thing!!

My day went ok. I sat around, laid around, moped around :rolleyes: .....then snapped out of it and did some squats! And I ache!!

So....

Day 3 completed!!

Once again....welcome to both Deb and PRG<-- (not sure if you want to use your name or not)

Bonksmom
06-10-2004, 09:35 AM
DAY 4 OF CHALLENGE (Even though I just joined you all yesterday I am counting my days since my start date of June 7!) Today I completed my exercises and walk. Feeling good!!!!

:strong: :strong: :strong: :strong: A Weight Toss for every day of challenge met!!!

Have a good day everyone. Must go!

RosieKate
06-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Day 9 done!
Managed to get some weight work done while watching Reagan being transferred to the rotunda. Now the challenge begins for me. My son finished school yesterday and DH has a few day to go (he's a teacher) so the schedules are shifting and this is whe I usually mess up whatever plan I'm trying to follow. Today I'll either do a video during DD's nap, walk, and make DS come ( not a great option), or walk after dinner when DH is home. So.....here goes
Have a great day and I'll check back tomorrow!

Deb - good job- like the weight toss
PRG - welcome - that is one cute baby!
MArti - hi and good job. Yesterday was upper body and crunches for me, today is my turn to do those squats - ugh....
RosieKate

PUERTO RICAN GODDESS
06-10-2004, 04:00 PM
hello ladie:wave:

today is my first day of the challenge and i can't walk after work bc it looks like it is going to pour hard so looks like I am going to have to workout at home. I have WATA tape and also have slim in 6.

Thank you ladies for accepting me in your group :D

Marti it is ok to say my name, ain't no shame in my weight..lol. For all of you my real name is Jennie :)

RosieKate- thank you(about the baby) she is an angel, she is my god daughter :) she is my little butterball..lol

Marti
06-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Hello ladies--

Did some crunches and some other leg workout. Want to trim up a bit. Wonder when it will actually show on the scale??? :D

Deb--I was going to mention earlier that since you have already started that you should start the day on what ever day it was...(did that make sense?) any how, you already did it!! And good for you. You're going to do great!! Just keep coming back and we'll root for you the whole way!!

RosieKate--Do you still have rain?? We sure do, but I hear that it's suppose to clear up soon. Good for walking!!

Jennie--Great day one for you!! I think doing tapes when it rains outside is a great way to get exercise in. I love to do pilates....get's me all stretched out and limber... :lol: but I hear it can really tighten up muscles...right now, my VCR is not hooked up!! So I try to just remember what I've seen. (I think I'm better off waiting for DH to hook it back up!!)

Scuzin--Where are you girl?? How's the water coming? I REALLY need to do that for the next challenge!! It is one of the BIGGEST helps in my weightloss....so I have not no idea why I don't keep up with it!!

Keep up the workgirls!

Day 4 completed!!

RosieKate
06-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Day 10, done!
Ended up walking for 45 minutes, hope to do the same sometime today.
Marti - great job on the legs - I was going to do that yesterday, but it didn't happen - maybe today
Deb, Jennie, Scuzin - Have great day and good job on those goals!
Cheers
RK

Bonksmom
06-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Day 5 and exercises have been completed....busy day today though cant stay on net. I did splurge on a mocha frappachino though... Have been craving one for weeks and broke down today and got me a small one. But it was sooooo good. lol :lol: Have a great weekend everyone, I will be out of town for a couple of days to see mom

:strong: :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong:

da fat n da furious
06-12-2004, 01:13 AM
There are ways around the calories of mocha fraps....
scoop of vanilla protein powder, cold coffee, cocoa, and sweetner...ice cubes and blend...yummy!
Angie

Marti
06-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Hey...almost forgot to post today.....

Worked my butt off today!! (Ok...I wish I did, last time I looked it was all still there! :lol: )

You girls are doing great.

Jennie & Deb.....would either of you like to join us on the chitchat thread?? We'd all love to chat with you.

Day 5 completed!!

RosieKate
06-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Day 11 - done!
I walked for 45 minutes - good thing. DH brought home Ben and Jerry's to celebrate the last day of school - and I indulged :P I might avoid the scale for a few days!
Cheers!
RosieKate

RosieKate
06-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Day 12 - done (barely) I worked out in the yard for about an hour and a half, then got my act together and did a bunch of lower body exercises ( lots o' squats)

I walked for an hour this morning so I going to go ahead and post Day 13 - done!
Thank goodness for the exercise challenge, because my eating habits have gotten off track this weekend. I'll vent more about that later, I'm sure. The 21 day exercise challenge has saved my bacon in that I did not post a gain today.
Hope everybody else is having a great weekend (an eating much healthier than me )
RK

Marti
06-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Well yesterday I did a great work out. Did legs. Been really concentrating on those thighs. I think I better start thinking of the rest of me too!! :D

Haven't done anything yet today.....will post later when I do.

Day 6 completed!!

Working on day 7.

Scuzin
06-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi! I'm back again. I didn't make it past day one...so I'm here to start again... water, Water, WATER!!! Here's to day 1! Good Job you guys for plugging along.

Marti
06-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Hello hello....

I just finished spending an hour working on the yard. I mowed most of the back (too much debris that flies...I'll let James finish) and my arms and legs are sore!!

So that is my exercise for the day. I still have some weeding to do so I'm not even finished!!

Day 8 completed!!

RosieKate
06-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Walked for 45 minutes today - so Day 14 complete! I'm going to the beach for a couple dayzs - and plan to walk on the beach both days ;) So I'll check in when I get back
ciao gals!
RosieKate