South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 02:40 PM   #1  

Default New, wanted to say HI

HI! I'm Kathie, I live on the Oregon Coast in a little town called Astoria (where the Goonies was filmed), started SBD 11 days ago with my BF and I'm loving it, he has issues with being really hungry around bedtime (and of course he's lost 15 lbs already...), but I'm doing good considering I totally gave up my pepsi and my chai/espresso combination, I'm down 11 lbs! It's amazing how easy this is and how fast the rewards come!

I've never been all that thin, however I've been comfortable with my size due to muscle mass etc, until I went over a 13/14, I was a personal fitness trainer for years even though I constantly battled my weight, I've been on every diet program, shake and pill out there. I got really involved in researching diets and diet programs and quickly became a person who cringed every time I heard someone say they were starting a diet, dieting is BAD! For my clients at the gym I quit using the word "DIET" and used the words "Healthy Eating Habits". I was eating pretty healthy other than my bad addiction to pepsi and lack of eating, I ate once maybe twice a day and pretty much stayed at the same weight (even though it was still considered "overweight")... I suffered from not being hungry, up until recently, my stomach has growled maybe 3 or 4 times in the last year that I'm aware of, I just never got hungry. Different story now...

I moved to Oregon almost 6 yrs ago and in this time I have put on 50 lbs, my diet didn't change, but my activity level and my pepsi drinking did, I started living on pepsi and was basically a SAHM, I work 4 months a year outside the home. I started hearing about the SBD a couple weeks ago on "The View" (My BF's favorite AM show...) and I figured I would check out the book, we got the book at costco and I read it that night and was amazed it was like Dr. A scrambled around in my head and then wrote a book, everything he said made sense because it was exactly what I had been telling my clients years ago... Seeing what you know in print is a very powerful thing, I knew I wasn't eating enough, I knew that the pepsi was hurting me, I knew that depriving yourself of complex healthy carbs was bad not only for body but for mind, I knew that I should be eating 6 times a day, I knew that I needed change not only for me but for my kids, my 7 yr old's favorite breakfast drink was same as mommie's... Pepsi... so it's not only changing my life it's changing their lives as well... I have fallen into the mainstream way of eating/living an unhealthy way.

The only issues I've had while on this plan is about 4 days in I was having one of those days and feeling "deprived" of everything, because I can't have my espresso/chai mix in the mornings anymore and my heavy whipping cream for creamer was gone and I said enough, the only thing I do different than I'm sure anyone else here (or maybe not) is that I do allow myself heavy cream in my morning coffee. I have "cheated" if you want to call it that, but only once, it was that TOM and I got hit with a massive migraine so I had a pepsi to help relieve it, it worked, I was having a few cravings the next day but not anything I couldn't work through and I figure there are worse things than drinking a pepsi once a month... especially if it gets you through the pain. Other than that episode life is good, Glad this board is around!

Kat
BW: 240
CW: 229
1st GW: 190
UGW: 175 (Size 11!!!)
Old 05-20-2004, 03:56 PM   #2  
Traci

Default Welcome to the beach!

These are a great bunch of gals here.

I enjoyed reading your introductory post. It's very nice to meet you. :-) It's great that your BF is doing SB with you. Pop is so hard to give up, I know. It's probably what I miss most too.

Welcome!
Old 05-20-2004, 05:09 PM   #3  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Welcome to the beach!

Ssshhh! Don't tell anyone but I didn't give up the cream in my coffee either and I have been losing steadily!
Old 05-20-2004, 06:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, Kat!!
Old 05-20-2004, 06:33 PM   #5  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome!!
Old 05-20-2004, 07:48 PM   #6  

hello there! nice to meet you. The goonies was one of my favorite movies growing up...lol. look forward to getting to know you.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:20 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Welcome Kat!

I used to be a regular pepsi drinker. I abhored the diet stuff. But you know what? I did switch to diet last year and now, I can't TOUCH the regular stuff! And I only have soda once a day, if that. I stick to flavored waters/seltzers.

Congrats on the 11 lbs [and to b/f on his 15!]!!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:39 AM   #8  

Welcome! I'm new to SB too. You'll find all kinds of encouragement here! Congrats on your loss and good luck for the future!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:50 PM   #9  

Thank you all for the welcome : ))

Kathie
Old 05-23-2004, 12:45 AM   #10  

Welcome, Kathie! I'm a newbie myself, and so far I'm loving SB. I'm amazed at how (fairly) easy it has been for me to stick with, besides those first few extremely difficult days... My husband and I are doing this together and that really does make it so much easier.

Keep up with the good work! I'm glad to meet you!!
Closed Thread