Support Groups - Time for Serious Fun #69f

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #69f

gma22
05-21-2004, 06:09 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
05-21-2004, 06:10 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Any losers out there?????

later girlies!

Faye :)

Mirabelly
05-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Morning Girlies!

It really is morning now......got lots of rest last night and feel better. Except for the sugar hangover! I've got to get control of myself again......I feel myself slacking and I reaalllly want to get the rest of this weight OFF!! DH is feeling the same way, so at least I have some support at home as well as online.

Faye----I'da smacked Jack for that rock prank!! And NOT in a way he would like! :lol: Of course, if you think about it......great exercise. I always think of the old 50 pound grain bags I used to have to carry around for my sheep and think "damn! I've lost THAT much weight off my body!!"

Well, there's not much to say since I posted last night. I hope everyone has lots of inspiring losses today! It's TOM, so I'm not even weighing until next week. I know I'm up from all this eating and stress anyway.........

Guess it's time for a good sweat!

Later babes,
Julie

Mirabelly
05-21-2004, 07:53 AM
Hey, Carrie....is there any way to get the points info from weight watchers online or in a book? I don't have any meetings around here, and I don't want to do the pay by the week stuff online. I just want to know point values and how many you're supposed to eat a day, etc.

Feeling the need for a new way to keep track of my food.
Thanks,
Julie

Satine
05-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Morning All -

I had a 3 pointer yesterday...and I am down 1 pound for the week, I will consider that good since I blew last weekend...I am really looking forward to getting below 195 so I have some leadway from 200...

Julie - There isnt really away around getting the actual WW stuff, but here is the thing, people sell the whole packages online on Ebay, I do not know how much they go for, but that might be an option for you. You really need ALL of the material and both points books to get you on the program. Also have you and your husband thought about Atkins? My dh has lost 37 pounds on it recently, you are never hungry - and do not think that all you are eating is meat and eggs and cheese, you can have big salads with "REAL" dressing :lol: , chicken salad and tuna salad on lettuce with real mayo, casseroles like quiche and meatloaf, there are a ton of things to do on that...
just an idea to jump start your loss...I dont think it is necessarily something that you want to do for life but it does quick start the weight loss....I couldnt do it because I have sugar issues but for everyone else I know it works great
Anyway good luck and let me know if you have any more questions on the WW, you can check with me before you purchase something on ebay if you want, just to make sure it is what you need....either way :)
( p.s. I think you do really great on your own, you just have to stick to your plan, wink wink - I know it is hard sometimes and we get bored, I even really get bored with WW but I have to keep thinking of the end result, you have done so good so far, you can do this!! I want you in Onederland with me and you could be there very soon !!! )

Okay so my post was just to Julie :lol: Everyone have a great day, I will check in later for other losses!

mscat816
05-21-2004, 09:27 AM
I am at home sick today. I am sure my resistance is down after the trip and going back to work the next day. :stress: I didn't get my soak yesterday because my DD's honors choir performed at school at 7:00 p.m. and by the time we got home all I could do was crawl in the bed with a sore throat and headache. :headache:

The choir was outstanding - perfect pitch, personality, and articulate. I understand why they were invited to state competition. My mother was a music teacher and choir director so I know choral music. This was the best middle school choir I have ever heard! :D

I am going to spend the day paying attention to me! Although there are lots of things I intend to get done around the house I am specifically going to concentrate on my training for the 5k:tread:, water, and staying on plan :eating2:. Later I am going to have that soak I missed yesterday.

Will post pounds later - Wish me luck for a loss and good luck to everyone else! :wave:

mscat sw238/cw???/gw140

Scuzin
05-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Mornin'!
Well I seem to be holding pretty steady as far as the scale goes which I am very happy about. After tomorrow the show will be over and I can get back to the gym for a couple weeks before I have to move out.

ICK! there is some sort of funny bad broccoli smell around here and I can't for the life of me figure out where it is coming from. I have been walking around, pausing, and sniffing. I just realized the window is open so if could very well be coming from out there :lol:

We had a very interesting assignment in my acting class recently. Don't know if I told you all about it already...but we have a grid with everyone's name in the class across the top and different categories down the side like: beverage, animal, or fantasy/myth figure. We had to fill in the grid for everyone in the class and on wednesday we got what people wrote down for us back. From what was written…and some various discussions I've been having recently I've gotten a much better picture of how people perceive me (the point of the assignment). Its amazing how it can be so different than what's in your own head. Apparently I am seem as intelligent, self contained, and pretty confident which is only odd because in my own head I am a bumbling fool :lol: So there is a lesson! Even of we think not so great things about ourselves sometimes, there are always those that do, sometimes in the least expected places.

Of course there were things I didn't want to find out. I've come to realize I sort of have this...I don't know if I should call it intimidation factor....but...as the guy that put me as "xena warrior princess" said with a huge smile, "you seem like the type of person that could beat the :censored: out of someone if you reeeeaaaly wanted to." Its weird...on the one hand people think I have this motherly side...and on another...this. Its not the 1st time its popped up. Wow :lol: it just occurred to me the exact quality he's talking about and I know exactly where it came from...MY mother, and well her entire side of the family. Well as another guy told me, I live up the Irish blood in my veins.

mscat - sorry to hear you are sick :(

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Oh well, all the stuff I wrote just got erased, so here we go again. Going to try to be at least reasonably positive today, even though I don't feel like it. Well the whole day seems wasted. It's already 12:30, the baby havent taken a nap, I havent exercised and had an apple for breakfast. I feel like crap. I keep trying to pump myself up saying how I'm gonna kick butt and I'm going to do all of my exercises, blah, blah. But I'm still sitting here getting more and more depressed. I have to leave again to go get the stuff for my hair appt. Should be happy right? But I'm ungrateful as usual, I make myself sick. I just dont see how I"m going to go 25 miles to Georgetown, 25 miles back, stop to the store, get some milk, take care of kids, clean house, exercise doubly, and all before 6:00. Oops and I forgot lunch and dinner....which I should have eaten by now...Why do I let one mistake or mishap ruin the rest of my life? Just because I broke my schedule and didnt get on the treadmill 1 friggin time, I just give up. Where is my motivation? Which one of you chickies stole it? :lol:

Ok, I only lost 1 measly lb. Poo-Poo! All this kickin my butt aint making much of a difference, so why even kill myself for nothing. I know I should be happy, I should try to take off an extra lb today by exersizing by buttocks off, but why? What will I get for it except a headache, being tired and not getting the things I need around the house done. I just wanna pull out all of my hair and run in a circle screaming!!! Then I wanna go jump in the lake with the aligator and choke it to death and fry it up for dinner!! Then I wanna go run around screaming again!!!! :?: :dizzy: :?:

Ok enough of that bull crap...I need to slap myself and get back on track. Weight is not that big of a deal, there are others who have no legs and cant exercise, and others who have cancer or aids or other problems. Burn victims and Abuse victims, paralzyed people. There is a person right now that probably just lost their family to a car crash and I'm sitting here complaining about 1 freakin lb. I should be kicked in the butt by God himself, I should be happy that I am soo blessed that I have finger to type. I should be grateful for my beautiful (healthy) kids, my poor hubby that doesnt know what he's gotten into :lol: , my family that I can still hug and hold on to, and you chickies who unfortunately have to listen to all my crap!! So, I am... I need to fall down on my knees and beg for forgiveness!!! :(

Ok....now :o :dizzy: :^: :smug: :D

Satine- How dare you leave here with out speaking to us!!! :lol: I'm just kidding, Have a good weekend. Congrats on the 1 lb!

Mscat816- Have fun and enjoy your day....but wasnt that yesterday's theme? :lol: Hope you feel better & Have a good weekend.

Scuzin- I'd like to think that people would think I would beat the crap out of them too!!! :lol: Just so they won't mess with me. Well that's great what all of them said about you, I just learned the same thing. How on the journals people actually value my comments I make to them, and they all made me feel sooo special when I was having on of my many tantrums. Now that you know how amazing you are, how are you gonna act now??? HMM??? Hopefull not like "Satine" who was too good to talk to us!! :lol: :lol:

Nah just kidding Satine, dont want my butt kicked, just trying to make jokes today to make up for about 30 lines ago!

Faye- I dont remember what you said last time except for the suggestions to me :lol: (that figures huh?) Me, Me, me! Well anyway, thanks I"m gonna try that, my parents are both diabetic, so when I get there I'll get them to check my sugar....dont wanna pay 75 dollars just to get it checked at the Dr.

Well Mirabelly, sorry about the pastel thing...but I have been here all this time and didnt even know those colors were on there!!! DUH!! But I"m over it now!!!

Well I must go and get my daughter to sleep so I can attempt to exercise. Guess I'll do aerobics first then treadmill. If I can't finish the whole treadmill thingy, I could do the rest later. Oh well, Bye everyone!

beth_on_the_beach
05-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Hello Everyone!

Sounds like ups and downs around here. I got up in a great mood myself. I think it is because I have been sleeping so much better for the past 4 or 5 nights. I have terrible sleeping problems so a few nights of good sleep makes all the difference. I think I'm sleeping better because I'm walking everyday.

I haven't been weighing myself. I decided not to let myself get in the trap of letting the scale decide my moods or determination to continue on-plan. But the plus side is I know I've lost weight. I can tell in my clothes and face. My underwear seem to be getting bigger. I always have that illusion that the underwear are growing instead of me shrinking lol. My jeans are quite a bit bigger as well so....I'm a happy camper.

I'm sitting here watching my parakeet, Peeve, and I think he is having set with the little copper bell in his cage lol. Now that is depressing, he's getting more than I am lol.

Oh, I had a 3 point day yesterday. Should have a 4 point today. I have to walk to the store to get some food so that will give me my exercise. It's about 2 1/2 miles round trip. I feel like I'm in the army walking home with a full backpack on my back lol.

Jaymi - My advice for what's it worth. Lighen up and stop being so hard on yourself. There are enough people in the world that will be happy to make your life a misery, don't do it to yourself. Hope your day improves.

Mscat - Sorry to hear you're sick. I hate to say it but I haven't been sick, not even a cold, for over a year. Okay, I know I'm asking for it now lol. As I say, I can't catch a cold, I'm not fast enough lol.

Well, on that note I think I will get my rear-in-gear and get out the door.

I hope everyone has a great day! Oh and congrats to the losers, and yes that's you as well Jaymi. A pound is a pound, don't make it less than it is!

Beth

gma22
05-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Faye :dancer:
Carri :cp:
Beth :cp:

LBS DOWN SO FAR: 6 TOTAL, JAYMI 1, CARRI 1, FAYE 4

Julie: I forgot to gived you some movie choices so I hope it isn't too late. Uptown Girls is great as is Calendar Girls, both which came out recently. If the kids are involved Cheaper by the Dozen with Steve Martin is wonderful even if you are alone it is a great movie, Miracle just came out and is superb, I just finished watching Out of Time with Denzel Washington and it is pretty good, Love Actually is good too, Stuck on you is kind of stupid but it is ok, The Missing with Tommy Lee Jones is good and Intolerable Cruelty is ok just because cutey pie Clooney is in the movie, Radio, Under the Tuscan Sun are both excellent and I could go on. (btw, I have a Netflix account that is why I have seen all these new movie releases! :lol: ) Hope you enjoy some of them like I did.

Everyone have a great afternoon and weekend for those of you who don't post during the weekend!

Sarah: Did you desert us already?

Satine
05-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Afternoon -

Jaymi - Now see I knew I was gonna get attitude for not acknowledging everyone, ha ha :lol: C'Mon I can take it girl.....We both lost one pound this week, yeah us!! I like it better when I lose 2 but I am going to take the one as an accomplishment and so should you...It is true what you said, other people are going through horrible things right now with thier health or families, you should be thankful for what you do have instead of dwelling on all of the "me" negatives...you can turn it around :) A pound is a pound is a pound

MsCat - Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, get well soon!!!!

Faye - Good job on the 4 pounds, I can hear Twoterville calling for you!!!

Susan - That would be interesting to find out what people think...I sometimes have trouble making friends because of my "intimidating" factor, or so I am told. My problem is I am too honest, say what I feel w/o thinking about it first...foot in mouth syndrome :foot: ha ha

Julie - Movies huh, lets see...of the new ones I am not sure, of course I have million older ones I would suggest , Moulin Rouge, Moonstruck, When Harry Met Sally, Stella, and I love scary movies like Candyman, Texas Chainsaw, 28 Days Later, of course those aren't chic flicks, but I am not really a chick flick kind of girl...enjoy yourself!!!

Beth - Peeve is the birds name? As in your "Pet" Peeve? :rofl:
Sorry couldnt resist, I am such a cornball :crazy:

Everyone else, have a great weekend since I probably wont check in, got alot to do this weekend, later :dancer:

mscat816
05-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Even though I felt crappy this a.m. from my cold - I practiced one of my favorite philosophies of life. I call it DIA - which stands for Do It Anyway. I learned about this from my Landmark Forum when our leader challenged us to do at least one thing everyday just because we had the thought of not wanting to do it.

Believe me I did not want to do my 5k training today, but I suited up and Did it anyway! I walked/jogged 3 miles in an hour! I had a breakfast this a.m., chicken and salad for lunch, and now finishing up 48 oz of water. One more meal and 48 more oz and I will be a 4 pointer for the day :smug: But best of all - got on the scale after my run and I am down from 232 on Monday to 227!!!! :cb: :cb: Is that 6 lbs or what????
Satine, Beth, Scuzin, Jaymi :thanks: for the well wishes - your good thoughts have great healing power

Jaymi - check out landmarkeducation.com and call your local office to attend a free introduction - it has changed my life - I already thought I was a positive and resilient person before I attended the forum. Now there is nothing that gets me down. Since the classes I have become fully aware of the incredible person I am and to recognize the extraordinary in everyone around me - even those who I don't like. You are a precious gift :gift:to everyone you come into contact with - your family, friends, co-workers, us. You would not talk to someone you love the way you talk to and about yourself. So stop it - and let me remind you how incredible you are! I was glad to see you acknowlege that there are others who are more unfortunate - just keep reminding yourself - your glass is always halful :halffull:- rather than half empty.

Off my soap box and into that long awaited tub and a book I have promised myself. Have a great weekend, chickies!

mscat sw238/cw227/gw140

beth_on_the_beach
05-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Carri - yes as in pet peeve...that's why I named him Peeve...so I could say, "this is my pet Peeve"...yes, I need a life lol.

I made it to the store and back, but bought too much. I felt like I was in the Army with an 80 lb pack on my back walking home, but it wasn't too bad. It was hot. I will be complaining about the heat until December so you might as well get used to it lol.

I have to say that it didn't seem as bad today, but then there was a breeze. I also noticed that the walk to the store was easier. I must be getting in a little better shape, which is really cool. Although I was still a sweaty mess when I got home.

Well, just thought I would check in so I guess that's all I have for the moment.

Oh, I just noticed the lbs down. Way to go Faye!

Beth

Mirabelly
05-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Way to Go all you LOSERS!!!

"pet Peeve" OMG!! ROFLMAO~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Ok well I've picked myself up and gotten back on track...but before I go there.....

Ok I dont remember exactly who I discussed this with but We all were interested in the NCC...NO CRAP CHALLENGE! Anyone who wants to start it let me know. I guess it would have to be Monday. Some people do it by the week, others by the month. I prefer weekly. Any one who's interested let me know.

We arent gonna get the truck so...whatever. We'll look somewhere else.

Ok I'm going to try and change my whole attitude. I want to make some new goals in my life.

1. Be a better wife
2. Be a better mom
3. Be a better "me"

I'm going to need you guys support because If I start slipping up, I want you to fuss at me. Dont show me mercy!! I know better.

Also, my weight goals will remain also. But If i dont lose, or even if I gain, I will be fine because I will know that I have done the best that I could possibly do.

And I wanna feel that way about everything I do! Ok, my hubby wants to take a ride while we talk, so will come back later and comment on you all.

Lots of Luv to all of U,

Jaymi

gma22
05-22-2004, 07:00 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What can you share with us to make us laugh or smile?

Beth: How cute! On the movie Cheaper by the Dozen, this one little boy's two frogs were names Pork and the other Beans. I had to see the movie the second time to catch that one! My dog is a yorkie we got at a breeder and dh named him Fortune because he said that is what he was going to cost us! :lol:

Today is work on the patch of dirt around the deck and put in the marble chips day, UGH! Temps are supposed to be low 90's today! :eek: Dh also has to put up 3 new light fixtures and we have to paper all the walls in the newly redecorated downstairs bathroom with protective paper then spray the ceiling with texture as the first time we did it was not enough and the old stain showed through. Hope you all are doing something like picnicking, amusement park or some other fun thing and think about me sweating off the lbs in the back yard!

Have a great day everyone!

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Sorry chickies, not having a good morning, and since today is not to bring anyone else down, I'm not gonna even ruin the day for everyone!! But I do have some good news, Before I started here my weigh-in day was on Saturday, but I decided to switch it so that I could participate better. Well as you know I was having a hissy because I had only lost one lb, so I stepped on this morning just to see and I had lost 2 more lbs!! :) So 3 lbs all together... YAY!!! I hope that made someone else smile today!! That's the best I can do!! So now I will go and depress the people in the journals.... LOL!!! Have a good day, will try to check back later!

Mirabelly
05-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!

Well, it's not very sunny here today. Actually, it just started raining......but I'm feeling sunny anyway. DH went to Canada for the weekend, which will make him happy to have some "adult time" with his friends. And I get to just chill out and relax for a day or two. Those were all great movie suggestions. Not sure which one I will get.....I finally watched Under the Tuscan Sun a few weeks ago. I love that movie! DH didn't get it, but that's ok.

I got 3 points for yesterday. No exercise again! :( I've given myself this past week to decompress from the show and not get too upset if I don't get in the exercise, etc. So, tomorrow I'm back to working hard for those 4 points. I have a vacation coming up in the middle of August, and I'd REALLY like to be down to 185 by then. That's 2 pounds a week, which is double what I have been averaging. But I think that with the summer weather and farmer's markets opening up soon......I can speed things up a bit.

Faye, I'm so proud of you for getting so much done on your house. It must look so beautiful! And you are getting in so much extra exercise!! Good for you!

Beth--Way to go on walking to the store!! I'm thinking if gas gets much more expensive, I'm gonna have to get me a pack mule and do the same thing!! It costs me $50 to fill up for the week!!!!! Too bad the nearest store is 23 miles away :lol:

Jaymie--congrats on the pounds down..........hey, did we tell ya that upping your calories would help?? Please don't belittle the 1 pound a week, though. I've been averaging 1 pound a week since last summer and have racked up 45 pound loss....that's nothing to sneeze at, and I know I won't gain it back because the healthy habits I've developed over a long time have now become a way of life, not just a "diet".

Ok, hope everyone is having a great weekend. Talk to you later,
Julie

Mirabelly
05-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Oh Carrie......Thanks for the info on WW. I think I've decided to just buckle down and "do it my way" (THANKS to your encouraging words!). I just don't have the $$ to spend.

I did try Atkins for a while, but I could never eat like that forever and I got sick of all the heavy meat and fat. Plus, dh has kidney problems.....so it's right out for him!

Just gotta get serious again, that's all.

Thanks,
Julie

mscat816
05-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Well . . . we had two days of flooding storms so our grass is as tall as hay (the neighbors are going to complain to the city soon) and our back yard has two mini lakes! For once I'm grateful that we don't have a basement - we saw cars flooded up to their windows in the news.

My sunny news is I am still on :cloud9: about my recent loss. I had a 4 pointer yesterday, resisted a carb craving at 11 p.m. and had a few grapes instead. :dancer: My legs are so sore from my 3 mile walk/jog I can't do any exercising with them - so I did a hundred crunches instead and planning to add some pushups. I am shooting for another 4 pointer!

Been looking at myself (the real me!) in bathroom mirror :yikes: I look like Jabba the Hut. :( Any suggestions for exercises for the mid-section? It is where I am heaviest and the last place I show results. Oh how I miss my 24" waist!

Faye - we have stopped temporarily on the bathroom and getting estimates from contractors on bumping out the wall to expand the bathroom and our bedroom. Working on computer architect program to get some ideas of parameters. If the price is right - we will get it done and let the contractor finish it!
Julie - You are my inspiration - I know you can do it - Go for the Gold! :cheer:

Jaymi - Congrats on your lbs down! The power is with in you to make incredible strides. Just keep believing and you will achieve!

Have a great day! mscat
sw238/cw227/gw140

beth_on_the_beach
05-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Hello All,

Not much going on here. I get 4 points for yesterday. I am planning on going for a walk in a bit to get out of the house. The diet is going very well so I'm happy with that. I'm not weighing myself until July 30th or about then. My sister is coming down then to visit and then we are going back up to SC and I will stay with my folks for 2 - 3 weeks so I want to know what I've lost before that happens.

Faye - That's a cute name for your dog. I know someone that bought an expensive dog and had to save the money for his so they named him Budget.

Jaymi - I'll do it with you. I try not to eat anything with added sugar / salt and no preprocessed foods. I eat one meal out a week, which might be anything. I do that on Thursdays. Otherwise it is all fresh foods, very little meat, mostly fruits / vegies.

Julie - Well life has made it easy for me. My car needs some work and I'm too poor / cheap to get it done right now so I have no choice but to walk. Actually, part of the reason I don't get it fixed is because I know I would stop walking and drive. Besides, like you said, I couldn't afford $2.00 + a gallon for gas anyway!

Have a wonderful day,

Beth

gma22
05-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Julie :cp:
MsCat :bravo:
Beth :bravo:
Faye :dancer:

Man, I am pooped. We got the flower patch cleaned up and the first load of marble chips in then I steam cleaned all the patio chair cushions, mopped the floor, we put in the light fixtures, I washed, ironed and put curtains back up and now the Cubs are on tv so I should get back to watching as we rarely get to see them play. Just wanted to check in.

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
05-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Hi all!

Just popping in to let you know I am still around - but really suffering the effects of changing my meds - this should wear off in a week or so.

Well, I dusted my scales off and weighed myself today - NOT GOOD NEWS! - I weigh 257lb - which is my highest ever! I really need to do something about this, it's scaring me how my weight keeps going up and up. I've written myself a menu plan for the weightwatchers diet, and I will do a few more - I am going to focus on 7lb at a time, and hopefully they will all add up without becoming too overwhelming!

Well done evryone on their pounds down!

Love Amanda x

Scuzin
05-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Hello all
I did it! I got back to the gym today :) I feel pretty darn good, even though as expected I can do the same kind of workout I did a few weeks ago when I stopped all together. I think my body got the message and my metabolism perked up because my weight has been hovering around 187 as opposed to creeping up and hovering at 196. I can't wait till another 3 pounds are off! that will be a MAJOR milestone.

Amanda - Sorry to hear things are not going well, its good to think about small amounts at a time, and you know we are all here for you. I like that you changed your signature to "still a queen"...Darn right you are! no matter what

gma22
05-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Amanda: Oh my poor sweet thing what a shock that must have been and a real downer for you too! Hey, the initial 75 lbs I lost was because I did a menu plan out for everyday. I did it day to day but whatever works for you. You HAVE to stick with it and really fight the hunger and the head hunger. Bob Greene the famous trainer (he is Oprah's trainer) said that when your body tells you that you are hungry especially at night and you are not to eat anymore that that means if you DON'T eat you will burn fat because your body WON'T go hungry so it basically eats on the stored fat since you won't feed it! Don't forget to add exercise even if it is only like 15-20 minutes to begin with and if you can't do more, try doing the 15 minutes twice a day like in the morning and then again in the afternoon. That is what I did when I started.

Susan: You go girl! You are doing great!

I have been so incredibly sloppy with my program. Up and down and up and down. I am not gaining huge amounts, but I will lose then eat badly a couple days gaining part of it back. I need to do what Amanda is doing and go back to setting up a daily menu for myself.

You all have a good night!

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-22-2004, 10:30 PM
Sorry chickies!!! The neighbors had my eyes in tears early this morning...I have such a short fuse!!!!! :devil: But it's ok, I should have expected something to happen, just when I decide I'm going to get myself straight!! But...never mind that. In the journals they are starting a No crap challenge, so I decided that I'll go ahead and try it. What could it hurt? I need something to keep my inline while I am out there with my favorite resturants!!! Whataburger and Casa Ole'!! MMMM gotta stop myself now!!! I still havent figured out how I'm gonna exercise, maybe go on the seawall and walk or if all else fails, Denise Austin will be there!! :lol: Well 4 pts for today, and yesterday. Glad we dont have to have pts for attitude!! Well let's see what I missed:

Mirabelly- sorry about the 1lb thing, it's just when you have a certain goal for the month, and time is running out...you kinda get discouraged when it looks grim. But I see now, at least I didnt gain, and hey I did better than I thought. Sorry I didnt give you any input on any movies!! I'm kind of a kiddie sort of gal!! The "neverending story queen" LOL I wish I could help you on the WW idea, but I was going to join, the prices out here wasnt as high as I thought...unless they had a hidden fee, but I wouldnt be able to attend any of the meetings because of their times so...counting calories will have to do. I'll see if I can get some info from my mother in law, she was supposed to mail me some...but I'm still waiting. If you can tell me the exact name of what you are looking for, I'll write it in my home journal, and do the best I can by getting copies made or whatever.

Mscat- Congrats on your loss!! Well I've asked several people what I should do to get rid of my tummy. One is my cousin, she's had 2 kids and has a six pack. She's a dance instructor too! She also is orginally built like me, but butt and boobs!! :) So anyway she said aerobics is the best way. It doesnt matter if you do a million sit ups a day, you have to get rid of the fat before you can even see your abs. You might have a six pack already, but you have to get rid of the fat, and basically just keep exercising and losing the weight. I took her advice the first time, when I got down to 127 lbs, My baby pooch was gone and my stretch marks were gone too!! (for the time being) So I know for a fact that works. By the way, will check out the website!! Thanks.

Beth- I am going out of town next week, in the middle so I need something to keep me on track. So this is my goals for the NCC.
1. I will exercise 7 days a week, at least 60 minutes a day
2. I will only eat the correct foods, even if we go out to eat
3. If I can't follow plan, I will eat a very small serving
4. I will drink as much water as possible
5. I will not fall victim to stress and depression
What part of SC are they in? That's where I am.

Faye- You just need your own darn TV show!!! How to fix a whole house...constantly!!! :lol: Darn, I burn calories just listening to you, and trying to figure out what the heck you are talking about sometimes!! :lol: I dont think I've ever had curtains in any of my houses, so you can see why I dont know much.. I'm a mini-blind type of gal!! :)

Amanda- just keep your head up! Right now, just get better and worry about everything else later. I'm definately here to support you, and anything I can do for ya let me know.

Scuzin- Way to go chickie!!! Exercise is always something that is the hardest to do, but once you do it, you feel great! In the mornings, I swear my eyes are sometimes still closed when I'm doing Denise Austin, but after a while I feel great!

Satine- You were right....a pound, is a pound, is a pound. At least I didnt gain!! I tell ya, if I had to chose my family or not being fat...I'd rather have my family and be 500 lbs!! Because there's no use to losing weight, If I dont have anyone to love or to love me!! Well, that's how I feel anyway. So I shoud thank God, that I have the option to have both.

Well chickies...my daughter is spitting up everywhere....I dont even know what, this might be the second time ever since she's been born. My son has sleep all night and all day until 5 p.m. I check him out and he has a fever!!! Hopefully I wont catch whatever it is.... Strep throat was horrible, and I'm not even going to talk about the virus that made me pass out and almost choke to death.... :dizzy: I cant afford to keep catching stuff from those kids!!!

I'm going to get her temp just to make sure and get ready for bed. So I'll check you chickies later!

cat90
05-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LOSERS :bravo:

I was up 1lb at yesterdays weigh-in so not so bad considering my indulgences ;) and it was 3lbs earlier in the week :eek: so you could say i'm happy with that :shrug: i'll make sure i post a loss next friday :D

Julie, you can find everything that you need to follow W.W. online ;) you will find points values for everything at www.dwlz.com an excellent site! and there are some great recipes here www.angelfire.com/journal/wwrecipes/index.html for your current weight you will need to keep your pts within 22-29 pts :D my book is an old one tho so don't take that as gospel :lol: i'm sure its not changed that much tho' :dunno: :goodluck: if you decide to follow it.

gma22
05-23-2004, 06:54 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is the poll for today. What spice or condiment are you mad for. ie a pepper lover, garlic freak, hot sauceaholic?

later girls

Mirabelly
05-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Morning Chickies!

Still raining here....but that's ok. The kids and I have been vegging together. DD #2 has been dying to see the Lizzie McGuire movie....I've resisted cuz it's a teeny-bopper movie and she's only 8! But she's a "mature" 8 :lol: So, we got that...and it actually wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I also rented the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, which I've wanted to see forever but just CAN'T rent it when dh is watching too. Boy, I cried just about all the way through that one! Then I watched some LAME-O middle eastern themed movie called "Intimate Power". I knew it was gonna be a crap plot, but hoped that it would give me some costume ideas. Nope! It was all nylon chiffon and gold lame and cheapie Indian coin belts. I could have done a better costuming job with what's in my CLOSET right now!

Let's see, I've also got a Johnny Depp movie called "The Man Who Cried" (probably wait until dh gets back to watch that one. I get all hot and bothered watching J. D.......so why do that to myself when I'm alone????) And I rented "Showgirls"....again for the costumes. And one more, what was it? Oh yeah, "Girl With the Pearl Earring" about the painting of the same name. It looked really interesting, and won a bunch of awards. So, I guess I'm set for a while.

I had 3 points yesterday. No exercise. Going right out to the garage to remedy that when I get done here. On the plus side, I've lost the "stress pounds" from the last month and am down to 205. So, I'm moving in the right direction. I talked to my mom last night and she is doing so awesome! She is below 200 for the first time since I was born (I think)! And she actually said she was starting to like her body again!! I'm so proud of her :D
She's having extra skin issues, though. I told her to come here and read some of the stuff on the surgery forum. She's had her knees replaced and goes in tomorrow for back surgery......so another one is not appealing to her. But I think she may feel differently when she is 140 and saggy all over. :lol: I'm hoping I'll escape that problem :crossed: because I'm fairly young and because even though I was very overweight, I still had tons of muscle from the fighting and dancing. We'll see.

Amanda---Don't give up sweetie!! The menu plans will really help you. You can do this, I know you can.

MsCat--Thanks for the websites. I checked them out and they are great. Unfortunately, I do alot of cooking and I make up my own recipes so it's hard to count points out of a book or off a website. It's easier to just add up calories, so that's what I'll do.

Silly Poll---lately I've been overdosing on the pesto sauce. It's not bad for you, but there's alot of olive oil in it. And of course, you gotta have lotsa pasta to put it on!

Well, gotta go......

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Julie

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Hello chickies!

Well I'm here home alone again as usual, Hubby is out fishing so I'm here with the kids. My daugher is playing that I dont wanna sleep role again, but I'm not hearing it. If she doesnt go to sleep, I cant get on my treadmill, and the later it gets the harder it is for me to fit it in. I have loads of other stuff to do. I've barely ate breakfast, did my denise austin for 60 minutes and walked the pup for 20 minutes. I've watched Dora 3 times already, so that's it for me. Today was supposed to be a family day, but I guess it was only important to me. HMM I wonder what made that man call Derrick at 7:30 in the morn? Satan himself probably :devil: Only because he knew that would have the tears rolling. He of course asked, and I said yes. But that's not the point. Scr*w it anyway, i dont care what the devil throws my way, he can send 1000 arrogant, prejudiced neighbors over here ranting and raving, I'll treat them like I treated the other one, No emotion, no violence :lol: I dont care how many times and how many days I start off in tears, if the devil is fighting me that hard, then I must be doing the right things. Nothing is gonna stop me from my goals, I will have to fall out and die first. I'm not going to let anyone else determine my future. I'm going to be a better mom and I'm going to be a better person. If I may not be happy on the outside, God will see and hear how hard I'm trying, and he will have mercy on me. No weapons formed against me shall prosper....All those who rise up against me shall fall.. That's my new saying... I am not going to defeat myself, never ever again. I am a mommy and I'm proud to be one. Not everyone has been blessed in that way, not everyone has the love for their children like I do. They have saved my life, and they will always be my first loves.

Sorry chickies, had to get it all out. I am not complaining, because you know what, that's for whuss's. I'm a soldier, and I'm a fighter. I had forgotten that! I had been fighting all of this time to lose weight, over and over, but I thought I was a loser and a failure. But I refuse to be one ever again. It's not even the point of losing or gaining weight, but it's the fight that is soo important now. Now that I've declared my self a soldier, then I will fight until my dying day to improve my life, my kid's lives, my relationship with God, and my family, and even with my hubby. Nothing, will ever defeat me again.!!!
I am somebody, I am special, I am loved, I was put here for a purpose and I am going to fulfill it.

Well chickies, now that my speech is over lol, I've gotten the baby to sleep so I've got to get ready for battle, that dreadfull treadmill is waiting, and I will conquer it!!!! Anyone wants to join my army to defeat this weight? All you have to do is try your best, and I know you can do it!! Love you all!!!!

P.s... I love, cayenne pepper, garlic, and hotsauce!!! I cant chose one!!

knobhdy
05-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Hey Ladies,

how is everyone. I am still fighting with my computer and stealing online time, but otherwise life is good. Well mostly good: My school is doing standardized testing until the end of the day on Monday. It messes up my schedule, stresses out the kids and generally makes life H***! Also on Friday one of my best friend- co-workers left for a fellowship research opertunity in England. It is a great thing for her and she will be back in a month or so, but it was a very hard good-bye on Friday.

Good news though is that Saturday was my 5th aniversity. The SO and I went to the theater and then dinner, where I tossed, no threw, no forcable ejected my diet out the window and had a great night.

Which in some ways is a shame because on frday when I weighed in I had lost 2 bls this week. I suspect I gained them back on saturday. On the other hand I measured this morning and I have lost 10.5 inches since joining you ladies. Yeah!

Julie - I will be living in E-18 (I suspect. We have lived there for 6 years) at pennsic, right next to the Shadowclans' castle. I will be there for 2 weeks cause I am staff for the Chirurgeonate again this year. My SCA name is Elizabeth Reed. We should find each other this year. We can go dancing.

Have a great day ladies. I hope the weather is better where you all are.
:wave:

beth_on_the_beach
05-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Afternoon Everyone,

I'm getting a late start today, but then that isn't all that unsual for me. I get 4 points for yesterday. Not much going on around here. I'm going for a walk when I finish this.

Faye - I wish I had a yard to work in and get out in. I hate living in an apartment. It seems so confined.

The Girl with the Pearl Earing is very good. Just beautiful. Every frame looks like a painting and in fact some of them are his paintings. Don't expect any action. Not much happens. It is all very subtle.

My favorite spice....well I'm from the Midwest...in the Midwest there are only three spices...salt, pepper, and ketcup lol. I would have to go with salt and pepper. Never was a big fan of ketcup.

Seems like there should be more, but I can't think of anything.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Beth

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-23-2004, 03:26 PM
:wave: Sorry chickes, "Major Payne" :drill: took my place this morning, but its me again. I'll just give myself 4 pts today since I've done exercises and I know that I wont cheat on the food, since I dont have anything to cheat with, and I'm drinking water as we speak. My daughter had woke up, but I magically :wizard: put her back to sleep....wish I knew how I did it!

Guess what, I think this deserves a WTG My hubby sent me off to the store last night to buy him, chips, chilli, popcorn, cakes, and 2 candy bars. I passed them up all last night and this morning and I have no desire to eat any of it. Just to prove to him that I'm stronger now, I left it sitting on the cabinet. I didnt buy anything for myself either, so that's good too. Food will not control of me, I have control of food.

Everyone else is probably off enjoying themselves, either Faye working on her house or some of you working in the garden and spending time with your family, I'm the only one spending the day typing my guts off!!

Oops spoke too soon about Jariel's nap!! Well I hope everything is going great for everyone, I dont have too much planned for the week. M, T,W same as always with packing included. Tx will be a challenge. His grandmother will try to stuff food in my face, and she gets offended when you dont eat, so I might try to stay at my dads as much as possible. Which will be hard because driving all the way to my parents house for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner will get tired quickly! Exercise might not be as much because there's no treadmill, the seawall is about a 40 minute walk, but I cant' walk it twice. Denise Austin will come on at 6 am out there so, but darn that's early!! I mean I'd have to wake up even earlier to drive to my parents house to do it. My hubby's grandparents will be up already looking at TV and stuff so I cant do it in there. I will still try to fit time in for at least an hr of exercise a day, I will be sooo busy running around that I doubt that I'll miss anything. Well I've babbled enough, I will talk with you all tomorrow~ Bye all! :wave:

gma22
05-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Afternoon ladies! Hope everyone is enjoyig their weekend.

Jaymi :bravo:
Julie :cp:

We had a nice lunch out on our deck today. It is so nice to have a place to grill out and then eat together. I just wish we had be able to afford stuff like this when our kids were still at home. It was pretty hot though and I was barefoot and burned my foot when I got up to go inside on the wood planks. They could have cooked eggs! That will teach me. I hate two things, shoes and bras, not necessarily in that order! :lol:

We put up the last light fixture and did the re-texturing of the bathroom ceiling almost asphyxiating ourselves! The stuff comes in a spray can like spray paint and has the same kind of fumes. I had turned on the bathroom fan, but there are no windows for ventilation anywhere nearby so it was gag, gag, gag. I went to the store several hours later and came back and it still stunk in the house so I turned on every portable fan and the ceiling fan to try and dissipate the smell.

Tomorrow is going to be another hot and sunny day here. Oh as for the poll, I use a lot of spices now that I am cooking different, but I guess I use garlic a lot. I like hot sauce but like Beth though from the north am not a big fan of ketchup or catsup depending on where you live! :lol: I use it mostly to cook with like meatloaf and I use it in a homemade western salad dressing that is to die for.

Everybody stay safe today!

Faye ;)

knobhdy
05-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Hi Ladies,
:cheer: My computer is fixed! I am so happy. I will be posting more often now that I have regular internet access.

I had a 3 point day today. I ate great and walked 5 miles (The middle 4 I did in 1H 5M, which is getting better. The goal is to walk 4 miles/hour) I gave the water the good old Harvard try but, while I had quite a bit, I can't say that I got my full amount in.

As for the poll: I like garlic. I put it in almost everything. Also fresh ground pepper and Kosher salt. (I think I watch too much foodTV.) Beyond the basics though I like Dill. I think it is my favorite non-standard spice. A couple of summers ago my mother planted a whole patch of dill and in the fall she dryed it and gave me a huge bag. It didn't last long (with no preservatives) but while I had it, it was the best for cooking. And it made the kitchen smell heavenly. :)

Have a good evening everyone.

gma22
05-24-2004, 08:13 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week: Many of us lead stressful lives away from what we are doing with our weight loss programs. I see many of you not handling upsets, anger or stress well at all. We do not realize that the way in which we handle regular everyday emotions conflicts with food digestion and does inhibit the way our weight loss program goes. Try this week to better handle situations that stress you, make you angry, or sadden you. Put things into perspective and most of all take time to back up from a situation and take a big deep breath and relax!

talk to you later girls.

Faye

Mirabelly
05-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Sheesh, it's still raining! 3 days straight. Oh well.....it's amazing to me how much I'm affected by the weather. My mood, motivation, energy level....all tied to whether the sun is shining or not.

Finally had a 4 point day yesterday. Almost didn't get the exercise in, but I had to do some choreography for my class tonight. So, I got in about an hour of dancing.

Knobhdy--I wrote down your name and Pennsic address. I'll definitely try to look you up when I get there. We usually only go for the 2nd week so we don't blow all of James' vacation time. Plus it takes us 2 days to get there and 2 days to get back....so there's almost a whole work week right there. Are you usually at chirugeon's point or on the battle field working? I'll either be fighting or watching the kids. It's funny, you'd think I'd spend all my time at the middle eastern dance tent, but I hardly ever get a chance to go over there anymore. I've been doing this sca thing for 20 years! When I was heavy into the sca belly dancing, there was NO place for it at Pennsic. (they didn't even have a&s classes....shoot, my first pennsic the merchants all fit in the barn, and they were still fighting the woods battle in the BOG!) A few friends and I fought hard to encourage semi-period dress and music and now it's like a belly dancer's heaven. But I dance with my mundane troupe every week, and pennsic is fighting time.

Ok, I know that was GREEK to the rest of you gals...........sorry! :lol:

Not much is going on here........need to get some work done, though.

So ta ta for now!
Julie

Satine
05-24-2004, 09:30 AM
Geesh! Alot happened over the weekend, two whole pages worth! I am not going to even try and make personal comments on all of that :D

So tired this morning, I got like 2 hours of sleep last night, had some heartburn and indegestion from an evening cookout with some friends. Oh well early to bed tonight...

For the Sunday Poll, I am a hot sauce queen...I did not used to like it but my dh always used it so I tried it and now love it on most anything...

I did good at my sisters cookout this weekend, stayed totally OP and didnt have any cake, so I worried for nothing...gotta meet my challenge of 185
by July 4th...that is 11 pounds in about 5 weeks, I dont know if that is doable or not, but hey I am going to try!! It is going to be hard because June 2-6th we are going on vacation with friends and I told myself that I will not go by program those 4 days, so I may gain 3-4 pounds...who knows...

Well Happy Monday morning, if you can call it that :lol: Later girls!!

gma22
05-24-2004, 09:58 AM
I hope all is going well with everyone this morning. Let us commit this week to our programs and try and have a 4 pt Mon-Fri week for all of us!

I COMMIT TO TRY AS HARD AS I POSSIBLY CAN TO HAVE A 4 PT WEEK. I WILL WORK ON MY ATTITUDE TOWARDS FOOD AND KEEP IT IN PERSPECTIVE!

God Bless you Amanda! I decided to go back to writing up a menu everyday with calories and fat to try and stay on my program completely and not stray. I know I have gotten really sloppy but I am going to stop sabotaging myself and do what is good for me and I hope you all do the same!

I will talk to you all later!

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-24-2004, 10:07 AM
OH well, just also wanted everyone today to know that I didnt cry or get angry this morning!!! If anything tries to happen now.... I will handle it like a soldier!

By the way, Faye, I got a quick question about the points, with the food, if you ate the wrong foods, or a food that isnt all that great, but still did good with calories, do you still get the point? Or do you have to eat the right foods and stay under your calorie range?

Uh ooh Dora is on, time to try to get some work done!!! Talk with you all later!!! Jay

Sandybrat
05-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Hello Beautifuls... I had a great weekend dispite getting sick...went to visit my sister and had a blast... did NOT stay op... too many beers... but we laughed so hard my tummy still hurts.... i needed to get away... and now i am all refreshed and much more patient with my kidlets. i am so guilty of putting myself last... that i decided that when i take care of me and my needs first i am a better person to all around me. so... the workouts are back on and i am going to do some yoga and belly dancing here in the house. i am alos going to limit my time on this machine... come in the morning to check in with you ladies and then maybe again in the evening... i must have caught what the kids have been passing around... very tired, sore throat, constant nose blowing...lol sounds like fun doesnt it... sorry ladies didnt mean to make u all jealous... hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! i am glad all seems well wtih most of u... Amanda, just remember we ALL go thru times like u r now... and we just need to try and fing our balance... easier said than done at times... but balance is the key. Hope everyone has a great day... love to u all... rmember to take care of u... and i will remember to take care of me...
Sandy
ps... 2 more lbs gone...

gma22
05-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Jaymi: We all control our own programs and what we do with them, so it is up to you to decide whether or not you felt like you kept within your food program. I am on a fat and calorie program and for me, as long as I stay under my fat and calorie count for the day, it doesn't matter what I eat, I count my points. You just have to choose for yourself how you want your program to go.

I made lowfat lower sugar choc chip cookies today. I am experimenting with cookie recipes because I am thinking about selling them. My cookies are 80 cal and 30 fat cal apiece versus someone like Mrs Fields that are about 300 apiece and half of that is fat. My cookies are a little more cake like but still pretty good. I am working on chocolate/raspberry cookies, banana oatmeal raisin, peach a doodles (snickerdoodles with fresh peach in them) peanut butter banana cookies. They would all have fresh fruit purees in them not extracts. It is fun, something I can do from home and I am an excellent cook so I thought why not try it. I will let you know as I make a batch how they come out. Maybe I can bring samples to our reunion next year if they seem to take off.

Later gators!

Satine
05-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Afternoon :)

Just checking back in, wanted to let you girls know that I spent the gift card yesterday. I bought some jean shorts that I have been wanting, they were on sale yesterday for $29.99 ( right up my $30 gift card alley ) :lol:
I am going on vacation next week and needed some clothes, I actually need shirts pretty badly...

Hope all of you are having a good day!!

mscat816
05-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Got my 3k Training run completed in 30 minutes! It's not raining today! Going for a 4-pointer today and everyday for the rest of this week! (Love the challenge Faye!)

Avoiding stress is one of my favorite pastimes now since attending Landmark. I just presented a workshop on it so I would like to share my 10 tecniques over the next week.

The first one is - RECOGNIZE THE EXTRAORDINARY PERSON YOU ARE! You are whole, perfect, and incredible. You are unique and the special person you are is destined for great things. There is nothing you cannot overcome. You have everything in you to overcome whatever obstacles face you - Reach inside and utilize your gifts and reach outside for the gifts of others who have blessed your life with encouragement, hope, and a helping hand. Avoid those who want to squelch your talents, abilities, wisdom, and dreams - including that little voice inside you that wants to tell you otherwise!

The second one is BE YOUR WORD! Stress often comes from the battle we have within ourselves when we SAY (to ourselves or someone else) that we are committed to something and we don't keep that commitment. So instead of just saying you are committed to TRYING to have a 4-pointer day – Be committed to HAVING A 4-POINTER DAY! That means doing whatever it takes to be the person that has a 4-pointer day! A person that gets her water in, stays on plan, and gets her exercise in – No Matter What! No excuses.
Julie - Congrats on your 4-pointer Day :cb: - you are my 3fc Idol!

Jaymi - Hope I don't sound like a nag - when you use the pastel colored fonts some of your text is hard to read especially for old eyes like mine! ;)

Me thinks some of you are mixing my posts up with cat90 so I am going to sign all my posts with my full handle from here on out. Have a great day!

mscat816 sw2387/cw on 5-21-04/gw/140

cat90
05-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Thats alright MsCat i knew what she meant :lol: you might want to change your starting weight too :yikes: :lol3: know what you mean about Jaymi's fonts :eek: that turquoise one is a killer :mag: :lol:

Been a :ink: this weekend but a busy one too :lol: will have a 4pt'er today. I WILL :D

Julie, on dwlz you can get the pts values for flour, sugar, anything in fact so you could work out the pts value for your home cooking if you were so inclined ;)

The sun is shining and my laundry is waiting BBL :wave:

beth_on_the_beach
05-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Hello All,

I tried to post earlier, but my pc froze in the middle of it and I lost it. I didn't get back to it until now.

Julie - I'm the same way. The weather really plays on my moods. It should be interesting when I move up North next year how I deal with the winter!

Faye - I'm with you on the 4 point week. I get 4 points for yesterday. Although if I was making cookies I wouldn't come close to a 4 point day, unless it was a - 4 points lol.

Not much else going on here. I need to get going, but wanted to make sure I at least posted something today.

Have a good one,

Beth

cat90
05-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey Faye, i hope you see this cos Dr Phil's Ultimate Weightloss Finale is on today :D and you'll get a chance to see Monika :) i'm going to tape it cos it coincides with Coronation Street and i won't miss that for anything :lol: i've just looked at the website and what amazes me is how much YOUNGER everyone looks even without getting a makeover :cp: excess weight really does put years on you :rollpin: it should be a good show.

Sandybrat
05-24-2004, 06:22 PM
I forgot to post points for yesterday... 4 points. Still feeling yucky... can eat anything... just want to sleep. DS had a baseball game tonite that i am dreading going to... maybe i can find someone to bring him home for me then i can just drop him off. Altho i feel guilty doing that... Hope everyones having a fabulous day...
Sandy

gma22
05-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Cat: I did get to see Dr Phil today and she does look spectacular along with everyone else that was on the show. I saw though that there were only 10 that were on the stage. I guess Angela got kicked off, huh? I couldn't remember who else wasn't up there so I guess I will have to look at the website. I have to tell you if I were being monitored by thousands of people I am sure I wouldn't screw up too much! :lol: I told dh I thought Jim would win the challenge and sure enough he did though everyone else got some pretty great gifts too! Pretty car, huh? I told Jack he was going to have to pay for storage or drive the thing back to Chicago until they got moved out to LA and Dr Phil didn't consider whether or not his WIFE wanted to move, did he? Just wonder how she felt about that happening without her knowing about it.

I had a great day today and hope to continue with it. I have started 3 days a week working with weights (5lb) and doing toning exercises so we will see how that goes. If the darn pool would just open I would be ecstatic.

Everyone have a super evening and I will talk to you in the morning!

Amanda Panda
05-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Hi Guys!

Sorry I did not visit yesterday - I've just managed to catch up I think!

Thank you all so much for your support - you are all so great! I'm feeling well - at least I know where I am now and feel determined to do something about it! I started the first day of my diet and exercise plan today - which ties in well with the 4pt week plan!

My weekly menu is great - it allows me to have chocolate twice a week and a pizza on a Friday night!! (and all within my weightwatchers points). Not a takeaway pizza, but a supermarket thin crust one - I've gone off takeaway pizza anyway - too greasy! I think having a menu plan will really help me to stay disciplined - my self discipline is something I really need to work on, so knowing what I am to eat in advance will help. Of course I know there may be occasions when it is not possible to stick to a rigid menu - but if I stick to them 90% of the time then I'll be doing well!

So today was day one - I've stuck to my menu, cooked a proper evening meal, went for a walk to the shops, did 25 mins on my exercise bike and 80 sit ups - so all in all a good day! Even better is that todays menu allows me to have a chocolate bar, which I will have in a while - can't be bad can it? :lol:

I cleaned out my wardrobe the other day - I've packed away all my old clothes that are currently too small (ranging from UK size 16 - 22). I am currently wearing 24's and they are really tight - and some don't fit at all - so my first goal is to comfortably fit into my 24's! When I cleared everything out of my wardrobe that didn't fit - there wasn't alot left, so I need to get back into those smaller sizes! (and soon). The good thing is I have a whole wardrobe ready as I lose weight - some of it I haven't even worn before!

Jaymi - I am so sorry you are having a bad time and experiencing prejudice from your neighbours - that is so wrong! You hold your head up high and ignore their ignorance!

Faye - I got the idea of making the menu's off you so God bless you! You saying that you lost your first 75lb by following menu's has really boosted my confidence in them - so thank you!

MsCat - Thanks for your info on stress - they will be really helpful.

Everyone else - keep on keeping on!

Love Amanda xx

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Ok, did I miss a whole year or what?!?! Ok you chickies....SORRY ABOUT THE COLORS!!!! :lol: I am such a bad girl!! Didnt I tell Julie I would stop!!! I guess I dont realize that the turquiose colors and stuff are pastel too....DUH!! Ok today has been 4 pts, I even ate 1 gummy worm...But it wasnt nothing LOL

:chef: Faye- thanks for letting me know! I wasnt sure if it was the same for everyone or not, so I didnt want to be saying I was making points, and be untruthful. :cookie: Cookies sound yummy!!! :cookie:

Amanda- :thanks: Thanks for your support, those people just get on my nerves!! I'll be sitting down and have forgotten all about it...then I hear stomp, stomp, stomp. :rollpin: I should start knocking on their door and ask will they stop playing hopscotch all dang day!! LOL Hey, I still have all of my clothes from when I was small!! My sister or friends were trying to get them but it wasnt going to happen. I have a confession to make, I bought a size 7 pair of pink playboy jeans. I hung them up on the wall, so I can try to fit them. Now I am aware that a size 7 is almost impossible, but I will still have them to look at!! I love the sound of your diet....now that is how you are supposed to do it!!! If more people dieted like you, they wouldnt give up as easy. You make me want to put candy in my diet!!! :lol:

Sandy- I'm sorry youre feeling bad!! Congrats on the 2 lbs!!! :cheer: Put yourself first chickie!!! That's how ya do it...and feel no guilt!! :lol: Hope you feel better! :goodluck:

Cat90- I have nooo idea what yaw'l are talking about, so what is the website? I'm nosy!! :lol: SORRY!!!! Y didnt u tell me before?!? I didnt think cyan was pastel...ok so i admit...that was a "blonde" moment, :dunno: but OK!! :lol: Cuss me out next time ok?!?! But I'll really try hard to avoid a next time.

Mscat- again....sorry!!!! :^: Next time, just tell me "hey heffa, you stop that!!" :lol: :nono: I like what you wrote, I read it like 5 times!! But your weight...um :eek: Fix that ms cat!!! LOL You shoulda did mine in pastel to get me back!! :lol:

Satine- Shirts are hard for me, so I end up buying them from the women section in Walmart or something!!! :lol: Hope you find everything!! Shorts...Whoo-hoo!! :lol: :cb:

Ok chickies, I think I've commented to everyone. Seems like we are going to be staying in TX some extra days. That makes me happy though! More time with my daddy! Fear Factor sucks!!! I wouldnt do any of that crap!! Not even for 1 million dollars. Well, I better get out of here, the baby is sleep...but it is waaayyy too early! She'll be up at 5 am!! Oh well, I hope everyone has a blessed night! Until tomorrow..... :wave:

gma22
05-25-2004, 05:47 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is a 4pt week for each one of us!

Laides, I know we can do this so let's work really hard as a team and try and be 100% this week!

POINTS FROM YESTERDAY:

most people posted late so here is the whole group since the last pts posting
Julie :bravo:
SasndyB :bravo:
Jaymi :bravo:
Amanda :bravo:
Knobhdy :cp:

Good going group

Faye ;)

mscat816
05-25-2004, 07:42 AM
Just checking in early to say - I had a great laugh when I realized why everyone was questioning my starting weight! Hey what's the problem??? I have made great strides since I joined :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a 4-pointer yesterday. Target for today is to complete my 4 points before six - I have a tendancy to drag out the water until the "nth" hour and I know it is better to get it in earlier. Got to run to work - will check in later.

mscat816 sw238 :D / cw on 5/21/gw140

Mirabelly
05-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Morning Chickies!

4 points for me yesterday.....woo hoo 2 in a row!

Still raining here......supposed to be all week.....I had to light a fire in the stove yesterday it was so cold! :?: It was in the 80s last week....this week it's in the low 50s. I love Maine! Maine is like a box of chocolates.....you never know what you're gonna get :lol:

Beth--where are you moving that's "north"? Does this mean you've decided on a grad school? (or am I confusing you with someone else?) Winters are easy to deal with as long as you have the proper clothing and get outside to enjoy it.

Faye those cookies sound awesome! I miss cookies........

MsCat--how are you training for your run? I have always wanted to be one of those people who "go for a run" everyday........but it just hurts me to run, my knees and my boobs mainly. I find myself running a little more now that I'm smaller, but nothing I would consider "training". Are you easing into it with walking or what? Don't know what I did to be your hero......but Cool! Oh, and thanks for posting those thoughts from Landmark....I like reading uplifting stuff like that.

Carrie--those shorts sound awesome. Since I do so much sewing, I just can't bring myself to pay $30 for something that I KNOW cost them like $1.50 to make!! But then, I haven't really bought new clothes in forever. Now I'm starting to "look" in the Gap and Old Navy etc. and I'm STUNNED by the prices. There was a cute little mini-skirt at the Gap the other day, very 80s retro (which I love, cuz it's when I was in high school)......they wanted $35!!!! It was identical to the skirts I've been making for my dancers, except short. There was practically no fabric in it and it probably took 10 minutes to make SHEESH!

Jaymie--Good job on the colors! And your last post sounded much more positive, so Way to Go for you!! Keep at it.

AManda--WAY TO GO GIRL!! You stick with those menus and they'll get you through. :cheer: :cheer: Just keep focusing on the goal. You can do it! 80 situps :eek: I couldn't do that! I'm glad you scheduled in Pizza on your menus, cuz I know that's your "weakness". If you don't deprive yourself of what you love, you'll do much better.

Sandy, I hope you're feeling better today :flow1:

Well, I probably missed some people.....but I gotta get the kids to school. Everyone have a super day!

Later babes,
Julie

Satine
05-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Morning ...

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, I could not have exercised if you paid me, I had little to no sleep Sunday night and when I got home from work on yesterday I crashed on the couch and couldnt move, excuses excuses :lol:

Amanda - 80 Sit Ups !!! Geez Girl that is alot...I hate doing sit ups so I am likely to get maybe 10 in, IF that, great job!!

Julie - Yeah I know, it is crazy how expensive these flimsy peices of clothing are, these shorts are really thin and were regularly $40.00 !!!! Oh well what am I going to do, I gotta cover this big ol' butt !!! ha!!! :D

Jaymi - I think before we go on vacation I am going to run by Walmart for a couple of cheaper shirts...good idea...

Beth - The weather really affects me too, just like this hot summer weather we have been having here, I cannot function outside...I have to wait until evening time when it has cooled off....

Faye - The cookies sound good, I tend to just stay away from sweets instead of eating the lower calorie ones...most of them lack for taste, but yours sound good, let me know how they turn out...

MSCat816 - Thanks for changing your weight, that number was a little scary!!

Sandy - Hope you feel better soon!!!

Everybody else, have a great Tuesday...I am still tired today, so tired, there was a huge thunderstorm that came through about 3 in the morning and kept me up for about an hour...maybe I can get some good sleep tonight... :)

Sandybrat
05-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Hello Beautifuls!! 4 points yesterday... and thank you all... i am feeling much better. slept yesterday and went to bed and slept well last night. been on a cleaning spree this morning...lol have to run out and get some more carpet cleaner and a new broomything... i dont know what its called but i love it... hang on...nope doesnt say on the handle...lol the handle broke... so i have to get a new one... so off to menards i go...lol need ot jump in the shower and get myself ready. I hope all is going well for all of u... i will check back in later... love to u all... rmember to take care of U...
Sandy

Scuzin
05-25-2004, 11:02 AM
4 pointer! This is the 1st time I've even come close to one in a while...So I feel good. only 2 1/2 weeks left of the term! I don't know if I"m looking forward to summer or not. Right now I'm homeless as far as next year...I was going to get this particular house with 3 other people but 1 backed out so....EEK!

beth_on_the_beach
05-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Hello All,

Faye - I wanted to thank-you. Yesterday I just didn't want to go for a walk. No reason, just being lazy, but I was sitting here and was thinking, man I really hate to not have a 4 point day on the first day of the 4 point week! So because of that I got myself out the door and walked. Thanks for the motivation! Otherwise I would of just sat here. So...I get 4 points for yesterday.

Julie - That's me, the seeker of grad schools. I have spent untold hours looking at websites, going around in circles and getting nowhere. I have made a few decisions about the situation. I've taken the b/f out of the equation. I have decided I've given myself too much importance in my parents life lol. So if I can find what I'm looking for near them, in a place I can stand to live, I will do so. Otherwise I won't. I don't know where I'm going yet, but it will be up North. I have picked a few schools. Old Dominion in Norfolk, VA., Yale, Brown, and Univ of Mass in Amherst. I've also selected Queensland Univ in Belfast, Ireland. The problem I have is I'm looking at schools for two different majors, the one I want and then a back-up in case I don't get my first choice. The few schools that even have my major, on average, select only 3 - 4 students a year for the major I want so I am applying to ten schools, but that only means 30 - 35 slots and about 3,500 students trying to fill them. That's why I need a back-up major. Okay that was MUCH more information than you asked for lol.

Oh one other thing about moving up North. I get cold when it gets below 75 lol. I have koolaid for blood.

Well, here's to another 4 point day!

Beth

cat90
05-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

I blew yesterday :dunno: was cleaning, doing laundry then i sat down in front of the box and felt sad and depressed so started eating anything i could find :cry: today will be different i bounced out of bed at 6am grabbed a bottle of water and jumped straight onto my treadmill for a 3.25ml walk/jog :tread: :cp: had my brekky before 9am and now i'm raring to go :D

Faye, i have'nt followed the 'dieters' so i don't know who Angela is :shrug: i just wanted to see the "before" and "afters" :D i agree about Jim i wondered if his wife would want to up sticks and leave too :nono: she looked happy enough tho' did'nt she? but then again we don't know what was said when they got home :lol:

Hey Jaymi :nose: its a website for anyone following WeightWatchers :D pts info etc. If you're interested go to www.dwlz.com

gma22
05-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Cat: Angela was the largest lady in the whole group. She weighed close to 400 lbs I think. She didn't make much effort in anything and complained a lot that others were expecting too much from her. I knew she really wasn't ready for this from the very beginning because she bought junk food and brought it into the house when they were all living there together!

Beth: OOOOHHHH I am so glad you got up and exercised and got your 4 pts. I know you have to be glad you did. I don't know about the schools having your major, but don't forget William and Mary in Williamsburg if they have what you want. You might want to consider Duke too. I am trying to think of colleges and universities on the east coast.

POINTS FOR TODAY:

MsCat :bravo:
Julie :bravo:
Sandy B :bravo:
Susan :bravo:
Carri :cp:

Have a great afternoon ladies. I did a walk, weights and cleaned house today so I think I pretty much got in exercise today! :lol:

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi Chickies!!

Just a quick drop by because I got soo much work to do. My challenge is going wearily, yesterday I had too less calories so I had to just force feed myself at like 8 last night. I dont know what went wrong, I guess the foods I am eating are too less, and today I've alread ate 850, I added 1/4 cup baked beans to my lunch, that made it 375. I still think that's a bit much, I'd like to eat more calories during breakfast, but that is the hardest meal of all for me , so I'm confused. I've exercised both days so that's not a problem. I still get my 4 pts though, at least we dont points for being smart!!! :lol:

I keep getting side cramps when I get on the treadmill, I dont' get it. When I do other exercises I dont get them. I went got a cup of grapes and ate them while I was on there and it went away. I guess thats my answer huh?!? EAT HEFFA!!!

Well I guess I'll get my butt in gear while Dora is playing for now, I gotta take the darn dog out too. Sometimes I could just strangle that dog!! The dog is crying to go pee, and the baby is sleep in my arms, I can't just throw the baby on the floor to take the dog out?!?!? So I go to put the baby down and come back to a big wet spot...GGRRRR I told the dog to hold it 1 minute!!! If dogs could speak english, it would be muuuch easier.

Ok, I'm about to have a panic attack! I'm not used to my son being home, now my toddler got a hold of a crayon, and ate it... :?: They better be non-toxic or I'm about to have a hissy!!!!

I'll come back later if I'm not in the crazy house!!! Bye!!

gma22
05-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Jaymi: Crayons are just wax with basically a food dye so it will not hurt your little one.

Looks like the pool will be open soon. I saw someone cleaning it this morning. They usually notify us but we haven't heard anything. I may take a walk across the courtyard and see how it looks.

I need to paint my nails. My dgs is "graduating" from preschool tomorrow so I surely have to be there.

Amanda Panda
05-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Hi all!

Another 4 point day for me! - I didn't go on the exercise bike as I've been feeling a bit lightheaded all day, but I did go into town and was walking around for about 2 hours, so that can count as my exercise for today. My sit ups are using an 'ab cradle' - not proper 'mens sit ups'! They work though - I'm feeling my stomach muscles for the first time in a while and it really helps trim my tummy and waist. They are hard work at the moment - but they are so effective that it is a case of 'no pain no gain' where they are concerned!

Take care!

Love Amanda xx

mscat816
05-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Having a great day so far despite getting into work 3 hours late because of a plumbing emergency costing $360! Stuff happens :dizzy: Halfway to my 4 pointer for the day. Going home with hubby in a minute to work out on bowflex followed by dinner - my last meal of the day!!!

Stress Buster number 3 is DIA - DO IT ANYWAY! Many times we face stress because we fall into the trap of allowing excuses and/or FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real) to interfere with our ability to get something done. At least once a day for a week, do at least one thing everyday, simply because you had the thought that you did not want to do it. You will be amazed at how that something becomes possible in the face of "It's impossible, real in the face of unimaginable, habit in the face of "I can't even begin."

Stress Buster number 4 is BE A MEMBER OF THE DIN, DIN, DIN CLUB - DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW! This goes along with DIA - you can relieve a lot of stress by doing somethings right now rather than adding them to an already unmanageble list and putting off for tomorrow (or later) something that could be quickly and easily done today (or now)! Be aware of your time and your priorities. I am drinking my 50 oz of bottle of water right now - because waiting until later means I may not get it done until after dinner and I still have another 50 to drink before bed!

Amanda - I applaud you - I do 100 crunches 4 times a week too!

Scuzin' - Congrats on your 4-pointer!

Amanda and Julie - I appreciate your thoughts on my messages. I am so glad you found them helpful. Julie - I am training on the treadmill increasing my distance, speed, and incline by increments every week. I recently moved outside to the real road and started out with a slow consistent jog for a mile without stopping - now up to 2 miles without stopping, going for 3 miles by the end of this week.

Have a great day! mscat 816 sw238/cw on 5/21/gw140

Mirabelly
05-26-2004, 07:42 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Blech.......another rainy cold day. I'm really starting to get depressed. I was almost through a 4 point day and then blew it in the evening. I ate way too much and talked myself out of exercising. So I only ended up with 1 point. This lack of exercise is making me really grumpy on top of not seeing the sun for a week. Now I have a headache this morning and am feeling blue. I guess that's my woe for today. Good thing it's Wednesday.

I just don't know how to get out of this slump! I'm eating massive amounts of carbs, mainly pasta, and I know that gives me cravings when I'm not hungry....I guess that's the root of the problem. I have to get the starch out of my system. Guess I'll try to stick with fruit today. I think all this cold weather is making me want comfort food. Gotta put my head in a sunny place! Maybe get some nice cheese to go with my whine! :lol:

Amanda----Way to go on your 4 pointer! :flow 1:

Faye--Glad the pool will be open for you soon......I know you are so happy when you can splash around for an hour everyday.

MSCat--Thanks again for the DIA, DIN......I need to think that way more often.

Well, I have dance class tonight......that always cheers me up.

See you gals later,
Julie

Satine
05-26-2004, 09:26 AM
Morning ...

I did not get any points yesterday :( So boo hoo to me...I was just having one of those nights where I couldnt fill the hunger void ... I have one of those about once a month...so after I had eaten dinner and after American Idol went off my husband comes in and says he is hungry ( he hadnt eaten dinner yet ) so I made him a couple of grilled cheese sandwhiches and one for myself PLUS some bbq chips...plus a Little Debbie fudge round !!! :lol:
Okay so I ate two dinners ... :rofl: What of it??? :sumo:

So I guess my woe would be that I am a :ink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Julie - I think I want to move to Maine...the weather you have always sounds like my kind of weather, rainy and cold? Bring it on ... I am more of a melancholy baby anyhow ...

Sandy - Glad you are feeling better :wave:

Faye - I would think that they would open the pool up over Memorial Day weekend, most places do it then

Jaymi - It is Weds Woes ... this is your day :cb:

Check in later ...

Mirabelly
05-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi Again,
Where is everyone today???

Just thought I'd let you all know that I just got in 60 minutes of exercise. YAAY! And I feel much better now. It's amazing......why do we have so much trouble doing things that we KNOW will make us feel good?? Elmo's World was talking about exercise today......so I figured it was a sign :lol: :lol3:

I realised that part of my procrastination was the thought of 30 mind numbing minutes on the treadmill or lifting weights. Even 30 minutes of dancing didn't sound all that great. So, I told myself I'd just put on a cd and walk for 1 song, then lift for 1 song, and alternate back and forth.....it worked. I didn't get bored and I did quite a lot of work. Hey, don't they call that circuit training? Why didn't I think of it before :?:

Ok, off to buy some fruit and some cds.......

Hope everyone's having a great day.

Julie

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-26-2004, 11:43 AM
:wave: Hey everyone, I'm just checking in for a minute, I got so much to do today.

Mirabelly- :cp: YAY GOOD JOB!! :cheer:

Amanda- :cheer: Good job on your 4 pt'er!

ms Cat- :cp: YAY for you!! I like your messages, they are motivating!

Satine- HEY!! I heard that!!! :lol: No woes today!! Well at least you got your "grub" on!! :eating2:

Well, got a lot of work to do to get ready for Tx, so will check back later!

Jay

Sandybrat
05-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Hello Beautifuls!! 4 points again yesterday... on my way to another today... feeling better than yesterday as well. Got the toys and the garage cleaned and gone thru... so now i just have to reorganize the boys room so the toys are not jsut thrown...lol yeah i know i will be lucky if it lasts one day...lol I think i am going to go for a bike ride today... its nice and the sun is shining... think i will make the most of it. hope u all have a fantastic day... i will check back later... love to u all.... remembe to take care of U...
Sandy

cat90
05-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi Ladies,

Who are you rooting for in American Idol? I want Fantasia to win :cb: i thought it would have been her or LaToya but seeing as she got the boot (unfairly in my opinion) then Fantasia deserves to win. Diana is a pretty good singer but she has'nt mastered her technique yet and that is her downfall, in a couple of years she'll be ready.

Did good yesterday and got up early again this morning and walked 4.30mls :tread: also just dropped and did 50 sit ups when i read Amanda's post about them keeping her tummy trim ;) i used to do 100 every day when i was slim and my stomach was as flat as a board so its time to start doing them again :)

beth_on_the_beach
05-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm short on time, but I wanted to check in. I get 4 points for yesterday.

Faye - Thanks for the school ideas. I will look into both of them.

Well, I'm going to walk to the library. It's a good walk, 4 miles round trip. So I should get to it. I'll check in later.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Beth

Satine
05-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi All ...

Cathy - I am also hoping that Fantasia wins...I think she probably will especially after the performance that Diana had last night with her third song.
And you are right Diana has came a long way in the competition but Fantasia is just a bigger, better singer - hands down....I was sad when LaToya was booted off, in my mind I thought she would win the whole thing, but ya never know I guess....

Later....

Amanda Panda
05-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi Chicks!

Yay me! Another 4 pointer for me - I've just done 30 mins on my exercise bike and 90 sit ups, and I feel good!

GUESS WHAT? :eek: - Many of you will know that Nigel and I got engaged just before Christmas. Well today we were discussing getting married and having children (we are both really broody! :bb: ) - and we decided that we will get married next year!!!!! We've spoken about getting married for years, and even now we've been engaged for 6 months - we haven't ever sat down and made any plans, so it's never felt 'real' - if you know what I mean! I'm 31 and Nigel is 34 so we really want to have children soon - you never know how long it will take do you? And i guess you all know that I really want to be a size 10/12 (UK) when I walk down the aisle - so you know what that means...... I've got to lose over 100lb in the next 14 - 15 months! :yikes:

This is the push I need though - I have mucked around for sooooooo long, and now I have no excuse - I have to do this!

I had a 'vision' in my sleep the other night - of me in a beautiful wedding dress, with long flowing hair (I'm growing it long ), looking lovely and slim - I can make that happen right? I'm under no illusion that it will be easy, but it will be so worth all the hard work.

So my friends - I am REALLY going to need you over the next year!! This is so important to me!

Well done Julie and Cathy on getting down to that exercise :cb: :cheer: - why do we always put it off when it makes us feel so much better? That is one of lifes unanswerable questions isn't it? We all do it don't we?

Must go!

Love Amanda xx

mscat816
05-26-2004, 06:41 PM
My woe for today is spending 1 and 1/2 hours at the dentist for a cleaning :( and discovering I need a root canal! Oh well, I am grateful to be able to save the tooth - Grateful I have most of my own teeth - Grateful I don't live in a third world country with no dental care - grateful I have dental insurance - Grateful that I have the opportunity to brush and floss more often and save future teeth :D - my glass is half full!

And that ladies is Stress Buster #5 - MAKE LEMONS OUT OF LEMONADE - remember your glass is half full rather than half empty. Look at the good, the extraordinary, the opportunities for growth that exists in every situation.

#6 is A FOOL WILL LOSE TOMORROW LOOKING BACK ON YESTERDAY - live for today, for the present, for the moment. What happened yesterday, this morning, or even 5 minutes is done and there is nothing you can do to change it. You can only do something about what is happening right now, in the present. Although tomorrow is not promised but you are better off working, changing, preparing for the immediate future than lamenting about the past.

Had a 4-pointer yesterday and on my way today. Did 150 crunches this a.m. and I have had 75 oz of water already. :)

Cat I am also voting for Fantasia- I think Diana is sweet and she has great potential for the future. I just hope that the critics are not right about Simon untintentionally garnishing sympathy votes for Diana with his criticism.

Mirabelly and Jaymi - Thanks and your welcome! I am thinking about publishing my thoughts.

mscat816 sw238/cw on 5-21/gw 140

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-26-2004, 10:04 PM
:cheer: FANTASIA :cheer:

:encore: FANTASIA :encore:

:cb: FANTASIA :cb:

Well you know who I was routing for!! Well, I had typed this long post before they announced the winner, and the stupid computer cut off, so here we go again, I gotta cut it even shorter because I gotta get back to work!

4 pts for today, didnt do the treadmill but I've been on my feet since 12:30 and I've been sweating like a dog, so it's the same.

Mscat- :bravo:

Amanda- :bravo: and congrats on your wedding, I am sooo happy for ya! :cb: and of course I will always be here for ya!! :hat:

Satine- :wave:

Beth- :bravo:

Cat90- :cp:

Sandy- :bravo:

Well you chicks, I gotta go, but I will talk with you all later!!! Bye :lol:

Mirabelly
05-27-2004, 07:54 AM
Morning lovelies,

I did get a 4 pointer yesterday.....YAAAYY! It's still cold and rainy and I still have a headache from the weather, but maybe we'll have a nice weekend. It only got UP to 45 yesterday :eek: Everyone is grumpy for lack of sunshine....

Amanda---You can do it, honey! 15 months is plenty of time, just take things day by day and don't focus on how far away it is. I'm so psyched about all your 4 point days this week! YAAAAYYY AMANDA! :cheer:

Wish I could talk longer, but the kids are bugging me about getting to school early today.

Be back later,
Julie

knobhdy
05-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Hey ladies,
How have you all been? I am doing mostly well. The weather is awful here too. I have been having a problem staying away from sugar recently, and I have been hungry all the time, although part of that is because I have been wasting my calories on sugar. I will be better, I have to be cause I want to loose another 10 inches, enough before Pennsic that i have time to make new clothes.

I have been walking religiously and attending Dance class with the Evil version of my teacher, who wants to pass this really nasty choreography on to us from her professional class. Talk about exercise.

Julie - You are right during battles I am usually on the battlefield. Well above it more like. Part of my chirurgeon job is to run the radio network during the battles, so I have a great seat up with the field marshals and if you get injured out there (god-forbid) It will be me shouting for the RAT team.
Last year was my first year at the job, and so I work all the battles and also worked my customary "drunk and stumble" shifts at point, which pretty much meant I was working all day and all night. As you can do doubt imagine, it wasn't a very relaxing vacation. And I went to exactly no classes that weren't first aid related. This year I have decided to worked days, and spend the nights with my household at the very least and maybe even attend a <gasp> party or hafla.

Faye - Ohh those cookies sound heavenly. Good luck with the venture.

Amanda - Congratulations. I have no doubt that you will make that vision come true. Just imagine sharing your wedding photos with your grandchildren, in the future and having them want to look just like you when they get married.

Have a great day all.

Sandybrat
05-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Good Morning BEAUTIFULS!!!!! another 4 pointer !! yea! Got alot dont yesterday and doing laundry today... yippie!! LOL oh well... its good exercise up and down the stairs... I am getting the painting itch again... i think i will paint my grams cedar chest and put it to use in my bedroom... i have a big armoire to paint yet as well... but the weather has been really damp and the sun cant seem top decide if it wants to stay out or not....lol but i want to paint... so i will...lol I hope you all have a fantastic day... i will check in later.
Amanda... u can do it hon... just take one day at a time... i have faith in u...
Love to all of u lovlies...
take care of U
Sandy

beth_on_the_beach
05-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Morning All,

Sounds like everyone is doing well! I get 4 points for yesterday as well.

I went walking yesterday and it was sooo hot. Like an idiot I also went at the hotest part of the day. I wasn't feeling well when I left, my stomach was bothering me a bit, and by the time I got back, 4 miles later, I was really sick. I felt like I was getting heat stroke. I felt bad all evening, but I'm fine today.

Where's Faye by the way? Was she going out of town or something? She hasn't posted yesterday or today which isn't at all like her?

Amanda - I'm sure you can do it if you put your mind to it. Just keep your goal in mind and you will get there.

Well, that's about all for now. Have a great day all,

Beth

gma22
05-27-2004, 05:53 PM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT 70